Topic: I want really strong-scented candles! HELP!

I get frustrated trying to buy candles because I want the scent to fill my room- and it's medium sized kinda room. Is there such a candle?

Re: I want really strong-scented candles! HELP!

The strongest candles i've found and are still currently available are by Circle E Candles (do a google search)  The larger jars have two wicks, which helps.  I particularly like the Gardenia.

if you don't mind spending the money (for me I am queasy about spending on candles but these really changed my mind, they are really worth it), try diptyque especially 34. The good thing is you only have to burn it for a little while and it fills the whole room for the night!

Last edited by kxnaiades (2012-11-04 20:44:02)

"Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie"--Cookie Monster

yup. Archipelago Botanicalals. I bought a 24$ jar candle of their best seller "Stonehenge" um... 7ish years ago? I sometimes light it, sometimes just leave it open and it will scent the room. now, I am FINALLY cutting the bottom 3/4" of wax in the bottom into scentsy sized pieces to get max mileage out of. approximately 7 years I've had that darn jar candle and it will still hit me right in the nose when I open it. they still sell that scent, Havana is yummy too. but, I will be buying more of their Stonehenge scent products. impressed!

"And though pigs can fly, They'll never find me Posing as the night, And I'm home before the morning." -Kate Bush

I've always liked and used Yankee Candels. They have a large variety of scents and they are strong enough to fill a room. Yankee Candels also has the newer style with two wicks to burn more. My most recent purchase was watermelon scent which is mouth watering.  As a bonus, the newer style jar candel with two wicks makes a good storage container for your dresser to hold lipsticks, cotton balls, q-tips or whatever when the candel is finished.

Last edited by Sucarie (2012-11-04 22:24:41)

The only one who will never abandon you is Allah.

#1    i am sure you've tried bath and body works really big candles i find pumpkin and  tropical something patch really strong..

#2  also IKEA a swedish furniture shop has amazingly long lasting candles for really cheap prices my favourite from them is called tindra berries cranberries raspberries

#3  slatkin&co winter candy apple is also nice

#4  another company is actually american from utah its called FOR.EVERY.BODY.at home i tried blackberry tart amazigly long lasting creamy and beautifull i had it 5 years ago and it still smells amazing.www.foreverybody.com

#  5  premium scented candle WILLOW LANE sweet cheries &cinnamon www.candlel-ight.com

try bath and body works they even have 3 wiks so it really fills the room

i some times just add my favourite perfume oil as body shop burner oils to any jar candle and it really smells amazing

good luck glad

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
Isaac Newton

kris143max wrote:

if you don't mind spending the money (for me I am queasy about spending on candles but these really changed my mind, they are really worth it), try diptyque especially 34. The good thing is you only have to burn it for a little while and it fills the whole room for the night!

+1

yes they are amazingly long lasting

Isaac Newton

Thanks guys these are great suggestions! I can't wait to buy new candles.

The BBW oils for the scent difusers are really good too. I have a lot of these that I stock up on when they have sales.

Last edited by Sucarie (2012-11-05 03:35:42)

The only one who will never abandon you is Allah.

I recently found some that I LOVE at TJ Maxx. The brand is some local California brand; I threw away the tag. But I have seen them around at the discount stores lately. If you look, they are frosted glass containers with dark brown lids (some taller and slightly thinner, with two wicks; some are shorter and fatter, with three wicks). The scents I have seen are pear, spiced apple, vanilla bean, and maybe another one. I bought all the vanilla bean candles I could find there--the smell is amazing, and it really scents the room. It's not a cloying vanilla frosting-type smell, more of a true vanilla bean with some woods. The other scents were great, too. Anyway, they are about $8 apiece and great quality.

suhaesa wrote:

#1 i am sure you've tried bath and body works really big candles i find pumpkin and tropical something patch really strong..

+1, Bath & Body Works has some amazing candles, the strongest one that I've tried has been Cranberry Woods (it's by far my favorite scent from them, too) It's big enough to fill the entire (smallish) house. Pumpkin Latte is fairly strong too.

Hands down the best candles are from Gold Canyon. I sell them as a fragrance consultant, but I've always loved candles and I've tried many, many other brands. These really are the best. If you'd like a catalog or the link to my website, feel free to PM me.

Bed, Bath & Beyond has some really good candles. BBW had a candle called Moroccan Woods that is strong. I don't know if it's still available online though.

Hey, I just met you and this crazy...I love perfume, so call me cuckoo!

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.390.jpg Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons 2 they have amazingly long lasting candless i got it as a figt in  gift box with the perfume i am not sure if they sell them individually

also http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.1889.jpg Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio jad a candle that laste 20 years and it still smells amazing i still have the wax and it still smells divine got it from london house of fraser i think or selfridges

i am sure many perfume houses make candles too so just check and you've got bloomingdale they have a section just for candles next to the furniture and home things i dont remember their names but i smelled some pretty nice ones

Isaac Newton

can't forget partylite! favorites of mine, teakwood & cardamom and their "relax" scent of vanilla & lavender is divine! I've kept re buying partylite for six years or so now.. love em! and the wax cleans up easier, also burns at a lower temp so if you have a waxxident it dosnt burn. good stuff.

"And though pigs can fly, They'll never find me Posing as the night, And I'm home before the morning." -Kate Bush

C.O. Bigelow makes some nice strong-smelling candles. I bought the small candle size in Firewood, placed it in my living room, and I could smell it in the kitchen. All but one brick and mortar store has closed, so you would have to "blind buy" from their website.

Life is a road, and I want to keep going; Love is a river I wanna keep flowing.
Life is a road, Now and forever, wonderful journey.

I agree with Archipelago Botanicals. Also, consider Aspen Bay candles. They're the ones they sell at Anthropologie. You can smell them a mile away!

http://aspenbaycandles.com/

Oh my goodness I almost forgot about Hillhouse Naturals! These are amazing!

http://www.hillhousenaturals.com/

I have a medium sized travel candle in Cashmere (my favorite) and it smells up our sizeable bedroom very well. LOVE this stuff.

Happiness is an unattended department store perfume counter, stocked with plenty of paper blotters, testers, and empty drams.

husband brought home a set of Calvin Klein candles this morning. can't remember the scent, white birch, or something woody but they are fantastic! very pretty & minimalist looking.

L'Occitane candles are strong, at least to me they are.

Also try this one:

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.7844.jpg James Heeley Cardinal

This scent comes in a candle.  I could smell the box it came in across the room before I opened it and I had not even lit the candle.  that's strong!!

Please check out my Ebay sales, Hermes, Ineke, niche samples http://www.ebay.com/cln/rebarco/Wonderful-Scents-a-Perfumed-World/60201447019

:] I have so many to try now I'm excited!

IKEA make strong scented and affordable candles.

The vanilla and the apple/cinnamon are my favourites.

ourowncandlecompany.com   Great strong scented candles glad

Laws control the lesser man.  Right conduct controls the greater one.  ~Chinese Proverb

I agree that B&BW's candles are great for the money, but I always buy the 14 oz 3 wicks and they end up being around $7 with coupon and sale.  And B&BW's is back to selling White Barn and Slatkin & Co. side by side.  I haven't noticed a quality difference between the two.  Some of the stronger ones I've tried are:  Winter Candy Apple, French Baguette, Caribbean Escape, Fireside, Deck the Halls, etc.  I also buy tons of the home fragrance oils for my oil warmer, I think I now have over 100!

I have to agree that Yankee candles are over priced for the quality, but the $5 home fragrance oils are nice, I just wish they came in a larger assortment.  The two wick Soho Living line is great because they give an even burn unlike Yankees single wicks.  I bought the Halloween single wicks in Witches Brew and Trick or Treat and they both burned unevenly and didn't put out as much scent as I like.  Jack Frost, SL Silver Snowflake, Balsam, and Creme Brulee are good.

I love to buy candles at Ross, T.J.'s and Marshalls because they have great selection for decent prices.  After I saw how cheap their Yankee candles are I vowed never to buy any from the Yankee candle store again..it's crazy.  They have other brands that burn strong too.

Kmart does have some really nice candles if you like the foody ones like JoshuaRyan pointed out.  My husband bought the York Peppermint Patty version and it smells great.  Walmart has huge Better Homes & Gardens candles for only $5 and I've had great success with those, especially Spice Cake.  Spice Cake was so strong I could smell it upstairs with the door closed.

Perfumes will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.

I didn't buy any White Barn candles from years ago but everything at B&BW goes down in quality yet up in price it seems, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case with candles.  I've been buying Vanilla Bean Noel from them for over five years because I layer it with everything so I've noticed the quality and strength go down as the years pass while no one else seems to notice.  I know what you mean by the diminishing quality.

I sniffed this years Holiday candles by BH&G's and I really like the s'more, campfire, and pumpkin scents.  It seems like they change them up each year.  It looks like they're drawing inspiration from the scents at B&BW which is fine with me!

That is a nice tart warmer, I usually use an electric warmer for the leftover wax from candles.  I'm cheap so I figure it saves me money on tarts.  For the tea light warmers I use oils, I like that oils burn faster so I can change up my scent as often as I like.

Perfumes will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.

I have tried many candles in my time and I believe I found some really good candles from a place called Texas Triple Scented Candles, the candles are different they have a look of crystal to them, and I know they are natural candles. I think they have many of the scents you folks have listed but for me I just really enjoy scents like Creme Brulee, Cinnamon Apple Berry and Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. The BBW peach body spray sounds good.