Topic: Perfume sample subscription services?

Is there such a thing as companies who do a perfume subscription service? Like, you pay such and such amount per month and receive samples in return? I know there's tons for beauty products in general, but I would be interested it something that sends out frag samples only.

Last edited by 614kristaaa (2013-03-19 20:42:09)

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody." -Mark Twain

Re: Perfume sample subscription services?

perfumesforabuck .com has a subscription service. I think it's 5 samples for $12.99 a month. They sent my first order right away. The second order showed that it was ready to ship for 21 days. It was ridiculous so I cancelled. Maybe I was just unlucky and other people may have had better luck.

"The woman is carrying her clothes, but it is the shoe that carries the woman."
- Christian Louboutin

ta2kitty wrote:

perfumesforabuck .com has a subscription service. I think it's 5 samples for $12.99 a month. They sent my first order right away. The second order showed that it was ready to ship for 21 days. It was ridiculous so I cancelled. Maybe I was just unlucky and other people may have had better luck.

That's really cool, I just checked it out. I might try it out, but I'm with you, that is ridiculous! I've tested out quite a few subscription sample services and have always cancelled for various reasons - but this one does seem neat if it runs smoothly. Thanks for the info!

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody." -Mark Twain

I wish LuckyScent would do one! I know they've offered monthly sample packs before, but I haven't seen one since December...

perfumesforabuck .com

Scentscribe .com is a new one

I can't say I recommend subscription service unless you are brand spankin' new to fragrances because they tend to hand the same common things out over and over. Unless you can pick...then that wouldn't be as bad. (perfumesforabuck)

Last edited by cake n' cuddles (2013-10-16 08:28:23)

Gourmie, Smell Enthusiast, Leo (if you're into that), INTJ

Only one I know is Olfactif.  It's been reviewed here and there.

swap list: http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=97742

thecatapproves's Website

I know Perfumesforabuck seems awesome, and that's what I first thought too, but it's one of the worst businesses I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I got the service where you can get 3 ml sprays instead of 1 ml vials. First I had to contact customer service because it had been a week and they still hadn't shipped my order, they came up with the lame excuse that they didn't ship on weekends (what about the other five days???), and my order magically shipped the next day.

When it arrived I found that they only included HALF my order and one of the samples had leaked everywhere. So, for the second time, I contacted customer service. They said they would send me a sample to replace that leaky one. No mention of the second half.

Two weeks later my second half still hadn't arrived so I contacted them for a third time and they again vomited up the same automated message about not shipping on weekends, and yet again my order mysteriously shipped the next day.

Now, when the second half came there was ANOTHER leaky vial, and no replacement for the first broken one.I contacted them for a fourth and final time, and they said that it wasn't leaky- that some perfume can spill in the decanting process. I assure you, it was indeed leaking.

At that point I gave up and canceled my subscription. Look up some reviews about this company before you take the chance of dealing with them.

I had found perfumesforabuck.com but when I saw the "catch" signing up to a subscription I ran fast!   Never never do it unless you plan to get perfume for a year.  I can't speak for this site but from past experiences they lock you in and continue to bill you. va

Profile shows some of my fragrances available