Topic: How to mix perfumes?

Hi everybody

I want to mix my perfumes and experience new scents. I mean, should I spray two perfumes on one spot (for example my neck) or I should mix them another way?

How should I do this?

Success feels good... To be successful feels better...
To be "THE ONE" feels the best... I am "THE ONE"...

Re: How to mix perfumes?

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.8130.jpg Lush Vanillary 

I layer this with several, including Bleu, The one and Hypnotic Poison. I spray or rub the solid first and then spray the other right over the top. I wear these fumes for me, so I like to smell them together glad

i would spray two perfumes on one spot glad

Pierina wrote:

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.8130.jpg  Lush Vanillary

I layer this with several, including Bleu, The one and Hypnotic Poison. I spray or rub the solid first and then spray the other right over the top. I wear these fumes for me, so I like to smell them together  glad

Ok, thanks Pierina

nowheregal wrote:

i would spray two perfumes on one spot  glad

OK, thank you.

Do you wait some minutes before spray the second perfume or you spray them together?

What about other Fragranticans?

Really no one here mixes perfumes together?!

I spray a "base fragrance" on more spots (wrists and neck usually) and after a minute I spray the other on the same spots (if the second frag is very intense I tend to spray only on wrists and only touch my neck with them without spraying directly). The most important thing to me is to choose the base, it should me a one-note fragrance or one with a simple formula (usually vanilla-centered fragrances as they seem to go well with most of my perfumes).. I'm still not that good in mixing totally different scents, so I stick to what I think is easier  wink

Last edited by DarkViolet (2012-05-10 17:25:04)

Look in the water, tell me what do you see
Reflections of the love you give to me

Usually I mix them on one spot. Bot sometimes just spray it near on my neck, or one perfume on the neck and another on  the hand..

Perfume is an art

I had a bottle of this Northshore cologne; which was extremely salty. Kind of a budget buy Acqua di Gio. Well it was too harsh for my nose, so I mixed it with Tim McGraw Original- which was way to sweet and boozy. The result was a sweet tropical smell much like Hollister Socal, plus I got rid of two bottles so I can make room for more glad

I'm really new to the layering/mixing thing. Part of it is that I don't care to fuss, and the other is I can't of stubbornly feel it wrong, redundant, or something. (Really no logical reason.) BUT I have layered two favorites together recently and love it. Been wearing the combo for the last two weeks straight!

I just mist (spray from a distance) one over the other. Same areas. No long wait as I spritz before I dress in the morning; just a matter of seconds.

However, because I'm new to it - and still don't care to fuss, I keep it simple. I've always applied in the same order. One layer (the base) goes on first, then the other fragrance second, or 'on top'.

Last edited by raraavis (2012-05-10 20:16:26)

I mix sometimes. I will identify two perfumes that I think complement each other like Hugo Boss Bottled Night and Carolina Herrera 212 Men. I spray the 212 under my armpits, on my chest, biceps and the folds of my arms. Then I get dressed. I will then spray the Hugo on my neck, behind ears and on my wrists. The two fragrances blend with each other perfectly.

I only do this now and again, not every day. I do this with caution as I don’t want to end up with a mess from too many notes projecting at once.

Last edited by waine (2012-05-11 07:25:20)

You're only here for a short visit.  Don't hurry, don’t worry.  And be sure to smell the flowers along the way. ~ Walter Hagan

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.1425.jpg Rochas Aquaman http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.12306.jpg Hugo Boss Boss In Motion Orange Made For Summer

Mix them.Just awesome!

Thanks everybody. I will try all your suggested ways of mixing.