Designers » A » Citrus « Groups

Acqua di Parma Colonia Acqua di Parma for women and men

Acqua di Parma Colonia Acqua di Parma for women and men
dislike

I have it: 660 I had it: 204 I want it: 579 My signature: 21

Acqua di Parma Colonia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Colonia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures Acqua di Parma Colonia Acqua di Parma for women and men Pictures

Acqua di Parma started as a small factory in Parma. The first fragrance was created in 1916, Colonia, and at the beginning it was used to perfume gentlemen's handkerchiefs. Colonia became a real symbol of Italian chic among American and European celebrities in the pre-war (1930's) and post-war (1950's) years. Cary Grant and David Niven, Ava Gadner and Eva Turner, later joined by Audrey Hepburn, were among the passionate admirers of Colonia. From a small factory, Acqua di Parma grew into a prominent house with wide range distribution.

Acqua Di Parma Colonia was presented as a citrus fragrance. It was composed of lavender, rosemary, Sicilian citrus, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, amber and light musk.

The bottle is simple but elegant, charming in the Italian way. It comes as 180ml bath oil and Eau de Parfum.

There is another version of this fragrance, the limited edition for 2007, named Colonia Edizione Murano. The bottle is made of Murano glass, beautiful and elegant, designed by Giorgio Vigna.

Read more about this fragrance in the article on the prestige Italian house Acqua di Parma.

Rosemary Amber Lavender Sicilian Citruses Jasmine White Musk Bulgarian Rose Lemon Verbena Vetiver Sandalwood Patchouli

Capucci Pour Homme
Acqua Essenziale Colonia
Acqua di Bergamotto
4711 Original Eau de Cologne
Neroli Portofino Acqua

Acqua di Parma Colonia Fragrance Reviews

unknoahble
unknoahble

In my early 20's I bought a used leather jacket online, which smelled heavily of perfume. It was the first scent I had ever encountered that elicited the response of "Wow, I must know what that is!" I emailed the seller of the jacket and was told it was Acqua di Parma Colonia. Thus began my foray into the fragrance world, whereas previously I had been blissfully content wearing the scent I had used since I was a teenager. In the years since I've sampled dozens of fragrances, and to my nose none match Colonia's clean, elegant je ne sais quoi. I feel comfortable wearing it to the beach or with a suit. Bellissimo!

c8ven
c8ven

I got this in preparation for Summer, as this smells really good on hot and sweaty skin. After a brief but delicious lemon opening, Colonia settles into a light, soapy, lavender, fresh and classic fragrance.

What I love about cologne concentrations is they don't dominate, they melt into a skin-scent that makes people think that you just naturally smell this good.

Colonia is a very attractive and charismatic everyday cologne. It is soft, but it does tend to linger nicely, especially on clothes and in hair.

omar.melmo
omar.melmo

Familiar and comfortable eau de cologne concoction with high quality ingredients and careful crafting... So much cheap eaux de cologne from childhood memories used the same canevas and largely took inspiration frome classic eaux like Acqua di Parma Colonia.. but this is definitely high quality stuff and you can smell it right from first spray.. the way the citrus and lemon come to you.. naturally without any effort and any synthetic vibe.. the way it recedes to a semi-sweet and slightly warm skin scent with musks and amber (it's definitely there) and flowers.. exudes class and soft masculinity.
As for other great eaux de cologne you finally regret it doesn't last longer but there again the soft projection and evanescent smell is part of the charm.. Still AdP Colonia performs much better in terms of longevity and projection than say Hermès Eau d'Orange verte which fades out really really too quickly in my opinion..
Classic, yes.. but never boring and so relaxing..

snappdad
snappdad

the opening hot citrus blast to the soapy dry down is incredible. the more i wear it the more i want summer to last. it works best with me in the heat. it's sillage is good but i don't get the longevity. fine with me as that citrus is calling to me even now...............incredible!

Valerius
Valerius

Great summer scent. Opens with a nice citrus and dries down to a soapy kind of smell. Sillage and longevity are average, which isn't bad for a summer scent.

Right after the first spray, Acqua di parma colonia makes you smell like a classy, rich yacht owner stepping of his/her ship on a warm summer day. After drying down, it smells like you have just stepped out of the shower and put on a washed linnen shirt.

Because of its price, I don't wear it every day during summer, although I wish I could. Certainly one of the best summer scents out there.

Sillage: 6.5/10

Oslo-fjord

The best citrus scent ever created. A legendary fragrance. It's pure class! Perfect for a well groomed, well dressed genteman. Sophisticated, luxurious, natural and discreet. The perfect signature scent for a fuzzy man.

SirCharles
SirCharles

Hands down my favorite fragrance of all time. Refreshing, classic, timeless, almost otherworldly. Opens with a beautiful citrus and dries down to soapy, powdery herbs. Amazingly natural smelling. Makes me want to get on a sailboat and never come back.

nero77
nero77

An elegantly made and beautiful eau de cologne...

Colonia by Aqua di Parma may just be the Rolls Royce of eau de colognes. There are some instances where I liken this fragrance to a hand-crafted, elegant, luxury car. It's not so different in structure to many of the eau de colognes out there, true, but it's executed ever so beautifully.

With that being said, yes, it does develop much like an eau de cologne, the characteristic drawback being, it doesn't last so long. However that can be overlooked I believe, by it's smell.

It definitely doesn't smell generic. It reminds me of something very polished and luxurious, but it's a kind of carefree, relaxed luxury... not a stuffy, privileged and exclusive one.

The fragrance opens up with bergamot and lemon, and coupled with aromatic and rich lavender and aromatic rosemary, with hints of solid vetiver. I can also detect the coumarin in the base, and the floral undercurrent of rose, neroli and jasmine. It's such a great experience really.

It's absolutely unisex, and I highly recommend it as an experience. I do prefer other versions to this though (a favourite being Chanel pour Monsieur which I feel has more development than this).Dior - Eau Sauvage is also a strong contender. In terms of a favourite pure eau de cologne, I also like Guerlain - Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat.

However, all being said, this reminds me of a well dressed, elegant young person, who enters a room and catches the centre of attention there. They make an impact on everyone around them, and everyone is intrigued, impressed and interested in them, and want to spend time in their company. Then, as soon as they came in, they go out... leaving everyone in awe. This describes the experience I have of this one. Brilliant and dazzling in the start and beginning, then mellowing into something confidant and relaxed, before slowly fading away and vanishing. Beautiful & elegant, but eventually fleeting. Who said good things always have to last forever? It's definitely worth a try.

lilalina
lilalina

Love it, so fresh and clean. Amazing classic timeless cologne. Very masculine, best worn by men

ProgAlfa
ProgAlfa

Amazing scent which makes u confident. but again longevity quite poor - unfortunately - still love it ;-)

spartan
spartan

Worn by Ray Donovan.......Tony Soprano....... and me........

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

A gentle olfactory journey into a vanished world of barbershops where a man could get a proper wet shave and the flame. It is clean and very old fashioned in a rose soap kind of way. I can see why people say it's as if you just stepped out the shower. I can also see why it's lasted a century. I certainly wouldn't object to being given a bottle of it but I wouldn't spend my own money on it. It's soft and subtle but it doesn't last terribly long. The initial citrus notes are smoother and more mellow than most modern citrus notes in perfumes. They calm down quickly to let the rose and lavender notes come through. I can appreciate why Cary Grant and David Niven wore this. It has a certain high class charm and elegance about it. I like it but I can live without it.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

love love love!

it smells old but in a good way

nice clean and fresh its defiantly a safe scent to wear to the gym or just while on the go

the only downside to this is that it doesn't last and the projection is very minimal

but if you got some extra money to burn this is defiantly the top of the beater scents with a price tag just over a designer :)

blind buy worthy

on to the next

empathyboy
empathyboy

The quintessential barbershop scent. Indeed, I had some of this in a travel atomiser and sprayed some on shortly before being picked up from outside the barbers. The person who picked me up said that they could tell I had just been in the barber due to the smell. I am yet to ever enter a barbershop in this day and age though that I can leave smelling as refined as Aqua di Parma Colonia. It is very grown up, sensible, traditional and fun. I like to listen to opera when I wear this.

abbyofthevalley
abbyofthevalley

I just got a sample of this in the mail. It's like nothing I've ever smelt before. I absolutely love it! So much citrus and spice! It gets soapy and powdery in the dry down. I love these notes together.

Peagram_82
Peagram_82

There are many soapy citrus smells on the market. This classic is indeed one of the best.

I was unsure between this, intensa or absoluta! So I asked for spray of all, mixed them up and just went with my nose.

I have to say, I favored the original, it doesn't pretend to be something it's not. Just plain and simply a great smell, refined and assured of itself. When you wear this, you know you smell good.

I find myself reapplying, I don't care! I love the initial burst of citrus, who doesn't!

TAP
TAP

Wonderfully natural, clean (=soapy) and fresh classic cologne bursting with citrus and traditional Mediterranean herbs and flowers :)

perfume4everyone
perfume4everyone

I saw this cologne on the shelf in the bathroom in one scene in Ray Donovan, or maybe his woman using it? :-)

However, I'm fascinated by this cologne, I was always thinking there is no need for me to try this, because I'm not so interested in citrus scents, and then aus liebe zum duft send me the sample, and I am glad they did.

Simple, clean, soapy. Positive vibrations in the bottle.

Hedonista
Hedonista

Finally got to try this one. It is a very well made scent. But it is way too masculine for me. It reminds me of how my uncle John smelled 40 years ago. Wonderful staying power. The citrus and sandalwood stand out on me. I would recommend it for a man.

jardinedavies
jardinedavies

i love this fragrance. very refreshing and cool to the skin

mrdanielsir
mrdanielsir

Got a full bottle. I enjoyed it in the sample form, but with this I feel like I have to spray very lightly... More than two sprays and it has an unpleasant urinal cake vibe to it. I wish I'd gone with my heart and chosen Essenza instead of listening to all the rave reviews of this one!

Mixed it in a travel atomizer with Grey Flannel, will keep this mix on hand for something refreshing at work.

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

A very typical cologne scent but so well executed I adore it beyond belief. It starts off with an upliftingly juicy melange of citruses; bergamot and lemon blossoms floating in ice cold sparkling water sprinkled with lavender buds, crushed verbena leaves and a spring of rosemary.

It is remarkably floral for a cologne (perhaps a drop of rose was added to the above concoction) but it's easily pulled off by both genders and one of the most perfect scents for summer. Invigorating, beautiful, sophisticated and so refreshing I could almost drink it. Possibly my favourite citrus scent in the world.

austinalextommy
austinalextommy

When I first apply it, I get a beautiful, sharp citrus. Within 30 minutes or so, it becomes a soft, powdery, clean scent. It is old man-ish/old lady-ish, but in the best way possible. I've only worn it today, and I can already tell it's my new favorite. Very cool and sophisticated. Simple, yet complicating. Something about it reminds me of the Greenbrier Resort or a southern country club. Love it!

landshark321
landshark321

Acqua di Parma Colonia is definitely as classic as advertised and generally discussed, involving natural soap and citrus smells. Also, it gets credit for being gender-neutral, something I like about Creed's Pure White Cologne, though ADP's comes at a fraction of Creed's cost. I cannot detect any of the floral notes individually, but there is some floral element that complements the neroli and citrus notes that dominate the fragrance, with even an additional of musk as a base note in the dry down.

I intend to try the flankers, hailed as more contemporary, but certainly original Colonia is very agreeable and, while smelling classic and natural, is also not too old to be modern nor too light to be worthwhile using in the winter.

Not surprisingly, projection and longevity are lacking, as to be expected with the concentration, but it still could be worthwhile, especially given the wide availability on FragranceNet.

Definitely a welcome try for those looking for something class or a true cologne type of smell. It's easy to see how this has stood the test of time.

7 out of 10

sky019
sky019

When i first tried it on (sample) i did not like it. However, after trying it out a few more times, i fell in love with it. I literally went and got a full bottle. for me, it is like a little bottle of sunshine. It smells fresh, citrusy, kind of soapy like others been mentioning.

If you dont like citrus i would avoid this. otherwise personally for me this us a great spring/summer fragrance.

shellysmellys
shellysmellys

To me a light beautiful floral. First citrus then fresh lavender then jasmine , rose clean soap dry down . Not masculine or very girly just perfect for daily wear . Happy and clean . Just lovely everyone likes it :) It smells very natural and clean .

meredith.gallop
meredith.gallop

This is my absolute favourite smell on guys! A very handsome and polite but comforting character. love

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

To me this isn't really a fresh scent. The top notes are very bright and vivid, and very 4711-like, a lovely brisk lemon-neroli high note. But this only last few minutes on me and it settles to a musky powdery soapy note. Not unpleasant at all, but not fresh or citrussy. For the first few minutes its light and bright and sparkly, and then it turns to soap. It smells hygienically clean like fresh laundry. But it only lasts for an hour and then fades. Its nice, but not as refreshing as I thought it was going to be.

walking44
walking44

This is my favorite cologne of all time! It reminds me of vacationing in Florence, Italy. Smells like someone that just had a shower. Its soapy, zesty, clean, and powdery. I almost passed on this because people said its grown up. Are you crazy? This masterpiece would be REFRESHING on a young person.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Very similar to Essenza but with much less neroli throughout. Opens with an orangish neroli and dries down to a citric herbal base. Not a bitter herbal base but a smooth mellow one. Very nice but sillage and longevity are lacking a bit.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

Considering how powerful most other scents from this era seem and i have only tried a few but they all hit pretty hard,this is very light.
One of the first "sport" fragrances before that genre existed.
Light citrus with herbs.
Whether this is worth the $ depends on the buyer but not for me.
The review below said similar to 4711 and i agree but it is different,i would wear this and i cant stand 4711.
I would wear it but i aint buying it.

Rinio
Rinio

It was a bad mistake to waste my money on this. It smells like 4711 the local, historic celebrity in Germany which every Great Grandma had in the closet...it is unbearable lemony and old fashioned. Since 4711 is much older I assume this is just the famous copycat...sorry

bigklaus
bigklaus

E la colonia delle buone maniere, del comportamento corretto, educato, risoluto ma rispettoso...
E' un tardo pomeriggio soleggiato nelle vie del centro, camicia di lino bianco e bermuda blu,ciabatte impagliate, e luminor marina, chi devi incontrare non ti ha ancora visto, ma sente che ci sei....

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

Acqua Di Parma has perfectly captured the old and traditional soapy barber shop experience in a bottle.

ADP Colonia is the niche cousin of fragrances like Dior Eau Sauvage, Paco Rabanne PH, Azzaro PH etc.

Off the top it is lemon with alcoholic soapy aftershave. As time passes freshness of lemon starts to fade and the scent becomes powdery and thick with noticeable sweetness. After 10 to 15 minutes it becomes more of a floral scent.

Superb longevity and projection. Just 3 to 4 sprays on your neck and shirt and you are good for the day.

Not suitable for hot and humid settings, since it gets cloying by developing into this thick, powdery and musty scent unlike a usual cologne. In contrast, comes out to be very nice in cool days i.e. fall and cool spring.

Leans much more towards the masculine side. I would never want a woman to smell like this. One reason for this is also that this is based on the traditional barber shop and soapy smelling shaving related products, which is usually all about men. So sniffing this scent right away brings to your mind a man, not a woman,who just had a shave.

If you are not into old school soapy barber shop scents don't bother yourself with this one otherwise this is the best.

rating according to my personal taste: 5/10
since I hate barbershop scents.

For someone who likes soapy barber shop scents.

Thanks for stopping by!

PGHChris
PGHChris

Acqua di Parma Colonia is probably my favorite summer-specific fragrance; great, citrusy, fresh scent. Longevity isn't the greatest, but I prefer not to have huge scents in the hot weather anyway. AdP is over 100 years old, but the fragrance is still relevant today. Very classic, but not dated at the same time. Perfect summer daytime fragrance - its like bottled sunshine.

orestes

Μy favourite fragrance in my collection.In my opinion one of the best scents in perfumes history!

Kokomo
Kokomo

I wear ADP Colonia more frequently when the weather starts to warm up in the Spring (hell, I wear it all year long). I don't like the expression "signature scent" for some reason, but this is a nearly perfect all-around fragrance for me.

ShaverX
ShaverX

I think this would be such a perfect fragrance if they would just remove that old grandma soap lavender note or tone it down significantly. I love everything else about this fragrance but that lavender makes it unwearable for me.

PAK
PAK

Elegant, timeless and a scent filled with a fresh, luminous blend of natural ingredients. My TOP fragrance!

orestes

This excellent scent are no1 in my collection,i love and wear this fragrance last 20 years.

hyuhang
hyuhang

Classic. Light citrus scent that lingers on your skin. Soapy indeed. A few hours on the skin, it settles and becomes soft. Like a gentlemen cologne, although I could see this working with ladies if the bitter citrus is less loud. One dimensional on my skin, but overall a safe choice. A gentleman must have.

cfacius
cfacius

I finally found a sample of this prestigious old perfume, and let me just say. What an opening! Magnificent, clean citrus notes like I have never encountered before. The dry down is complex and even thou a little dated I really love the smell of a sunny day by the beach in Nice, in the company of Ms. Hepburn.

I first tested it on a paper stick and it was gorgeous, so I decided to give it a go on my skin. Same wonderful opening, but the dry down turned into the kind of lavender potpourri my mother use to have in our bathroom, when I was a boy. Really disappointing when I so loved it on a test strip.

Update: After 5 hours I can still smell it on my skin. Now I get a DRY mediterranean soap smell, with little hints of sandalwood. I will give it another go tomorrow. (2ml sample)

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Class and sophistication in a bottle.

Acqua di Parma's Colonia is a clean, soapy scent that includes a perfect balance of citrus and florals. From the beginning to the end, despite its deceptively light eu de cologne concentration, I get excellent longevity and performance with this one, probably because I live in a warmer climate. In the heat, probably because of its unique DNA, Acqua di Parma's Colonia really blooms, enveloping the wearer in a subtle aura of soapy citrus and rose.

For those gentlemen out there who are fond of wet shaving, give Acqua di Parma a try. Nothing is more invigorating than a post-workout shower and shave, followed closely by a spritz of your favorite refreshing cologne.

And gentlemen, if you are looking for a similar scent but feel that you cannot pull off this one due to its prominent floral and powdery feel, give Acqua di Parma's Essenza a try. Essenza has a more contemporary masculine feel, but retains much of the original elegance offered by Colonia.

A beautiful fragrance. Pair with a straight back and a chivalric attitude.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A timeless classic, which has definitely shown its endurance amongst its fragrance peers (it was created in 1916 and is still being sold today). Unfortunately, this fragrance for me smells dated and stuck in the past. The excessively over abundant lavender, sandalwood and vetiver is too powdery, smelling of cheap hotel soaps and teetering old men. For mature audiences only. (139)

Jay T

Contrairement quoi j'ai eu été entendu, ce eu bon longevite. Ce cologne n'est pas unisex. Il est pour hommes dans le debut, et feminin quand il s'asséché. J'aime les deux le meme.

Lana148
Lana148

It amazes me that Acqua di Parma Colonia was created in 1916 and it still smells very current for today. In an opening, you can smell some old fashioned perfume notes, but it doesn't detract from the fragrance, it adds some charm to it. This fragrance has very natural, earthy, herbal feel to it - soft lemon, dry-herbal to my nose. Classic, great for any collector, but to me, it's more masculine than feminine.

frog23
frog23

Do you want to smell like soap??!! YES?? Then here's your cologne. Not even a good soap, I'm talking about Dial or Dove. Plain. Basic. Soap.

brickbishop
brickbishop

My dad wore this fragrance- he bought his first bottle in the 1920's - so for me it is a really beautiful walk down memory lane- it surprisingly doesn't smell old fashioned as one would expect seeing that it was created in 1918- I lost touch with this scent after his passing in 1977 but I bought a bottle about 10 years ago and I wear it when I want to feel grown up (at age 50 lol) It is one of those scents that I get compliments on and makes me smell great even when I get sweaty in this humid New Orleans weather!
If you are able to afford this fragrance it is worth the investment I guarantee...

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

It reminds me lot of the classic green Paco Rabanne Pour Homme on my skin at least.

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

This is so so beautiful. The citrus notes so pure, it's never really wrong. The same classy elegans as a sharp suit, leather handbag.
The herbal notes remind me so of Italy, and the lavender is right down summery!

After using up several samples I bit the bullet and purchased, got the 2x30 ml, good handbag size. Can't wait for summer now. Good lasting power for a cologne, and the sillage on me is very good. One of the few fragrances that a several different people have commented on, and always in a good way!
I really recommend this.

Germany
Germany

Stunning!!! As stunning on a woman as it is on a man. Fresh citrusy and classy. This is the kind of scent you can wear any day, anywhere and it always feels just right and fresh and classy. Its a great scent for summer , shorts and T shirt. Its a scent even for the gym. And its a scent you can even pull off when you have a baby or small kids. It's also a fragrance you can wear with a dress or a suite , to a wedding or a funeral, to work or to play, it's the scent of all times that just makes you smell GREAT and CLASIC.
This is also an all year around fragrance as it's fresh out of the shower kind of smell.
Colonia is comparable to other citrus scents like Portofino and other fresh unisex citrus colognes out there. But still, Colonia is the best of them all, at least in my opinion.
It also reminds me of Italy and Switzerland and handsome well dress men and confident women , smart and knowledgable. Its a clean sophisticated scent in my opinion.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Makes me think of the afterscent of a flowery shampoo right after someone got out of the shower. Opens with a fairly realistic lemon peel and some flowers, but almost immediately starts to get rosier. While lighter than the Assoluta, it maintains its citrussiness somewhat longer. It's too feminine for me in a light, young, delicate way....this is not the EdC for me (4711, Extra Vieille?) but it's quite a lovely piece of work. I like the dustiness and almost Indian spiciness in the far drydown, but I'm not sure that it's worth waiting for.

I can identify in a way with the drunken ramblings of the Baron de Charlus, as relayed to us by the inimitable Naed_Nitram; the Baron attempts to describe this cologne in the loftiest terms of praise, not quite sure to what it conveys the clearest allusion, but in the end he realizes that his line of thought is lost and can never quite reach a conclusion. I, too, feel that AdP recalls snippets of grand imagery, but in a way that leaves me uncertain where it fits into the overall space of scent association. I don't know what it wants to smell like.

Housebliss
Housebliss

This definitely gets better on my skin after about an hour. At first I actually thought about washing it off, but I decided to wait.

It started out quite musty, and not as fresh as I was expecting. It has a bitter soap quality that emerges after 1 - 2 hours. I find this similar to Guerlain's Eau de Cologne du Coq, but I prefer this one.

Out of all the "old school" colognes I've tried, I must say that SMN Acqua di Colonia is my favourite, as it starts out with that freshness I love, and keeps it fresh throughout.

I like it, but I probably won't get another bottle. This cologne is a little too "dirty" for my taste.

Jay T

Ce parfum a été le premier que j'ai commandé il ya quelques mois en ligne et je viens de recevoir de temps à essayer aujourd'hui. J'aime la sensation ancienne, très salon cheveux. Ce fut un plaisir de porter, en particulier ce qui est bien musc.

drakecito
drakecito

A classic work of art.
One of the best citrus colonies better balanced and smells of history.
In my skin lasts around 12-16 hours (with moderate-low silage) and rose note sometimes makes me a little feminine.

Scent: 7.5/10
Sillage: 5/10

rum
rum

There are lemon and citrus-based scents out there all over the place. But there's only one definitive citrus scent out there - Acqua di Parma Colonia original.
Summer just wouldn't be summer without it, so I tend to buy at least a small bottle every year and take it with me on holiday or use it here in the UK if the sun is shining.
Fresh and zesty, with a dash of Mediterranean herbs. Summer in a bottle!

Clws
Clws

On me this smells like my grandpas shaving soap. Wonderful memories of getting up at Gramma's and Grampa's! I'll keep it for that reason alone, but may not wear it much. Just sniff every now and then. Fragrances can be enjoyed in many different ways.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

Enjoyable bright spring day under the Tuscan sun. Initially, this pulls masculine (think barber shop soap ) like many others have mentioned. Then lavender tones this down after 25 minutes into a bright floral herb scent that can make you feel at home in Capri on a sunny day. This scent doesn't quite have a modern audience - I think it would smell great on a sailor or Coast Guard officer as it is strong enough to overpower any seaspray, rum, cigar scents of BO scent. Funnily enough they do market this in a deoderant scent. This formulation is for the dudes, and not a "pretty" or feminine scent. I wish I could smell the original 1919 scent of this baby! It makes me picture a Hollywood starlet in a isolated costal village near Cinque Terra.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This is a strong, fresh, clean scent that is great for summer weather. It admittedly smells to me like expensive, spicy soap and I do understand the image of the "Italian barbers" mentioned by another reviewer, but in a hot climate the citrus and bergamot are most invigorating. The top notes shine the brightest, the dry down has a vaguely honeyed hue.

It's labelled as unisex, but I think the woody basenotes smell more typically masculine.

Rose Hip

It is beautiful and light and really elegant. We always take it for our weekends away. My husband is getting addicted, and I have been ever since I smelled it once in Italy.

I also like the idea of CAry Grant and Audrey Hepburn using it many years ago. Back when people were very elegant and classy :)

Yogamarc
Yogamarc

The initial scent is that of strong citrus, bright and fresh. It calms down quickly to a powdery, old fashioned barber scent which stuck very closely to the skin. A bit too old fashioned in the dry down for me.
After sitting with it for a while, I wanted to wipe it off. Yuck!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

OLD FASHIONED CITRUS

I imagine an Italian barber with a heavy accent from the early part of the last century.

Citrus. Lavender. Powder.

This is a well done classic fragrance.

I just don't fancy it.

anna.dkr5

To increase longevity and projection, I layer this with Glysolid glycerine hand cream, but I guess any glycerine-based lotion might do. I've discovered it by chance. That cream might be a bit too greasy for my hands, but works well for "trapping" molecules. It's managed to make the citrus top notes last for an hour on my skin. Only now are the more aromatic accords starting to emerge.

osiris5
osiris5

If one has to describe this perfume it is really impossible. It is a fragrance with such a long history and with very great memories. It reminds us of the Belle epoché the period before World War I. This is the period of the upper-class living in a jugendstile luxury. It an escape of the Victorian style to the Italian style of Jugendstyle like in the film of Death in Venice is portrayed. Therefore it reminds us of the smell of grandparents. Its powdery note gives a clean feeling.
In its opening it is that fresh morning with citric scent. i think the powdery scent comes from rose-marine , musk and lemon verbena with sandalwood in the base.
It first smells like a soapy cheap perfume but it opens to very nice powdery scent which gives y a fresh and clean feeling.

mrs2241
mrs2241

اکثر محصولات این شرکت ترکیبی از بوی مرکبات،خصوصا ترنج هست و دوام رضایت بخشی ندارن....

theloniu
theloniu

I'm not crazy about this fragrance at all. I find it neither classy or timeless. To me after the extreme citrus opening, it dries into a stale smelling old man fragrance and I'm 50, so I'm no spring chicken. Very glad I didn't buy a bottle. I did buy a 2ml sample so I tried this a few times, each time liking it less than the time before.

anna.dkr5

It could be better. I need to give it a few more wearings. The opening smells very natural, and it's a blast of citrus, redolent of lemon zest. This scent lasts for about an hour on my skin, then becomes lighter, and a bit soapy. I've got occasional faint whiffs of lavender, but no rose, unfortunately. It's not an offensive smell, but on my skin it's more linear than I hoped it would be.
This could be the kind of fragrance I'd wear when I don't really feel like wearing perfume.

EDIT: An hour and a half later, lavender and rosemary emerge. I didn't think it would take so long for the lemon zest scent to subside (at least a little).
The result is a subtle, clean laundry smell. Pleasant, but I don't find it sexy.

EDIT PART II: I'm wearing it again today, and I appreciated the opening better than yesterday. The drydown is nearly non-existent. I'm still going to wear this because it's inoffensive, but I'm not going to repurchase it. I respect it, but it's just not for me. It's disappointing, because I really thought I was going to love this one. I've smelt drugstore perfumes and even room sprays that I find more pleasant than this juice.

EDIT PART III: Okay, I had misjudged this fragrance. It took my nose a little while to do it justice. Now, I actually wish it lasted longer.

Art2112
Art2112

Smells fantastic!
8.0/10

grdowntown2020
grdowntown2020

I love this cologne! It's refined, classy and timeless. It's a high-end barbershop. It remind you when stars were really stars like Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. That's Hollywood royalty at its highest. If you worship today's trashy, famous-for-nothing, fame-whore crowd (regardless of how little or much money they have), then this scent it not for you. Also, if you like the bombastic Donald Trump types, then you should walk on by.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Wow. Just.. wow! What a great scent right from the very first spritz. I never looked into this line much, and only sought a sample of Colonia because I've realized I love a well integrated rose note and have been trying to smell all the major players in that category and kept hearing the name Colonia pop up.

The lemon opening is a bit tart and sour, very bright, extremely refreshing. No hint of plastic or any other synthetic quality that often adorns the initial spray of lesser frags. The lemon is so strong it completely dominates the scent for the first 10 minutes or so, and I was beginning to doubt that a rose note would emerge through the overwhelming brightness - like one doubts the sun will ever appear again on a particularly melancholy, overcast day - except in reverse.

Alas, the first thing to pierce through the hesperidic armor was a small hint of lavender; trailing in its shadow the rose whose presence was simply felt rather than smelled at this point. The two, together, subdue the lemon a bit and quickly round off any tart and sour edges that remain. The whole thing quickly becomes smooth and round and.. soft. Yes, the lavender settles and the rose emerges, a queen proudly taking seat on her throne next to her husband the charistmatic and ever-jolly lemon.

The heart transitions more and more from lemon dominant to rose dominant, although the lemon never disappears fully - it's presence is, just as the rose at its unveiling - at least felt, if not directly smelled. The rose is soft and a bit powdery, and the fragrance as a whole retains its upbeat, uplifting, cheery attitude.

I don't know if it's simply a factor of the quality of ingredients, its EdC strength, a combination of the two, or something else, but this fragrance smells undeniably natural, which in turn lends to it an elegant air. It is a scent that, no matter how many times you bring your wrist to your nose to sniff, could never give you a headache nor burning nostrils. If you suffered a bout of amnesia after spraying, you'd have no problem believing this is how skin naturally smells. Not to say that it smells like skin, but it integrates so well with the skin that the usual separation between 'natural scent' and 'applied scent' dissolves like a drop of ink in a glass of water.

A marvelous scent, and I'm only an hour into it. It's faded a bit already though, and fear I won't get more than 3-4 hours total longevity. C'est la vie. I'd rather be left wanting more than wishing for less.

SeverinaSerizy
SeverinaSerizy

This smells like a holiday. Strolls in the afternoon in a shadowy piazza. Crisp and a very refreshing scent a perfekt cologne to splash on after a hot day. It feels like a breeze flying in a white linnen shirt. A fresh citrus, nice green herbal and uni sex as in Katherine Hepburn.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

AdP Colonia smells like a very refined eau de cologne with beautiful, eye-opening zests of lemon, bergamot, lime, neroli, lavender, and rosemary, with the fruity citrus notes rapidly transitioning into woodier tones (the neroli), and then into aromatic herbs (lavender/rosemary). Within an hour I get a pleasant ylang-ylang and rose accord, underpinned by very light sandalwood, given a few extra minutes of longevity by oakmoss and musk.

Ingredient quality is very good, note separation is exceptional but still very well-blended, and the whole composition feels seamless and solid. Although widely considered a cologne, I can't help but feel that Colonia is actually an early iteration of what we've all come to know as a fresh fougere. It has bergamot and lavender up top, coumarin and oakmoss in the middle (check the ingredients list, and you'll find coumarin is pretty high up on there), and musk down below. That's a classic fougere structure, which in this instance strongly resembles a pure EdC. There really aren't that many differences between colognes and fougeres when you consider the notes they have in common, so I find it interesting that these elements play out in such a clean and refined manner here.

Colonia is definitely a unisex classic, harboring a freshness and delicacy that women can enjoy, while also offering some mossy woods for the guys. As far as colognes go, I think it blows both 4711 and Farina Extra Vieille right out of the water. I can't help but think of Colonia as more cologne-like than fougere-like because of how prominent its citrus-herbal accord is, and that's fine by me, because when classifications are left aside, Colonia just smells classy.

A light, crisp summer scent with an oily base note of kind you get with real flower extracts. Definitely rooted in tradition.

jazzlannister
jazzlannister

One of my favorite fragrances of all times. So happy and delicious.
I always imagine a summer day with a big field of sunflowers on the background. I love it. Such a pity it is so hard to find here in Brazil.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Ummm, where do I start with this? Oh! The lime! Fresh old school colonia opening. A nice scent for day time, maybe with a white button up or even night time as well. Summer fragance? Yes, preferably for hotter weather. Green, fresh, citrusy, warm. Try it.

Terese2
Terese2

The whole idea of unisex perfume is vile. For what is perfume's magic but the ability to enhance the delicious differences in the sexes?

Acqua di Parma Colonia is an exception to sexually neutral scents. It makes a woman smell lusciously feminine and a man smell sophisticated and strong. Go figure.

All that lemon and rose and lavender and rosemary should create an impression of green coolness. It should make one feel clean. Very very clean.

Instead, it smells like the way men's skin smells in a light ocean breeze. And it brings to mind the the softness of women's skin. It is an olfactory crisp-white-shirt that somehow makes a man amazingly masculine and a woman the essence of feminine allure. Colonia is an enhancement of la difference in all its truthful relaxed wonder.

What a joy to wear this old-time cologne. It's warmth makes me smile at being an unmistakable girl.

antfarm
antfarm

Very handsome, unisex, refined, and uplifting. A light and optimistic cologne. Fresh and clean with an herbal whisper in the background.

I sampled this on my skin twice--sadly, it was not detectable beyond a half hour. I'll be passing this sample along to my boyfriend whose body temperature tends to run a lot warmer and amps fragrances more than mine.

jestech
jestech

Don't judge this on smelling it in the bottle, or on the initial spray or you'll think it's nothing more than lemon scented Barbosol. The initial Barbosol and lemon blast gives way to a fresh lemon, slighly spicy scent. Great lasting drydown with this one.

Juve2253
Juve2253

Just I can say : it's very nice

Marianne Wynn
Marianne Wynn

I initially got a sample over a year ago, tried it wasn't impressed. I also tried the magnolia scent, the iris scent , the fico de alfami, and the myrtle. I like the myrtle alot, but I also had to go back after the initial to try it. This morning when I sprayed this, I was struck with wonder, it is fabulous, I love it, it is spring, it is sunshine. I think for me this makes a good case for reviewing scents before I pass judgments on them.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Citrus, flowers, spices. A classic - it was formulated in 1916 - it smells wonderful, exactly what a good men's scent should smell like. I like it a lot. Sadly, my wife is indifferent to it. Her initial comment about it was "Eh," modulating later on to "I like it."

I feel very dressy wearing it.

chrisaxp
chrisaxp

he initial hit of this is sicilian citrus and even a bit lemon (actually verbena) and it is a very strong initial hit. But it drys down slowly into a much more subtle and softer middle of lavender, rosemary, and rose. Then finally into a darker amber, musk, vetiver mix. Think of it as the lemons and oranges of a sunny summer morning, the flowers that you bring to your lover during the day, and the passionate lusty night ahead of you. This scent is absolutely unisex and it is powerful and mature. I have only owned this cologne for a few months and it is slowly but surely is becoming one of my favorites. A few notes: it is pricey, it is powerful, and it requires a sense of self confidence to pull this cologne off.

ladykarl
ladykarl

For some reason i was really expecting something a little stuffy and kinda standard smelling. But this is so so fresh (and amazingly not soapy)!! Like someone handed me a bowl of giant Amalfi lemons and im transported the beautiful rocky coast and everything is calm and beautiful and the family is preparing an amazing meal with homemade wine and these lemons from the garden. Magnifico.

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

This is a really great cologne... Fresh, soapy, clean, natural smelling, long lasting and dynamic, a real winner.

Love the blast of honeyed mediterranean citrus at the start with the clean soapy freshness, followed by lavender in the heart phase. The rose and musk comes out during the drydown and add a layer of sophistication.

A dynamic cologne with defined phases and surprising tenacity... Great!

jozemo
jozemo

spritz this juice ,on your white button down,your rugby or polo shirt before wearing.stays with you thru the day,or go O.G. style spritz it on the cotton pocket square and stick it back in the sport coat or suit,comfortable and refined fragrance,so get your grown man on !Love this warm weather smell.

pz213
pz213

dry down is beautiful, makes the ladies crazy :)

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

Super fine mist from the atomizer with this one. Wonderful fresh clean citrus. Best applied right out of the shower.
A bit on the classy side but sill casual enough for most. I really enjoy this when the weather warms up.

KJS88
KJS88

I badly underestimated this fragrance. I'd only smelled it twice, spritzing one or two sprays from a dept. store tester, half empty and probably old; I only got lemon and a musty, dry, dusty potpourri note.

Then some time ago, a friend sent a big splash bottle from Italy. So I thought what the hell and liberally sprayed both my neck and shirt. Wow.

That wearing completely changed my mind.

This is a handsome smell. Warm but clean and fresh lemon and lavender top notes underpinned by a soft, powdery woody rose dry down. At once classy and classic.

Beautiful stuff.

My tip to get the best of it is to wear it seldom (it IS expensive) but wear it generously on clean skin and clothing.

Oslo-fjord

Sophisticated classic. A masterpiece!

stacey.donovan
stacey.donovan

Oh, wow, is this nice for summer. I can smell the lemon (uh, Sicilian citrus, I guess), lavender, rosemary, and something swanky. It makes me think of the movie To Catch a Thief, where Cary Grant and Grace Kelly are driving around in a convertible on the French Riviera. I wear it and dab it on my husband, too.

limited Edition
limited Edition

I love lemon scented fragrances as I find them very refreshing in Summer..In turkey they have a product called Colognia which is sold in 300ml plastic bottles..And guest what?..There really isny a significant differance between Christian Dior, Acqua di parma and the standard linear Turkish colognia..except the price..in Turkey its roughly $5 American for 300ml..

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

This is bitter orange and bergamot up front for a short time. So it's not really a "CITRUS" fragrance. The lemon, the bergamot, it's gone after a little while. Then you've got patchouli and some floral notes.

It is a classic Chypre. Why isn't Oakmoss listed in the notes? This is loaded with oakmoss. LOADED

Smells clean and dirty at the same time. A little hint of something that reminds me of soap. Not young, not modern, not trendy, just good.

9-na
9-na

A present. Loved it. One of my favourite colognes. Soft... but strong, sweet... but fresh. Not too sweet and not too fresh, but normal, with a touch of tobacco and sea. And nobody believed me if I said it was a cologne, women asked what a nice and feminine something I was wearing, men stepped closer for the next sniff.

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

ACQUA DI PARMA COLONIA IS A SOPHISTICATED AN CLEAN AN NATURAL FRAGRANCE THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU JUST STEPED OUT OF PRESIDENTIAL BARBERSHOP With a FRESH HAND ROLLED CIGAR,

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Ach, no. The rosemary opening completely turns the scent into yet another herbal-citrus affair. There is no sweetness here!

Rosemary-lemon combo gives a 'lime' with bitter herb effect and one can easily (and have already done so!) make comparisons to the Dior Eau Sauvage line! In fact I'd say the mainstreaming 'designer vibe' of that scent even makes it preferable, and superior to this offering by di Parma.

Not green thankfully, but herbal-bitter just doesn't float my boat and lack of significant sweet grapefruit and amber further dampen things.

I was hoping this could have been a smoother/sweeter more mellow take on lemons and oranges, but sadly it's anything but. I dare say at times it flirts with the realms of bug-spray. Strange, because for a niche it's not even a very fine-line to distinguish a sweet/soft citrus from the millions of herbal affairs out there, yet this just dumps straight into the lazy latter (retro-Chypre). Simply not good enough. (I'm aware this IS one of the original Chypres so my criticisms may seem totally inappropriate, but haven't they redesigned the bottle? It's beutifully modern! Why use this to hide the fact the juice as as retro as you'll find?)

So, not something I'd call 'safe' even! May be refined, but definitely not sensual. It's impossible with such a hard-hitting (dated even) note like rosemary!

2/5.

I love it!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This has to be the best traditional citrus cologne known to mankind. It reeks of sophistication in a bottle. Grown up citrus followed by Lavendar which I am not a fan of & some nice floral notes. This is not the teenage sugary sweet stuff. Pure class & sophistication for when you want people to know you have great taste.

This cologne last a good 6 hours on me before coming faint. Much better than any of these summer frags being produced today. It is summer in a bottle, it is a lavish party on the coast of the Hawaiian islands.

It projects medium to low on me which is not bad. Wearing a all white outfit suits this fragrance perfectly. If you have any reservations about Acqua di Parma Colonia smelling old & or outdated, please save you breath. It is anything BUT! You can't do much better than this. Enjoy!

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

I absolutely love AdP, I wish it wasn't so damn expensive. I stumbled upon it maybe 7 years ago, when a department store Parma lady gave me a sample whiff - I initially walked by, but then came right back and bought not only the scent but also a body moisturizer and a shower gel! Love at first sight.

Classy, "old Italy" and heritage are words that come to mind. You can totally get the mental image of a summer evening at one of the lakes.

In my opinion it's the perfect summer scent (for men), that's suitable for both the day and night. I personally like it best during sunny days.

Jayne58
Jayne58

I am absurdly fond of Acqua di Parma Colonia - what is not to like?

I have been having a 'lemon day' today because I have a lot of work to do and need to feel fresh, alert and energised. I started with Eau d'Hadrian, which lasted all of 30 minutes, followed up with Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte, which went for about 4 hours before the top notes faded. Then I added several applications of Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom (enjoyable for about an hour apiece) but I've saved the best until last - I know that this will stay until well past bed-time, at least 6 hours going by past experience.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

Fresh and Cary Grant sophisticated citrus. love it.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

No need to go over what everyone else has said about this classic fragrance. I wish it were a bit cheaper, but those who wear it would say it's definitely worth the money. Fresh, clean, citrus and lemon. Perfect for anytime, anywhere and has pretty good longevity.

sunlover
sunlover

Clean, comfortable, sexy, confidently standing on your own two feet, and relaxed. I love to wear this everyday. At first spraying I get citrus, then little by little I get the soft rose and lavender. The drydown is barely there, and I like the understated elegance of the entire process. I am 22, and do not know anyone else who wears this. I am sure it smells amazing on men as well.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

The opening citrus accord is stunning and lush which leads to the lavender and rosemary notes. After a while a beautiful rose blooms from the composition and it gets slightly sweeter and powdery. With the basenotes you get a lovely white musk with hints of the glory of the citrus and rose.

This is like a glorious fanfare or song and dance act though short is executed to perfection. I am really impressed with the quality of the ingredients and how lush they feel upon your skin.

Though the sillage is poor and the longevity is short this is a wonderful cologne done with panache and style. Thumds up.

I really tried to like this one, but not only is it harsh (at first), but the projection ("sillage") drops off quite a bit after an hour or so, and it seems too simple overall. I prefer fragrances like Paco Rabanne Pour Homme instead (the vintage version only). I wish I could tell you if you would like it, but because I just don't understand the appeal of this fragrance, I don't know how to assess it for fans of traditional cologne type scents (I'm not one of those fans). Most of what I look for in a fragrance is not present here: balance, complexity, dynamism, and note contrast. As you might expect, it smells natural and there is good note separation.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I was searching high and low for an herbal fragrance, and I found it most unexpectedly in a lemony cologne.

I love the lemon freshness of Eau d'Hadrien, but it was a bit too linear for me, lemons all the way and no sillage.

I bought Colonia blindly. It's as splendid as I hoped it would be. It opens with a blast of candied lemon zest. After several minutes, it became extremely herbacious, like an herb garden full of rosemary and sweet, natural lavender. The musk is so light that the fragrance *almost* smells like soap, but it retains its identity as a cologne. It's well-blended and perfectly balanced.

I find this perfume to be about as masculine as the oh-so-popular Elixir des Merveilles. I would recommend Colonia to a woman who doesn't want the spice.

Italy is my favorite place to visit in the whole world. There IS something quintessential Italian about Colonia. Perhaps it's the tradition of quality, the elegant beauty, the ability to take something simple and turn it into something romantic...

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

The Acqua Di Parma signature fragrance. Fell in love with it when I first smelled the samples of it back in 1997 at Nordstrom in Seattle. Shortly after I bought it, and will keep buying it for life.

Very unique 1 of a kind smell! Hands down!!
Feels like you step back into old world Art Deco charm when you put this on!

I love the Sicilian Citrus in the scent!!
A WINNER FOR LIFE!!!!!!

Decodawn
Decodawn

Classic, refreshing a great travel holiday fragrance

The lavender and rosemary of Acqua di Parma COLONIA are so salient to my nose that this fragrance actually evokes in my mind vague memories of JICKY! Even more, I am reminded of barbershops. Well, I cannot say that I've spent a lot of time in such places, but this cologne definitely reminds me of my stored images of barbershops from films—especially mafia-related.

Audrey Hepburn wore this? Cela m'étonne. Perhaps she only admired it, on her male friends? As for myself, I would never, ever choose to wear this composition. I may not even finish my mini (which I received along with a purchase of IRIS NOBILE). I don't even consider COLONIA a citrus fragrance so much as a facsimile of expensive shaving cream! Do women really wear this???

linkypinky
linkypinky

Very Old World feel about it (makes me think of Tuscany). Great for warm sunny days of spring and autumn.

I always like this beautiful cologne everytime I happen to smell it from tester and samples. It's such an elegant and uplifting smell! It would be perfect on my man if he only wanted to wear perfume. No way.

Never mind, Acqua Di Parma is wonderful on my skin too, even if I perceive it as mainly masculin but in a very gentle way. No rough notes, no macho pungent smells, no bitter dry taken to all the "extreme" version of any male scent.
The quality of ingredients makes it like a 4711 Cologne amplified to higher levels.

Acqua di Parma is a quiet, fresh, conforting and absolutely refined scent for a man who doesn't need to scream to be noticed, yet HE gets noticed nonetheless!
I especially love the rosemary and citrus notes mixed with gentle floral. The dry down is musky but never invadent. Lasting power is long.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I was in a perfume department the other day and went a bit perfume crazy (well, actually that's normal for me when in a perfume department because then I'm like a kid in a candy store and want to try everything - except the stinky ones, of course!) spritzing myself around the place and testing 10 or more perfumes. I was drawn to the Acqua Di Parma section, where I had tested the magnolia fragrance recently (which is lovely!) so I tested a few fragrances and this was one of them. Other than their magnolia perfume this was the only one that I really, really liked!

Acqua di Parma Colonia to me is very classy smelling, clean, fresh and just delightful to smell! I didn't test it on my skin but on a tester strip and it still smells wonderful 2 days later. I can't stop sniffing it! It smells sooo good, aromatherapeutic, uplifting and sexy to me. In fact, it actually makes me feel kinda frisky!! If I smelled this on an attractive male I'd probably find it hard to control myself and to refrain from clambering onto him, ripping his clothes off and having my wanton way with him, so it seems to arouse some primal instincts in me and maybe has some aphrodisiac properties secreted in it!! Having said that, it definitely would smell just as nice on a woman as a guy, presumably thanks to the rose, jasmine and citrus, and is miles better as a unisex scent than something like CK One because it smells so refined, smooth and luxurious. I'd definitely love to get my hands on a bottle of this wonderful stuff. Not only does it smell great but the bottles of these scents are so nice and elegant. This is a big, BIG winner for me and well worth spending a few extra bucks on! :-))

fragru
fragru

Very classical and pure. Fit for business or casual use alike. Refinement in the superlative. Does not scream for attention, is subtle.

Grottola
Grottola

One of the best Eau de Colognes ever made.

Lemony-citrus with some neroli, florals, and an overall clean/soapy feel. It lasts long enough to leave you satisfied, but you'll want more. Layer it with the bath products and enjoy your stay in heaven.

krmarich
krmarich

Perhaps the quintessential mens fragrance. Its truely one of the oldest and most successful. Every thing for men to follow has obviously been influenced by this timeless classic. Eau Savauge anybody?

A friend introduced me to it an had to do a double take. I thought "Aqua" was some kind of aquatic. I was wrong on all accounts! This is the pinnacle of mens status fragrance.

The_Drake
The_Drake

This cologne has many superlatives. They can all be summarised in one word: UNCOMPROMISING!

A classic (in the true sense of the word) that never ceases to amaze me.

Extremely classic Eau De Cologne. Perfect, masterfully executed, incredibly natural and familiar....maybe too much. I honestly can't disencourage anybody to try this one but be aware that this is a "no-surprise" citrusy-soapy Eau De Cologne, that's it.

If Eau De Cologne is what you're looking for, go ahead as you won't be disappointed.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Ahhhh... luxury spa, not the type of metropolitan beauty spa in the middle of an urban jungle, but rather one smack dab in a wooded pine forest high up on a mountain with crisp, clarifying air.

Colonia opens like it has a fresh juniper accord which I guess comes from the rosemary and lavender, earthy and herbal with an evergreen undertone and some mouthwatering bergamot to compliment.

Colonia becomes slightly sweeter as it warms, enveloping the skin with its freshness and letting off a little sauna-like, woody sweetness with gentle musk and radiant amber. The florals aren't overt but lend a little beauty to this refreshing perfume.

Wonderfully uplifting yet calming all at once with it's grounded finish. Big recommend for a refined aromatherapeutic escape.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Hmm.... I always wanted to try this perfume and finally got my sample..This perfume opens with so much of spiciness.. after 15-20 min,it turns to a soapy smell.. I'm sad coz I had very High hopes on this one. kinda like it... but not in love with it....

beren1969
beren1969

I've been using it for 10 years now, ... but it just drew my attention that it contains benzenes, so you can have your car run on it ...
For that price you expect an all natural product instead of a very well marketed, and low quality (i.e. synthetic) ingredients cologne.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

In my recent quest to "upgrade" my summer fragrance wardrobe, I finally committed to go back to basics and revert to the good old classics of which Acqua di Parma is probably THE quintessential classic summer fragrance.

It is Jil Sander's "Sun" for men, just more sophisticated with the gorgeous Sicilian Citrus opening, followed by an almost Mimosa style opulent yasmine thrust, paired with Bulgarian Rose that elevates you to a place higher than then sun in the zenith of Sicilia.

If the sun smelled it would be this scent (or Jil Sander's "Sun" but that would be too obvious).

It makes me instantly cheerful and happy, like that first official summer morning when the swifts and swallows have arrived with their softly celebrating chirpy noises.

It is a very NATURAL scent. Gentle, yet powerfully potent like that phat and juicy yellow of its packaging that could not be more suitable for this scent.

A MASTERPIECE whichever way you look at it.

Oslo-fjord

Classy, sophisticated, elegant, stylish, refined... The superlatives are so many! Colonia is a classical Italian gentlemans citrus-cologne with cult status around the world. It`s the best in it`s segment, and together with its brother Intensa, it`s the best from this company even though longevity could be better(it`s an edc). Highly recommended!

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

If you take it on its own terms it's not bad.

It's true that anything this straightforwardly citrus-y, with lavender to follow, will have unavoidable associations with the barbershop, but on the plus side it is very natural-smelling and uncomplicated, and its very lack of depth may be a refreshing thing in itself.

A fresh smell without being sweet, the undercurrent of verbena and vetiver make it just that bit non-linear as it dries.

For my money, though, if I wanted something in this direction I would wear Guerlain Vetiver.

treenhe
treenhe

initially i found this to be sooo citrusy and sharp and then after about 10 mins, it became like an old fashioned and generic 'aftershave' scent. i couldn't resist sniffing it all the time though...something that surprised me. it made me feel quite alert :) but, after about 30 mins it really mellowed. the sharpness and acidity went, replaced by a gorgeous soap-like (not soapy) and clean quality. it smelled truly fresh and wasn't the usual 'freshness' attempted by others. i think it is the only really unisex fragrance i have ever tried. it is relaxing, sophisticated, focused (NOT boring) and it reeks of class. i loved it.

Louw
Louw

I feel almost guilty about this, but I really loathe this fragrance. I find it offensively citrussy and very sharp. On me, it refused to settle down to anything more mellow and remained determinedly lemony and quite bitter. One of those fragrances I really wanted to be able to wash off! It's a pity really because I feel on the right person's skin it could to be a lovely, refined and quite Summery scent.

*Many thanks to Lana Lool for the generous gift of a spray sample of this little piece of Heaven!*

Everything about this fragrance says elegant simplicity. The bottle, the formula, the scent. COLONIA take things found so commonly in many perfumes and create something luxurious yet clean, rich and special...

Zesty citruses open this scent with a crisp and juicy feeling, as the green rosemary and warm soft lavender embace to make a clean almost "soapy" scent. The flowers (rose and jasmine) take a while to appear, but when they do...it's sheer and stunning beauty; being neither too masculine, nor feminine. Though the clean feeling of the citruses, herbs and flowers are still there; the rose is soft and somewhat dry as jasmine whispers of "sexiness" and flirts subtly. This is not "sexy", as in musky or carnal; it is sexy in the way a man just out of the shower, dripping with water and beautiful in his most natural form, is sexy. Most "citrus" scent have the problem of fading too quickly; not so with AdP Colonia...the freshness lasts and lasts (on me) only to settle to an ever so slight, warm woody muskiness surrounded by memories of flowers and bright sparkling citrus. Heavenly!

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 5/5 Absolutely Divine!

I can see where parallels to other similar scents could be drawn (4711, Eau d'Hadrien, etc...) but there is nothing quite like AdP Colonia. I get more of a Guerlain Eau de Cologne Imperiale vibe from this, myself. Although, THIS lasts much longer than Imperiale does, and smells much better. Colonia IS expensive (I only have this in a spray sample from another member, due to its hefty price) but SO worth it; if you like citrusy and elegantly clean fragrances that are well-made and last! There is something very "pure" about this scent, as well as something, though it is simple and clean, that says (NOT screams) class and style. One of (if not) the best citrus scents ever...

Lilski
Lilski

There is something magical about this scent. Which transcends gender, time of day and season.

It's top note is sparkling alcoholic, like a fizzy citrusy vodka, as it dries, and you get it's mid note, it's powdery, clean, soft and gently floral, surprisingly warm.

It's great for mixing with water for ironing your favourite pillow cases, it's great for spritzing at the end of the day to feel revitalised, this scent rocks... official.

altr01
altr01

This is my idea of heaven. Smells like Thomas Mann's 'warm and sunny south'. It is very mood-enhancing, lingers long (also on clothing), is refreshing on application but dries down to something very sophisticated. As some previous correspondents have also noted, it always makes me feel happy.

MDWake8
MDWake8

If it was good enough for Carey Grant, its good enough for me. Classic, clean and rich. It doesn't get much better. The bottles and boxes are still made in Parma Italy. The scent carries for 5 hrs plus and is unmistakably clean. One of my all time favs.

Here I was, expecting a typical citrus-based, predominantly lemon scent - something along the lines of Eau d'Hadrien or 4711 eau de cologne. Colonia may open with all the pizzazz of bright lemon and all its crispness, but within the development of this scent, Colonia becomes very complex and indeed very pleasing to the nose.

Despite a classic approach, Colonia can be perceived as modern. Unisex this fragrance is indeed; it is neither too feminine nor too masculine. For that reason, this perfume is great for a couple to share during the warmer months.

When first applied, Colonia with its obvious lemon note, sparkles for the first few minutes. What I love so much about this fragrance is that the citrus is not sharp or masculine. I would describe the citrusy top notes as being rather smooth.

The moment the heart began to develop, I was quite astounded as to how powdery and floral the scent became. The rose note is glorious, with the lavender providing a relaxing yet silky feel.

It's more towards the drydown where this fragrance begins to smell faintly like old-fashioned, expensive soap. It's a mixture of rose-scented talcum powder and lavender soap with a touch of bright citrus.

The contrast between sparkly citrus and powdery florals is to die for, (at least in my humble opinion). The lasting power is quite incredible and the sillage, although not all that strong, certainly has a distinctive presence.

I find it very hard not to like this fragrance. I would go so far as to hold this fragrance in such high-esteem alongside Iris Nobile, also by Acqua di Parma, which is another love of mine.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Classy and classic. Top-shelf, the real deal.

A great citrus always wins me over and this does it in spades. Spring/ Summer time is its domain. It evokes a glourious past as well as a promising present.

The initail whiff might throw you but give it a few moments and the citrus settle down in tandem with the musk to work its magic.

To appreciate it one must give in to it. Mature without an old attitude. This fragrance says, I want to take you higher!

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I had high hopes for this one. Many celebrities were supposedly wearing it, loving it, and blabbing about it and I guess I bought into the whole hype aspect. However, to me- it smells a lot like the much more affordable 4711...although it lasts a lot longer. I finally figured out I would like it a lot more on my boyfriend and it smelled like pure, warm, heaven on him. So, I have to say this is a great one for men.

shamus1
shamus1

Luca Turin described AdP as having "an Edwardian feel" to it, implying that it's a cologne for dandies. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, there is a floral note in it, but to me, it reminds me of being on the beach in the heat of summer on the Cote d'Azur, where the air smells like lavender and ocean spray - the best smell on earth. I see a person from the Mediterranean wearing this, not some uptight fop. Putting aside AdP's pretentious and ridiculous advertising campaigns a la Creed (an $80 AdP room candle, with an AdP bathrobe to go with it?! Give me a break), it is truly a wonderful and refined fragrance that a man or a woman can wear. It's beautiful, uplifting and never fails to put me in a great mood when I wear it.

PR
PR

I decided to look for some citrus/fresh scents and I couldn't pass this by of course. Initial bitter burst is quite unpleasant I should say, but it develops citrus and fresh notes very quickly. I'm not too decided about it, good scent in general, but I dislike feeling of my nose burning inside&out and bitter notes. I'm looking from my citrus scent to be strong and more fresh..bitterness not wanted ..no no. But it is just for me

Boggi
Boggi

MMM.. i want this for my self. I thought I didn't like fresh scents, but this one is more mature and authentic

soirdelune
soirdelune

My partner recently bought this, after deliberating between the various Acqua di Parma colognes. I was thrilled -- this is an extremely refined scent. Robustly citrus on application, it settles down to mellow, musky tones. A grown-up scent, with a whiff of exclusivity.