Topic: Woodhue perfume, Faberge. Is there anything like this available?

Hello.  When I was in high school,

(Hey you people, come alive!
      We're the class of '75!!!),

my genius buddy wore  Woodhue perfume by Faberge.   She smelled sooooo good.   Consistently.  http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/hjarta.gif

It was linear, to me.   I got a bottle since I admired her.   I remember my old bottle developed a dark stain around the nozzle, which seemed to make the smell of the bottle richer. 

I purchased a bottle at the Vermont Country Store a summer or two ago, and it was not the luscious scent that I remembered. 
Perhaps my nose has changed.   

Does anyone know of a scent like the old Woodhue?   Was anyone in love with it?   Appalled by it?   

Sincere thanks for your assistance, and happy happy. 

Twink

Re: Woodhue perfume, Faberge. Is there anything like this available?

Hi Twinklestar, I never heard of Woodhue until recently.  Being curious, I bought a vintage unopened bottle on ebay and turned around and resold it.   The scent was still good but  didn't agree with me.   I have mostly vintage so it wasn't that, I just found it too intense.  Probably what you bought was a reformulation, even though Vermont Country Store says  it's the original formula, I don't know how it can be.
Speaking of reformulations, all my old EL favorites, Cinnebar, White Linen, and Azuree are total disappointments.

Oh, yes... I remember Woodhue, and Aphrodisia and Straw Hat and Tigress!

I have no scent memory of either Straw Hat or Aphrodisia, but I remember Tigress was along the lines of Habanita mixed with Intimate with a little of Avon's Occur! tossed in for good measure.

Woodhue was incense, sandalwood, vanilla, some forest note and what I now know was bergamot.  It "wasn't me" but I liked it on the "fast" girls!!

If I wanted any of these I'd go to ebay and start looking around.  There was another Faberge that I discovered in the early 1980's that I've hunted down on ebay with great results, Partage, so I'm confident you'll find what you remember.

Kitty Weegee has crossed the Rainbow Bridge to heaven. June 12, 1994 - December 30, 2013.  He was a very good boy.

Definitely I would remember Tigress!

Thank you, my FRAGRANTICA buddies. 

Twink

That website has many terribly altered re-issues, I have heard so much bad stuff!

Old bottles are available on ebay.

Be careful with internet quotes as they aren't always real.   
~ William Shakespeare