Topic: Dillards Sale

Is it true that Dillards marks all of their perfume gift sets 50% on New Year's Day?

Re: Dillards Sale

My friend goes to Dillards New Year's day sale every year.  Last year was the first time she saw the fragrance gift sets go on sale for 50% off for that day.

I am hoping they do it again this year!

I can put this to rest since I was there today and talked to the guy behind the counter in the men's section about it.

They did it last year for the first time EVER at Dillard's. They will NOT be doing it this year or any other year in the foreseeable future. They don't want to lose their sales throughout the year because people would hold out til New Years if they did such a sale annually. It's a bummer, but I get it.

So there you have it.

"A girl should be two things: Classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel

That's good to know, but I would probably check anyway. SA's are not always reliable and the store doesn't always divulge things ahead of time. I could see Dillard's, at the last minute, going through with the sale.

Happiness is an unattended department store perfume counter, stocked with plenty of paper blotters, testers, and empty drams.