Re: Fragrancenet.com

I prefer Amazon.com. Guaranteed a genuine article, and quick shipping. However, I've purchased two fragrances off Fragrancenet, with no issues, except slower shipping. Both frags were totally legit, albeit nothing special to begin with.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/

I made a order with them, and I'm a bit concerned that they fob you off with the line: "It is in our warehouse, we will work on your order", and that was about a week ago! oh, and they didn't get back to my email about customs concerns/how long it takes etc. 91

so much for the promise that in the U.K it should take only 3-4 working days via royal mail! but at least they have tracking.

Living my life as a "steel magnolia": soft on the outside, strong on the inside.

karlovonamesti wrote:

I prefer Amazon.com. Guaranteed a genuine article, and quick shipping. However, I've purchased two fragrances off Fragrancenet, with no issues, except slower shipping. Both frags were totally legit, albeit nothing special to begin with.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you were only guaranteed to get the genuine thing if it was sold by and shipped by Amazon? I know a lot of the fragrances sold on Amazon are sold by and shipped by places like fragrancenet.com.

Last edited by Hammy01 (2012-08-12 18:37:11)

"I grew up in Kansas, General. About as American as it gets!" - Superman

I'm curious where they shipped the fragrances from?  I ordered one, got it within 2 days, but they shipped it from a few towns away (could be why!!)

I ordered my Alien Taste of Fragrance from Amazon but it came from Fragrancenet.com..I have ordered from Fragrancenet before and had no problems...but this time when I opened my package (it only took a few days) it was sealed with cellophane and when I opened it and then the box, my product code had been cut out of the Alien...It was half price so I am trying to decide how I feel about it...do I send it back and buy it full price to get a product code or just deal with it for half the price. Decisions, decisions.

Obviously it was opened and resealed because code was cut out  roll

Last edited by cacraine (2012-08-12 21:59:35)

cacraine wrote:

I ordered my Alien Taste of Fragrance from Amazon but it came from Fragrancenet.com..I have ordered from Fragrancenet before and had no problems...but this time when I opened my package (it only took a few days) it was sealed with cellophane and when I opened it and then the box, my product code had been cut out of the Alien...It was half price so I am trying to decide how I feel about it...do I send it back and buy it full price to get a product code or just deal with it for half the price. Decisions, decisions.

Yep.  The exact same thing happened to me on the same perfume from fragrancenet.  I will never buy another perfume from them.

http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=39551

I probably got the one you sent back!!

jillhare wrote:
cacraine wrote:

Yep. The exact same thing happened to me on the same perfume from fragrancenet. I will never buy another perfume from them.

Yep, happened to me too.

Give and it shall come back to you Good Measure~Pressed Down~Shaken Together ~Runneth Over You can learn a lot from a dummy.

cacraine wrote:

I probably got the one you sent back!!

I actually decided to keep it.  The same thing happened to a few people here with that perfume.  I was going to return it, but I was afraid they'd charge me a restocking fee since I opened it.  It seemed  more of a hassle than anything.  I will use it because it smells ok, but I'm definitely not ordering from them again.

Conifer lover wrote:
jillhare wrote:
cacraine wrote:

Yep. The exact same thing happened to me on the same perfume from fragrancenet. I will never buy another perfume from them.

Yep, happened to me too.

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good at all. What could it possibly mean?

What gets me is I sent them a lengthy email with a few questions and they didn't bother responding to me. I'm now told it's 'on it's way', but I wonder about the (lack of) customer service.

I live in the U.K. I think I'll stick to www.cheapsmells.com from now on.

Despite the cheesy name, they are actually very good.

Ordered a guerlain idylle package from them and I was very impressed, good value and delivered very swiftly.

Living my life as a "steel magnolia": soft on the outside, strong on the inside.

I got my second shipment from them today.

I placed my order by 10 am Pacific time and they shipped it out the same day. I had it sent "expedited" and it got here in record time.

I'm so happy. So far so good. And the prices make impulse and blind buys that much more tempting and satisfying. I'm a new fan.

glad

Ordered these two from Fragrancenet in May. Package arrived in several days. The bottles were boxed and sealed in cellophane, looked new and smelled genuine, no evidence of tampering. Samples were included with the shipment. No complaints here. I would order from Fragrancenet again.

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.11631.jpg  Givenchy Pi Neo Tropical Paradise

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.721.jpg  Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme

I've also bought perfumes and fragrance gifts online from Sephora and Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon) with good results. Nothing was ever broken. It was all original, boxed, and sealed.

I've ordered 3 times from Fragrancenet and everything went smoothly. It took about 9 or 10 days to ship to Oregon, but I wasn't in a hurry. I do believe their fragrances are genuine. I ordered Dior Addict and it smells great. I even checked the code and it was fine. I also like that they almost always have s 15% discount code which makes the prices even better than they are. It is possible that you will get a perfume that has been sprayed a couple times, but to me it's not a big deal since I save so much by buying from them vs the department store. All my perfumes from them sprayed on the first spray, but they all looked full to me so I didn't really care. I would definitely order from them again.

Also: ScentedMonkey has VERY cheap prices. Same deal as Fragrancenet with the slightly long shipping and the possibility of slightly used perfumes Cheaper prices but no promo codes, so ends up being about the same price. I thought the customer service woman was rude on the phone, but oh well, I got what I wanted! I was sent a perfume that was a reformulation (not the one in the picture) and she argued with me, saying that no perfumes were ever reformulated (yeah right! idiot!) but anyways I asked for a return label and they sent it to me and my 100% refund was issued to my bank account right away so I was pleased.

Swap: http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=93254

To those talking about the code being cut out of Taste of Fragrance, this is common in discount perfume joints (online and in stores like Perfumerama). The same was done to my Alien EDP. They may buy from wholesalers, sell testers, obtain returned perfumes and then repackage them, etc. These kinds of sales are all unauthorized by the manufacturer (many boxes will say something like "for sale by authorized [House Name] retailers only"). Codes may be removed so that the manufacturer can't trace how their perfumes are coming to be sold at a discount by Fragrancenet and the like.

I buy these discounted perfumes with eyes wide open. Things aren't going to be totally on the up and up at 50% off, or department stores wouldn't be able to sell their full-priced fragrances.

All that said, I've purchased from Fragrancenet and have never had any problems whatsoever. I also like Overstock!

Last edited by beaker (2012-08-18 03:40:18)

Updated 10/29 Massive niche & mainstream sample/decant sale: http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=106362

beaker90 wrote:

To those talking about the code being cut out of Taste of Fragrance, this is common in discount perfume joints (online and in stores like Perfumerama). The same was done to my Alien EDP. They may buy from wholesalers, sell testers, obtain returned perfumes and then repackage them, etc. These kinds of sales are all unauthorized by the manufacturer (many boxes will say something like "for sale by authorized [House Name] retailers only"). Codes may be removed so that the manufacturer can't trace how their perfumes are coming to be sold at a discount by Fragrancenet and the like.

I buy these discounted perfumes with eyes wide open. Things aren't going to be totally on the up and up at 50% off, or department stores wouldn't be able to sell their full-priced fragrances.

All that said, I've purchased from Fragrancenet and have never had any problems whatsoever. I also like Overstock!

Omg you're probably right. I never thought of that before! Good call!

I placed my order with them 8/8/12. Still waiting as of 20/08/12. The standard time was supposed to be 4-5 days. I'm getting rather annoyed now  46

beaker90 wrote:

Codes may be removed so that the manufacturer can't trace how their perfumes are coming to be sold at a discount by Fragrancenet and the like.

That doesn't make sense though for Thierry Mugler; the site to enter the codes doesn't ask/trace where you bought it. I bought two TM bottles from FragranceNet with codes and nothing alarming happened. Maybe it's different per manufacturer?  I understand why the codes are being removed-- just kinda sucks that it's not mentioned what condition the fragrances are in the description.

Hayven wrote:
beaker90 wrote:

Codes may be removed so that the manufacturer can't trace how their perfumes are coming to be sold at a discount by Fragrancenet and the like.

That doesn't make sense though for Thierry Mugler; the site to enter the codes doesn't ask/trace where you bought it. I bought two TM bottles from FragranceNet with codes and nothing alarming happened. Maybe it's different per manufacturer? I understand why the codes are being removed-- just kinda sucks that it's not mentioned what condition the fragrances are in the description.

True. Well... maybe the employees are getting greedy then and cutting them out!! lol Who knows

bond_girl1979 wrote:

I placed my order with them 8/8/12. Still waiting as of 20/08/12. The standard time was supposed to be 4-5 days. I'm getting rather annoyed now  46

Not sure about the "standard time" but mine have always taken ~10 days :(

I can't decide what I'm more annoyed about - their false shipping time claims, non-working tracking numbers, or complete ignoring of all your correspondence, concerns and questions.

It's just plain rude if anything else!!!

sweetiepea161616 wrote:
bond_girl1979 wrote:

Not sure about the "standard time" but mine have always taken ~10 days :(

Is the issue with the Post Office or with Fragrancenet? Have they shipped your order from the warehouse yet? If so, then the issue is with the PO. If not, then yes, the issue is with Fragrancenet. If it hasn't shipped from the warehouse, does that mean it was not in stock?

As a rule I now always ship all my perfume purchases "expedited" (2-3 days) so I can track them. It's the only sane thing to do, since the Post Office is soo slow if shipped any other way.

I'm surprised at people saying their tracking numbers don't work and that they make false shipping time claims. That's what I love about the site- they send you email updates about the status of your order once your order is received, once it ships, and once it is delivered (if shipped by a trackable method). I love that you don't even have to log on to the site. If the package is not arriving when you expect, but has left the warehouse, then the issue is with the shipper. I recommend that you choose another shipping speed.

I've ordered from them four times and no problems.  Last time I got in during 15% off and had enough for free shipping.  Problem was that they used FedEx SmartPost, who never bothers to ring my doorbell.  Alas, Yves Rocher is now also using them.

I did get these items:

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.2872.jpg Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Ice Cool Cologne

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.3256.jpg Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Original Eau de Cologne

and the matching soap.

Venus193's Website

I got my Carons through Fragrancenet's Amazon store, along with my Davidoffs and had no issue at all. They were genuine, and in the original packaging and quite fresh.

I have also been using Scented Monkey for about 4 years now, and no issues at all with them. They have usually shipped out within a day. I have also used Big Discount Fragrances for years with no issue. Well, one unboxed bottle wasn't the freshest, but I paid a whopping $1 for it on clearance.  tongue

I bought a load from Scentiments as well, and they were quite good. Never a problem with shipping or customer service but they have so many that are out of stock that I often end up having to go elsewhere. However, their stock that they do have is genuine and fresh.  glad

Some classic feminine frags that are now considered dowdy are dry and interesting enough to make excellent masculine fragrances.

gmmcnair's Website

Scentiments was bad on me. I thought they were great. I made an order, I got the email with an order confirmation and number.

So I waited for more than two weeks and none.

When I talked to their customer service, the cs rep told me that they cannot ship to Canada. Holy Macaroni! What a horrible information.

So I called my Paypal to refund my money. Paypal will investigate.

Now I am thinking of trying out Fragrance.net with 5 bottles to order, still thinking though, as I am weighing all your negative and positive comments. Sigh...

Last edited by Redpula (2012-08-28 01:59:45)

A for Adorable, B your so Beautiful, C is Cologne for you to spray...
S is for Sniffing, T is for Testing, Z is the Zealousness to pay...

Velvet Assassin wrote:
gmmcnair wrote:

I got my Carons through Fragrancenet's Amazon store, along with my Davidoffs and had no issue at all. They were genuine, and in the original packaging and quite fresh.

I have also been using Scented Monkey for about 4 years now, and no issues at all with them. They have usually shipped out within a day. I have also used Big Discount Fragrances for years with no issue. Well, one unboxed bottle wasn't the freshest, but I paid a whopping $1 for it on clearance.  tongue

I bought a load from Scentiments as well, and they were quite good. Never a problem with shipping or customer service but they have so many that are out of stock that I often end up having to go elsewhere. However, their stock that they do have is genuine and fresh.  glad

FragranceNet's Amazon store is also cheaper than buying directly from their online site. I'm not sure why that is because it makes them seem like they're cheating customers that don't know you can buy from them via Amazon, but anyway when I've bought from them via Amazon everything was fresh/new and arrived a week after I placed my order.  tummenupp

Actually, if you use the coupons fragrancenet sends you, the website is cheaper than Amazon in most cases, especially if you purchase over $70 with the free shipping +20% off  glad I have used fragrancenet for 7 of my purchases, even some of my TM LE, and never had a problem. Once 1 of them was unwrapped, but that didn't bother me as the codes were unused as was the bottle. I don't think anywhere is perfect, but in my case I've had all great experiences and called their customer support once to cancel an order because I'd decided to buy something else instead and they were beyond helpful and courteous.

Last edited by Bebette (2012-08-28 03:16:07)

New SWAP list here...