Topic: What do violets smell like? Parfums Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse Eau de Parfum
Yes, I know. I vaguely remember violets smelling sweet and delicate but...
I just wanted different opinions and descriptions.
Im getting this for my birthday. I dont want to be stuck with poo. tongue

Re: What do violets smell like?

Violet, true violet, is one of those notes that perfumers don't really do justice. Real violets smell sweet, and green, and very fresh - but to me, most 'violet' perfumes smell much more like violet pastilles (Candies) than like the flower.

I had that particular perfume and just sold it to a friend who also loved it (I decided I liked the lighter EdT version instead-- mostly for spraying the sheets).  You will find it sweet and with a touch of raspberry.

I have several other violets is hard not to love violets!

One word of caution on that particular bottle-- do not keep the bulb atomizer screwed in place.  Store it with the regular little cap it comes with.  My friend who bought my bottle owned a bottle of her own earlier, which evaporated through the bulb.  Apparently it allows for some air exchange.

Thanks for the advice - 30 roses.
I was never good with atomizers. They hate me xD

The most life like violet scent I smelled was Penhaligon`s Violetta
it's a bit sweet, a big mossy, a bit dirty, a bit green.
But then, there are violets such as the ones in Bond No 9 Eau de Noho
where the dirt is missing, so is the "wet leaf" scent, just flowers.

"The supreme happiness of life the conviction that we are loved."

Re: What do violets smell like? Calypso Christiane Celle Calypso Violette  this smells similar to Parfums Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse Eau de Parfum.I layered both with warm vanilla sugar.

Re: What do violets smell like? L Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette Gorgeous and fresh, just beautiful Borsari Violetta di Parma Very similar to Parfums Berdoues, beautiful as well. Annick Goutal La Violette Lovely violet, a tad sweeter than the above two. Penhaligon`s Violetta  Very fresh, Very green, Very clean violet, Lovely!

If you are later convinced that you absolutely, positively love and adore violets and could bathe in their essence, and want a strong, sweet, violet with killer sillage and longevity.......try this.... Guerlain Insolence Eau de Parfum (the nuclear bomb of violets) Magnificent though.

The impermanence of life is what makes it so very precious. Carpe Noctem!

I had no clue that Violettes de Toulouse was this known!
I thought it was totally in the dark. Its a pretty old scent, a little older than shalimar.

Thanks for all of your help!