Topic: Going to Italy.... Perfume shop recommendations wanted!

Dear Fragrantians,

I'm planning a trip soon to north Italy (Milan, Genova, Florence, Venice, Cinque Terre) and would like to get some recommendations on perfume shops, especially to ones that carry niche or italian brands!

Thank you!

SandraS

Re: Going to Italy.... Perfume shop recommendations wanted!

Thank you Hedonist!

Last edited by SandraS (2011-08-08 05:45:19)

When i went to Italy last spring , i have found http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.932.jpg Cacharel Liberte  in store , whereas it is discontinued in my country ! So maybe watch out , maybe some of your "discontinued darlings" can be still available there !

Niche , unexpensive , girly , "old lady" ... Whatever  ! Wear what YOU LIKE !

LaPetite wrote:

When i went to Italy last spring , i have found http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.932.jpg  Cacharel Liberte in store , whereas it is discontinued in my country ! So maybe watch out , maybe some of your "discontinued darlings" can be still available there !

try cheap smells dot com, they carry it and deliver to most of europe/the US etc.

hope this link works

www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productSex=&priceRange=&category=0&brand=Cacharel&name=Libert%25C3%25A9&previousBrand=Cacharel

treenhe wrote:
LaPetite wrote:

When i went to Italy last spring , i have found http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.932.jpg  Cacharel Liberte in store , whereas it is discontinued in my country ! So maybe watch out , maybe some of your "discontinued darlings" can be still available there !

try cheap smells dot com, they carry it and deliver to most of europe/the US etc.

hope this link works

www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productSex=&priceRange=&category=0&brand=Cacharel&name=Libert%25C3%25A9&previousBrand=Cacharel

Thanks for the link !  11

Niche , unexpensive , girly , "old lady" ... Whatever  ! Wear what YOU LIKE !

LaPetite wrote:
treenhe wrote:
LaPetite wrote:

hope this link works

Thanks for the link !  11

no problem glad have used them many times so am happy to recommend them.

You can laso find  in each italian  city some interesting store-discount as "Acqua e sapone" where there are some times a lot of perfumes discontinued with cheap prices , I saw "Arrogance femme" 100 ml for 3 euro  and 30 ml cacharel liberte 5 euro,la perla "dark chokolate" 100 ml 29 euro......

Last edited by Galya (2011-08-09 04:38:12)

Everyone wants to have a friend ,
but nobody wants to be him..

Galya wrote:

You can laso find in each italian city some interesting store-discount as "Acqua e sapone" where there are some times a lot of perfumes discontinued with cheap prices , I saw "Arrogance femme" 100 ml for 3 euro and 30 ml cacharel liberte 5 euro,la perla "dark chokolate" 100 ml 29 euro......

Hi Galya, I think I visit a store like this once in Sardinia, and bought there some wonderfull Marseille soaps. Could it be the same?

YES,sANDRA ,i THINK SO  glad

i CAN ALSO ADD THAT THERE A LOT OF LITTLE PRIVATE BUTIQUE WHERE  YOU CAN FIND SOME DISCONTINUED PERFUMES WITH A VERY INTERESTING PRICES glad

Last edited by Galya (2011-08-09 06:11:44)

Everyone wants to have a friend ,
but nobody wants to be him..

BONJOUR.Try to find CARTHUSIA PERFUMES.

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website

Hello, SandraS!

There is I Hate Perfume store in Venice

Boudoir Galleria Ottica
Dorsoduro, 3771
Venezia 30123
+39 (0)41.839.1929

Definite check out any of the locations of Offinicia Profumo Farmaceutica Santa Maria Novella while you're in Florence!  They make lovely perfumes.

hjarta

In case no one has told you yet today: you smell good! :)

Have fun and be sure to tell us all about your trip! (Sorry I'm not actually answering the question.)

xstitchalanna's Website

Thank you all! I'm taking notes and promise to report back!

I will be in a group, so i'm not sure if I will be able to hit the stores, but i'm taking the information just in case!

Very sorry to report that I could not make it to the perfumes shops in italy.

Only exception was in Siena, where I visited a niche perfume shop that I found quite by accident. Its called Amaranthys and carries Montale, Nasomato, and others. The owner is quite the expert on scents, on its way to become a perfume maker himself. Just don't mention Lucas Turin, ... take my word for it!

Last edited by SandraS (2011-09-15 05:35:58)

Now, this is very timely! Thanks for bumping up this thread SandraS, and I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the majority of the shops. The one you got to visit sounds like a true gem though.

You are welcome Chapeau Clack!

I hope you make the most of the suggestions on this list!

Be prepared from some (a lot) arrogance on SA. I read the hints on the list above but though they were somewhat exagerated. From my experience on other shop in Italy costumer care (like in NYC) is an art unknowned. I guess its the tourist season and they were all stressed.