Designers » » Oriental Woody « Groups

10 Corso Como 10 Corso Como for women
dislike

oud
10 Corso Como 10 Corso Como for women Pictures

10 Corso Como, the first perfume of the brand by Carla Sozzani, has been on the market since 1999. Exotic, sensual and mysterious, this perfume is made of rose, geranium, vetiver, musk, sandalwood, oud wood resin and incense.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Gillotin.

vetyver Musk Geranium Sandalwood Rose Agarwood (Oud) Resin Incense

Black Cashmere
Costes
Korloff Noir
Oud Imperial
Tobacco Oud

10 Corso Como Fragrance Reviews

The opening little puff of rose didn't indicate whether I would like this fragrance or not but as it settles it's my kind of deal. Balsamic, spicy, woody all good so far and the sandalwood develops as it dries down.
Reminds me a tiny bit of the new Tobacco oud from Tom Ford.
However there's nothing outstanding here and the longevity is pathetic, I mean seriously poor! I never smelled the original formulation but if this was stronger and more ballsy with more oud, good quality sandalwood, a longer lasting rose note and perhaps some more spices? It would be a winning (and completely different)fragrance.
Don't get me wrong I like the smell but there's many better perfumes out there.

Nadia1401
Nadia1401

I was excited to try this fragrance because of the description and the hype, but was severely disappointed when I received it. The scent is very boring and not unique at all. It is dark and spicy but nothing about it makes it special. I'm so glad I only bought a sample. I am wearing it only so I don't waste the $4 I spent. If I want a dark and sultry that develops with a woody & incense base I would wear something from Tom Ford's Oud line or the Tobacco Vanille.

chowgigi
chowgigi

I simply love this one. It is not easy to get it in Asia though. The floral key notes mixing with sandalwood adds a lot of complexity to the perfume.

calyx93

just adding a new review for the current version - don't bother with your money … really. i'm not just being a negative reviewer - this is NOTHING like the fragrance that i used to wear heavily back in the early 2000's - it's maybe 1/10 of the strength and 1/20 of the quality. don't bother with the solid either - just as weak. you might as just wear a sandalwood pomade.

1) there is nothing left of the original sandalwood presence that made this scent so very long-lasting and special

2) there is barely the same presence of agarwood that the original had. the original made you wince with an almost eye-watering, gasoline-like strength - nothing like the agarwood aromachemicals used commonly in today's atrocities. now, it's as bad and flatulent as a weak, synthetic "truffle" oil that's found drizzled on bad pommes frites in a multi-location chain restaurant.

two words - and you'll thank me, really you will - DON'T BOTHER.

cloyd42
cloyd42

If you're old enough to remember it, this starts like mimeographed paper--a shock of alcohol and wood pulp, weirdly comforting and enjoyable. A sad balsam eventually limps in and that's where we've been for the past several hours. This definitely won't offend anybody but I don't see the point of a scent that is hardly detectable.

Sillage--inches
Longevity--several hours
Fabulousness--The Invisible Man
Value to price ratio--outrageously bad

Carnation
Carnation

I obviously got a reformulated sample because it isn't rich and splendorous as Robin of NST blog mentioned.
It is a bit on the linear side. I do smell some of the balsamic resin sweetness and a bit of oud (agarwood) in the composition, along with a pinch of sandalwood. I really wanted this to be a bit fuller and deeper. Perhaps layering with the lotion would help. It's longevity really isn't impressive: Probably about 3 hours on me and it doesn't have sillage attached to it much. Still there is something about this scent that I can't put my finger on. I would love to get a vintage sample because I bet it's far superior and most likely set the tone for the cult following it has.

antfarm
antfarm

Somehow this manages to smell both watered-down and headache-inducing. I mainly detect sandalwood, spice, and electrical fire.

Certain whiffs of it almost smell good, but 10 Corso Como never quite rounds itself out. When I breathe it in, the inside of my nose burns, even though this is not a loud fragrance.

Repogirl
Repogirl

I received my sample of this today and immediately fell in love. I ordered it based on the fact that it is recommended on a lot of different sites when searching for sandalwood scents.

But when I read the reviews here, I am dumbfounded and confused. At first I thought, maybe I received the wrong fragrance? Maybe my sniffer is broken? I don't get it because I love this scent so much. The only other explanation has to be that this is a chemistry thing because I think it smells divine on me.

I don't smell anything close to what the other reviews have noted and I can't really pick up the notes listed either. I wouldn't say that I think the sandalwood is really prevalent but it is there. All I smell is a light, fresh, clean, soft, and dreamy blend. I will agree that it was not at all what I expected based on the notes listed. Maybe I did receive the wrong sample?

Edit: After applying more, I definitely get the incense in this and the woods. But it's also fresh and clean which speaks to me. I still love it but for the price, I find the longevity poor. That's the only thing I don't like about this.

fartknocker
fartknocker

Something in this doesn't work well with my body chemistry. Perhaps it's the overwhelming sandalwood. I want to like it, but it is a bit much on me and turns sour before the day is done.

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

It smells of hairspray on me, fancy hairspray.

I guess it's better than dousing yourself in aquanet.

Roge'
Roge'

10 corso como taught me a valuable lesson: Never buy into cologne hype. I decided to purchase this upon reading the rave reviews on lucky scent. After reading the notes, I figured that i couldn't lose. I've never been so disappointed by something that seemed so promising. This fragrance should be called 10 flat because the notes are very linear. There is absolutely nothing transcendent about 10 corso como. This is a likeable fragrance only for those that like their scents close to the skin.

papelet
papelet

Kankri is right IMO, there is not much I can add to this review other that sometimes I it like but most of the time just stinks like piss

kankri
kankri

I find this boring. It sits very close to the skin, I pretty much have to press my nose right into the skin to smell this at all.

Once I put it on, Corso Como is a weak, bitter vertiver layered on dry, bleached sandalwood. There is a hint of oud around the background, but it is not very noticeable, and I am not a fan of oud. This ends up smelling both medicinal and bland; it most reminds me of a wooden tongue depressor, with something herbal at the edges.

As it warms up, the vetiver comes out more, and I detect a strange sweetness. It doesn't make much difference to me; I would not recommend this.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I never knew this one in the past like some other reviewers, but the current formulation is totally forgettable. It smells like it might have held promise at one time but it's only a shadow of something now. Boring, not very spicy, barely any oud, you end up with a "what was that" feeling like you have when something goes whizzing by and you can't identify it. It's just boring and faintly unpleasant. Don't waste your money. Thank goodness I only got a $3.00 tiny decant and I regret even spending that!

xabaras
xabaras

Intense. This is a misterious, dark, obscure, sexy fragrance. The oud and the incense combine wonderfully and give this amazing fragrance its unforgettable note. I detect berries which give it a sweet freshness. It's a very elegant, dry fragrance, and it lasts for ages. I bought my bottle about 2 years ago, so I don't know if this is the original or the new formulation, I can only say that it has captured my imagination. It is not for all occasions, I put it on when I know that I want to fix in my memory a special event: I wore it for a dark Gary Numan concert a few months ago, and now every time I put it on I recall that evening. I simply love it.

calyx93

This fragrance has changed drastically over last decade. It used to be really nice - amazing even. I acquired my first bottle almost ten years ago when agarwood products in western fragrances were beginning to make their appearances. The oud was quite strong, almost gasoline-like in its intensity and the sandalwood was just perfectly warm and enveloping - plus, the longevity and sillage was remarkable. It was so unique that it never failed to garner remarks from those who smelled it upon me.

Last week, I just bought another bottle and I must say that I'm incredibly disappointed - sad actually. It's now a hint of its former self - anemic, light to the point of being more of a skin scent, and the oud is nearly imperceptible. A close friend of mine expressed the same sentiments over the solid perfume compact - it was gorgeous to look at, but the scent was hardly the strength of a lip balm. She returned it - I wish I could return mine.

Don't make the same mistake I did - it was a very expensive one.

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

28-yo male here. I'm surprised this is classified as a female fragrance. I bought this in the men's fragrance section at Neiman Marcus a few years ago...unfortunately the bottle broke thereafter!

I like it, it's not my favorite but it's attractive to the female nose.

Can someone agree that this smells a lot like Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Men?!

If you want a cheaper version of this fragrance, I'd suggest Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Men (which I also have) =]

babsyfish
babsyfish

I really, REALLY wanted to like this perfume, but even after several tries, we are not friends. It is not warm or mysterious at all, but somehow cold...antiseptic...and...?!?!...SOMETHING else that I just couldn't put my finger on until now. On me, 10 smells just like Comet--that old powdered bathroom cleaner. O, the horror! Argh! And a couple of unprintable expletives!!

Does anyone have some not-so-clean incense suggestions?

kalynne
kalynne

I love spicy, exotic perfumes, especially if it has oud. The smell did not match the description. There's a layer of modern, souless, sweetness that covers any woodiness or possible incense. I'm so disappointed because it was supposed to be all things I love.

hay81hay
hay81hay

this one isn't feminine enough , it could be unisex,
oriental check
incense check
woody check
leather check (at dry down)

similar to Guerlain line, they made such of complex perfume,

in my childhood i was played around a huge pine tree , this kind of pine tree when axe it , its bleeding a glue, so its kind of Resins tree

long story short this perfume remind me the smell of that tree in my childhood

i love it, and i think I'll give it a try to see if it will work with me!

hollycat
hollycat

This scent seemed like a good choice for me to wear today, its been a rather rainy, dreary, day. And I find this scent can be somewhat self-soothing. It opens strong with a spicy woody blast that at first smells like cinamin and wood. As it dries I get a the smokey incense note along with the woods, and that oud note. The spices dont stick around too long. Soon enough this scent dries down very close to the skin, and I think it works for periods of self reflection. This is a scent that I would wear to induce a mood, not one I would wear for others. I like it. But I wouldnt buy a FB. I dont find it versatile enough.

What happened to 10 Corso Como?
I tested years ago in the same store because I used to work very close to it and went dare to test almost everything!
Of course I also tried 10 Corso Como and felt knocked on my head. Strong! Very strong unrefined sandalwood with a special vibe that I would call Indian rather than Italian (where has anyone seen sandalwood trees in Italy?!?)
It smelled to me like a posh styled enigmatic Indian lady or man, quite an expensive design version of a hippie if it makes sense.
Recently I got a few vials and tested again. But what happened? Reformulation? It's much watered down now and smells more vile, much less mystical and tone-up than before.
If you want a glorious sandalwood go for Tam Dao.

Carla
Carla

If you are in search of a fragrance with an Italian attitude, look no further - 10 Corso Como is the one! Being half Italian and very familiar with Italy, I knew I had to get it as soon as it came out. It's a unique perfume with an interesting blend that begins with a very fine sandalwood that marries perfectly with the incense. It immediately creates a spiritual brew which captures the vibes and aura of the sacred Duomo in Milan.

Next, a grandiose blast of geranium accompanied with the essence of rose and surrounded by musk transports you away from the cathedral steps and into the hot spot piazza shopping mecca at 10 Corso Como. At this point you suddenly feel fashion savvy and yes, oh so Italian. But hey it's not over yet, enter the exotic Malay oud-wood oil with all its mystery and seduction and you have now experienced the ultimate fragrance of its kind. It makes you want to scream Encore! The longevity of this fragrance is unbelievable, almost 8 hours if not more.

10 Corso Como is, Gothic and Italian, sexy yet innocent, woody and musky, light yet dark and I can continue on and on with seemingly excessive verbiage about this scent that is so abundant in character. So to break it
down I'll just use a little Italian 101 and say 10 Corso Como is "Tutti Buono"!

adele l
adele l

Actually I love 10 corso como-it's such a clean and strong sandalwood and doesn't remind me of a cedar closet! It is very wearable and the lasting power is incredible- it's perfect for a long shift at work. My boyfriend thinks it smells like ajax but this hasn't dissuaded me.

10 Corso Como by 10 Corso Como 3.63 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about 10 Corso Como 10 Corso Como fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about 10 Corso Como 10 Corso Como, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 10 Corso Como by 10 Corso Como. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 10 Corso Como by 10 Corso Como represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.