Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

smoky
Evening Rose Aerin Lauder for women Videos
Evening Rose Aerin Lauder for women Pictures

Aerin Lauder, Estee Lauder’s granddaughter, founded her lifestyle brand in 2011 and has since been popular for her cosmetics, home items, jewelry and purses. The house is expanding their offer to include perfumes and is launching five of them in 2013. - Gardenia Rattan, Amber Musk, Lilac Path, Ikat Jasmine, and Evening Rose will launch in November. The creator wanted to provide a scent for each mood and time of year.

All fragrances were developed with assistance by Firmenich perfumers. The collection was inspired by fabrics that Aerin uses in her creations. Even the outer boxes feature fabric designs from Lauder’s line. Each bottle is crowned with a differently colored stone that incorporates the color of one of the ingredients in the perfume — green for Gardenia Rattan, pale brown for Amber Musk, pink for Lilac Path, white for Ikat Jasmine and purple for Evening Rose.

Evening Rose is a feminine day-to-night fragrance. Fragrant notes incorporate juicy blackberry, rich cognac combined with voluptuous rose centifolia and Bulgarian rose absolute and incense. Perfume hides in a packaging with “Hither” pattern, which was adapted from an English Jacobean hand-blocked linen from the Lee Jofa archive, dating back to the early 20th century.

The fragrances arrive on the market in November 2013 and will be available for purchas as 50 ml eau de parfum spray.

Blackberry Bulgarian Rose Rose de Mai Cognac Incense Pepper Amber

Rose Absolue
Tudor Rose & Amber
Cafe Rose

Evening Rose Fragrance Reviews

nada
nada

Very beautiful rose scent. Well balanced and romantic. Only shame it is so hard to find.

artemiss
artemiss

She's a tall dark-eyed stranger walking in from the smoky street late at night. She's mysterious, she's classy and elegant, cognac and roses so dark they look black in this dimly lit bar.
The incense gives the rose a dark and brooding quality, and the boozy notes make it feel grown-up without being a musty grandma's bathroom rose.
This is by far my favorite in this series.

nordhaul

Disliked in winter. Now it's summer, wore
her in the pouring rain (I got caught), and
Verdict is: EXQUISITE! Such a Stunner.

diana.devlin
diana.devlin

I just got to test this in Bloomingdale's. It is beautiful. Definitely a nighttime rose scent. But as I smelled the test strip, I kept thinking it reminded me of something I've smelled before. Then it hit me - it smells almost identical to Bath & Body Works P.S. I Love You eau de toilette (not the body spray version). I was actually thrilled because I own 2 bottles of P.S. I Love You so I saved myself a hunk of change by not needing to buy this. I sampled several other Aerin scents and each smelled very pretty. But none really stood out for me that warranted its price tag. Ikat Jasmine was the one I liked the most.

Aco89
Aco89

Finally another perfume I love!!. I am extremely picky when it comes to fragrance. The only perfume I've worn for 7 years is Chanel No. 19. I have searched high and low for something else I love so I can switch it up and never had any success before finding Evening Rose. I'm terrible at describing perfume but to me this reads as rose, incense and has a nice sweet powdery smell to it. It's very pleasant. I am allergic to perfume on my skin so I use one single spray on my clothes and that's plenty to last all day. Truly gorgeous perfume!

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

This clinches it; I love berry/rose combinations. Evening Rose starts out with a very strong rose scent, which almost turned me off. A few minutes later, a dusty, old scent came through that almost made me scrub it. But then, a cloud of sweet berries enveloped me and made me very happy. The rose softened and blended with the berries and a hint of cognac rounded it all out. The incense came later and deepened the scent. I spritzed it on around bedtime and I could still smell it on my wrist the next morning. Very lovely scent for chilly winter nights.

Review during WINTER-

LOVE the scent from the bottle, as
well as the opening spray. BLAST
of heaven right there. *Exceeding*
mY expectations. And so I *spray*

then...

dies down to something I find objectionable -
embarrassing even

...that is to say...

I wouldn't want to be caught
smelling like this...
like a man almost

...but then settles into something Quite lovely...

enticing me to spray s'more

...and so the cycle begins.

...Peace...

I sense a dirty old-fashioned rose scent. Some incense too. Reminds me of Serge Lutens rose scents, which I also didn't like.
I am not a big fan of rose, but sometimes there are good ones. This one is not one of them.
The product itself seems to be a good quality, just not the kind I would like.
It's too dusty old-fashioned smelling for me to like it.

Adelaide Rocks
Adelaide Rocks

'Jammy boozy incense' gone very wrong. I applied a small spritz, and the first impression wasn't unpleasant--rich warm slightly floral berries. However cloying smokey booze quickly took over. I kept this on for about 90 minutes, hoping the incense and cognac would let up a little and let some rose shine through. It just kept getting stonger and stronger. I could tell there was some floral lurking under the other notes but I never got even a glimmer of rose. After I gave up and washed it off, it still was strong. Tried eye-make remover which, weirdly enough, usually gets rid of stubborn fragrances, and suddenly I got eau de ashtray. Luckily the stale smoke smell has abated a bit, but three hours later I can still smell jammy booze and am really looking forward to a shower. Great sillage and longevity. Why can't the fragrances that work for me be this persistent?

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

I was testing this again and I had deja-vu. Then I remembered what it was - Tom Ford's Cafe Rose! They are similar, except this is missing that coffee note that TF has. Otherwise they are somewhat similar. This has incense too. I like it, it's interesting.

mrsg34
mrsg34

A wonderfully jammy rose that settles into a smoky, womanly rose that's not too loud, I'm a fan of incense fragrances but it doe's not take over the whole perfume, the rose remains the dominant note.This is not your grandma's rose talc type rose, very modern edge to it.I blind bought this on recommendations from fellow fragrantica members and very glad I did.The bottle is also lovely and I was very impressed with Estee Lauder's service,prompt and samples galore.This has become one of my top rose fragrances.

RosalieRosalie
RosalieRosalie

This is a sour rose to my nose, although i might be a little preconceived.
I must say i love Aerin's Lilac Path so much, that none of the other fragrances in the line can win from it, when i'm wearing Lilac on one wrist and another one on my other..

Although i am unable to detect the berries, i assume it's this note that makes Evening Rose smell slightly sour.
It's not bad, but to me the price tag is not justifiable. I wish the cognac and especially the insence would be stronger

This Rose has an enormous staying power however; having sprayed it in late afternoon, i can still smell it on my wrist after a night's sleep!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Evening Rose is beautiful!
Nothing complicated here, but very appealing!
Velvety rose with fruity blackberry notes is what I smell mainly from top to dry-down. First few minutes I only detect the slightest hint of spice from the boozy cognac. This really doesn't stay for long though. The cognac seems to remain barely a whisper in the background, while incense takes it place to support this velvety rose and fruity blackberry.
I get about 6 hours noticeable longevity after which it will still remain, being a skinscent...
♥♥♥♥♥

LBDDiaries
LBDDiaries

I try not to read about the notes. I want to smell it on me to just decide if I like it or not. I will research it later. To me isn't as much a rose scent; I don't find it sweet or fruity - it's just sexy but elegant. I know, I know, that's a useless description! I just know my husband likes it and he rarely likes ones I also like. He likes super heavy like Chanel Coco and Lancome Poeme. This is not a heavy scent but it does wrap itself around you and envelop you in an unusual, expensive smelling scent. I think more little black dress than I do sneakers and cut-off shorts (although you can wear it any darned way you want to).

I purchased a sample size (.07 oz, 2ml) after reading about it somewhere. To me, it does smell expensive (probably because it is, smile) but one thing I hate is smelling like everyone else out there so at $110 for 1.7 oz, few people I know will indulge. People also mentioned they didn't believe it lasted long so by having the sample size, I can toss it into my purse and respray anytime I want, too! And, of course, the old die-hard "use unscented lotion first, then spray and the scent will last longer" is a good rule to follow. It really is a lush scent that, to me, will set you apart from the pack!

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

Aerin Evening Rose...someone directed me to Aerin Fragrances because I recently decided I LOVE rose fragrance when well-blended or grounded with darker scents and notes. Unlike it's relative "Rose De Grasse," which is actually a quite nice, linear rose soliflore, Evening Rose is extremely different from almost anything I've ever tried but a fragrance I do not like at all.

Evening Rose opens with a definite blast of discernible jammy blackberry booze...sweet blackberry cognac, as listed in opening notes. Like Rose De Grasse, Evening Rose is not a complex fragrance but a very straightforward EDP with clearly identifiable phases and notes.

The mid phase is rose, rose and more rose; however this fragrance is not harsh, loud or shrill in any way, as many rose fragrances tend to be. If anything, this fragrance smells "absent" because I can hardly detect I am wearing it and neither can anyone around me.

Honestly, I find the mid-notes of Bulgarian rose (or any rose for that matter) hard to detect. And when I do sense wafts of rose, I smell older, weak and rather nondescript blossoms that frankly smell past their prime.

And I love incense fragrance when well-blended with other notes. But sadly, I detect no incense or smoke in the dry-down (hours following the initial application). To me, Evening Rose wilts into a barely detectable, powdery & sour floral-musk fragrance of "I cannot tell what it is I am wearing and what I do detect is not pleasant." Close to the skin, the scent is unbearable...a scrubber!

Silage is poor; longevity is fair. Was hoping this might be an affordable alternative to my other beloved fragrances, something I could enjoy and afford to wear every day...

On a bright note, while waiting for this generous sample of Evening Rose to arrive, I decidedly purchased 100 ml bottle of Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady-YES!

While I like Rose De Grasse a lot, Evening Rose is a pass. Evening Rose is totally forgettable and I am extremely disappointed.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

When my beloved Yves Rocher Rose Absolue was discontinued, I didn't think I would ever find a replacement. During a trip to Sephora, one of the sales ladies suggested I try this new line from Aerin Lauder. Naturally, I reached for the bottled labelled "rose." I have to say, I think this is a beautiful fragrance. This is a lush rose, a warm rose, a rose in all its glory as it should be. This rose is feminine, yet sultry, poised and polished, yet comfortable. The only issue with this fragrance, on a personal level, is the longevity. The bottle is gorgeous, the lid is impeccable, and the fragrance inside is a dream. A beautiful rose from a beautiful woman.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Smells like incense, potpourri and then smoke and rose. I got a sample and put in on my wrists. ...then decided to sniff my Stella by Stella McCartney...it has worked some magic and I can't smell Stella at all...it has taken over all my sense of smell!!!
It's an ok perfume...but I appreciate my Stella even more now!

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I have a sample of this one given me from Sephora.It somehow reminds me of Issey Miaki the red round bottle from 90th. It is good, soft, lady-like smell.

lairderien
lairderien

Rose jam anyone? Rather too sweet for my taste but I'm sure its a pleaser for many. Opens with soft Bulgarian rose, sweetened & drowned in boozy, sugary black fruits - I don't get any spice & certainly no smokey incense? The name Evening Rose is a bit misleading however - Day Rose would be more appropriate due to the low sillage (so low that theres no risk of offending sensitive noses). The longevity is quite good & as soft as the scent is, it does linger on the skin for several hrs. I agree with other reviews that this is similar to Yves Rocher Rose Absolue - Evening Rose is much softer & less teeth grindingly sweet but considering that you can pick up Rose Absolue for less than £30 then I would plump for Rose Absolue every time - better sillage & longevity for your money (once you can get over the super sweet jammy opening). I do have to say though, that the bottle & packaging for Evening Rose is delightful - still not enough to make me want to splurge on a full bottle though.....

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Beautiful bottle but holy moly - so expensive! And it only comes in 50ml bottle. Did not deter me from trying though. The rose is beautifully rounded and smoky with the incense and cognac. I don't usually like blackberry notes in perfume but I could not detect it here or else the incense is dominating my sense of smell. Someone mentioned Tom Ford and I agree - it is reminiscent of his style although this would be an office version (does not knock anyone down with its sillage). I would buy a bottle for a lower price.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: four hours then nose-to-wrist

christianne1
christianne1

EVENING ROSE is my jammy boozy incense rose holy grail!! For the type of rose scent I like this is out and out perfection! Intoxicating, rich, moist, deep dark fruity boozy incense rose. I am absolutely in love with Evening Rose!!!! One of the best jammy dark rose fragrances I have ever smelled. The ONLY thing is I just wished it lasted a little longer. But that's okay, I love it enough to spray hourly if needed. By FAR, the stand out winner from the Aerin line. Fantastic!!!!

This isn't a simple rose water scent, this is a rich, boozy rose scent, I think if I were a fan of rose perfumes, I would like it a lot! It is really an evening rose scent, a bit mysterious, very feminine, bewitching almost...
A bit like Stella Absolue..although it isn't a dark red wine rose. More a velvety red rose.

rockegg
rockegg

The name is perfect for this lovely fragrance. This isn't a breezy, dewy, daytime rose, this is dark and mysterious and still ultra feminine.

muskymoi
muskymoi

Subtle incensey rose turns into thick jammy goodness in the drydown. worthy of a full bottle? not for $110 but it's worth a testing...

Guest_yvashche
Guest_yvashche

Evening Rose has been hard to get. The other scents in the collection seem to be more widely available. I bought this blind because I found a really good price on ebay and I wanted a new rose scent for summer. Well, this is definitely a satisfying perfume: just like the other reviews said, it opens fruity and boozy and slinks down into a classy rose. Total office scent but if you spray more than 5 times, this can be enjoyed in the evening. Really delicious when oversprayed but the lasting power requires one to carry the damn bottle around! I love the outside packaging with the rose fabric theme, the bottle is of heavy glass, the topper looks expensive though it is not real stone and the whole look and feel of Evening Rose is of class and sophistication. For $110, there are plenty of better perfumes out there, especially since 50 mls is the only size. However, people who like to smell expensive but tame should go for this one.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smells like a lush sweet boozie rose...GORGEOUS

sandrajj
sandrajj

Based on the reviews here (and many thanks to NoireFox, you do a fab, clear, concise review!), I've just ordered this from Nordstrom, and cannot wait to receive it. Should be in my hot little hands on Tues, April 15, '14--so will do an edit then!!!!
Feb 14, 2015--Oh, time flies when you're having fun!! I've been wearing this all winter, and absolutely love, love, love it!! This was too overpowering for spring-summer--but autumn/winter, it's mahvelous!!!

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

A rich and succulent rose fragrance by Aerin. This one has a resemblance to Tom Ford's Cafe Rose - probably from the heavy rose and incense notes - but the cognac in Evening Rose gives it a sweet tone. Sadly, the cognac in this is overwhelming and doesn't agree with my head (Champaca Absolute anyone?). My loss since this is a gorgeous rose :(

Update: I tried this one again and no headache! Beautiful fragrance! I plan on wearing this one more often.

Guest_NoireFox
Guest_NoireFox

This boozy rose is much better than it's ghostly reception would have you believe. First, I don't usually mention this, but, the bottle architecture on this line is gorgeous and of very high-quality, even holding it in your hands with your eyes closed, it would be obvious.
Anyway, on to the juice. Estee Lauder lists; blackberry, cognac, roses absolutes, and incense. And honestly, well, they're being pretty honest about it, because when I smell it, that pretty much sums it up to a T. While it is a somewhat spare composition (compared to much of the overwrought "dark roses" on the market) it is beautiful, and very well blended. It's strange, but they've managed here to construct the fragrance in such a way that it feels simultaneously sparse and lush, familiar, yet dark. It's not listed, but I also get a fairly pronounced musk note as well. Not a cheap, plastic-y musk, but a soft, tender, salty musk much like the high-quality musk of Malle's Portrait of a Lady. Needless to say, I've my eye on Aerin.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aerin Lauder Evening Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aerin Lauder Evening Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Evening Rose by Aerin Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Evening Rose by Aerin Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.