Designers » A » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Gardenia Rattan Aerin Lauder for women
dislike

marine
tuberose
Gardenia Rattan Aerin Lauder for women Videos Gardenia Rattan Aerin Lauder for women Videos
Gardenia Rattan Aerin Lauder for women Pictures

Aerin Lauder, Estee Lauder’s granddaughter, founded her lifestyle brand in 2011 and has since been popular for her cosmetics, home items, jewelry and purses. The house is expanding their offer to include perfumes and is launching five of them in 2013. - Gardenia Rattan, Amber Musk, Lilac Path, Ikat Jasmine, and Evening Rose will launch in November. The creator wanted to provide a scent for each mood and time of year.

All fragrances were developed with assistance by Firmenich perfumers. The collection was inspired by fabrics that Aerin uses in her creations. Even the outer boxes feature fabric designs from Lauder’s line. Each bottle is crowned with a differently colored stone that incorporates the color of one of the ingredients in the perfume — green for Gardenia Rattan, pale brown for Amber Musk, pink for Lilac Path, white for Ikat Jasmine and purple for Evening Rose.

Gardenia Rattan is the perfect fragrance for summer, since it blends sparkling marine notes with opulent flowers like gardenia, tuberose and Tahitian tiare, along with amber. Its outer packaging represents a summer garden and features the Aerin’s modern floral design “Sayre,”.

The fragrances arrive on the market in November 2013 and will be available for purchas as 50 ml eau de parfum spray.

Sea water Peony

Gardenia Rattan Fragrance Reviews

Konga5000
Konga5000

Nice!
Kinda Gardenia Cocktail. A beachy Gardenia too!
----------
I'm here on a tiny free sample ...oh- the price! Somewhat expensive .
so go here:
Layer Jovan Island Gardenia with one of Tommy Bahama "Set Sail" series...
and there you are!

artemiss
artemiss

Mmm, this is beachy! I bought a sampler and expected this, not the Ikat Jasmine to be the dud of the bunch.
I am not a fan of gardenias nor tuberose. Too heavy, too cloying, too headache inducing.
Here, it works. I could swear there is coconut water in this, it is so refreshing and light.
I will argue that this is at all comparable to the cheapo gardenias, those leave my olfactory system begging for mercy, and generally result in terrific migraine soon after spraying. This is gentle, light, and probably impossible to smell for someone who is used to the heavier versions of these notes.
Unfortunately, I can also smell the indoles turning fecal on my skin in the later part of the drydown. Time will tell if this will be something I can wear on different days..

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

Estee Lauder, stop trying to make Aerin happen.. she's not going to happen. They're set up to be this classy, luxury fragrance line priced much higher than actual high quality brands, yet most of these ALs are voted most similiar to fragrances priced between $10-$20. The bottles look fairly cheap and have laughable Bath and Body Works names. They aren't bad fragrances by any means, but let's cut the shit, these are worth no more than $30. Gardenia Rattan is pleasant. It's a nice light, fresh gardenia scent, no more than that. You can get a similar to better experience for $10 with Island Gardenia or $15 for Pacifica's Tahitian Gardenia (I prefer the prior).

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Aerin Lauder’s Gardenia Rattan is the first scent in a very long time that has made me change my signature scent! I am a diehard gardenia lover and I love the creamy sweetness of those beautiful white florals, but I love salty oceans scents in the summer because they smell so refreshing and cool! Gardenia Rattan combined my love of sweet gardenias and salty ocean mists with a tropical kick from the Tahitian tiare flower! I will be wearing this all through the spring and summer! I get loads of compliments and to me this fragrances is well worth it’s new signature status!

Kristina25
Kristina25

I really love this fragrance. The term "summer in a bottle" is admittedly cliche and tired but for lack of imagination, this description fits for me. It's breezy and tropical and reminiscent of days in the sunshine, cooling off in the ocean. It's quite natural smelling and it's definitely light enough to wear in warm weather but not weak and timid enough that you stop smelling the lovely notes a couple of hours after spraying. It's stylish, too. There is a polished "perfumey" feel to this scent which keeps it feminine and sophisticated.
I've been wearing Gardenia Rattan tonight to ward off the January blues and it's working! This is the sort of thing I'd imagine surfer girls in Hawaii would smell like after a day on the waves. I may not be lucky enough to jet off for a week of sun, surf and tropical blooms but for now, this is close enough!

I absolutely loved Amber Musk, so I decided to give the other ones a try as well. It's a great gardenia scent.
Creamy and sweet, but fresh and uplifting at the same time.
A summery gardenia scent! I usually associate gardenia with more deep winter fragrances, but this one is very suitable for summer in my opinion.
a very interesting line of great fragrances, I'm glad I found it!

Kmam
Kmam

I have a pretty strong dislike for watery notes so I was a bit apprehensive of how this fragrance would turn out on me. It's very pretty and feminine, with gardenia blended nicely with a small layer of tuberose (I have a tuberose addiction, but concede that this is gardenia's show). There's a definite acquatic note that sort of blurs the flowers together and doesn't overwhelm. Someone else said "polite" and I think that's a great desription.

It's pleasant, but not hugely exciting. Sillage is gentle and longevity okay. I think it would be nice for daytime.

nerolette
nerolette

Stuck in an airport for far longer than expected so of course I walked over to duty free. This was the only thing I found that truly blew me away - creamy and utterly intoxicating. I didn't pick it up this time around, but I can't wait to get my hands on this again. Mmm.

Edit: scrolled up to see how others had experienced this scent and was surprised to see how many people voted daytime! For me it is so thick that I could only imagine wearing it at night - a warm summer night sitting outside with a well-made drink, to be more exact (i.e. my personal heaven).

Jomoves
Jomoves

This just debuted in Australia and reminds me of a watery version of Origins Shedonism. For those who haven't seen them the bottles are nice but really small. I was expecting something about the size of the private fragrances in Armani's line, but they are much smaller than that. The accompanying cream tubes are also on the scrawny side as well.

If these were just under the $100 mark, or bigger in size I think they'd be a big hit (they're $165). Lauder generally has an affordable selection but obviously they're trying to elevate Aerin to icon status so up goes the price.

Sigh.

kneissl
kneissl

I am a huge fan of EL's Private Colletion Tuberose Gardenia, so a couple of days ago I was at the counter planning to splurge on a huge bottle of PCTG when I saw the Aerin colletion all lined up waiting to be explored. I immediately dived for the Rattan Gardenia with great excitement. At first sniff it is very similar (to me) with a crisp white floral opening, then the sea salt hit me with a tickle and then it settled very quickly into a dry woody tuberose. I really liked it and was torn. The price for 50ml of this was the same as the PCTG for double the amount so I did not have to think about it too much. The SA game me a handful of Aerin mini spray samples to take home and have been wearing it all day. It will be perfect for a hot summer day as it is much lighter and not as pungent as PCTG. Very elegant and understated; should not offend anyone. I will be back to get a bottle ... one of these days!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Gardenia Rattan is a bright pretty gardenia, not indolic, with notes of tiare flower most prominent in addition to the gardenia. It smells like a gardenia bush after a rain shower, the watery salty notes are there, but as a background. The tiare flower begins to really shine for me in the second hour of wear, giving the fragrance a coconutty scent as tiare flower often does. The amber does deepen the scent in the drydown but there is not much real development with Gardenia Rattan.

It is a lovely fresh fragrance, perfect for summer days. I just wish it had better longevity. Gardenia Rattan lasted maybe 2 hours on me with sillage and about 4 hours total. All the Aerin fragrances require re-spraying, but the Gardenia and the Waterlily Sun last longer than the others in my experience.

JungleSpark
JungleSpark

I adore Aerin's soft Gardenia Rattan. On me its a lovely, warm and sophisticated white floral. Its become one of my favourites, and I definitely see this perfume as a great new addition to my collection.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Gardenia is not a favourite of mine so I would not buy a bottle. Soft sillage compared to other gardenia perfumes I have come across. Hubby wrinkled his nose too.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: about four hours

Pixie1104
Pixie1104

I adore this fragrance, so much so that it's replaced my signature scent (Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile) which I was on my 3rd bottle of as my most reached for perfume.

Now admittedly white florals are my thing anyway, especially of late, but this is such an easy to wear, fresh, summery and warm scent, not at all heavy or headachey like some white florals can be.

It's completely and utterly redolent of summer, a fact which makes me sad as I've just realised that it's probably not one I'll tend to wear in the winter.

I'm not sure if it has coconut in it but I definitely get a dry, coconutty blast from it (perhaps this is the salty note that others have mentioned?) along with the gardenia (which isn't at all overpowering)- in fact I would say this is a perfectly balanced fragrance with good longevity.

I wish I had the fragrance know-how and vocabulary to do this perfume justice. Suffice to say that I will repurchase repeatedly to keep this in my life and on my skin.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I think over the years Estée Lauder seemed to lose the plot somewhat and started creating those boring, made for the masses, crowd pleasers which lacked the depth, skill and originality of the old school Lauder fragrances.

Thankfully, along comes Aerin with a beautiful fresh take on fragrance which I think has elevated Lauder to the realms of 'great fragrance house' again.

Gardenia Rattan is a stunningly fresh and beautiful summer fragrance.
The gardenia and tuberose mix perfectly and the whole composition resembles a walk along the side of a river in summer, where flowers grow by the river bed and there is a fresh smell of water mingling with the smell of summertime.

The perfume has outstanding longevity and great projection. This is neither pungent nor overpowering, but retains an air of addictive beauty.

Stunning!! just stunning!!

diamondsr4ever
diamondsr4ever

The initial spritz did give a somewhat 'salty' vibe but this was soon replaced by a gardenia/tuberose perfectly juxtaposed. They compliment one another but do not outweigh each other.
In a supporting role the tiare flower provides a mild sympathetic background. Surprisingly I am not picking up any amber but perhaps I need to wait a little longer for it to kick in.
All in all a beautiful summer fragrance
EDIT: It is now 4 hours in and I am finally getting a simple, polite, amber residue.

This is a nice gardenia scent, with a smooth edge, the gardenia is present but not heady, it mixes in nicely with the tuberose, which remains subtle.This perfume has a classic edge, yet a fresh vibe also, nice for spring, even summer.. for me, it isnt as lush, or interesting as other gardenia scents..all in all though if you love gardenia, this is very pretty ,elegant, very nice..a bit too expensive for what it is in my opinion.But nice for a lighter gardenia version!!

Ioli19
Ioli19

I have it on now and it's really sublime, superb. The gardenia is not shouting but is very much prominent, genuine, centre stage proper. I love gardenias so for me that's perfect. The sea notes make it unique, lovely combination . The tuberose is lovely but taking a very appropriate back seat.
The private collection version is creamier and fuller flavoured, this one is a different take on gardenia, fab for summer.
I hope to get a bottle of this in the future!!

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

This is a salty, buttery gardenia scent that's best kept for the summer. The beachy sea notes makes this one very interesting as I've never smelled something quite like it in a fragrance. Right now on my winter skin, the buttery tuberose is definitely apparent, but I think this fragrance would expand and shine in the warmth. I will wait to try this fragrance again in a few months.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This perfume smells exactly as described, which I have found to be very uncommon. It is simple but still very pretty, grown-up without being too young or too mature, very beachy, blossomy, and clean. These are not sharp, demanding white florals, they are soft and creamy. The gardenia is gentle and soothing. The tuberose is of the buttery variety, but isn't overwhelming. The tiare flower is just present enough to bring out the best of the other florals without stealing the show. You get just a hint of crisp ocean on the tails of the flowers. It calls to mind a walk in a garden by the beach in the early afternoon on a warm, clear day; just you and some beautiful blooming flowers as you hear the waves lapping against the shore in the near distance. A balmy, gentle breeze tugs at your shoulders and you can smell the expensive soap provided by your hotel you washed with in your bath last night.
Despite how pretty this is and how much I like it, I can't justify the price. For the amount that 50mLs of this costs, I could buy a 2.7oz bottle of something from Chanel's "Les Exclusifs" line. For this reason, I'm going to wait to see if it shows up at a discount store in a few months with a more reasonable price tag.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aerin Lauder Gardenia Rattan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aerin Lauder Gardenia Rattan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gardenia Rattan by Aerin Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gardenia Rattan by Aerin Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.