Designers » A » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 909 I had it: 345 I want it: 500 My signature: 12

yellow floral
leather
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Agent Provocateur Maitresse Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Agent Provocateur Maitresse Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Agent Provocateur Maitresse Agent Provocateur for women Pictures Agent Provocateur Maitresse Agent Provocateur for women Pictures

Maitresse is the newest fragrance of Agent Provocateur. This is an irresistible secret weapon, a sweet and sexy fragrance, which is not so emphatic and shameless as the first AP scent, but seductive as well.
The composition is based on aldehydes. The passionate opening of White Lotus Petals and delicate nuances of white Ylang Ylang and Violet leaves leads to the floral heart of Osmanthus, Jasmin and Rose. The final note is woodsy powdery with Iris, Amber, Patchouly and White Suede.
The egg-shaped (bomb-shaped) bottle is provocative as the pervious ones. The perfume was created by Azzi Glasser 2007. Agent Provocateur Maitresse was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano.

Lotus Petals Ylang-Ylang

Fragrance Review For Maitresse Agent Provocateur

Top Notes Ylang Ylang Lotus

Middle Notes Iris Osmanthus Violet Leaves Jasmine

Base Notes Suede Musk Amber Cedar Wood

"Aphrodite Daughter of Zeus, Enchantress, Love, Be Thou My Ally" - Hymn to Aphrodite by Sappho

Agent Provocateur fragrances are not as sexy as the lingerie they produce. They are meant to take you away to let your imagination soar and to pleasure you with beautiful aroma. If you are searching for Agent Provocateur fragrances thinking they will be "sexy" or "sex bombs" you need to know this right now: they are not going to attract any guy, they are designed to please YOU as the wearer. This is not very sexy. The only true sex bomb Agent Provocateur fragrance is L'Agent with that smoky incense. This is more like the first Agent Provocateur and the others, just a stunning floral scent. It's very womanly, mature, elegant, classy, and like the inside of a turn of the century courtesan's boudoir, with a mixture of perfume, and actual flowers. I picked up on the scent of lotus which is a flower I'm crazy a bout. It opens with lotus, not quite Oriental but clearly a watery lotus. The scent then develops into an arrangement of ylang, violets, jasmine and iris. If you don't care for floral fragrances you can go forget about it. This is a heavenly floral aroma. Inhaling the scent I allowed my body and senses to be ravished by this fragrance. It's quite strong and very perfumy and it takes over you. It's so sexy. I can see why they would have the illustration of the sexy girl in stockings on the bottle. It's the kind of perfume a man can really inhale and let it fill his head. One of my guy friends who can't keep up with my perfumes smelled this on me one night after our dinner was over and I was going back home. We were in the taxi and he came up to my neck just to smell me. I was not uncomfortable as he has done this many times but this time I think he could have wanted more than just to smell me. This is the side effect of the womanly flower smell. It's a bit like when your parents fell in love and made you. It is a floral aphrodisiac. It's Aphrodite casting a spell of flowers. This scent matches up with the Greek poetess Sappho's prayer to Aphrodite to get a man to fall in love with her. This is a love spell. And will it work? Only you can find out for yourself.

fyre92
fyre92

This is a more floral less plummy jil sander #4

Christie-Jack
Christie-Jack

Probably a nighttime one.

Clean smelling fragrance, lingers well, quite soapy. There is something quite metallic/iced water about it; I know it sounds strange but it really is beautiful.

cocola
cocola

this does not blend well with my skin.smells like a cleaning product when i apply it.would anyone like one full sample and one 1/2 used sample?

ell_bee
ell_bee

This is the first Agent Provocateur I've tried, I've always been drawn to the brand's image but never thought I'd be able to live up to the sex-oozing scent they probably projected... Needless to say, I was hoping this would be a bit cheekier? Dare I say skankier maybe? To me, it's a really nice floral, way more aldehydic than musky to me. But that's just it... Nothing sultry bedroom about this one, way more office-everyday. Pretty, but way more ho-hum than I expected from the brand. Sillage is quite soft; lasting power, just, ehh.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

This is a slightly fuller, spicier version of YSL Paris EDT. I have Paris on one hand and Maitresse on the other and they are very similar. Lots of soft violets and rose. Is it stronger than Paris? Yes and I do like it better.

This is a soft scent with a little pizzaz but it will never bowl anyone over or clear out a room.. and being called Maitresse? Yeah. This is much too mellow to call it that.

loonad
loonad

this is a blind buy gone wrong. i don't care for it on my skin. However, it smells great on my drapes and beddings...

genevieves
genevieves

Intense violet leaves in a cloud of powder.

More of a night perfume. Very sexy.

ayh210
ayh210

The opening of this scent is a boring floral note. Your run of the mill floral fragrance. Certainly nothing to write home about. After sitting on my arm for a few hours, it starts to warm up a bit and smells a bit more musky.

It doesn't stand out on my dresser full of fragrances so I don't see a reason to buy a FB.

It actually reminds me of walking into a mall. That's what a department store in the mall smells like. Or if you walked into the bedding department of a Laura Ashley. Florally, sweet and inoffensive. A room deodorizer perhaps.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Literal sex bomb. The bottle is shaped like a bomb. A lot of women prefer L'Agent but I tested it and didn't like it. Too much incense, nothing remotely sexy about it. Smelled like a Catholic church. Nothing to do with sex. This is the one you want. Sweet, floral, seductive. The kind of sweetness in this perfume is not a girly girl type of sweetness like the Paris Hilton fragrances. This is a womanly adult sweetness. A sweet woman who is beckoning a man into her boudoir in her lingerie. Opens with lotus and ylang-ylang, so right away it's floral. Osmanthus jasmine iris and violets are in the heart. Iris is really noticeable and the violet is as strong as I like my violets. This kind of floral is elegant and powdery. It's also got some leather or suede but it's not as big as others seem to make it out to be. It's there but I find this fragrance to be more on the woodsy and musky side toward the end. I wear this when I go out on dates or to wear in the bedroom.

bronstein
bronstein

This one is a worthy complement to the original AP fragrance, although the scent as such is quite different. It's not as subtle and unusual as the other one, but rather a more common high quality female scent from the 2000s. It's a bit like a more civilised version of Pure Poison, which makes it perhaps slightly too well-behaved to carry the AP brand. But really, only slightly.

***

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

They say everyone can access memories by scent. This is 100% flashback - not to sexy, for I was far too young to know what sexy was, but to elegant, ritzy, comforting ladies who knew who they were and where they were going, and they were going there in gorgeous platform shoes, fluffy white fur jackets and strings of pearls. This is the fragrance of the woman who told me I could be anything I wanted to be. Girlish violet escapes from the bottle like liquid smoke, drawing you in with it's promises of youth and innocence. Lotus, Sambac and Osmanthus wrap their exotic, deep, floral fingers into your hair and tell you how pretty it is, letting it fall about your shoulders in a tumble of powdery musk, iris and softest kid glove suede ... and, when she leaves to go out dancing with the chap who has come to collect her in his Aston Martin Gullwing, and you are left with your bedside lamp, English Language homework, a body growing at illogical and asymmetrical rates and the strains of Donny Osmond singing "Too Young", the room is filled with the scent of night flowers, soft amber, and invisible powder puffs. I didn't think I'd like it. I don't. I LOVE it.

Dark Curls

I reviewed this in 2009 - fast fwd to 2015: I recall one day after a long and sweaty hour and a half of high-cardio spin class... I was walking up some stairs and a man was behind me and he was going on and on about my perfume, which had been reactivated from the early morning (it was now 8pm) from my cardio derived sweat...it drove him nuts. I will always keep a bottle of this in my collection. It is not traditionally 'me' - it is quite floral for my tastes but it has a dark and sensual undertone that comes out to play once the initial flowery blast dust settles..and settles down. It lasts and lasts and i haven't really smelled another like THIS. All hail, Agent Provocateur <3

Lowehetar
Lowehetar

Maitresse... ah. this is one powdery juice. It smells borderline old-fashioned to me. But somehow I like it still.

I can definitely smell the violet leaf there. And jasmine sambac. Something floral and quite pleasant. I
Love the suede in this but the overwhelming musk . ... well. Normally - I detest musk. It doesn't work well with my chemistry ( and I was suprised that there should be amber in this juice as I don't detect it at all. .). so I have mixed feelings about this one. Sometimes I like this and sometimes it seems so overwhelming... (must be the musk) But one note though... Men seem to adore this scent!!! I am married with kids and whenever I wear this, other men seem to "gather around me" so if you're a single - there's a hint for you :-)

Scented Demented
Scented Demented

Love this scent, makes me smell like a woman ;-)
Sadly, it only last about an hour on me, sob, sob :-(

Milladane
Milladane

If I were blind smelling this, without the influence of the brand or the bottle, I would have thought it was for a bride, or a younger but independent woman. It's rather romantic, and far far away from sultry or sexy. Well, maybe sexy in a normal good girl in a wool sweater way...not a bad girl in provocative lingerie for sure.

It starts with a mix of florals, but not a great mix. I suppose the suede is supposed to give it an edge? Not really. Then it gradually becomes musky and a little powdery. Very feminine and comforting. I would have totally bought this at 20 years old, but not anymore, with my years of experience behind me. It's overall a nice perfume, and I have always loved musk and powder, but it's just not noteworthy. Fantastic bottle design.

lolitajade
lolitajade

Loved this when I first smelt it. It smells a bit slutty in a good way. Intriguing.... I was seriously considering buying it.

But....

My boss has heavily sprayed it on herself for the past month.

It now makes me feel sick............Shame.....Saved my money though :)

This is not an office perfume! I would not say a evening only perfume but not for work :(

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

MAITRESSE, for me, is a very sexy, daytime, work appropriate perfume. What do I mean by that . . . ?

Well, I feel like I can wear this to work, be provocative, but not be outlandish or too attention seeking. Sorta like a sexy librarian with her hair in a tight bun, horn rimmed black glasses on a chain, a pencil skirt and v-neck blouse with a pencil resting on her ruby red lips. You know, "sexy, but she doesn't even realize it" type perfume.

This frag is a creamy apricot suede on my skin. Very unique. I love it! I would have given it my highest marks if the longevity and sillage weren't so weak with my chemistry -- which is another reason why I think this is a better daytime, rather than nighttime frag. But, the scent is so beautiful and alluring that, I'll happily carry it in my "library" bag for reapplication as needed. ;)

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Thump, thump goes my heart. This is a definitely has the Agent Provocateur signature. It has the under tone of AP but the top notes are light and creamy. My husband goes crazy for AP. When I had him smell this one he clung to me and wouldn't let me go. It is sexy. I'm surprised people don't find this one provocative.

paganpurge
paganpurge

This was love at first spray. To me, this scent is the epitome of beauty. A perfectly blended aldehydic masterpiece that lasts for hours. Nothing screechy or loud just a creamy powderiness I can't get enough of.
If I wasn't so attached to my beloved Noa Fleur, Maitresse would be my signature.

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

Fizzy, fuzzy Parma Violets (you know those little candy sweets that tasted of violets?). That captures this scent for me. Its slightly aldehydic, but warm and slightly sweet. Its very womanly, but not in a sex goddess kind of way, just a warm, voluptuous kind if way. I really love it, easy to wear, a bit different and really comfortable, doesn't irritate me at all, just melds into my skin. Beautiful and well blended, will definitely repurchase this one.

Henriette
Henriette

Maitresse Gold Edition surprised me first of all for its warning on the bottle "shake well before use".
The perfume comes out in a stream of tiny gold sparkles. This means be careful in spraying your clothes and hair.

Second impression: a strong blast of flowers, very loud as in those scents from the '80es.
But, again, let the fireworks finish, sit and listen to the background notes.
Very intense and less loud than the beginning.
A sweet caramel like note peeps out from behind. Not as in the gourmand such as Angel or Visa, more muted and working as a connector between the flowers and amber.
A slight suede note caresses you with such a tenderness you are amazed it could be possible after the explosion of the beginning.
Like others have said, I find it more a comfort than a seduction scent but my idea of what's sexy may not be shared by (and with) everyone.
LOVELY.

onaona
onaona

Maitresse is not a sex goddess to me. She's comforting, more of an embrace than a suggestive stroke.

She has a lovely throwback quality which I have to attribute to the aldehydes. I detect quite a bit of the note, but they're approachable aldehydes. The kind aldehyde haters will find acceptable; a gentle gateway to the note.
The suede is just as noticeable. A lighter leather presentation. It's cleaner and definitely softer. The suede holds the violet, ylang-ylang and musk gently together while the aldehydes uplift and cool the entire composition to perfection.

Maitresse gracefully sidesteps both the trap of trying to please everyone and conversely trying too hard to be different and edgy. The balance offers a wonderfully projecting, long lasting fragrance which feels both easy to wear and beautifully unique at the same time.

NOW, while I love the aesthetics of the bottle and how comfortably it snuggles into the palm of my hand, MY Maitresse is wearing a cozy pair socks not stockings and stilettos :)

red347
red347

What an amazing fragrance. It has a deep, sultry, sexy feel to it. This is one of the best, well composed powdery floral fragrances I have ever worn.

It has a very unusual feel to it, this one doesn't scream "I'm here", it just casually announces itself as you arrive. It seems to waft around all day, one spray and I am still smelling it on the way home from work!

Needless to say, it's a 11 out of 10 for me, long lasting, decent sillage, and the best "feel" (especially if you are a powdery floral lover!)

Rielle
Rielle

Got mine yesterday as a blind buy and I really like it. Such a pretty, feminine, smooth, powdery scent and has the same vibe on me as one of my other favorites Chanel Allure. The original AP has a scary opening but this is a beauty from start to finish. I don't find it sexy at all, but don't mind I have enough of those stuff already.

Fil0sofia
Fil0sofia

I kind of like Maîtresse but at the same time I don't really know when to use it. It's a little too powdery for me, I'm more of a citrus person. I'm not really sure what it is that I like about this scent..

It's a mysterious scent, not very strong or sharp. It's discrete and gentle but seductive and sexy in the most feminine way. Not trashy sexy! It pretty much smells like the mysterious ways of a woman, lol. You like it, you want it, but you will never understand it.

lirael00
lirael00

Very seductive one indeed. But I have a problem because on me is just a skin scent, there's almost no projection. I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that- so only your lover can smell it on you, maybe? I still like it though. Musky violet has never smelled sexier.

wind83
wind83

i have miniature 5ml. i think this is mature perfume, so seductive and it give you so powerfull.
when i wear it at night, i smell powdery and its long lasting.

maybe fo woman 30-40 i guess.

shaneyeats
shaneyeats

I remember someone said its a slutty rose ~

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Haha ! Put on your platform high-heels, fishnet stockings and paint the town red... if you must ! The show is on !

Seriously, this perfume is not to be reckoned with...and it is not for the faint of heart. This is not for everyone.

I will not be surprised if Agent Provocateur Maitresse gets some raised eyebrows. This is quite the mature fragrance...slightly on the strong side.

Very provocative. Even the younger opposite gender generation might negate the essence.

In my opinion, this has to be worn during the night, in an airy surrounding or outdoors, in the fall or spring. Maybe on a warm summer night too.

Sexy, sexy, sexy.

jessbug
jessbug

Maitresse is probably the easiest of the Agent Provocateur perfumes to wear. It's not intrusive, it doesn't have any scary notes, and it isn't overly 'vintage' or 'boudoir' smelling. It's grown-up pretty.

I do think that Maitresse is the least interesting of the AP perfumes. It's lovely, absolutely, and it is clearly recognizable as part of the Agent Provocateur family by it's typical floral-musky base. But all the things that make my other AP perfumes crave/cringeworthy are missing here.

Although this might sound like a negative judgment, it's really not. When I put on my make-up, I choose neutral tones 9 times out of 10. Sure, sometimes it's fun to go for the heavy smokey eye, or an extreme winged eyeliner! But most days I just want to look like a better-looking (and better-rested) me. That's why I think my bottle of Maitresse will be done way before I ever finish AP, L'Agent, and Petale Noir.

Militza
Militza

I love the bottle, and I think the lotus and all the notes work well except for one, which my nose repels, and I would say it is the suede note. The powder is okay as long as it is not overdone in scents. But, because of the suede, I will not buy it again. If they reformulate it and take that out, I would buy it again and again. I would hope they always keep the artistic bottle. The last couple of years have been disappointing in perfumes because any pop singer is in it, marketing his or her brands as they age. There are so many, the scents as well as the bottles lack good presentation. (nice way for saying, they look cheap & sometimes smell cheap too).

acwalsh1
acwalsh1

I love this perfume , its sexy musky floral scent is bold but also comforting,
i have had many compliments about its scent , ive already ordered my next bottle ♥ it

thatsperf
thatsperf

Lovely top notes! Violet, rose, musk and aldehydes. This is my favourite out of all the Agent Provocateur fragrances. Having said that...after 2 hours the fragrance started to turn sour on me, which is a shame.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

Note: I will try this in cooler weather and see if it improves. If so I'll edit this review.

I'm having a difficult time picking out a single floral. Lotus? Jasmine? It's a generic, non-descript floral opening. It's not a white floral but powdery (rose?). It's also pretty soapy (aldehydes?). Not my favorite quality in a perfume when it's combined with a sharpness.

After it warms up I get some definite rose and ylang-ylang. No violets. Not at all. The drydown has a lot of musk in it.

The longevity is pretty good, about ten hours and the sillage is decent.

icecube
icecube

Soft and wellblended. A sligtly waxy feeling.
A great crafted perfume that will suit many kinds of women. For me it is a clear daytime perfume.

Lily2911
Lily2911

Waaw one of the best modern aldehydes perfumes, the only one i like in the AP family.
It is a rich floral, very sophisticated and seductive without suffocating the whole surroundings. Lot of reviewers deplore short longevity, i succeeded to boost it a bit more by layering it with Yardley's April Violets because i adore the violet part in Maitresse.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Very pretty soft floral. Low silage and short lasting power. Stays close to the skin. I do like it though and would rate it about an 8 on a scale of 1-10. The bottle is really eye catching and pretty. I have never smelled the other Agents so not sure if they all lack the staying power. Anyhow you can go heavy with this one it will not insult those around you.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Great sexy floral chypre, too bad the longevity is not great.

Kateri81
Kateri81

White suede, musk and ylang-ylang. This is sensuality in bottle. It's soft, powdery /but no baby powder/ and damn feminine. Like a fluffy cat lying on the suede sofa purring gently and watching you.

pravda48
pravda48

This may be the only soft, delicate, sensual scent I like currently. Usually I'm a fan of loud/dark/heavy scents, or at least spicy/fruity. I've avoided aldehydes for a long time and musk I'm picky on but...

GORGEOUS. This is a -beautiful- day scent. I get lots of fresh-breeze type aldehydes and delicate lotus blossoms, + a decent dose of patch/rose/violet and a relatively gentle amber/suede tone.

Light but sexy, clean but not soapy, somehow earthy (patch/amber/musk) but still fresh and sparkly! I really am starting to dig AP as a brand. And it looks like aldehydes and I are making friends thanks to this and Boudoir =)

Maitresse = secret skank.
I can kinda see the comparisons to No. 5 because of the overall powdery effect and the ylang, but No. 5, to me, is defined by 3 things:

soap
civet

I don't find the aldehydes in Maitresse to be soapy, the musk in here is a bit "dirty" but nothing on par with civet and there is absolutely no citrus. Also the ylang-ylang, while strong in the opening, fades quite a bit as the fragrance develops.

So after the ylang-ylang chills out I start to smell violet, jasmine, osmanthus and a touch of amber. Both the jasmine and osmanthus come off a bit "fruity" to me, but Maitresse is decidedly floral. That is not to say Maitresse smells "perfumey" because there is definitely a warm skin (not my skin, I wish my skin smelled like that) scent that is present throughout. Perhaps it's the suede.

Sillage is moderate for the first 3-4 hours and mellows to a close, but not skin close scent for the rest of it's duration, 8+ hours.

anna.023
anna.023

This actually took me two buys to finally understand Maitresse. I bought it blind perhaps 1-2 years ago and didn't care for it at all. I could hardly recall the smell of it when I was offered a really good deal for it the other week. That's how not speciall it was for me.. Couldn't even remember it. My curiousity decided to give it an other try!

I must say WOW, I truly "get it" now. It has been an "ahaa-moment". It's an amazingly well, unik blended floral. I remember refering to it before as "a mess" of different notes, all too strong, fighting eachother.

I smell all notes much more clear now,it's not a mess anymore. Perhaps my skinchemistry has developed? It IS a mess, but it is a really interesting mess! It's more intelligent composed this time, not just a hasty piece of work sloppy put together in the last minute.

I smell the powder mingled with the iris and the violet, I enjoy the mix of violet and ylang ylang, but it's tricky when you mix all this with powder and iris, it can go very very wrong and you end up with dated baby powder from your grannys bathroom. But it's truly more complex than that even if I DO get a hint of grannys place, it's not dated and out of fashion it's rather cool actually.

I don't think this is boring or common at all, it seems like I have also learned to like Aldehyles.

The most dominating notes to me is powder, iris, ylang ylang, and violet. A hint of jasmine. I think the jasmine, rose and the ylang ylang put this down for me earlier. It still would if those were the strongest notes. Thankfully it's not.

I will continue to wear this and see where it takes me, atm we are close friends, we share a sudden crush for eachother, it's flirty, fun and most unexpected. I am not so sure if it's going to last or not, I get the feeling that this relationship might be stormy, unpredictable and not ment to last. We shall see....

Lucy Peach

My friend just described this as Chanel No. 5's dirty little cousin!!

This one is quite seductive, sexy and enjoyable. L'Agent was more impressive in my opinion but this one is also alright.
The seduction is not the only thing that comes in mind when smelling this perfume. It is also very sophisticated and elegant.
I like how powdery it is. And the musk in it is just perfect.
This fragrance is about sophisticated seduction in luxurious atmosphere.

soulflwr

Violets... pickled in sparkling aldehydes, sweetened by ylang ylang, then smoothed out by a warm, slightly sensual, suede note.

The main note, violet, which is usually a very high-pitched note to my nose, receives a sort of breezy support from the lotus note. As a result, the violet smells quieter and fresher than ordinary.

At the base I smell the remnants of the violet note, but the ylang ylang, accompanied by a quiet rose takes more of the stage. Not grandly however, it's more like the last two flowers remaining on stage as they are all exiting at the end of the show.

Beneath that I smell the musk, colored by amber and the whispers of powdery iris.

I initially didn't take to this fragrance (not a violet fan), but the more I wear it the more I'm able to understand it. A few people say that this is a sexy scent, and I would agree. But it's demurely sexy. Sexy because it's quiet, pretty, and feminine; but also because it's confident and womanly. The juxtaposition of those two sets of qualities is where the sexiness of this fragrance lies.

Lucy Peach

I have worn a good few perfumes around my boyfriend but this is the only one he's ever complimented me on, aside from Chanel No 5.

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

On my skin AP Maitresse is soft violet scent, which lasts over 7 hours. Dries down to a musky-iris base, no soapiness. I guess violets loves me, as I love them in perfumes:)

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Relatively strong floral perfume. It's more oriental than aldehydic. I guess this is due to ylang-ylang, suede and patchouli, which I detect in the heart of Maitresse. This oriental under-notes are strong enough to give a vanilla-powdery floral overall smell.
So, I would describe it like very feminine, gentle oriental floral with great longevity and good projection.

A while back, I read a very interesting article which revealed that ionones block human olfactory receptors. This is why so many violet-centric perfumes seem to have pathetically poor longevity. It's not that the ionones have disappeared; it's that we experience acute olfactory fatigue in their presence, and after the initial perception we no longer detect them at all. Many a review has denounced a violet perfume for its poor longevity, when in fact the fault lies only with human olfaction!

Agent Provocateur Maîtresse offers a perfect case in point. It opens up beautifully showcasing a strong violet-iris presence mingling with jasmine in a clear musky base. Within a couple of hours, I cannot even tell what perfume I put on! It would be very interesting to see if others smell it on me, and I suspect that they would, and for that reason I do believe that this perfume is worth acquiring, even though my own appreciation of it on myself is so shortlived.

One other strange feature of this perfume, to my nose, is the total lack of aldehydes which others do seem to perceive, and which are listed prominently in the note pyramid. I honestly smell no aldehydes in this composition whatsoever. It may be that my own nose has been handicapped by perfumes such as Chanel no 5, in which the aldehydes were massively overdosed (by mistake, but that was the formula selected by Gabrielle Chanel), with the result that only something like Amouage Gold or Dia or Estée Lauder White Linen--all of which feature a pitch of aldehydes on the order of that of Chanel no 5--will meet my aldehyde threshold. On ne sait jamais...

Anyway, I like this a lot. My memory of Agent Provocateur, the original perfume, has been tinged by colorful reviews crying "dirty underwear and rusty nails", but I never got quite so much out of it. To me, the namesake of this flanker was, however, very, very musky, and I'm an ambergris not so much a musk gal, so that one was never really for me. Maîtresse, in contrast, is right up my alley and going on my wish list. As if I needed another reason: who can resist the bottle????? The trucker mudflap lady on a shiny gold bulb? Bring it on!

Thank you pitbullfriend for sending me this sample!

Rux2589
Rux2589

I just tried this today and I think it's amazing, it really lives up to the positive reviews that it gets. Unfortunately, it stays so close to my skin that I can barely feel it. It seems to me that the poor sillage does not justify its high price.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is seamed stockings, satin bows, pearls, luscious lingerie, dark nails caressing down a back, secret tattoos.

It's naughty, but oh so nice.

They have a certain presence and charisma about them. The best in the Agent collection, by far.

Lucy Peach

I have the Maitresse Silk Stockings Leg Balm and it's gorgeous! When I put it on my skin feels unbelievably smooth and the smell is intoxicating. Very boudoir and seductive! White floral, ylang-ylang, amber and musk - it's a pretty heady mixture with good staying power.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

When I first opened up the box and sniffed the bottle, I thought to myself, "oh no.." because I thought I smelled the kind of aldehydes I don't care for. However, the fragrance has none of this characteristic on my skin. The aldehydes are subtle, more sparkling with a very slight clean soapiness than the heavy oiliness of the ones in Chanel No5. Most of what I get is a sweet, fresh, heady blend of florals (mostly lotus and ylang-ylang). A soft, sweet, pretty skin scent. Not outright in-your-face sexy, but more of an understated sensual scent that will have people wanting to get closer to get a taste. I get musk, suede, and light soapy aldehydes in the drydown, accompanied by the ylang-ylang, which hangs around. I definitely understand where people are getting "sexy librarian" from with this.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I don't get any aldehydes in this whatsoever - so first off that has surprised me, nor do I get any of the suede notes. What I do get though is lovely...violet, lotus, jasmine & ylang ylang in that order. Within no time at all, this becomes musky on my skin with the floral notes wafting in and out.

Sexy? No, not what I'd personally call sexy. But pretty, feminine, lovely, elegant? YES, definitely. This is a soft fragrance from start to finish on me and I'm really enjoying it, I can see really enjoying wearing this in the Warmer months :)

UPDATE: 4th Oct 2013 - This really is very beautiful. Now that it's warmer, the main note on me is the Lotus petals and I can actually detect the suede note now too. Still don't get any aldehydes from Maitresse, however it now has quite a powdery feel to it. It's not one I'll own again as these days I prefer my powerhouses, but it's definitely got charm. And you know what? Now that it's warmer and I get the suede note....this is actually pretty sexy!

dormir6
dormir6

This one is nice. Not too seductive but very feminine. Soft, generous lips, red lipstick, silk blouse, maybe pearls but not in an overly elegant way, like Chanel for example. It's a little bit bohem and very kind. Soft, soft feminity, mild curves, embraces, smiles...maitresse; not seduction, a shelter instead, a kind godess, who gives relaxing, invigorating, caring hours for her man. A goodhearted, soft speaking, tenderness of a woman.
Not a declaration of a man-eater, but someone who is waiting for her man, and spend the best of their days together.

On my skin this is just a very light powdery floral that I can barely detect. :0(

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smells nice...like a powdery vintage type boudoir perfume

Congeniality
Congeniality

soulflwr, because it is also powdery and musky, it is suitable for winter, too!

soulflwr

I can't for the life of me figure out why people want to wear this one in the winter. ??? To me this is very light, sparkly, violet-suede fragrance. Definitely a spring time event!

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

If I had to choose a strong, not-very-ladylike scent, this would definitely be the one. NOT for the faint of heart. Makes me think of a woman elegantly and soberly dressed in a grey pantsuit ... and wearing naughty, skimpy, bright red underwear underneath. I LOVE it!

Raina
Raina

Agent Provocateur fragrances seem to have a reputation for being controversially too mature or kinky sexy. Well, I suppose you could say they are that right side of wrong in that they are both.

MAITRESSE opens with a burst of florals and aldehydes, making it almost too much. It can be a little off putting, almost sickening, and I was set to scrub off what I thought would wind up being a scent that was far too mature to be marketed as something sexy, but then came the drydown.

Everything gentles and becomes soft, clean and subtly sweet. Aldehydes mingle with the suede, creating a softcore kink factor to this fragrance. Musk is not overwhelming at all, but its there to add a bit of 'oomph,' keeping the aldehydes from becoming sharp or unpleasant. It all comes together in a gentle and rather dreamy way that manages to pull off being sexy while straddling the line of feeling dated or old. A difficult thing to do indeed when florals, musk, and aldehydes are all invloved.

The scent is almost ladylike, which immediately makes me want to pair it with some naughty lingerie. Does that speak of my perversity or of the fragrance itself? I'll let you decide.

Sillage is enormous at first, though it does gentle over time, giving enough without overhelming. One spray is plenty enough. Longevity is fantastic, a single spray lasting me all day. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those houses that can best be appreciated during the drydown (much like Tom Ford.) That means application must happen well in advanced prior to leaving the house, unless you're a fan of the strong opening.

Perhaps it is marketing effecting my mental expirience with this fragance, but on all the occasions I've worn this I manage to find myself feeling... well, lets just say my boyfriend likes when I wear this and not necessarily for the scent itself.

All in all, I'm feeling very pleased with my first expirience with Agent Provocateur fragrance. I look foward to trying out more from this house.

shwetadwivedi
shwetadwivedi

I bought this scent hoping it to be really seductive and sexy as one would except from an AP line. The bottle is gorgeous and promises a lot. This scent however is is not for me.It feels like is screaming from attention with a sickly floral sweetness. The staying power is excellent and I think it stayed on ever after I washed my wrist..

Anyone wants to swap?

Stelala
Stelala

I don't know how to describe this one other than PERFECT! It's the sexy, powdery scent I've always been looking for. Not too sweet, just perfect and super sophisticated! It lasts forever on my skin, at least 12 hrs. However, I must spray it on at least an hour before I head out, because it's so strong.
I will definitely be buying a new bottle as soon as the old one runs out :)

judyk
judyk

It's just a sweet, pretty floral - nothing provocative here. :) It makes me think of a lighter version of Body Shop's Ananya.

Divine Blue
Divine Blue

initially it has a honey almondy sweetness but dries down into a soft suede golden flower and musk. For a confident modern woman who knows what she wants sexually and is nobody's toy. You will not smell like everybody else. You will smell waaaaay sexier.

minnt
minnt

I found this a nice enough fragrance - nothing was 'wrong', but nothing stood out either. Soft, floral, a little powdery... I'm not sure what's supposed to be 'sexy' about it; it's very sweet and appealing ('sweet' as in demeanor, not flavour). Not particularly long-lasting, and sillage is not huge. I don't really like it enough to make a point of wearing it often, but I don't dislike it enough to get rid of it! Mild dilemma. :p (At least it's only a 3ml decant, so no big investment lost.)

vloterbiegje
vloterbiegje

I acquired a sample of this scent because the description intrigued me and I usually like soft florals. Thank god for samples because I absolutely hate this fragrance. It smells very old fashioned to me, it has this sharp note which reminds me of cheap eau de cologne my mum used to have lying around twenty years ago. I left it on my skin for about half an hour, to see if it would develop into someting tolerable. It just got a bit less sharp but I still couldn't stand it so I washed it off. I don't find it girly, romantic or sexy at all. But I understand that an appreciation for a fragrance is something highly personal so I'll add this. I could detect the white musk (after a while), a smell I used to like but not so much anymore. It is blended with all these sharp notes, I suppose these are the aldehydes. I never really knew what aldehydes were supposed to smell like but since I don't like this nor Chanel No. 5, I'll conclude that they're not for me. Of all the flowers that are listed I only smelled the ones I don't usually like in a perfume: violet, iris, jasmin. I don't get the woodsy notes like patchouli, nor the ylang ylang, which is too bad because I love ylang ylang in incense or candles but have never found a perfume with that heavenly smell.
So what I'm actually saying is: try before you buy!

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

Danged if I know why this is supposed to be so sexy; on me it's a sweet, warm powdery floral, with all the usual suspects - rose, jasmine, iris, ylang ylang - on song and in perfect harmony. I love it just because it's so pleasing to me, rather than for any effect it may have on the man in my life (who would probably be more excited by a fragrance based on bacon anyway!)

There are some quite obscure notes in there - I think I can detect the osmanthus, I had one in a previous garden - but exactly what white lotus or white suede are supposed to smell like, I have no idea. It doesn't matter anyway - it's all about the sweet florals, a charming, girlish fragrance, quite casual, not trying too hard. Maybe that's why it's supposed to be so attractive!

The only downside for me is the tacky bottle, but I forgive the bottle for the sake of the perfume, which I rate among my all time top 5.

kateridelisle
kateridelisle

I always receive compliments when I wear this lovely perfume, its soft and very feminine.

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

Although this is not one of my favourites, I do love it! The best way to describe this is warm however suitable for all year round in my opinion. Very clean, eastern sort of scent, I love that I can recognise this one out of the crowd to! it's quite a versatile fragrance, good for all times of day I think. The only fault I find with it is I think the bottle is very tacky :/ and i'm not very fussy about bottles, it's the juice that counts in my eyes. I'd give this 8/10

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I smell more violets than any other note in this perfume. It's a very nice scent that is safe, powdery, a bit sweet and very charming indeed!

pansylady
pansylady

I debated about sampling this one in the summertime, but decided "what the heck" and went for it-

It is incredible!

The first blast of alcohol and aldehydes was a little startling, but in no time at all, Maitresse settled into a warm, lovely, and ultra-feminine rose with a touch of jasmine- and although this is a very warm day in western Pennsylvania, it is wearing just fine-

8 hours and going strong...

Definitely exceeding my expectations!

supermightygal
supermightygal

this is mostly flowery for me, yet it's still a nice smell. Not much sweetness though, just a soft flowery perfume. Some people associating this fragance as something sexual, but for me it's not. If I want a fragance that make me feel sexy, I'd go for something more powdery and heavy.

KateAnette
KateAnette

After a year of searching, and a lot of perfumes and euros later, i think i found my scent! Blind buy, based on great reviews, but i was very skeptic before trying it. I was expecting something "in your face sexy" and a somewhat overpowering fragrance.
Soft, subtle,a bit powdery, clean, yet with depth !! I can't detect patchouli (thank God), but i think it's the leather that gives this a very soft and smooth feeling. I don't feel that this is really sexy, it's too subtle and soft for that (i guess a sexy scent to me is an oriental with bigger sillage). Longevity is great (12 hours/ next shower), sillage is moderate when lightly sprayed, and i like it that way.
I don't believe in love at first sniff, but now it was! I have to explore this further, but i think i found what i've been looking for :)

EDIT:
I been wearing this for a couple of days now, and it truly is lovely.
Something about this makes it smell very clean. Not "fresh" in the sense that it would be green in any way. Maybe soapy is a better word. The powder in this reminds me of Tocade, so i get a lot of powder, but in a very soft and grown up way, not baby powder. I think the powder in this might make it feel "old ladyish" to those who are used to fruity fresh scents. To me it feels classy and grown up. (And come to think of it, heck, i am an old lady, 42 :D )
Staying power is good, i almost wish it had more sillage though, it's very subtle on me. The more i wear it, the more i like it!

Pet Ams
Pet Ams

First thought I had on this blind buy: Bluh ! Not for me. Later that day I smelled something yummie 'what a wonderfull scent. What or who is smelling soooo delicious??' I wondered... yes you guessed it, it was me or actually AP Maitresse. So not love at first smell but now I have days where I can not wait to cover myself in this delicious scent... I actually look forward to wearing it like a child looks forward towards xmas.

On me it smells soft warm flowery powdery. Not an in your face fume.
Discrete, delicious and I could wear it all year.
Gorgeous perfum in a lovely, simple, sexy bottle.

HelenFlowerz
HelenFlowerz

Sex:)

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

When first sprayed on my skin it is very heady and almost gag-inducing (and I usually love heady fragrances)! It calms rather quickly and on me, then it smells like a damp citronella candle! Also, it made my allergies go haywire! I'm allergic to citronella, so, I looked up the ingredients and in fact this fragrance does have citronella in it! So, sadly this is one I cannot wear.

Though, I can see how others could find it sexy. It does have a deep, smoky & rich base, but it's a very fleeting scent. On my skin it had totally disappeared in less than 30 minutes. I do love the sexy little bottle, but, not enough to repurchase.

allyendawn
allyendawn

Ok, I'm convinced, I just placed an order for a bottle :)

petravesna
petravesna

There is nothing loud or rude or sickly sweet in this fragrance. Soft, powdery yet with a hint of dark sweetness make this different from the other soft powdery fragrance. It feels the perfumer managed to pick up the feminime essence of a woman, slightly warm, gently sweet, powdery clean, soothing yet softly seductive, and bottled it. It is a fragrance for a woman who is confident in herself without shouting it to the world. The longevity is outstanding and I love the package.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Finally I not just like but looooove this one!
Feminine scent with soft powdery hues and creamy florals. Violets, roses, yland ylang, iris, osmanthus and soft musk combined to impress. Perfect:)!
Drydown's more of a soft floral. Lasts 5-6 hours.
On my: To buy list:)

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Agent Provocateur sells lingerie, very pretty and classy lingerie. I love their perfume bottles and will pick this one up soon! I can't wait to wear it. Just like with Vivienne Westwoods "Naughty Alice" & "Boudoir" (All pretty bottles too!) I expect to smell wicked? 'Dirty'? Flowery in a sensual way? It's always such an adventure to get really acquainted with a perfume! Of course that the bottle is pretty helps too. Oh, I said that already ; ) So, no, there is nothing wrong with initially being drawn to a perfume by the bottle, sometimes you really get what it looks like. : )

loesje234

Initially, I bought Maitresse for the bottle. At first, I thought it was a real winterscent, and tried it on and off during last winter. The aldehydes kept coming and nothing else. Just a little bit Gloria Vanderbilt...

But then! Yesterday was a very warm day for march and I gave it a try, with the risk of being overwhelmed :-) And eureka, there it was! Blooming! Aldehydes at first, but after an hour powdery flowers with musky undertones. A little mature, like the smell of a woman who has found her signature and the perfume lingers in all her clothes like it was there allways. A collegue mentioned it smelled warm and sunny.

Happy with my bottle again, this time I will use it!

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

My friends say it smells like a whorehouse. I've never been to one, so I don't know what to say :)

Maitresse opens with a blast of flowers, then settles into powder and after a while it's gone! In about 3 hours I can't smell anything at all.

ashyashy
ashyashy

blind buy for me too but im addicted to it already. Its a bit mild for night out, but if u reapply like 4 times every 2 hours within a smokey clubs, it smells even more sexier.

Nemosh
Nemosh

this was a blind buy for me.
and I loved it.
It reminds me of a evening walk in a flowergarden.

varnyte
varnyte

Pure seduction...

Singabera
Singabera

It's really feminine perfume, powdery and floral, big white floral.
It's not a sex in a bottle for me, like people mentioned here, it's rather confident, sober minded perfume, good for lot of occasions, from office meeting to the Saturday shopping...

bananafishbones
bananafishbones

This perfume has been a solid favourite of mine since its release.

Ive gone through testers, handbag sizes, 50 ml bottles - the lot; and I will continue to repurchase.

Theres something addictive about this perfume for me, it is very warm and rich but still undoubtedly feminine and graceful, a very slinky scent.

A must have for any woman who wants something seductive and memorable. Worth the price for sure.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I am having a love affair with Maitresse! I can't explain why because this is so not my type of perfume at all. I usually always go for gourmands but ever since I got this gold egg it has been love! The aldehydes are not overly powerful on me but the smokey powder is. I can faintly smell the original Agent Provocateur lurking in the background too. It lasts forever on me....up to 8hrs I got out of it. Very sexy and seductive!!!

Enchie
Enchie

FYI the perfumer behind this wonderful fragrance is Christian Provenzano. and he has done almost all the Agent Provocateur range..

Scarlett25
Scarlett25

Wow! Blind buy for me, based on the majority of reviews here. I love it! Gorgeous, grown up, sexy - in an elegant way. I smell florals and powder, but in a shimmering way (if that makes sense!) not in an old lady smell sort of way. Although there is nothing wrong with that, old ladies have the right to smell good too, shows they're still enjoying life i think and good on them!

My husband loves it, and said so right away. I usually have to cajole an opinion out of him regarding perfume. Everything is just "nice" to him usually (except JPG Classique, which is what i wore when we first met) but when i put this on, he couldn't stop smelling me. "That is lush, you smell beautiful, mmmm." Comments like that!

Anyway, i give it a strong 9/10. If you want to feel like a lady, this is a good scent to wear. Team with a wraparound dress and best lingerie and watch them fall at your feet! Can't wait to try the original and L'Agent now.

soulflwr

This smells more like a floral fruity to me. Maybe it's the aldehydes.

After smelling all of Agent Provocateurs fragrances (except L'Agent) I think they have them all missnamed.

In my opinion, the original AP name should have been given to Eau Emotionelle as it is more of a biting seductive fragrance. AP Maitresse should have been called Eau Emotionelle bc it's more of a feminine, girly, yet elegent fragrance; and the original AP should have beem called Maitresse bc to my nose...it's the most mature fragrance of all of them.

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

oooh lala. I call it the baby maker. nothing else is better than this perfume if you wanna seduce someone. It doesn´t say SEX it SCREAMS SEX! Love the bottle and like the fragrance. it´s very special and seductive. Nice job.

nannaje
nannaje

Oooh, a really pleasant online blind-buy for me! A surprisingly well-formulated and sensual scent! Sexy - yeah! Nasty and dark - no ;) Lasting power is weak though! 3 hours on me.

ordai
ordai

This one is perfect for sex, just perfect.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I like this very much and I love the way it sits on my skin - I seem to get all the notes and it stays very well. I bought the shimmering edition as it was on special offer but will now buy the non-shiney one to wear on the areas where I don't want to look like C3PO!!!!

I do find this very sexy and I think that is the Ylang Ylang (I once did a test with neat ylang ylang essential oil to see if the lore of it being deeply attractive to men was true!!! Well, I got chased around my desk my a candidate who would not leave me alone!!! And then followed by some stranger who insisted on me telling him every landmark in London and would I take him there as well - thankfully I had a bus to catch home!) but I digress, so I will blame the ylang ylang for the sexiness of this perfume. I also get the violet, a gentle musk, the rose, the osmanthus, the jasmine - and they seem to be so skilfully blended.

Maitresse definitely reminds me of it's name. This is definitely an evening scent for me even though it seems so simple it is also so alluring! I bought my original AP on a plane back from Cairo and I think I will revisit that perfume again as well.

c3c
c3c

I'm not going to go into an in depth review of notes for this one but I will say, I don't see where all of the "dirty sex talk" comes into play for this scent. Aside from the appearance of the bottle that is.

It's a nice lightly floral fragrance with a "dirty" feel, but by "dirty" I mean dirt here. Not people. It makes me think of a desert road, a microscopic town, and dust that lightly chokes the air leaving a fine layer on all. Arizona mountains and a failing sun with orange, pink and blue in the sky.

To me Maitresse is not sexy at all. Not anymore than Desnuda or Tresor are, which share the "dirty" feel. I like this type of scent when I'm in the mood to feel earthy and grounded. They are pretty yet serious. Sex in the bottle? Not for me, and definitely not for my husband who thinks sex in a bottle is a fruity floral thing. I suppose it's all in the way you view things.

Blessed
Blessed

WARNING: You could turn into TNT by using this fragrance

Please name any sexier then this perfume ?
i would recommended not to use this fragrance with no reason and in any time, this is a mission perfume use it when you need it to get to your target and blow his mind

Rate 9/10

angelsai
angelsai

A gorgeous, sexy perfume! Perfect for the evening with it's alluring musky, sweet, white floral scent. Every time I wear it, people ask me what perfume I'm wearing!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I smelled this one for the first time today. I saw it in the shop and I loved the name. The smell is actually really nice but it's not 'wow'. I expected a very sexy and mysterious smell, which this scent's not. But it's a very nice perfume.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a very nice powdery fragrance, good for intimate moments. It's all about the violets to me and then a really nice suede note in the dry down. This is a soft floral aldehyde, along the lines of Chanel No.5
Edit: The more I smell that white suede note at the base the more I love it. And I'm a vegetarian.... :S

I'm wearing this one on one wrist and on the other I'm testing D&G classic (red cap). After 1 hour these two scents are very similar to each other on me. They are lovely! Mature and supersexy. I feel like a special woman. This one is just a little bit softer than D&G, but just a little bit. Great lasting power (for both perfume's). At the topnote they are not similar, but later they are.

Jag bär denna på ena handleden och D&G gabbana classic på den andra. Efter 1 timme är dom otroligt lika varann i doftnoterna. Denna är kanske något lite mjukare. För den vuxna kvinnan. Jag känner mig sexig och speciell i båda dessa dofterna. De sitter otroligt bra på huden måste jag säga.
De är helt olika i toppnoten men efter 1 timme tycker jag dom är väldigt lika i doftnoterna.

atiet97
atiet97

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my nose or I'm just simply not destined to love at least one of the two AP’s perfume I’ve tested. Similar to the original AP, this one knocks you off as hell because of the aldehyde notes! Maybe it’s their signature being the Provocative Agent, to be forward and daring!

Contained in a golden bottle in the same shape of bomb as any other AP’s bottles, Maitresse is definitely a mature perfume, only for adults. Judging from the advertorial concept, at least this one finally matched the image they want to convey. Sexy, seductive and bitchy.

Although the juice comprised of interesting notes like white lotus petals, white ylang ylang, violet leaves, jasmine, rose, iris, amber, patchouly and white suede, as an amateur, all I can say it’s a bit oriental, exotic, may also be erotic for some people but not for me. Maitresse is waaay too offensive for my character. For those who want to lure your partner to bed, this might be the secret weapon for you, minus the lingerie of course…. ☺

takeasniff
takeasniff

This is how you ease into wearing Agent Provocateur. If you are not ready for that one yet try Maitress. Once you get used to it then try Provocateur. I find Provocateur very strong and really an acquired taste. Once you like it there is no turning back. I like Maitress as well it is much more delicate and powdery but not boring baby powder smell. There are the florals which are light but the powder deepens the perfume. I agree it is a little similar to flower bomb and not as sweet. It doesn't last very well on me I have to keep re spraying it. I also wondered if it was a limited edition if anyone knows? All I can smell is the jasmine which makes it similar to Ralph Lauren for me. Obviously on others that may not happen at all. It is one you must test to make sure you like it and it changes a lot from when you first spray it to the dry down.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

The bottle is stunning, the scent is lovely but not groundbreaking. Basically a powdery suede with indefinite flowery notes, some rose petals and some woods, everything soften up in a cuddly manner. I like the Eau emotionnelle better. Lasting power is very good on me, silage is decent too. The only disappointment comes from high expectations, because I was hoping for a head turner and this one isn't. Very feminine, voluptuous, will suit just about any occasion. But then again, it should have been a diva perfume, looking at the bottle! Beautiful nevertheless, in a motherly way.
Edit: the scent becomes better after 1 hour or so... calm, elegant, classic - in a way, "chanel-ish". Now it gets some character, and seems to go more towards the little black dress rather than blue jeans and t-shirts.

Louw
Louw

I tried this recently after being a big fan of Agent Provocateur for years, and had high hopes of it. I was a little disappointed - it's nice but nothing special. Very plain and floral with nothing particularly distinctive about it, when I'd expected something more forceful with a bit of an edge to it.

I do like it but it's not destined to become a favourite.

I have to say, though, that AP would be hard pressed to improve on the original AP fragrance, which I adore,so perhaps my expectations were just way too high on this one! ;-)

taytumriley
taytumriley

i absolutely love the smell of this, but despite it being an edp, it does not last long at all. i feel like it fades within the hour. i didn't buy it for this reason, but still love to spray it when i see it at a perfume counter.

loesje234

Yes, it starts a little bit like Gloria Vanderbilt, but settles with soft flowers and vanilla.
Not sexy to me, it was a blind buy because I had to have the bottle which is really nice! I am going to wear it as an everyday scent, for me nice enough but not groundbraking. The bottle would suite Narciso Rodriguez For her perfectly!

treenhe
treenhe

another duff blind buy (i really should learn by now). it seemed very accrid and bitter at first and then just 'perfumey'...you know, that generic perfume smell. whereas people here have said it is sexy, i just found it sex-less. it made me think of the eighties. i think it must have been the ylang ylang. i gave it to a friend who loved it although to me, it smelled more or less the same on her (the 80s, not accrid and bitter).

krissycat
krissycat

To me this smells like a more subdued version of Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle. I don't own the original Agent Provacative so I can't compare to that one. I remember reviewing Emotionelle I mentioned how my fiance smelled a wiff of that one and got an instant allery attack. He smelled this version on me today and told me I smelled pretty good, a little bit alcoholy but not so bad. My mom on the other hand smelled me today and instantly wanted to spray some on herself too... she loved it. I like this one more then Emotionelle and I'm still very interested in smelling Strip and the original. I'm finding I really like this series of perfumes.. very original, very different, very sexy I think

Liina
Liina

Maitresse is an attractive scent with just about the right amount of sexiness. It's not too sexy which would make it too deep for me. Maitresse gets deeper as it developes but as it's not woodsy like the signature Agent Provocateur it's not so heavy and could be worn during the daytime, but only with the right attitude.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Incredible! Sexy, cute and vibrant, the balance of white lotus, rose and ylang ylang is heady and I always get compliments when wearing this.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Despite the sexy lady on the packaging, this fragrance turns out all-things masculine on me. Saying that, it's kind of a second-grade masculine.
The notes in this one seem a bit incompatible and loud together. At some point Maitresse is reminiscent of the bathroom freshener...
Later, it actually gets a bit better and even wearable, but still gives me a headache.
The bottle is actually cool, the notes were promising - but reality was not what I had expected. Maybe, to someone else's nose it would be totally different experience, but clearly it's not my cup of tea.

efm
efm

I have the EDP.
The lotus flower dominates as the perfume settles. Not a note I would normally seek out but it works here. Could be the basis of the honey suede warmth and vegetative note ? I don't get smokiness but I agree it is rich and quite heavy.

I don't get the kick/gasp volatility of a big aldehyde.
This is FlowerBomb for big girls, with out the overpowering sweetness.

I should disclose that the original Agent Prov. is my every day wear so read my review in that light.

I intend to purchase a back up bottle of Maitresse as it seems anything remotely interesting gets discontinued.

Patribella
Patribella

Smells like Tuesday night Bingo. Aqua net, cigarettes, dust and cheap plastic cups filled with whiskey high balls, waxy red lipstick stains on the brim.

As soon as I sprayed this, I immediately remembered my Grandmother's signature perfume "Gloria Vanderbuit" -- Maitresse smells just like it, but even more so pungently concentrated & gaggingly thick. Needless to say, I gave it to my 76 year old Grandmother & she loved it. So, at least something good came out of the purchase.

tsofa

This is my second review for this insatiable fragrance, and must admit to myself that I am a liar (LOL), as on my first review I mentioned that I will stop using it as per its power of attraction…

My bottle is about to finish, and honestly I intend to stock up with new ones so it won’t be missing from my collection. All those years of collecting perfumes, I thought that I was not going into that procedure, but after all I am deeply attached to Maitresse. Plus, it has become my signature scent.

For me, Maitresse is my perfume overdose, a magnificent concoction of floral mixed with aldehyde notes, gentle and soft, desirable and flirtatious at the same time. I have got the whole collection line of Maitresse, including the Golden Shimmering limited edition bottle, which I use on very special occasions.

My fiancé’s opinion is that of all the perfumes I possess, this one suits me the best and apart of that, I still receive a lot of compliments and from women too…

In the years to come, I believe that my perfume collection may grow bigger and bigger, but if I had to give it up and just choose two perfumes, that would be Maitresse along with another one of my favorites, Caresse from Fragonard. Fragrances will come and go, but only those two have a special and permanent place in my wardrobe.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

An alluring velvety floral. Guaranteed to attract. Warm, soft, sexy.

Pierina
Pierina

I bought it as a backup to my shrinking bottle of Attraction, I wore it once and decided it was offensive and much like a bottle of Attraction I had which went off. I Gave it away.
Nice packaging.

shoreshells
shoreshells

As usual, I tested this fragrance while trying on other fragrances. My nose was overloaded,but I purchased this fragrance anyway. I was about to give it away; I'm so glad I tried it again, alone.
Beguiling ... intriguing ... provacative ......

floof
floof

Okay, so the bottle was why I got this fragrance, it is spectacular and gorgeous to look at. I had never smelled it before purchasing, but the notes of violet, ylang ylang, rose and amber had me sold before I even smelled it. Not a sexy fragrance like the bottle suggests, but a very likable and pretty one that males respond to very positively (along with the bottle its self). I love this fragrance and find myself liking it more and more each time I try it on myself or my sheets! Thank you amazon for selling this at such a reasonable price, no regrets on this blind buy- it is perfect! The juice is not as seductive as the bottle, but it is very lovely and wearable. I don't think of it as a femme fatal and I think it could easily go noticed or unnoticed depending on who smells it, but chemistry is a strange mistress so I am not convinced my experience with it is everyones by any means.

NNN
NNN

I'm not fond of strong, femme fatale fragrances, but I really like Maitresse.
This is a very floral fragrance, you will be noticed wearing Maitresse. If you're shy, don't wear it!
Great longevity, perfect for colder weather and, of course, special ocasions.
It was a blind buy, and I don't regret it. It's not my favorite, but is a good perfume.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

OH, MAMMA MIA!!! After long searches I found what I have been looking for. I am in love with Maitresse.
I cannot remember the last time I felt so enthusiastic about a perfume.
It is attractive, ladylike, intriguing, comforting, startling and no trace of vulgarity here, just soooo wonderfully feminine. I wish I could dive in it and never come out again!lol...
After my negative experience with their first AP, I was so scared to spray this one on me. I got rewarded and wanting to make it my signature fragrance!! ;-))
Oh Maitresse, Maitresse, where have you been? I'm so happy I found you!xx

lilou
lilou

Wow ! Maitresse is one of my favorite perfumes. Warm, seductive and a bit spicy : a lot of people ask me what I'm wearing and I tell "it's a secret" because I don't want them to get the same perfume as me : I want to keep it for myself...Excellent, for women who want to get self-confidence.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

It's quite likeable to my nose, but too h.o.t. and overwhelming to wear! :-)

Mugette
Mugette

I dont know what i was thinking but i just purchased it on internet without having any idea how it smells.And it turns out to be everything i hate.It smells like black pepper to me.The kind that makes you sneeze.Very strong.I was pretty disappointed since it was on the expensive side.But the thing is my mom loves it! It's kind of a precious parfume still for me because it just looks very chic so i don't let her take it away from me:)But every morning i open my eyes and find my mom putting my parfume back silently into place.So she really like it.It was just not for me.Aphrodisiac effect was one of the incentives to buy it for sure.But i have no idea,if it's working.I really can't wear it even just for a day.

Pasionaria
Pasionaria

another of my favourite fragrance,gourgeous, intense, charming, elegant!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Maitresse arrived now in the post and I must say I'm tremendously dissapointed. I didnt liked the first Agent Provocateur but I couldnt resist to this golden and red bombshell.
On my skin Maitresse is really chic, really floral and powdery, this seems good but is not. Maitresse smells like any other expensive brand perfume used to smell in the 80'. There is nothing unique about it, nothing that make me think I'm sexy or more special than everybody else in a party.
This perfume is almost cocky and extremly superficial. I was expecting something more "deep" from Agent Provocateur than this.
From the top notes to the dry down Maitresse is your typical sexy secretary perfume, but not in an exciting way. If I could resume Maitresse in a word it would be: predictable.
I'm hugily dissapointed.

Sillage: Good
Lasting Power: Lasts all day

melia
melia

I've never expected for it to start out so fresh! A fresh gardenia (not listed in the notes) like in ellenisia. I have found it quite elegant actually! It is not very strong in my opinion, and it fades down quickly in this SLIGHTLY more powdery drydown. A bit musky too. I could imagine some people would call it a musky sexy skinscent. It's so close to the skin.. But that's a good thing right, when trying to be seductive and sexy..?

guest_moi
guest_moi

Understated musky floral. Not the kind of sexiness that screams in your face, but more of a sensual purr that lures you in. ;) To be honest the scent doesn't smell much at first, but it keeps growing and developing and it lasts all day on me. Prefer this over the original.

misscareyann
misscareyann

The violet opening is beautiful, and got my hopes up for the rest of the Maitresse experience.
Very floral at first, then settles into a very fresh powder. The flowers have pretty much disappeared and all that remains is clean, aldehyde powder.
Pleasant, but not for me.
I prefer the dirty original Agent Provocateur.

Aliceinwonderland
Aliceinwonderland

For me Maitresse is a very grown-up and "perfum-y" perfume. What I mean is to me it smells like *A Perfume*. I rather liked it, it is feminine and sexy. However, since I didn't notice me having more success with men than usually while wearing it :-))))), I'm not sure that I need it in my small collection. It is quite simple, I think. But it's not bad, no. I would gladly wear it, if I got it as a present, but wouldn't buy it myself.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

My Maitresse has just arrived a few minutes ago. I was really excited to try it, this is my first (but surely not last) bottle from the Agent line.

First impressions are rather good indeed, i have to say this is a real grown up scent in a good way. A few minutes after applying i can instantly pick out the rose, its very strong.
This is elegant and strong on my skin, yet sexy in the same time but not dirty! Very floral. This is the kind of scent that you would like to smell on your clothes for days... Grown up, yet sexy, but not loud.

Love it!

PS. Longevity & sillage : not the best - 3-4 hours on me.

La Moon
La Moon

I wouldn't say this scent is real sexy and intimate but it is different. There is something intriguing and yes fascinating about it. Males will notice it too. They won't be able to put their finger on it either it confuses them! I've been told by both girls and guys that it smells different from different angles and times and it always smells good! When I spray this on I feel confident, dominant and sexy! It's prob because if the bottle as well. Lol. It opens soft floral get a slight teeny bit of patchouli and it settles so musky and clean on your skin.. Something makes it smell a bit vintage but it's all it's own. Ugh! I love it!!

sjstewart
sjstewart

I'd been looking for an updated floral aldehyde with characteristics similar to a signature fragrance I've been using since 1980. A scent that would make me feel sexy and confident. One that would turn male heads, as the earlier signature has done for decades, and curiously, continues to do. Not yet sure about turning male heads, but APM definitely makes me feel confident and sexy, which is enough for me. Not super-long-lasting, but I applied sparingly this morning unsure of its actual power. Wow.

scentous
scentous

rose, iris and aldehydes..powdery smoky dry down, chanel 5 with the rose element, loud at first but smoothens in the dry down..longevity is good..definitely a different one, can be signature scent..name does not suit the scent though, since this is an elegant and feminine perfume not dirty sexy as the name "maitresse" reminds me of..liked the bottle design :)

adrienn99
adrienn99

just one thing to add to the below reviews. I equally loved it and found it very delicate and feminine. However there is nothing special about the drydown as rest is soon gone. Nice to have it on my shelf but not going to be my fav.

nefema
nefema

I have received a decant from a friend and maitresse is simply lovely !! sexy , delicate and extremely feminine . the musk on it is so pleasant ! I became a Fan , surely . The bottle is also nice and charming ! as soon as my decant finishes I will buy one . Maitresse is in my favs list .

glawarien
glawarien

I love this perfume. It's very difficult for me to find a perfume to fit me, most are too fruity and flowery and just too strong for my skintone (the darker one is, the heavier the perfume one can wear). It soft, sexy, slightly powdery, very feminine. Slightly musky, long lasting but discreet. Sometimes I wish to try something new but I just can't find another perfume good enough to replace Maitresse. It's as if it was custom-made!

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

I have never had such a foul experience with a perfume. I really wanted to love this one. It literally made my stomach turn when I caught whiffs of it during the day and I only applied a squirt. Ugh, I am sorry but this was strangely nauseating and like everyone else has said "elderly" and not in a good way.

sasadeen
sasadeen

I tried it so many times and I found that it's not a sexy scent as the bottle represents to me.

It's a soft powdery floral perfume, I spray it like 5-6 sprays but my boyfriend say he doesn't smell anything. Shame on me but actually it's good because I don't smell leather at all (I hate leather notes).

Blimunda
Blimunda

This one causes so much contradictions within me...

First impression was very fresh and energetic scent, unusual and dominant. Then I walked out the perfume shop and smelled some retro notes swirling around me which pretty upset me. I was scared to find out that this one won't be my new signature... Then I sniffed my wrist and felt so gentle and feminine touch of rose silk that I couldn't believe that was the same perfume...

The most dominant notes in this one are violet, jasmine, patchouli and musk. It's quite warm and lovable, bitchy and dominant. One of the rare ones which name suits its character.

It's absolutely worth trying, if not buying as well :) Unique, controversial, maybe a bit misunderstood and far away from mass popularity!

lopezannie
lopezannie

Every time I wear this scent people stop me! They say… mmm you smell so good! Sexy, powerful and elegant! Excellent for the professional woman who likes to be seen sexy yet sophisticated.

mmizy
mmizy

I wouldnt call this scent sexy. Its powdery white floral musk. Its a little overpowering at first but then softens. Its sophisticated and clean scent. Its smells like a woman who bathed in a mix of soap and white rose petals. And now that i look at the notes I can make out the suede note. Its how i imagined the new chloe parfum would smell like. Its for a woman that if confident in herself and doesnt have to bombard people with sweet sugary notes.

panda0410
panda0410

Wow to the advertising powers that be... in any other bottle maitresse would be an almost classic romantic rose based aldehydic floral with zero sex appeal, and this is really nothing special.
I love this perfume for what it is though, the violet notes in the top are beautiful, but they fade incredibly quickly and that was hugely disappointing to me. The heart is a floral, comprised mostly of rose, you do get some of the whiter jasmin in there, and aldehydic composition. The base is musk, some amber there and a tad patchouli - very predictable and also very safe.

aromaminx
aromaminx

WHITE HOT SEXY if under 25 walk right past the bottles on the shelf.if over this age wear as a Seductive Tool' similar to wearing the lingerie this company makes.LOL

agentlolisa
agentlolisa

This is SEXAY.
GLAMOUR.
I think young girls like me CAN wear this if they act quite mature and poised.
Dark hair, porcelain skin and red lips!
Bombshell.

denmaz
denmaz

very bold rose smell. is it seductive? i guess yes. definately not for teenager. this is for mature women.

Dark Curls

I got my mini bottle today. It smells really good! At first my fiance said it smelled like "old ladies", but a bit later and he says he likes it more than the dk be delicious night I also tested. it does not seem to last long but I like it!! I can smell a smoldering, smokey, sexy undertone to a nice floral smell. I may get a full size bottle soon!

finduillas
finduillas

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!
the best parfume forever
bottled sex, as pimpnazt mentioned, it is working perfectly with my skin.
Simply, but sooo beautiful!

LAMANDA255
LAMANDA255

the beginning is horrible..reminding me of a 70 year old womand..then after about 30 minutes it smells like sex in a bottle!..omg..sexy,warm and mysterious!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I absolutely love Maitresse. I first smelled it in a perfume shop after sniffing my way around all the perfumes there and, amongst all the other designer perfumes, Maitresse was the only one which stood out to me and which I kept coming back to. It's a warm, sensual, floral, very feminine perfume and it smells expensive! The bottle is lovely and quite tactile. Contrary to what some other reviewers have said, on me it has great staying power and lasts for hours. It's one of the best 'mainstream' perfumes I've smelled in recent years, along with Carolina Herrera's 212 Sexy, and I adore it.

jellybeantree

This perfume is actually perfect on me, I sprayed it this morning at 8 a.m. and at 10 p.m. I can still smell it. Light flowery, exotic ,beautiful! Honestly, I don't know why I chase after other perfumes , when I got a perfect one on my skin! Hahahaha!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is not a love potion type of scent by any means-but it is harmonious, and floral without being too scratchy. I can rarely tolerate patchouli, but I don't really smell it here, although I can smell how it melds with the fragrance as a whole-if that makes any sense.My skin eats the scent up pretty quickly, so I would reapply it several times if I want it to be noticed. I could never use a full bottle of this, but I could definitely make use of it.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I don't find this one any special. Nice pleasant, romantic, but not sexy or seductive as it claims to be. The staying power is also not very good. It's a shame, cause the bottle is really tempting to place on a night stand.

Jasper
Jasper

I expect Maitresse to be more seductive than this, but well, it sensual enough to be worn on that special occasion. Osmanthus, jasmine and ylang-ylang at the beginning. Then it was like some honey was added later on. Quite lovely if you forget the rather heavy opening. The dry down was creamy-sweet and comforting on my skin.

jellybeantree

Oh I just can't get enough of this sexy perfume, it is so intreguing and seductive on my skin that no man can resist it! I get a lot of compliments! The ultimate pleasure this one! Try it and get ready to be seductive without even trying! It comes from the beautiful gold bottle. It's so naughty and nice at the same time!

mhulton
mhulton

This is a subtle, endearing fragrance which is uplifting and enticing. Its layers unravel after the perfume is left on the skin for several hours after. It is unique, demure and attracts comments from the opposite sex, who cannot help themselves when the olfactory invaision begins.

jellybeantree

I just got my first bottle, it is very flowery and close to the skin, I can smell it on me all day! But no one has noticed it on me yet. I haven't tried the other AP fragrances but I will! Maitresse is sexy to me because the florals really wrap around me and caress my skin! I like it more and more and notice I have been reaching for it everyday since I got it! Just wish someone else would notice it, I guess they will have to get closer to me. Ha ha ha

mudpach
mudpach

I had a bottle of AP Maitresse. At first time, I loved (spice and floral mix), but later the aldehydes notes came stonger.

SandraS
SandraS

Totally agree with Mellyhelly on the asian lady image this scent evokes. A gueisha in a long ritual of grooming herself to the perfect definition of a woman made solely to please a man.. the costumer. Gueishas are highly regarded professionals and all their gestures are studied to present an image of feminine demure. This scent would be the last step of the ritual, the finishing touch to her grooming. Not overtly sexy but coy... in a manner than can be deceptively simple... slowly envolving those close in a scented web. The flower notes attest the simple floral scent turned into an aphrodisiac by the suede, amber and patchouli notes.

I'm still not sure if I like it or not... but it has great quality and sylage and lasts long on my skin.

If AP was a loud Western sophisticated aggressive sexy lady (to say so...) Maitresse is more of a gentle exotical sexy lady in a Asian tea house!
This scent is totally opposite of AP, yet they share a quality of sexual imagery... Is it just a matter of bottle and ads? What do they put in these scents? They conjure up visions of different atmoshere.
Maitresse smells white floral, fresh and crisp for the first 5 minutes. Aldehydes are tamed and soft, thanks God! Lotus flower is very prominent and so lovely! I see a small lolus pond outside the tea house...
Apart from that this is not such an original fragrance. It's well made for sure. I smell a little spice and a vague musky drydown.
It seems to me like an upscaled version of Revlon Xi Xiang!
All in all nice scent to wear. I still need to understand if it's a real man-magnet :-)

tsofa

I was in love with this perfume. Now that it has finished i‘m taking myself two years back when i tried it for the first time. I was so pleased with my purchase and i had got many compliments too (way to many!!! Lol).

First of all i was, and still am, crazy with aldehydes. Mixed with rose and jasmine it was extremely pleasant to my nose. The top notes were lovely (the ylang flower got me crazy from the first sniff) and the dry down... I was so happy that there was no sandalwood used in it!

Long lasting, I was feeling very confident, very passionate, it gave me sex-appeal, and generally it works very well when you want to have a date with the man you like!!! Now that I met him, I feel gratitude towards the perfume but I have to stop using it because it still attracts people and I don’t want to break up with him!!!

So I salute Maitresse and I hope this fragrance works for you too ladies as it worked for me!!!

Literally…

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried this one a few days ago and well I think that the bottle is lovley. The scent however is sure nice,soft floral and delicate but it dosen't seem to last long at all =/. Besides I have kind of out grown the whole soft-floral-delicate scented fragrance period of my life.

randik
randik

I love the original AP and AP Strip, so I was dying to try this on - I really wanted to like it. Well, was I ever disappointed! It was like spraying insect repellent on my wrist. Sour,bitter and rancid. Fortunately it faded away after an hour, but I still cannot get my head around the HUGE difference in the way I react to this one compared to the sister scents. It's kind of fascinating how so many people find this perfume sexy:) Must be my body chemistry ...

susieqrj
susieqrj

Plain and sweet floral. It´s nice but not inovative (like I had smelled that before). It´s not sexy: to me it´s a romantic smell, almost innocent, good for a first date.

Initially attracted to the sexy bottle, my expectations for this fragrance were extremely high. I am a lover of white florals yet a hater of aldehydes, so I knew that my opinions regarding this fragrance would be mixed.

Maitresse begins with a soft and powdery white floral blend. At this point I was glad that the aldehydes were not too prominent, yet disappointed that this fragrance didn't have enough power to intrigue me. Unfortunately Maitresse didn't have the strength of Agent Provocateur. To my nose it was a subtle, musky and soapy scent.

For some people this fragrance may be sexy, but for me, my definition of sexy is very different. If I had to describe Maitresse, I would say it is more romantic. Because it is so light, this fragrance would make a perfect daytime or office scent.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I agree with most reviewers here, this is what sexy smells like! It is soft and musky, I get a powdery flowery, not baby powder but soft with some musky undertones intertwining. I imagine a woman getting ready for her lover wearing this, pulling on her stockings while snapping the garter onto her corset. Very sexy, very appealing, feminine and different.
-------------
I have had this perfume on for 6 hours and I can still smell the powdery iris and musk scent, it is subtle but still feminine and distinct. I love this!!

lillybee
lillybee

Very well - worked blend, discreet but sensual.
A sensual, sexy fragrance in line with the Agent Provocateur image. Maitresse is definitely not a sugary sexbomb type of perfume at this point, though it does send the subtle message that there's more to come what it seems to be at first. Most and foremost it is a blend of sensual white flowers. The heart notes are very sexy and powerful on the senses, a real head-turner, and at the same time soft and creamy, delicately mellow and velvety smooth, it practically melts onto the skin! It conjures up images of fluffy white cashmere that caresses a woman's body. Feminine and light, yet powerful floral mixed with the sexiness of delicately 'animalistic' musk.

I can start smelling the base notes after 3 - 4 hours and this is where the composition shifts to a type of aldehyde reminiscent of Chanel 5. I am not too keen on synthetic ingredients as my nose tends to pick them up as artificial and empty, and I normally stay clear of aldehydic perfumes. However Maitress stays mainly floral with a slightly spicy edge that makes the scent a tad naughtier, in a good sense! It's now richer and has a warm, sultry edge. After 6 hours the dry down turns into an ever so light soapy and floral finish, with musk and amber continuing to set the bedroom scene... it's definitely suited for love and more... I leave it to your imagination!
Maitresse has exceeded all my expectations I had towards the look and feel of the bottle and the name. In fact the blend isn't groundbreaking - in a way it is a very well-worked modern interpretation of the classic floral aldehydes spiced with that 'je ne sais pas quoi' - which is in fact a new or reworked aldehydic chemical patented and developed by Agent Provocateur - that makes Maitresse a definite olfactory pleasure.

arianperfume
arianperfume

Wow, wow and wow!!!! I cannot believe how good this smells on skin. Lushious creamy flowers. To me is a very comforting smell, this is a scent for a real woman, a wife that acts like a maitresse in her bedroom with her husband:)Try it on the skin, the cartoon does not make it justice.
I love it.

Stefan
Stefan

I bought a sample of this, so I have yet to smell it on any female. So until then, it smells somewhat generic

Eregeneia Health & Beauty
Eregeneia Health & Beauty

This is such a seductive fragrance for a passionate encounter, best for first dates. A favorite for many people!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This fragrance is sexy, interesting and intriguing. First two hours it smelled like fresh florals, but not sweet. Then it turned to smell somewhat heavy. I like this kind of scent. It's not alike others.

gyftedgrammy
gyftedgrammy

The scent smells like a nice soap. It's soft enough for daily use but has to be applied every 3-4 hrs. The drydown has a touch of floral. I've read many reviews stating it smells expensive, but I don't know what that smells like!It doesn't agree with my skin (gets a little musty) so I apply it on my clothing. You have to sniff it yourself, as it's difficult to describe.

dona
dona

Beautiful everyday parfum
At first I didn't like it, but now I feel very well wearing it. But I don't feel myself as a maitresse :)

guest_Kittycat
guest_Kittycat

This perfume is lovely. It is floral but not overpoweringly so, and it smells fresh and sexy. It also smells very expensive! I haven't bought a bottle yet and have only tested it in a department store but I loved it immediately and am soon going to get myself a bottle! Highly recommended.

Migotka
Migotka

The kind of perfume I like. A scent of hidden passions coming to the surface.
At first it seems it's going to be very strong, but after a while it becomes more delicate. For some reason it reminds me of Cachare's Noa, but is not as subtle (which I consider an advantage). I love the suede undertones here... They add something unique to this fragrance.

Nuppu
Nuppu

I like this one, it's sexy in stylish and almost modest way (the bottle is much more rancier and hotter than the scent itself). White floral that coud be use anywhere, light and not overpowering. Doesn't last long, only couple of hours.

klee0206
klee0206

I find it lovely! Warm, delicate and sexy. It goes the distance for me as well.

Jillian
Jillian

Not a fan. I also wanted to love this -and tried to sample many many times. It was almost suffocating and, I must agree with takemyhusband, almost sickening (you nailed it on the head with the damp Citronella candle). Had no stamina on the skin to boot.

i wear thsi one and I have to say it has sexy effects on most men

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

This is an Aldehydic floral. Let me start by saying that I wanted to love this! In fact I tried to love it & sampled it many, many times! When first sprayed on my skin it is very heady and almost gag-inducing (and I usually love heady fragrances)! It calms rather quickly and on me, it smells like a damp citronella candle! Also, it made my allergies go haywire! I'm allergic to citronella, so, I looked up the ingredients and in fact this fragrance does have citronella in it! So, sadly this is one I cannot wear. Tho, I can see how others could find it sexy. It does have a deep, smoky & rich base, but it's a very fleeting scent. On my skin it had totally disappeared in less than 30 minutes. I do love the sexy little bottle, but, not enough to repurchase!

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

This is definitely a sexy fragrance. Very warm. It's a white floral musk. It is absolutely bottled sex. The lasting power is excellent, as well.

2007

Agent Provocateur Maitresse by Agent Provocateur 3.78 out of 5 based on 1032 ratings and 183 user reviews

Sample
Agent Provocateur Maitresse by Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum Spray Vial for Women
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau Provocateur eau de toilette for women 1.7 oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau Provocateur eau de toilette for women 1.7 oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse eau de parfum for women 1.7 oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse eau de parfum for women 1.7 oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Perfume by Agent Provocateur, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Agent Provocateur Maitresse eau de parfum for women 3.3 oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse eau de parfum for women 3.3 oz
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau Provocateur Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau Provocateur Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz Luxurious Body Eixir 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Agent Provocateur Maitresse by Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum Spray 3.3 oz for Women
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Agent Provocateur Maitresse Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Agent Provocateur Agent Provocateur Maitresse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Agent Provocateur Agent Provocateur Maitresse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Agent Provocateur Maitresse by Agent Provocateur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Agent Provocateur Maitresse by Agent Provocateur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.