Topic: FAKE Aquolina pink sugar

Ok.It was the first time I ordered online,and I have to say I'm getting REALLY disappointed.My pink sugar is 99% fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However,just to be sure,what are some steps to recognizing a fake perfume?

Re: FAKE Aquolina pink sugar

What are the signs that it is fake?

As I said,it was the first time I ordered a perfume off an online store.
Unfortunatelly,I didn't know the smell of that particular perfume before receiving it this morning,so it was a total blind buy for me.I can't tell if the smell is fake.
Also,thanks to what members of fragrantica have stated from previous experiences,I checked the spelling,the font,and the packaging of the product.I was glad to discover that there was no mispelling , and no font changing to the original,as it is shown in the photos of the original product I found online.In addition to that,I read somewhere that if the celophane is tightly wrapped around the bottle,then it is original.Test no2 passed.Also I read that if the bardcode of the product is on the bottom of the box and bottle,then the product is original.Test no3 passed too.
However,on the packaging,as I saw in the photos on google,there is a red leaf under the AQUOLINA sign.I can't see this on the package I received.

boussoulitsa wrote:

Unfortunatelly,I didn't know the smell of that particular perfume before receiving it this morning,so it was a total blind buy for me.I can't tell if the smell is fake.
Also,thanks to what members of fragrantica have stated from previous experiences,I checked the spelling,the font,and the packaging of the product.I was glad to discover that there was no mispelling , and no font changing to the original,as it is shown in the photos of the original product I found online.In addition to that,I read somewhere that if the celophane is tightly wrapped around the bottle,then it is original.Test no2 passed.Also I read that if the bardcode of the product is on the bottom of the box and bottle,then the product is original.Test no3 passed too.
However,on the packaging,as I saw in the photos on google,there is a red leaf under the AQUOLINA sign.I can't see this on the package I received.

From which online shop did you ordered it?

What would make you think it was fake if you have never smelled the fragrance before?

I think perhaps the fragrance was just not what you were expecting it to smell like (considering the blind buy).

Pink Sugar is a bit bitter in the opening stage due to the blast of licorice.  If this is what you are smelling it is the authentic scent of pink sugar.  Give the fragrance about 20 minutes to settle on your skin and you will get the warm vanilla/caramel scent others describe.

I've seen fake pink sugar especially at flea markets and stuff like that!   It seems like they copy all the popular stuff and
then sell it for a little bit less than retail.  What is the size of the bottle you purchased?  from where?  how is the staying power.  Usually the staying power is amazing on this product.  If you can post picture of perfume and box that will really help!

ojosverdes's Website

Tight cellophane wrapping might be an indicator, but I bought http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.455.jpg Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita Lempicka
in Perfumania and the cellophane was not very tight, but it was certainly real!

boussoulitsa wrote:

It's not a leaf, it's pepper. Maybe you ordered the Sensual version of the fragrance? Becouse just the original has the pepper logo on it. Take a look at both of them.

Well,first off,the site I bought it from is www.hellascosmetique.gr it's a greek site so greek fellows on fragrantica probably have an experience from it.
Second,my suspicions don't rely on whether I like the scent or not,however it is quite bitter at first,but it has great staying powers,even on my skin while other perfumes stay for a little time.
And,no,I'm positive I ordered the first version of it,not the sensual one.And,it is the 50 ml bottle.

I'll try to post a picture later.

Sounds like you bought a geniune fragrance. Pink Sugar has great staying power and it is also a sign that you did not buy a fake. Fakes have very poor staying power in general.

I also think you have bought the real stuff.

Pink Sugar is ONLY harsh licourice to my nose. I so want to get the vanilla that others seems to smell in this - but no.

Let's hope so.But why doesn't it have the pepper on the box?

I managed to take a couple of photos of the perfume.
Here they are:
http://img405.imageshack.us/i/dsc00867r.jpg/
http://img262.imageshack.us/i/dsc00870m.jpg/

Looks like the real thing to me.

ok thank you guys so much!I was worried I got a fake :S

Ok and what about this one?I got it from the same website.It came in the mail along with pink sugar.
I just need more opinions because I intend(ed) to give it as a gift.
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/dsc00873ci.jpg/
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/dsc00875v.jpg/
http://img812.imageshack.us/i/dsc00876vo.jpg/