Topic: Fake Armani Code ALERT!

hello,

i have recently received a fake armani code in a swap. luckily for me this was meant to be a back-up bottle so obviously i had the original to compare it with and knew it was a fake upon seeing it!

here are some photos:

https://cid-2cbc880efac991e5.skydrive.l … TXgpaI8%24

the left is the fake one, right being the authentic one.

there are many faults:

- glass bottle has air bubbles in it at bottom.
- the details on original bottle is more detailed, the blue on it is slightly darker and more richer while the fake is very blurry and uneven (splotchy paint job)
- the atomiser is not screwed on properly and lid cannot close properly. where the atomiser sits, it is not flat.

for more please check out photos.

Last edited by amayachan (2011-03-24 05:36:44)

Re: Fake Armani Code ALERT!

Ohhhhhh....that's so bad!!!Did you get it from a swapper from here????Is it possible that the person who swapped with you ,didn't know??
Could you please share with us some more info??Thank you!

WELCOME TO www.fragrantica.gr

*sophi*'s Website

I could not see the pictures, don't know how to work the link.  How does it smell?

Nothing smells better then a freshly bathed Sheltie!

hey,

yes the swapper didn't know so i don't blame her. i'm just raising awareness of fakes to everyone here.

and also i updated the link so it should work now. please view photos and tell me if you can see them and the differences. thank you!

oh.. im so sorry for you . this kind of things is so bad and boringhttp://www.fragrantica.com/board/img/smilies/sad.pnglucky that you have the other bottle to compare whit at lest.  better luck next time . so sorry for you. thanks for the reaminder alsohttp://www.fragrantica.com/board/img/smilies/kram.gif

Be the change you want to see in the world <3

I have learnt that many brands have their own code inscripted on the bottom and on the box.
Chanel has a 4 figure code engraved on the back almost beneath
Givenchy has a code.
Armani has a code too.
Thierry Mugler as well.

I usually ask to check seller to avoid disappointments later.
Good luck!!!

AmberLove wrote:

I have learnt that many brands have their own code inscripted on the bottom and on the box.
Chanel has a 4 figure code engraved on the back almost beneath
Givenchy has a code.
Armani has a code too.
Thierry Mugler as well.

I usually ask to check seller to avoid disappointments later.
Good luck!!!

Thanks for telling us glad

WELCOME TO www.fragrantica.gr

*sophi*'s Website

Hello!

I bought Cerruti 1881 new boxed recently but there's a thing that confuses me and that's 3.3 oz on the box and on the bottom of the bottle it's 3.4 oz. This has really put me in doubt. There's a very nice member here who has it too so I pmed her asked for her favour to describe her bottle and the detail on the bottom of the bottle. This girl really helped me. Well, our details matched and the descriptions of our bottles matched too but the 3.3oz on box and 3.4oz on bottle thing is really confusing for me and the store doesn't have a return policy. A bit about the store, they have their many branches in my city and another city of Pakistan but if they are selling no.2 stuff then they have already lost me as their customer.

I did check the serial number on the box and bottle right at the time I purchased which was right it but never noticed the difference of volume. My bad.

Oh, so you're sure the swapper didn't know?
This terrifies me....
I have gotten in my life 2 fakes, from ebay, but in both cases the sellers refunded my money.
But this is scary. really scary. Thanks for sharing.
May I ask... was this swapper an established member here or a newbie? you don't need to give names if you don't want to.....

"The supreme happiness of life the conviction that we are loved."

It does look fake!
Are u sure the swapper didn't know? It must smell fake!

And also I think that in this case the swapper should send you your bottle back....

well we made a deal that next time we swap, she'll send me something extra and i trust that she doesn't know it's a fake as we've swapped before and the previous perfumes were real.

Just want to say thanks Amayachan for bringing the diff in fakes to our attention, I am sure many will find it helpful. A permanent topic with pics of genuine vs fakes would be great to see around here to help us all learn.

Also, kudos for not naming the person. You obviously trust their integrity and that is all that matters. I'm impressed tho that you have thought enough to keep the details your own business when you are not getting the impression that it was anything but a genuine mistake. A blatant rip off is another matter, .. but you have used your own judgement instead of jumping to conclusions.

I know that despite making a point of trying to educate myself on detecting fakes, I for one would not have known if I had a fake Armani Code. I would feel awful if I unwittingly passed it on to another thinking it was genuine, ... and I would feel even more awful if people started questioning my integrity instead of my ignorance. So, I like the way you've handled this. http://www.fragrantica.com/board/img/smilies/tummenupp.gif

I have a pair of back bottles I think MAY BE a fake. Unopened, sealed, but...something says to me they are wrong...I bought them in a regular shop overseas. Sometimes happens that the box, is slightly different from our own countries retailers. Sometimes made at france, sometimes made in USA...

The real thing is that I would never swap any perfume I have the tiny doubt it may be a fake...

so sorry for your dissapointment and decepction!!!!

I have heard of some discontinued & rare to find perfumes to be re-filled original bottles, usually purchased at ebay, but never about common fragrances fakes... talking about fakes one and not imitations or inspirations or bottles that clearly are not the original ones...