Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

almond
nutty
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia was presented in 1999 as an oriental-floral unisex fragrance.

The top notes bring the touches of Sicily with sweet freshness of bergamot, united with Frangipani flower, orange blossom, green almond, and star anise. The heart introduces the notes of white peach, coffee grains and white jasmine. The base is composed of velvety and powdery Bourbon vanilla, light musk, cedar and milky warm sandal wood. It is available as 60ml and 120ml EDT.

Green Almond Star Anise Bergamot Orange

Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Fragrance Reviews

dsty
dsty

This was the first fragrance in its category I ever consciously smelled. I got a sample of it by coincidence right at the beginning of my perfume craze, in the beginning of this year, and it blew me away. Back then I didn't really have a clue about my own taste, I thought I was only into fresh citrus scents, maybe with some exceptions, but I thought I'd hate this, that it'd be too heavy and too sweet for me. Instead, I loved it; and that made me realise my taste was a whole lot broader than I thought, a new world opened before my eyes, and I've been exploring it ever since.

So Mandorlo di Sicilia will always have a special place in my heart, and now that I've used up two samples it's definitely going on my wish list, although half a year later I'm not 100% as crazy about it as I was at first, maybe because I've tried some other almond scents that I love even more in the mean time. But it is lovely: delicious, comforting, sweet almond and vanilla all the way through, but with depth to it.
I especially enjoy the heart and drydown, when this nutty sweetness is the focus of the scent, with something woody thrown in; delicious wafts of this keep reaching my nose and improving my mood all day. There's something about the opening I don't really like; it's not as sweet then, and it must be the mix of fruit and sweet notes that doesn't really work for me, what some reviewers have called "root beer" maybe. After a while, though, as it gets sweeter, I remember what made me fall for it in the first place every time.

For me this is a fall/winter scent. I can see why others have called it a "summer gourmand", it's not as heavy as some others, but I think it's warm and cozy enough to work at its best in cold weather. The few times I've worn it in the summer, I liked it less; the vaguely unpleasant first stage lingered longer. In cold weather, it's barely there at all.

MarillaV
MarillaV

A gorgeous summer gourmand that manages to be both sweet and yet cold and fizzy. This truly smells like a creamy root beer float, the kind with vanilla bean ice cream. The opening notes are cold and slightly fizzy like when you open a root beer. It develops with more and more creamy almond and vanilla and dries down to a gentle sandalwood-type of base note.

The only problem with this little gem is the longevity. It lasts a few hours at best, although I have managed to extend it a bit with the use of the matching lotion. I do recommend the lotion as it is moisturizing, yet absorbs well without being greasy. The combination of the lotion and the fragrance means I can get about 5-6 hours. By the end it is a skin scent.

Some may not believe it is worth it, but I haven't smelled anything like it before. It is also perfect for the summer and contains vanilla, which is also difficult to find. A lovely discovery!

goldenfire5
goldenfire5

Mandorlo di Sicilia opens as a fizzy cream soda with a touch of orange and anise. It's quite airy and light in the beginning, and then sweetens as it floats down to earth as a vanilla almond with a touch of peach and the slightest hint of coffee.
I do like this, but I am frustrated that I have to bury my nose into my skin to smell it. I am testing from a sample, so it might project more with good sprays from a full bottle.

Germany

Starmerj, what a good review , totally agree with you , this is a great airy summer scent , like a fluffy summer gourmand so to speak. Very natural smelling and my favourite of the Medi line , although that whole line is fabulous in my opinion. Mandorlo is the sweetest of this line , but I love sweet in the summer , it's not a heavy sweet. That's the catch!

starmerj
starmerj

I'm quite surprised to see so many people saying that this doesn't belong in the Blu Mediterraneo line because it's not "summery enough".
This, to me, is a perfect fragrance for people who don't particularly enjoy wearing overly fresh citrus scents.
I'm one of those people and that's why I love wearing this in hot weather!

This is a lovely, sweet almond & vanilla scent that's freshened up slightly with a bit of fruitiness.
It's not at all overpowering and lasts quite a long time on my skin. It never jumps off the skin, but it remains noticeable when people come close to you.

To me, the overall vibe of this fragrance is a kind of "glorified sun tan lotion" scent. I mean that as a positive. There's nothing cliché about this though.
It's quite gentle. It's undoubtedly unisex. It's very inoffensive and easy to wear.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about this scent that reminds me of the summer time. I've loved wearing it for the first time this summer and I plan to always have a bottle handy in the summer time.
I can perhaps see why people might think this is a cold weather fragrance, but I just don't think it has enough warmth for that.

If you're on the look out for a summer scent that isn't your typical "fresh" citrus smell, you should definitely check this out!

jhitt793
jhitt793

Not being a huge fan of gourmand based fragrances, Mandorlo di Sicilia is my least favorite amongst the Blu Mediterraneo collection by Acqua di Parma. Heavily scented with almond, vanilla and star anise. It takes on an almost root beer quality. I'm sorry if I don't find it pleasant to smell of root beer soda, but unfortunately that's all I could appreciate in this fragrance. (146)

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

This is lovely. Just sweet and wonderful lovely. Not garish, very sweet and a small lingering trail. Ladylike sweet as opposed to teenager sweet. Great fragrance for a new mom

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This is a firm favourite with me. I absolutely love it. Nothing synthetic. Just a heavenly, delicious combination of notes and very natural. A unique scent that I find comforting in a way. My boyfriend likes it too.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I had high expectations for this one, but I was so disappointed. The notes looked promising, but unfortunately this fragrance did not turn out the way I expected.

The opening is the most bearable part. I could detect a peach note with significant sweetness. As it dries down, a sickeningly sweet almond note joins the mix. I didn't like the opening, and I hated the dry down. It smelled like a generic fruity women's perfume, which just didn't do it for me. It reminds me of Givenchy Pi because of the almond, but the sweetness in this one is out of control. I'll take Pi over this any day of the year.

I will give it points for performance. It last for a good amount of time, which is definitely needed for a summer fragrance. It also has excellent projection, but that's not necessarily a good thing when it comes to this particular fragrance. It is very cloying, and I could imagine this giving people headaches in the summer.

If you are a fan of sweet and fruity scents for the summer, definitely check this one out. But, I am warning anyone who hasn't tried this, it is extremely sweet.

Niche or designer, this gets a thumbs down from me.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Reminds me of "Opium Pour Homme" minus the pepper and with an added almond note.

Since I was expecting something fresh, this didn't strike me as even being in the same category as the other Blu Meds. It's rather sweet and sticky, the tolu balsam and vanilla give it that root beer feel. I imagine it would be quite cloying in hot weather.

Lana148
Lana148

Concentrated, sweet root beer!.... And I actually like it a lot. Perfectly suitable for men, if you are not afraid to smell a bit sweet. Fun, unique, casual, almond-milk-cocoa-vanilla gourmand, the best for cooler weather.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I am sure I will get down voted for my semi-non-review, I just wanted to say, despite the comments I had not prepared for just how sweet this was. I think this might possibly be the second sweetest fragrance I have ever smelled...I could practically hear my dentist recoil when I applied this!!
Don't get me wrong, it is well made and quite balanced for what it is, but wow, I was NOT prepared for the sweetness of this!
It reminds me of those sweetened almonds you can buy in France (and presumably other places too), not your stadard sugared almonds in pastel colours, no these ones are roasted in some kind of caramel syrup which adheres to and permeates the almonds, so there is barely any nut flavour left just sweetness.
If you like sweet gourmands with a hint of almond you will love this!
As for me..I can appreciate a well made scent but I don't think it is for me...I will give it a couple more goes because it is clearly well done, but I have been in fear of wasps all day!!

UPDATE - this is really growing on me, I have been testing from my sample and I think now I am over the shock of the sweetness I really rather like this.

samloves

Just yummy! Very almondy to start then the vanilla kicks in and it gets all warm and cosy.A true gourmet last ages not sure about projection. I'm definitely going to buy it very soon.
Someone further down wrote orange marzipan and that is a very good description, i knew i was getting a citrussy bit in the dry down but couldnt describe it but now i know what it is. Beautiful stand out from the crowd scent.

Gazo30
Gazo30

If you know what hubba bubba bubble gum smells like, well this is that bottled! its good quality, lasts well, not the best acqua di parma iv'e tried but certainly not bad! 100% don't blind buy it if you can help it, id certainly recommend you try it!!

LONGEVITY: 7/10 6-8hrs on me

SILAGE: 6/10 pretty decent but mainly close

VALUE FOR MONEY: 6/10 certainly good quality but other options are out there

OVERALL: 6.5/10 Good quality but maybe not to everyone's tastes

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Interesting scent. Hard to describe but here goes nothing....sweet, creamy vanilla, almond milk and the softest 'air' of coffee without any bitterness. Almost like you're standing in a cupcake shop while a pot of coffee is brewing and you are eating a peach. Weird I know, but that's how it smells. Stays close to skin and remains subtle and sweet throughout. Nice, but not for me.

topdogrwd
topdogrwd

I am amazed how this fragrance is hyped ... seriously to me it smells like bubblegum and I had to come here and post my review so that peeps dont make a blind buy based on user review .. some reveiwers have described it close to bond no 9 new harlem but no where its close to that and yes dont even think to wear it as date scent.. u will smell bubblegum and yes this is my first reveiw which I hve forced myself due to the bogus hype created by frag community and dissapointment which comes with itI

AMAZING !
Oh wow!!!! How did I know this would be on my top shelf before I even smelled it. I blind bought this as all the notes are so good to me. ...and I have seldom been let down by aqua di Parma .
I was extremely impressed when I first sprayed it and immediately in love with it. It went strait up to the top shelf and I can't imagine it will leave there any time soon. This is quite sweet, airy star anise with almonds and vanilla. The orange and peach are a well done feature to this fragrance and so is the musk and the cedar ,,,,ylang ylang brings out the sophistication . It's really extremely well made and I could bathe in this rather gourmand but refreshing airy scent. It's not suffocating nor heavy , but lasts nicely and has a lot of charm. Will always repurchase ! Plus my whole family lobes this one.
Someone said orange flavored Marzipan, that is true. There is more to it but it dries down to that I find. The anis is strong in the beginning and the dry down is vanilla /orange /peaches and almonds , I bought a second bottle and the lotion now as well. This is highly addictive !!! Best gourmand I had in a while.

@topdogrwd, there is a lot if love for this one , it smells very natural so bubblegum is too much of a chemical comparison but there might be a good gum like that, I am more thinking of a italian desert, with vanilla icing and anis and almonds. Or even homemade ice cream if you will. It smells realistic rather than chemical.

Geordieboy
Geordieboy

The vanilla in this is really strong. It smells like there is a hint of cocoa in there aswell. The dry down reminds me a little of LIDGE. The longevity on this is unreal, it has benn 13hours since i put a little bit of this on my wrist and it still smells strong, no sign of it letting up anytime soon

osiris5

This perfume is really wow.
I just want to adjust my former review and share some discoveries I made.
This perfume lasts very, very long for an EdT. Over more than 8 hours it smells on yr skin. It behaves really as an EdP.
One tip if you use this perfume spray it on your skin and let it dry. Because when it gets on your clothes it will stay also after days.
Its sweetness is a mix of almond-vanilla. And what i said earlier is true. It is great in the colder seasons.
It reminds me of Dior Homme intens EdP. But this Dior is more woody whereas Mandolora is more spicy-fruity. I discovered why. First of all its almost to 80 % natural. But its fruitiness comes from the almond. Almonds (prunus dulcis) are no nuts but are fruits from the great prunus tree family like cherries, peach, plums, apricots, nectarines etc. and produces that typical fruity-spicy smell that also is characteristic for the poison cyankali which is contained in the wild almond (prunus am. vulgaris). And wow that blossom is really beautiful. Vincent van Gogh has painted almond-blossoms. And in the Bible almond is a holy tree.
And as the fruit of the tree is also the smell. In this perfume you can almost taste the fruit by the smell. In the dry down at the end there is a milky vanilla almond scent. Its very nice.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Wow this is deliciously sweet! (Tried some on today). I think this might be one people want to eat you with.
It's also really reasonably priced at David Jones in Australia (75ml for $85!!)

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

After 8 years I finished my bottle, the last drop smelled as good as the first one, love this perfume! Only reason why it took me so long to finish it is because I have over 200 other perfumes:):)

cockapoo9237
cockapoo9237

A very sophisticated and different vanilla. Root beer, yes, but an elegant, smooth and sophisticated one, not fizzy at all. Anise comes out very strongly on me. 3 hours in, its drying down nicely to a creamy, milky vanilla. It was love at first sniff for me. I tried this and Diptyque Eau Duelle at the same time (similar vanilla but without the strong anise) and went with ADP.

pratikt
pratikt

Root beer and vanilla ice cream. Then wintergreen. Then a bit of vanilla at the dry down. Those are all the smells I get from this one. Unique for sure, but at that price, I expected better longevity...

Very sweet, definitely gourmand. I don't dislike it, don't love it either...

benlane18

ORANGE FLAVOURED MARZIPAN. YES, THAT'S IT.

benlane18

Got my nose on this for the first time today, and wow, just wow.

It's so luxurious, the creamyness is just heavenly, the almond mixed with the vanilla and a hint of orange reminds me of something like an orange & almond tart. I can see this becoming quite sickly if worn on a very hot day though. Need myself a bottle of this ASAP.

bunny.temper
bunny.temper

This is my favorite fragrance. The vanilla and Italian almonds very unique, exotic. I get compliments by men whenever I wear this. They just want to nuzzle me when I have this on.

Sweet, creamy, almondy but not in a marzipan sort of way and vanilla. This scent is truly gourmand in the way it makes you want to eat the part of your body you sprayed it on.
This is not for everyone mind, lots of people will find it too sweet and sickly which it most definitely is. It matures nicely and dries down with gentle cedar wood but retains that wonderful almond, almost moist cakey smell. It's quite complex to be fair though and maybe it sounds a bit obvious from how I've described it but it really isn't.
Try it you might like it!

Update: I'm wearing this today and it couldn't be more fitting for a bright, breezy Sunday in autumn. I love this fragrance it's amazing it never tips over into too sweet, instead just remains lovely throughout your experience. ADP have a wonderful repertoire of fragrances and they all smell so natural and fresh the more I experience this I get fruity opening now, the citrus top notes that are in everything they do. The bergamot chimes well with the creamy almond and anise so fresh...it's amazing!

This reminds me of an alcoholic drink from France made with anise, it is sweet, very watery/sweet, creamy, lots of almond. It is a bit too foody for my taste, but it is attractive in a certain way.not sure I would invest in a bottle, but in summer this would smell fresh, and breezy.

kris919
kris919

watered down sample, or weak fragrance? I don't know, but I have a FB of this coming on Monday, and if it's as weak as my sample, I'm gonna be pissed. There is nothing phenomenal about this perfume. this is watered down almond extract, then when the alcohol dries off it becomes watered down synthetic almonds and some junky weak vanilla. I'm getting really tired of these overpriced p.o.s perfumes that don't last and don't make me weak in the knees. que crappo! I sincerely hope that the sample was off.

Gorgeous yummy.

osiris5

If y like a nice vanilla-like scent especially in wintertime than this perfume is a match. It reflects very well and gives y a nice feeling. It opens with citric but goes immediately over into a almond-peach note. Its gets very close to a spicy vanilla scent that stays long and projects great. This a real nice scent that reminds us of the Sicilian bazaars with all the spices of the Mediterranean. It is to me a typical scent y can wear on festivals. It reminds me of Christmas spices etc. Its a real spicy scent good for in winter days because vanilla isn't nice to wear in warm days.

smellME
smellME

I am not usually fond of too strong vanilla
despite when it's this natural !
When I got my first blue bottle in this serie, my husband had gotten the rest of it as samples for me ! This was another one I fell fo from those samples...While having a hard time finding vanillas I love, I was soo happy to get this from swap !
From notes I mostly sense the anise, almond , peach and vanilla and tolubalsam, where the vanilla and tolu base is really smooth, sweet , warm and longlasting !
I am happy today for letting it join my perfume wardrobe family !

poivrerose
poivrerose

Initial snap reaction- almond extract and jasmine blossoms steeped in sweet vanilla cream. Yes, in the beginning, it bears similarity to HP. I'm almost getting a Joop Homme vibe from this though as well. Just much lighter and more enjoyable in both instances. It's pretty sweet. And somehow sharp and soft all at once. Although it definitely smooths out as it wears! It gets a hint of powder sugar glaze and soft confectionary dreaminess. I guess I expected this to be something individualistic, and perhaps a bit fresher. It's nice and definitely pleasant. Starts out with a hint of perfume-y notes ends with subtle bakery almond glazed sweetness.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

It reminds me very much of Dior Hypnotic Poison. It smells exactly like cream soda to me. Only difference is Hypnotic Poison has a thicker feel to it. For the price, I wouldn't buy it.

ericgoesta
ericgoesta

This is exactly what I imagine Dickie Greenleaf would wear on his sailboat.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

Almond pie. Sweet, pleasant, not too strong... But I can't see myself smelling like that.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I'm buying this today. Just tried the lotion yesterday and it makes me feel so sexy and warmly enveloped, but not too warm for summer. It's hard to explain... It's so so sweet, but not in a cheap way. It feels like I've just taken a bite out of a decadent almond-vanilla-chocolate dessert offered in a little hidden cafe in Italy. It's like my new little secret.

I love sweet scents, but I find them difficult to wear in summer and so I've been forcing myself to try out fresh scents and so far, I haven't liked them. So while I can't wear my Kenzo Amour Indian Holi or my Lolita Lempicka during the 8-9 months of summer that Arizona gets, I can still wear this sweet little delight.

EDIT: Bought it. It's perfect. My new signature for the summer.

freddinos
freddinos

Now this is a good one! Gourmand qualities with creamy not very bitter almond, vanilla, ouzo-like star anise and a hint of citrus. Very nice, if you like L by Lolita Lempicka, this a more upscale similar scent with almost the same drydown.

heidiantonia
heidiantonia

Truly beautiful, I love the whole range. I find it to be reasonably long lasting and a descent sillage, especially for this line as all the other scents need to be reapplied regularly (at least on me that is). This one reacts really well with my chemistry. Sweet but not too sweet, excellent in warmer weather and really cosy in the cold. Better for the day time however it's also my go to for a balmy summer night. Oddly enough one of my favourite places to wear this fragrance is at the gym! Weird... yes, but magic happens I find when my body really heats up. Thumbs up for me.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Very different but wonderfully tasty Mandorlo di Sicilia (almonds of Sicily) fragrance by Acqu di Parma, Blu Mediterraneo range is one of my favourite.

First time I smelled this sweet divine perfume, I imagined beach coast surrounded by exotic Almond, Jasmine and Ylang-ylang trees.

I would describe its base notes as luscious Vanilla, animalistic note of Musk (may act as a pheromone in humans) & sweetish warm balsamic scent of Tolu Balsam (exudes warm). Then there is that floral middle note of Jasmine & narcotic sweet erotic Ylang-ylang. You also discover top notes of nutty Almonds and star-shaped bitter spice called Star Anise.
It's like an exotic candy you wish to wear all day and night in spring, summer and autumn.

Silage is enormous & longevity is long lasting.

Definitely yes for me! :))

id
id

soft silent sweet (sugary) anise and vanilla scent. It sits close to the skin and doesn't last long.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Mandorlo di Sicilia is a rather sugary and edible fragrance. I too get a strong association of almond-flavored cake icing. The scents starts off like thick, sweet almond paste; the drydown smells exactly like a light dusting of icing sugar on my skin. I love my fair share of sweet gourmands, but I would say this one does read a little too much like straight-up sugar for me. There’s something lacking that holds me back from being able to describe this scent as unique. I’m surprised now looking at the list of notes, as I only pick up on the almonds, vanilla and musk. The spice, fruit, and woody notes listed are non-existent to my nose, with the result being a fragrance that is sweet, light, smooth, and pleasant…but a little one-dimensional. Most certainly cozy and likeable, but not a purchase-worthy fragrance for me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

My goodness is this super sweet! From the bottle it smells like iced almonds and on the skin it's like almond cake icing, very sweet with lots of vanilla. It has a slight floral presence, but I would still classify this as an oriental vanilla, rather than floral. I really don't feel any of the other notes. While it's very sweet, it's not sugary. A very yummy fragrance, just not quite what I was expecting.

lanhlung36
lanhlung36

Great ! Amazing smell :X

Mackenzie
Mackenzie

Kinda nice, but I expected way more of this. To me it's weak and it doesn't smell of almond at all. Instead, I get a powdery candyish scent, a bit childish. I like sweet scents but I prefer them to be more grown up.
Too bad because the notes seemed fabulous to me and it was on my wishlist for quite some time. I'm glad I had a chance to test it before buying a full bottle.

s_athena
s_athena

Lucky for me, a root-beer-hater, I don't get that accord from this one - maybe it's because that awful wintergreen-minty note is missing. Instead what I get is a mulled-wine Christmas punch: anise and spices, vanilla extract, dried fruits marinated in red wine and brandy, and lots of amaretto. Smells festive and delicious, not cloying or sugary which is a major plus, and it's also missing my nemesis, the play-doh note of other almond gourmands (I'm looking at you, Hypnotic Poison!). I'd wear this one around the holidays, but I'm not sure I'd want to smell like Christmas punch for more than a few weeks out of the year, even if it's as subtle as this one. Springing for a sample or mini might be the solution.
And I think I got a great idea for a punch recipe...

auroramaria
auroramaria

This does not work well in hot weather, however I got the matching body lotion and that's to die for!!!

9-na
9-na

A present. It was a nice, good old A&W root beer float on me.

Hayven
Hayven

Oh, what a beaut! I've been meaning to try this in a store because the notes sounded so good; someone was kind enough to give me a sample since I cannot find it in stores near here (and a $100+ blind buy is very risky).

This smells like Hypnotic Poison without the "Play-Doh" note. A good old-fashioned soda fountain drink made with vanilla syrup comes to mind, but the cedar and sandalwood keep the fragrance from becoming too sweet, at least on me.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Creamy vanille almonds with hints of jasmine and peach. It's quite sweet and smells like something you would add to your coffee at Starbucks.

This fragrance is not something I could wear on a daily basis but is something you could get away with if you was abroad on holiday or on a cruise. It' very linear and could get quite tiresome as there is not much development.

Allinug
Allinug

I bought it this summer and at that timme I could smell almond, flowers, musk, vanilla, a wonderful sweet smell but not cloying. Today when it's colder I still smell something sweet but something like chocolate and musk but no flowers but still so wonderful. Oh I love this perfume.

j-shades
j-shades

Where can i get this?

nero77
nero77

A sweet yet delicate gourmand. Almond and vanilla notes are predominant here. I don't agree with the "bubblegum" vibe but I can see what people mean. It does smell of coffee and sugar a little to me but very much in a delicate way. I find it a very pleasant fragrance and those who like this kind of gourmand will enjoy it very much.

yacoco
yacoco

i love it :yes
i buy it : no

bcoops
bcoops

well I was proved wrong once again...I got a sample of this yesterday. I sprayed my arm up with it, and yes i got the cream/root beer float vibe, which I dont mind. The dry down really started get really sweet, which I am not normally a fan of.Today was the real test.They said it was gonna be around 90.Honestly I couldn't see this frag in the heat..I thought it was gonna be a complete train wreck.Anyway I sprayed up this morning and went to an outlet center where u can walk around outdoors.There was a good breeze blowing and every once a while I would smell of burst of sweetness....it was light airy sweetness (if that makes any sense) and not like a thick syrupy one.It performed brilliantly in the heat.Even thou I had a bottle coming already I was unsure if it was gonna be to sweet for me.But I knew for sure where around the 3.5 hr mark of wearing it the bursts of sweetness were no more....and I missed them!

jozemo
jozemo

love this juice ,it's different ,it's european, it's sweet, and most of all sexy, a must have in the collection.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Love the concept of the blu line and it breathes summer holiday all the way
The design of bottle and packaging is very good.
Dont expect a light blue aquatic scent its floral sweet gourmandish from start to end and its a great scent to use in hotter weather conditions. I seeit as a more luxurious and summer time gourmand brother of muglers a*men and aquolinas blu sugar without the cottoncandy smell.
Oozes quality from start, almond is really noticable and pleasant. There where gourmands are king in winter time , this one is a day and night scent born for spring/summer.
Imagine the old city of catania where streets are filled with scooters , tight alleys with bars, restaurants and shops , one range rover is standing in the alley with a door opened , imagine the smell of that car inside.

Pinja
Pinja

The notes seem wonderful. Anise, almonds, vanilla, coffee, cedar, sandalwood, bergamot etc., vow. It would have been a hit if I could have smelled those notes, but no. It smelled like vanilla ice cream and not much else. It's not bad though, it does smell nice, like Hypnotic Poison's little brother.

dkny27
dkny27

Creamy vanilla almond almost immediately subside into a milkier cedar and lavendar. One of the most alluring fragrances to grace my senses. I almost want to say I have found heaven in a bottle. It is somewhere between a rich dense chewy almond cookie with a caffe breve while losing oneself in aromatic serentity...

gzalvares
gzalvares

BUBBLE GUM? DO NOT KNOW ALMONDS BUBBLE GUM! DELICIOUS AND COMFORTABLE GOURMAND SAFELY FOR THE DAY. INITIALLY A ALMOND PREDOMINANT, AFTER A VANILLA AND COFFEE.THE ANIS IN DRYDOWN PREDOMINATES OVER COFFEE. SILLAGE 5/10, LONGEVITY 8/10, SCENT 8/10.

ArkangeL

Mandorlo di Sicilia is a gourmand you can get away with wearing while enduring the summer heat, but somehow shares similarities to a fragrance that is not so seasonally flexible. Although Angel Taste of Fragrance released only late last year, it shares much in common with Mandorlo. Only difference is, this fragrance is more like a frappe considering it's dairy quality. Layered throughout with milks, creams and a light-weight French vanilla syrup. Angel Taste of Fragrance on the other hand is for serious chocolate fanatics. 1.1 oz worth of chocolate-gasms. Eating Hershey's Pot of Gold after application will complete your experience, but we're not here to talk about Angel. I've already written that review.

ArkangeL

I don't think I would want this to be anymore concentrated than it already is. How much sillage and projection do you need from a fragrance that is undeniably gourmand? Let's say Mandorlo di Sicilia was an Eau de Parfum, then the reviews would consist of comments such as: "Too cloying," "Baskin Robins in a bottle," "sickly sweet" or some comparison to pancake syrup. Gourmands never win. They're either harshly underrated or bashed when they've gained popularity. Have you ever been picked on by the "cool kids" because you didn't fit in? Case closed.

gogogogo123
gogogogo123

this to me smells exactly like taro bubble tea or taro iced smoothie.

microwavesally
microwavesally

Just purchased this and i love it!!! My new favorite, reminds me of a delicious root beer float.

sf2explus
sf2explus

The blu line are actually meant for hot weather use(Blu line) they are similar strength to cologne only a little stronger reason for being EDT's. So when people are bashing this scent for not being powerfull gourmand scent. you have to ask yourself would you use angel in the summer or musc ravageur or chergui and the answer is no. this is for the hotter days when you want a nice sweet relaxing scent without it becoming too cloying with the heat. best for summer and excellent scent that smells very high quality very Italian smelling, biscotti comes to mind when i wear this.Very creamy and sweet smell overall. Lasting power is 4-6 hours during the summer. and the sillage is good enough. Amazing scent.

Scent 8/10

cinsot
cinsot

Mandorlo di Sicilia is an odorous ode to the ground goodness of almond meal.

Yummm.

Warm syrupy vanilla tones shaped by gritty star anise and dark roasted coffee grounds create an exotic milky mixture smelling good enough to ingest greedily.

My taste buds will not allow the non-edible notes to surface. The floral notes of lavender, orange blossom and frangipani evade me altogether.

The woods are there but only serve as a backdrop, as another reviewer mentioned, perhaps the rustic wooden decor of the establishment where one might partake in devouring this gloriously comforting mixture.

Palatable bitter almond custard for the skin.

Soothes the soul.

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

At first spray is really "humm yummy ice cream, delicious" but that's it. Weak staying power, there's not evolution, the notes are simple and it's not impressive. I wouldnt ever consider buying this. I loved on the paper, it was on my wish list. Thank God I tried on my skin (I spraied it about 6 times hehe), most boring scent ever. The notes are just not there. It's almost like they have lighten up all the notes with water. This is not a perfume. Even Victoria's secrey body splashes last on my skin, but this doesnt.

Wafa
Wafa

I agree with everyone who said it was buble gum , this one is a big no no for me

cocobella
cocobella

i am so in love with it. it lasts all day long. it is a perfect sweet (but definitely not too sweet) vanilla - almond mix. somehow it smells like cookies to me, but in a good way. i have to get a full bottle of this one. i do not know how people can compare it with lolita lempicka. i think this one is more mature. and i do not get a bubble gum note -.-.

Fizzy

OK, I trayed it today on my skin. This heavenly Bourbon-Vanilla smell with amaretto whiff lasted only 10 minutes on my skin, even though I sprayed it - I swear - 30x over me in the store. Oh, such a nice fume, but does not last! I´m crying! Wanna feed the whole Tiramisu ALONE, immediately. Did not buy it. Some whiff lasts still in my hair, but only if I push them in my nose. No silage, no power.

That is the best Bourbon-Vanilla scent I know! The opening is the same like by
Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef (VCAvc), but they develop different. Mandorlo di Sicilia stays the whole time very sweet, VCAvc is less sweet. Mandorlo di Sicilia sprayed on the paper stays long time pretty intensive, VCAvc get weak.
The drydown is the same like VCAvc, but more intensive and distinctive. I posses VCAvc and bought the shower gel Mandorlo di Sicilia to combine them. It suits excellent.

All in one, I love it on the paper!! Next time I will walk into the store and spray Mandorlo 15x over me, yummm!!! When VCAvc is gone, this would be the substitute - of course, if the skin test would be pleasant.
If I smell it on a man, I would think, he is a gay. This scent is actually not for men! The bottle is a crab, that is for sure.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Bubblegum, almonds and sweet smelling confectionery/candy aroma mixed with almond goodness- yum! Irresistible to my sweet toothed senses.

EdithLove
EdithLove

I really love this fragrance... it smells like a sweet dream and a lovely caress in a sunny day.
On my skin it's a very lasting perfume.. about 6 or 8 hours and I bought also the body lotion... a sweet pleasure that I can't resist..
very good essence!!!

I currently have this one because I like almond scents. This is a very nice and genuine one. But I'm not sure if the drydown is not too sweet for me. I have problems with my bottle and since I noticed it on mine I also saw the same problem on other Acqua di Parma Test-Bottles in the Shop. It's hard after a while to press them down and open & close them without losing scent while spraying. For a scent that is not cheap they could have used better working bottles.

PS: I finished almost the bottle and have to say that the staying power on me was very bad. I always had to re-spray. Also the almond just came out in the top notes. The drydown on me was pure vanilla.

adrienn99
adrienn99

on the sweet side for sure. not sure why oriental floral, like the other reviewers, I did not get any flowers either.

To me it smells like a fruit milkshake topped with almond chunks, not from very close but from a little further a way, a little powdery too.

to me too thick to wear for summer, but would be OK for spring, fall and winter.

Soutty123
Soutty123

I have just tested this after being recommended it as an almondy fragrance on the forum. It is just gorgeous and I WANT IT NOW!!! I find it much easier to choose scents in Autumn and Winter as I love scents like Obsession and Coco which just don't work in summer. I find summer scents are often one dimensional and bland, like J'adore - pleasant enough but just blah.

This is a complex gourmand scent that is also light and sunny.

Big thanks to the members for putting me onto this one. As soon as I get paid I'm heading to Space NK to buy a bottle.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

So disappointed it doesn't work with my chemistry :/
On my mother --> the best perfum EVER:a soft, longlasting, tender almond-vanilla-powdery scent.
On me --> strawberry bubble gum + coffee o_O I don't know why...

lafefe
lafefe

I hate to say it buy I smell bubble gum here! At least I'm not the only one detecting that (Rebella i.e.). What a huge disappointment! The composition would otherwise be perfect: fresh almond, coffee, vanilla... I guess peach and star anise are responsible for the chewing gum effect. It's a pity it doesn't smell like a simple and wonderful real Mandorlo di Sicilia with a hint of vanilla and creamy flowers.

I must say that this was a delightful surprise. I did not expect this fragrance to be so sweet and feminine.

Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia has barely any citrus in it at all, which makes it so different to the other fragrances in this series. Bergamot is the only citric note present and that in itself has been smothered in icing sugar.

The top notes are absolutely beautiful, smelling almost like roasted marshmallows. The frangipani, almond and liquoricey anise establish this fragrance as a gourmand from the very moment it touches the skin.

The introduction of the coffee note in the heart, while it does create an interesting warmth, remains light and Summery in a way that is very likable. Remaining sweet and fluffy all the way through, Mandorlo di Sicilia is exquisitely strange, finishing with a sugary soapiness in the drydown.

The sweetness will honestly not appeal to everyone, particularly the citrus lovers who expected yet another citrusy winner from this series. I prefer the change and I like that its sweetness is light and weather appropriate.

I give this fragrance a huge round of an applause for managing to shock me, because it doesn't happen very often. I'd love for it to be Summer already so I can enjoy this fragrance to the extreme.

The sillage and lasting strength is very good, unlike Arancia di Capri and Fico di Amalfi whose fragrance diminished on my skin in as little as a few hours.

For those that love sugary gourmands and want something a little less cloying for Summer, please give Mandorlo di Sicilia the best chance possible.

Floritica64
Floritica64

Almonds,coffee and vanilla. Yummy! Enough said, bring yor beach towel.

JasmineNutmeg
JasmineNutmeg

I don't get anything minty at all - just a whiff of Root Beer with coffee and velvety almond. Absolutely adore this, so unusual, and wear it all year round. Comforting in the winter. Have gone through 3 bottles.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Aww! This is me favorite from 3 I tried. Mandorlo di Sicilia is quite sweet one but natural and serious.

Mix of almonds, coffee, citruses and sweet flowers and vanilla will kill anyone who likes them sweet, but wants something original and not girly. It's very sophisticated, laced with a little sourness (yea, I adore sourness :3). Perfect for summer or any season I guess. Yummy and desirable. I agree, you can compare it to L de Lolita Lempicka.

Migotka
Migotka

I really like the concept behind this line. Nice, not pretenscious, inoffensive fragrances, ideal for hot weather.

There is something making you think of summer and travelling and holidays, but not climbing mountains or canoeing, but lying on a beach, sipping through a straw a funny blue coctail with a pink parasol in it, or taking a rest in a hammer stretched between two palms. Sounds cliche? It sure is, but Blu Mediterraneo is a kind of line inspiring those cliche images.

Those who like L de Lolita Lempicka will love this one as well; in many ways they are very similar, very sweet, both have the cake feeling to them, like a sponge cake dripped in coffee liqueur.
And coffee is exactly why I really like this one, it makes the fragrance a bit more interesting, it adds depth. Although at first it just seems very sweet, it soon turns into a nice smell of a cozy little coffee shop with wooden tables. It still have the holiday-ish air around it, but thanks to its warmth and coziness it is a good companion for dark, cold winter evenings.

As all Acqua di Parma scents this is very well made. Mastery and raw material is just high level as usual. The problem with this fragrance is that it starts very sweet, fresh and almondy and after 5 minutes on my skin it becomes sweeter and sweeter and sweeter almost to point of nausea and headache. No purchase for sure, too bad because I like the smell and bottle.

Kamicha
Kamicha

A gourmand scent that does not get intimidatingly sweet on me.

It opens with zesty bergamot mixed to the more bitter aromas of almonds. On my skin I get the bitterness of coffee pretty soon, too. The flowers mix nicely to the foodsy and woodsy aromas on the middle of the lifeline of this scent, that phase does not last long - and the flowers definitely don't define this scent. The drydown is warm and sweet vanilla - backed up with delicate wood and delightful bitter notes from coffee and almonds - the latter re-emerging from the beginning. Creamy and nice, my husband loves it.

This is a light scent with good staying power. It stays relatively close to the skin and it is not a least bit intimidating. Definitely one of my everyday favorites, although not my pick for the special occasions. If your skin does not preserve the bitter notes it can get too sweet. Otherwise: great, sensual and comforting everyday fragrance with personality.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Well...I definitely don't get Nutella like Rebella does, but I can see where the "chewing gum" comes into effect. =)

This surprised me! I was expecting a softer version of Hypnotic Poison (bec. that's what I was told it smelled like)...but I actually get a root beer float aroma. From what I understand, HP smells like root beer to others, but NOT to me. I can see where it smells like the vanilla ice cream IN the float...but not the actual drink. THIS, however, smells like it!!! At the beginning, it was very light. Sterling Maiden got it right. Starts out as root beer....then switches into a sweet root beer float with extra ice cream, sipped with a piece of bubble gum in your mouth. I truly DO feel like a spilled cream soda on me. It's not a love at first sniff like Hypnotic Poison was....but I don't "hate" it either. It definitely has my attention.

I think it's the anise flower, almonds, frangipani, and vanilla that are creating this weird cream soda vibe. I don't smell ANY coffee, but that jasmine has been sneaking up on me. I think if you spray too much on, it becomes quite cloying. It only "pretends" to be light at the beginning, but it's really quite potent if you give it a minute to settle down.
I'm on the edge about this one...expect me to update later. The reviews were right on target with this one.

amelie
amelie

I used it a short time and forwarded.Has similarities with L'Erbolario Almond, but is very strong and distinct smell with vanilla that caused a headache in minutes.I liked the originality,but some notes so overcome that I decided to give up, although appreciate Acqua di Parma fragrances.

MissLola
MissLola

Try this today, verry gourmand nice smell. Will buy soon !

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Blue Mediterraneo collection from AdP whose ingredients are combined the link between "essences and emotions, awaking a pleasant feeling of well-being."

Mandorlo di Secilia is to bring to the wearer the sense of gentleness and pampering.

I will agree with Sterling Maiden, this fragrance reminds me of a "vanilla root beer float." This is a sweet, sweet fragrance in a good way. It has a comforting feel to it. It is like being able to have the root beer float with out the calories. The fruit notes and floral notes are very subtle.

If you are looking for a "spa like" fragrance line, AdP Blu Mediterraneo is a great choice. You will be risked away to different parts of Italy.

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

I love this one! On me it smells like root beer initially, then becomes a vanilla-root-beer-ice-cream-float. I wear it only in the summer, although after reading these reviews, I may try wearing it in cooler weather.

I often layer it with Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo ARANCIA di CAPRI. The orange zest in the ARANCIA tones down the vanilla sweetness, and the whole thing dries down without losing the citrus somehow. I love citrus smells, but they don't last long - this is one way I've found that works.

imgcas
imgcas

It sounded so good according to its name and notes! Unfortunately I was very disappointed when I smelt it. It's all about vanilla, very cloying, extremely sweet. I can't get any almond flower, so I'll keep trying to find the perfect scent with that note.

rebella
rebella

No, no and no. This is like a weird combo between chewinggum and Nutella. Don´t ever mix those together... really weird, and not in a good way.

Boggi
Boggi

Yes, lovely sweet perfume! Sandrina has all ready made a great review that describes this natural, gourmet fragrance. But I will add that it would be great on a cold winter evening as well. Thumbs up!

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Adorable! Mint at the beginning is mixed with sunny bergamot and hint of flower notes. Sweet and gourmand, creamy notes of almonds stays long on my skin, touched with vanilla and milky notes... For me, this fragrance is perfect for summer, I like the quality of essences.

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma 4.18 out of 5 based on 579 ratings and 94 user reviews

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
NORDSTROM.com
Acqua di Parma 'Blu Mediterraneo' Mandorlo di Sicilia Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Eau De Toilette
Acqua di Parma 'Blu Mediterraneo' Mandorlo di Sicilia Eau de Toilette Spray
Acqua di Parma 'Blu Mediterraneo' Mandorlo di Sicilia Eau de Toilette Spray
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Acqua di Parma 'Blu Mediterraneo' Mandorlo di Sicilia Eau de Toilette Spray 5 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia 5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia 5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.