Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana Acqua di Parma for women and men

dislike

herbal

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are rosemary, basil, grapefruit, sage and petitgrain; middle notes are pine tree, coriander, lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and cardamom; base notes are cypress, silver pine, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Rosemary Basil Grapefruit Sage Petitgrain

Pine Tree Coriander Lavender Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Cardamom

Cypress Silver Pine Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna
Aeroplane

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana Fragrance Reviews

lilalina
lilalina

Definitely NOT unisex. Very masculine, Vintage... Very nice aromatic scent. I believe it has been discontinued..

periquito89
periquito89

This was my first Acqua di Parma, and still the only one I own a full bottle. I remember that first I wished it could be a bit less bold on aplication, but I don't mind it anymore, the scent isn't actually heavy in anyway. I like the green tone of it, feels natural to me and with a good balance of those green notes, which are of my liking. Unfortunatelly, has an average longevity, around 4 hs and then becomes essentially a skin scent. No doubt is the most masculine Blue Mediterraneo I know. Discontinued by now ":¬/.

dsty
dsty

I've tried the majority of the Blu Mediterraneo line by now, and so far there hasn't been a single one I didn't at least like. Cipresso di Toscana is no exception: it's great, very natural-smellig, more aromatic and herbal than woody, even a bit spicy as it dries down. Actually quite succesful in evoking a hot summer's day in a coniferous forest full of herbs!

There's only one problem, which isn't really a problem since it's been discontinued, more like a relief: it's not quite unisex enough for my taste. Of course there's no gender to smells, and I only really dislike uber-masculine fragrances with their macho in-your-face vibe, which this one definitely isn't guilty of: it's rather subtle, and very nice. But it is does lean more towards the clasically masculine, which means I think I'd appreciate this more on somebody else than on myself.

Ferrogamo2015

Overall 4/10

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A herbal legitimate.
Original with a very natural cypress, dense and invigorating herbal woody scent, while the middle crunchy spicy with a touch of rosemary, and of course, green with pine and these previous tones.
Refers to a forest,pine and cipress give this sensation of walking in the mountains but the citrus with ADP dna also near the sea, something hard to imagine but maybe it should really be the Italian coast.
Bravo!

Rating: 8,5-9/10

Redbeard
Redbeard

I recall this being very weak, but I wanted to give it a fair shake again. Initially, I'm getting a lot of coniferous notes, but it's been sweetened and tamed by the addition of fruity notes that seem all too reminiscent of men's designer fruit fragrances. Even a bit of the old dreaded melon is here, and our old friend the Curve ass-leather note, all over synthetic woods. This is very disappointing, and to me seems very uncharacteristic of a respected niche line like AdP (not that any of their others have impressed me very much!). As the base approaches, I'm presented with the same cheap cherry/wood scent as the new version of Dunhill, which to me just feels like an easy cop-out. The sweetness isn't strong, but it's too full of fruits and honey, and ends up being no better than what you'd find in a run-of-the-mill designer scent. It has a bit of the "moneyed" vibe that their Colonia Intensa has, and that helps a bit, but overall I just don't find it to be worth the niche price or the niche brand. Geir does it better, and stronger. Looks like I better move on to their Fig one!

katariina9
katariina9

Having just unwrapped my hard-to find CdT, I felt very intrigued. I had smelled and fell in love with it couple of years ago, and wasn't sure I still liked it today. But since I was looking for herbal summer scent transporting me back to Italy, i kept my eye on eBay for a month and finally got my hands on it.

Having sprayed it first, it really smells masculine (i'm a lady who appreciates a few 'pour home' scents, but leaves more alpha male ones for my BF), but in a beautiful fresh just-out-of shower way. I detect pine citrus and rosemary, and yes, perhaps the very first impression is shaving foam, but an expensive and non-offencive one. However, it lasts very shortly, after just a few minutes it transforms into a cloud that can be described as aromatic awesomeness of herbs and salty seawater.

Although pine and cypress are still there, they form the canvas instead of dominating. I detect lavender and rosemary, sage, perhaps a little coriander, but no cardamom or flowers. Despite of not being fruity, CdT is on the juicy side, I wouldn't say its a dry pine scent. and - let me say again - it is very aromatic, like a garden of lush herbs in midsummer sunshine that come together in perfect harmony. Its warm and smooth, hides under your skin and blends with your natural body scent.

When its settles further, i detect more cypress (not as sharp as pine) and musc, or perhaps thats patchouli that i also love, but mostly on men. As a rule, I love woody scents, especially pine, and herbal notes as well as vetiver and patchouli base, so it does tick all the boxes for me. At the same time I admit, CdT is more masculine and feminine. Now I'm very intrigued to see whether i manage to pull it off:).

p.s. it stays close to the skin, but staying power is good for summer EdT,4 h aromatic bliss.

Lana148
Lana148

Complex and simple at the same time. Beautifully composed mix of intoxicating cypress, citrus & dry herbs. This fragrance has natural, earthy feel to it. I think it is more on a masculine side though. Love it!

alchimia72
alchimia72

I heard it's discontinued. Really difficult to understand. What a pity.

drkool_phd
drkool_phd

It's hard to believe that this has been discontinued. I saw a few bottles for sale about 6 months ago, and now I wish I had taken action and bought one then. This perfume reminds me of growing up in the late 80s and early 90s. I was still a boy, my olfactory receptors were brand new, and everything smelled interesting. I typically hate these sporty, soapy fragrances, but there's something special about this one. May the house of Acqua di Parma be destroyed for discontinuing it! Bastards!

drouhin
drouhin

Definitely on the masculine side of unisex. I think I'd like it on a man, but it's a little too coniferous for me.

riolux
riolux

This was my favourite in the Blu Mediterraneo line, but by the looks of it, it's discontinued?

Great, great summer scent.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Fantastic cypress smell with herbs. I've been grown up in a country where cypress is very common and indeed, the smell of this fragrance gives this smell of air passing through cypress.
I consider it a very nice and natural smelling perfume. The longevity is so and so according to others but i'm not in a position to determine this now. Definitely, a perfume for summer first and all year round for those who do not like heavy artilery perfumes.
I cant see a woman wearing this as the odour of cypress is more or less, masculine...and this is it! it is a masculine perfume for men that reminds pino sylvestre somehow but CDT is much more quality fragrance. These that wear pino sylvestre, should try this, it goes in the same way.

opeope
opeope

This is one of my favorites. Complex, yet fresh, invigorating and a bit sporty. I have not seen it in the shelves anymore, the design of the bottles of the "blue line" has changed. Is this really discontinued? What a shame if it is!

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

CIPRESSO DI TOSCANA its the best one from the blu line !! a sophisticated an masculine cologne that goes perfect for the fall an winter seasons it makes you feel like your standing in the mountains of tuscany feeling the breeze of grapefruit notes blended with pine cypress an lavender this is a cologne that makes you stand out from the rest an will get you compliments,,one of the top ones in my list.

Grottola
Grottola

Very sharp cypress/pine/conifer scent. Doesn't last very long, but if you love pine smells, then this is even pinier than Pino Silvestre. As for me, I'm very finicky about coniferous fragrances unless they're done a certain way, so this one doesn't really work for me. It's not terrible, though.

altr01
altr01

I have heard that this is being discontinued. Please, someone, tell me this isn't true as it is one of my signature scents - or tell me where I can still get it!

hanazq
hanazq

So fresh and peace, like it so much. Though a little masculin pour moi, je l'ai donne.. I think maybe I will buy another bottle, the smell reminds me of the lovely summer time..

AveParfum
AveParfum

I like this scent because it smells so natural and so real. It smells just like cypress trees, and if you really inhale deeply into your skin, you should be able to smell some soft florals and aromatics, but they are disguised so well that this easily passes as a unisex fragrance. My concern with it is that trees sometimes give off a faint scent that reminds me of body odor. Like I said, this fragrance smells very natural...maybe a tad too much for me...but I'm debating it and want to test it again.

This is a nice citrusy scent that seems genuine. For me citrus isn't the right thing but this scent at least is really nice. It's not like a house cleaner or toilet spray but really like you expect a scent with cypress to smell.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

This does not smell very impressive in the bottle but amazing on. Like a freshly showered well-groomed man who has just brushed his teeth. It's classy, refined, complex, minty, and clean. Yum.

This is not one of the best Duchafour's creations but I like it anyway. The opening is tremendously green and crispy, in a very good way to my nose. Invigorating, fresh and almost intoxicating. It evolves right away into a very clean and tonic summer/day fragrance with basil, musc and pine. I live in Tuscany where we have Cypress as our regional Tree and I can say TC evocates perfectly the countryside landscapes of my region. I agree with some other reviewers who says it gets a bit "perfumery" in the drydown, but nothing disturbing or changing the idea I have about TC. A gentle, clean scent and a good alternative to anonimous aquas.

Rating: 7.5-8/10

semj
semj

This is the least favourite of Acqua di Parma. I agree with sf2explus that it smells like shaving foam.
I think that its more suitable for men than women. It is not offensive and I am not dying to scrub it off, but it just doesn't get me excited.

When in search of a Summer scent, the contents of these sea-blue bottles seem to be just what you've been looking for.

I almost wrote off Cipresso di Toscana based upon the opening, which to my nose was a typical citrusy lemon and grapefruit fragrance with not much depth. However once settled, this fragrance transformed into something in which its beauty is difficult to describe.

The scent is warm, somewhat herbaceous, sweet, soothing and woodsy. The citruses vanish in a matter of seconds when applied to the skin, making way for a beautiful blend of lavender, pine, jasmine, cypress and patchouli.

Cipresso di Toscana is distinctively unisex, there is enough versatility for this to wear well on both men and women. Some say that this fragrance reminds them of nature and the Mediterranean. I've personally never ventured there, however I do feel as if this fragrance transports me to a picturesque island covered in pine trees, exotic flora and surrounded by clear, sparkling blue seas.

I find this fragrance to be very complex, hence the reason why I enjoy it so much. The absence of harsh citrus and strong fruity accords, places this fragrance in a unique category for a Summer scent.

This fragrance lasted a great while on my skin, and not for one second did I consider this fragrance too masculine for my tastes.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I have the image of greek summer by smelling this stuff.Passing through the beautiful pine trees with the car and smelling the divine aromas coming from the forrest along with the beautiful sea breeze.

actiasluna
actiasluna

Have read many reviews that complain about the longevity of the Blu Mediterraneo line (not here though)... and my own experience is that I keep forgetting I'm wearing it until I move and then the scent floats up and reminds me... gently, as though it had to catch up to me and nudge me. Makes me smile and lasts a good long while (the entire work day for me.)

Aalia
Aalia

Sea water..the first sensation at very first sprinkle is of sea water! I love how Acuqa di Parma has such natural tendencies ( in the only 2 that I have tested). Another enjoyeable facet of this perfume is that the florals are just enough, never too forward or sweet, and there are so many individually distinguishable notes-and so many perfectly blended and meshed combinations of scents here. I do love unisex perfumes, this one leans towards masculine. I think it is the lavender, sage, petit grain, all combining together, and then, the added zing of pine and sometimes cypress, that makes it so manly. However, the cardamon here is not so strong, neither the patchouli. The sillage is medium to high, the lasting power is long and excellent. (The spicy notes last forever during the dry down). Highly enjoyable, leafy, herbal, fresh, a bit of a voyage in a bottle.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

This is a fresh, herbal unisex fragrance and was gentler than I expected. The cypress scent is subtle, and while first, that disappointed me (love the in your face cypress of Tom Ford's new cypress), the lovely basil and trace of jasmine won me over. This would probably be a great shower gel too.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is very nice soft cologne. At first it's very like shaving foam kinda smell (more masculine) on me (Very nice and refreshing). But it changes fast and leaves aroma of definitely pines with some flowers and weeds. It makes me think of beach at first. Later it reminds me of park in a small city where cypresses grow. After 2 hours I can detect lavender pretty good. It's refreshing and calming. In dry down I also feel cypress (We have those around here, I remember I used to rub and smell it) there with pines. Lasting power is awesome for edt. Bottle color and look is absolutely one of my favs. I was craving to try those, but didn't know we had them in store. We have, but unfortunately only this one.

imgcas
imgcas

Green and fresh fragance in which I get the notes of pinetree, lavender, cypress, vetiver and cedar.
This is a good scent for women and men, but I think there is something traditionally masculine in it.
Given that I enjoy woody fragances a lot, I could wear it easily in spring and summer, but I don't decide it it's full bottle worthy or if I could pass with some samples.

mariotgomez

Blue Mediterraneo collection from AdP is a collection where the ingredients are a combination between "essences and emotions, awaking a pleasant feeling of well-being."

Recently added to my collection, Cipresso di Toscana is a fragrance that is invigorating to the scenses.

This is a beautiful blend of green notes: clary sage, basil, pine w/floral notes of lavender & jasmine. As this fragrance warms down, the cypress, pine & cedar notes develope nicely.

If this is what the gentle rolling hills of Tuscany smell like, I will need to plan my next escape there (in time).

Boggi
Boggi

To me this is the essence of nature, or at least a essence of the forrest. I have not had the luck to go to Toscana to smell the Cypress, but you can find some of these plants in the Norwegian flora too, that's why I think of the forrest (in summertime). With all aromas from treas and flowers floating in the air..

I would love to wear this one, but even more I would love to smell it on a man. Is a wonderful fragrance, with only natural notes.

coco76
coco76

what a beautiful fragrance...at first spritz i thought definetly more of a masculine smell but then as it dried down a very comforting warm fragrance. quite lovely and sophisticated.

mariotgomez

When I put this fragrance on, my partner and I were trying to figure out what two fragrances this reminded us of. It is a perfect blend of Prada: Infusion d'Iris + Acqua Di Parma Colonia Absoluta. If I did not already own those two, this fragrance would be one I would be purchasing.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.