Designers » A » Aromatic Green « Groups

Shiso Aftelier for women and men

Shiso Aftelier for women and men
dislike

Shiso by Aftelier is a Aromatic Green fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Mandy Aftel. Top notes are cloves and green pepper; middle notes are shiso, pandanus and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli and agarwood (oud).

Cloves Green Pepper

Shiso Pandanus Geranium

Sandalwood Patchouli Agarwood (Oud)

Shiso Fragrance Reviews

Brigidstanley
Brigidstanley

I have so many mixed feelings about Shiso! First of all, the complexity of layers took me several days to come to terms with. Some days a peculiar chemical magic marker scent confuses me, and overwhelms me. Other days I remember again why I was drawn to it in the first place: the wonderful creamy sandalwood, spicy cinnamon and clove, enhances the dry green tart scent of the Shiso in such a unique way. I love that it is based on a Geisha perfume recipe, I wonder if that is where the hint of Hinoki incense may be from? There is a level of powder that I am not quite comfortable with. It reminds me somehow of finding the most incredible vintage purse only to discover the lining is saturated with some strange powdery 1920s perfume....sigh. I think it may be the geranium I find off-putting... I think way less powder and more clove and green pepper, and this would be my signature scent. The drydown never disappoints, I have to say. The quality of the sandalwood is what saves this. If you are willing to wait for the initial peculiarities to tame, truly there is no other scent like Shiso.

dremerick
dremerick

A lot of misinformation on this site . . .THIS IS NOT DISCONTINUED and is available on the Aftelier website.

Saigon Cinnamon
Saigon Cinnamon

I fell in love at first sniff after ordering a sample, then quickly purchased a bottle. It is fresh and spicy, and I would say more of a crowd-pleaser than some of Aftelier's other perfumes. I can't get enough of it but use it sparingly since it has been discontinued. I usually spray it on the back of my hand for my own personal pleasure, rather than my neck (where I can't smell it myself) or on my wrists (where it tends to rub off). My only hope is that Ms. Aftel will publish the formula, like she has done for Alchemy and Parfum de Maroc!

meama
meama

215) I fink U freeky and I like you alot.
Shiso opens intensely bitter and spicy, a green pepper aroma coupled with a hint of mint and cloves.
The smell of hot cinnamon rises on green pepper and clove forming something relatively culinary. Then in the heart spring geranium and what should be the shiso. The aroma flows like sap, it moves, changes state and define the perfume is never easy.
Sandalwood base note is simply a marvel of green sweetness.
The evolution of Shiso is long and complex remaining true to the idea of an imaginary plant who needs to be admired in all its facets.
The best one from this brand whith Haute Claire and Candide.
Brilliant!

Shiso s'ouvre intensément amer et piquant, un arôme végétal de poivron vert, couplé avec une note de menthe et de clous de girofle.
Une odeur de cannelle chaude monte sur le poivron vert et avec le clou de girofle forment quelque chose de relativement culinaire. Puis en coeur ressort le géranium et ce qui doit être le shiso.
L'arôme coule comme de la sève, elle bouge, change d'état et définir ce parfum n'est jamais simple.
Le bois de santal en note de fond est simplement merveilleux de douceur verte.
La vie de shiso est longue et son évolution complexe reste fidèle à cette idée d'une plante imaginaire qu'il faut admirer sous toutes ses facettes.
Le meilleur parfum de cette marque avec Haute Claire et Candide.
Brillant!

Vintry
Vintry

I like it a lot. To me it smells like lemonade with smoke (incese). Weird for lemonade but it works :) After a couple of hours tho it turns to cat pee on me so sadly I can't wear it.

SERENAGELB
SERENAGELB

It is a warm scent. Very lovely. I only have a sample size, but once I wear it more I will report back with a more in depth review. :)

Loobloo
Loobloo

Oh, how I wish that I had a better perfume vocabulary, so that I could praise this scent more skillfully! This is my second Aftelier perfume that I have tried, and the two could not be more completely different if they tried. Privet solid perfume was very sweet - almost too much so. After one hour of smell, then POOF! Privet was gone.

Now, this - my love at first sniff - Shiso is only a lowly EDP; yet almost four hours after I sprayed cleavage and wrists, she lingers on. What a DIFFERENT scent this is! She veered slightly towards the masculine side of the street soon after landing on my skin. And in addition to the above listed top notes of cloves and pepper, I think I smelled citrus for a while. The drydown smells more feminine to me.

I have ordered many, MANY samples in the last week or two. I'm fairly certain that I will be buying a full bottle soon of at least two Hermes scents: Parfum des Merveilles and EDT Un Jardin en Mediterranee. But this scent: Shiso was one of the rare "I gotta have a full bottle of this yesterday, if not sooner!" magic I have worn.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aftelier Shiso fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aftelier Shiso, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shiso by Aftelier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shiso by Aftelier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.