Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile Acqua di Parma for women

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile Acqua di Parma for women
dislike

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile Acqua di Parma for women Pictures

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile continues tradition of classical fragrances of this house. The perfume arrives in July 2009, in a flacon shaped like flacon of Iris Nobile. It incorporates essences of bergamot, citruses, cedar, magnolia, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla and vetiver. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100ml edp. Perfumer is Antoine Maisondieu.

Bergamot Lemon Citron

Clinique Happy

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile Fragrance Reviews

justfloral
justfloral

Southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) + musky base.

lumberjack
lumberjack

Take only a sip of Pina Colada, close your eyes and think about summer nights at the beach bar's. Little breeze in the air, sound of waves...

Open your ears, Magnolia Nobile wants to say something...

miako
miako

Who doesn't like the smell of fresh lemons?

So it's not a magnolia solo- who cares? I can't believe there are negative reviews of this perfume. It is not my go-to, but how could anyone dislike this? it is the freshest, zingiest, yet softly floral marvel of a perfume that smells nothing short of a glorious no-clouds-in-sight summer day in Capri! It is the best pick me up for those dull days when you think, why can't I be done with this day already.

at the beginning the bergamot and lemons explode (with elegance, I must add, this is no cheap scent), then the flowers seep in from both sides.if you are patient, you will be able to pick out all the gentle flowers that follow. The dry down is soft, lingering... dreamy. gorgeous!

Stella-Maris2
Stella-Maris2

I came upon this one at Saks by chance, liked it in the bottle, then liked it on paper, then loved it on my skin. I walked around the mall for several hours to see how this fragrance aged on my skin--still loved it, and bought it. I've never made a perfume decision that quickly.

The citrus top notes mix beautifully with the white flowers beneath. The jasmine is divine. Like umsultan below, I also pick up the lily of the valley.

It smells like my parent's green room when the orange flowers and jasmines are in bloom. This fragrance is not soapy, not very sweet, not musky. Nothing tacky and overblown in this composition. It's tasteful. I just love it.

Update: The more I use it, I'm finding that I'm conscious all day of a heavy licorice-like note, and the citrus that I thought I picked up when I first tried it is no longer a note to my nose. Still a lovely floral scent.

umsultan
umsultan

I just got my mini sample of this. impression: Love at first sniff. i Love floral perfumes. but its hard to find the perfect floral these days, floral perfumes are either soapy or candied. this one, although many says its more citrus-y than floral. i dunno! yes, its fresh like summer fruits. but to my nose first thing i smell is magnolia then tuberose. and on my skin i can even smell lily of the valley!(although its not written there) its so fresh and i can tell this is made with high quality ingredients, the notes blends very well. this is my first experience with Acqua di Parma perfumes. I cant wait to test other perfumes from this brand.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of Magnolia Nobile is indeed very lemony, which fits the 'cologne' aesthetic of Acqua di Parma. The lemon is not aggressive to my nose. It feels kind of powdery, but not dry or overly juicy. It's almost like fine yellow crystals shimmering in the sunlight.

The magnolia languorously enters the scene. At first, it's mingled with the citrus, as the later enhances the watery lemony aspect of magnolia. Later on, as the citrus gradually steps aside, the magnolia takes on a slightly waxy texture while remaining transparent, as if I'm sniffing the redolence among the fleshy petals of magnolia.

The fragrance eventually becomes a silky skin scent of white floral after about 5 hours. Except for a faint trace of tuberose and jasmine, I'm unable to discern other notes clearly, especially the base notes, but I'm sure that they help to ground the white floral discreetly, unlike some overwhelming white musk.

The sillage is relatively soft and the longevity is around 9 hours. Magnolia Nobile is arguably quite simple in structure, but executed beautifully. It may not be the most realistic rendition of magnolia, but both the watery lemony and waxy aspects are present, and it's more like an artistic representation of magnolia, bright but not blinding, as if the magnolia is seen through a pale gold lens. Classy, elegant and feminine, yet in an effortless manner and somehow laid back, I'd definitely recommend it as a versatile citrus-floral fragrance.

oks-oks
oks-oks

Fresh, light, lively, crisp and juicy citrusy white floral! Great for summer and heat. The first blast and you get tons of citruses, then magnolia, then it settles into classy white floral. The citrus stays noticeable to the end. This one is high quality, well blended with freshness, sweet and bitter notes and juicy citrus. Compared to Acqua di Parma Acqua Nobile Magnolia EDT this one has much better sillage and longevity.

varykino
varykino

Like Tonileefiore, I was introduced to this fragrance at the Italian pavillion of Epcot, in 2013 in my case. I walked out of there with a fan of scented paper strips and had expected to love the Iris Nobile Sublime best, but instead found my nose glued to the strip spritzed with Magnolia Nobile. As it turned out, my perfume purchases that day took place in the French pavillion, at the Guerlain counter, but I kept the strip until there was scarcely more than an imaginary scent clinging to it. Two years later I made the plunge and bought it blind (well, practically blind — I don't count it as tested unless I've tried it on my skin).

Turns out... I really should have tested it on skin. :( I don't know, that day in Orlando was probably about 30C, not a frequent occurrence where I live, so maybe this fragrance needs heat to really bloom? Or maybe I just like it better on paper than I do on me. I remember it as soft, warm and sweet, but wearing it I find it so thick, so jasmine'y; the citrus feels almost nectar-syrupy, yet it's actually a bit sour on my skin. It's not atrocious and I dutifully wear it now and again, but I find it's too sharp to be comfy and too dense to be summery. It seems to lack any element of the unexpected, too; it basically just sings out the same notes but gradually weaker over the hours that it clings (and boy does it cling). I do like it better as it fades, but I suspect it's because it softens to a more tolerable pitch, not because it develops into something I truly enjoy better.

Granted, jasmine doesn't tend to love my skin, and I've never smelled an actual magnolia blossom in my life so I can only envy those who have that sort of association to pin this fragrance against (it does sound gorgeous). Maybe if I had, I'd get it? Anyway, I hope I'll learn this time: no. more. blind. buys. And paper strips don't count. Damnit.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

I've tried Magnolia Nobile quite a few times now. My experience with this perfume is so different from everyone's that I'm not sure what's going on... but I get a big, big magnolia straight from the beginning. This magnolia is not sweet, but loud. I also smell jasmine and strong tuberose which makes it even more floral. Citron is light, and to my nose it doesn't blend well with magnolia. No rose, no vetiver.

This whole fruity flowery mess dries down to a shampoo/hairspray type of scent on me and is not very attractive. Longevity is a good 7 hours and projection 2-3 feet. From the pungency of scent I assume this is a high quality perfume, but it's a bit too much and I feel like I'm invading into other people's personal space when I wear it. This is disappointing because I love Iris Nobile and thought this would smell as great. Good that I only have a 20ml spray.

Pichola by Neela Vermeire is a perfume with similar style, but much better development on me. I recommend checking that out too if you think Magnolia Nobile is your cup of tea. I like Pichola, but Magnolia Nobile is sadly a pass.

lilalina
lilalina

This is truly a beautiful floral scent.. it has a subtle freshness to it from the citrus, sweetness from the flowers, beautifully balanced.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Oh my Lord this is gorgeous! Having just given away a bottle of Iris Nobile (far too powdery floral for me), I thought that Gelsomino Nobile was the only AdP I'd like. Magnolia Nobile is glorious. I don't know how, but there's woodiness, patchouli and huge citrus bursts, yet they all work together perfectly! I can't stop sniffing my hand. Utterly gorgeous, classy, very expensive smelling and top of my to get list!
Ps. Liquorice! It's got that, too! So gorgeous, this one.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

This is not the magnolia I was hoping for. Rather than smelling fresh and creamy like a true magnolia, this is a syrupy fragrance, spiked with a heavy-handed dose of lemon and citron reminiscent of household cleaning products. I love jasmine, but here it overwhelms the magnolia, and the lemon + rose combination makes this almost more like a geranium fragrance, only heavier and not as herbaceous and fresh. If you are searching for a magnolia soliflore, keep looking. Magnolia Nobile has too much going on to do justice to the flower it's named for.

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

I've waited too long to review on Fragrantica, a website I love!

Came upon this fragrance during a 2012 trip to Epcot Center in Orlando. Stumbled across the display at the Italy or Venice area and was over-taken...immediately in-love. Do you know that heady, over-whelming, wonderful olfactory sensation one experiences when entering a high-end parfumerie or a unique & spell-binding candle-shop in a tiny European town or Big American City? THAT is what got me...those fragrances...that fragrance...it was instant love.

Magnolia Nobile begins with loads of citrus, which I normally dislike...I do not like fragrances with strong, opening citrus notes. After settling in and simmering down a bit, the magic of Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile begins! The more this fragrance settles down and remains on the skin, the finer it becomes! Staying power is great...silage is super, too. A little does the job. Over-doing the application can be over-powering. This is a HUGE perfume, a BIG one...not for the shy or meek!

Again, thinking I would dislike such a "floral" and citrusy scent, magnolia is dominant; yet the mixture of citrus (lemon & bergamot), floral (rose & jasmine) and woods (amber, musk) make this perfume truly unique.

IMHO, this perfume is very feminine but not trendy or juvenile, not hip or lively. While this doesn't smell like the top drawer of grandma's dresser, I would call this a more mature and "lady-like" fragrance...not a fun and playful one. I like the fact that Acqua di Parma does not make dozens of "trendy" fragrances; the perfume maker chooses to perfect, develop and modify the "tried and true" base and basic notes.

As the Acqua di Parma website states, "this perfume DOES have a distinct structure that is enriched with surprising notes." There are opening notes of bergamot, lemon and citron that develop with rose & jasmine. The dry-down is sandalwood, patchouli...a hint of vanilla.

I absolutely love this stuff! It definitely ties as #1 with my other "go-to" fragrance, Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur. Completely different fragrances but similar in so many ways

nexangelus
nexangelus

This opens with a sweet and juicy citrus which gives way to the most exquisite floral notes. This is delicate, this is mixed well. This is heady because of the lovely green vetiver. Fresh, clean floral. I mostly get the rose, then when it dries right down the magnolia and the sweeter jasmine and tuberose. There is a very strong, persistant rose note which makes this lovely though. I am also getting an amber rather than wood vibe.

lalludo
lalludo

EDP 1.7 fl oz.
starts with fresh but not sharp citrus, then it sweetens into a floral bouquet(not sure whether I smell more jasmine or tuberose?). it fixes up with a hint of patchouly, not overpowering.
Not summery to me, not for hot days. Classy and sophisticated, grown up yet modern, not an obvious floral scent.
lasting power:4-5 hrs
sillage: moderate (more than arm)
vote: 8/10.
repurchase: yes.

gill007
gill007

Its a beautifully done female fragrance, no doubt about that ! Guess what, being a guy i have been layering it under YSL La Nuit parfum version with astonishing results. NOT more then 4 sprays (2 each) strictly night or evening use. ladies are all over this combination. thumbs up !

Pixie1104
Pixie1104

If I had to use only one word to convey the character of this perfume, it would be 'classy'. Except that the word 'classy' isn't classy enough and has negative associations for some reason so instead I'll use a plethora of adjectives including - but not limited to -: elegant, unique, expensive, exclusive, feminine, sensual, delicate, delightful, beautiful.

Nothing too original in that list I know but this really is a stunning scent and, of my rather vast collection of perfumes, is easily the one I get most comments on - particularly from men!

I'm on my 3rd bottle and think of it as my signature scent. Very highly recommended if you want something different, elegant and romantic in a very grown-up way.

Lana148
Lana148

Delicate, feminine floral. This is very well blended, classy fragrance. I smell magnolia, light citrus, light rose, sandalwood, patchouli. It does resemble magnolia flower scent. Very, very well composed. My favorite ladies scent from Acqua di Parma.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

A simple and bright accord of citrus, white flowers and aromatic woods, with a talcum/soapy feel and a sweet musky base (I don't want to sound repetitive and use that "sweet soft musky shampoo base" aromachemical name again...). It gets slightly mentholated after a while. Pale and suave like a Victorian girl. The floral notes are there, but they are developed in a way I do not enjoy much - somehow plain, restrained and innocuous. It's like watching a photoshooting on a travels' magazine: still good, but you crave for "the real feel". Clean and pleasant, but to me, a bit dull.

emmy.johnson.72
emmy.johnson.72

This scent is fairly sweet but has a freshness too. It is very citrus based. I also smell spicy undertones of Sandalwood. The floral scent if very much a white scent which gives a sweetness, which reminds me of Paris but a lot less powdery and sickly. I find it very nice to wear on a warm summers day. Only a very little is needed of the scent because it is strong and long lasting.

Magnolia Nobile opens with a burst of citrus on my skin. I do have a problem with citrusnotes - they very often turn male'ish on my skin. Magnolia Nobile is not male'ish, its superwomanish scent, but my skin turn citrusnotes to be very sharp and maleish most times..A gorgeous scent and its very longlasting too.. true gem

Magnolia Nobile öppnar med en rejäl citrus-spark på min hud. Jag har problem med citrusnoter för de blir oftast manliga på mig. Magnolia Nobile är verkligen inte manlig utan superkvinnlig men min hud reagerar konstigt och citrus blir oftast skarp och manlig på mig. En underbar doft som sitter länge på huden. En lite juvel!

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

At last! I've found a fruity floral that doesn't seem too young, too sweet or generic. This is a nice surprise of a fragrance. I am really enjoying the citrus notes paired with florals and while it's easy to like and wear, it has character. I'm reminded of those old fashioned hard mandarin flavored candies with a powdery coating that are shaped like miniature oranges and come in a flat round tin can. I used to eat those til my tongue went raw and I still would if I could find them!

I expected a MUCH heftier does of florals. I was prepared for a sharp, pungent, somewhat brutal opening, but it turned out this is pretty tame. Magnolia Nobile is a safe, fun and much girlier scent than I tend to go for, but it's a nice change for those days I want to smell like sweet, tart candy.

ievina12
ievina12

Best floral fragrance I've tried. Smells expensive. Very elegant and feminine, intense but not overpowering. Reminds me a bit of lily-of-the-valley with citrus notes. Silllage and longevity is fantastic, I can smell it on my wrist in morning just after waking up.

spidola
spidola

Elegant, gorgeous citrusy floral fragrance! The first sniff was even too heavy, I was waiting something softer…
It’s so pity, but I do not know how smells natural magnolia - next summer I’ll absolutely try to find one for pick it up and fix the smell to my memory…
Anyway, I could feel a lot of lemon, jasmine, tuberose and some woodsy notes. The scent is sunny, but absolutely not girly. Very feminine, grown up.
“Nobile” is just the right adjective!

cori.x
cori.x

i've never smelled the magnolia flower when i bought this perfume. i love this perfume. yesterday i was driving in a neighborhood and saw a magnolia tree, i backed up to it and picked off a piece of the petal from the flower, smelled it, took it home and compared it to my perfume, it's exactly the same! so realistic!! now i just love this perfume even more.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

Beautiful, classy, wonderful. I could go on and on praising this beautiful perfume. The notes of magnolia, jasmine and citrus make this utterly adorable to wear. It is what I imagine a wealthy Italian woman wears when on a night out with a handsome man. Alas I only have a small sample but fully intend to buy a large bottle soon. Have I found the best perfume for me at last?

Antares811
Antares811

I wore it during all my summer holidays, it's a beautiful floral, very feminine, elegant. I love it! Gorgeous.
It's one of my favorites. Perfect for spring and summer.

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

Citrusy, zingy C-O-L-O-G-N-E with hard to tell "floral" notes.. Not horrible, but I would not reach for this even if I was gifted this expensive cologne. Almost nauseating...for me anyway..

kazewayz
kazewayz

A beautiful gem. This is gorgeous. A women that smells like this is definitely going to grab my attention. Stunning perfume. Well done. Great for summer time nights. It's sweet, citrusy, powdery, woody, floral. Well blended. Bravo! Acqua Di Parma did a great job. Try it.

Eneli
Eneli

Oh, this is WOW! So beautyful, so frech and feminine, I'm truly taken how much this perfume impressed me. I'm not easy to impress. It was a blind buy but immediate love. Euphoric! Make room on your schelf for this QUEEN!

jemma
jemma

So beatiful!

Actually, I can't feel any magnolia in this fragrance. It rather smells citron, lemon and something like lily-of-the-valley. A huge disappointment for me as a magnolia lover(

Schagris
Schagris

Yes, it does smell like a happy and youthful spring. It does feature a very lovely magnolia. Its composition is, indeed, quite well-balanced. And yet... I would never call this scent "soft" or "subtle". In fact, to me, it's anything but. When the magnolia is singing with her ever happy and hi-pitched voice from morning till night (due to the great sillage, I can hear it all day long), it gets quite tiresome. Although I do like this perfume, I wear it not so often. I usually spritz it on occasions when I need a strong anti-depressant. It always works.

tubereuse
tubereuse

This smells yellow and warm and sunny. Very happy and a lemony-floral delight. Something in this reminds of Tribu by Bennetton. Acqua is a definite cut above and much more sophisticated, still, something in there. Will be picking this one up sooner than later!

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

First sniff reminds of Yes lemon dishwashing liquid, yeak.... which calms down immediately. Next note is sweet magnolia with that freshness left from the lemon... soooo youthful and at the same time sothing. Wonderful!!!

When it starts to settles down a joyful fragrance emerges of jasmine, magnolia and only hints of lemon left.... Truly a delightful fragrance! Clean, fresh and feminine ... in a flowerish mature way but at the same time youthful in it´s character :))

It smells absolutely delicious!!!!

Först påminner doften mig om Yes citron diskmedel, yeak......vilket lyckosamt lugnar sig omgående. Fram kommer en doft av ljuvlig magnolia uppblandat med en fräsch ren citrondoft. Såååå ungdomlig men på samma gång lugnande.... Underbar!!!

Efter ytterligare ett tag börjar jasmin ta plats, uppblandat med magnolia och svaga toner av citron. Verkligen en ljuvlig doft!!! Ren, fräsch och feminin... på ett blommigt, vuxet och moget vis men samtidigt ungdomlig i sin karaktär :))

Den doftar absolut helt uuunderbart!!!

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

This is lovely out of the bottle and for the first half hour. The magnolia and lemon began to give way after that to something disappointingly sour and synthetc. I was surprised. may be a chemistry issue? will definitely try again however because in those first ten minutes I thought this might be the perfume I had been searching for.

Shorokh
Shorokh

Usually I prefer more complex scents, but this one impressed me to the point that now it`s on my wish list. It opens with citron, and during some 5 or 10 minutes it`s only citron, nothing else. But then the magnolia builds its way in, next come the tuberose (am I the only lucky one here who detects the tuberose so clearly???) together with the jasmine and rose. That`s when it becomes amazing. Sure the citrusy notes remain dominant all the way, but they are so nicely sophisticated floral citrusy notes. It`s fresh but sophisticated, floral but not heady or overwhelming, simple but noble. Sometimes I get tired from all the complex scents I have in my collection, and I wanted something less complex, but it was hard to find something that would satisfy me. This frag = BINGO! Very soon I`ll have it on my shelf! Congratulations to myself!)))

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This opens bright and sparkly with nice full citrus notes and the magnolia quickly makes its debut, pretty, lightly floral, slightly waxy. As this mellows, a soapy jasmine winds its way in and a soft vanilla sweetens the dry-down. Very nice fragrance, although the staying power isn't too amazing.

9-na
9-na

It was a present. Nice, gentle lily of the valley on me.

Eneroangel
Eneroangel

A little old fashioned but beautiful, feminine and elegant. It opens with real lemons and stays very tangy that for about 5 min then is becomes sweet and more floral, the magnolia notes are very soft. I like it but won't buy it again. If you like complex scents pass on this one it can make you feel chic and clean but not exciting !

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This is a gorgeous gorgeous fragrance. A true magnolia, I checked! Based on the precious magnolia tree my dad brought back from England years ago. I didn't like Iris Nobile but this is another story for me. Just plain gorgeous flora, citrus, a fresh and invigorating scent. Very expensive smelling ( well it does rather reflect its price tag) and the most true magnolia scent I have come across yet. I get a lovely picture and breath of beautiful lush, sunny meadows or woodlands when I first spray this on, then it becomes softer but always stays around, a waft of it drifting up to my nose slowly and languorously every few minutes to reassure me of its longevity. Like other reviewers have said, it starts of rather loud and perky citrus, then mellows and becomes a milky magnolia, tinted with sandalwood. A golden scent from a golden liquid. Just beautiful. I am loving this very much.
I am wearing this for the 2nd day in a row, something I'm not inclined to doing usually as I like to have different scents daily or even during the 24 hours. That shows how enthralled I am with this scent. It's right up there on my upper tier of "loves" along with only a select few even though I embrace different types of scents. This is simply amazing.

berlinchen75
berlinchen75

Such an elegant scent, floral-fruity-citric and a bit powdery, without being girly, overpowering or causing Migraine attacks. The high quality of the used ingredients is really noticeble and the scent changes after an Hour and gets very soft, feminine and cosy. I am using it as a summer perfume for the evening and special occasions and get regularly compliments from both genders!It is really worth the price one has to pay for it :)

dkny27
dkny27

Stunning, sweet, deep, floral,,,, The first words that come to mind with the initial spray. Magnolia and jasmine make a better duet than Sonny & Cher!The longevity is excellent and it matures on the skin into a unisex delight. It was love at first smell!

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

This ia my new 'happy' fragrance. I want to run around shouting 'yippeeeee!!!!' at the top of my voice when I smell it...childish I know lol
It's lovely citrusy floral, smells quite a lot like the magnolia shrub in my garden mixed with tangerine like scent. It's refrehing and long lasting on me, unfortunately it is not very cheap so dunno how long it's going to last me as I want to keep spraying it on ALL the time :-))

scentous
scentous

a very pleasant citrusy clean scent, young and fresh..there are many scents with the same notes in the market, what acqua di parma adds to this fragrance is classiness which you don't expect from such a fresh scent..it makes me happy and feel like I am in my adolescent years, under the meditteranean sun and mandarine trees :))Magnolia note blends with the citrus and takes away the bitterness, in the drydown it is a subtle soft floral..Silllage and longevity is not so good I must say..

sunlover
sunlover

The drydown was very lovely and light, almost like water gently flavored with flowers and fruit (in the best possible way). The beginning was a bit too sweet for me, and this is not what I look for in a fragrance. I would only wear this in spring/summer, as it is very bright and citrusy, whereas Iris Nobile I can see being worn in the colder months along with the Colonias. Magnolia is gentle and pleasant, the kind of scent that would make you curious if you were sitting next to someone wearing it.

MUST8936
MUST8936

"A midsummer night's dream" by Aqua di Parma!Totally "nobile", totally "magnolia"!

Katzamis
Katzamis

I love the opening - sweet and citrusy, I neither like citrucy nor sweet on their own, but this combination is indeed noble. When I first smelled it, I thought it coud be my signature scent. Too bad vanilla (or something else)that comes up 10 minutes later gives me serious headaches.

antoine
antoine

j'aime

valarian
valarian

This is no arty thinker’s creation just an honest good quality perfume it has a happy feel to it. Big showy opening I would suggest an almost slight Italian vibe comes across in the perfume.

Not for me but I did enjoy my sample and I would happily buy this for my 19 year old daughter. I'm sure she would adore it.

The word Bella-Donna comes to mind.

auror
auror

A beautiful floral/citrus fragrance. I love the magnolia note in this, just simple but elegance and subtle. Lovely scent for almost everyone; a young girl or woman in her fiftys can wear this easily. Cause it isn't much complicated or heavy and also not too fruity or too weak scent. This fragrance maybe the one that you're searching for

polinkasuperova
polinkasuperova

i love this frag very delicate femmenine scent but it does not stay on for a long time plus its not cheap...but overall its very pretty summer time scent

stephaniearianne
stephaniearianne

DIVINE. This fragrance has nothing but personality. It is multifaceted, and meant for a woman who is the total package. It is exactly what you think it is, and yet not even close. It is interesting. This perfume unfolds various aspects of her personality depending on her mood, the weather, the time of day, the rate of her heartbeats. Sometimes heady and woody, sometimes wet, languid blooms, other times clean, simple, naked, and unapologetic. Lemon tart at high tea? Yes. A bed drenched in blossoms, bruised, raw, and feisty? Yes. Meeting a lover in the fallen leaves of early October? Most definitely.

First 15 minutes is all about citrus - then it gets airy and soft and nice flowers appear. This is not a loud scent on my skin but its there all around me. After one hour deep roses appear with a nice splash of patchouli with a hint of vanilla. Next person have to stand close to smell this wonderful grownup flowerscent (not sugarsweet as many modern scents). Sober and classy, I think.

Första kvarten är citrustonerna dominanta, sen blir den luftig och mjuk och blomtonerna kommer fram. Detta är ingen högljudd doft men den finns runt mig. Nästa person behöver stå nära för att känna denna vuxna mjukblommiga doft. Efter en timme framträder rosdoften och en aning av patchouli och vanilj. Inga sötsliskiga dofttoner. Sober och klassisk doft, tycker jag.

Tingeling
Tingeling

Very nice, pretty and airy. I find it similar to Coco Mademoiselle but a bit lighter and more fruity.

I think the Acqua di Parma scents are really nice. Even if they are not from my "scents group" at least they are still pleasant. This is again one I wouldn't buy but it's not bothering if others wear it around you either.

Acqua di Parma MAGNOLIA NOBILE opens as a very high-quality fruity floral, with a strong citrus component, which smells mostly like grapefruit to me. Eventually magnolia rears its delicate petals, but the floral aspect of this composition is heavy on roses and quite light on magnolia for most of its life. In fact, according to my nose this might be better named ROSE NOBILE. Well, except that with the fruitiness it doesn't seem all that noble, either. I certainly would not take issue with the quality of the individual notes, but their synthesis has a pretty familiar ring to it here: inoffensive fruity floral.

All in all, MAGNOLIA NOBILE strikes me as a fairly mainstream creation. But I'm confident that it would make regular wearers of fruity-floral fragrances very happy indeed because it smells, well, swell!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Such a pretty perfume!

Don't get me wrong - this mid-weight, translucent fruity-floral perfume isn't striking, unusual or radical. But it is so well made that it is simply a joy to wear.

The start on my skin is a refreshing lemon with a distinct peachy note & a fizzy cedar all blended to perfection. A bright & sunny start without being too sharp or too sweet, too light or too heavy, too heady or too weak - a rare, Goldilocks scent!

As the scent settles, the light florals flounce in & out of a damp, dappled wood with a wet patchouli & vetiver base. Magnolia is the star but there is more to this scent - it has a juicy, fruity feel & a playful spring in her step.

It fades out, rather quickly, to a still-water, powdery, gentle soapy-floral waft.

Those who enjoy cheery fruity scents but seek a little class in their scents, or those who are trying to find a citrus-floral that won't cause headache or offense should give MN a try. Jolly nice little pick-me-up.

adrienn99
adrienn99

I adore this fragrance. First burst smells really fruity (nothing excessively lemony on me, though),than the magnolias fold.

After an hour it becomes really sexy when the creamy magnolias blend with the vetiver and woody notes.

It is not the loud girly sexiness to attract every male around but the one that is only meant for those we want close.

poison
poison

The first thing that came into my mind when I received the sample tester, was "wow, a Latin name, I really hope the smell of this one is going to be as great as the name is"

The thing is that I find it like a Mediterranean scent, at the beginning it smells like citruses, lemon or other citrus and some spring flowers. Magnolia Nobile makes me think of my long dreamed of vacation in Italy, a wonderful spring day, sitting on the grass under a magnolia tree and drinking some lemonade and reading some Italian classic writers or poets. Kind and gentle as the balmy Mediterranean wind, Magnolia Nobile is just too quiet for me, too floral. I don't know but this is one of the scents that makes me think of those innocent pretty girls.

A perfume good to wear when you go to the park or the Botanical garden.

The thing is my hair smells like Magnolia Nobile every time I wash it. That is why I don't find anything spectacular in this one.

Nothing original and striking here, nothing loud, nothing too much, nothing too little but it is just a floral fruity scent. This is the smell of me after taking a bath. Unfortunately I don't think that the name fits the fragrance.

For me, the name, the scent itself and even the bottle have to be the same as the concept or the idea that stands behind the perfume, and here it is not the case.

Goes on sweet bright citrus, with a sugared lemon effect. Definitely a floral blend with strong citrus notes. Cedar-like metallic notes make it seem a little purple. Might be nice enough as a summer scent but it isn't quite what I expected as there isn't a lot of the creamy lemon magnolia I've come to expect from sniffing true southern magnolias. Nice but not what I'd hoped for.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

I really like this perfume. I love the lemon, it is sharp, mouth watering and delicious. The magnolia is soft and gentle, too much magnolia can be headache inducing for me. This perfume has just got it right. I also find this perfume fresh and very uplifting, very good in hot weather. Also good in winter puts a spring in your step. I would regard this perfume as different and not old fashioned. There is a quality about this perfume and it is very Italian.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Magnolia has to be my number one top note in perfumes. It has such an incredibly beautiful, etheral feel to it. Exquisite, surely this is how heaven must smell.

The magnolia here has been PICKLED in lemon. It upsets me no end. Who could *do* that to a magnolia???

Ah, but nevermind my histronics, I am just sulking because my plans to scent the world with heavenly magnolia have been thwarted yet again.

Even though I am soon vexed by the relentless lemon note which endures the entire length of the journey, initally it is an enjoyable perfume, clear & sparkling. If you love lemon as a solifruit (yes, I made that up) then you will love this. Just don't come to this fragrance looking for the magnolia love of your life - you will be heartbroken.

pansylady
pansylady

I'm not sure what to make of this one! For the first few minutes, the citrus is definitely dominant- but on me, it seemed to skip the mid-phase notes, quickly devolving into vetiver! I never got the sense that I was wearing a floral scent at all-

My overall impression is that it is a sharp-edged fragrance more geared towards men than women. I only smelled it for about 3-4 hours, but perhaps I applied it too lightly- about 1/3 ml ... ?

adele l
adele l

This would be a beautiful perfume if not for that lemon note- I can tell something is very lovely underneath but the lemon cleaner smell ruined it for me. It's not the heaviest dose of lemon but it is always present and seems to clash with the composition on my skin.

I was beyond excited to try this fragrance. I almost dreamt about it.

Magnolia Nobile does indeed start out citrusy and alcoholic, however the more it settles on the skin the better it becomes.

The magnolia is obviously a dominant note in this composition, however the lemony finish tends to override it ever so slightly. I was disappointed that the rose and jasmine were not as prominent. The woodsy notes tend to be the main focus in the heart and drydown.

I was honestly enjoying this delightful, Summery take on magnolia until it suddenly transformed into a big, strong, bathroom air-freshner type scent. Please don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, it's just not to my personal tastes.

The scent is very feminine, just not very young or lively. For such an expensive price tag and a niche label, I really did expect something a little better, perhaps more floral and rich.

teedee
teedee

magnolia+flowers+fresh fruits in the beginning...then cascades to magnolia garden... lovely...

so soft, not overpowering at all, especially compared with other magnolia themed scent i tried before.

wonderfull silleage too...

This perfume smells so fresh and beautiful. It is blended so well. Every layer from top note to base comes through and smells devine. I apply the body cream and then the perfume. When I wear this perfume it tranports me to Sorrento and Capri and uplifts my mood.

Nicole79
Nicole79

ohhh...this one is the type of fragrance that i can't stand ! it is so old fashion-magnolia, linear, borring smell...Mediterraneo the same...Creed Spring Flowers equal...not for me ! Sorry to all of u out there who loves this kind of fragrance...no offence;)

I smelled this today for the first time and I was very impressed! It smells absolutely delicious! Since first sniff I could say the excellent quality of this fragrance. It's so well made and raw material has to be the good stuff! It smells great both on paper and on my skin.
It starts very lemony, the best true lemon. Then a full cascade of magnolia and other flowers fell over my head. It smells like being in a garden full of trees in full bloom, both magnolia and hesperids, if any such garden may exist. It stays this way for about 1 hour and 1/2 and then it gradually and slowly fades but the drydown is longlasting. It's a joyful fragrance that makes me feel like in summer shaded by plants under the sun. It's a floral fresh kind of scent, not too complicated, rather complex. A very classy citrus floral. It's also quite a little sweet and I'm happy it is not foody! Magnolia plays a big role here, but at the same time it stays calm, like a reserved white lady who knows her value and doesn't need to show up feistly to prove her existence.It remotely reminded me of Carnal Flower. No mainstream.
After 3 hours someone told me it smells like baby talcum (I smell no powder here!) and someone else told me it smells a little like flour! Is it ever possible since I don't like baby powder or flour smell? Weirdness of smelling sense.
The bottle is very beautiful and elegant.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I tried Iris Nobile and it's powdery, old fashioned perfume.
Magnolia Nobile is... should be called Citrone Nobile instead. Yeah, I get the floral Magnolia note, but I had to wait for hours until I detected it.
Top note is lemon like it is. It sings divas part (diva is late.. ^^)in the show and performs with more excitement than diva herself. It just smells like real lemon that I cut in pieces and add to tea. This fragrance has the most actual lemon scent I ever smelled. Thank goodness, it's not candied!
After hours it develops and becomes subtle floral. And there's that shy noble magnolia! Not very intense, but beautiful enough. I can't really separate the notes well, because the scent is pretty weak- I can point out rose and vetiver, but those are more like picture frame.
Try this if you liked Mediterraneo line.