Topic: Alternative use of perfume

putting 2 drops in the iron cup to perfume the clothes

i love gourmand and spicy scents . i wish to exchange samples also to discover perfumes that aren't sold in my country

Re: Alternative use of perfume

Spraying on small cotton kisses to be kept in the wardrobe!

Sometimes I use perfumes that I don't want to wear as room sprays.

"Love isn't brains, children. It's blood. It's blood screaming inside you to work its will." (Spike - BtVS)

Spray or drop onto a cotton ball and into the vacuum cleaner, it makes the whole house smell amazing for hours after vacuuming.

spraying in your bathtub

"I can resist everything except temptation" (Oscar Wilde)

What I don't like any more is used up as room spray.

The best perfumes are too good to use for anything else.

JR topic Help http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=76582
CL topic Help http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=76398

sofababe wrote:

Spray or drop onto a cotton ball and into the vacuum cleaner, it makes the whole house smell amazing for hours after vacuuming.

Hey sofababe, please clarify: where do you recommend spraying the perfume to be dispersed by the vacuum?

hjarta

In case no one has told you yet today: you smell good! :)

Spraying on my bedlinen

Eos - I don't use the trick myself, but you can buy some little 'scent sticks' for the vacuumer in every supermarket. You're just supposed to vacuum them up into the bag and when you go on vacuuming, the scent spreads. I'm sure you can do the same with a perfumed cotton ball.

Last edited by EK (2012-02-10 15:08:56)

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Oh, I just hought of alternative use - maybe not that alternative, but still:

Long ago - when I was a child, only older women still did it - it was quite common to spray perfume onto the lining of your purse. They did that just as much as the trick with the scented handkerchief. I remember the whiff that came out every time an elderly lady opened her handbag  smile

I agree with Starlight_Angel....I use the perfumes I do not want to wear as room spray too!   36

Well besides the obvious it can be effective as a form of mace, well for those of us that carry around spray bottles and spray decants. This is a joke obviously. o.O

Anyway, I use my lesser loved fumes as a car freshener. Lasts longer than a regular car air freshener too.

Love the idea of using perfume in the bath.  superglad

Last edited by mandashell (2012-02-11 12:17:15)

I am sorry for the delay my dears but I will be sending the winning fragrances out soon. A message to all my contest winners. ^_^ XOXO!

EK wrote:

Oh, I just hought of alternative use - maybe not that alternative, but still:

Long ago - when I was a child, only older women still did it - it was quite common to spray perfume onto the lining of your purse. They did that just as much as the trick with the scented handkerchief. I remember the whiff that came out every time an elderly lady opened her handbag  smile

Hi EK

I spray my purse occasionally.
Every time I open it the scent is such a nice experience.

I have also sprayed down furniture with light fragrances hours before company arrives.

Last edited by Fragrance-Magic (2012-02-10 16:26:36)

Spray on curtains that smell last for hours

WELCOME TO www.fragrantica.gr

*sophi*'s Website

*sophi* wrote:

Spray on curtains that smell last for hours

I totally forgot I have done that too. glad

Ah okay - about the elderly ladies and their purses... you must remember, when I was little it was womens' liberation all over with public gatherings of women burning their bras in the streets and such.

So back then it was the older generation who sprayed their purses. The younger generation in general was on a completely different path!

I never meant to say it's 'old lady-ish'  superglad, it was just the way things were.

Ladies these ideas are lovely!! I am going to try all of them.

I keep a bottle of Bath and body spritz and a sex in the city in my toilet as air freshener. its much nicer than Glade.

I am also going to spray cinnamon sticks with L Lolita and put them in my linen cupboard (I was inspired with the pine cones trick)

What a lovely thread.  Well, all except the part about Mandashell using hers as an alternative to mace  tongue

Rule #1   Cardio 
Rule #32  Enjoy the little things.

I might use up a sample and spray my books. Makes studying more pleasant. Actual bottles I only use as perfume, if I don't want it I give it away I'd rather not waste on anything else. But my books smell nice from a couple spray samples when I got the perfumes later on and didn't need the sample anymore :]

What a suggestions !!! I love this topics  tummenupp

I also spray the letters I'm sending to friends and family with some good perfume , spraying it on sheets and envelopes

i love gourmand and spicy scents . i wish to exchange samples also to discover perfumes that aren't sold in my country

Starlight_Angel wrote:

I do this too. I try to freshen up my bed linens with a citrus or light perfume.

Perfumes and sushi are my anti-depressants.

fath1ma wrote:

What a suggestions !!! I love this topics  tummenupp

This is a great topic. One of the perfumes that I cannot wear (but love the name) is  http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.9718.jpg Diane von Furstenberg Tatiana

I found out that it smells great on fabric after 30 minutes after application... I will probably spray the towels with it... and (as someone had advised) I will spray the curtains... I will let you know how that went. Thank you ladies for your suggestions.

nursechloe wrote:
Starlight_Angel wrote:

I do this too. I try to freshen up my bed linens with a citrus or light perfume.

I find vintage http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.371.jpg Clinique Aromatics Elixir  is a GREAT room spray.

as well as vintage AVON.

I've been thinking - when you scent your clothes/closets/drawers as amny of you do - doesn't the smell of your clothes clash if you use a different perfume? I'd think so, that's why I don't do it.