Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

dislike

caramel
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures

This unisex perfume introduced in 1999 is full of fresh, aromatic and encouraging notes. Top notes bring us juicy freshness of orange, Sicilian mandarin, bergamot and luminous, bitter grapefruit. A heart is composed of petit grain and cardamom, while a base carries notes of caramel and musk. The perfume is available as 60 and 120ml (2 and 4 oz) edt.

Orange Sicilian Mandarin Bergamot Lemon

Petitgrain Cardamom

Musk Caramel

Eau d'Energie
Accordo Arancio
Agua de Loewe Mediterraneo
Macarena

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri Fragrance Reviews

This is such a nice and fresh citrus scent.
It's like fresh air, so enjoyable to smell. Natural smelling, reminds me of scents from Aqua Allegoria line. It's an easy-going scent, totally suitable for women.
It would be great for summer.

Cyrule
Cyrule

I don't understand the love for this at all. Harsh synthetic, linear orange and citrus. Doesn't have the best longevity, and thank God for that, because the initial blast has an industrial quality, like a mosquito repellent. I have taken into consideration the possibility that it's my skin chemistry, as it does tend to corrupt many fresh fragrances, so I had a woman tried it on. Equally bad.
If you want, you could reference Shay and Blue Blood Oranges, as I did (different goals, but it was the only other orange-centric scent I had). What a difference! THAT is a natural-smelling orange scent. Sadly for me, this is a scrubber.
One last note: I received a sampler of Blue Mediterraneo excluding Cedro di Taormina, and found many to be mediocre. The one exception is Ginepro di Sardegna, which I found to be a sexy male scent ideal for the summer and spring, albeit slightly synthetic. I will try Mandorlo again when a syrupy sweet almond fragrance is more palatable. I will have to purchase a sample of Cedro.

Stella-Maris2
Stella-Maris2

I really like this fragrance but it seems to last minutes on me before settling extremely close to the skin--still lovely, but barely there. It's a warm, clean, fresh orange scent, really uplifting.

Too bad it doesn't last longer on my skin.

Chris.snow
Chris.snow

Just having received this bottle today and trying it out for the very first time despite it being in the depths of Winter, I have to share my initial impressions. It begins with a wonderful burst of wet oranges. Refreshing and uplifting in the extreme. The dry down appears after a few hours and is a soft, sweet musky clean smell that is simply beautiful. I honestly feel emotional over how much I love it. I got GREAT longevity as well. I sprayed it on my hand at about 2 PM and now 10 hours later I can still smell it clearly, even though it's not projecting anymore. It will be perfect on hot humid days this Summer. I will most definitely take it with me on my beach vacation. While it does not have any hint of salt or ocean, it will be perfect for nights out dining on seafood a few miles in land while wearing deck shoes, comfortable shorts, and a linen shirt. Clean, citrusy, and simply beautiful, this scent goes in my hot weather Hall of Fame with Dior Homme Cologne 2013 and Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil

Nathalie xoxo
Nathalie xoxo

A simple fragrance, very fresh and citrusy, a blend of orange and grapefruit. I don't get any other notes than that. Totally different from the sweetness of Atelier Cologne-Orange Sanguine by the way.
Perfect for the summer. On my skin, this fragrance last about 4 hours and it smells the same from start to finish. Because of the bitterness, I find it to be just a little bit more masculine.

smellagent
smellagent

ON MY THIRD BOTTLE OF THIS. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I FEEL JUST LIKE A BIG ORANGE IN A VERY GOOD WAY. NOT SCREECHY NOT CHEMICALLY ORANGEY, JUST LUSCIOUS AND YUMMY BUT NOT GOURMAND. I DON'T GET CARAMEL OR MUSK BUT I SUPPOSE THEY ARE IN THERE TO BALANCE PERFECTLY. IMO GENIUS.

AllieJ
AllieJ

I've had this perfume for over a year and tend to only splash it on when I'm going to the beach or out doing outdoorsy things in hot weather. I had to travel to Miami for work last weekend (I live in LA, so the humidity in Miami feels like trying to walk through a brick wall to me) and realized I smelled like a giant Fruit Loop. Like the cereal. In a good way. I have a small bottle, I would buy a bigger one if I lived in humidity, because it seems to disappear awfully fast in the desert heat and smells a bit different.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

ADP has an amazing line of fragrance's including Arancia Di Capri. This juice as a real zesty orange/ citrus lime/grapefruit aroma. Shortly after the orange notes kick in full gear making it one of the best spring/summer frag's. The second I put this on, my skin feels awaken from the long winter month to the fresh warm vibrante months.
Longivety and Silage moderate...if you layer this juice 2-3x you could extend the aroma up to 6hrs max....
Finally,
Years ago I thought that ADP was overly expensive and not worth spending for a few hours more. Boy was I wrong...since the last 2yrs I own several bottles and they are worth it. It's not just a few hours more but the quality of fragrance with a more depth. This juice is one of the best orange fragrance......brilliant 8/10

arya1900
arya1900

اوایل و تا وسطای کار بوی مرکباتی خوبی داره که با خودش من و به قدیم برد
میدونم اون موقع ها بوش رو زیاد میشنیدم ولی نمی دونم کجا دقیقا! از یه عطر بوده یا صابون یا ..!نمیدونم
از اواسط کار به بعد بوش مصنوعی و مثه رایحه مرکباتی صابونها میشه و دیگه کیفیت قبل - به خصوص موقع شروع- رو نداره
عطر بدی نیست و بیشتر زنونه‌ست

6/10-5

Truly wonderful scent, my new love! It's delicate orange with a bit of mandarin and lemon, fresh, full of grace and harmony. It's like a poem you can't stop reading. Subtle, chic and it reminds me of holiday in sunny countries. And moreover, it's absolutely unisex, everyone who wears it, will smell good!

Agonistes
Agonistes

I love this; I love the smell of orange peel on my fingers after I've just peeled an orange and this makes me smell that for ages, before drying down to a sweet-bitter dried orange juice warmth. The bitter notes, both in the orange and the caramel notes, are surprising but very pleasant and stop this from being too childlike. It's a very sunny fragrance, like the feeling of sun on your skin, that warmth with an edge. It doesn't last forever, but I do love it.

lilalina
lilalina

Great one by AdP. Lovely summer fragrance, a warm citrus perfume. I do think it's more masculine. Better worn by men.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Arancia di Capri unfolds languidly on my skin. It's not the juicy orange pulp, but rather the slightly bitter and aromatic orange rind and pith. The fragrance becomes sweeter over time with the addition of caramel. Fortunately, the combination of orange and caramel here did not turn out like orange hard candy, but instead, the caramel adds a subtle creamy texture along with musk. Combined with aromatic petitgrain, it feels like eating orange creamsicle in an orange grove.

The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 6 hours. Instead of being sparkling and lively like Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, Arancia di Capri as a citrus fragrance is more soothing and comforting, like a languorous sunny afternoon. Although this is not my favourite type of orange interpretation, it's still a very pleasant fragrance for casual wear.

landshark321
landshark321

Fitting very much in the Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo formula of "single note from a single region of Italy," Arancia di Capri is very much focused on the orange, again paired with a typical musk base. I cannot detect some of the other notes listed, except perhaps the bergamot, as as the opening / top is not so strictly a sweet orange, but also something a bit deeper and more bitter, and if only it that respect, it does have some balance, but on the whole, it's a bit too much orange for me without something at least equally as (if not more) interesting to pair it with.

I find the projection to be less than most ADPs, with the longevity about the same. Definitely ideal for casual usage, mainly on warm weather days. In general, not enough here to make me want to buy it--I'm not an authority on orange fragrances, but I imagine there has to be a cheaper near-equivalent. Nonetheless a pleasant, soft, mostly sweet orange scent.

6 out of 10

rumpusraider
rumpusraider

As an EdT in the Cologne tradition, this is simply the finest soft orange fragrance out there. I’ve tried several ranging from TdH to Hermes Papelmousse Rose (I know, Grapefruit), Atelier Orange Sanguine and others but this is far, and by a wide margin, is the best. Longevity is poor on my skin (1-2 hours) but excellent on clothing (I can smell it days later). If you like soft orange then this is the best out there. Yes the journey is short but worthwhile. One of the things I enjoy best about this is the reapplication so the short longevity is not an issue for me.

andabri
andabri

An orange, with the stem and leaves attached. Sweet orange fruit and a little foliage and green wood. Then a layer of sweet, pure, fluffy sugar crystal underneath that gets sweeter as it dries down. It becomes a warm orange sugar crystal scent.

It's beautiful but it's very, very light, and mild. If you're looking for a bright, orange citrus try Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, which is another beauty. They're like siblings of one another, both are beautifully sweet, realistic orange scents, but Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine is the bold, energetic older sibling, and Arancia di Capri is the timid, sweet younger child.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens with sweet and fresh oranges and mandarins, sugary, gourmand. Then grapefruit and more oranges with a bit of a bite, perhaps it is the cardamom that's in the background, counterbalancing the sweetness of the citrus. It's not that clear. The drydown is soapy sweet with a hint of orange juice and musk.

Sillage and longevity are poor on me. All in all, it is a refreshing and comfortable scent, but performance is quite disappointing. I would not buy a full bottle.

lcommisso
lcommisso

This is a very fresh, true to life, citrus scent that lasts maybe 2 hours and fades into oblivion. It says there's caramel and musk. The caramel and musk must have lost their invitation to the party, as there's just orange, with hints of other citrus notes.

I like it as something non-offensive to wear at work. I'm glad I acquired this via swapping (thanks beauty_girl! :-)) instead of paying full price for it.

dsty
dsty

I'm slowly working my way through samples of the entire Blu Mediterraneo line, and this one impressed me the least so far. I still like it very much, but half an hour after spraying it on (generously), I already have to sniff my wrist pretty closely to smell anything. Which is frustrating, because the smell is very nice: a realistic-but-perfumey, subdued kind of orange smell. A restrained orange, I don't know how else to put it. It's slightly sweet and slightly bright, but nothing in-your-face. There's some green/woody notes in the background, but they're not obtrusive either. Just orange harnessed into perfume, joined after a while by subtle caramel and musk, which make it even softer.
I think I would love this enough to buy a bottle, even though I already have Atelier Cologne's Orange Sanguine (which is a sweeter, brighter, more exuberant sister of this one), if only it were a bit more potent. This weak quality might be influenced by the weather, though: it's already full autumn here at the end of august, and I'm scrambling to finish testing all the summer samples I have, so I didn't get the chance to experience this in hot weather. I'll make a note to try again next summer, which will hopefully be longer than this one!

bmirenda
bmirenda

I bought a small amount of this and I'm glad I didn't buy a larger size. I've put it on several times hoping to smell what is described. It starts out with a light citrusy layer but that fades quickly and underneath is a grassy masculine scent that is pretty much what I'm left with. I don't find it light or summery. It's reminds me of something someone elderly would smell like. Very disappointed from acqua di Parma. I still like the original cologne the best

jhitt793
jhitt793

Hyper real citrus scent, marrying the delicately sweet notes of orange and mandarin. Faint hints of lemon offer brightness, however the real star here is the luscious Capri orange. The addition of petit grain and its greenish/woody scent counterbalances the unctuous qualities of the opening citrus. Aromatic cardamom is smartly used here to add a bit of earthy spice to the composition, and easily pairs with the orange. To amplify the sweeter notes of mandarin (as well as the orange), the perfumer adds a touch of caramel. Its inclusion brings a hint of gourmand quality to the fragrance and just the slightest hint of vanilla. Gorgeous in summer, with the hot sun amplifying its beauty. Simple yet effective. (143)

zant
zant

This is a delightful, juicy orange scent. Opens with green, herbaceous petitgrain and a slightly bitter orange note. After about a half hour, the petitgrain fades and I start to pick up on some caramel in the background. It's sweet, but not sugary, and I don't notice any development after the caramel and musk come through. Personally, that doesn't bother me, as I really love the orange/caramel/musk. Reminds me of mandarin oranges.

As pleasant as Arancia di Capri is, I do have 2 complaints.

1) I don't pick up on any cardamom notes at all. I love the combination of orange and cardamom, so that's a bit disappointing.

2) Really lacking in sillage & longevity. They're just not there. For the amount that Acqua di Parma charges, I shouldn't have to glue my nose to my wrist to get a whiff so soon after applying.

I'm enjoying my sample, but will definitely not be splurging on a full bottle.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

The opening is saturated with orange and sweet zingy mandarin. A green herbaceous petitgran carries the citrus notes along for several more minutes before I start to detect the faintest touch of creamy caramel and musk. This is not a gourmand caramel however, rather it provides a texture and balance to the acidity of the opening. I do not smell any cardamom unfortunately.

Nonetheless a mouth-watering summer scent. I just wished it lasted a bit longer.

Lana148
Lana148

First impression: Aromatic bitter lemonade. I can smell lemon, bergamot, orange skins, some grapefruit mixed with basil (although not listed). Very nice, refreshing, unisex summer scent.

osiris5
osiris5

This is a soft and delightful perfume.
It is manly citric perfume that consists of citric-orange related notes. The opening is very refreshing.
In the dry down the citric mixes with the sweetness of the white musk and the caramel. The cardamon is very much on the background.
It is a nice perfume for moist heavy, warm summer days to give y ultimate refreshment. Its longevity is moderate. A nice and refreshing perfume, reminding you of the citric fruit garden.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A delightful scent that is a perfect olfactory impression of oranges. I don't know if these are, in fact, oranges from Capri, but they don't smell like oranges from Florida, so I'm buying the whole Italian pitch. This stuff is great!

Sadly, like 90% of all the fragrances I try these days (and almost 100% of the citrus-based ones) it lasts a hour or two then, pow, it's gone, like the clutch on a Fiat.

Caramel basenotes? No... I don't get any caramel basenotes.

katushka37
katushka37

If you want a clean, refreshing and natural perfume - this is it!

At the beginning I get slightly salty mix of citrus (mainly lemon and bergamot), them sweeter orange comes out. It smells like a basket full of ripe and fresh citrus fruit! I can detect just a hint of caramel and musk but I can't smell cardamom at all.

All ingredients are well blended together and on me it has a fair lasting power (4-6 hours). It doesn't have massive silliage but that's what you want from a clean scent!

marinaw90
marinaw90

Not sure why anyone would want to smell like they've spilt their OJ down their shirt! Bizarre.

Wowie!!! This is gorgeous...ADP certainly know how to do freshness.
These Blu Mediterraneo are magnificent a burst of fruit cocktail oranges, mandarin with a hint of musk and caramel as it matures. Amazing...the perfect scent for a summers day...edible freshness.
I love wearing my samples of this I may just get it when the summer rolls around again.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

The aroma is intoxicating. Fresh oranges, as if you're standing in the middle of a Sicilian orange grove. Makes you feel great! What a way to start your day!

sweet oranges!as every single reviewer has noticed this is very energizing,fresh perfume.it starts with green notes,leading to a delicious sweet aroma.
it's perfect for summer and though it's listed as unisex,I think it's more suitable for women.my only complain it's that it smells a little soapy,but maybe that's a part of this perfumes personality. you can't feel fresh without a hint of citruse soap.

zacahay
zacahay

I hope this is what heaven smells like! Absolutely delicious!!! One complaint would be the longevity, but I don't mind respraying. I cannot get enough if this stuff! If you love orange, this is for you.

5354alice
5354alice

I'm wearing it today, froma tester, and I'm not so much impressed: it smells nice, fruity, but non unforgivable...I can feel orange, orange and more orange! Nothing expecial...a good and summery orange fragrance. After smellinf Fico di Amalfi I was expecting more!!!

kazewayz
kazewayz

Very aromatic, and clean. A nice take on citrus, a nice take on an orangy fragrance. My first thought before smelling this was "I don't like orangy or grapfruity scents." This wasn't like that at all, yes the citrus is there but it is not overwhelming. Great for summer time. It's warm and sticks close to the skin. Try it.

amelie
amelie

Acqua di Parma is remarkably similar to Biotherm's Eau d'Energie, if you can't get it, Biotherm is a good substitute. In fact, although pleasant, there is something artificial in it, the same note that bothered me at Biotherm; of all Acqua di Parma this is perhaps the least original, too ordinary. Fico di Amalfi was the most beautiful to me. This really smells like a cold Fanta.

zoop1
zoop1

a feel good fragrance!! everytime i wear i feel fresh and great. I get a big smile on my face whatever happens. to me this is just perfect!!! the drydown and the lasting power are great on me and i just keep sniffing my wrists or moving my hair to keep smelling it. i don't see it like a walking orange, but as a way to go back to an orange grove, with a view on the seaside. i even spray it before sleeping on hot summer nights!!

There were so many compliments about this one , but I found it way too citrusy and artificial. It was like a very sweet sticky Fanta blast to me mixed with some green and spicy elements that didn't make it a perfume in my view.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Arancia di Capri captures its essence by combining the fresh, crisp top notes of Sicilian orange. Silage is heavy & longevity is moderate.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

Love it! According Barry White: It is maybe winter outside but in my heart is spring - when I wear it! One disadvantage: it doesn't last long

id
id

orange with a greenish spicy accord and a hint of musk. Fresh and relaxing but quite linear on my skin.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I work in a store that sells this, so i know how expensive it is, i was so happy to get one for Christmas, until I smelled it, I can smell oranges, 12 hours of nothing but oranges. Seriously what is the appeal? It last a long time i'll give it that, but I felt like Orange Squash man. I don't get it. 2/5

samgeee
samgeee

Summer scent, winter scent--Who cares?! If I like a fragrance I wear it. I don't proscribe to labels or rules. Granted, I may be a bit biased, as I love anything citrus: key lime pie, lemonade, Mr. Clean... You name it!

Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri has become my signature scent, largely in part because it makes me feel good, it smells good, and for whatever reason, works with my body's chemistry and lasts fairly long. I am basing my review on my experience with the fragrance.

On first spritz I get a smell of freshly cut oranges, which quickly morphs into orange zest. The zesty smell fades slowly and I detect a slight hint of grapefruit--just for a millisecond, followed by the smell of ripe clementines coupled with lemons and limes. I am in citrus heaven!

As the dry down continues the fragrance on my skin changes yet again to something slightly sweeter, like burnt lemon, and orange zest with just a slight hint of sugar. I also detect something slightly green... Coupled with something slightly smoky. I'm pretty sure it must be the cardamom. The citrus is still there hovering in the background like a ninja, waiting to come back to the front of the line.

Later... After the dry down, it smells slightly musky, and somewhat sweeter. The citrus is still there. The only way to describe the way it smells on my skin is if one imagines the smell of a sliced orange with brown sugar spread over it, and to then set it aflame. The smell reminds me of the of creme brulee mixed with oranges.

For whatever reason, the scent lasts 8-9 hours on my skin. I don't have an issue at all with the staying power. I have fairly oily skin, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I sometimes forget I'm wearing it, and later in the day I'll get a whiff of something that smells really good, only to realize that I'm smelling myself! When I embrace someone they always say: "Wow! You smell really good. What is that?, " or "you smell really clean, and sweet." I even had one friend say "you smell like melting candy. Its making me horny." WTF?! ( that was awkward, considering that was coming from my best friends wife)

I like that fact that the scent isn't a loud one. (Well it is pretty strong the first time you spritz) The scent sticks close to the skin, as scents should in my opinion. I am not a fan of scents the appear in the room before you do, or that linger once you're gone.

So! If you like citrus, this is the juice for you. If you don't. You won't!

OH! I have found that if I shower with the Arancia di Capri shower gel and then spritz, it lasts even longer than the 8-9 hours I get. Especially during the summer months. Granted I spritz 4 times in the cool/cold months: both sides of the neck, the back of the neck, and my chest. In the summer I have found that 3 spritzes is sufficient.

Upon donning Acqua di Parma BLUE MEDITERRANEO ARANCIA DI CAPRI, I thought immediately of Bond no 9 LITTLE ITALY, which was launched a few years later but smells remarkably similar to me. I don't think that this is a case of plagiarism, it's just that when you blend a certain assortment of pleasing components together, they are going to end up smelling very similar. In this case, there is a touch of woodiness and sweetness along with the tart citrus, primarily orange. It is the sweetness and the lack of greenness which sets these compositions apart from probably the most famous orange cologne: Hermès EAU DE COLOGNE ORANGE VERTE and its cousin, the CONCENTREE.

I am baffled by one strange disparity: the Acqua di Parma orange cologne seems to be loved by many people, while LITTLE ITALY has a fair number of detractors. To get to the bottom of this, I decided to do a direct side-by-side of the two fragrances, to ascertain whether my memory was perhaps playing tricks on me. In fact, I discovered that ARANCIA DI CAPRI and LITTLE ITALY are indeed phenomenologically very similar to my nose, but with a couple of differences.

LITTLE ITALY is brighter and a touch less sweet, and it features primarily clementine, while the dominant citrus in ARANCIA DI CAPRI seems to me to be closer to oranges. Believe it or not, I can speak ex cathedra about such distinctions, because my father (who lives in the Deep South) regularly sends me shipments of fruit from his citrus grove. My latest box contained clementines, satsumas, and oranges, along with kumquats. So I know my citrus and feel confident in making these claims.

A further difference is that the Bond no 9 is also quite a bit stronger (although its longevity is not fantastic, it's better). Both compositions offer about the same timbre of citrus ensconced in a resinous and light woody base. They both smell great--but only if you love citrus of the orange variety!!!!

My conclusion is that some people just have a deep-seated resentment, verging sometimes on hatred, of Bond no 9.

For myself, I'd be happy with either of these fragrances, but I certainly don't need both, because they do smell very similar to me. The Bond no 9 is more expensive, if you buy it at MSRP, but testers can be had, and the longevity is much, much better than that of ARANCIA DI CAPRI.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Yep, people have said it- this is The Walking Orange scent!

Petit grain and herby tones complete to boot, I know this would work only in very hot weather, but sadly not everyone gets to live on a Tropical beach!

It's not bad, just so so. But factoring in price, is another matter lets say.

Another orange-herby thing.

5/10.

9-na
9-na

A present. I liked it, and it was a 12h+ scent on me. Orange and things green, and freshness, and the wind, and the sun. Summertime it was.

sparris
sparris

Smells nice for the first moments after applying, then reminds me more of what the air would smell like if someone peeled and ate an orange at the desk next to mine. Nice, but not necessarily something I would want to wear. Then for the next quarter-hour it dries down into a soapy nothing with something vaguely unpleasant at the bottom, I think this one turns on me.

No musk whatsoever, perhaps I'm simply one of those people who cannot pick it up.

mufidal
mufidal

I think the scent follows the notes very much - it opens up very fresh an sparkeling - both madarin, orange and grapefruit are very visible - then you notice the cardamom and the caramellie, sweet bottomnote is obvious! Very nice, but I agree that it lasts to short!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

A very crisp orange peel opening with lemon zest and grapefruit rind. Very refreshing and uplifting. I would definately say it is energetic and perfect for the summer. The downside is it dries down to a whisper and fades to nothing very quickly. I do not detect the caramel note on myself. I got to say I was a little too hasty with the initial impression and review. I have since sprayed 6 heavy sprays and a good 4 hours + later this is still smelling quite strongly. It stays very citrusy on clothes and lingers around a while. Still needs a re application into the night as it doesn't last forever but the fragrance is quality.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Arancia di Capri is the summer holiday fragrance I had been looking for for so long!
It's just fresh orange juice, not bitter, not sour thanks to caramel...but not sweet either! The perfect orange fragrance so far! I love it so much that I've also bought the body cream.
Of course longevity could be better, but I think the purpose of Blu di Mediterraneo fragrances is to give you instant comfort and refreshment. To me it's as if I were strolling in an italian countryside in summer, early in the morning.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

The smell of fresh oranges,ripe from the sun,morning
dew still lingers,and ripe for picking!The hint of
caramel lingers in the background,so it never becomes
too sharp.One of the best citrus scents I have encountered.Not many levels of depth though,fairly linear,
and sadly,does not last too long.Enough said of the
downside,I love it!This is my go-to summer scent,
perfect for hot humid weather,just take the bottle
with you for touch ups.

floof
floof

Tangerines/mandarin indeed. A hint of caramel. Very short lasting, but beautiful!

AveParfum
AveParfum

For being soooooo orange, I rather like this the scent of this perfume (while it lasts). I was disgusted by Guerlain's orange Aqua Allegoria fragrance, but Arancia di Capri is a lot cleaner and fresher somehow. It's also extremely linear. I was excited to wait for the dry-down, but after 20 minutes of pure orange, the fragrance simply began to disappear entirely.

xabaras
xabaras

I somehow don't get it. It starts with a very sharp alcoholic smell of orange, which I expected to perceive crispy and fresh but which is in reality sweet and overpowering. And it becomes even sweeter after a while. It becomes very old granny on my skin, and the musk at the drydown which should be soothing and sexy just seems too much and nauseating.
I am sorry, I just don't get it. To me it's just boring and smelling like any other 1000 fragrances. I like all the other Blu Mediterraneo varieties, and I am sad I don't like this one.

saga
saga

Bought it, love it but it does not last. A pity.

spoombung
spoombung

Delightfully fresh and fruity... but oh dear... gone without a trace in under 10 minutes.

Good idea, badly engineered.

Go for the Hermes Un Jardin series if you want fruity fragrances that last.

semj
semj

This is amazing. I was out camping, and I really dont like to wear fragrance whilst in nature. But after a few hot sweaty days and no shower I had to do something. A little sample was produced out of the bag. Crisp citrus cologne the first few minutes. I wasnt expecting much so I forgot about it. Hotter and hotter became the day and sweatier became I. Then I caught a whiff..........it was me. A musky, sweet caramel without being cloying. I really cant describe this scent but for hot hot weather its unique..........

mvisa
mvisa

I think this cologne is very pleasant, it makes me want to compare it with Clinique Happy but they are very different, Happy seems to smell much more like an Orange but this one really smells like mandarines.

The only downside I thought, is that it does not seem to last at ALL!

I wear it, and when I smell my arm 10 minutes later I can barely smell it, I doubt it even last an hour overall, I doubt anyone has noticed it on me therefore I doubt I will purchase it once I no longer have any.

Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri, like many others in this line, has captured the exotic Summery-ness of far-away lands through the use of citrus and oceanic undertones.

While I do like this fragrance, the continuous use of citrus in so-called essential Summer scents does get boring at times.

Opening with sour lemon, juicy orange and sharp grapefruit, Arancia di Capri has that all-too-familiar acidic juice smell, that while refreshing, never seems to interest me.

The citrusy quality is a definite mood-lifter, however it often brings me down due to its inability to agree with my skin chemistry. Arancia di Capri unfortunately was not made for me. I have similar issues with Fico di Amalfi, D&G Light Blue and Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien.

On any other person I would probably like this fragrance, especially if the orange decides to dominate over the sharp grapefruit note. I didn't pick up the caramel on my skin, however once again it may shine on another's chemistry.

I wanted this fragrance to develop some more, yet unfortunately the lasting power was quite weak. I have noticed that many others experience the same problem.

It may be a unisex scent, but I see it as more of a feminine fragrance due to its slight sugary-ness. On the right person, in the most idealistic Summer weather, preferably humid, Arancia di Capri is most recommended.

Sissi
Sissi

What do you get when you mix Brown sugar
pure Cain sugar and Oranges you'll get
Arancia di Capri with it's juiciest citruses of the coast of Mediterranean
islands into an 2.oz bottle of pure enjoyment. I love the top notes of citruses and intoxicating grapefruit and
dries to an powdery finish of bergamot.

And i thought to myself if you love the citruses are composed well in this scent
why do you just like it? i think i know why it's the Petit grain with it's greenish muskiness that can be overwhelming in this scent but that's my only complant. but i love the drydown
consist or cardamom with it's spiciness
and surprising the sweet note of Caramel. sometimes with fragrances
your'll get surprised if an simple bottle you'll think nothing excited but
with one spray it's artistry in a bottle. Big things comes in Small Packages.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I like it very much! very orange - yes, but it doesn't smell like a drink, it's not sweet, and I would classify it as a fresh citrus scent; very unisex, nice and refreshing. Doesn't last long on me, but the scent is lovely))

ElenaLondon
ElenaLondon

The most sensual long-lasting citrus aromatic I have ever come across, refreshing and relaxing at the same time.
It is creamy and musky and "edible"(caramel and cardamom are very pronounced all the way through this fragrance develops) . But it is not that type of gourmand scent you would imagine a-la Femme Fatale wearing. It is not pompous but not casual.

Think of what you gonna wear for an evening meal while on holidays in a hot climate. Something smart , comfortable , light ( as a rule natural materials linen or cotton) , effortlessly chick therefore noticeable. Arancia will be THE perfect perfume for such an occasion .

Though all ingredients are not unusual and I'd even say common in perfumery , their combination makes this citrus fragrance outstanding, remarkable and recognizable for its unique composition of ordinary high quality natural components.
This is a fragrance for a person who embraces life with its ups and downs and doesn't have "I am bored" in his/her vocabulary.

mal23
mal23

This scent you can really smell the orange and mandarin which is nice for the summer. This is Blu Mediteranneo's lighter scent that I can see women liking more than men. Over a casual orangy type scent worth 7.5/10 score.

guest_Anna
guest_Anna

"This unisex perfume introduced in 2009.... was launched in 1999"??????
Is this some mistake or what, i think this is not new perfume?

frangipani
frangipani

I got a sample of this but think it definately swings more towards a masculine fragrance. It is lovely but not quite for me.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Really enjoying this fragrance, it's a lot of fun and smells like your drinking it! I completely agree with all the previous comments. WELL DONE everyone!.

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

Love this one! I'm on my second bottle -definitely one of my go-to fragrances for summer.

I often layer it with Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediteranneo MANDOROLO Di Sicilia, which to me has a slight root beer smell (sound weird, but it's really nice in hot weather). Layering also makes it last a lot longer.

Boggi
Boggi

I agree with coco. I smells like fanta or a wonderful natural lemonade. The fragrance really sets me in a good mood.

I tried it from a tester yesterday. I am not the typical fresh fragrance lover, but I feel the need to apply it again today! Makes you long for warmer days.

It's not very long lasting, so bring the bottle with you.

Suseken
Suseken

I love it,it smells like holidays in Italy.

coco76
coco76

wow, first whiff is like really strong orange fanta...makes you thirsty! the orange lingers for awhile, not smelling overly sweet but very orangey...the dry down is quite nice and soft. if you like orange or citrus smells definetly give this one a try.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.