Topic: Woodhue perfume, Faberge. Is there anything like this available?

Hello.  When I was in high school,

(Hey you people, come alive!
      We're the class of '75!!!),

my genius buddy wore  Woodhue perfume by Faberge.   She smelled sooooo good.   Consistently.  http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/hjarta.gif

It was linear, to me.   I got a bottle since I admired her.   I remember my old bottle developed a dark stain around the nozzle, which seemed to make the smell of the bottle richer. 

I purchased a bottle at the Vermont Country Store a summer or two ago, and it was not the luscious scent that I remembered. 
Perhaps my nose has changed.   

Does anyone know of a scent like the old Woodhue?   Was anyone in love with it?   Appalled by it?   

Sincere thanks for your assistance, and happy happy. 

Twink

Re: Woodhue perfume, Faberge. Is there anything like this available?

Hi Twinklestar, I never heard of Woodhue until recently.  Being curious, I bought a vintage unopened bottle on ebay and turned around and resold it.   The scent was still good but  didn't agree with me.   I have mostly vintage so it wasn't that, I just found it too intense.  Probably what you bought was a reformulation, even though Vermont Country Store says  it's the original formula, I don't know how it can be.
Speaking of reformulations, all my old EL favorites, Cinnebar, White Linen, and Azuree are total disappointments.

Oh, yes... I remember Woodhue, and Aphrodisia and Straw Hat and Tigress!

I have no scent memory of either Straw Hat or Aphrodisia, but I remember Tigress was along the lines of Habanita mixed with Intimate with a little of Avon's Occur! tossed in for good measure.

Woodhue was incense, sandalwood, vanilla, some forest note and what I now know was bergamot.  It "wasn't me" but I liked it on the "fast" girls!!

If I wanted any of these I'd go to ebay and start looking around.  There was another Faberge that I discovered in the early 1980's that I've hunted down on ebay with great results, Partage, so I'm confident you'll find what you remember.

Definitely I would remember Tigress!

Thank you, my FRAGRANTICA buddies. 

Twink

That website has many terribly altered re-issues, I have heard so much bad stuff!

Old bottles are available on ebay.

Be careful with internet quotes as they aren't always real.   
~ William Shakespeare