Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Adam Levine for Women Adam Levine for women

Adam Levine for Women Adam Levine for women
dislike

Adam Levine for Women Adam Levine for women Pictures Adam Levine for Women Adam Levine for women Pictures

Adam Levine for Women by Adam Levine is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Adam Levine for Women was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Yann Vasnier. Top notes are saffron, citruses, marigold and spices; middle notes are indian jasmine, australian sandalwood and rose petals; base notes are benzoin and vanila.

Saffron Citruses Marigold Spices

M

Adam Levine for Women Fragrance Reviews

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Adam Levine’s fragrance for women was a surprise! When it was first released it got over looked as another ho-hum celebrity scent and a lot of hate for not being a crowd pleaser, but after watching the reviews go from nay to yay – I had to try it for myself! I love Sensuous by Estée Lauder and now having both fragrances I can definitely say, yes they are very similar. Sensuous is sweet with honey and Adam Levine is spicy with saffron. Like the reviewer below me the longevity is a hour if I am lucky and the sillage only exists if your right up against me (haha). Even though it does not project or stick around, the scent it’s self is still really nice!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Attractive, sleek bottle and well thought out fragrance.

In no way does this smell like ANY celebrity release I've ever sampled. Neither does it smell of marigold, sadly. :( But I do think it well worth trying, especially if you are seeking a soft, office appropriate scent that will neither offend nor bore. It's interesting and airy, almost herbal at times, and the furthest thing from cloying.

My skin eats fragrances like this, killing all sillage and most of the (admittedly brief) longevity. So avoid if you are like me. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend you go find a tester at Kohls and try this new release. Distinctive and Interesting. :)

mathew1234
mathew1234

This fragrance is an absolute gem, It is intoxicating and extremely sensual, It is rare to find a fragrance like this now in the designer let alone celebrity fragrance realm at this price point, To me this smells like dare I say a better version of Santal Blush by Tom Ford and it lasts longer than Santal Blush.....Btw The Tom Ford costs about 5 times more than this.

This smells extremely rich and dense with the prominent notes of sandalwood and spices which is rounded by the vanilla note and enhanced with a subtle earthiness from the saffron. This smells dark and golden which only gets darker as time goes by.......

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I have the largest bottle size of this, and I think it's a really nice perfume. Personally, I like this better than EL's Sensuous. Especially for the smaller price. I liked this so well that I also bought my Mom a bottle for her birthday, and she also loves it.

I think the bottle is adorable too. I'm not a huge fan of Adam Levine, but for a celebrity scent(which I have a lot of and am not snobbish about), it strays from the "fruity floral", typical of that market.

I think this smells way, way more expensive than it's price tag. I think this got somewhat overlooked, and I'm glad I found it. My bottle was bought new off ebay, but I found my Mom's bottle at Marshalls.

Kshan
Kshan

I saw this at Marshall's for $7.99 so figured I couldn't go too wrong with this as a blind buy. I was pretty excited when I sprayed it on and actually really liked it. What's unfortunate, is this has virtually no staying power. If it did, I'd say 7/10. Since it doesn't, I can give it no better than 2/10. Can't win them all, I guess.

Carnation
Carnation

First of all, I am no fan of Adam Levine. Honestly,I find him to be arrogant and his voice whiny.This fragrance bears too much resemblance to EL's Sensuous to be considered an original idea in perfume,although less sweeter than Sensuous,it is missing the smoothness and well done craftsmanship that Estee Lauder's fragrances have. I had written a previous review but after 2 days of testing it, I kept getting a cheap, synthetic and plastic smell that happened shortly after the opening,which was a bit screechy and made my nose tingle with a bout of sneezing to boot. That prompted me to rewrite my review. I must say that at least he didn't give in to the usual floral-fruity with vanilla and amber celebrity fragrance trap. However he didn't turn out anything with it's own identity either.

SuzanneRonelle
SuzanneRonelle

Wow! However, I don't understand my body chemistry: on me this perfume is everything but spicy sandalwood on a flowery background. On my skin it smells like pure South-African summer. How on earth does a perfume that does not contain coconut get to smell so much like coconut? I absolutely understand the reviewers likening it to EL Sensuous - definitely the same vibe, although the AL for Her has a more stringent note to it with a tad more vanilla and the juice itself is somehow less oily. I've only been wearing it for half an hour, so longevity is still not established. I like it! I love it when reviewers personifies a perfume - to my mind, AL for Her is a beautiful, bronzed beach bunny living off papa's dime. This is what it smells like when she steps off the beach and into her ultra modern beachfront flat. (Ok, I tried but this analogy makes me feel sheepish...)

LaviniaMidnight
LaviniaMidnight

I really like this one! It is something different from the sweet or fruity perfumes, it is very rich and spicy. I have never smelled a juice with marigold and I love it. Saffron and sandalwood are awesome notes as well. This is a well-crafted celebrity fragrance that I bet could hold up to expensive ones. I think I might buy a couple of extra bottles because if this gets discontinued I will really miss it.

LEXIE
LEXIE

Its what you call love from first sniff. Lovely, I honestly did not expect to like it. Come on it cost me £14, which in my opinion is definitely not enough to spend on a good perfume. I have only had it for a few days but wow it is sexy. I own lots of scents, this one is different to all my fragrances. Its sweet without being to much, it lasts without being overpowering. Its subtle, probably how I'd imagine a woman that is attractively seductive, classy, warm and tactful. It gives me comfort, I detect the spices and sandalwood, the vanilla is present in all stages, after wearing it for a few hours it becomes sweeter, the spices are gone. It had not dissapoint me. Another favourite scent. Thank you Adam. You brought the sexy back. At least for me.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Sandalwood, vanilla and tonka, this is warm, woody, creamy, a little sweet. Synthetic, yes, but not that plastique vanilla note. Not that Coty celebrity primordial stew drydown I have come to expect with celebrity scents.

This is fleeting at best. Yet it is quite a nice fragrance, a sweet, gourmand vanilla, and a nice Australian style sandalwood, creamy and blonde. A blonde sandalwood, a warm woody vanilla pod, a little vanilla orchid, a hit of night blooming jasmine: sweet, indolic, a little dirty.

I agree the sandalwood is more Samsara than EL Sensuous. If there is a coconut, it is the tonka bean giving that tonka toasted coconut vibe. I like it. I get the spiciness, but not the marigold. It reminds me of Caron Bain in the tonka accord. Not long lasting. Good for layering, to give some sandalwood or tonka base.

savannalove07
savannalove07

To me this is Aquolina's Gold Sugar without the horrible synthetic notes. I detect coconut and spices. Not a bad fragrance, considering the price, but nothing special.

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

I finally found a small bottle for a song (get it?!) at TJMaxx, and gave in to curiosity. It has a richness but not a nauseating, over the top way. There is vanilla, but it's NOT your run of the mill celebrity/cheap plonk - and I honestly thought I detected tuberose. I've tried it twice, haven't yet found the marigold or an actual spice. Maybe the spices were in the same room with one of the other ingredients at one time, but that's about it. The scent is linear.

Longevity is stellar, surprisingly so. The bottle is well thought out, the cap is thick and fits well, and the black tubing is a very nice touch.

All in all, I'd say that this scent didn't get the attention it deserved, and it's priced at less than it's worth. Smells a good deal more expensive than tagged at, and is on par with some of my more expensive bottles.

As a blind buy it's certainly inexpensive enough that it can't hurt, and if you're not keen on it, it'll make a nice gift.

Sleek Geek Chic
Sleek Geek Chic

I bought this one for $8 at TJ Maxx! I didn't like it the first time I tested it on the back of my hand. I sprayed it all over today and find that I actually do like it. You can smell the marigold the first few minutes but the sandalwood quickly becomes noticeable. It's a very pleasant powdery scent.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

I've recently opened myself up to celebrity fragrances. That was after years of avoiding them. I picked this up at a discount store for a great price. I was curious about saffron and marigold.

I am finding that there are several celeb fragrances that are definitely worth having, and most tend to be affordable and available.

Adam Levine for women was a pleasant surprise for me. I put it right on my wrist. I noted the marigold right away. I have little experience with that note. I liked it. It is a flower used to attract butterflies, and I find that romantic. I also love the gold and crimson seen in marigold petals.

But the sandalwood really takes over in this fragrance. The marigold gives it that unique floral edge, then it gets all warm and incense-like at the same time. The vanilla sweetens it. I really like this fragrance. I bought two more bottles after the first one so I will have them once it is discontinued.

I do not find this to be similar to Estee Lauder's Sensuous.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I bought Adam Levine for Women when it first came out and ended up getting rid of it. I have long regretted that decision. I came across a bottle at TJ Maxx for under $10, so of course I practically ran to the register with it.

AL for Women is creamy, spicy, sexy goodness. It is a bit like Sensuous, but I find Sensuous sweeter and actually like AL better. I also think AL is quite a lot like Sensuous Nude minus the coconut, specifically SN's top notes (my favorite part of SN by far! I adore those warm, spiced top notes, and AL holds the spice much longer). II think one of my favorite things about AL is that there's this seductively clean undertone as the perfume dries down, so on me it never gets too heavy or dry feeling or dirty.

AL makes me feel like I'm being suggestive, giving a come hither vibe, yet it's not a powerhouse that screams "look at me!" I don't know why I ever got rid of this perfume, and for as long as I can help it I will never be without it again.

EDIT: I have to add, the longevity of this perfume is out of this world. It's been over 8 hours since I applied it on my skin and I can still smell it clearly.

shasta
shasta

As frontman for the band Maroon Five, I hate when people act like they don't know who Adam Levine is. Not only that, he's been a judge on The Voice for how many seasons now? And I'm not even a fan. Why else would the bottle be a microphone? But that being said, I often get a certain greenish vibe from this when I wear it. It's not a dupe but it's very reminiscent to Chanel No 19 to me, just a different flower and this has vanilla. I don't love it but I like it very much. It's a soft dreamy scent but vanilla tends to ruin scents for me. This will get more rotation from me in the upcoming warmer months, especially this spring. This has a low to medium sillage.

nitschevo

Update: I recently started to layer this with Erotique by Dita von Teese. Wow, just wow. Both scents are amazing on their own but I recently decided to have a little bit more fun with what I have :) And I think that either this or Esprit D'Oscar could become my new signature.

DAL123
DAL123

After initially getting bitch-slapped by what I though was tuberose(I'm guessing the marigold or saffron was the culprit) I thought I had made yet another bad choice blind buy. Was going to go scrub. Am actually happy I did not. This has changed into a creamy, spicy, floral, vanilla surprise. Much better than I had expected. Silage is moderate longevity seems pretty good so far-been about 4 hours and its still going pretty strong. If this is being discontinued I am going to go back and get another bottle before it's all gone. Am really liking this one. Finally a good blind buy!

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I love this one....the first time I tried it (Tester, at Kohl's) I was really turned off....but I figured I'd give it another try and I'm pretty certain the tester had gone bad. This is NOTHING like what I tried several months ago at Kohls, this is WONDERFUL.

The opening is VERY sweet on me, a bit spicy, but I get almost a sweet candied marshmallow feel to it. I get a lot of base notes quickly, and I can smell the vanilla and benzoin fairly quickly on me, which is awesome as they smell great!

The drydown on me is a smooth rich sandalwood and vanilla, the hint of benzoin still making it candy sweet but NOT toothache sweet---this is NOT a teeny bopper sweet scent. The floral notes are mostly absent on me with the exception of a hint of rose.

This has really dropped in price in the past few months, and a 30ml bottle can be found for $10 or so at Ross--well worth the price to find out if this works on your skin. 2 sprays last about 5 hours on me without respritzing, with decent sillage....after 7 hours it fades to just a skin scent and begs to be respritzed.

Emilee1978
Emilee1978

Just bought this today, very spicy sandalwood , I find similarities to Crystal Noir. Longevity is moderate, silage moderate as well. A nice , seemingly higher quality celeb fragrance, and it was 25 dollars for 3.4 ounces at Macy's.

Edit: I'm upset this has been discontinued as I've been wearing this a lot. I find myself reaching for it over my more expensive perfumes, waiting to see how it will work in warmer weather.

nitschevo

Initially I wanted to buy something else of my want list (DKNY Delicious Night or John Galliano) but couldn't get a hold of them so far. But not to worry - I will someday. Instead I bought a bottle of Adam Levine for her - for a song on ebay! Lucky me, this one has sparked my curiosity long time ago and I also questioned you lovely guys in the forum.

I am wearing this today and it is a bit different than expected - but I love it. Just so you know - I really love spicy and woody scents but am still searching for the one to call my own. I have a roller-ball of Nanette by Nanette Lepore and love it to death but cannot get my hands on a bottle here in Germany. I searched high and low so if any of you know where and how I'm happy to receive that info :) Or maybe that wouldn't be so smart after all - what to do when the bottle is finished? :D

Moving on - I think that the description at the top of the page (main accords) hits the nail on the head with this one: warm spicy (yeah), balsamic (quite) and woody - tropical Australian sandalwood? Yes! I experience this one as a sister of With Love by Hilary Duff of which I own a small bottle. However, Adams potion gets creamier over time on me and I expected it to be more dry. At times I detect an ever so slightly coconut note - not like in the "I'm on vacation" body sprays but very realistic and more woody. I know it's not listed in the notes but that's how this scent plays out on my skin.

Long story short: I don't understand why this is being discontinued already and not loved by more - it's a lovely, sexy and classy scent that can be worn year-round!

Edit: I tested EL Sensuous and they do share similarities but are standing on their own feet. However, I believe that if you love either of them chances are good you'll also love the other.

cinema1974
cinema1974

I love Adam Levine new fragrance and the bottle is made well with the awesome cap! it like a heavy metal and it does not fall off. It smells like a powder and a spice mix with an oriental back tone. It smells clean and floral when the sweet vanilla but not over done. It can be worn at any age but I think the younger crowd would perfer the Justin bieber or Britney Spears for the sweet notes. If you want a more higher end Celebrity frag than this would be nicer choice and the price in decent. I think the ladies that like the powder florals would love this. I purchase this a fragrance shop and should of bought another bottle for the price.

Yesterday I sampled Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but the vanilla in that one was too strong. In this one, it's just right (if you want a vanilla scent of this type), though I don't think you'll like this if you hate vanilla. In any case, the drydown is rich and natural smelling, and even has reasonably good depth! The balance is fairly good too, though perhaps just a bit more vanillic than I'd like (and not enough sandalwood). I don't get much saffron, other than perhaps in the top notes, so that shouldn't be an issue for those who dislike that note. And I agree with CDGfan in that this has a specific kind of jasmine/incense feel (I didn't know the name of it but she apparently does). Overall, this is one that I'll likely keep, but I want to give it another wearing, and so I'll update if there are any new perceptions. Also, I consider the drydown unisex, at least for those who enjoy vintage or niche. And I prefer this to With Love because the wood note in that one had a bit of a hollow quality and it didn't seem to have the depth of this one.

francie79
francie79

I received a sample of this scent and liked how much it smelled like Estee Lauder Sensuous. It was super cheap on ebay so I grabbed a bottle and it's such a high quality scent unlike other celeb perfumes out there. I will admit that I like alot of those scents but this one stands out for it's a unique spicy vanilla that is a touch masculine. The spices in this give it a middle eastern vibe which makes it smell very niche. A great one that won't break the bank and who isn't looking for something like that...a winner!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I found this one at Marshall's for a song. I see above a few comparisons to EL Sensuous. I've got them both here and not getting it. I would hate to see people run out and grab this cheaper in hopes it smells like EL. Similar? Yes there is a likeness but Sensuous is richer, deeper, exotic, warmer and more well.. sensuous. Levine has a floral note in there and I can't quite put my finger on what floral that is perhaps I am getting a slight honeysuckle definitely no rose at all. I think the Levine last longer then the Sensuous.

I find Levine very nice and of high quality. It seems to last and linger quite well. Not a disapointing fragrance at all to me. The packaging and bottle are quite pleasing to the eye.

astillwind
astillwind

Pepper, Butter, Cream, Flowers........Different! I love!

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

Sorry, but I'm going to repeat some of the comments I made for AL for Men.
In truth, I have no idea who Adam Levine is. :)
But 50 ml of a dark and resinous scent nosed by Yann Vasnier for $10 at my local discount store?? YES please.
Longevity is excellent with all the benzoin in the base. IMO it is absolutely unisex.
I also picked up the "men's" version because Yann Vasnier nosed that as well. IMO that one is also unisex.
Re: the bottles. I love the fact that the caps fit well and do not fall off easily. Extra points for that.
As always, it's only my opinion and YMMV.

MissK85
MissK85

Adam Levine took alot of heat when he released his debut scents, after he previously took to twitter critizing celebritys making scents..

Now here he is with his own..

He defended himself by saying he was referring to them not being involved in the process, but rather endorsing it. I completely agree which is why Ive alot of respect for this celebrity scent. Adam said he was very involved in the entire process..

The scent is quite spicy, kinda how I imagined. I didn't expect Levine to release a pansy generic scent if he was involved directly with making the scent. I do like it, it's definitely not your generic vanilla or bubblegum most celebs release aimed at teens. Definitely suited for women. Hey if Adam Levine the sex god he is chose this as a scent he would like women to smell like then hell yeah I'm going to douse myself in it

MattChartier
MattChartier

==========EDIT==========
I have been shopping for a sandalwood fragrance lately, and comparing a few options. As such, I feel I must retract my previous statement about this being very close to TF Santal Blush. I sampled them side by side this week, and I had forgotten how dry and cedary TF Santal Blush was. Adam Levine for Women has a similar sandalwood accord, but other than that bears little resemblance to its older sibling. ALFW is much more about the benzoin and vanilla, with a synthetic jasmine thrown into the mix, and is much closer to EL Sensuous, as has been noted by many other members. However, although the Adam Levine isn't as close to the Tom Ford as I had previously thought, I still like it, and I'd still recommend it as an affordable woodsy fragrance. As for myself, I think I've discovered that Tam Dao is the sandalwood I really want.
========================

Have your cake, and eat it, too!

This is very much like Tom Ford's Santal Blush, in that it's a creamy, lightly floral, sandalwood fragrance. In fact, the perfumer is Yann Vasnier, who also did Santal Blush, hence the similarity.

Of course, there are some differences; Santal Blush is faintly animalic and exudes sex appeal, whereas Adam Levine for Women is more lightly floral - especially in the top notes. However, the main theme of both compositions is that gorgeous, ultra-creamy sandalwood heart.

If you like TF Santal Blush, and you consider yourself a person who wouldn't mind settling for a bar of Hershey Dark over a Godiva bar if it means you still get dark chocolate for less coin, then I heartily endorse this celebrity fragrance. Especially because it is now apparently discontinued. You can get a 100ml bottle of Adam Levine EDP for $18 on Amazon, or a 50ml bottle of Santal Blush for $215. I know that for myself, the money saved makes it easy to overlook the differences between them.

satellite99
satellite99

What surprised me was how close this was to Judith Leiber's Night at first spray (on my arms side to side) but the latter dries down to a more sweeter and light creamy gourmand but this one does not. It stays a spicy floral sandalwood and not as sweet. I think many people missed this when it first came out but now that its hitting TJ Maxx and Ross in smaller bottles more people can discover this easy to wear non-overpowering oriental. I love this in the fall when I don't want to be overwhelmed by the synthetic sweet pumpkin and cinammon apple cider mix going around.

Sometimes I come across treasures, here is one of them. Just the way I love a scent to be. Not to sweet, no fruity notes - but yet an airy soft sweet note. A bit spicy, a bit flowery. Adult, elegant and chic. Soft and yet intensive, good wiffs dances around me. Love it!

Ibland hittar jag skatter, här är en av dem. Precis som jag vill ha en doft. Inte för söt, inga fruktiga inslag - men ändå en luftig söt mild not. Lite kryddig, lite blommig. Vuxen, elegant och chic. Mjuk men ändå intensiv. Goa fläktar som dansar runt mig. Älskar den!

Shivana
Shivana

The intial spritz of this is peppery, minty and sweet and to me, the menthol element (perhaps from the Benzoin) is quite heady.

It mellows down beautifully, into a creamy sweet rose/jasmine floral, with a hint of minty spice.

Quite different in my opinion and I like it. I find that the Benzoin is very strong. As the sweetness fades (within 2 hours ) it could almost pass for a male fragrance.

mamufa
mamufa

Blind buy after so many reviews. And?
And I'm glad I did it.
On me it's sweet and creamy. Very feminine.
Need some more time to write somethig more specific about it.
Right now it is a "like" for me, not "love" one.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I’m neither here nor there with Adam Levine (“should be seen and not heard” comes to mind), but the notes of his fragrance intrigued me so a bottle for $10 at Ross was irresistible.

I saw the comparisons to With Love by Hillary Duff, a perfume that was spicy and woody but too savory (BBQ-ish) on my skin. AL’s fragrance has a similar spiciness, especially when sniffed directly from the bottle and in the first half hour on skin. Interestingly, I read others experience the spices later in the dry down—for me, it was definitely early; and it did not approach the savoriness of With Love. After 30 minutes, the floral notes became quite apparent; the rose and jasmine were most obvious to me, maybe because they are most familiar to my nose. There was also a “jamminess”, rich, syrupy and fruity, that appeared; I am not sure where that came from, but it with the spices was vaguely reminiscent of a good Syrah. It is quite a complex scent at this phase.

From hour 2 to hour 3, it lost the spicy complexity and became a light floral sandalwood scent. I also see comparisons to Sensuous (which I adore), and find this to be a similar sandalwood but much lighter. Sensuous has amazing longevity and sillage on my skin, and is a touchstone sandalwood fragrance for me; by comparison, AL for Her is a pale shadow of that sandalwood—but similar, especially with the shared jasmine note, and a common hint of citrus. If the sandalwood of Sensuous had been left out in the rain and sun to grow pale and pastel toned, it might smell like AL for Her. Therefore, if you found Sensuous to be too bold, AL for Her might be a nice option.

AL for Her only lasted about 3 hours for me. I’m smashing my nose to my wrist and only catch the barest wisp of scent. Sillage initially was fair-modest but faded as the whole perfume faded. This really is a lovely fragrance, with an unusual and fairly complex composition (especially initially) that is simultaneously approachable. It would be appropriate for various occasions.

Of note, I’m wearing this on a dastardly hot day in Texas where the office AC appears to be broken; maybe I’ve sweated away this fragrance. I plan to keep it at least long enough to try it in cooler weather. And at $10 for the bottle, I’ll just reapply!

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I initially was not very pleased with this. I find it to be very strong, which makes me happy I did not get the full sized bottle. Two sprays overwhelmed me!It reminds me a lot of Red Door. I let it calm down, and it started to smell like a lovely 'my scent but better' fragrance. Sweet jasmine and vanilla start to come through. It is a winter scent for me, but it is growing on me. This fragrance has taught me about the wonderful scent you can get when you let the notes settle and reveal themselves to you in their own time. This fragrance takes it's time seducing your nose!

lizakaya
lizakaya

This is a lovely almost masculine fragrance, which I like. It's great to have something in the wardrobe that allows me to choose a non-floral, non-fruit that's still light enough for summer evenings. I definitely get sandalwood, vanilla and spice; the dry down is quite soft and powdery. I wish it stayed a little truer to the initial notes during the dry down. Sillage is medium. Love the simple streamlined packaging.

Femigirl
Femigirl

I find him annoying but I like the notes in this. I could be convinced to give it a go LOL

aqua76239
aqua76239

I would have never sniffed this scent based on the bottle-bottle to me its very boring and bland. But I just happened to try few scents at Macy's and picked this up by chance. I had no clue who Adam Levine was-I don't follow celebrity news of any kind so I had to google it(Know his band, don't care for their music which is why I had no clue who this dude was). anyhoo, this is very surprising-spicy floral oriental that is creamy, sweet and heady. Welcome departure from your usual bland celebrity fragrances.
This is one scent I find hard to describe but its definitely not floral to my nose(even though there are floral notes)-it sort of smells of sandalwood, vanilla and cream, with maybe a dash of patchouli. Nothing citrusy, nothing floral here. Oriental all the way.
I think it falls in the same category as Kat von D Poetica and Versace Crystal Noir-except those two are much more floral. The common factor is all three have this sort of smoky creamy feeling

bronwen80
bronwen80

Loving this!! Tried it today on a whim and it is
100% Santal Blush by Tom Ford on me!!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A lot of reviewers have mentioned this is a heavier musky fragrance on them, and I am having the opposite experience. I normally wear mostly oriental woody fragrances, though.

On me, Adam Levine for women opens with a blast of sheer, creamy sandalwood and some delicate spices. In the heart of the fragrance, which is more sparkling and bright, I can detect saffron, citrus, marigold, jasmine and rose. The drydown presented more sandalwood and while normally i love benzoin, here it is a bit sharp and flat on my chemistry. I can only detect the vanilla far into the dry down.

Overall, it's not the best for my chemistry, but I think it would be nice for someone who is looking for a budget-friendly, delicate and very lightly spiced floral-sandalwood scent.

MsWinkssy
MsWinkssy

I finally picked this up for a bargain a couple days ago and cannot stop wearing this perfume. It has been a bit chillier out and this has been the perfect warm and comforting scent. It has a nice soft spice to it with a hint of citrus and dries down to a warm musky vanilla floral. I find it a warm and inviting scent that stays rather close to the skin as it dries down. This lasts around 6-8 hours on me. When I first got a whiff, I was reminded of With Love like others say but I would say only the initial spiciness is similar and then they change into completely different scents. I happen to like this one a lot more and absolutely love the packaging!

agado
agado

it is a very flowery scent with a touch of some spices. not a very long lasting for EDP :(

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

Like everyone already mentioned this is a very musky vanilla. The spices are there and although I love spices in other perfume blends, here to me it seems like its BO. It does have some similarity to Sensous but I like sensous this one NO, the musk is just too much. It is a skin scent and it seems like you are sweating something sweet, like how you would smell like if you are on a vanilla cake diet. I only sampled a bit but i think that is enough. I am happy I didn't blind buy this one as I was really excited to smell it.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I love this! I'm surprised it isn't as well loved as some comments indicate otherwise. It has the right amount of spices, woodiness and florals and it is well balanced. I get compliments on it, recently I was standing next to a coworker and she yelled out, wow you smell terrific. It also helps that the man that made it or helped to make it is a hottie.

Littlewing8_9
Littlewing8_9

I love this stuff sooooo much..................

nobodygirl
nobodygirl

The one thing that I love about this fragrance is that Mr. Levine didn't make the generic 'celebrity fragrance' thats often boring and too reminiscent of flowery, sugary vanilla, musky, short-lived young scents. At first spritz, it goes on sort of peppery, and spicy. Not too spicy that it will make you sneeze, but a woody-spicy mix maybe with a bit of leather in it.
It lasts long on my skin, however, it takes a while for the notes to blend and mingle into the fragrance that Adam intended to make. After the pink-pepper top notes, I smell a bit of rose and peony? I think? I want to say there is some powdery elements thrown into the top notes as well. But as I mentioned, not too strong to make you choke or stuff you up -- like some of the old-lady type perfumes that just smack you in the face like whoa.
What I don't smell, is the sandalwood/vanilla that is supposed to linger in the aftermath. On my skin, it still has the nice-almost-manly-unisex scent of sweet leather, spicy woody florals and for sure, hints of pepper. I am pretty sure one of the flower notes are either peony or rose. I really like it because it is so much more different than other celebrity fragrances. Sure, he always said he would never do a fragrance, but I applaud him for actually putting some effort into creating something unique that stands out from all the taylor-swift-mariah-carey-five-different-versions-of-estee-lauders-beautiful type crap circulating out there.

weegee
weegee

I'm a fan of each of the listed notes, especially benzoin, but blended together here they just rate an overall "like" for me, not a "love". It strikes me as "boozy" in much the same way as CK's Secret Obsession although I find Adam Levine For Her has much more of a masculine vibe than SO does on my skin. I must say I enjoy the cedar effect created by the sandalwood & benzoin but the effect isn't different enough or uniquely striking enough to hold my attention, at least in warm weather. I respect the ingredients though, so I'll save my sample for a colder day. My nose can be fickle.

Not so very deep or dark, just a conglomeration of individual parts that are lovely on their own but unremarkable when blended. And my nose detects no florals whatsoever - AL For Her is all woods, spices and boozy resins with a dash of vanilla that pops up in the drydown to sweeten the mix. I can imagine it working beautifully, on someone else. And if that someone else is you, there's an ebay seller with 50ml bottles for just over $15 USD with free shipping!

On the other hand, Adam Levine For Him is absolutely delightful on my female skin and it's for sure full bottle worthy - an immediate "love". It's as if he's set up a gigantic tease with the labels -- a man's scent for a woman's skin and a woman's scent for a man's skin. Well enough... in the words of the late, great Bob Marley, "We all are one", so forget the labels and wear the one you love. I'll take Adam Levine For Him, for now. As I said, my nose can be fickle.

P.S., I'm a couple of hours into my sample and I'm now reminded of Kate Walsh's Boyfriend, albeit without the tasty patchouli: it's your boyfriend's scent on your own skin. The vibe is the same but Kate does it better with the actual fragrance.

P.P.S., I have Hilary Duff's With Love and enjoy its woodsy character (just what is cocobolo anyway?) and find the similarity emerges after a couple of hours..

P.P.P.S., I also have Shisheido's Feminite du Bois and while I wouldn't call the comparison exactly blasphemous, a wrist-to-wrist sniff test detects no similarity.

cherie97
cherie97

I wanted so much to like this, but unfortunately I don't. The bottle is fun, but the liquid doesn't get along. It's a heady, strong scent with lots of musks and woods. For me it's quite messy, not easily blended.
Rose is heavy here, and the sandalwood is very sensuous.
It's strong, warm and for me choking.
Only smelling my wrist causes a headache.

To me, this isn't the definition of feminity.. Sadly.

ditush
ditush

I do not agree with the Hilary Duff With Love comparisons. Those were the (only) reason I bought this and it does not remind me of it at all. I seriously cannot smell any of the notes listed here and I am familiar with all of them. I get an ylang-ylang note similar to Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia and AG Songes but less strong.

It is a pleasant smell, not very innovative in general yet quite original when it comes to celebrity scents. It is a safe blind buy for sure but it is not what I was looking/hoping for. Lovely but not exciting if you know what I mean. I can imagine someone wearing this in the spring because it gives a warm feeling but not "winter/spicy warm" (which is what I wanted) more like "sunny/sweet warm".

The bottle and the packaging are fun though, an original piece if you are a collector.

Lali_7
Lali_7

If it wasn't for the citruses, which reminded me of lemon scented dish soap, it would be an OK scent. I was quite bothered.
Maybe it was a hidden message 'you're quite sexy, but go back to the kitchen' or something along those lines. I dunno...

noseynosey
noseynosey

Nobody has made the comparison to one of my favorite scents and it has been discontinued!! This is an exact copy of my beloved Feminite du Bois by Shisedo. I love it!!!!

CDGfan
CDGfan

Smells EXACTLY like Indian Mogra temple incense, very well composed and almost niche quality. Good job Levine!
Adam Levine must secretly love visiting Hindu temples in Southern California.
Btw Mogra is Indian Jasmin and it has a very musky animalic quality.

Honestly this is quite unisex , because Mogra has a very temple incense quality which places it in the unisex category.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Seeing Adam Levine's fragrance I was intrigued. After all, the frontman of Maroon 5 is incredibly sexy (at the least to me) and I was curious what he would slap his moniker on and call his own in today's world of celebrity fragrances. Would it be sex in a bottle?
The first time I splashed it on , I did indeed, smell sexual skin. Was my mind deluding me? Perhaps. But this is a skin scent. I'd say it is the Indian Jasmin that's responsible for the animalic smell I was getting. There's a bit of leather going on here and Saffron is the culprit there. Adam Levine for Women is a pleasing, powdery, vanilla, sandalwood skin scent. Hours later, light sweet florals make their way in and announce themselves. The leather and florals may make an entrance, but they stay in the corner most of the time, talking to the spices.
The longer this sits on me, the more powdery and woodsy it becomes. It's not a fragrance to dazzle but more a perfume to relax with, to enjoy pleasantly and one to wear in cooler weather with blazers, open neck shirts and scarfs tossed nonchalantly.
It's soft and feminine and its projection is close to the skin. Share it at times you want to be close with someone. Its lasting power is quite good-minimal four hours.
Simple rectangular bottle with the name emblazoned across it with a pretty cap. Perhaps layering it will bring out the sillage, I don't know, but there are sets available. This is a designer fragrance that reminds me of Flowerbomb or Hypnotic Poison(not as spicy) on its drydown for me.

tanpeached
tanpeached

This is definitely on my next purchase list. It's warm and sexy. Not at all what I was expecting from a celebrity fragrance, like it's already been said by other reviewers. This hot number is a perfect fit for your fall/winter collection.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This has an odd scent for a celebrity fragrance. It's pretty masculine and is a spicy floral. I'm not sure that I'd purchase this.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

one of the best celeb fragrances released in a while, I love it. warm and creamy spice with a little flower here and there, love love love!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

کافی است فقط برای بوئیدن این رایحه و تصور این شخصیت جذاب و سرحال بافاصله متوسط عطر میوها و سنگینی
گل زعفرن رایحه ترش مرکبات وهمچنین مزه شیرینی فرد جذاب بخوبی انسان را در دنیای شیرنی وخوردنی بودن این وانیل انسان را بفکر فرومیبرد.

love45
love45

The spices and the vibe I'm getting from this perfume reminds me of With Love by Hilary Duff! It feels really warm and I like it very much! If you like With Love, you might like this one as well! Not bad at all! ;)

twillocks
twillocks

I love this and I love Adam LOL dreamy . . . . .I keep sniffing my sample can't wait till my bottle gets here. It lasts forever I Just Love It.

I don't think it smells anything like Hillary Duff's fragrance. I don't have any perfumes that smell like this. . . .and believe me I have a LOT

jonr951

Totally found this at Macys today! Took LONG enough! Haha! He already needs to come out with new ones as I really don't love or adore this one or his men's fragrance. Come on Adam! : )

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

This was a horrible experience. I sometimes spray mistakes on, but this was gross. It smelled like smoke and tobacco.....like I had an all nighter at a smokey bar. Very strange. Goodluck to whoever's chemistry produces something positive.

Tovah
Tovah

This deep sandalwood fragrance, on my skin, reminds me quite a bit of Samsara. I "get" the comparisons to Sensuous, because of a couple of the spices used, but Adam Levine EDP couldn't smell less like Sensuous on me than Love's Baby Soft smells like Angel. ALFW isan incense-floral, woody fragrance that doesn't seem gourmand to me. There's a lot more jasmine in ALFW than I expected there to be, based on the reviews, but sandalwood stands out the most to my nose.I find this fragrance is best after about an hour of melting into my skin. Something in this calls to mind Tocca Cleopatra.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I've tested this one out a couple of times now. I can't stand the men's version but I admit that this women's version is better than that one. I still don't see this fragrance as being anything really outstanding though. It's pleasant enough, but nothing really special. For some reason I can smell gardenia in this, yet it doesn't seem to have gardenia in it. I am not a gardenia fan by any means. I usually find it too strong and overpowering and I don't like that I'm detecting it here. There are very few fragrances who manage to incorporate gardenia just right so it blends in instead of standing out. This perfume seems generic to my nose and a tad boring. In a sea of sweet-fruity-floral celebrity fragrances, this one does stand out as being different but unfortunately something seems to be missing that could have made it totally unique and wonderful. For me, this one is not "full bottle purchase" worthy.

levinebabe
levinebabe

This is a different scent from any celeb. While others try to be sweet, fruity, gourmand, this scent really stands out. I scent sandalwood. I don't know how saffron smells.It is the scent of a woman. It is so different from nowadays scents. No, the vanilla isn't sweet. Not a teenish girly type.
Well, I made a 1ml sample decant and give to my friend. She loves it! I didn't think she would, since she is into fruity scent.
The longevity is surely undoubted. Sprayed once on neck at 5PM, sniffed it again at 12PM (yes, the next day!) and it was still there.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

I like it, i adore him. Not what i was hoping for and not a stunner. Immediately i got Sean John perfume reminders, then i got Sensuous as well. It's not a bad thing, it's just i have been there, done that already. Seriously, there is no need for me to launch into any detailed descriptors here because it is like a combo of the two I mentioned. Agreed, it is not a mass production smell and only after dry down did I get what i thought was tuberose, i kept smelling that love-hate plastic note but apparently i was wrong based on the ingredients listed. Dunno, i will have to wear a few more times and see what else there may be to offer. If this is the scent that Adam Levine fell for, i would like to know it was. He is a freaky dude I am just more curious than anything else.

jonr951

Ok, I much prefer the women's scent over the men's from Adam. It smells just fine. It's nothing I absolutely love or adore one bit, but that's ok I guess. Haha! I just smell flowers and vanilla. I wish I smelled some spice and citrus, by I really don't. I know I've smelled this before, as I'm sure everyone else has as well, but at least it's not another super fruity floral or super sweet gourmand, even though I do love me some fruity florals and sweet gourmands. Haha! Thinking off the top of my head, I guess you can say this one is related to say, Gucci Flora, but just a tiny bit. It's like the older sister/aunt of Gucci Flora. Haha! It isn't heavy at all, which I guess is a good thing if super heavy white florals aren't your thing. It isn't say, Truth or Dare or Kim K. I don't even know what flowers I'm smelling, really. I'm not getting any rose one bit so it must be the marigold and/or the jasmine. It's nice, but again, I'm not absolutely in love with it. I have to own at least one of Adam's fragrances so I guess it will be this edp. : )

@paiged98@gmail.com, BRILLIANT! I definitely get Sean John Unforgivable Woman from this! You nailed it! Dang u! Haha! : )

Wow. I'm shocked. This is not what I was expecting from a celebrity scent. This opens up with a cool spiciness, even a bit sharp. As it warms and evolves, it develops a bit of sweetness and a lot of warmth. The spices seem to be simmering and getting warmer, mingling with the sandalwood. As others have mentioned, I also find a similarity to EL Sensuous, but not enough to get the two confused. I'm impressed.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

I smelled this in the store and it smells like an expensive scent it's nice. the one for men is nice too

This is a rich scent, spicy , at first spray I detect the saffron, it reminds me a bit of Queen Latifah, although I feel this is nicer, it smells interesting as it is a total change from the sweet boring scents out there. This is a scent one notices for sure, so if you want a light scent, this won't work too well. I don't get flowers though, will have to see in the dry down. Not sure this is easy to wear, I don't think of Sensuous upon smelling it, but they would be in the same category, Sensuous was more linear, not so rich, nor so spicy , I didn't care for Sensuous much, the Adam Levine is interesting, although I feel the spices take over a bit too much, it is an exotic scent , a bit too Indian spices for my taste Hopefully the dry down will be softer.

Smunky
Smunky

Is it just me, or does this smell an awful lot like Estée Lauder Sensuous? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad thing, I happen to have and love Sensuous. But... I HAVE Sensuous. Yes this one is less expensive, but the sillage and longevity on me are lesser too. I will use it up for sure, but when both this and Sensuous are gone and I need to decide which to repurchase, I'm not sure if I'll go with the more costly perfume I only need two or three sprays of vs. the cheaper perfume that I need five or six sprays of.

Cams
Cams

Sprayed this a few mintes ago and the compliments have not stopped. Being a huge fan of Yann Vasnier I cannot dismiss this out of hand. I'll see how it develops. Great start!

Update - happily bought it! For a celebrity scent this is very, very good. I had sworn off celebrity scents but I'll gladly make an exception for this one. Even the box is sophisticated!

In Vogue
In Vogue

Someone contact Coty, they've stolen the Vanilla Musk formula! During the first 20 mins., I smell something warm and animalic, like amber. Very sexual, which befits Adam Levine's image as a ladies man. I don't pick up any citrus or florals at all. After 20 mins., the dirty smell is completely gone, and all that remains is an exact clone of Vanilla Fields Musk fragrance, which is just a warm scent of cheap musk and vanilla. It's probably intended to be a scent to wear in bed (not alone), and I think Adam Levine would really want a woman to smell like this. But without those dangerous initial animalic notes, it's perfectly safe for teens.

temo
temo

What a great surprise! Soft and beautiful. Unique and wonderfully blended. Bought it immediately! Sprayed it about eight hours ago and am still enjoying the final trails of it on my wrist. A pleasure from start to finish.

SimplyAbbey
SimplyAbbey

Love it. Smells great almost powdery and sweet. Great for a date or keeping it casual. :)

Sh1rlG1rl
Sh1rlG1rl

Tried this new Eau de Parfum at my local pharmacy TODAY. Yes guys and gals it is out and about and ready to ....please me anyways. Very relaxed and comfortable scent. Definitely not an 'in your face' fragrance, which is sometimes preferable in this new backwards era of "No Scents is Good Sense" (I will keep my thoughts to myself on THAT whole issue as I could write a large, exclamation point punctuated tome! See - can't even write one sentence without becoming irritated! OK, make it 2 sentences.) HaHa
This stays true to its notes and has a very good lasting power, on me anyways. Then again, most perfumes last on my skin. I liked the bottle design, and loved the shiny, perfectly weighted, mike top. Quite unique. Reasonably priced and a nice surprise for a celebrity perfume. A fragrance either works or totally does not work on me and this one just got hired as it passed all my criteria for what I wanted today. I guess if I had to sum it up in one word, this new frag would fall under the definition of
P O L I T E and in today's world, that's a keeper :)

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

I found out where to buy this perfume, at Macy's!! I'm very curious about this perfume. I don't always like spices in perfume, but I'm hoping this one will surprise me. Otherwise this perfume is right up my alley. I also adore the bottle, like who doesn't adore him? I do like warm spicy so I'm really hoping to love this!

jonr951

Every woman in my life will probably be getting this from me. Dang you Mr. Levine! Haha! It sounds nice! Please be nice! : )

Adam Levine for Women by Adam Levine 3.68 out of 5 based on 284 ratings and 77 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Adam Levine Adam Levine for Women fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Adam Levine Adam Levine for Women, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Adam Levine for Women by Adam Levine. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Adam Levine for Women by Adam Levine represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.