Topic: Duplicate perfume sites - list

Purists may want to disregard this thread http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/hmm.png because it's about duplicate scents, replicas.  I hope those of us who want to try scents that aren't available locally to sniff will love this thread and add to it. http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/stolt.gif

I have mentioned some sites for duplicates on different threads here but  I thought it might be a good idea to to have a thread with all the sites in one location.  I would love it if people would add other sites that have good duplicate perfume oils.

These are my favorites, and I'm not affiliated with any of them.  I'm just a happy, repeat customer at all of them.

Haywardenterprises.com - has the most scents, 800 to 1000 varieties.  I have only ordered the roll on perfume oils, not the sprays.  I love the oils.  Many of them wear close to the skin and I think the sprays may have more sillage but I can't say for sure since I never ordered any.

Pittsburgh Street Soapworks - I can't remember the website but it comes up on google.  Her scents are limited but her quality is excellent.  She offers samples that she calls "misters" and they are inexpensive and a great way to try new scents.  I have ordered her spray perfumes and her lotions.  I have put in at least 10 orders here.  With some products, you can pay a tiny bit extra for an extra shot of scent.

Opulent Alchemy on etsy.com - I've put in 2 orders here for perfume oils and love them.

These sites all take paypal.

Please, add sites you love!  We can all benefit and save some $$$$$!!!

Love you guys!http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/55.gif

Re: Duplicate perfume sites - list

Thank you so much Wombat for posting these sites. I ordered quite a few perfume oil samples from Hayward Enterprises and can't wait til they get here.  I would have no other way of trying all these great perfumes that I read about on Fragrantica without taking out a bank loan and buying them unsniffed since I live in a small town with only very mainstream perfume.  If I don't like something, the cost is minimal and if I do, then I can order more or spend my money wisely and know beforehand if I want to buy the real thing.

Hi Michele!

You and I think exactly alike!  Did you notice how much the price drops at Hayward if you order 20?  I just got 20 from there and I'm in love with at least 5 of them.  I didn't expect the odds to be any better than that anyway because I was buying them only from their notes listed here.

I have never even seen in stores many of the scents that people rave about here, so I think you and I are in the same boat with only mainstream perfumes available where we live.

Michele, if you like vanilla, I beseech you to try Un Bois Vanille from one of the sites.  Remember how cheap it is to try!  Pittsburgh St. Soapworks is where I discovered it as a mister (sample) originally, and now I have tons of it because I adore it.  The Etsy shop also makes an excellent one.  If you order again, do try it!  I get compliments on it.

Thanks for the response, Michele.  Now that you may end up becoming a dupe junky like me, you might find some good websites that I don't know about!

I don't know how many I'll like, but better to not like a dupe, it's a lot cheaper. Right? What I did, was to go down the list and look for some classic fragrances that I had never tried, and a few that I wore years ago.  I read a lot of reviews, both good and bad, and then tried to go by the notes.  You never know, I've read rave reviews about some perfumes and bought a mini or was able to get it on eBay and ended up not being able to wash it off fast enough!  I also like the fact that a little oil goes a long way.  I've never been a big vanilla fan but I'll try it now.  I'll let you know when I get my goodie package and how it goes.

Hi Michele

With the 20 I ordered from Hayward, even with shipping, the cost per oil was only about $3 so you are so right!

I used to love Chanel #5 and I had fond memories of many old fragrances.  I was disappointed in some of the dupes because they didn't smell like I remembered them.  Then I was reading here on boards that many of the old time fragrances were reformulated and made worse.  The dupes are probably the recent formulation.  OR my nose or taste changed!   Better to discover this on the cheap! http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/superglad.png

Your order should be coming soon.  I haven't even tried all of mine because I got stuck on Un Bois Vanille and Vanille Peach, both of which I'm in love with.  I'd love to hear what you got and how you like them!

Hi Wombat,
I just went on the Pittsburgh St. site and I love it!  The descriptions of the scents are great!  I think I could spend hours in there.  My new favorite scent for soap and lotion is oatmeal, milk and honey. I'll have to check and see if they have the oil.  Well, I'm off to Pittsburgh!

Michele, get the misters!!!!!!!!!! They are samples!!   You can get up to 12 of them in one order!  THEN get the real EDP, lotions and everything else!  Seriously, the misters have a lot of spritzes in them and it's a lot safer to sample with them.  That's how I discovered Un Bois Vanille!

Paulette at PSS is totally wonderful!

Uhm... Isn't this in some way illegal?
And why not just buy the original scent? They are not that much more expencive per ml. Or you can just buy a decanted sample from someone.
Duplicates does not smell 100% like the original.

parfyme.moo.no - et norsk diskusjonsforum om parfyme :)

They aren't illegal because they don't claim to be the originals.  They are renditions or reproductions of originals, and I know they aren't exact. 

I suppose if you live in a big city and have lots of perfumes available to smell before you buy them, you might be less interested in duplicates.  Where I live, we only have run of the mill department store brands.  I have never seen in stores many of the perfumes that people review here.

So, I'm happy with "close enough" scents!  This way, if I found a duplicate I absolutely adore, I'd feel more confident buying the real thing from the internet because at least I'd have an idea of what it smells like!

Oh okay, the whole duplicate business just seem a bit "fishy" and wrong in some way. But concidering what perfumes they duplicate, wich is mostly mass marked designer scents made buy soulless companies, I guess it doesn't really matter.

I don't live in a big city either, not even in a perfume loving country. And I've still found ways to sample unavailable scents before I buy. But I think I like some perfumes because of the whole consept - the bottle, the marketing, the perfumer etc. And a plastic 3 oz spray bottle with a print-out label doesnt do it, and therefor I'd rather use a days pay on a genuine scent.

I would rather be interested in those sites' own "concoctions", like the Oatmeal, milk and honey Michele mentioned. They are probably some nice little scents. glad

However, I liked that they had other types of scented products available; such as soaps, body lotions etc. So if you like a scent, you can buy something like that to give yourself an even better scentsperience. glad

parfyme.moo.no - et norsk diskusjonsforum om parfyme :)

What I like is the convenience of being able to buy lots of differnt oils at the same place.  Even though I know they're not going to be exact, it gives me an idea of what the perfume will smell like.  I've read reviews and researched notes, but you can't really know until you've tried it.  I've bought many samples from Lucky Scent, Posh Peasant and Fragrance Court, many of which were niche and vintage scents that I would have had no way of trying, so for me, ordering oil duplicates is a fun thing to do.  I'm not so interested in the bottles and packaging and I know that's important to a lot of people, but not me.  Honestly, I keep my perfumes on a shelf in my closet, where it's dark and cool, so I can't really appreciate them anyway.  As far as buying lotions, soaps and powder, yes, having these companion scents will be great because the real thing can be very expensive, at least for me.

Michele, I got my Hayward oils in about a week.  Be sure to let me know when you get them!  The last time I ordered from them, I ordered 20, and I'm still not finished going through them yet!  I thought I was going to adore all the Chanels I bought but I don't.  I'm nuts about the ones that are vanilla-y though!  Hayward makes a wonderful Poeme, though!

I'm making a list of oils/perfumes/misters that I bought from different places and writing down the ones I like and don't like in 2 columns.  The ones I don't like will be given away, and the ones I do like I may buy big bottles of at some point.

I really hope you like what you got!  Some wear very close to the skin from Hayward while others have much stronger sillage.

I agree with you on the packaging.  It could come in a plain spray bottle with no label and I wouldn't care!  Heck, it would knock the price down if it did!

Good morning Wombat,
My oils from Hayward are waiting for me in Florida.  By the time I get back,(Sat) my oils from PSS should be there too.  I can't wait!  Opening them and smelling and testing will be like Christmas morning! I don't care much for Chanel either, even though I've tried a few of them in the past, but I did order Coco, which I never tried because I read so many great reviews. The one edt I loved for a while many years ago was Cristelle by Chanel but my tastes have changed.  Now I seem to gravitate towards oriental, woody and musky type fragrances, even gourmand, with very little floral notes.  I don't like aquatics very much either.  However, I did order a wide range from Hayward to "expand my horizons".

Hi Michele!

What type of products did you order from PSS?  I do hope you got some of her sample misters!  Her sprays last longer on me than the Hayward oils do!  Very odd.  Oh, FWIW, I got some lotions with Un Bois Vanille scent from PSS that turned to tan from white, and Paulette said vanilla scent always darkens over time.  Just thought I'd mention it in case your ordered anything with vanilla.  I think Paulette's sprays have greater sillage than the Hayward oils, but I read somewhere that sprays ALWAYS have more sillage than oils.  I think we like a lot of the same style of perfume.  I've started loving peach, though!

I hope you aren't in FL where that nasty oil is going to wash up! http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/skitarg.gif

Merry Christmas for Saturday!  http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/tummenupp.gif

Hello there..... another great website is kndfragrances.com

Great affordable prices they have over 130 fragrances and great turn around.http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/applause.gif

Thanks Sunny, l'll check that site out too.  I always enjoy discovering new perfume oil sites.  That seems to be my passion these days!
Hi Wombat,  I sent you a private message with the list of perfumes I bought.  I'm on the east coast so hopefully it won't make it all the way around.  That is nasty business.  I feel bad for the marine life and the poor birds too.

Thanks for the site, Sunny!http://fimgs.net/b/img/smilies/glad.png  There's also a store on Ebay called Somethin' Special where I've bought some roll on oils that I really like!

Hi Michele!

Thanks for your note!  I responded. That's the first time I ever used this messenger thing here!  I know what you mean about those poor animals.  It breaks my heart so much that I can't stand to see those oil-soaked birds and have to change the channel.  And we don't even KNOW what's happening to the marine life UNDER the water!

I just ordered D&G By from Hayward. I have heard good things about these oil dupes. This is the perfume that I have always loved. Hope it's a nice smelling dupe!
http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.489.jpg Dolce&Gabbana By

I ordered the dupe of my belovedhttp://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.820.jpg Burberry Burberry Brit Red from Hayward. Since it's been discontinued, I thought it might be a good way to continue my love affair with it, but I was disappointed. The dupe smelled NOTHING like the original. Oh, well, I'm sure certain scents are closer than others to the original.

That being said, I ordered the dupe of http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/m.5532.jpgDiesel Only The Brave from Hayward and had them ship it to PSS. Paula made a cologne, body spray, shampoo, body wash and powder for my 15 year old son for less than I would have spent for the original alone. For a teenager who hasn't quite learned the "less is more" concept when it comes to applying fragrance, it was money well spent!

Another great site is modernatelier.net

A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future
                                                             Coco Chanel

Pa.princess's Website

perfumeOils.com.  I have purchased several perfume oils from them and I really like them.  If I don't for some reason or get tired of them ,I use it with the reed diffusers to scent the house.  I have never ordered from their website I usually go to their store which is located in Northern New Jersey and I buy them directly from them.  Really good duplicates and great selection!

ojosverdes's Website

I only buy perfume duplicates. This is all I can afford,and I know and trust that the sellers I buy from are animal cruelty free.

I love to buy from seller on Etsy.com named OpulentAlchemy.
She is really sweet and kind,and her perfume oils smell AMAZING!

I think Wombat mentioned her at the start of this thread.

She is also very generously priced and she ships worldwidehttp://www.fragrantica.com/board/img/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by tenderhearted (2011-02-28 06:17:35)

tenderhearted wrote:

I only buy perfume duplicates. This is all I can afford,and I know and trust that the sellers I buy from are animal cruelty free.

I love to buy from seller on Etsy.com named OpulentAlchemy.
She is really sweet and kind,and her perfume oils smell AMAZING!

I think Wombat mentioned her at the start of this thread.

She is also very generously priced and she ships worldwideimg/smilies/smile.png

just ordered some myself!http://www.fragrantica.com/board/img/smilies/tummenupp.gif

A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future
                                                             Coco Chanel

Pa.princess's Website

Hi, I'd like to add my own finds to this thread - I live in a rural location with little prospect of being able to try the less mainstream perfumes, and I mostly buy duplicates - they do give me a good idea of whether it's worth spending time & effort to locate a real sample! I live in the UK, and for other perfume lovers in this country I would recommend http://www.mrs-timberlake.co.uk/ (ships abroad as well), http://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/ and http://www.cherryblossomdiva.com (US site). I am not affiliated to any of them, but they do super dupes, particularly Venezia from Mrs Timberlake, who does niche scents. I have never had the pleasure of smelling the real Venezia, but the dupe is the most gorgeous scent I have ever known, and perhaps worth a try if you can't find/afford the real thing.

Susie

Last edited by susiemusic (2011-03-21 14:50:57)