Topic: Vintage Dior Poison

What should I be concerned when buying a vintage bottle of http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.218.jpg Dior Poison (not a spray one).

Thank you all  27

Simple yet complicated.

Re: Vintage Dior Poison

Hi Thaocrockett:

That is a tough one.

Many people have found the old packaging at RiteAid drugstores.

I would start there rather than look for used.

It is just safer.

GOOD LUCK

thaocrockett wrote:

What should I be concerned when buying a vintage bottle of http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.218.jpg  Dior Poison (not a spray one).

Thank you all  27

the first concern is that your poison is original and not a fake...if you buy it in a big store ,it will be fine  ...

WELCOME TO www.fragrantica.gr

*sophi*'s Website

This is stated as an eau de cologne, 1.7ml. It comes in a package along with a lotion and a purse spray. I wish I could fine a way to copy the picture. The bottle is oval shaped, splash style. Is sold AS IS.

Maybe it's too risky. I might pass.

Simple yet complicated.

there is a bunch of fake Dior's on ebay jasminehead ....it's the most replicated label on ebay...first comes tendre poison of aLL the poisons ...

you do good thaocrockett to pass it by...EDC vintage ...hmmm i know edt poison....cologne splash...i really don't know!

*sophi*'s Website

Jaminehead ...i wouldn't take any chance to get a fake from ebay...that'  s my opinion...

and that' s ends  my answer to the topic!!!

and do you know that the postage for posting back and forth something on ebay it's on your loss??I wouldn't loose my time either....it's valuable glad

*sophi*'s Website

........ a splash bottle is easy to refill with any juice you want ......

.....going on a shop you see and smell what you get...:)

*sophi*'s Website

I am not good at spotting fakes. Plus, I am more concerned about the juice turning bad since it's a splash bottle.

Last time, I got a splash bottle of Poison, edt from an estate sale. I just had a sniff before paying for it because many people seemed to be interested wink. When I came home and checked, the smell was still nice but the juice was VERY dark, almost prune juice color. I didn't dare putting it on my skin. My grandmother wanted it. Now since she had another favorite scent and gave the bottle back to me with a little juice left. I am still having it sit in the curio.

I'll keep the bottle but spare the juice.

This new auction of the Poison eau de cologne is even riskier to me because it's online. I'll pass.

Simple yet complicated.

Yes, "Poison" liquid does share the bottle's colour, don't worry about it.
It is just a colour. Could be pink like Coco Mademoiselle.
Also, I wouldn't worry for old perfumes carry in abundance chemicals that are now restricted ("Poison" is notorious about that).
Millions of women have consumed so much of it and never any problem was reported back as far as I know.

However, from experience I can tell you that a vintage "Poison" wouldn't be in a mint condition. This perfume does go off!

Last edited by ION (2012-02-13 20:23:05)

facebook.com/ion.portraits
ionportraits.gr

ION's Website

I recently bought a vintage edc Poison in the oval bottle, still in its box. From a thrift store. It still smells great!

I have recently found really old samsara and 2000 year poison at rite aid.

The question i couldnt answer for myself in all my looking was whether 2000 is old enough. When it was reformulated is secret, i think??

Here are some hints on what an old bottle looks like as far as i know.Hope it helps!!

The new round pumpkin shape bottle is not vintage. Older bottles were ovalish with flatter front and back faces (not flat, but not roly poly round like now)- the box is a lighter green with a moiré pattern and the oval on the face of the box is black ringed in gold and says poison and Christian Dior (new just says Dior).

The bottle will have an etched code in the bottom back - very faint. From what i read, pre year 2000 the code was 5 digits-- and since 2000 is just 4. I am just repeating what i read -and it seems to match my old Dune bottle (old 5 code) vs the mid 2000 bottles which are just 4.

I don't know for sure and wish someone with a 1986 bottle could verify wether CD is engraved on the top of the sprayer nozzle. It is on new ones.

I recall when i got a bottle in 1986 that it was a hexagonal shaped box. Tho, unless the code on the bottom of any box with your bottle are the same code as on your bottle, it is a fake. A pristine box 20 years later is a purple squirrel! ( anyway- They have been counterfeiting these for years and those old counterfeit bottles are able to be resold too.) but You can easily verify if it has a matched pair of batch codes (bottle and box) tho and that info is key.

I finally decided that unless i find someone who is 44+ and willing to sell her bottle, i'd just wear the new until i can find really truly vintage stuff.

I have the new now--The new poison doesnt feel like an imposter fragrance. Although I sometimes think it is missing something it had in the 80's -- some heart note that is more soothing- i dont know. i know my obsession is vintage and i find it hard to relate to too even more.

((We are surrounded by so much fragrance noise (shampoo, soap, laundry, deoderant etc) which changes like fashion that we can't really ever smell perfume without it being a little subjective.))

As far as Ebay and second hand. Goodwill has fakes (people ditch fake bottles more than real, right?) i also think there are massive amounts of fakes and watered down problem bottles on ebay, but even so- I have had good luck buying vintage on ebay (knock on wood- hope i didnt jinx myself now!)..but it takes weeks of watching and asking for lots of photos, asking about the codes, compare old ad photos to theirs. Fakes never bother to get back to you, or give excuses. But still, It's almost impossible to spot subtle sprayer and neck differences without a genuine article or puctures to compare to. If it's fake- you have to accept you gambled. (Tho, you might not even realize it) But then again- sometimes 20 bucks will get you a winner!!!

The bottle i also owned in college was a smaller spray- so there were both spray and splash?

ps- if you are looking at your bottle worried you cant find the codes-- they are incredibly faint. On the boxes too- it's almost punched in with a needle, not ink so you have to have good light and turn them about till you find them. A magnifying glass would help.

Last edited by Lolalemon (2012-02-16 05:45:52)

Thanks for your information, Lolalemon  10

My mom still has the Tendre bottle she got in late 1990s or early 2000s. The smell is very feminine and lovely, soft and flowery.

Simple yet complicated.

Dear Lolalemon,

Your information are very helpful to check or find the vintage one.

Thank you .

I am mad about perfume.

:s25:Your welcome!

Thaocrocket- does your mom's tender bottle have a sprayer?  If it does can you  inform me if it has CD on top, where you press.

Thank you so much

Lolalemon: my mom's is n Vietnam right now and will be back next Sat. I'll check and let you know.

Simple yet complicated.