Topic: Do you separate it all?

Hello ladies!

I wish a good week to everyone!  32

I was wondering, do you separate your fall-winter scents from spring-summer scents ??

So do you use them separately in the corresponding season or not?

I ask it because usually I do that, so I'm curious about you.. wink

Last edited by *_koko_* (2013-02-18 08:30:47)

Re: Do you separate it all?

Yes, I've separated them to different places and I don't usually use spring-summer scents during winter and vice versa. Here in my country we have clearly 4 seasons; winter is really cold and summer is much warmer etc.

Yes I have mine separate also, then have an any season perfume section as well as the spring/summer and autumn/winter.

Check out my swap list on profile!

Yes and Yes.  There are some I consider year-round frags so they get added and removed from the rotation at random.

TODAY IS A SPECIAL OCCASION. . .  a perfect day to use and enjoy "the good stuff"!

I always separate mine. I put out on display all the fragrances in my collection that are season appropriate.

Come Autumn in March, my Summer scents will be put away and replaced by my cooler weather scents.

"Forever and a day, baby, that’s what I want when I’m with you".

Nope!  I am attracted most to winter/fall scents and least attracted to lighter spring/summer scents.  I'm also more attracted to evening scents versus day time scents.  So I wear them whenever I want, regardless of season or time of day.  Why would I buy a summer scent that I didn't like just to have a "summer" scent?  To me, if you like the scent, you should be free to wear it whenever the mood strikes you!

A woman should smell like a woman and not a flower. - Coco Chanel

charmedbella wrote:

Nope! I am attracted most to winter/fall scents and least attracted to lighter spring/summer scents. I'm also more attracted to evening scents versus day time scents. So I wear them whenever I want, regardless of season or time of day. Why would I buy a summer scent that I didn't like just to have a "summer" scent? To me, if you like the scent, you should be free to wear it whenever the mood strikes you!

+1

My HAD list is for SWAP

charmedbella wrote:

Nope! I am attracted most to winter/fall scents and least attracted to lighter spring/summer scents. I'm also more attracted to evening scents versus day time scents. So I wear them whenever I want, regardless of season or time of day. Why would I buy a summer scent that I didn't like just to have a "summer" scent? To me, if you like the scent, you should be free to wear it whenever the mood strikes you!

No but I didn't mean we have to take a summer or a winter fragrance just to have one.. I was just wondering, since in general we girls have many types of perfumes, if them were used or not in the corresponding seasons .. Then of course yes, each one has to use what he wants when he wants  tummenupp If the scent remains the same even in a different season for which it was made, that person is very lucky!  smile My perfume on my skin, if used in the "wrong season", become so bad to my nose!  tongue So I have to separate..  wink

Last edited by *_koko_* (2013-02-18 08:49:44)

I have seperate trunks to hold my collection--one for warm weather scents, one for cool weather scents. However, i do dip into the other season's box from time to time when I am missing a certain scent.

*_koko_* wrote:
charmedbella wrote:

No but I didn't mean we have to take a summer or a winter fragrance just to have one.. I was just wondering, since in general we girls have many types of perfumes, if them were used or not in the corresponding seasons .. Then of course yes, each one has to use what he wants when he wants  tummenupp If the scent remains the same even in a different season for which it was made, that person is very lucky!  smile My perfume on my skin, if used in the "wrong season", become so bad to my nose!  tongue So I have to separate..  wink

Maybe I'm lucky then!  glad  I find that if it smells great in cooler weather, it smells great in summer.  I've never noticed a perfume smelling different on me during different times of the year.  wink

A woman should smell like a woman and not a flower. - Coco Chanel

I consider all my fragrances all year round perfumes, it's just the doses that vary.

I'm in in love with 3 Jacques----Jacques Guerlain, Jacques Polge, and Jacques Cavallier.

charmedbella wrote:
*_koko_* wrote:
charmedbella wrote:

Maybe I'm lucky then!  glad I find that if it smells great in cooler weather, it smells great in summer. I've never noticed a perfume smelling different on me during different times of the year.  wink

Yes you're lucky!!  61

In the past I haven't really because I haven't lived in a country with distinct seasons in several years and fragrances I wore when I was young enough to live somewhere with a real hot season were versatile enough for all year.

I have tentatively started doing this recently, in expectation of a better summer this year in a new country. I'm finally excited about buying light fresh summer scents!

So, in the past I hadn't the need to, but now that I do I will separate them glad

UK swap: Crystal Noir, Loverdose, GucciEDP, Eau de 4 Reines, Lotus Garden, Fig Leaf & Sage, Tendre Jasmin, Sugar Apple

*_koko_* wrote:

Hello ladies!

I wish a good week to everyone!  32

I was wondering, do you separate your fall-winter scents from spring-summer scents ??

So do you use them separately in the corresponding season or not?

I ask it because usually I do that, so I'm curious about you..  wink

I have all of mine separated by season. However, I wear what I want. If I am craving a scent, I will go ahead and wear it out of season. Keeping them separated helps me to categorize them according to scent strength and somewhat to fragrance category, without being to persnickety about it.

I keep my green florals, moderate florals and "sparkling" fragrances in the Spring category. The sheer woody scents, aquatics, airy florals and citrusy scents go into the Summer category. The sweet orientals, heavy woods, and lighter chypres go into the Autumn category. And finally, the ambery orientals, holiday fragrances, dark chypres, boozy scents, animalics and heavy bodied florals go into the Winter category.

Totally works for me. And...I notice right away if the Winter category is getting thin- it's my favorite!!!

No. I separate more by: wear to work, special occasion, going out, cuddly day in bed, etc.

US Split YSL Oud Absolu: http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=73503&p=4

Thank you.. glad

TanteSimone wrote:

I consider all my fragrances all year round perfumes, it's just the doses that vary.

+1

No I don't separate.

Related to this topic...even though I tend to wear certain fragrances only in the fall and winter(heavier spicy orientals, for instance), and lighter, more citrus-y ones in the hot months, I find sometimes if you experient with wearing "out-of-season" fragrances, you make some nice discoveries. I have been wearing Versense the last two weeks and find I like it better(it even seems to last longer on my skin) in the cold, dry weather we are experiencing.

Peridot75 wrote:
TanteSimone wrote:

+1

+1

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

No, I do not separate them from Fall/Winter - Spring/Summer... not at all.

I actually keep them together by house. This way, I am able to keep track of them much easier.

Last edited by Robynlovesperfume (2013-02-19 02:12:54)

I love ya, Simon. RIP my little buddy. 08/03 - 06/30/14

I'm not a separator either. I group my scents by house. I don't bother separating by season as the weather is so unpredictable. I just choose an appropriate scent for the weather each day.

... I Heart Vanilla :-) ...

KeLLStar wrote:

I'm not a separator either. I group my scents by house. I don't bother separating by season as the weather is so unpredictable. I just choose an appropriate scent for the weather each day.

+ 1

I do it half-way - wear winter scents all year round and summer scents in summer only  smile

Not that I have any "true" summer scents though - I'm not into very light scents.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

thank you girls...  11