Topic: Women's Grooming Tips - Shoulds and Shouldn'ts

In response to the topic in Men's Grooming tips. Let's hear it!

I'll start with a comment from my younger brother when I came home for the winter break from college and hadn't shaved my legs or underarms since August: "If that hair is long enough to braid it, you need to shave it!"

And another that should be obvious: deodorant is NOT optional in hot weather.

Last edited by weegee (2011-09-11 15:51:30)

Kitty Weegee has crossed the Rainbow Bridge to heaven. June 12, 1994 - December 30, 2013.  He was a very good boy.

Re: Women's Grooming Tips - Shoulds and Shouldn'ts

Don't pluck your brows into an awkward shape (tadpole brows, anyone?). I knew a girl that had a 90 degree 'edge' instead of an arch, and it really didn't look flattering.

And please, please shave your armpits. Especially if you're working in the catering industry. And wear a tank-top... va

And women's eyebrows can grow uncontrollably long also... don't fool yourself, ladies! Scissors can be your friend.

Get yourself a magnifying mirror. When you think you're more likely to see the witch instead of Snow White is when you need that mirror most.

Not being condescending here... my mirror has tales to tell.

Last edited by dame piglet (2011-09-11 16:39:37)

"Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle and then made me such a stinky warrior?"
- Nacho Libre, 2006

Here's my man impression: "Ladies, enough with the artifice- extensions, makeup, salon treatments, pushup bras..etc. We like natural beauty!" Hahahahahahhahahaha...Now for serious advice...

I once overhead a guy say.."Look if you don't want to shave your legs that fine, or shave...but that in-between stubble phase is not okay."  lol

My own:

Attended to the girl-stache! (beard if you have one) Pluck, bleach, epilate, wax- whatever works best for you.

Same for men- don't over groom brows. Nothing is nastier than 'sperm brows'. Distracting and repulsive on the prettiest of girls.

I find talon nails gross, but whatever length, keep them clean.

Oddly enough, my "must-do" or not do, grooming advice is pretty much the same as for the men.

Chipped nail polish is never nice, either remove, or re-paint.

Don't wear your wet bathing suit to walmart. No one wants to see that much of you when they are trying to buy food.

Don't tan till you look like a pumpkin. Looking that orange makes me think your liver is failing.

Don't wear skirts or shorts when you haven't shaved in a week. The cave girl look is out.

xstitchalanna's Website

Oh and please please please wear a bra with a white shirt

xstitchalanna's Website

Dress with fashions appropriate to your age !

Radiate an air of freshness.

Sit in the train with the legs neatly arranged, and no shopping bag between them.

If you chew gum, do it discreetly.

JR topic Help http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=76582
CL topic Help http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=76398

NEVER expose: Old, chipped nail polish on toe nails. Long toe nails. French manicure on toe nails. (am I neurotic about toe nails? hmm)

Once a week when I take my daughter to riding lessons I see a woman with - well, not exactly a beard, it's moustache and chin - what we call a "toilet seat" here in Denmark - 1½ cm long, black, and pretty thick. That is over the top for me  usch .

Last edited by EK (2011-09-12 05:33:11)

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Oh, and VERY tight tops if your muffin tops are hanging down your thighs. Dress appropriate to your body type, everyone can look great no matter the figure.

Last edited by EK (2011-09-12 03:30:25)

xstitchalanna wrote:

BONJOUR.But it has to be white,otherwise the result is the same!

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website

nikosculpture wrote:
xstitchalanna wrote:

BONJOUR.But it has to be white,otherwise the result is the same!

I have to disagree on this, Niko. A skin-colored/powder bra is better, since a white bra under a white shirt will be very visible unless the shirt is very thick. And that is not always charming..

Last edited by EK (2011-09-12 05:31:42)

BONJOUR.OK,then,as long as it is not black!

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website

Or red.

This may be more "style" than grooming, but ladies, please...

PLEASE don't wear thong/g-string or (worse still) no underwear under light weight fabric skirts/dresses in public!!!!!!!!!  88

I don't care HOW good your body is, NO ONE can escape the evil "crack creep", or as I call it, "hungry, hungry butt crack"; you know... when it looks like your buns are trying to eat your skirt?! How can that POSSIBLY be comfortable?  usch

Last edited by dame piglet (2011-09-12 12:32:33)

"Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle and then made me such a stinky warrior?"
- Nacho Libre, 2006

too much fake tan!  makes you look orange :-S  its odd, not sexy imo

Agreed with everything here. 1) Muffin top. Buy clothes that fit and aren't digging into you and making you spill over in odd places. 2) This is a personal preference, and very much for my age group, but PJs belong in your home, not in public. Just throw on some jeans, not too difficult. 3) Already said, but majorly orange fake tans are not pretty in the least.

dame piglet wrote:

I don't care HOW good your body is, NO ONE can escape the evil "crack creep", or as I call it, "hungry, hungry butt crack"; you know... when it looks like your buns are trying to eat your skirt?! How can that POSSIBLY be comfortable?  usch

LOL!!!

dame piglet wrote:

PLEASE don't wear thong/g-string or (worse still) no underwear under light weight fabric skirts/dresses in public!!!!!!!!!  88

omg! i just LOL. i have seen younger girls actually come to work with a thong on under a scrub suit. when they bend over you can see the top of it in the shape of a V. it looks like they have some kind of sling for their ass under their uniform. lol so tacky.

so i guess my monkey pj pants with uggs is out for the grocery store, huh?http://fimgs.net/smilies/reta.gif

"my sunshine doesn't come from the skies; it comes from the love in my dogs' eyes."
-unknown

boardbat wrote:

so i guess my monkey pj pants with uggs is out for the grocery store, huh?http://fimgs.net/smilies/reta.gif

...awkward moment. I'll make an exception for your monkey pants. xD

it looks like they have some kind of sling for their ass under their uniform. lol so tacky.

LOL!! yes yes yes!!!

boardbat, as long as your butt isn't chewing up your pj pants, it's all good with me.

- Nacho Libre, 2006

boardbat wrote:
omg! i just LOL. i have seen younger girls actually come to work with a thong on under a scrub suit. when they bend over you can see the top of it in the shape of a V. it looks like they have some kind of sling for their ass under their uniform. lol so tacky.

Funny that you mentioned scrubs as I might soon be wearing them at my next job and I actually thought about buying some granny panties to wear under them for the very reason you've cited!

And I'll bet you look cute as a button in your monkey pj pants and uggs. rodna Just make sure your hair doesn't look as if you've stuck your finger in a light socket and you'll be fine, sweetie.  I think of the grocery store as a "neutral zone" with no dress code except cleanliness, unless you're still looking to meet the love of your life, in which case cleanliness alone won't cut it.

Kitty Weegee has crossed the Rainbow Bridge to heaven. June 12, 1994 - December 30, 2013.  He was a very good boy.

dame piglet wrote:

I've always called that particular phenomenon "attack of the angry underwear"

i am literally LOL at your posts!

so its a go with the monkeys? YaY!  tummenupp

"my sunshine doesn't come from the skies; it comes from the love in my dogs' eyes."
-unknown

boardbat wrote:
dame piglet wrote:

I saw several STNAs wear those! It's like heavens, you are bending over half the day as part of your job!!!

offtopic I call thongs perma-wedgies

Last edited by xstitchalanna (2011-09-12 16:45:17)

xstitchalanna's Website

nikosculpture wrote:

BONJOUR.OK,then,as long as it is not black!

Well, some of my friends (male & female) think black bra under white shirt is sexy  tongue

[ Hey, are you OK? You look pretty low Very handsome awkward Do you feel OK? ]
:: PrettyHandsomeAwkward ::

Scarlet.Anemone's Website