Re: Alkemia Perfume Oils

Ok y'all, I'm diving in.  47 I'm going to order 10 samples and I'd like some opinions on what I've picked out.

I love white florals, tropical/beachy scents,vanilla, incense, and spice. Take a look at what I've picked out and let me know what you think:

Smoke & Mirrors

La Sirena

Incendere

Blessed Bee

L'encens a la Vanille

Midnight Garden

Pumpkin Strumpet

Cidre de Autumn

Vanille Tropical

Sandscape

Feel free to make recommendations based on my likes. Do you see any I should skip and try something else instead?

Thanks everyone!

The perfumes on my "had" list are available for swap! PM me for details :)

summerof66 wrote:

Ok y'all, I'm diving in.  47 I'm going to order 10 samples and I'd like some opinions on what I've picked out.

I love white florals, tropical/beachy scents,vanilla, incense, and spice. Take a look at what I've picked out and let me know what you think:

Smoke & Mirrors

La Sirena

Incendere

Blessed Bee

L'encens a la Vanille

Midnight Garden

Pumpkin Strumpet

Cidre de Autumn

Vanille Tropical

Sandscape

Feel free to make recommendations based on my likes. Do you see any I should skip and try something else instead?

Thanks everyone!

I ordered 5 samples last week and I just ordered 10 more. I loved l'Encens a la Vanille--kind of like vanilla meets head shop, but not too over the top with the incense. Smoke & Mirrors just smelled like a vanilla scented campfire on me--but others have had such luck with it!

I got the Ambre I and she gave me Aphrodesia as a freebie...those two both have the silk road/eastern spices and I found them overpowering...kind of like a head shop meets the bulk spice section of a health food store. Totally in love with Vanille Vert, starts out with grass and dries down to a simple sweet vanilla. Grasslands is quite floral--I'm still pondering that one.

Excited for my next ones: Vert Sur le Vert, Moss Maiden, Wing of Bat, Arabesque, Tronada, Miel de Sauvage et Tabac, Moroccan Tea, Prairie 66, Patchouli Cacao, and Gaea. And I requested Burning Roses as one of my freebies.  65

So I got my batch of samples today.

I started with

Autumn

and Falling Stars at Winter Solstice

Both interesting and beautiful, but I wonder how they 'wear' outside, I cannot imagine Falling stars on a street, but I will definitely give it a go. It is an enchanting fragrance, so well blended, and does smell of something smoky and dry woods and a wooden cottage and a fireplace in the middle of it.

Autumn is really nice and smoky, but I need more time to test it.

I'm trying out Trick or Treat today. Omg, it smells yummy! *w*

Up to heaven, went away.

Nenalata's Website

Migotka wrote:

So I got my batch of samples today.

I started with

Autumn

and Falling Stars at Winter Solstice

Both interesting and beautiful, but I wonder how they 'wear' outside, I cannot imagine Falling stars on a street, but I will definitely give it a go. It is an enchanting fragrance, so well blended, and does smell of something smoky and dry woods and a wooden cottage and a fireplace in the middle of it.

Autumn is really nice and smoky, but I need more time to test it.

I love Falling Stars and wear it a lot during colder weather.  If it makes any sense at all, it seems to get warmer on my skin the colder it gets outside.  I would not be afraid to wear it at all.  It becomes very woodsy and a little smoky.  One of my faves!

Very cool morning here in NYC, so the perfect time to break out some autumn samples.  Today I am wearing Ambre II: Terrae.  If you like patchouli scents, this one is a must try.

BooRad0859 wrote:

Very cool morning here in NYC, so the perfect time to break out some autumn samples. Today I am wearing Ambre II: Terrae. If you like patchouli scents, this one is a must try.

I wish it was getting cooler here, I am still enjoying my summer scents though.

I am so blessed!!!

Today I am wearing Silvern layered with Tronada, perfect for my rainy desert day!  Sighhhhhhhhhhh...

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else." Margaret Mead

Oh My god I just got a big sample pack With 12 samples wink

im so trilled to finaly have it..

The one i am most interested in and first on skin to try

is

Falling stars at Winter Solistice
so low, you can almost touch it. Catch your breath. Make a wish.

Aromatic balsam needles, a dab of dark musk,
sweet myrrh, incense resins, melted snow,
and a touch of cabin woodstove smoke.

Oh GOD i love this on . just the warm incensy Fir i wanted glad sight , the balmyness , the dark warmth. the earthy enchanting aspect of this . I cant prais this enough. i simpy love it glad

It is just as described . Melted snow . sweet incense.. all that jummy treat a cosy evening in the woodlands have to bid on . LOVE

And:

Autumn

Sun warmed fallen leaves, golden sunlit amber,
light wool warmed with skin musk...

“There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir,
We must rise and follow her; When from every hill of flame,
She calls and calls each vagabond by name” - William Bliss Carman

Warm comforting slightly sweet, almost a bit  like fresh clouds out of the washing machin. warm clean smelling ,

Not my type of perfume , but realy Nice

Im so happy i jumped in to test this line . i will be doing some more testing and enjoying later on wink

Be the change you want to see in the world <3

Finishing up my sample of Antares today.

Today...  Moss Maiden with a whisper of Smoke & Mirrors.  http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu329/ThresholdsDream/Emoticons/swooner_zps81e1c4fd.gif

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else." Margaret Mead

bubububzy wrote:

Finally, after reading all your lovely comments I decided to order 10 samples.

1.trick or treat
2.Arabesque
3.Moon Goddess
4.Smoke & Mirrors
5.Vanille Amour
6.Miel de Sauvage et Tabac
7.Ambre I: Ardere
8.Belle Époque
9.Hex
10.Pumpkin Strumpet

So look forward to testing them out.

Got my samples and received Vixen and Ghost Fire as extras.  27

So far:

I Love- Vixen, Hex, Pumpkin Strumpet and Moon Goddess.  29

Thought Miel de Sauvage et Tabac was tad bit strong on me, and I couldn't get myself to like that tobacco note. (Unfortunately it was leaking and the whole package smelt of tobacco :( ).

Last edited by bubububzy (2013-09-10 17:50:11)

Is anybody familiar with the VANILLE VERT or the SANDSCAPE perfume oils?

I need your comments cause I am thinking of ordering.

WhiteCity wrote:

I have a sample of Vanille Vert. It goes on very, very grassy, a sweet mellow grass smell with a hint of vanilla. The one time I wore it by itself I put it on in late afternoon and several hours later during dinner I was getting wafts of very sweet vanilla, but not much else. If I smelled my skin directly it was still just a vanilla scent--a nice one.

I loved it, because I love grass scents and I LOVE vanilla scents, but the grass in this one was more interesting to me than the vanilla so I was wanting it to last longer. That said, I will probably order a full-size bottle of it.

I ordered Vert sur la Vert and it has similar top notes to Vanille Vert but I haven't tested the drydown yet. I'm planning to layer it with Vanille Vert.

Thanks faubel!! I am not a big fan of vanilla, I was mostly qurious about the twisted green in this.So, when you have an opinion for the vert sur le vert, plese do share it with me!

WhiteCity wrote:

Thanks faubel!! I am not a big fan of vanilla, I was mostly qurious about the twisted green in this.So, when you have an opinion for the vert sur le vert, plese do share it with me!

It is a hot, humid day here today so a perfect day to test a green scent! And I was having trouble deciding what to wear today. I will get back to you.  smile

WhiteCity wrote:

I have samples of both Vanilla Vert and Vert Sur Le Vert. Vanilla Vert alone is more vanilla than green on me, but the green really comes out to play when I layer it with Farkas. Vert Sur Le Vert is really sharp and green without any sweetness to speak of. Not very grassy, more like fresh, slightly tart, green leaves.

View my collection of indie perfume oils here: https://scentbase.com/LaDomna

LaDomna's Website

WhiteCity wrote:

Sandscape is very beachy.  Makes me think of sand and the ocean, a bit of salty breeze.

swap list: http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=99848

thecatapproves's Website

@La Domna  and @the cat approves

Thank you ladies....I might order the sandscape,not sure for vanille vert...

LaDomna wrote:

I have samples of both Vanilla Vert and Vert Sur Le Vert. Vanilla Vert alone is more vanilla than green on me, but the green really comes out to play when I layer it with Farkas. Vert Sur Le Vert is really sharp and green without any sweetness to speak of. Not very grassy, more like fresh, slightly tart, green leaves.

Funny how things can smell differently to different people! Vert sur le Vert really smells sweet to me right off the bat, not candy sweet, but round, full, luscious green sweet.

After five hours on my skin there is very little projection of the scent--low sillage. It smells to me a little bit of all of these things--sweet, sharp, floral, green, powdery. Pleasant, like the scent of a nearby flower bed carried by the wind.

I like it but I'm bummed about how short the first phase was where it smelled so lush and grassy to me.

faubel wrote:

I like it but I'm bummed about how short the first phase was where it smelled so lush and grassy to me.

You should try the fixative oil.  Some of Sharra's perfumes have natural oils, which rarely last long.  The fixative oil "fixes" that, and also helps with sillage.

Wichapi wrote:
faubel wrote:

You should try the fixative oil. Some of Sharra's perfumes have natural oils, which rarely last long. The fixative oil "fixes" that, and also helps with sillage.

You answered my question before I asked it. Thanks!  glad

Have you tried anything on the home remedy front that helps at all? My budget for September is totally blown.  wink

faubel wrote:

Have you tried anything on the home remedy front that helps at all? My budget for September is totally blown.  wink

^Saturate your perfume areas with an unscented oil prior to application.  That sometimes helps.

Wichapi wrote:
faubel wrote:

^Saturate your perfume areas with an unscented oil prior to application. That sometimes helps.

Will do! Thanks, Wichapi.

I'm wearing Belle Epoque again today. I think it's my favourite. :3 I'd like to try my samples sometime, but I can't pull the tops off them.

Up to heaven, went away.

Nenalata's Website