Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 878 I had it: 191 I want it: 729 My signature: 15

smoky
L'Agent Agent Provocateur for women Pictures

L'Agent is seductive and sensual as all the previous editions are, but noticeably darker, more powerful and more mysterious. L'Agent is a provocative fragrance for women of strong character, a smell that hypnotizes your senses with its magical notes of Orient flowers, warm amber and sensual and erotic musk.

Top opening bursts with pink pepper, davana oil, rosewood, ylang-ylang and angelica. Amazingly powerful and tempting heart blends floral notes of Bourbon geranium, May rose, Sambac jasmine, tuberose and osmanthus. The base includes the darkest and most enigmatic ingredients of patchouli, sandalwood, amber crystals, tonka bean, labdanum, myrrh, black incense and musk.

In addition to the pyramidal structure, the perfume composition also contains a new secret ingredient of pheromones, guaranteeing heart-winning excitement.

The bottle follows the original design of Agent Provocateur perfumes in soft pink color that gradually turns into a dark gray tint at the bottom. Agent Provocateur L'Agent is available from late January of 2011 as Eau de Parfum in 50ml and 100 ml bottles.

The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano.

Ylang-Ylang Angelica Pink Pepper Artemisia Palisander Rosewood

Moonlight Patchouli

L'Agent Fragrance Reviews

anessa
anessa

I agree with "Intoner" that this is a less surprising scent for those who are familiar with incenses in one way or the other, and a bit difficult to wear as a personal fragrance, because to my nose, this smells almost exactly like entering a Buddhist temple, or rather like one where a Western tourist has left a trail of her strong peppery floral perfume, now lingering in the serene, cool darkness, mingling with the incense being burned.

From the opening till drydown, it is incense which I always associate with meditation and calmness. Thus, L'Agent for me does not evoke any sultry sexiness nor dark mysterious sensual seduction. The latter half turns stronger on spicy floral (my nose can only smell apart the rose mainly) on a woody base (which again reminds me of the wooden pillars and chests in the temples). All in all, while this to me is more of an ambience fragrance, I find L'Agent a nice amalgamation of a dusty, classic rose bouquet and boudoir imagery with the "exotic", solemn, cool darkness of the wooden Buddhist temple.
Strong and good projection - the "incense version" to J.Simpson's Fancy Nights' patchouli, in regards of "safety level" for blindbuying.

pulcman.petra
pulcman.petra

This is very dark, strong and mysterious fragrance. It´s very sexy and definitely for evening, or nighrt. Very unique fragrance.

50 ml EDP

emt1986
emt1986

L'Agent is film noir in a bottle. Incense and resins and musk, oh my, with a just-sweet-enough ambery floral undercurrent. The result is perfectly dark and hazy, and, yes, very sexy and femme fatale-esque. On fabric, it does give off a bit of a wood shavings vibe, and I love that about it. L'Agent reminds me of a duskier Rochas Femme, to the point that I would almost swear there should be leather listed in the notes, though there isn't. Sillage wise, it's a bit of a bomb, and longevity is stellar. I adore the packaging as a bonus. An awesome buy; if you've been on the fence, do snap this one up before it gets more expensive and difficult to find.

Angeldaisy

i am wearing this a year or so since my first review. only one spray is enough.
have worn it a few times, but i felt self conscious, which is unusual for me, as i happily wear all sorts of unusual and woody/musky/both fragrances.
ok, i still smell chocolate leather, but only in the first blast. there's a touch of incense.
what i find disappointing is a strong, yet watery, musky sharp wood in the background, which becomes the dry down, arriving after a fleeting dance from the other notes and florals.
this smell totally overpowers the rest of the composition and that is all my nose can smell. shame. i think i have finally given up on L'Agent.
it is not unpleasant, worth a try to see if it works for you, but my nose is very sensitive to these particular musky woods and they are not for me.

Trikkirikki
Trikkirikki

The opening is almost sour on my skin, not pleasant at all actually. It was a blind buy, and the opening could really have ruined everything, but once I got pass it - OMG! Warm, comfy, balsamic and absolutely gorgeous. Nothing sexy and dangerous about it, but sensual yes. Compared to the first AP scents, this is the kitten to their cougars.

mothwings
mothwings

This doesn't smell dark or femme fatale to me.. it smells classy and old fashioned. A lot more powdery than I expected. Soapy floral with hints of orange, resins, and slight herbal nuances. Extremely fleeting, weak and fading fast on my skin. After the citrus dies off the resins come through more clearly but don't have nearly enough bite for my liking, synthetic musk dominates and it's just meh. I get a rancid soap smell sometimes that is quite unpleasant. So disappointed in this one. I can't even smell it anymore but my mom said I smell "nice", and she hates when I burn incense. So.. there you go. I wish I got a strong sexy smoke in the mix like others.

Intoner
Intoner

First I have to say that incense is a typical scent in my country since I live in Thailand. After I take a look at those notes, somehow, I still have high hope for this one to smell amazing. It turns out to be joss sticks scent with its own character. A little disappointed for Asian. A very unique scent for European.

I got very strong incense, myrhh, patchouli, sandalwood, musk and flowery notes. On my skin It's just pure incense, but I also got a sweet hint of flowers (jasmine, Ylang-Ylang and rose maybe?) on my clothes.
This is a night frag for sure. (I might wear this all day just for experiment.)

The commercial pic represent the right feeling about this perfume.
The dark mysterious aura maker for its owner.

Silvuna
Silvuna

I bought this, really looking forward to, but sadly all it gives me is this smokey aroma, not at all feminine or gourmand, something like you passing by an arabic shop with those water pipes they usually have. I can't imagine wearing it but it is not bad but in sense like it is surrealisticly natural?

alicepolice
alicepolice

Imagine walking through an old, intricately decorated, abandoned library. Dried flowers are placed in high glass vases all around, lined up on the large, wooden desks. Grains of dust glimmer in rays of sunlight, seeping through the curtains.

Time stands still.

Sometimes, scents manage to capture atmospheres better than any literature or artwork ever could. This is one of those scents, and the more I smell of it, the deeper and more complex it gets.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Secret Agent Femme Fatale!

This is a double agent perfume. She smells of deceptively sweet floral scents of rose, angelica, jasmine, ylang ylang and geranium. But she's not the kind of girl that likes flowers at all. She's only under cover as a romantic. At heart, she's really a villainess and she's after James Bond, to kill him. The incense dominates this scent, but it's also musk, patchouli, amber and spices/resins. It's an Oriental but on me it was more about the mood it gave me. It's nocturnal, a perfume of the night. It's mysterious, "evil" and dark. I've read the reviews and each has their own truth and merit. I do see this as a Halloween night fragrance, something to wear with a Morticia Addams type of dress, or a witch or vampire. It's elegant and "Goth". If you're a Goth then you might also be a drama student in high school. All the Goths at my high school were in Drama and they always wore dark clothes, black make up and enjoyed wearing clothing that looked Baroque and Renaissance. If you're an actor or actress that loves to wear exotic, mysterious perfumes, this one is for you. I think it's very sexy and bewitching, but only one spritz on my collarbone is enough. It turns a bit powdery and reminds me of a more full bodied version of John Galliano. Both scents have angelica, florals and incense. The incense here is much bigger though. I would say that you can't buy this blindly. Sample it first or wear something similar like John Galliano, or other incense/patchouli florals like Opium. I prefer this to Opium though. This has a unisex aura and can be worn by both guys and gals. Why this was created for Agent Provocateur a lingerie line is beyond me. I associate lingerie scents with softer florals or sweet fruity gourmands but this incense is one you can't wear to bed. This incense is for a night out at the club, dancing and letting the aroma attract someone to you, an art gallery perfume to wear while looking at art and serving as a magnet to someone who is admiring YOU like a work of art, and so forth. I would say its good for a date too. Sexy as hell.

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

I love this scent, it's dark, sexy and intoxicating. It reminds me of how perfumes used to made, before they all became watered down shadows of their former selves. very long lasting, wonderful projection. Be careful with this one, as it's very easy to overspray. I personally like to drift about in a cloud of this beautiful stuff but if you are easily overpowered by stronger scents little dabs on the pulse points might be all you can handle.

nightcutter
nightcutter

I've seen the positive reviews for this and hoped I would like it but sadly I really didn't.
Opening notes to my nose are horrible - smells like a bouquet of rotting flowers. As that fades to reveal the base it forms into a more palatable powdery incense but I still don't like it.
I agree with comments that it smells masculine but not in a designer aftershave-way, it's more like something a niche house would offer.

daisyvision
daisyvision

L'Agent opens with a sultry pairing of incense and patchouli, followed by several lovely floral notes which soften it right up. It's smoky & mysterious, but also light & feminine. It actually reminds me of a slightly less heady, creamier version of YSL's 'Opium'. I would definitely suggest L'Agent as a cheaper alternative for Opium fans, and a must-have for anyone who loves the rich aroma of incense.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I asked for a bottle of this for Christmas and got a 3.4 oz bottle of the original Agent Provocateur instead. It has only been tested once or twice. Would anyone in the US be interested in swapping for the L'Agent version?

Sophie75
Sophie75

Seriously not for everybody... I would call it the fragrance of a sexy, cheeky, luscious and strong woman who knows well what she wants and how ;) Piquant and definitely provocative! Each time I smell this perfume it flies me into a boudoir...

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

honestly, i tried this because of the amouage memoir comparisons. right off the bat i get cherry cough syrup, surprise! then that changes to a smoky and musky incense. i think i get labdanum, myrrh and incense primarily. maybe some rose and pink pepper too, adding a bit of a femme quality, but this is mostly just really musky myrrhy incense. i like this, i need to try it again at a later date though. i absolutely love memoir and this isn't memoir, but i'm glad that i tried it because of that.

magnolia78
magnolia78

I am very surprised it is considered to be unisex. It's strong masculine scent, nothing feminine about it. My husband likes it, unfortunately not when I wear it:) It is definitely not a safe blind buy. Try it before buying. It was a huge disappontment for me! All I could smell on my skin is incense and after a couple of hours it turned into something very similar to Baldessarini Hugo Boss for men and I had to go and wash it off. Not that I dislike Baldessarini, but I'd leave it to men:)

IDreamPurple
IDreamPurple

Okay, I'm new to this whole fragrance thing, so I blind bought a bottle thinking it would be a nice way to familiarise myself with the incense note. I hated it, it smelled weird and loud and I washed it off right away. Thought about either tossing it or giving it to someone, but didn't, because I had read once on a Finnish fragrance forum you should not get rid of purchases that initially seem like failures, so I put it in the cupboard where I keep my very humble collection, and placed it behind all the other bottles and packages.

Until I decided to give it another go after 5 months, and try to understand and maybe identify some of the notes in the composition. Now that was a good call, since this is the fourth or so night I have spent with my nose glued to my wrist. The trick was letting it settle in peace, and after giving it about a half an hour on my skin it became this delicious, almost sweet smoky treat. Can't really tell apart the notes, I'm too much of a n00b for that, but it smells amazingly good. I think, as a man, I'd easily be able to use it if the situation is right, and it's not the sillage power house on me some have experienced it to be.

During this evening I've put on more a couple of times already just to feel the opening over and over again, and I think I need to do that once more. I think I'm hooked.

wlmyer2
wlmyer2

Some say this perfume reminds them of Amouage Memoir for women. I slightly see the comparison, but where they differ is in the smoky incense. Memoir opens with incense and it lasts throughout the wear of the fragrance, along with other amazing notes. Memoir is one of my all time favorite fragrances, therefore when I saw people comparing the two I thought I would give L'agent a try, especially since my Amouage runs around $400 a bottle. There is some incense at the beginning of L'agent but it quickly dissipates and you are left with an amber floral scent. It reminds me of Estee Lauder's Youth Dew Amber. So if Youth Dew Amber and Amouage Memoir for women had a baby, L'agent would be the conception. But it is just that...a baby in comparison, if you want to smell like a sexy grown-up lady, I suggest giving Memoir a try.

viveka
viveka

I can't understand all that 'sexiness' factor of L'Agent in the reviews at all... I'm sorry, for my nose it's not just unisex, it's pure man's frag... maybe that's why a lot of girls think of it in 'seduce' category - projecting L'Agent on men's skin?, but no no no. Not for me, definately. It's strong smoke'y woody balsamic 100% man in bottle... Interesting with pretty decent taste but still - a man :)... besides one pretty note taken from original AP - that crazy beautiful smokey rose in the background :)
I can't even imagine man smelling his girlfriend in that strong masculine scent in intime situation. Sorry! Woody balsamic scents en general (vide Erotique Dita von Teese, Nu YSL) are just not for my nose (unless it's man's skin)!

Erui
Erui

This is liquid sexiness, omg. It starts with a strong myrrh on me, and turns into a "pure and nasty at the same time" scent. This is fkin addictive...

She_Wolf
She_Wolf

I was a bit disappointed by L'agent. When used in small concentrations, the smoky notes completely disappear, leaving only a nondescript floral. When used more generously, though, the incense and pepper come out and lend a nice darkness and depth to the whole composition, but there's still something just...lacking. They disappear too soon, leaving a sort of grey powder over that same rosy floral. I like it and would probably wear it if I got it as a gift, but even for the price, I wouldn't consider buying it for myself. It doesn't live up to it's dark-and-mysterious billing and doesn't have enough meat to hold its own.

shushkin
shushkin

I concur with the first hit being incense, myrhh, patch, rosewood and ylang ylang. This is definitely no shy flower but a fragrance of the night with seduction in mind. Its the sort of fragrance that Mata hari or a Sultana of the ancient Ottomon empire should have worn. There is an element of intrigue and danger. If you dont like too much attention on you then steer clear of this diva powerhouse.
As the fragrance settles in the first hour the rose, pink pepper, jasmine and geranium come into their own. You can just about make out the amber, sandalwood and musk base. The incense, myrhh and ylang ylang definitely hold court all the way through. Moderate sillage and longevity.

polly golightly
polly golightly

gradevolissima stratificazione di note floreali (tuberosa, ylang ylang e rosa), speziate (pepe rosa) e resinose (mirra, ambra e patchouli) con un tocco di incenso, in cui compaiono, come in un fuoco d'artificio, geranio, labdano, artemisia, gelsomino etc etc. molti rintracciano un che di gotico in questo profumo: per me invece si tratta di un accordo balsamico smorzato da impressioni rinfrescanti. ricorda feminite du bois di SL. molto buono, più adatto ad una primavera fredda piuttosto che all'inverno.

boannika
boannika

When I sprayed this today, I instantly pictured a dark haired, insanely attractive bad boy with dimples, smoking a cigarette☺ .Not feminine at all, it's like you slept with the above mentioned man and his smell lingered on your skin the whole day. I love.

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

Like to think I know what smells feminine. um, not this one. I'm amazed also by the reviewers who don't get the incense. whoa. This has more incense than my Body Kouros. Maybe the myrrh can dominate with some chemistry. Frankly, I hesitated because lingerie. I unisex it all but haven't ventured into Victoria's Secret that's for sure (personal preference). Thought, well, UK may do it different. And How! I don't get sexy from L'Agent. I get more middle eastern vibe than anything. I get a very masculine fume here. Yes, it is softened and no fougere. However, it is obviously not a Current U.S.A.standard of feminine. To that I say, Bravo! Avoid the overspray but me thinks two is okay. It isn't the highest shelf in the perfume boutique but this one holds its own and is worth the price. I agree with those who say it's much more Goth. And Goth tends towards unisex in my opinion. Guys wearing black eye-liner and all that coolness.

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

OMG, so sensual so elegant and sexy!! If you love cartier must de, opium, oscar del la renta, you will love this! It's beautiful, just like all those mention. I have a love for strong balsamic smoky incense fragrances. This satisfies my nose.

Rebemario
Rebemario

Completely blind buy I have no idea why I purchased this bottle except to say that all the love and beautiful reviews had me too curious not to try! Im quite a sucker, seriously, my whole family is very aware of my little problem with fragrance! On to the review... hmmm... at first I have to admit I was not impressed. I was like, what does this smell like, it was not a new scent to me by any stretch! And then, yes, the above Addict reference is me... Although different, to me more smoky, myrrh-ish, hmmm...the dry down is proving lovely and tomorrow I will give it the real testing it deserves. For now, its a bit of lovely and I can see the sexy connotation. I would definitely say it does not smell like Cinnabar though, I was kind of excited at that notion but no. I'll come back with an edit I think!

Edit: Ok, quickly before I go to bed! The edit on this is such: I love this! Its all about the dry down! Every so often I get this loveliness wafting from my wrist. Its a beautiful clean something! I can't tell what note it might be but it is gorgeous! If you like a fragrance that keeps you guessing this is it, simply precious, Im gonna go put more on, good night! :)

binnur
binnur

tam bir gece parfümü .. yahut karlı kış günlerinin de favorisi olabilecek karakterde bir koku.. epey komplike bir parfüm, biraz karanlık... gizemli... 30 yaş ve üzeri için uygun olduğunu düşünüyorum.. daha evvel estee lauder sensuous noir kullanmıştım, bazı notalar benzerlik taşıyor, ben biraz reçine kokusu da alıyorum, hani ağaç gövdelerinin içinde veya kabuklarında kendiliğinden oluşan balımsı reçelimsi koyu kıvamlı sıvı gibi... Baharatlı ama tatlı bir yanı da var.. ben aşık oldum, bayıldım... 2015'in son günü kargoyla elime ulaştı, güzel bir anı olarak kalacak... zannedersem devamlı alırım bittikçe, yani evet kesin alırım :)
tek fıs yetiyor gerçekten samimi söylüyorum, o yüzden bu parfüm zor biter :):):)

moonwalker
moonwalker

This was a blind buy for me. For the first 15 minutes, I was really dissapointed as I thought that it was going to be another bad blind buy... However, luckily, I was wrong.

At the begining, I smell really fierce leather and smoke. It reminds me of Le Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier (later I compared the two and LBDD is warmer and woodier). oh, and the sillage is rather fierce as well :)

As time progreses, (by looking at the notes I believe) I smell the combination of ylang-ylang, geranium and chocolaty patchuli until the smell melows into beautiful comnination of myrh, labdamum, incense, sandalwood - jeez, just look at the base - all the heavy hitters. Also, this stage slightly reminds me of Minuit Enchante by Laura Mercier.

If you like darker scents, give this one a try. And in comparison to other fragrances that this one is being compared to, l'Agent is pretty good on your wallet.

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

Wow! This is my first AP fragrance and truly like a bomb exploded in my face! What a fascinating blind buy. At first I couldn't comprehend the notes; I'm quite new to myrrh for example. L'Agent smells like darkness in a bottle. An ancient smoky bewitching potion. Definitely Gothic and different from anything I own. Brings to mind all sorts of unusual things. I can't wait till the weather cools down so I can enjoy this incense bomb truly. In the heat it's a bit much. Very nice for the price I paid.

stephan
stephan

Great fragrance, but too feminine for a man. Similar to (but better than) Arpège. I can't detect any incense.

Duskfall
Duskfall

I really can't add much to other positive reviews here since they've been so poetic. :)

No wonder because L'Agent is something else. It's femme fatale. It's stunningly beautiful. It's darkness in a bottle.

On me it's a magnificent myrrh and incense galore. I love it! Massive longevity and sillage compared to most of the other modern juices!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

This one and the first Agent (a floral fragrance) is my favorite. I wore this when I first got into the Agent Provocateur lingerie line and was leaving behind Victoria's Secret which has become pretty ordinary. I must warn you that this fragrance is not suited to be spritzed on your lingerie while wearing lingerie. This is nothing you take to bed. I wouldn't want either a man or woman to smell this while in bed with me. It's too strong. The artemisia, rose, geranium and osmanthus are prominent to my nose. Fortunately for me I love artemisia, rose, geranium, and osmanthus! Out of all the floral accords the rose is the strongest note. I love the rose in this because it's smoky. It's a rose set on fire in a more or less similar way as Frederic Malle's Portrait of a Lady although Portrait is much better and more complex than this one. This wears like a "junior" version of Portrait. This never takes you to a garden of flowers. It takes you to an empty field in the dead of night and there is a grey smoky mist everywhere. This is big on incense. The black incense envelopes everything. It's sweetened by myrrh which can be sweet. The design of the bottle, a bomb or hand grenade, is dropped and out of it comes incense incense incense. It's a huge mushroom cloud of smoke. And yes I love that but it's just not sexy or a boudoir lingerie scent. All their other fragrances: the first Agent, Maitresse, etc, are totally sexy floral-fruity boudoir scents. But not this one. I'm getting a Goth perfume vibe from this one. This is a Halloween fragrance. It's witchy, mysterious, dark. While it's no Magie Noire by Lancome, it's not bad either. If you're in the Goth culture and love to wear dark black clothes, or you like to look like a vampire this one is for you. It's also an evening/night perfume. Don't go out in the day time wearing this stuff LOL I do love incense and love to smell it on me. This hits the spot.

Corbelle
Corbelle

Bliss, bliss, bliss...!
Kind of easy bliss... but bliss :))

Corinne39
Corinne39

Really wanted to love this....and I do! L'agent is like the love-child of Donna Karan Black Cashmere and Queen Latifah Queen of Hearts..Its smoky incense and deep sexy amber/myrrh with sandalwood and musk to soften it all into a gorgeous magic potion that bewitches and beguiles..

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

Made a blind shopping, tried for a few weeks and ended up giving it to my father. In my opnion this is no feminine fragrance, it smells so much better on my father. Strong sandalwood and incense, way too strong.

kiskionok
kiskionok

What a nice masterpiece, a lasting song for femininity...
I find it very hard to believe, that this one was created just a few years ago. Nice and well-priced gem in a nacreous glaze bottle.

ellina1984
ellina1984

Myrhh is one of my favourite notes, so I was so excited to try this. However, it turned into a huge disappointment on my skin. Rotten white flowers. Jasmine, tuberose, all gone black and decomposing. A whisper of a rose, no myrrh, no sensuality. Sure, there was skunk, and maybe some people associate that with sexiness and sensuality, but skunk is not enough for me. So sorry it didn't work.

lord montifer
lord montifer

This is very nearly my signature...only the fact I find it a bit strong in the daytime...but at night....that's a different matter!
The first time I smelt this I couldn't get my head round it. When my nose/brain struggle to comprehend the notes it's a straight dislike. Then when I read the notes on here, and recognised the incense, patchouli, flowers it was...d'oh how obvious! And then an instant love.
This is sexy, smoky, femme fatale stuff. It also has a dark mystery. It is as far removed from most of the new designer stuff as you could probably get (hence some comments that it's a bit *** lady) but it reminds me of some of the 80s powerhouses of my teen years. I don't think it is dated at all, it is unashamedly different.It gives you confidence and sass when you wear it. And that insense patchouli drydown lasts forever. *swoons*

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

All I will say about this scent is that my fragrance sensitive brother just said in the kitchen just now ...

"Is that incense I smell?"

My reply:

"Yep, you do because it is in my perfume!"

This reminds me of nowhere I have ever been or no one I have ever been with but this perfume does posess something of the memoir mystifique about it. Like it holds some clues to a life I might have led, or a man I might have walked past in the street sometime ...

This perfume is the definitive 'ships passing in the night' to me. Somehow, somewhere, some place or some time, I might have smelled this on some one.

Yet not one note - or clue - is giving me the full picture. I would say there is something ghostly and unreal about it and the way I feel when I wear it is the way that... say a 40's actress in a film noir would feel as they walk into a smoke filled, underground sleaze joint to meet the hero who is a washed up old PI of some sort and then the scene cuts to them walking through a smog covered graveyard with the only source of light coming from the street nearby ...

That is how this fragrance makes me feel ... smoky due to the incense, resinous due to the woods (I used to try and play the violin so the smell of leather and woods are quite recognisable due to that!) The florals comes from the freshly laid flowers at the loved ones graves whilst the atmosphere as a whole combined makes me think of these two disparate scenes ... one of sleazy noisy joints and then the hushed reverence of the dead because of the damp earthy smell that exists in graveyards.

Sorry, did not mean to ramble on but some fragrances really makes me want to paint a picture and this perfume painted two ... In small terms: I love it!

DistantSamantha
DistantSamantha

One sniff. That's all it took. One sniff, and BAM. I have never hit the "Love" button as fast - or gone from a stranger to a lover. And then, from a lover to a worshipper.

The first 15 minutes I just walked around the house, sniffing my wrist (and leaving a wonderful scent trail behind me, what a sillage!), trying to decide what this reminds me of. "I know this, I know this, I swear! But who would wear something like this? Where have I encountered this before?" Until it hit me. This doesn't remind me of some other perfume, nor a person. This reminds me of a place: a catholic church, just like some of you have mentioned. The incense, myrrh (at first more medicinal, later blending beautifully with the first mentioned), and something that to my nose is the leathery scent of black ebony (possibly the rosewood, sandalwood and labdanum combined?)... and then the musk and rose and amber, as the skin and clothing of the churchgoers. I'm not a Christian, mind you, a mere "spiritual being having a human experience", but my love for old churches goes well beyond any religion.

So, fast-forward to the "one hour later" mark, and my love has gone from "wow, this is exceptional" level to the "if my soul had a scent, it would be this" level. My purchase may have been inspired by all those reviews claiming this to be THE perfume of pure sexuality, but to me, it seems, this is already something more. "The perfume of heavenly creatures", or maybe I've just been drugged? Maybe this is the high?

Hopefully sometime soon I'll come back (down) and give you a better review, but right now I'm out of words. Or drugged by a lingerie company. Speechless, nonetheless. D'accord. I don't mind: this is that little piece of holiness I've been given.

To quote the Fragrantica users astrogenic and Jitterbug Perfume Lover (since these were the reviews that sealed my decision on purchasing this perfume!):
"AP's bottles may resemble hand grenades, but L'Agent is no ordinary hand grenade... It's a holy hand grenade. Just as on earth, there are battles afoot in heaven, and occasionally the angel's arsenals are dropped from the sky in a plea that we join their army. I accept the calling."
&
"I once heard a modern mystic say that if you pray for true love, you should also pray for reverence and perseverance because you’re going to need it because true love is not for the weak; neither is this perfume. This is not the perfume for a fickle fleeting lust, or some erotic indulgence, this is anointing oil for a serious and sacred sacrament in the ancient mysteries."

And to think, this is just a perfume...

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

dark, smoky, gothique, sweet and spicy.... perfection

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

It starts very confident and mature with opening notes that remind of Aromatics Elixir. If you give it about half hour, it then tames to very smoky rose that is floating just a few inches above the skin.
Few hours later, both, the rose and the smoke are gone, leaving pleasant, but very masculine scent.

I actually love that it has so many faces, I just don't like all of them.

Interesting and powerful scent this is true, but not for everyone.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Wow this is something, from the start I get this smoldering blast of rose and incense and I was totally intrigued, hooked and sold. It definately has the DNA of the original, but more amped due to the addition of incense& myrrh. This lady means business, this is no simpering giggling mademoiselle this is Madame. But more precisely agent provocateur Michelle Dubois of the French Resistance. From the British sitcom, ALLO ALLO set in obviously World War II. Mysterious in trenchcoat and beret, and rouge lipstick she appeared when least expected leaving a conundrum of instructions. You can bet under that trenchcoat concealed in her garter and silk stockings a hand grenade.......her most lethal arsenal.

HannahNori
HannahNori

This is one gorgeous scent. It was a blind buy and I am so happy that I ordered a large bottle of it. I know I will be wearing a lot of it, with pleasure. I love the blend of smoke and incense. Dark and heady..Just my cup of tea!

lirael00
lirael00

Oh, L'Agent why can't I love you when so many people like you so much? I was so excited when I got my bottle as I really like almost all the other fragrances from Agent. And even when I sprayed the juice on my wrist I was still thrilled about it, as I thought it smelled divine. So, next day I wore it to work, and it was a cold winter day, which I think suits L'Agent perfectly. But then a bad thing happened, whenever I sniffed the juice I was wearing I got sick and by the time I was still outside, where there was air to breath. Once i got inside the building I thought I was gonna puke all over myself. I discovered that it was an incense that was making me sick as it was too strong and overpowering. I tried to wear L'Agent at least 10-times, and I always felt the same, so I kinda give up on it, even though I didn't want to. Now it has a new owner and I don't have headaches anymore. Btw, lasting power and projection are amazing, so if your skin gets along with L'Agent, this is totaly worth buying.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is my new favorite for this autumn, a discovery, a miracle, an ode to the incense! To the sensual, sinful incense.
Ordered it without testing because the price was very affordable (I think it's totally underrated), received it, sprayed it on my wrist and ... the time stood still. A wonderful, intoxicating, balsamic, hugging and naughty scent. Unique, dark, thick, feminine, tempting and seducing. A thousand kisses deep...
The opening has a certain vintage vibe (white flowers, a dominant rose, fresh cut greens, a bit of expensive wood, a light aldehyde veil), that's correct, but it's a kind of a modern vintage. I feel some fresh, damp vetiver too (like in "Encre noire" by Lalique, a bit masculine, teasing, deep nuance.
Then the perfume changes, it becomes sweeter, I feel a wonderful myrhh, incense and wood mixture (and a lot of sensual, well done musk), the flowers are still present, but not dominant. The base is velvety, mysterious and gets darker and darker. I feel also some dark, warm, aromatic honey notes (not listed) which mix with all that woody and incense heaven and remind me "Chergui" by Serge Lutens ("Chergui" is sweeter, more woody). And I am drowning in this. No regrets, just letting it happen. This perfume makes me think about an extraordinary sect members (beautiful men and women) who come together to make love like art, to discover and experience their sensuality, about something secret,forbidden but still so attracting, tempting. About something that silently whispers dirty things in your ear and makes you desire... I've already ordered another bottle of this, that means a lot.

Angeldaisy

yes, smokey incense. sexy. intoxicating.

but most of all...i smell chocolate leather. and i like chocolate leather.

lovely and such good value right now. grab a bottle. you won't regret it.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Incenso, mirra e liquirizia da cui emergono fiorellini bianchi d'osmanto e piccole, puntiformi note fruttate rosse.
Una spruzzatina di pepe per far sorridere l'incenso, per renderlo leggero, docile.
L'incenso è molto edulcorato, ingentilito, spogliato di ogni aura mistica.
Un profumo moderatamente dolcespeziato, carino.
Non lo trovo nè conturbante, nè dark anzi, è somigliante a Delices de Cartier e a Marni Spice, lontanissimo dalla complessa opulenza di Memoir Woman Amouage (che per me resta un autentico capolavoro assoluto di bellezza...).
Un incenso color rosacipria. Spensierato.

mrsg34
mrsg34

This is a fantastic bargain buy yet doesn't smell like it! It has similarities with Amouage Memoir as in it has a gothic, sultry incense vibe and is quite strong considering the price! It's smoky and ultra feminine and the bottle is quite cute too.If you enjoy smoky,incense scents its a must buy :)

Jola 72
Jola 72

I have a bottle of Silk Body Elixir of L´Agent .
"This luxurious cream contains a moisturising blend of Nutmeg and Babassu Oil together with the secret ingredient of Epimedium,also known as horny goats weed to help leave your skin feeling soft and sexy..."
Thats what the text on the box pronouncing ...Ok..
I was currious about testing the smell of this perfume and so far I like it ,maybe even love it,so I will order a fullsized bottle of edp L´Agent.
The elixir goes nice along with my lovely "dark"scents I already have ...Lovely stuff ...

TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch

L'Agent was a blind buy for me, as I found it for a good price and really enjoy Agent Provocateur and, to a lesser degree, Maitresse. When I first sniffed the bottle I was worried; it's very incense-spice-woody, a bit darker than most scents that I gravitate towards. However, I gave it a chance and the dry down was surprisingly warm and comforting. Some of the harsher notes I often smell in similar fragrances are missing in this; it has an almost dusty quality to it, the way the best incense has when burned. It's got enough warm wood, amber, and spice to keep it from being completely one dimensional. I often feel like incense-heavy scents lean on an anise note I dislike, but I don't detect that in L'Agent. Sillage is mild to moderate, definitely not overwhelming, and it lasts on my skin for 6-8 hours, longer than most fragrances last on my skin.

As Venusta has stated, this scent shines when layered with a floral! The florals in L'Agent take a back seat on me, and while I'm very cautious about layering scents (it usually backfires for me), this one just begs to be paired with a floral, as if there's a blank space in the composition. I've been wearing this with Stella by Stella McCartney and I adore it. That bright, sparkling rose softens L'Agent and makes for an incredibly feminine combination. If I had a good tuberose in my collection, you can bet that I'd be trying that combination next! L'Agent on its own is bold, but adding in more floral gives it a very sensual quality. As someone who rarely wears the same scent twice in a week, I've been reaching for this combination really often; I end up craving it. This may have pushed the original Agent Provocateur fragrance out of its long-held position as my favorite from this brand!

chimidoro
chimidoro

I have found that this smells absolutely nothing like Opium, but it does smell like a more peppery, softer/subtler, smoother/more finely blended, smokier/woodier version of "Fancy Nights" by Jessica Simpson. (I find them terribly similar! But if you were ever torn between the two - I'd recommend you go for this, it's nicer....)

Sadly, both have a tendency to smell like musty/possibly stale McDonald's apple pies on me. Only this one less so, so this is my preference.

If, in theory, you like Opium, but find it overpowering/unsuitable, and may also have found yourself to be incompatible with this, and/or Fancy Nights, you might (like myself) find yourself to be better suited to The Body Shop's "Smoky Poppy", which works like a dream on my skin.... Unlike Opium, L'Agent, or Fancy Nights.
The Body Shop's Smoky Poppy is also the cheapest of the lot! (Though it certainly does not boast the strength and longevity you would get with the aforementioned, it doesn't break the bank to re-spray regularly and the bottle's small enough to carry in your purse!)

Venusta
Venusta

The first 6 or 7 sprays were VOMIT inducing. Almost smelled like motor oil and pepper!

I'm a stubborn woman. So I was determined to try another round in a week. Something magical then happened; perhaps the fragrance finally settled properly?

This perfume is sex. The first 30 minutes are fiercely strong. Imagine a rose on fire in the most sexy of ways. Musk and smoke.

Settles into a calm fire of rosey musk after an hour. Layering with a very floral pefume produces something AMAZING and one of a kind!!! I'm still experimenting with my favorite combination.

Worth the money MANY times over.

kivi
kivi

first moment - just sweet on me ... :)

up - after 2 hours,
it is amazing! delicate, sweet and deep,
like sweet forest resin - love it!!!

indeed it move over ... high recommend.!

ptilda
ptilda

These little story scenario descriptions crack me up when I read reviews.

But in this case, it's a perfect fit. Make your damme coy or seductive or innocent or harsh, and the perfume fits. It's such an innocently naughty scent. And excellent silage and good lasting power.

I got a few ml in a swap and have been wearing a spray or two from time to time. But once fall comes, I think this may upgrade to FB.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

L'agent... Vintage/gothic? Yes, I can feel that. Smokey warmth that is echoed in her eyes (makeup and smoldering glances), pin-up style, deep red lips, and desire. Yes, all of the above. There's something classically naughty about this... definitely a night time fragrance in my opinion. It reminds me of other fragrances I have smelled, but I can't really put my finger on exactly which ones right now.

Do I like this? I think so.. but I can't say for sure. I know I love the idea of it. This perfume in abstract is everything I thought and hoped it would be. I just haven't decided if it suits me yet. But I can imagine that this would be perfect when one has the intent to seduce.

archivist
archivist

I absolutely love this scent. This is what I wanted Canturi to be (but it wasn't). I'd read Canturi was more Opium than the new YSL Opiums. It wasn't.

I was a devoted wearer of Opium in cooler weather for about a decade (Coco the rest of the year, if you can imagine) and I loved it - and the men I was attracted to loved it, too. I got followed around more than once by a guy who wanted to know the name of the perfume I was wearing. That was fun, but it was also like having a super hot friend that guys are more interested in than they are in you personally. Of course, if a guy is interested in asking you out for a drink or whatever, he's not going to lead with "what perfume is that?" even if it was part of what lured him to consider your feminine charms in the first place.

I developed a horrible allergy to Opium, probably a chronic exposure thing, and I was very sad about that. I couldn't tolerate any at all - not on my clothes, not a tiny spritz on a bit of cotton in a perfume locket, any exposure to the smell would bring on anaphylactic breathing problems that were frankly very scary. And still I would sometimes cave in and spray it, hoping that however long it had been since I last tried it was long enough for a recovery! I had to get it out of the house. I still miss it.

I guess I should say that I used to miss it, because L'Agent is an absolutely perfect replacement in almost every respect. This hits all the same buttons for me. I know they're a little bit different, but I can't spray on any Opium to do a side-by-side comparison, haha. What I can say definitively is that this produces the exact same sense of absolute relaxation, languor, sensuality. I feel long-limbed and feline wearing this, with its combination of being both cuddly and charmingly predatory, in a sexy villain kind of way. It connects. I perceive it as a lovely and airier hybrid (both airy and substantial, elegant and powerful and delicate all at the same time - like the dragon lady in 47 Ronin) of classic/vintage Coco and Opium.

My only problem with it is that it is short-lived; the opening is the best part, and it lasts for maybe 15 or 20 minutes. The drydown is lovely, but once the labdanum and the pepper burns off, and the incense wisps thinner and thinner, it's just a nice sandalwood/amber.

I asked for it in swap because I was intrigued by the prospect of it smelling like Memoir Woman. I dislike spending money on decants (that whole thing is such a racket in my mind) and usually buy bottles and swap them if it doesn't work out. I had some funds from a few recent bottle sales and was waiting on L'Agent to arrive to decide whether or not to buy Memoir.

I just did. If Memoir smells like this but with the signature Amouage longevity, I am going to be over the moon. If that is how it goes, it would very likely end up my signature scent, and I'd be selling off my stash of vintage Coco in a heartbeat and buying more of that instead.

It is a bummer having to reapply this so often to keep getting that opiate buzz. Even on clothes, it just doesn't stick around.

Memoir will be here in another week and I'll report back.

Chicagobelle

This fragrance makes me feel like a Boss! Lol. So bold, captivating yet pleasant. This perfume formulation was executed perfectly. It opens up with a seductive spicy scent and later settles down into a creamy and soft inviting dry down. The best thing about this perfume is that it's truly unique. This is a must try perfume!

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

This smells AMAZING. I smell this and i think..."sex"??..I especially love the base notes of this one. Deep and sultry. Perfect for when you are in the mood to attract or even SEDUCE. This is a scent that will get you noticed. No sex kitten here...more like a lioness. Reserving this one as a date night scent...or whenever I want to feel UBER SEXY. The drydown is heaven and the best part. Smoky. Just beautiful. Sillage is great and longevity is at least a good 5-6 hours on my skin.

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

I was looking for a "bombshell" fragrance to entice my husband on Valentine's Day ;) so I purchased this for myself after reading the reviews. Well, it worked. As we were waiting for our taxi to take us to dinner, he leaned in, told me I smelled intoxicating and queried whether I wouldn't prefer going back to our hotel room and skipping our dinner reservations. This perfume created such a reaction in him that he asked me to only wear it around him...

This fragrance is a balsamic rose, robust with incense and animal magnetism. It is definitely not a perfume for the timid or one who wants to pass unnoticed. The sillage is radiant and the longevity...well, it will take you smiling, straight into the morning with breakfast in bed ;)

Dufteren
Dufteren

Deep, warm and very beautiful, hmm I keep sniffing my wrist.
I really like it........... on a man.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

She managed to get away from work earlier that evening. She was in her bedroom, the balcony doors open letting a light summer breeze through that made the voile curtains gently move......she put the finishing touches to her outfit, black silk shirt, tight leather skirt, pointed courts, a flick of mascara on those dark brown slanting eyes,pale lips....she smiled....there was a surprise under that leather skirt, a little attention to detail...She looked at her watch, what was keeping him? Late meeting? Video conference?.... Clandestine affairs are fun but not the waiting. She looked around for a book, that could make time pass she thought as she claimed her place on the chaise longue currently occupied by the cat. Her eye caught her little favourite bottle, she spritzed some L Agent on her neck and wrists smiling at the thought of his smelling it on her while whispering dirty little nothings in her ear..... Now, I am ready, she thought leaning back....She heard keys on the door....."He is here......."

DAL123
DAL123

I blind bought a 100ml bottle of this. And my chemistry hates it. When I put this on I immediately thought of an old musty bedroom with the lingering smells of stale cigarettes and old decaying roses. And Lysol. I wish I could get the chocolate or incense or smokiness others get from this. I had high hopes for this one but it is not to be. Anyone in the US interested in swapping please message me. Would love to give this a new home with someone who can love it.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Ultra feminine seduction bomb. Creamy ylang-ylang, jasmine, and tuberose dominate the opening, then the incense and musk play a more prominent role in the drydown. More floral than spicy. If you're not a fan of powdery scents, definitely try before you buy (I don't like them generally, but L'Agent is a winner for me).

Similar frags:
Fracas
Bvlgari Jasmin Noir
Tom Ford's Black Orchid (minus the darkness)

Use a LIGHT hand with this one. One spray and you're done. Cheers!

Curly Sherly
Curly Sherly

Got this little jewel today - it's very feminine and, yes, sexy!! It's character reminds me of a couple of Tom Ford's perfumes (that I owe) - Sahara Noir and Purple Patchouli. Great silage and longevity! Develops lovely during the period of wearing! Very happy

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

A dryer version of Feminite du Bois. No jammy plum, boozy accord or over the top spices. It is a dark, sexy perfume, but in a more contained and drier manner. It actually reminds me a little bit of the shiseido Feminite du Bois, which has nothing to do with booze plum in SL incarnation.

I find it to be a very civilised wood and incense (warmed by subtle fruit notes) kind of perfume. The dry down is somewhat watery. Nonetheless, it is very pretty juice for those of us who do not do well with intense woods and fruits, which just overpower our skin and olfactory buds (ie me).

soulflwr
soulflwr

It took a while for my nose to understand this perfume(years) because when I first sprayed some out my large 3.4 oz bottle onto my hand...it burned my nose hairs out! I remember thinking -->> "Oh crap! I just HAD to purchase the large bottle." I believe that was in 2010 or 2011...maybe 2012? Anyway, fast forward to 2015 and I'm starting to really enjoy it!

You know how when you spray perfume on and it smells one way, but then later you happen to come across an article of clothing you had on when you wear wearing the perfume, and it smells different? I feel like the fragrance that lingers on your clothing is a better indication of how a fragrance mixes with your body chemistry, and what other people smell when you're wearing it.

Anyway, it was one of those moments when I came across a scarf that was sprayed with L'Agent that I finally understood this difficult fragrance. Before then I had been testing the fragrance every now and then, trying to get a feel for it, but ultimately wearing it just made me feel awkward. One day, I remember putting on the scarf that was perfumed with L'Agent, and saying to myself "My God I smell good!" I had to think for a minute about what I was smelling, and was both amazed and enamored once I figured what scent it was.

I see a lot of people mentioning rose, but I don't get rose at all. What I smell is mostly myrrh, geranium, rosewood, and a touch of something sweet (which could actually be the rose).

christianne1
christianne1

Wow, this may be one of the world's best bargain perfumes! Dark and mysterious balsamic sexy beast! Very musky and straight up sexy and it does bear a strong resemblance to Memoir Woman as others have stated for a mere fraction of the price. But L'Agent is easier to wear to me and I actually prefer it. This stuff is fantastic! It has almost a Tom Ford vibe to it as well. This does NOT smell cheap! If you like dark, gothic and kinda vampy you absolutely must try this. Totally safe blind buy, I got this for well under $40! Probably best for nighttime although I don't adhere to that. I am so happy I went ahead and got this....smells great!!!!

Sniezel
Sniezel

Based on reviews here I blind purchased it and expected to love l'Agent. To me it smells a lot like YSL Opium and CK Obsession. I absolutely loathe Obsession, where I normally love powdery and spicy scents, I find it way too cloying and overpowering. Somebody I know wears Obsession very often, it's an annoying spicebomb that fills the entire room and makes me nausious. Hours after she's left I can still smell Obsession. Fortunately, l'Agent is more resemblant to Opium, which my mom used to wear a lot. Therefore I kinda like l'Agent, but due to the association with Obsession I can't fall in love with it. I'd say for me it's a 7/10.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

L'Agent is definitely provocative; overtly so, in my opinion! This strong balsamic perfume renders you spellbound like an intense sort of witches' potion. It's hypnotic, seductive, powerful, passionate and undeniably sexy as hell. However, because it's not subtle, the mystery is lost on me.

On my skin, L'Agent begins very loud, with balsams and incense... that fades rather quickly into a dark, earthy and smoky scent with dancing spices in the background. The heart is a little more clean, as the rose emerges, and the dry-down is more of a floral-musk. I'm surprised by how good this is on me, especially considering the large quantities of tonka bean and patchouli - both of which sometimes create problems for me, so in that respect, it's very well-blended.

Overall, the entire effect is a little too much for me so I am more of an L'Agent appreciator :) I feel that the Original suits me so much more. Sillage is moderate (but has the potential to be very heavy); lasts for about 8-9 hours.

NightShade6
NightShade6

First impression of this perfume was spicy, dark, smokey, and sexy. This is a bombshell perfume!

The main notes that my nose picks up are pepper, incense, and patchouli.

Flayvian
Flayvian

My first impression was of a peppery, spicy perfume. It reminded me of Amouage Memoir, but the longevity was nowhere near as great. I have had compliments from strangers with this one, so sillage must be good on me. This was a blind buy, but I'm happy I got it, even though it's a new direction from my usual preference.

mihaela01
mihaela01

This is a very well done perfume but not a crowd pleaser.To me it smells like expensive make up and incense,no flowers, at least on my skin.I love it ...it makes a statement...and the bottle is adorable.

Stacierew
Stacierew

wow...this is gorgeous. Spicy, with that soaring sweetness that I associate with the grand orientals of old. I am shocked that I like this one as much as I do, as it has tuberose (which I hate). My nose just isnt picking up that note in the usual cloying way. This is sex in a bottle. On my skin, it has a delightful animalic sweetness that reminds me of Chanel Coco, minus the civet, and at half the price. Oh yes, this one will be mine.

patxaran
patxaran

Love at first sniff. Challenging, mysterious, spicy and warm. I just can't stop sniffing myself when I wear L'Agent. I think I will never get bored by it and I feel this will be my new signature from now on. From reading the other reviews it seems that skin chemistry is so different and I am lucky (I hope) that this smells so rounded and balanced on me. It is a strong fragrance but the sillage is not as huge as some suggest and I did manage to apply 5 or 6 sprays without feeling like the elephant in the room. If i am wrong I hope someone will politely tell me as I just can't get enough of this fragrancee! For me it's mainly about myrrh, incense and patchouli and the whole mix is gently lifted with white flowers. I think I love myrrh... if you do too, you should try this fragrance.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Warm, powdery, vintage-y with an undercurrent of old fashioned sin, I imagine this is what would waft out of a trunk unopened for decades filled with the costumes of a long retired burlesque dancer, or that's what I would say if I was going to go into purple prose, but in any case, I like it. I think it reminds me a little of a sexier version of the Mitsuko my paternal grandma wears (but only when it reacts with her skin, not Mitsuko in general). I think the most prominent flower is the rose mingled with the geranium. If I didn't know better I'd swear there was some carnation in there as well.

Incense and dried flowers, resinous, warm and sexy.

karrieann
karrieann

From the reviews here I figured this was a no-brainer. But luckily my purchase was a set of 3 different Agent Provocateur samples (L'Agent, Agent Provocateur and Maitresse) and not a FB.

Starts green and aqua-ish. Spring and summer. After 30 minutes or so, I detect a bit of rose with petals held on with super glue, of all things.

No smoke, no warmth but instead she is cold and sharp. Maybe my impression is skewed by this headache I have had all day but it certainly isn't helping my poor head.

Will have to give L'Agent another try when spring rolls around again and when I don't have a headache. Maybe I'll appreciate her under different circumstances.

personagrata
personagrata

This is a great oriental myrhh perfume, really different and to my nose not at all for men, just not for those kind nice mild women. Unfortunately, i have to say that the sillage is zero to me and the longevity. I really am curious why all of you say it is potent. Can I find something like this but more
"present" ?

petravesna
petravesna

Wow. What a confusion!
This is a very serious fragrance and not for heart fainted. Women will hate you and men will gravitate towards you like bees towards honey. It is warm, dark, earthy, smoky and heavy. Imagine an alluring but mysterious woman with a lacy black mask and long cape venturing into heavily incents filled church. Unfortunately, the beginning of the perfume is so bad for me it borderlines with convulsion (old age perfumes thinking of old women) but once through it warms up with sandalwood, incense, amber, musk... Sensual depth, warmth, passion, mysteries unfurl... The journey there is not easy but it goes very deep. For brave only!

Centsless
Centsless

L'agent is not what I was expecting, I agree with prior reviews describing it as "ghostly". It does smell gothic and from another era. It is very well done, complex, but not my type of fragrance since it is heavy on incense and quite strong in general. Gothic church comes to mind. Interesting but leaves a strange, medicinal trail. Not really sexy or feminine, l'agent is on the masculine side compared to other AP's. Men don't be afraid to try it :)

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

L'Agent is a fantasy in a bottle - an impromptu sexual encounter with a mysterious, sultry stranger so beautiful that there is no other choice but to have them as your lover when they, with intense eyes and a slight curve of a smile, extend the offer. You are unafraid as they lead you into their hazy bed chamber decorated in dark, lavish textiles and illuminated by golden, flickering candlelight which dances off of elaborately faceted crystal vases. Your gorgeous host pours you a small glass of a medicinal tasting liquor that delightfully warms your body after you take the first sip. Smokey myrrh and the light scent of velvety roses mezmerize you...you feel dizzy and gingery with anticipation as your new lover leans in for a kiss...

On my skin this is a leathery, smokey, woody fragrance, yet the spicy tonka bean and discreet rose give it a feminine edge. I am wearing this with an all black ensemble and a leather jacket and L'Agent fits in PERFECTLY. Try this fragrance if you're feeling unabashedly sexy and dark.

gabri11e
gabri11e

This was a blind buy, and what a success!

I do agree- the first few minutes are medicinal, strong, and a little odd. But stick it out- in a few minutes it turns into a gorgeous floral, spicy dream! I had a friend compliment me on this one today, saying she loved how it has a bit of a sour undertown, instead of being so sickly sweet, like so many other perfumes. I definatly agree with her.

This has wonderful longevity and projection. I sprayed myself at 10am- and here we are at 6Pm, and I still smell wonderful.

The Myrrh/incense combination in this is really gorgeous. It's one of those combinations that can go wrong quickly, but I find in this one its perfectly feminine, lived in, and mysterious.

Snicole82
Snicole82

I didn't get the strong, powerhouse fragrance AT FIRST.

So I sprayed about 5 sprays and OMG this can be strong. I still like the spicy fragrance, but it's a week later and I can still smell that fragrance on that shirt as I'm throwing it in the wash.

I really like it though and glad I picked it up.

ingelot
ingelot

The drydown smells indeed a lot like Memoir Woman.
I like it, but I'm not THAT impressed. Not so strong on me either.

It disappears within the hour...such a shame

noori
noori

I know I should not buy anything blindly, but I was tempted to get L'Agent. No samples available, no shops to try out, so I jumped in, trusting reviews and comparisons with scents I know (yes, I also find it similar to Memoir Woman). Thankfully, I just fell in love with it.

L'Agent starts with white flowers (can't really put my finger on exact flowers), then I also get a very dry and bitter leather-like scent as well. Next stage, L'Agent settles for a creamy, sweeter leather with lots of incense and myrrh mixed with the faintly present white floral.

gomt
gomt

Goodness gracious, this is gorgeous. Absolutely intoxicating. Deep, sensual, powerfully feminine. Incensy, spicy, creamy and a little flowery, too. If what they say is true and there's a madonna and a whore (sorry for the language) in every woman, this perfume is right where the two cross with each other.

And this beautiful monster lasts forever.

Tiger84
Tiger84

Wow. This has no mercy. Wear this for domination!
The dyrydown does indeed have a Memoir Woman vibe.

This could be sold as a niche for five times the price... but I am happy it isnt because now I can afford it! :)

lcommisso
lcommisso

It is smoky! It smells really nice, but it isn't my cup of tea because of the strong incense note. I feel like I should be the female lead in a James Bond movie wearing this, with vamp colored fingernails and a dagger hanging out in my garter. Rawr!

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is a still gorgeous but less plush version of Amouage Memoir especially in the heart. It starts out as a smokey rose and then the patchouli, labdanum, myrrhe and amber come out.
Just gorgeous and a great find for anyone like myself who is mad for Memoir but is actually embarrassed to wear it because it's so over the top gorgeous and sexy. This is Memoir light, something I can wear all day and then, if the occasion calls for it, I can bring out the big guns, Memoir, for night.
Definitely has serious signature potential.

PaintMySleep
PaintMySleep

This one was rough for me. Pure smoke, leather and incense. Mind you it doesn't smell bad but it is very masculine, and I am not someone who prefers fruity floras, in fact I appreciate a deep rich smell, but this is VERY unisex. This reminds me on some baroness who lives on top of a hill who only leaves her home on the blood moon to go sit in the local smoking jazz lounge, whose face is forever covered in a black veil and whose husbands all died under "mysterious circumstances". She has her own private booth and sit alone drinking her bourbon on the rocks and smoking her 10inch long cigarette and never fully lifts her veil, she's mysterious and somewhat something to be feared. She never says a word, simply gets up and pays her tab leaving behind a huge tip and gets in her vintage Aston Martin and drives away. Very much a "the woman in black" perfume.

Dramatic, I know...but that's what this perfume reminds me of. It's not a sexy scent but very demanding and masculine. If you have the personality to rock this then be my guest, but it's a rough one to pull off.

satellite99
satellite99

First whiff was a aquatic peppery balsam which is the type of men's scent I don't like. It was a blind buy at Ross ($19.99)so maybe it was for the garage sale. After about 15 minutes the dry spices started to show itself. I liked what smelled like a very dry cinnamon and resin. I was hoping for more sandalwood but no. Yes there's incense but not the sweet type. I wished there were a bit more floral but its mainly resin. I like patchouli, sandalwood, myrrh, musk but not like this. I think its the arid pepperiness that never really leaves that feel too masculine for me. I miss the sweetness of something like Serge Luten's Chergui.

Definitely a unisex scent. As stated earlier, there is something woodsy and old about this that reminds me of creaky 19th century Victorian mansions with a lot of dark wood paneling and Persian rugs, decorated with some souvenirs from a trip to India or the Middle East. Not a cozy scent, too oriental. So to me, L'Agent is more old house than old people I think because of the woodsy incense.

Overall I feel neutral about this. Because of its strength I think I'd only want to wear this outdoors, particularly in a brisk fall day/night.

Update: Was watching some reviews including Katie Puckrik's review and she mentions L'Agent as all about the leather, edible leather - I'd say spicy leather (probably why I'm not gaga over this, if it was just the incense, spice, and florals I might have liked it better but its the leather that holds me back. If you don't like leather scents, probably not for you.)

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

This perfume combines classic & modern scent... myrh and insence are loud but angelica change all the scent.. Aristocratic, dark and very sensual !!

PrincessofScents
PrincessofScents

This smells as though a young woman would wear it to attract a "sugar daddy," or a older woman would have it to be a "sugar mamma," and that is because it has a deep spice mingled with something cheaper.

Even Playboy Play It Spicy does a much more provocative, sexier scent that this one.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Ah wow! This is beautuful! Just applied it so im at the very beginning of this oriental journey. Straight away I get peppery sandalwood. It is not as heavy or difficult as I thought based on previous reviews. Its rather light with an oriental vintage feel. Im starting to get faint roses and woodsy notes. I would suspect it is not for a typical teenager, but then again I dont wanna stereotype anyone. It simply isnt a sweet sugary scent. I get the gothic church reference tho im not getting any insence yet. The church I use to visit in France during my holidays smelled more like Lancomes Poeme funnily enough.
This reminds me of something....could it be sensuous noir? Not sure as I havent smelled it in ages.
I should add that as im writing this the weather is sticky and hot. I have noticed that my wonderful perfume collection isnt working on my in this heat. Only a few ones with very floral notes and they evaporates so fast. I suspect this one will develop better in colder seasons, just like the rest of its new friends on my dressing table.
Conclusion, dont be afraid of this one, its rather beautiful. If you like sandalwood this might be your new love.

VJ2
VJ2

Like matty64, I also found this beauty at Marshall's for $19.99! I stared in disbelief then snatched it up and ran to the register. I bought this without testing and based on previous reviews and I am so glad I did. I sprayed it in the car and did the biggest happy dance after my first sniff. This is an incense, floral bomb at first and dries down to a softer floral on me.
Reminds me of Opium. Simply beautiful!
Waiting to find more Agent perfumes for a song:)

matty64
matty64

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this rare beauty at Ross for $19.99!? Was it fate? This fragrance does have a similarly shared aroma with Cartier's Le Basier Du Dragon, also Balmain's Ambre Gris. This is a very nice incense and amber fragrance, no doubt about it. Lucky, lucky me!

missgeschick
missgeschick

I had high expectations of L'Agent. I imagined a sexy, powdery, high class feminine scent and what I got unfortunately is a heavy spicy one. It starts with pepper and I'm waiting for all the beautiful ingredients listed on top but I don't get anything. No roses. Only spices that grow into smelling like a men's aftershave. There is much myrrh and incense inside. This doesn't smell fine on me but lasts good...

I almost ordered it online, but fortunately I tried it at the shop before. And what a surprise - I had made a mistake. The one I loved was L'agent eau provocateur. Damn those similar names and bottles.
So my last review here was actually about L'agent eau provocateur.
Still, many words I said are right about this perfume too. It's mysterious, sexy and full of intrigues.
And incense doesn't smell cheap in it. There's also some tonka bean, myrrh and lots of amber.
All very strong notes.
I think this is very grown up scent, it's not a girly or lovely, more mature and serious.
Intense and passionate.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Oh yes.. I agree with woodlandwalk below. L'Agent definitely is evocative of Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon. L'Agent immediately brings to mind the dragon lady in Eddie Murphy's '86 movie The Golden Child.

L'Agent leads with myrrh resin, patchouli and labdanum right out of the bottle. Warm, rich, sweet breath that is mysteriously incensed. Musk and rose are elevated by geranium and subtle pepper in the heart. A beautiful low-balance combination of seductive florals is then presented with osmanthus and ylang-ylang being the most discernable.

The drydown saunters hauntingly with tendrils of femme-fatale vapor. Where Cartier's fragrance is liquorous, fortifying and almost masculine-strong and comforting, L'Agent is decidedly about the wiles of a vamp provocateur.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Blind buy at discount store for $20-and believe me, it was totally worth it. I was a little apprehensive because with AP fragrances it seems to be love/hate thing for lot of people but this is gorgeous. Its smoky slightly powdery incensy sort of rose, with some oriental spices. I usually don't like spicy orientals so it has to be done the right way and this is.
I only sprayed once when I opened it and tested it at home and I lasted about 3-4 hours on me. I think it will last longer if I layered it and sprayed it several times.
This is very sexy full bodied scent-not for wall flowers

lapioggianelpineto1977
lapioggianelpineto1977

sacred and profane at the same time, this is how you'll feel wearing this. The incense and myrrh are strong but they will soon mellow into a sexy musk, amber and rose. I love it, it is to me a modern interpretation of the orientals. Surprisingly thou it doesn't seem to last on me as long as all the other fragranticans mentioned.

Chicagobelle

This fragrance gave me an immediate kick of mild spicy and woodsy scents blanketed with Roses...very unique perfume with great longevity. A little goes a long way. As someone who usually stays safe when it comes to perfumes, this fragrance was initially outside of my norm but I love that it challenged my senses. I'm definitely adding this to my want list! I think this is a romantic head-turning perfume.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Very special fragrance. I bought it 3 years ago from London and now, I bought it at a very special price from Strawberrynet. Very feminine, sensual, original and sexy! It is a very long-lasting fragrance and the final notes are simply divine...

pipergirl
pipergirl

This comes across as more powdery than smoky on me. I get more creamy rose than incense to the point where at first I thought that I was trying the original Agent Provocateur. This is definitely a pretty and unique fragrance. The dry down reminds me a little bit of a rose scented Dior Addict with a hint of..tea. Yep, I have no idea where that tea note is coming from..or the Dior Addict comparison for that matter. But that is how L'Agent has struck me on this initial test.

At any rate, this is not an overtly sexy fragrance but there is absolutely a naughty quality about it that is undeniable. Decent longevity.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

Whilst there are some great notes in L'agent I have to agree with the previous review that the quality of the ingredients is not great and therefore the whole symphony has gone flat. It does have a dark, melancholic aspect. It is as though old spicy florientals like Shalimar, Opium and Youth Dew went to a funeral together and then got drunk in a cheap bar. There they got all maudlin about the old days . They don't make em like they used to.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I like the first hour when there are creamy florals to complement the woody patchouli spice notes.

But the dry down smells a little bit cheap, or thin somehow. I think there are synthetic woody notes in this, also a dusty/mouldy patchouli, but that might just be me, since I'm a bit sensitive to patchouli

In this case you get what you pay for, and it is good value for the price, definitely.

It does have a spicy warm feel with hints at Shalimar's smoke, and Obsession's spicy musk. If A.P. had just splashed out on high quality woods and musk I'd have been very happy, but as it is, to me it's not worth buying.

Save up for another month and buy Cartier's Le Baiser du Dragon if you want warm spicy/musky wood

Eynat
Eynat

WARNING: Not for every woman. If you like the dirtiness and darkness of Paloma Picasso (Black) and you like the sharpness and scream of Agent Provocateur Agent Provocateur for women, then L’Agent is for you. It’s sexy, dark, deep, and dirty in a naughty way. It screams power and desire of a strong woman. I would recommend it for the night time, unless you’re a daredevil like me and you want to wear it all day long. It’s not offensive at all, but it is for a woman that can carry herself in a certain authoritative way. All in all, this was the best fragrance blind buy that I ever made.

hanson26
hanson26

Well it appears that my review has been deleted, and I really don't know why, so I guess I'll try to re-phrase it. I love orientals, and I love the bottle, so.. I blind bought it. Probably not the smartest idea but oh well, life is short. Anyway, I do like it but I don't love it. To me it smells like a melange of dark, oriental perfumes. It is not a heavy sillage bomb I just think it has too much going on at once. It's balmy, smokey, resinous, woody, floral, and a bit spicy all at once. Almost like a mix between Black Orchid and Opium (and perhaps a dash of Youth Dew). It's not as strong or heavy as any of those, it just seems to have elements of all three of those. Nefaria's review is spot-on. I've never described a perfume as ghostly before, but this one really is! Maybe because it's so dark but also kind of airy at the same time? I don't know, but I actually like it a lot just for that really dark feeling it has, if not so much for the scent itself. I see this recommended a lot as a good incense perfume, well it's definitely a good one to try if you like incense, but this is not pure incense at all.

Edit: I'm changing my mind about this, sometimes too much can be great! I'm really loving it now, it's a bit challenging so give it some time if you don't like it right away.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

L’Agent is a deep, resinous, ceremonial incense. It’s majestic, even stately, and beautifully dark like a coven of noble young witches and powerful priestesses standing tall, and chanting in unison around a sacrificial altar. It is definitely the dominatrix of the brand — powerful, potent, completely in control.

It’s beguilingly simple — mostly incense, myrrh, a hint of abstract flowers (mainly jasmine and tuberose on me in the dry-down), and a touch of tonka for the perfect depth — but the way all these notes are put together and progress in unison is gorgeous in its strangeness. It is deeply smoky, luxuriously languid, and time seems to slow down when I wrap myself around in its plume, like a cool, black, glistening mink coat over naked skin.

I've been wearing this a few days now, and I am so impressed. I cannot believe that a small lingerie brand can be so courageous as to come up with scent after scent of intoxicating beauty, quality and uncompromising originality — I have so much respect for Agent Provocateur! And once again, they’ve surprised me. AP, please don’t ever stop!

Nefaria
Nefaria

Don't get fooled by the pinkish bottle of L'Agent - this fragrance is not for the faint-hearted little girls. My boyfriend hates it and says it smells "old lady". I'd jokingly say it smells more like a dead lady (in a good way, I love the darker style). Dry, smoky, gloomy, maybe even ghostly. If someone asked me "what should I wear to a funeral", this would be my first recommendation.
I'm a sucker for longevity and sillage, and L'Agent definitely met my expectations.
I love it, well deserved spot on my favorites shelf. :)

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

L'Agent has to be my favorite A.P. fragrance thus far. As one who has a weakness for woody, smoky, sultry scents, this one definitely hit the spot for me. It is womanly - not girly - seductive and sensual. There is no fruit and sugary sweetness here! It is an intriguing fragrance that evokes imagery of some sort of royal harem thick with intoxicating smoke and incense. Indeed, I have yet to come across another fragrance that is anything like it. If you like complex, unusual fragrances with a strong woody and resin heart, give this one a try!
composition: 10/10
longevity: 8/10
silage: 7-8/10

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

L'Agent Agent Provocateur - I have been wearing this for two weeks now. At first spray it reminded me of Illamasque Freak but it is not the same, just similar in two of the main notes. The similarity comes in because of its intense myrrh and incense. The rest of the ingredients defines this scent and sets it apart. L’Agent is a powdery grenade with a spicy and woody entrance. As it settles myrrh and the incense becomes noticeable. I have come to love the powdery effect of this particular scent. It is almost as if clouds of the scents surrounds like an invisible layer…think agent girl who sprays this invincible layer of protection and that can go out and kick some butt. Powerful yet soft (feminine) at the same time because of the powdery effect; the Tonka bean lingers adding layers as the dry down continues.

Longevity is strong
Sillage is moderate to heavy depending on application(men seem to love this scent)

KateAnette
KateAnette

I've always wondered about "the smoky note" people are referring to in reviews. I've only tried one perfume where I immediately realized it's "smoky", Lutens Santal Majuscule. That one was straight up forest fire on my arm, I had to make sure I had water in hand in case I burst up in flames. I wasn't too fond of it.

L'agent is a different kind of smoky. To be honest, I didn't know what incense, myrrh or labdanum smells like, so didn't know what to expect.
Yes, smoky. No forest fire here though, thankfully. It's a different kind of smoke. I've never been to a church that burns incense, but I know the church smells like this. Holy smoke? Lol. So yes, churchy and gothic, melancholic.
This does what no perfume has done before, it paints a mental picture in my head of times long gone. My thoughts went from "wow this is too much of everything" to "this is so not me" to "this is awesome! Maybe it is me..?" Not sure when or where I could wear this, but I'm happy to have a bottle to sniff and spray, even if only on evenings home alone.

Agent Provocateur keeps surprising me. Sexy perfumes? No, I don't find any of the ones I've tried sexy.
Maitresse is a feminine, powdery and soft comfort scent.
Eau Emotionnelle is clean and fresh.
L'agent is indeed smoky, heady, masculine, and weird - in a good way.
I'm a fan.

degauss
degauss

The bottomline is that it's a beautifully cloying scent, well-blended and addictive.
Because I'm a monster, clearly, I could do with even more patchouli and an overall darker character. And some earthy, bittersharp root would make it truly flawless. Will try some layering for that, but as is, I still quite enjoy it. A successful blind-buy, if there ever was one.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Deep smoky gothic perfume. The incense is the dominant note which gives a depth and a promising dry down. It is very very long lasting and unusual. You will not be disappointed if you like orientals in general. The bottle is very nice and reminds me of real porcelain. Try it!!!

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

I am IN LOVE!!!! This is the best perfume I have had the pleasure of wearing in a long time.

My quest for good quality, long lasting sensory fragrances has brought me back round to the brand and I have not been disappointed. I received Petal Noir yesterday(see my review)and was literally blown away on first sniff of L'Agent this morning. Even my teenage daughter loved it!!

It's my new signature scent!!!

lily13ana
lily13ana

Iam disapointed. I can barely feel it and what I feel is something soapy in a bad way. maybe it will change. It stays close to skin. I want to like it, maybe i will learn to.

Lola_a
Lola_a

I'm still trying to find the right amount of this to put on, one spray fades before the end of the day, but too many gives me a headache. This is a beast if your not careful. And I have to admit, I hate the top notes, thank goodness they fade, the dry down is AWESOME though! Smokey and soft and sweet.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smells so smoky and sensual and lasts forever on the skin

astrogenic
astrogenic

Blather aside, this is a great perfume. It has a strong personality, but is oddly fuzzy and easy to get along with. Don’t be alarmed by its initial burst of magnificent spices. Even I am not entirely accustomed to its divine richness, for I am only a feeble human. After some time, it settles into a balmy, smoky, spicy haze that envelops its wearer in a mysterious and sexual aroma. Oh yes, an honorary angel draped in scandalous leather you will become.

This one may beckon you to overspray its intoxicating juices, but I assure you that’s not necessary. I am guilty of bathing so heavily in it that I suddenly realized I couldn’t smell anything at all. There’s no need to suffocate everyone around you, and we’re representing heaven’s army now, so try to be considerate.

Soutty123
Soutty123

This smells wonderful combined with Sensuous Noir by Estee Lauder.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Agent Provocateur L’Agent
The goth in me loves all the religious symbolism associated with myrrh and labdanum. They are ingredients for worshipping at an altar. They are dark, exotic, heavy, mysterious resins whose essences may hold the key to the ancient mysteries, which is why they are always burning in temples. When I enter a church, I imagine the plumes of smoke whispering these secrets to me; cleansing me, sanctifying me, preparing me to enter The Silence.

This fragrance, from this house, with these ancient mysterious resins, makes me believe that the creator wants me to worship at the TEMPLE OF LOVE. I once heard a modern mystic say that if you pray for true love, you should also pray for reverence and perseverance because you’re going to need it because true love is not for the weak; neither is this perfume. This is not the perfume for a fickle fleeting lust, or some erotic indulgence, this is anointing oil for a serious and sacred sacrament in the ancient mysteries.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I like this but i pull it out of my collection and then sniff ..again..then i hate...this is a love hate passionate
/passive/aggressive/spice affair...weird :) !

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

For me, L'Agent was a blind buy, because there was no place in the Netherlands I could test her beforehand. It turned out for the good.
I love my dark and mysterious perfumes, I'm not afraid of masculine perfumes every now and then, but I also love the vampy big Opiums and Coco's.
L'Agent fits in all of those categories. She's a dark, incensy rose perfume with an oriental vibe, but not too sweet.
She starts out rather sharp and raspy, with a very dry peppery rose, it almost makes me sneeze, and a lot of smoky incense. This could definitely be unisex.
But after the dry opening, the fragrance starts to sweeten up, the rose becomes more fruity, almost like rose jam. There's the ylang-ylang and the fruits. Underneath I smell the resins that give this perfume that sweet oriental touch, without the usual ambery or vanilla suspects. Yes, I smell amber in this, but it's not too dominant. Instead, all of the time there's that airy incense wafting through.
This is why I absolutely love this perfume. To me she's feminine with a masculine touch, oriental but unlike any other oriental, and she has a naughty darkness that speaks to me in layers.
Gorgeous!

curvealert
curvealert

Despite the fact that it's mid-late August, for some reason the smells of the Orient are beckoning me. I've clearly had enough of lightweight citruses and want to smell of something substantial and womanly.

I managed to get hold of L'Agent for a song, and what a bargain! This smells gorgeous and sexy, and a lot more expensive than even the normal retail price. There are a few so-called niche scents that aspire to smell like this but don't achieve the same balance of smoky/spicy/balmy/floral/sweet. It's not very original, but I don't care if it's well made and it doesn't disappear on me after 45 minutes like so many perfumes do. Think Coco gone goth!

Perfect for nights out, definitely one for late autumn/winter and a reminder for me that I don't always have to spend a fortune on a fume.

Desertedbeach
Desertedbeach

Can I tell you how long I have been searching for a perfect incense scent? This is the closest I have got, along with Passage D'Enfer. But whereas Passage is a sparkly, airy, dry incense (with damned awful longevity on me) this is a dark, demon of an incense frag. I really wasn't expecting the incense to be so strong on me. I was ready for all the other notes but I'm thrilled that it is the incense that sings so loudly. It actually smells not too far away from Avignon - more complicated I would say as Avignon is a very straight churchy incense on me. Plus I would hesitate to wear Avignon during the summer whereas this isn't so Christmassy. This has a thicker, almost treacly base, there is something very deep about t.

I love it. So pleased I bought it. It was a blind buy, based on the incense reviews on here and I'm thrilled I took the risk.

Now where's my whip...

orchid_84
orchid_84

L'Agent is a deep, dark and smoky fragrance meant for a confident and seductive woman, no doubt. This is a mix of dark, herbal florals, dirty patchouli, and musky woods. Of the AP fragrances I've tried, I find this to be one of the more enticing ones. At times however, the smokiness in L'Agent can lean a little too much towards a sooty scent on my skin - a bit like cigarette smoke.

I find L'Agent to be in the same vein as Sonoma Scent Studio Ambre Noir, but I do prefer the latter. Both fragrances are sultry incense-amber concoctions, with a dark rose smoldering in the background. However, the Sonoma Scent offering is warmer and smoother on my skin. Ambre Noir has fewer flowers and more wood, and the smokiness is more reminiscent of a bonfire than of cigarettes. L’Agent reads as slightly more old-world, with a more floral and aldehydic vibe about it. Even though it's not the best fit with my chemistry, I think this is a must-try from the AP line...especially if you enjoy smoky and seductive florientals.

samloves
samloves

OMG I love this perfume. I tried it on the other day and after about half an hour I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist but unfortunately I didn't know which Agent Provocateur it was. I knew with such a strong fragrance it wouldn't be too difficult to find out which one it was!! (thanks Fragrantica) It is like being in a church with all the myrrh & incense, divine. The dry down has a lot of vanilla in it yet there is a very masculine vibe to it. The low down, I wouldn't purchase as a blind buy, its an either love or hate kinda perfume. I love to smell different and this is very different. Its totally intoxicating . I can't wait for it to arrive, got a 100ml eau de parfum for 33 quid bargain!!!

dormir6
dormir6

Fantastic!!!! It was a blind buy and the first blast of it was really masculine; the niche, oud parfumery way. Don't be frightened, after a while it becomes an absolutly feminine fume. Strong, but soft, like a fluffy blanket around you front of the blazing light of the mantelpiece. It full of everything, every good things, resinous, (wall)nutty, deep. Cognac in a well cut glass. Ligth of candles. Total wellbeing, rich automn. Leathery chocolate, not very sweet but the tase in your mouth after eating alcohol filled luxury chocolate. And in the depth of richness you can smell the light and kind heart of the woman. The tender fairy hidden in this smoky, balmy composition. Really, really niche quality, unique.
It is as rich as Dior Addict, as spicy and warming like Organza Indecence but not similar to them. It has all the warmth a woman can treat herself or specialy picked others. Some of you may find this kind of richness too much at once but it's just really like a feast!!! A secret feast where only the choosen ones can get acces :-)

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

At first, this hit me over the head with a musty, leather floral plume like a cloud of fragrant dust. Once I got it out of my throat and gave it some time to settle down, the incense-y earthy scent came forward and left a cozy blanket over my skin with a hint of sweetness from the amber wrapped leather. Very unique but with familiar elements, this is a must experience... if only once in your fragrant life.

rednut
rednut

Spicy and strong, smokey and dark but unlike some of the other reviews, I don't find it masculine at all. The incense, pachouli and sandalwood are fairly promenant on me when it dries down. It is very powerful when first sprayed - very peppery- but after about half an hour it does become much less so but don't get me wrong, people will smell you for hours. It's a sexual rather than a sensual perfume. I love it.

truffles
truffles

Hmm, I sampled this today and after a while it did remind me slightly of YSL Opium - spicy. Overall, I find this fragrance slightly 'meh'. I prefer the original AP. I also had a sniff of Petale Noir in John Lewis and found that far too flowery. I think it must have been the new 'Eau' one that I found a card in my bag for and loved last time.
Finding this new plethora of AP's quite confusing!

Daisy1925
Daisy1925

I didn't like this one. Too smoky for me. Someone said that it reminded them of Arpege but I don't see the comparison. Noses are different, I guess. C'est la vie. It wasn't offensive just bland. It reminded me of so many other perfumes out there, namely Shakira's Elixir. That's okay. It's just nothing special, IMO.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This is a very interesting explosion of strong, spicy and balmy aromas! It makes me relax, as I like strong scents and patchouli... ;)

It's like a dark-leather-chocolate version of the original Agent Provocateur. Although there's no chocolate in it, it reminds me of Thierry Mugler's A*Men or Angel chocolate drydown.

For sure this is sexy. And it is a statement!
I think it can make you stronger.

DeborahKimB
DeborahKimB

I tried it two weeks ago. The bottle is quite nice, but the perfume itself is horrible! It made me literally sick! It was very disappointing, because it looked like it was a nice scent, but - never thought I would say someting like this, because normally most scents don't last long on my skin - way to overwhelming and powerfull! When I wore it for about 4 hours it started to get nice, but before that moment it was just too much...

la louve
la louve

Love --- Loove --- Looove !!! Now I have over 300 perfumes... but this is my BIG LOVE! It´s so beee-witching! My signature scent... <3 LOVE from Louve ! ;-)

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

love this scent, very sensual and feminine. will be one of my favorites

hollycat
hollycat

I figured I would review this now considering I can never wear this perfume again. Im having a reaction to it. Something that has never happened to me before. I just feel dizzy and my eyes are burning. This happened the first time I tried it and I thought it was just a coincidence. But now I know its the perfume.

Anyway as a consolation, it smells good. Just cant wear it again. At first spritz I smell Ylang very prominent, then as it drys down I get a dry mix of myrhh, amber and incense. A bit of a churchy vibe but not in a bad way.

It reminds me of Kenzo Jungle Elephant without the vanilla. Glad I dont love this as I can never wear this again.

Oh, and the sillage and longevity are powerful.

Elenitsa8784
Elenitsa8784

Can't wait to smell it in Rome, as I can't find it here in Norway ! I don't want to be disappointed....

JGiordano25
JGiordano25

I was very intrigued by the description and composition of this scent but also recognized that it has such intensity and conflicting opinions that I needed to purchase a sample and not make a blind buy. Upon first whiff of the sample, I was not feeling it, it just hit me as rather flat woody and incense notes. However, this is a more complex scent once it hits the skin. On my skin, I get more of a powdery and clean smell with a hint of mystery and intrigue from the musky combination of incense, sandalwood, myrhh, and amber. Those are the dominant notes to me although as it fades there is more vanilla scent. This perfume is growing on me but it does not drive me wild like I thought it would. I keep thinking that it needs something more, perhaps I’d like it more if it had a stronger dose of vanilla. This is a classy and sophisticated scent and it feels a little out of my age range (I’m in my late twenties) but I am going to save this for occasional use, it’s a unique niche perfume to own but I can’t see myself wanting to wear this consistently.

cinsot
cinsot

This Powder Bomb is a superbly girly interpretation of a full-throttle spice missile.

A sensual musk underscores the petite explosion of herbs and spices; robust flowers complement daintier petals creating an accomplished masterwork.

House-signature rose is the vessel used to house the excitable contents of this tempting torpedo.

Ripe and lively, L'Agent commands scrutiny. Love her or loath her you will not ignore her. Yet another bewitching offering from Agent Provocateur.

I must confess I have an inclination towards this brand so I may be a tad biased!

Stronger than the original Agent Provocateur. But it smells similar enough.

As a big fan of the original one, I love it for sure!!! I even prefer it to the original one.

Great job!

Ouch!
Ouch!

What a sexbomb of a perfume! This perfume is extremely multi layered when it is first applied. Tons of powerful flowers vying for attention.... tuberose, powdery rose and sharp geranium..., a hit of extra powder too creates a very in-your-face opening! This perfume holds a dark secret though, it’s a vixen! Because when it dries this turn into a huge resinous floral masterpiece! Labdanum, Myrhh and incense make for a dark, sinister almost masculine fragrance. This is a woman with a whip staring you down! Absolutely gorgeous!

This has some hella lasting power on me, and I use it as an occasion fragrance, this is definitely not an everyday kinda thing. This has punch and kicks ass...what a shocker! I first smelled this on a friend on Halloween and could smell her the entire night and all the way home on the bus at 4.00 in the morning. I HAD to get myself some and glad I did.

The pink and black packaging with the leather tag fits perfectly. It starts out as a dusky yet powerful floral, and then turns dark and BAM....you’re hooked!

BTQ
BTQ

Very disappointing frag-experience. I received a sample and thought, oh, so special, so sophisticted and alluring! The smell had an almost textile-like quality to it and I also liked the incense-leathery note and the couple of flowers. Even then though, I found sillage and longevity a bit weak. Nonetheless I shot me a bottle on eB** and (I'm sure it's not a fake and obviously not too old since the release was 2011) it just didn't smell all that good anymore :(. Suddenly I sniffed a weak mentholy bitter chocolate and it was just not my cup of tea this time. Weird, but sometimes a little sample vial makes a fragrance look better than the actual bottle.
Anyways, I sold it.

miss mills
miss mills

Just received a sample of this - BAM! An out and out whisky/bourbon shot to the nose opening, then the hottest and headiest incense & patchouli give way to sandalwood, sweet vanillary amber and sex musk, yup, what else can I possibly call it. This smells like the aftermath of hot sex. I have to own this. Addictive, sultry, obsession in its early beginnings, the madness of lust, it's all right here in this bottle. If this was a sun sign, it would be Scorpio all the way.
Edit - the morning after the first spritz of L'Agent and there is the most deliciously sweet and seductive musk, rose and sandalwood dry down left on my wrist. More of the floral than I could detect last night, L'Agent divine...

I really love Agent Provocateur as a perfume house. Every fragrance of theirs is dense and unique. L'Agent by Agent Provocateur takes sexy to a whole new level.

L'Agent is an oriental with a hint of masculinity. It opens with an array of exquisite spices, resins and smouldering red rose. It's quite a mysterious fragrance, with a darkness you might not expect. In other words, L'Agent is a tiger, not a kitten.

The original Agent Provocateur is not an easy crowd pleaser, and neither is L'Agent. I personally find it quite powerful, assertive and seductive. However, some might consider it too strong or too androgynous. Following that thought, men could wear this scent with ease.

L'Agent is complex and bold. You really have to appreciate dark, spicy fragrances in order to enjoy L'Agent. A thick blend of patchouli, rose, pink pepper, labdanum and amber makes up the heart of this fragrance, with a smoky, vanillary incense accord signalling the drydown.

I find it tempting with its sultry nature, although it's not something I would wear every day. It would make an excellent choice for a cold, Winter's night. I also wouldn't rule out pairing L'Agent with a see-through negligee to entice your lover.

Agent Provocateur as a brand may have sexy written all over it, but it's also a brand of quality. The longevity of L'Agent is superb, as is the rather strong projection. This fragrance has my personal tick of approval.

trueblue19
trueblue19

Smoky, rich, deep, erotic and mysterious, this will make a man swoon at your feet without even being flirty. It's the scent of a real modern sex goddess, and she wears dark power suit (not the 80s style! and of course with AP lingerie inside), not just a pink bikini. Unlike Opium or some other challenging ones, L'Agent doesn't scream spices to become an oriental masterpiece since the patchouli, sandalwood and resins are so well blended. I especially love the tonka bean which prevent the scent from falling into a mess of stuffy incense with a hint of sweetness. L'Agent is decent and serious enough to be worn to work yet versatile enough to give top performance in one's boudoir. It could make a good scent for man but would become spectacular on the right woman. I thoroughly enjoy it from beginning to end. Definitely the best of AP.

Update: Now after nearly 7 hours, the musk in the dry down is simply DIVINE.

Whit
Whit

This was a Christmas present from my hubby and it was actually a blind purchase. I hadn't sampled it so I had no idea what it smelled like. I just want to say that I'm fast becoming a fan of AP frags; I only own two but they are gorgeous!

This starts off kinda peppery and it's very strong at first, so strong that you think "Oh no, I don't know about this!" But it settles rather quickly, at least on me, into this smoky, incensy, slightly powdery aroma. I think this one is sexier and darker than the original; a great perfume for going to out on the town. This one is definitely not for the introverted, so have some confidence when you wear it. I got moderate longevity (around 6 hrs) and sillage out of it; the original actually lasts quite a bit longer on my skin, but L'Agent is still a beautiful, mysterious scent. As others have noted, this could easily be a unisex scent because of the myrrh, sandalwood and patchouli. Very nicely done!

soonflower
soonflower

Smoky
Woody
Spicy
Dark fragrance

It's not a sexy-kitty kind of perfume.
It's a perfume for strong, self-confident woman.

Think it would smell fantastic on a man.

Another great Agent.

Massacura6
Massacura6

Love all the AP fragrance , got to have this one .

Violettera
Violettera

Sex in a bottle. I want to smell it all the time. I cannot keep my nose away from my wrist. Sometimes I spray my self just to feel good. Although it doesn't stay long on my skin, it's so complex and mysterious that it's pure aromatherapy! Love it!

persefoni
persefoni

Oh my! This is just wonderful!! Lots of pepper, incense, patchouli and myrrh!! Amazing! I'm so happy wearing it, it makes the perfect winter essence - a magnificent oriental, with impressive sillage and duration as well as beautiful evolution on the skin....

Ideal for chilly or bittercold days, and very festive like Organza Indecence, AA Winter Delice by Guerlain, Arabie, Rousse and Ambre Sultan by SL, Ambre Soie by GA, Youth Dew and Cinnabar by EL, KL by Lagerfeld, Le Tigre and Jungle Elephant by Kenzo, Opium and Nu by YSL, Python by Trussardi, Theorema by Fendi, Obsession by CK, Christobal by Ballenciaga and Clinique's Aromatic Elixir! * i'm sure i've omitted some...

Vamy69
Vamy69

Beautiful incense! This is a smoldering bottle oozing with sex appeal. Dark, mysterious, bombshell! A fall and winter must! I love love love this!!! I think it blows the original Agent out of the water! Excellent projection and lasting power as well. A little goes a long way. I think anyone wearing this will surely have a line of people drooling and following them everywhere!!!

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

My skin usually seems to bring out any vanilla and spice notes in a fragrance, which is lucky since vanilla and spice are my favorite scents. L'Agent starts off intensely spicy with a huge cinnamon note, and dries down to a woody musk with a hint of pink rose, still retaining some of the original spice--just more toned down. This is so good, I might just have to get a second bottle in case it gets discontinued.

It's kind of interesting how so many people think this perfume is either sexy, or "too masculine", or "old lady".

As for L'Agent being sexy: it is. But it would be the sort of thing a woman would wear in order to FEEL sexy and not a smell that would actually atract the oposite sex. Men might be scared off by it, because it has too much presence and personatity--most men I know are atracted to women who's clothes, makeup, and hairstyle are all low-key, non-threatning, and very conventional. Anything high-fashion, quirky, or statement-making is just too much for them. They might like strong women, but they don't like the clothes they wear. I'm not saying that's true about all men, just a lot of the straight men I know, so please don't accuse me of being sexist.

busik
busik

Damn, and I think what smells? and that is the heated whiskey half with valerian and pepper, thanks Elizabet, but it would have been wondering what that smell, unnecessarily smell of whiskey could not imagine anywhere else! That's the sixth hour sitting, sniffing, and when whiskey evaporate, and they like fume, will not evaporate. Well, well, we'll see!
Damn, already 5:00 am, one whiskey, "John vokers" red! Already leaning that smacks unisex. Or men should bite on the "familiar" smell? Kill, expect the best!

Majja67
Majja67

Sorry to al you lovers of this scent, to me it was HORRIBLE!!!!! I love scents like TM Angel, Shalimar, Flowerbomb and Kenzo Amour le Parfum so i thought i was gonna love this one based on the notes! It smells like burnt rubber and tar to me, bleeehhh!! Thought my Gothic me would go hand in hand with this, but no! Think it must be the lack of sweetnes that makes this scent appearing like a big black darkness to me! Angel, here i come!!

annski
annski

Just unboxed this one - it was a blind buy!
L'Agent has an interesting start - very sharp and as Steveniox mentioned, it reminds me a lot of Black Orchid. Is it just me, or do I smell notes of chocolate? Or am I mistaking it for something else?
Anyway, it's very unisex. I would enjoy to smell this one on a man. L'Agent is really smoke-y and incense-y.

It is not love at smell, but hopefully it will grow on me.

steveniox
steveniox

This was actually quite a pleasant (and complex!) surprise for me. Upon application, my nose put this with the opening of Black Orchid, just sharper and slightly more synthetic-smelling. I wasn't put off by this, but I couldn't help but think it was a slightly cheaper representation. But then, as this passes, the musk comes to the fore, fading out the chocolate-fruity opening, mixed with a *slight* powdery floral. Strange considering the amount of floral notes in the juice... I couldn't detect individual flowers in there, but there was certainly a powdery scent underlying the sensual musk. I actually quite liked this stage and it lasted for a good few hours. Then as it dries down further, the musk is still there, quietening down, before settling to this almost church-like incense; dark, thick and gothic. All these transitional stages left me perplexed and ultimately quite enamoured with this perfume. Sillage is discreet, but longevity so far seems to be superb.

sweetgirl

love this out of my stash....smoky...rich and..a very lasting scent, vanilla , cinnimon tones..inscense...amazing....great night scent..with a light spray...almost unisex...beyonce heat should have been this! love!

dbrii24
dbrii24

If L'Agent is a trip to the smoky dark side then sign me up!! This is one of my favorite fragrances! I can't tell you how womanly, sexy and empowered I feel when I wear it. It's such an intriguing, sultry and enticing ride. The fragrance opens very sharp and hits you with a uniform blast of delicious pink pepper, incense, angelica and myrrh. It is strong in the beginning but as it wears it transitions into an INTRIGUING, smoky and sexy composition. The woman who wears this is well aware and secure with her sexuality. She doesn't have to flaunt it because it's blatantly obvious to everyone around her. I love this fragrance!! It is definitely worth more than a try. Incense lovers will rejoice..I am and always will! Agent Provocateur, I salute you!

This one is Uni-sex! A lot of Patchouli and Insence at start - almost male'ish. Softens down to a deep uni-sex-scent with great caracter. Patchouli, Insence, Sandalwood is what I can smell most of. No sugarsweet flowernotes, no sugarsweet fruitnote , so this is not for a young woman, I think. L'agent is perfect to have layer on layer with other flowersweet scents, I tried Marc Jacobs Woman - and it turns out WOOW....The dark sides of L'agent softens down light and sweet flowernotes in other perfumes and the mix is great!

Detta är en Uni-sex! Massor av djup Patchouli och rökelse i starten - nästan lite manlig. Mjuknar ner till en djup Uni-sex-doft med härlig karaktär. Patchouli, Rökelse och Sandelträ är det jag känner mest av. Inga sockersöta blomnoter och inga sockersöta fruktiga noter, varför jag tror att denna inte passar på en yngre kvinna. Ett kap för karriärskvinnan!! Jag testade L'agent som lager på lager med Marc Jacobs Woman, söt blommig parfym -och resultatet blev helt enastående bra.. Denna dämpar ljusa, blommiga dofter med sin mörka bas och mixen blir suverän!

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

Oh my! Diors Hypnotic Poison has been knocked off my top fragrance spot! L'agent has stolen my heart...and possibly any trace of innocence I may have had left! I liked the first AP fragrance and was on the lookout for something new in The Perfume Shop. I saw this beautiful bottle and asked to try it on my skin as i remember the first fragrance was completely different on skin than on card.
I let this settle and had a sniff "oh no that's strange, very dark" the lady then stated "it's much spicier than the first one isn't it?" I decided to leave it, continue looking around. Yet I could not stop smelling this on my wrist mmm... my mind very quickly changed, this beauty just gets better and better as time goes on, so sultry, dark and temptuous.
At first smell it is almost masculine, strong, not what you would expect from the pink bottle but more the grey/black it fades into. it changes quite quickly, the way it melts into the skin is to die for! It is then you realise just how much the scent does match the bottle, the contrast of ingredients works so well, like a dream! I have never smelt something so good in my life, the way that distinctive smokey rose from the first fragrance plays with the sandalwood and osmanthus! It is like a layer of sexiness for your skin, it has a wood, insence (but not overbearing due to the florals) leathery quality to it yet remains ultra feminine due to the rose and the ylang ylang. It apparently also contains pheromones which really would not surprise me, I feel very minx like wearing this and my boyfriend loves it too!
Do not be afraid of the patchouli and musks this fragrance is really not "old lady like" the musk is smooth, although it does have a maturity to it, I would say ladies aged around 21 and to well above. In my opinion this is timeless and could never lose it's sensual qualities.
I don't like overly sweet or sharp tangy scents, I really like the smell of nuts most notable brazil nuts and almonds, I like powdery vanilla and sandalwood scents. As I have said Dior's Hypnotic Poison was my all time favourit scent for 4 nearly 5 years for the almond quality and how different it is to other scents, this has outdone HP for me it is so sultry and different, I also have the body lotion and I want the other products in the L'agent range including the solid version. Gorgeous scent and a new signature for me as I just want to wear it all the time even though it is very much for the evening!
It is expensive but not the worst price and it is very long lasting, the bottle, although it is beautiful, the ring pull to stop it spraying in your bag pulls the cap off so you have to be careful, I think i would prefer a lid.

AveParfum
AveParfum

L'Agent surprised me in a very good way. At first I thought it was quite spicy, almost a copycat of Opium. I'm glad I continued to wear it because the spice really wore off. It became a balmy, sultry scent that seemed to melt perfectly into my own chemistry and become part of me. This perfume is pure seduction. It reminds me of those classic other-worldly perfumes with incense and resins like Chanel No. 22, Ciara, and Opium, but L'Agent is completely modern and updated. It's not nice to call perfumes "old lady," but trust me, nobody will be calling you "old lady" or "old fashioned" with this one. If you are into scents that capture the dark of the night and all of its illusions and mysticism, give L'Agent a chance. It will not disappoint.

ashyashy
ashyashy

It smells strong from tghe spray and my guy friends said it almost smell a bit too "man" and agressive. But i like it cause it fits my persaonlity, but i cant imagine this one a soft-looking office lady with pink dress going out at nights with this. it is more like a perfume for strong-looking woman.

yacoco
yacoco

للبيع شبه جديد

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

A "sexbomb" that starts its seduction with an opening of naughty, smoky rose that settles into an unusually well created harmony of notes.

A pandoras-box of scents that are intermingling into a wonderful fragrance.
Powdery (but NOT baby-powdery!) the powdery is a smokey floral with amber and sandalwood playing very nice with the other floral notes and creating a highly seductive mood, a persistent patchouli that lingers and a slight peppery note that adds to its sultriness.

Very sexy, very WOW. The silage is great: -large radius, be prepared to be noticed!- I can't stop smelling my wrists either when I wear this! It's true, this one is addictive. Love it!

I.I
I.I

This perfume transfers me to the Belle Epoche for some reason, it makes me feel like a cabaret diva, so fatale and desirable, everytime I'm wearing it!
And while it could be a man's perfume as well, it has a complitely feminine and literally DIVINE dry down, which shows up quickly and lasts for many many hours!
It has quite a harsh opening, a very woody middle stage, which truth is resembles to an aftershave a little, and the most mysterious, balmy, resinous and 'rosey' dry down that makes one sniff his/her arm again and again!
The last phase comes very quick.
What a strange perfume! Instead of opening with the sweet rose, it opens with the harsher notes and softens as time goes by, it REALLY takes my mind (and not only MY mind :D).
It's also a perfume that screams loudly 'Come and get me (or I'll come and get you actually)'! I mean...it delivers a CLEAR message that one can't ignore.
It's the most sensual perfume I've sniffed, along with VW Boudoir.
This makes it a little difficult to wear. IMHO it's mostly for special occasions. Fortunately its dry down would be suitable even for the morning.

Add: I ADORE this one. In my opinion, it's a gem and the best perfume of Agent Provotaceur (from those i've tried so far). It's a perfume with its own mysterious personality and character!

Mim
Mim

This is the best Agent Provocateur so far. It's the ultimate femme fatale scent: very balmy,rich and complex. It makes me feel so feminine. Very sensual and strong! I don't find it dark, however it is very seductive. I get lots of flower notes (ylang-ylang+tuberose) and amber. Incense is so sexy in this perfume and I wish I could smell more of it on me. Also, I detect very distinctive leather note (?!) with just a hint of patchouli to make things more serious.
This perfume truly is a love potion and if you take to much of it, you are going to be sick (so be careful how you handle it).

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

L'agent is a pink and black bomb ready to explode the moment you remove the pin and spray... immediately a totally woody cinnamon bark hits your nostrils, pungent and gorgeous, earthy and dark. At this point it completely resembles Rousse from S.Lutens. Later on the cinnamon bark turns into a spicy leather, soft, sexy, lingering for a long time even on me (and rarely anything lasts on my skin). The sillage is not strong, but potent enough. I cannot imagine anyone wishing to walk around on a cloud of L'Agent. I am now well into the middle notes, and still I cannot detect the flowers. None, with the exception of osmathus maybe... and some crushed geranium leaves. Patchouli is next in line to come, but still, a smoky, mellow insense floats above everything. The woods smell like lumber at this point. The amber is discrete; I don't love amber very much, because I find it chocking normally, like a spoonful of honey that lingers and goes slowly down the throat. But here it is subdued to the incense and woods. The drydown is soft and pleasant, I don't really smell powder in it, rather a nice sandalwood.
Personally I find this scent enchanting. Sexy, a little dirty, mysterious, crispy, dry, musky...
To sum it up, I could say this is a cinnamon-leather-woods combo, as these notes seem to dominate on my skin. It was a blind buy for me, and I don't regret it, I think this may be a keeper.

Linofrina
Linofrina

Totally different from what I imagined. Gorgeous scent, not so powdery and balmy as expected. My first impression was that it was a sharp, spicy flavour, which reminded me of mastic or ouzzo :))
After several minutes on my skin it softened and blossomed to show its powdery and mysterious side. Can't stop smelling my wrists.
Unfortunately, the scent disappears too quickly from me. I hope it will be more long-lasting in warmer weather.

susiemusic
susiemusic

I bought this perfume blind because I love Creed's Angelique Encens and it had so many notes in common with it. I have today tested them against each other, and they are like a sigh (AE) compared to a shout (L'A). You can just about tell they come from the same family, but one was brought up in high class circles, the other remained in lowly circumstances. However, I do like the poorer relation: it has character, depth and is not afraid to speak its mind - albeit in polite language. It has a definite smokiness and a hint of roses - not to be worn by the timid. I love strong personalities in perfume, and I will wear this when the occasion is right, however that will be less often than I would have worn its quieter cousin.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Glad I put them through a cross-examination on both wrists and found L'Agent to be rather different from the regular Agent Provocateur but they both obviously lie within one style. Yeah, L'Agent sounds also a bit strange, however there's no specific sharp musk of the first AP which gives a huge sillage but might be irritating so the L'Agent seems more wearable, with a more muffled introvert voice, sitting closer to/yet heavier on the skin, like an enveloping cocoon with a unisex feel.
Could be a great find for those who seek "something different" on luxe shelves.
Personally, I still prefer their "sexy light" league: Agent Provocateur Maitresse (I owned) and Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionnelle (I am planning to own some day). ...And for playing chess I would choose Ca Sent Beau Kenzo. :)) I must admit though that the bottle and the poster look stylish.

P.S. If you want this theme more pronounced, with greater sillage, get yourself a "shortcut": Narciso Rodriguez for Him, to blow one's mind...

sootica
sootica

I love this perfume it's so feminine and grown up and love the powdery scent reminds me of and evening out in 18th ballroom with lots of warmth and soft sweetness.
I have had neutral comments from my boyfriend (although he has trouble smelling scents unless they are really strong so doesn't catch all the subtle notes.)A couple of friends have said is a bit old lady, so I don't wear at present, but I really really love it and if it wasn't for those random comments, I would have found my signature scent!Beautiful, classic, not subtle, female.

duskangel101
duskangel101

I haven't tried any of the AP perfumes, personally I think I may be too young for them, but I noticed this one is twice the price of the original AP on ebay. Why?

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Very nice, though it took me a couple wearings to fully appreciate L'Agent. I still think the original Agent Provocateur scent is my favorite (or really, the Diamond Dust version of that one), but this one is next in line.

I was surprised to see L'Agent had so many floral notes in it. This one plays out as a soft, warm oriental on my skin, with incense, some kind of "spiced tea" accord and sandalwood the dominant notes. The florals don't really present themselves as discernible notes at all. Base notes are usually my favorite notes in a fragrance anyway, and this one is chock full of many of my favorites. The longevity was decent, and the sillage was like a warm sweater enveloping me in a fuzzy cloud. It brings to mind Jacomo Art Collection #08 more than AP's Strip. Very nice fragrance overall.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

I think this is an absolutely gorgeous scent, and to me smells exactly like how I would imagine a "woman" should smell like naturally. And it's certainly not like any other fragrance I've ever smelled before. It's also totally addictive. (I literally can't stop sniffing, trying to uncover it's exact charm). IMO it's a masterpiece, and a future classic in the making. And is without a doubt my favourite Agent Provocateur scent to date. (It's kicked "Strip" to second place). Personally I find it totally intoxicating and indeed very sexy, even subtle raunchy ! But not tacky in the least, it's rather sophisticated.
It's a real woman's scent, and one who knows her mind, and who will wear it with confidence to do it justice. Certainly not one for "girly" girls.
It's not particularly floral, nor anything else for that matter, it just smells of itself. Very distinctive and womanly ! And smells of utter class, good taste, and luxury.
It's got lovely sillage too. Trust me, if a gorgeous woman walked by redolent of this, she would certainly have my full attention. I'd have to succumb and follow her wherever she might lead me ......
~ (A fragrance perfect for Angelina Jolie !)

Bandit
Bandit

To me not like Nu, Habanita, Strip or any other mentionend.

It's overly sweet without much development (very modern construction), a little raunchy, but not real incensy on me. Very nutty. It smells like seduction. I don't find this one pleasant at all, I'm sorry. It lacks animal stink, which for me is the key to seduction, it's linear and cloying, but I absolutely get, what this aims to intend. I personally think, that there are nicer fumes for that purpose, but that'll do the trick. Nobody can misunderstand a woman wearing this perfume.

jadelove
jadelove

This is one you definately have to try on your skin. I originally smelt this on a card, and the result was completely different to when tested on my skin. The opening on my skin was smoky and woody, rather masculine in a way, but it was fleeting.

The next note I could smell absolutely ruins this fragrance for me. It is the incense. On my skin, the incense took over all the other notes. While I liked the eventual musky base (which is a deeper mature woody musk rather than the sweet sugary musk in Strip) it took a very long time (hours) to let go of the incense note. I don't know if I can wait that long not to smell like a new age store.

The fragrance is long lasting. The scent is strong, so not for the faint-hearted. The bottle is beautiful.

RkrChk
RkrChk

DresdenDoll said it so very succinctly...I'm not sure if it's the mix of the angelica with the tuberose in the opening, but oh, my! What a dreadful drydown this resulted on me! The sharp, indiscernible sour smelling note reminded me of men's stale aftershave...You know the kind...The kind that reminds you of a dirty old man who wears an overcoat to hide all his nasty intentions...As much as I love the AP line, this one is definitely a stinker on me...

Ms Koko
Ms Koko

Quite nice, a bit like Maitresse and Strip mixed together with a dash of the original AP thrown in for good measure. It is quite heady at first with a nice smoky dry down.

It smells rather familiar, like a mix of lots of other different perfumes. I find it quite nice but not special and would probably stick to the original AP or Strip instead.

TawnyMoon
TawnyMoon

Dark, sultry, heady, exotic and dangerous, I don't wear this often (its not for shrinking violets) but would bring out the devil even in good girls ;)

nela77
nela77

I love it!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was not what I was expecting. After application I gave it a minute to settle and then sniffed. Soft, musky, jasmine, incense and tuberose. But then there was something extremely sharp and unpleasant that was running rampant over the top of what would otherwise be quite a subtle and sensual perfume. Unfortunately, whatever this was only grew stronger as the fragrance wore, so that it began to smell like an old fashioned men's aftershave. I think the culprit might be the geranium, but either way, this sour note made it unwearable to me.

carolg
carolg

I love this fragrance; it is dynamic, kicking and screaming but soft and delightful. It is like Strip, it is like Rochas Femme, it is like Boudoir and Habanit and as someone said before; smells like so many other fragrances in my life that I have loved with a wonderful powerful kick !

I wish this were in pure perfume form too ! I love to layer my fragrances. I have been eagerly awaiting a replacement for Strip ie; audacity, sweetness, filth with sophistication that develops and lies down and settles to creamy comfort and this is IT ! I love AP and Vivienne Westwood fragrances.... it's a family thing and this thing they have is a wonderful creative talent for all things sensual !

eid-althani
eid-althani

wow sweet leathery smokey and suprisengly choclatey remindes me of other perf in this house called strip my rate is 10 out of ten luv it it realy realy good

Louw
Louw

Yuk! It reeks! And not in a good way. I love the original AP but so far, I haven't liked any of their other fragrances (with the possible exception of Maitresse which I have to admit is not bad). This is just awful, though - a wild and confusing concoction made up of amber, wood and musk notes that assault the nose. Really can't stand it, I'm afraid. It's certainly noticeable but apply with caution!

GingerFollie
GingerFollie

Wow. I mean . . . wow.

I was quite shocked by this perfume, in a lot of different ways, and though I absolutely never do such things, I bought a bottle within five minutes after sniffing it for the first time. I was that fascinated and taken with it.

It starts out on the bottle smelling like absinthe, and then quickly turns into a bittersweet, dry patchouli amandine very much like Le Baiser de Dragon, hit with an enormous amount of fleshy, creamy tuberose, a hint of the complex floral chypre of the original Agent Provocateur scent, and a Narciso Rodriguez-style musk, though without NR's characteristic lactonic sharpness.

It then turns downright raunchy, with a salty skin-like black amber, while the patchouli turns carnally bodily, and a nice smokey, nutty incense *just* like in YSL Nu becomes more prominent throughout.

l'Agent smells rather reminiscent of a lot of different fragrances, and I feel like I just can't put my finger on what it reminds me of, the whole time I wear it. But instead of that making it unoriginal, I find it makes it highly intriguing. It lends a general aura that's very complex and very *perfumey* in the style of an over-the top eighties perfume, but that's very modern in composition and makes use of some very contemporary themes.

On the one hand, it's really whorish, and on the other, it's cuddly. In a word, it's amazing.

Oh, and just as an aside, the bottle is really gorgeous. The pictures do not do it justice.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Shockingly strong, this is hugely sexy and powerful. I always get a confidence boost when I spritz this! The base notes are very strong on me, particularly the sandalwood, myrhh and incense.

Isma
Isma

I luv it big time.. I use Maitresse and in love with it too..

Disappointing! I tested this and didn't like it. It doesn't stink, but it reeks of gothic church!
Dark in an incensey way, not sensual or deep flowers or anything, only a dense brick of church incense.
Where are listed beautiful flowers? No jasmine, no tuberose, no rose... and osmanthus? Who ever saw it?
If you like dark thick incensey fragrance go for L'Agent. Not my type, but it could fit someone else's tastes. It has lasting power so I guess you get good bang for your money.

sweetgirl

i like it...but...this would be great on a man....my bf said its nice but, not all that and id rather stick with the givenchy L intense for a sexy femme scent and leave this for a man plus, all i get in the drydown is cinnamon ,cinnamon as in those hot candies mixed with smoked burning vanilla cigars in a hot smoked out club!

milkyway
milkyway

it smells just like tom ford's black orchid voile des fleurs on me..

Migotka
Migotka

Im going to play devil's advocate here- the new Agent is nothing more than a spiced up, darker version of C'est la Fete Patchouli from Christian Lacroix or Sensuous Noir and a few other fragrances names of which I cannot remember. Well, the quality and complexity of the scent is much better here, and the bottle is quite nice, but the scent itself is quite disappointing.
There is incense, there is rose, there is ylang-ylang, and there is plenty of patchouli. The beginning is really disappointing along the lines I have smelled it all so many times before, but from a different bottle.

As it dries down it becomes pleasantly woody-incensy with a touch of powder, with peppery-rosy hints remaining from the fist phases, and I definitely like the last phase of development the most.

Whether that is enough to call it a revolution, Ill leave it up to everyone to judge. for me it's more like a better variation of some of fragrances that already exist.

tetatu
tetatu

Incredibly rich, dark and complex scent! The opening reminds me of dark leather /suede sharing similarities to DK Fuel for men, which is a bit surprising since there's no leather note listed in the olfactory pyramid - I think it must be the labdanum note. The whole composition is very clever and perfectly blended - it's very difficult for me to pick up any individual notes except for pepper which comes strong on my skin. This scent reminds me very much of Amouage Memoir for woman (they share many same notes btw), but L'Agent is better! And I find it totally unisex or perhaps even more masculine than feminine. Kudos to the brand for launching a scent which bears so much originality and personality!

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

This is an amazing, mad, fabulous, gorgeous, sexy, hypnotizing oriental wild beast unleashed!!!
I got a huge bottle which will probably last for ever, as this stuff is very potent. I mean they did not joke about the description!!! This perfume is driving me crazy...
It is extremely beautiful and original, but just be careful, L'Agent is actually like a grenade! The content and the bottle if you think about it...lol...
I have never smelled anything like it before, it is not sweet, but sooo warm floral and spicy!
It is completely different from the previous ones and it will make guys lose their minds, I'm sure of it.
So that being said girls and boys ;-) I will have my grenade handy in my bag, wooo-hooo!

Galya
Galya

Immagino che deliziso profumo questo qui!!! Racontate per favore chi ha già provato sta meraviglia.....

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Agent Provocateur L'Agent fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Agent Provocateur L'Agent, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Agent by Agent Provocateur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Agent by Agent Provocateur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.