Topic: Ellen Tracy "Pretty Petals" at TJ Maxx

I was innocently stalking the perfume aisle of TJ Maxx yesterday when I happened across a lovely, bright yellow box decorated with flowers called Pretty Petals, a 2.5 ounce bottle for $7.99. When I saw that it was by Ellen Tracy, I blind bought it and ripped it open within minutes.

Then as usual, I rushed here for help on deciphering the notes. It's flowery, but almost "heavy." I keep thinking one of the main notes is honey. Not what I expected, but as a huge fan of ET scents, I do like it, but don't love it like I do the others (Bronze, Ellen, Ellen Tracy).

However, it's not in the Fragrantica database, so I'm trying to figure out if it's brand new (in which case, I'm surprised I found it at TJ Maxx already) or is it an older scent? I'm really interested to learn the notes and see reviews!

Thank you!

Re: Ellen Tracy "Pretty Petals" at TJ Maxx

I saw it at my Ross, too! The box was pretty and threw me off from other Ellen Tracy fragrances. I didn't get it but now that you say "honey" lol I'm re-thinking going back! haha

I'm looking for a review also. Just saw it at my TJ Maxx and think I'll go grab it.

Ok got it! Lovely little bottle. Just looking at it puts me in a happy mood. The scent, I can't tell what the heck it is! It's strong ohhhhhhh so strong for so long and it lasts. I get a really nostalgic smell from the 70's maybe? It's the same type of scent as http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.17343.jpg Oscar de la Renta Something Blue

If the two were similar looking sisters, I wouldn't know which one I was looking at unless they were together to notice the differences. Very nostalgic, and to me, a blue scent also. If blue has a smell, this is it for me! The color blue, flipped up hair, teased a bit for poof, and a blue headband, matching blue skirt and office scent. Perfect for watching Mad Men! Mad Men scent, yep!

The pretty packaging drew me in as well, and I usually like Ellen Tracy perfumes.The initial smell smelled sort of like a heavy fruit smell, warm but overpowering. I didn't like the opening smell at all, but once it calmed down a bit, it was nice. I'm not sure that I could get over the opening notes though.

Good friends, like good books, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable. Louisa May Alcott

"Heavy fruit smell" is exactly right!  I just wish I could pick out individual notes - I keep thinking honey, but I don't know if that's correct.  For a scent called "Pretty Petals, " I expected a light, breezy scent, so I was surprised when I first tried it.  I check here frequently to see if it's been added to the database.

I also have Pretty Petals. What I smell most is some juicy pineapple, no flowers at all.  I wore it to work and I never got so many compliments on a perfume. Very different from all the other Ellen Tracy's, but pleasant.

Interesting! I also wanted to see a list of notes... I agree with 'heavy fruit' smell and a honey sweetness to it.  It did intrigue me.  I thought that there maybe some kind of wood note or leather note in the base adding to that heavy vibe.  Something like anise in it too maybe?

I love it so much I went back and got a second bottle. It smells strong, sweet fruity and floral.

From the Palm Beach Beaute website (http://www.palmbeachbeaute.com/):

"http://www.palmbeachbeaute.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ellen-Tracy-Pretty-Petals1.jpg  Pretty Petals is a lively fruity-floral bouquet with a subtle sensuality, fruity freshness punctuated with very appealing mouthwatering notes . Joyful, sparkling, luminous… Dreamt up as a call to happiness, it’s a delightful mix of emotions…
For the women who are radiantly captivating and sexy."

I find it curious that the link to the Ellen Tracy website gives NO details about her fragrances. You have to go to the Palm Beach Beaute website for that & even then only some of the fragrances have the notes listed.

I bought a bottle at the Maxx as well but find it to be a rather generic floral - nice but nothing remarkable. OK for the price but every time I wear an "OK fragrance" I find myself thinking that I'm wasting a day when I could be wearing something I love instead!

Last edited by weegee (2013-09-12 16:59:31)

Kitty Weegee has crossed the Rainbow Bridge to heaven. June 12, 1994 - December 30, 2013.  He was a very good boy.

I love several Ellen Tracy fragrances, but am NOT a fruit person--so I'm glad to read this thread, and be better able to resist a blind buy!

~ * ~ Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.  Proverbs 27:9 ~ * ~

This one's in the database now:

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.20838.jpg Ellen Tracy Pretty Petals