Re: Alkemia Perfume Oils

Today I am wearing a mystery scent, oh and it's nice! Too bad  24 I have no idea what would be close to it from the regular line. I will say it smells holiday-ish, very spicy  and there has to be cinnamon in the mix, and of course it would have to be beautiful.

I am so blessed!!!

Yesterday I tested the second stage of a new protoype, Mist Becoming Rain. I adore cool, soft aquatic/ozone blends that don't come off smelling like a fragrance for men. This is the scent that one would experience well before the hard freeze of Silvern (a major favorite of mine). So be ready... Winter Is Coming.

I also tested a proto for an all natural, organic amber.  It's very nearly a black amber.  With fixative, it wafts for hours, and without, it has tons of opening sillage, then goes close to the skin and releases potent, surprising puffs throughout the day.

Last edited by Wichapi (2013-11-11 13:30:21)

"I've learned to use the fuel from the heat of burning my bridges."  Kurt Sutter (Creator/Producer 'Sons of Anarchy')

Wichapi wrote:

Yesterday I tested the second stage of a new protoype, Mist Becoming Rain. I adore cool, soft aquatic/ozone blends that don't come off smelling like a fragrance for men.

OMG what a lovely description! I hope she releases Mist Becoming Rain soon! I want it!!

"I want to be magic.” ~ Charles de Lint

The best sillage I found is for Burning Rose, a little story: I accidentally left my car keys in the lunch room at my office, someone turned them in to Personnel, according to the HR director she knew the moment they gave her the keys they were mine, she smelled the Burning Rose scent, is the one I wear to work always.....

Happiness is not something ready made, it comes from your own actions..Dalai Lama

Thank you for your response, guys 30 30

I am looking for a strong chocolate oil - what is the best one that Alkemia offers and do you love it? Oh yeah, I got my custom blend of Les Mysteres yesterday - it is simply AWESOME - Fig heaven!!!!  Sharra recommended layering it with Devil's Dandy which I plan to do soon, and I will report back on how that goes.

I am so blessed!!!

^Sharra may re-release Xocolātl Love... which was a divine bittersweet chocolate.  If not, ask her about it.  I'm sure she'll be able to come up with something for you.

Last edited by Wichapi (2013-11-13 12:33:43)

"I've learned to use the fuel from the heat of burning my bridges."  Kurt Sutter (Creator/Producer 'Sons of Anarchy')

Wichapi wrote:

^Sharra may re-release Xocolātl Love... which was a divine bittersweet chocolate. If not, ask her about it. I'm sure she'll be able to come up with something for you.

I asked her and she said she is planning on releasing it after Thanksgiving!

I am so blessed!!!

Thomasania wrote:
Wichapi wrote:

^Sharra may re-release Xocolātl Love... which was a divine bittersweet chocolate. If not, ask her about it. I'm sure she'll be able to come up with something for you.

I asked her and she said she is planning on releasing it after Thanksgiving!

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu329/ThresholdsDream/Emoticons/chocolate_zps645e03ae.gif

Today I am wearing http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.8925.jpg Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights layered with Tryst of Grey. They both share a bergamot note  that I feel really compliments each other. I also think the ToG sort of tames the patchouil that some find overwhelming in Fancy Nights. I have been wearing this combination for about an hr and so far it is nice. As of today, I haven't found an Alkemia oil that I didn't like to wear alone or layered with another perfume. It is just a matter of finding two scents with complimentary notes. If you have both and are willing to try this combination, please let me know your thoughts.

I am so blessed!!!

has anyone checked out the new Christmas ones yet?

I just bought the special offer gingembre eve oil.

sarahcrowder's Website

sarahcrowder wrote:

I really want Irresistible Perfume and Carmen 7!

I wonder how Gingembre Eve compares to Seduction Gingembre? I've tried the latter and liked it (didn't love it). The price on the former is tempting though, even if they're super similar.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"- Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Liber Vix's Website

Oh that does look good ... Especially for $6

I am so blessed!!!

I'm joining everyone here! Have just ordered 10 samples! Excited to try them!

Mistress of misrule

Hellcat

Incantation vanille

Wildwood

Les mysteres

Burning roses

Vamp

Arabesque

Blackberry noir

Sanguinea

glad

Last edited by Ambience (2013-11-25 00:59:48)

A reflection sometimes exposes more reality than the object it echoes..

Ambience's Website

Ambience wrote:

I'm joining everyone here! Have just ordered 10 samples! Excited to try them!

Mistress of misrule

Hellcat

Incantation vanille

Wildwood

Les mysteres

Burning roses

Vamp

Arabesque

Blackberry noir

Sanguinea

glad

Yay!  applause

"You are never fully dressed without perfume"

lalalovesroses's Website

Arrogant_Cat wrote:
sarahcrowder wrote:

I really want Irresistible Perfume and Carmen 7!

Me too! Iresistible, Carmen 7, Gingembre Eve and Gaea Looking forward to buying some of the new selection!

"You are never fully dressed without perfume"

lalalovesroses's Website

I am wearing Paradise today layered with http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.1608.jpg Hilary Duff With Love  and it is very nice. The coconut note in Paradise brings out and compliments the coconut oil in With Love.  This reminds me of hot summer days during these cold winters days...

Has anyone heard from Wichapi .. ? I havent seen her on this board lately.

I am so blessed!!!

Today I'm wearing Alkemia Persian Tea Room. It really is a nice and spicy scent with monstrous sillage and longevity. Thanks to westernlady for introducing me to them. I want to try them all. Real quality perfume oils.

I do get this wonderful sandalwood note too. Oh yes,it is wonderful.

Last edited by Carnation (2013-11-25 18:08:23)

Seasons come and go but vintages are a joy forever.

Carnation wrote:

Today I'm wearing Alkemia Persian Tea Room. It really is a nice and spicy scent with monstrous sillage and longevity. Thanks to westernlady for introducing me to them. I want to try them all. Real quality perfume oils.

Beware, lol, I find them very addictive! I also think that they wear well by themselves and they layer well with others perfumes.

I am so blessed!!!

I made my own candle perfumed with APO's chocolate -patchouli oil ...the scent reminds me very much of TM's Angel The taste of fragrance ...

WELCOME TO www.fragrantica.gr

*sophi*'s Website

I just had a look at the new ones. I want Carmen 7, Gingembre Eve, and Irresistable. *w*

Up to heaven, went away.

Nenalata's Website

I am slowly working my way through the scent descriptions on Etsy. So far I want the Hippie and most others.

I am surprised and delighted at the quality of these perfumed oils. They don't smell anything like most perfumed oils I have smelled in the past: (ie: like potpourri oils or scented candles). They actually smell like perfume.

Last edited by Carnation (2013-11-25 20:17:22)

Seasons come and go but vintages are a joy forever.

Carnation wrote:

I am slowly working my way through the scent descriptions on Etsy. So far I want the Hippie and most others.

I am surprised and delighted at the quality of these perfumed oils. They don't smell anything like most perfumed oils I have smelled in the past: (ie: like potpourri oils or scented candles). They actually smell like perfume.

i have found that to be true too. If you are ordering samples check out Blue Lotus. It smells divine.

I am so blessed!!!

I just ordered Ghost Fire and Falling Stars on Winter Solstice. Cannot wait to try them!

A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future
                                                             Coco Chanel

Pa.princess's Website