Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Calycanthus Acca Kappa for women

Calycanthus Acca Kappa for women
dislike

herbal
Calycanthus Acca Kappa for women Pictures Calycanthus Acca Kappa for women Pictures Calycanthus Acca Kappa for women Pictures

Calycanthus by Acca Kappa is a Floral fragrance for women. Calycanthus was launched in 2003. Top notes are bergamot, grass and neroli; middle notes are jasmine, calycanthus, cyclamen and peony; base notes are peach, orange blossom, honey and musk.

Bergamot Grass Neroli

Jasmine Calycanthus Cyclamen Peony

Peach Orange Blossom Honey Musk

Calycanthus Fragrance Reviews

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

Some don't understand the name Acca Kappa, here some explanation.
It's the SOUND of the intials of Hermann Krull ( the Prussian founder of this brand in Treviso ( 1869 ) in the region "Veneto" where many Prussian forefathers lived since we were 'governed ' by the Austrian-Hungarian-Empire for so many centuries )
The "H" is pronounced 'Acca' , the 'K' as "Kappa"...that's ALL ..
( like in English 'B' is pronounced "BEE" and 'H' .. "ACHE")
This forefather started a tiny barbery ( brushes and shaving-articles still big part of production, sold to trendy barbershops now )and eventually they made EDT/ EDC.

Calycanthus ( NOT the purple summer-flower in Florida ) is a messy skinny tree imported to Venice from CHINA by Marco Polo ( in 1270 he undertook his big voyage to the Far-East through Anatolia, and brought back also spaghetti besides other exotic things ) which became a favorite also in surrounding towns like Treviso, Padova ecc..
So ONLY in VENETO ...the rest of Italy ( also the West-North) doesn't have a clue. Like so many Venetians , we too have it in the garden of my family-home. It flowers only in midwinter, when it's very cold : snow, mist, frost: no flowers at all except this ( ugly) tree which suddenly in january/february starts to flower for a brief time , with tiny, papery flowers. A sweet woody smell, very delicate , and we bring some branches ( very tiny jellow flowers, red at lower insides) inside the home to ornate a vase. Or we give it for Valentine's to someone. Like a promise of affection and the spring much later to come !
It's my favorite flower-smell due to sentimental reasons .
Lately I felt ( again) nostalgic to its smell, so typical of my youth, and I decided to finally B-Buy it ( on my list since long) now that EDT has a good price since their new EDP is just out) And now very surprised because it smells EXACTLY like the real thing. People saying it smells like ( a type of) JASMINE, are wrong. This is NOT a type of jasmine. This is Calycanthus, and ask Chinese people ( read their blogs/reviews) they can say if it's alike . I say it's alike and very natural.

BUT also extremely delicate and weak.
A magical smell, but only for those knowing the real bush. Jasmine-seekers ( of all varieties) better search elsewhere to find something stronger and more jasmin-like.

AneV
AneV

There is a flower called marabillis..mirabillis? I can't remember the exact name. This captures what that flower smells like. they grew wild behind my grandmothers home, as a child my sisters and i would try to thread the flowers to make crowns :). Its pretty expensive (70+ for an Edt) I tried Jessica mcclintok and it's very similar greener and with a little less of a honey note but very similar and WAY more affordable. Its more of a skin scent but depending on the weather it will project nicely, you can also layer with the lotion to get more of a kick.

Henriette
Henriette

An absolute beauty.
Calycanthus is a flower that is very dear to me, it's the sign that winter means no sleep for nature, no gloomy days only, little sunshine, darkness and sadness.
All the contrary.
There's beauty which lies in the eye of the beholder.
Calycanthus is a shy flower, very little, with a wax like texture, of an uncertain yellow upon branches almost bare.
In the heart of winter the beautiful, embracing smell of this tree wraps the air all around.
Intoxicating, but less strong than jasmine.
Sweet and shy, less powering than jasmine.

This scent by Acca Kappa pairs the two giants, calycanthus and jasmine in a lovely dance where you see (smell) them arm in arm with one another.
It's a beautiful mix: the calycanthus gains self confidence and the jasmine becomes less bombastic.
It's a stupendous creation, elegant, magnificent, of a great quality.
If you love calycanthus here it is for you, one of the very few scents featuring this fantastic smell.
If you love jasmine, well, beautiful scent in lovely company.
BEAUTIFUL.

glitterlust
glitterlust

Having sought this out for some time I snapped it up on sale at M&S. At first spray this fulfilled my desires for a calycunthus soliflore (possibly the only one of its kind).

The calycanthus in question is Calycanthus praecox (as pictured on the bottle) more commonly known as Chimonanthus or winter sweet. It smells nothing like the floridus variety (allspice) which is a summer blooming rotting-fruit-floral.

So, it does smell rather a lot like wintersweet: a slightly sweet, green and refreshing white floral. It's a perfect spring morning fragrance as it's refreshing, uplifting. Once the brightness dissipates it becomes a different creature.

At the dry down it imediately brought back fond memories of Comme des Garcons Dry Clean which is cold as stars and just as clean.

This perfume manages to smell both of nature and of the future at once. Magnificent.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Pleasant and fresh. Unfortunately too light for me - it sits very close to the skin. At first I got a smell of something citrusy which settled to a soft jasmine-like scent (but not as heavy). Definately a good choice for summer or spring. But for me, I like my fragrances to be stronger.

Jasmine! That was the first word out of my mouth upon applying Acca Kappa Calycanthus, knowing nothing about this perfume, a small sample of which was kindly conveyed to me by pitbullfriend. She knows that I am an amateur of white flowers, and Calycanthus does not disappoint on that front!

Rich, sumptuous, billowy, white jasmine is the story here really. I'd call it a soliflore, in fact. Lots of other notes are listed, but the jasmine is by far the star of this show. The natural scent of this flower is very appealing to me, and I've found it elsewhere is compositions such as Molinard Jasmin and Montale Jasmin Full. If ever I see a bottle of Acca Kappa Calycanthus (have I ever seen Acca Kappa perfumes anywhere???), I probably won't be able to resist it, either.

In the meantime, for those who cannot find this perfume but pine for it, the same type of jasmine can be had for a very reasonable price from Molinard... This is not Alien jasmine or hedione. This is jasmine jasmine.

tourmali45
tourmali45

At last a blind buy I'm in love with! Perfect summer scent, evoking memories of seaside bliss from my teenage years: first love, moonlit sea and smell of night flowers, acacias, and orange blosoms and still hot air full of mysterious southern smells.
Easy to wear for it's not sweet or heavy, but perfectly light and transparent, almost ethereal.
I'm so very happy to have a big bottle of Calycanthus, now I can't wait for the spring to come!

Kitty48
Kitty48

This was a blind buy for me and I really like it! The top notes (to me) contain a hint of lemon verbena and some geranium, kind of herbal and refreshing. On dry down the honey comes right through, but I don't detect any strong white flower notes anywhere.
All in all I would class this as a summer scent for a hot day, it's sharp and not at all powdery - perfect!

Calycanthus is a beautiful and refreshing interpretation of an old English garden.

My childhood home is built on 4 hectares, 2 hectares being an English garden complete with white gravel paths, archways and a vineyard. Calycanthus takes me back there.

It opens quite strongly with sweet, dewy jasmine and orange blossom. There's also a rather green feel to this fragrance, making it smell like a natural bouquet of flowers rather than a perfume.

As it develops a sweet powderiness begins to show. It doesn't overpower the composition, but it does however give Calycanthus a clean-like quality.

This fragrance is all about sparkling florals and sweet honey. It's not particularly unique, but it is distinctive. A wonderful Spring fragrance in my opinion.

This fragrance is pretty, feminine, fresh and lasting. It may be niche, but Calycanthus is not a fragrance so daring that it can't be worn by perfume novices. I do believe that a majority of people will enjoy this fragrance, one reason being that it's a nicely composed jasmine scent, one that doesn't overpower or turn rancid on the skin.

This is surprisingly attractive scent. It's not complex but very fragrant with strong white floral notes. Calicanthus is not actually listed but the flower has a scent that reminds a lot of thick jasmine. It's kind of an ancient flower in perfumery. This fragrance is very good as a feel good feminine floral smell. Lasting power is average.

sleepyrita
sleepyrita

Calycanthus is a type of plum blossoms which can be found in Italy only. I like the smell of this perfume for more than 6 years. The shops of Acca Kappa were closed in Hong Kong a couple years ago and this brand is resuming to locate Hong Kong again.

Not doubt, the smell of this perfume is so fresh and young and reminds me the lovely left-over smell from laundry. And this is one of the rare white flower base perfumes which I can wear comfortable and smell nice.

Carnelian
Carnelian

I wish I was getting the notes that other folks have. It just smells like a very dry and soapy white floral. I pick up some jasmine, with little sweetness. The soapiness just overwhelmed the other notes for me. And I did not get the honey. Kind of generic as well, it is unlikely I would be able to identify it on someone. I can say that it is both delicate and clean smelling, which may suit some who do not want to offend with the strength of their scent.

9154mf
9154mf

Jasmine and I do not get along unfortunately in most cases, and this is no different. The slightly indolic nature of this (and other jasmine scents) does not make my brain feel good when I sniff. Although this is a relatively light fresh jasmine with some sweetness from the honey, it still doesn't agree with me.

kastehelmi

I found a bargain bottle, I'm going to have it again soon-yes!!!

It's an unusual fragrance-and it has the touch of sharpness and soapiness that most florals will have-but it's unforgettable and it wears so beautifully during the spring and summer!
So I've learned my lesson: If your boyfriend doesn't like your favorite perfume, drop the guy, not the fragrance.

(Well-this isn't my absolute favorite, but it is a beauty-Let's hope my nouveau beau (who has better tastes) will enjoy it as much as I do....)

Malegria
Malegria

An edible jasmine? maybe! It is beautiful and flowery, the essence of jasmine - or, actually, it smells like mock orange to me.It is probably one of the best and well balanced jasmine perfumes, in my opinion. Another amazing quality - it actually becomes stronger during the day, developing the sweet honey underlayer that lingers and lingers.

kastehelmi

This is the most feminine and delicate fragrance I've smelled yet-absolutely beautiful, floral without being sharp, heavy or dusty.Sweet, like eating carambola rather than a mango.

update: My (ex)bf says its smell reminds him of disinfectant I have never disagreed more about a scent with him that about this one. I can see that there is a strength about it, and a very floral fragrance is not for everyone or every day, but I still have to have this one.

I really want to try Glicine...I no longer like this one because it is too sharp.....

lilith
lilith

The Calycanthus is a flower found in Venice which blooms in the heart of winter. Tradition states that receiving this bloom is to be given love and care.
This pretty little wildflower intoxicates the air in Venetian gardens through winter, It reminds you that spring is very close. It's heady fragrance warms your cold skin just like the honey in this version. This bouquet of orange, honey,musk and jasmine does this little flower justice. Acca Kappa have captured the alluring 'pretty' scent in their Calycanthus. The blend is sweet yet exotic and blalanced to create a true sweet floral. The more you inhale this the more it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.Totally intoxicating.....

Calycanthus by Acca Kappa 3.96 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Acca Kappa Calycanthus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Acca Kappa Calycanthus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Calycanthus by Acca Kappa. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Calycanthus by Acca Kappa represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.