Topic: the best face cream for combination skin for winter

May be anyone could advise?

Tengo la camisa negra
Hoy mi amor esta de luto

Re: the best face cream for combination skin for winter

Hi Solvita, I also have combination skin which is tricky because there is not much really marketed for or available for our skin type.  As you know, you are going to need a heavier moisturizer for winter time to counteract dry skin.  I like to use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion year round, but in winter I layer it on top of Bioelements Moisture X 10, which is a clear moisturizing gel, only on the dry areas.  I also exfoliate once a week with Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion.  This usually keeps the flakes, the oil, and breakouts at bay.  I know it seems like alot of products, but I have found that with combination skin you have to use a variety of stuff.

I like Orjene OliveVitale Age Recovery Night Treatment as it is not too heavy or too light and I believe could be used on just about any skin type (I also like the serum, face wash, body lotion, body wash.....yep it's all good).  I have the combo skin too.

I love Dr.Hauschka totally natural products!
I have combination/sensitive skin, fair with olive tones so anything just show up! I use the Face Oil in summer, Quince Cream when it's not so cold and Light Rose cream in winter. I put some original Rose Cream on my cheekbones when it's very cold. Also Weleda Almond line is beautiful for soothing and protection without too much grease.

quando vien lo sgelo il primo sole è mio, il primo bacio dell’aprile è mio…

http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/lol.png
sometimes writing down is the best way to think!

Hi Solvita,

My skin type is combinaton as well. I personally really like the brand Biother which has face cream designed for different skin types. For the combination type, I would reccomend Daily protective energetic moisturiser - normal to combination skin. The cream is very nourishing for winter but non-greasy.

http://imgh41.strawberrynet.com/images/products/05939776701.jpg

Hey Solvita,

I think you should definetly try The Body Shop Vitamin E skincare range - its definetly for combination skin for all types of weather!

http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/superglad.png

have you tried the KenzoKi cream with ginger extract?
It is really good!

I love the Lumene line from Finland - the serum and day cream are both excellent for my combination skin which breaks out with many skin moisturisers - try it if you can find it! And it's not break-the-bank expensive either !

Belle de Sud

I also have combination skin and I know how difficult it is to find the perfect cream.

The best I've tried so far was Sisley Tropical resins (very expensive but works wonders).

I'm tying out a new Caudalie cream. (Its not up for sale yet, i'm part of a test group) I've started the test today and so far so good...

Jade_Paloma... I love your home made recipies. Are they messy to apply?

What I have found that works best is...
In the shower, I wash with REN Calendula and Arctic Blackcurrant Seed Cleansing Milk. As soon as I get out of the shower, I apply Neroli oil and Hydra Flora cream, both by Decleor.
In the summer I use all REN.

Both brands are all natural.

I also use Weleda Almond Oil Line and it is perfect for combination/sensitive skin in winterhttp://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/smile.png