Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Lilac Path Aerin Lauder for women

Lilac Path Aerin Lauder for women
dislike

Lilac Path Aerin Lauder for women Pictures

Aerin Lauder, Estee Lauder’s granddaughter, founded her lifestyle brand in 2011 and has since been popular for her cosmetics, home items, jewelry and purses. The house is expanding their offer to include perfumes and is launching five of them in 2013. - Gardenia Rattan, Amber Musk, Lilac Path, Ikat Jasmine, and Evening Rose will launch in November. The creator wanted to provide a scent for each mood and time of year.

All fragrances were developed with assistance by Firmenich perfumers. The collection was inspired by fabrics that Aerin uses in her creations. Even the outer boxes feature fabric designs from Lauder’s line. Each bottle is crowned with a differently colored stone that incorporates the color of one of the ingredients in the perfume — green for Gardenia Rattan, pale brown for Amber Musk, pink for Lilac Path, white for Ikat Jasmine and purple for Evening Rose.

Inspiration behind Lilac Path is the lilac bush which blooms at her late grandmother Estée Lauder’s summer cottage. The perfume blooms with galbanum, creamy jasmine lactones, angelica seed oil and orange flower. The carton is decorated with design, “Marila,” which combines two unique designs to create a signature batik.

The fragrances arrive on the market in November 2013 and will be available for purchas as 50 ml eau de parfum spray.

Galbanum Angelica Jasmine Orange Blossom Lilac

French Lilac
Pur Desir de Lilas
Fleurs d`Ombre Jasmin Lilas

Lilac Path Fragrance Reviews

ErinDewan
ErinDewan

This fragrence is completely divine! Lilac is my favourite flower and this honours it!
I tried it at Sephora on the weekend and could not stop bringing my hand to my nose... For the entire rest of the day!! Like a bloodhound or a crazy woman. I can still smell it on my scarf 4 days later!!! (She says with said scarf wrapped unnecessarily around her)
I remember sampling it a year ago and being disappointed that it wasn't an EXACT replica of the scent of a lilac. I was clearly too fussy and demanding of it... I wanted a lilac but this perfume offers an entire lilac garden complete with multiple varieties of lilacs, giving much more complexity and depth than one would get from a solitary flower. We also have a number of other (lesser) green and white-flowery notes that enhance the lilacs and complete this little lilac path we find ourselves wandering. The lilac is real but not quite real. Like a friend in a dream who seems to be wearing someone else's face yet is perfectly recognizable as your dear friend. It's lilac but not quite as I've ever experienced before.
Still, I'm in love. I cannot get enough of this scent, I'm shocked it isn't as loved as it should be... I can only imagine that too many people just wanted an exact lilac replica as I did at first. Give it another try!!! It's magical.
Ps I also have the Pacifica lilac perfume but its super synthetic compared to Aerins version. Nice, but not wonderful by any means. I've had it for years and basically never pick it up. :(

rosmarin
rosmarin

I really wanted to smell a realistic lilac scent. But no,i can feel that, one of the notes is lilac,but that's it. It's just a note. I really don't understand people who say this is exactly like real lilacs. No,it's just a combination of notes.it is a nice perfume,but i wanted something different. I wanted to love En Passant by Frederic Malle,a perfume that really smells like a lilac. But is has that strong naphthalene sensation . However,between Lilac Path and En Passant,i prefer En Passant.It really makes me think of lilacs ,it's much more artistic. It's so sad that is has the naphthalene sensation,quite strong. Lilac Path smells ordinary.I would pay 50 pounds for this,not more.

I can only sense lilac note in it. It reminds me of how I liked to collect lilacs when I was a child. Sun is shining, lilacs are the most beautiful and there's not one cloud in the blue sky.
It's awesome, that there are perfumes like that. I don't know if I'd buy it though. It's a very cool scent, but I'm into sweeter fragrances.
Otherwise, it's a nice perfume, natural lilac smelling.
A product of quality for sure!

what is this I don't even
what is this I don't even

Just got a chance to sample this - En Passant I think will always be king but this is absolutely stunning.

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

Finally, my search for a lilac fragrance may be over? Lilac Path is lovely. Yes, there are other notes in it but they support the lilac so that it shines beautifully - so essentially floral and graceful, it fills me with a longing for spring as it wafts from my wrist on this cold winter's day.

En Passant came so close to being the lilac for me -but for the cucumber in it. And some other lilac soliflores I have tried have all fallen short - too sharp on the opening or drydown, not long-lasting enough and so on. Of course I have not tried all of them - and perhaps I just have to do that before I actually acquire a full bottle of Lilac Path.

Wysteria
Wysteria

This is a clean, straightforward and very pleasant floral! It smells like true lilacs and doesn't develop on my skin, but I don't mind because it's a really nice scent. It's quite long lasting and keeps on smelling fresh the whole time.

I only wish they would sell small bottles of this; I won't wear this every day because it's so specific. But it's great for spring days. I'll use up my sample and decide if I want to buy a bottle anyway. The bottles look pretty on photo with the stones on top.

This is a 'must try' for all the floral fans

sueshow
sueshow

OMG this smells just like lilacs. Funny how lilac is not listed in the notes.

acid-cat
acid-cat

I was beyond stoked to try this perfume, and after reviewing the notes, ordered it blindly. Though it is a balanced and nicely composed perfume it's nothing like what I was expecting. The lilac is weak and too green. The jasmine note overpowers everything else. Lilac Path seriously smells like vintage Love's Soft Jasmin on my skin. Lovely, but not worth it's luxury price tag. Longevity and sillage are a joke for as much as this costs. Comparing Lilac Path to Pacifica's French Lilac, the latter does come off a bit more synthetic but is overall a more realistic lilac fragrance.

FinerThings
FinerThings

Where is the lilac under the note listings? Considering this is predominantly a lilac fragrance don't you think you should have the correct notes listed--in this case lilac? Somebody needs to correct that.

In any case this is a very pretty lilac perfume which is well-blended with galbanum (giving it a green feel), orange blossom, jasmine and a touch of bitter angelica seed The addition of those other notes give the perfume some depth.. It doesn't have that air freshener vibe that so many lilac perfumes tend to have. It's creamy, feminine and airy. Aerin Lauder did a nice job on this one. I've tried the Aerin Lauder Gardenia Rattan fragrance and I didn't like that one at all. Lilac Path is much nicer IMO. Worth a sniff if you like lilac fragrances and don't want something that smells like air freshener. I used to really like En Passant lilac perfume by Frederic Malle but lately I find the aquatic note in that one hard to take. I think I prefer Lilac Path.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Another uber realistic beautiful floral. I bought three samples..so no need to buy a full bottle. These will be fine for days I want a good solid floral,lilac to be precise! Drydown gets just slightly powdery with a smidge of amber. I find buying samples plenty to dabble in florals!

Kmam
Kmam

Very pretty and feminine; a simple lilac scent that doesn't overpower. Very realistic and quite linear. As with the others in this range the sillage is quite gentle and the longevity could be better, but for what it is, it's quite lovely.

RosalieRosalie
RosalieRosalie

This perfume is absolutely divine.
I suppose i could look for other words to describe it, but they all would be synonyms i'm afraid...

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

This perfume couldn’t be named any better! It smells exactly like a lilac bush. I can’t understand how lilac is not listed in the notes pyramid. Projection is moderate and staying power could range from 4-6 hours depending on the wearer and how much of it has been sprayed. On my skin this is a pure floral. If I had to imagine a color for it, it would be purple peppered with dark green dots. Google “Watermelon Tourmaline” and look at the pictures. In my mind, this smells exactly how that beautiful stone looks!

Compared to a pastel floral such as Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Lilas, this is a bit deeper, spicier, and more complex. If you were to compare this to a more perfume-y lilac composition such as Fleurs d`Ombre Jasmin Lilas, I’d say this is a less musky and a more natural interpretation of it. I know that there are a lot of perfumistas amongst us who are mourning the discontinuation of Jasmin Lilas. I was lucky enough to snag a very expensive but small bottle of it a few years ago. I’ve been using it sparingly because I was afraid to run out of it. It’s virtually impossible to find it anywhere anymore. Folks, the good news is: This is a very decent replacement for it!! The composition opens with a very prominent lilac note. The first few minutes are nothing but fresh lilacs. Unlike Jasmin Lilas, there are no overripe fruits present. For me this is an improvement to the composition. The heart phase, much like the Jasmin Lilas, is dominated by a spicy jasmine note with lilac following as the secondary presence. I cannot detect any orange flower or angelica as the notes suggest. I think a touch of galbanum is what gives it that spicy edge and, when combined with a hint of green notes, imitates that smell of “bush” as you walk down the lilac path. The drydown is a light floral that is subtle, feminine, pleasant, and wearable in all seasons.

I’ve been reading through the reviews for Aerin Lauder perfumes in general. I cannot understand the disdain generated towards them. I already own 4 of their beauties so it’s safe to say that Aerin is quickly becoming one of my favorite perfumes houses. I think, for the price, they are well composed with quality ingredients. Aerin Rose de Grasse is one of my favorite roses of all times and I’d be surprised if people wouldn’t plunk down a bunch of money if these were bottled under the Guerlain or Tauer or even Tom Ford brands. Give the Aerin perfumes a fair chance. They’re an understated house that deserves more credit. :)

BWLee
BWLee

Lilac Path is just like pure lilac in a bottle, it is so pure, comparable with Jo Malone series, last all day on me, i adore its simpleness.

Marie76
Marie76

The Aerin line has three elegant, strong, natural and harmonious white flower perfumes, Jasmin Ikat, Ratan, and this one which is my favourite. It's very natural, it reminds me of the original Jo Malone scents, it's very much like the real thing, having spent several summers of my life in New England this is what a lush flowery summer garden in bloom smells like. As with lilac, it's sweet, but it's also very fresh, there's a green note in there somewhere, along with jasmine and plumeria, it's gorgeous and less creamy than the other two.Sillage and staying power are very good. They are all classic scents, beautiful and non dramatic, they please, rather than " grow" on you, and I like them for that. They are " all American" in that sense, easy smiles, rich and generous. Very good for the summer and for when you don't want anything complicated.

reereetuna
reereetuna

I have a lilac bush under my kitchen window and when it blooms in the spring the fragrance comes through the open window and fills the house! Alas, this blooming is short lived i love likacs so much i'll pull up a chair as close as i can to the bush and spend some time with a good book. Now that i have found this feagrance i can experience lilac wgenever i want! I had purcased the sampler at the Estee Lauder counter and wore the lilac path on saturday . I dont know if anyone else could smell me but i smelled myself for a good part of the day . It was Spring in late January! And so, heres another perfume to add to my wish list. There are not enough days in a lifetime.....

Terimwal
Terimwal

Fragrantica is missing the lilac in the notes. It's the first note mentioned on the Aerin web site.

This smells like a fresh, true lilac. A little old-fashioned, but not cloying. It would be nice for a summer day.

Winterspring
Winterspring

.......this is amazing. It's like sitting in a lilac tree. How weird that there's not one note of lilac though.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'm kind of curious who wrote the ad copy for this line because it's completely lacking in all things sensory. How gratuitous of Estee Lauder's grand daughter to throw us a few fragrances amidst fabric and gemstone choices.

As you can imagine, the actual composition is just as 'thrown together'. I can usually pull off a green frag, but this is sinking on me. There is something really off putting here, something plastic-y feeling. I like my florals to have better grounding, more warmth and depth. This feels like it's going to fly off the pedestal.

So, not a hit. But I have the sample box so maybe something else will speak to me.

Pixie1104
Pixie1104

I'll be honest here, I was disappointed when I blind-bought this fragrance (on the basis that I'm OBSESSED with Aerin's Gardenia Rattan fragrance).

My first thought upon excitedly ripping open the cello and spritzing it on generously was that it smelt very, very old-fashioned, exactly like something my grandmother would have worn.

There's no doubt that there's a purity and simplicity to it that's delightful in its own way and doubtless it's an accurate interpretation of lilacs but it's not one for me as when I wear it I feel it ages me by 30 years. This is one I'll be passing on to a more mature friend!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Perhaps the BEST LILAC I have ever sniffed. Very close to the real thing. I guess it's the jasmine lactones, that dominate this blend.

Really impressive longevity for a floral theme, I must admit.

Great reference scent. 10/10 for genuine lilac impersonation.

renecastillo01
renecastillo01

Perfect! It is so hard to find a good quality lilac fragrance that does not "turn" into powder! If you want quality you have to pay for it!

This is lovely, like fresh lilac, so if you like a true take on lilac, this is it..now for me, I dont care much about lilac perfumes, still this manages to be a realistic and pretty lilac scent..nothing more to say really, it is a safe perfume, nice. Too expensive though.

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

I smelled this today at Saks. My first thought was that Pacifica's French Lilac is similar at a better price point. It has that bury your nose in a lilac bush super honeyed smell, so my second thought was, okay, at least it s accurate. And my final thought was I do not want o smell like this.

Lilac Path by Aerin Lauder 4.21 out of 5 based on 132 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aerin Lauder Lilac Path fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aerin Lauder Lilac Path, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lilac Path by Aerin Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lilac Path by Aerin Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.