Topic: Where to you keep or display your perfumes

I like to look at mine so they were in the bedroom on the dresser. The problem is my one dog has an auto immune disorder ( Cutainious histio cytosis ) and terrible allergies. His allergies are to Cedar, Grasses, dust mites. I have the mattress protecter covers and change the bedding as well as clean often. The problem since a dogs nose is so sensitive I figured the perfumes might be posing a problem for him. He wakes up with this snotty nose sound, from the histio bump on top of his nose and inside probably. By lunch time he sounds okay, but still can't get rid of the bumps. He is also on allergy shots and this is controlling some of recurrence of these bumps, but not totally gone. So I desided to move all my perfumes from the room clean it again and air it out, which right now it is about 40 degrees in there with the ceiling fan going and the windows open.

Where else is a good place to display and have easy access to my perfumes? Right now they are in the hall closet on the top shelf, but it is sad i can't look at them.

Last edited by Rizack2 (2011-11-17 10:24:42)

Nothing smells better then a freshly bathed Sheltie!

Re: Where to you keep or display your perfumes

BONJOUR.You could buy a small vitrine!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlBVfRFpCH5g3yx3FDTuPVdHbAKzriabKmCny3buEEpHud9qcuNQ

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website

nikosculpture wrote:

BONJOUR.You could buy a small vitrine!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlBVfRFpCH5g3yx3FDTuPVdHbAKzriabKmCny3buEEpHud9qcuNQ

That's a good idea but I wonder if they keep the oders locked in. I have a tall one in my hallway just outside the bedroom but the doors are always sticking. I would hate to go into that every day! So If I could find one to fit in the bedroom that would be nice but it would have to be sealed enough to lock in the oders.

The one in the hallway looks like this and the door stick and are hard to open i fear the perfumes would crash all the time.

http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/0900631b81cc54ddM.TIF?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp

Last edited by Rizack2 (2011-11-16 13:52:22)

I had special shelves built in to my large closet where they are nice and dark and cool.

Wow, nikosculpture, I love your display!

"The supreme happiness of life the conviction that we are loved."

Anyways, my usual ones and most used stay on my dresser in front of the vanity in the bedroom. The rest, 3 big boxes, sit under the bed, still in the bedroom, because it's cool and dark there... when I need them I just slide one, or all 3 boxes, out from under the bed.

So mine are arranged in terms of functionality, not beauty.... even my miroir collection perfumes, which have such gorgeous mirror boxes, sit under the bed in the big boxes, simply because there isn't enough space to display them.

http://rk.pbimgs.com/pbimgs/rk/images/dp/wcm/201139/0010/img61o.jpg 

We have one of these from Pottery Barn. They're called modular floor storage, in the bathroom storage section, but we keep ours in the bedroom. We bought 3 of the cubes, with the top-most of them being the glass door with a shelf inside. That's where I keep my bottles. Didn't buy it with that purpose in mind, but it turned out to be perfect. It's at just the right height for me too (5'4").

Oh I should mention, that our bedroom faces north with the windows shaded all day by a couple of oak trees, and the storage unit is up against the wall with the windows, facing away from the windows -- so the perfumes receive little-no light.  I couldn't have planned it better.

Last edited by tigerhearted (2011-11-16 18:33:57)

I don't have many bottles, so I just place them on top of my dresser.

Last edited by thaocrockett (2011-11-16 18:32:56)

Simple yet complicated.

Happyme2009 wrote:

Wow, nikosculpture, I love your display!

BONJOUR.What do you mean when you say display?

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website

BONJOUR.You are sure she meant that?She might have meant something else.

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website

I keep them in a shoebox under my bed. It's easy access. I only have "out" the one that I currently use, once the bottle is finished I put it back in the box and  take out one I have yet to wear regularly.

But if you wanted a different place if there's room in your kitchen cabinets perhaps? I know that sounds weird but I don't think that it would affect your dog there.

chanelnumerocinq wrote:

But if you wanted a different place if there's room in your kitchen cabinets perhaps? I know that sounds weird but I don't think that it would affect your dog there.

Those cabinettes are jam packed with kitcheny stuff.  I like Nikos idea,maybe with a bookshelf on the bottom.  I have to wait a couple of weeks to see if it makes a difference.  If it doesn't then i'll just bring them all back in the room.  If he improves then I'll look to find something to seal them behind glass, then I won't have to dust as much too.

tigerhearted wrote:

http://rk.pbimgs.com/pbimgs/rk/images/dp/wcm/201139/0010/img61o.jpg 

We have one of these from Pottery Barn. They're called modular floor storage, in the bathroom storage section, but we keep ours in the bedroom. We bought 3 of the cubes, with the top-most of them being the glass door with a shelf inside. That's where I keep my bottles. Didn't buy it with that purpose in mind, but it turned out to be perfect. It's at just the right height for me too (5'4").

Oh I should mention, that our bedroom faces north with the windows shaded all day by a couple of oak trees, and the storage unit is up against the wall with the windows, facing away from the windows -- so the perfumes receive little-no light. I couldn't have planned it better.

This is another great idea.  we have one of those stores near me.  I wonder if you could test it for me by spraying perfume inside then wait a bit to see if you can smell it outside of the cabinette when it is closed?

I display mine in a bookcase my little office where I don't open the blinds.

Some shelves have books, one has teapots and the other one has my fumes. I am about to need a second shelve for my fragrances...will have to make some room!

Bookcases are cheap and they work great. glad

I am not picky, just discerning.

I have a lined top dresser drawer where I keep mine. It's dark, cool, and easy access. You can't smell them till you open that drawer. Felt liner is great and keeps moisture out.

I also have a friend who stores his in a refrigerated clear front glass wine cooler. Looks absolutely great, esp. when lit.

Also, I have seen small curio cabinets mounted on wall or on top of dresser with cologne displayed in them. They seal up nicely, look great and easy access.

http://www.curiocabinetcorner.com/imagessmall/Plantation-Cherry-Wall-Curio-Cabinet.jpg http://www.shopantiquefurniture.com/img/dyn/make_tn_hm.asp?Img=11806.jpg&x=200&y=200

Last edited by cdaleb73110 (2011-11-16 22:22:26)

My husband is very handy with wood, and I would love to have this wall shelf unit made.

http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/95/34/perfume,shelf,bathroom,decoration,house,organiztion,ideas-9534b2ea900e1df9ff52956e303b4f5c_h.jpg

nikosculpture wrote:

Actually... I meant that I loved the way you display your perfumes, in your avatar, as well as your suggestion with the vitrine.

Last edited by Happyme2009 (2011-11-17 01:20:58)

thaocrockett wrote:

I don't have many bottles, so I just place them on top of my dresser.

same here

On doit respirer une femme avant même de l' avoir vue

Hi
I have found it best to store mine in armoire's. It protects them from light.

I display my  most miniatures.....my best sets sets of minis i keep them in boxes in my closets ......so i do with big bottles(300) ,most have their boxes in my closets ...

around 50 bottles of perfumes that i use frequently ,i have in 3 shelves in my book case along with my books glad

WELCOME TO www.fragrantica.gr

*sophi*'s Website

All my perfumes are stored in a book case placed in a colder part of the house, this room is also much darker than the rest. Some old scents without boxes I keep in baskets covered with some dark fabric.

Would love to have a nicer display but this is not possible at the moment.

nikosculpture wrote:

What a delightful vitrine! I'd like to know where I could buy one; it is gorgeous!

Last edited by Denoula (2011-11-17 04:46:19)

Don't make someone your priority while you remain their option.
The Proof of the Pudding is in the Eating.

Oh oh, fist night not sleeping in the room with perfumes he sounds a bit better this morning, and not as snotty sounding.  I didn't even put any on before bed either,I hope he slept better too!  I might have to look around for something and not spray in the room as well as wear perfume to bed.

BONJOUR.Denoula,if you go to a store where they sell couches,furniture for kitchen,etc you would find a vitrine.

Carpe Diem.

nikosculpture's Website