Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Petale Noir Agent Provocateur for women

Petale Noir Agent Provocateur for women
dislike

Petale Noir Agent Provocateur for women Pictures

Petale Noir by Agent Provocateur is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Petale Noir was launched in 2012. Top notes are lotus, magnolia, violet leaf, hyacinth, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are rose, ylang-ylang, neroli, heliotrope, osmanthus, orris root, lily-of-the-valley and black currant blossom; base notes are leather, ginger, amber, tobacco leaf, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, sandalwood, cedar, labdanum, musk and benzoin.

Lotus Magnolia Violet Leaf Hyacinth Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Rose Ylang-Ylang Neroli Heliotrope Osmanthus Orris Root Lily-of-the-Valley Black Currant Blossom

Leather Ginger Amber Tobacco Leaf Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver Sandalwood Cedar Labdanum Musk Benzoin

Kelly Caleche
Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum

Petale Noir Fragrance Reviews

craftyminx
craftyminx

The first time I tried this, I hated it. I guess I wasn't ready for such a big, old-school floral. And to be fair, AP scents are loud on me. But after trying Maitresse and L'Agent, and having nearly 2 years in since the first time I tried it, I thought it was worth giving another shot. I really like it! Still not sure if it is a love, but I can see myself buying a FB.
On me this is all about the floral notes. I can't pick them out individually, but there's no mistaking that they're there. The leather and patchouli are there, but I agree that it isn't really a dark scent like the name would suggest. Definitely a sexy one, though.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

To me, this is not a really "noir" fragrance--not dark, at least to my nose. It was like waking in the early morning to dewy hyacinth, then, as the day progresses, having the sun burn up the moisture and release the smell candied smell of magnolia and roses. I didn't smell leather or patchouli, which might have made this a noir scent. I did smell the violet leaf, springy and fresh, which took this hyacinth scent in a moist green direction vs a dryer green of, say, Silences; it also never got indolic, staying simple and fresh.

This is a very pretty scent, quite powerful and with longevity of about 4 hours. It is a fresh springlike scent, uncomplicated but not completely linear. I think the bottle suits it perfectly, giving a reasonable expectation of whats inside.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

A lot of these agent provacateur perfumes remind me a lot of those from the late 1970's to all of the 1980's and into the 1990's. Which is a good thing. It sort of reminds me of Amarige Givenchy, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Parfum D'or, Animale Animale by Animale. It dosen't really remind me of Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea.

Kayse
Kayse

Petal Noir is a pleasant perfume, quite like-able. It's very similar to Aqua alegoria Flora Nymphea, just not as interesting or pleasing in my opinion.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I bought PN blindly based on reviews and I must thank you all cause this is a gem! PN is very floral so usually not my thing but it is so well made it's rather difficult not to fall in love with it.
Sure it has several notes going on but the final result is amazing,it starts with rose and hyacinth then it's leathery and then there's a lovely sweetness coming from
benzoin heliotrope and amber.
It lasts many hours and I swear I feel like a goddess when I wear it

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Black petal perhaps?
Got this just today, bought unsiffed and Discovered a hidden treasure. Quality perfume like the other Agent Provo's, long lasting, first class bottle. The flowers here are rather dark but not heavy, a soapy vibe with a hind of spice. Could wear it all year round, I am sure a compliment magnet. Reminds me alot of John Galliano's perfumes and Boudoir edp. A highly recommended perfume now is on top 10 of my collection!!!

Aranea
Aranea

This is a heavy, powerful, old-fashioned floral scent. Very sweet, but it's the sweetness of honeysuckle and lily of the valley, rather than the sweet of sugar or caramel. This is actually the kind of scent I'd been expecting with Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. If ever there was a scent that bangs you over the head with flowers, Petale Noir is it.

Apply lightly, it's very strong. Just a little too much, and you can taste it in the back of your mouth.

hohohosan
hohohosan

Too floral, even for me... this one is a very heavy fragrance and very bitter especially at the beginning. Not suitable for young people...i don't like it unlike the majority. But i must say sillage is really powerful.

missus9
missus9

I really love this one and glad I ordered a small bottle online...I will definitely buy a larger bottle! Elegant, feminine fragrance with a touch of smokey mystery. I like the original Agent Provacateur but sometimes the saffron note is too sharp, although I love the heady rose scent. I am thinking of applying the original Agent with one spray and then 30 minutes later layering with Petale Noir. A really alluring scent for evening. I do see the similarities to Anais Anais but I like this perfume better..it is less sweet.

lapioggianelpineto1977
lapioggianelpineto1977

very light sillage, modest longevity. After the first fifteen minutes it pretty much becomes a skin scent, but the combination of leather and rose is divine!

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I received this perfume the other day and all I can say is it smells like sex. It's a very sensual fragrance. My husband loves it. It's not something you can wear to work, but at night or on the weekends, it's a go!

Alexir101
Alexir101

I love this. Could become a second signature. Always commented on positively and makes me feel special and improves my mood when I wear it. I wear this when I need an edge. Complex - yes. Buy it and get out there and live it up! Yummy and warm and sexy and just lovely.

smellsogood
smellsogood

This has a strong resemblance to vintage Cacharel Anais Anais, so anyone bemoaning the reformulation might like to try this instead. It has the same smoky, leathery dark thread running under the florals that used to be in the Cacharel. Lovely!

KaseyC
KaseyC

This fragrance has an unusual scent. It's sexy, smoky, dark and exciting. It's definitely a sensational fragrance that evokes deep emotions. I immediately picture Ava Gardner in her curly long black hair.

I spot the leathery note first at the beginning then I pick the magnolia and the lotus. The sandolwood note is pretty strong to my nose. This combination forms a very alienated feeling similar to what I get from the opening of Thierry Mugler's Alien. After 10 minutes, it has become rosy and feminine. The leathery note is still pretty strong. It adds certain degree of maturity to the young rose. I think it is wise to use rose instead of jasmine. Jasmine may project a nasty image while rose is always pure and steady.

The drydown is dark rosy and woody, which captures the soul of a sexy black widow. It's dramatic yet realistic. Dangerous yet hard to pull out from it.

Overall, it's an amazing creation. I wish the bottle was painted in all black with gold engravings.

A side note: it's more amazing to sniff the scent in the air than on the body. More sexy in my opinion.

Plrowden
Plrowden

There is no way that I can write a review and describe this incredible fragrance, but I will try. It is exquisitely floral!! As others have mentioned, there are so many floral notes, it almost boggles the mind and certainly the nose. However, I can actually smell the various flowers, if I close my eyes and just inhale their loveliness. All of these flowers could have been a cacophony, but they are so perfectly blended, they are euphoric!

The violet leaves, oak moss and vetiver artfully tie everything together. I also smell a spiciness similar to carnation, which is not mentioned, but there is definitely some spice! This fragrance is visceral, sexy, sultry and feminine. It ends up bold, not sweet and shy like the top notes might lead you to guess. This scent has guts for the lady who has the guts to wear it. I am truly smitten with this "provocative" fragrance!

Oh! Did I mention that the bottle is just gorgeous? No? Well, it is!

Sillage is moderate to heavy, depending on how much you spray
Longevity on me is long-lasting

HB-C
HB-C

I really like this scent, every time I wear it I like it a little bit more.

It does remind me of Narciso Rodriguez EDT, but I prefer this, probably because of the woody notes which I love.

I haven't tried it in a warmer climate but I can imagine it being lovely on a warm spring day or a summer evening.

I wore it to work today and got several compliments and I could still smell it nine hours later without having to reapply.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

I was delighted to receive this perfume today and couldn't wait to try it. I was not disappointed; it is a beautiful, floral, feminine fragrance, much lighter than other 'Agents,' but with a naughty note in there somewhere!

I would definitely recommend this for either day or evening wear as it has sultry undertones and I reckon it would appeal to the opposite sex too.

I love AP and they are all unique, but this is me just coming back to them now after a long break having being disappointed with the longevity and complexity of other frags, especially 'celebrity' scents that just don't have the staying power and I end up using twice as much. (Case in point, the Dita scents, which I adore but no staying power apart from Fleur!)

Have previously tried the original and Maitress and am looking forward to getting L'agent and Strip delivered in the next couple of days!!

Am just going back to sniffing my wrists.......

eskarina62
eskarina62

A lovely floral fragrance - one can be put off by some reviews or baffled by the number of notes yet it turns out really nice on me- not much development, yet good projection and a drydown to look forward to!
A must try,

mishkacuneva
mishkacuneva

total disaster for me, unfortunately, and i wanted to like it soo much, it made me sick and it gave headache,without any particular explanation. to me it smelled like tea or medicine

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Soft, floral, and sultry. Well blended and very feminine. A lovely take on a darker side of magnolia. I really like it.

The notes list seems a mess, instead the perfume itself is very pleasant.
I'm glad I could test before buying (in the future?) and I like that it's not widespread where I live.
It started very floral and fresh, almost like an innocent floral. My first impression was: "Is this meant to be AP?" I already own regular AP and it's nothing to play around since the beginning.
Well... give it 5 minutes and you will smell the typical AP's factor, no matter what it is.
It gets deeper and deeper, not too dark and thanks god nor gloomy (like AP L'agent) and in 30 minutes you will smell like a laced lady in an old style brothel though an elegant one. At least, this is the imagery here as a work of fantasy since I've never been in a brothel in my life.
It clings to both skin and fabrics.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This one caught me off guard. I bought it blindly and put it on to test as I was getting ready for my sweetie to come over and watch the baseball playoffs while we cozied up on the couch.
The scent started out as a sweet innocent floral, but as the evening progressed, it deepened and darkened, it became seductive and sexy, like leaning over to whisper in his ear. Then it became even darker as my skin heated it up until it was downright naughty.

I might have been wearing a tank top and boy shorts, but I felt like I was in a purple lace Agent Provocateur playsuit, batting my lashes.
People say it takes a LOT to turn a mans attention away from a baseball game during playoffs, but I say it only takes a few sprays of Petale Noir.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I love this!

It's a subtle but outrageously sexy fragrance. It's carnal but in an elegant way. It's definitely a skin scent, but with a trail that is enticing.

On me, I get lots of jasmine and vinyl (or perhaps, weirdly, that's the leather?), which I like, and I am thrilled it has tobacco and labdanum. I think it's unusual, and unlike most newer scents that to me all smell much the same in the mainstream market.

It would suit a girl who is unconventional, daring, but sweet.

Surreal
Surreal

Kind of 50 shades to me haha. It is a weird perfume but I like it. Innocent and sultry at the same time. It is a very green and rose like fragrance but at the same time it has something peppery about it and you can really tell there is leather in it. Give it some time to get used to and you will fall in love with it. Plus GREAT lasting power.

vanillamoss
vanillamoss

I do agree with many of you that there is nothing "noir" about this fragrance, but there is still that signature AP boudoir factor. I detect tuberose, even though it isn't even listed in the notes. The rose is a sweet, tea-like rose with the help from the violet leaves, giving it a slightly herbal feel. Although it is mostly a sweet floral, Petale Noir has this panther-in-a-bunny suit kind of thing going on. It's a bit of a sexy garden.

This definitely has the Agent Provocateur aura, a bit smokey, a bit heavy. Not sure this is one I would happily wear though, it smells dirty to me, like most AP fragrances...
Too many notes also when you can only detect a handful.
I detect some patchouli, this is definitely more a winter scent, the leather and tobacco aren't too strong, but still the scent is a bit smokey, longevity seems light though..I find it to have a vintage smell almost.so this isn't bad but neither is it a scent I am interested in.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I saw this at Nordies and wanted to see what the big deal was. Well, first impression brought to mind many strong spicy florals that were so popular in the 80s. Mind you, its not necessarily a bad thing but its definately not what I was expecting.
First spray is very strong and almost musty. I suggest not giving up on it just yet(although I almost did because it smells like grandma's attic). After few minutes you will get what the true fragrance will smell like-rich yet warm floral that has just a bit of spice. Feels like sunshine warms on your skin. I am not a floral lover but I kind of like this.
I don't understand how on this Earth can anyone think this has "aquatic" opening. This is as far away from aquatic as you can get. Someone mentioned Fracas-NO.WAY. Fracas is rather sweet and full of tuberose just like Truth or Dare. Not even a SLIGHTEST resemblence to Petale Noir.
i can see why its named "Noir" -probably because its rather heady and lot of ladies may not think its suitable for daytime. This doesn't strike me as "office perfume"-definately more of dressed up, high heels, evening gown, etc. type scent.

I don't think its quite my cup of tea but I think its nice. No doubt not everyone will think so because its not generic scent that can be easily found.
P.S. My hubby thought it smelled like "old lady". Every time I wear my Tiffany perfume, he says the same thing too, hehe

Mimmi
Mimmi

An un-distinctive mix of florals, has a certain retro vibe initially. Rose and lily of the valley seem the most dominant flowers on me, both cold and sweet here. A hint of violet-leaf, some black currant. Then nothing. Waiting for noir to emerge. In vain. Unfortunately even the faint hint of leather smells plastic.
As I like florals I was looking forward to this AP. Obviously some reviewers get it to work with their skin, one me it is what no other AP scent have been - boring.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice floral, pretty, great for summer, light, available in norstom.

oona noir
oona noir

High quality, but not particularly original to my nose. At times reminded me of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and FM Le Parfum de Therese. Must be all the rose with the patchouli and leather.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This could have been a lovely fragrance if they hadn't been so busy trying to cram EVERYTHING into one bottle. It's an overwrought jumble. It's just too much, trying to go in too many directions at once. There are about three ways they could have gone to make this an elegant perfume, but it would have involved making it into three separate fragrances and NOT mixing them.

xtc_gall
xtc_gall

i ordered this perfume online, besides other lengerie.i must say that this perfume smells really seductive and unique. i was afraid it will smell something cheap like some of the victorias's secrets perfumes.But i was wrong. Thanks God :) I was always a big fan of fruity smells ,something like ''Jimmy Choo'' perfume or ''La Vie est belle'' by Lancome or ''Midnight fantasy'' and ''Fantasy'' by Britney Spears. Never was a fan of floral scents. But this perfume surprised me. At the beginning it seemed to me somehow similar to Chanel COCO Noir perfume. It's more for a mature, elegant,determined woman ,who knows what she wants.Surely not for a teenager ...It's a mixture of lots of notes. I would wear it just in the evening . I'm glad i like it, cause i'm so finicky... haha.I will purchase some other perfumes from Agent Provocateur for sure :)xx

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

What a mess of notes !! lol
It may be nice on others ,, I see alot of positive reviews but on my skin I can smell a clear petroleum note ,, I can't know from where it's coming ! :(
I can't afford that smell at the opening & it stays for 3 hours like that .. But the dry down is heaven :(

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

This years "noir" offerings seem to be a let down across most brands. There is nothing noir about this, it is a floaty floral with no real depth. Suitable for summer in my opinion or day to day office wear. This and Givenchy's Dahlia Noir have seriously disappointed me so they're not on my Christmas list.

Edit: Yup, summer is right, the depth has appeared and i love it! It just doesn't work in the colder months for me.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

If it wasn't the bottle, I would never presume that this fragrance is from the AP range. Linear, tons of white flowers, a hint of sweetnes. Nothing remarkable.

tanyadupuy7
tanyadupuy7

I'd like to try this one, but can't find anywhere in stores... Could you tell me where should I go or if there is a site I can get samples? Thanks in advance!

*sophi*
*sophi*

It is called Black Petals but for me it is wonderful white petals ...
Fresh, floral aroma ... wonderful hiacynth note at the opening which smells amazing throughout the duration of the fragrance,and so is magnolia, lotus flower,a bouquet of white flowers ... very natural indeed!
The leather note is obvious at first, but then begins to soften enough to dry until it seems only a small idea of this .
Of all the flavors of this AP series looks more at maitresse, this is the closest ...
If you're a fan of Maitresse worths a try or get it since it is only a special edition!

Blimunda
Blimunda

Being my signature house, I am announcing with great sadness that this is the first Agent Provocateur creation that I don't like. The name already suggests it, but seems that I had been ignoring it; this baby comes with large label- ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY for FLORAL LOVERS! If you don't fit that category, you better stay away from it or you'll be blown away!

The initial blast was so familiar to me, and it enormously reminded me of Amouage Honour due to prominent lily-of-the-valley note. I was almost sure that Petale noir was going to follow the same powdery elegant and white path and that it was going to be even more sweet after settling down into warm base, but I was so wrong. Instead of that, with each new minute, the smell was turning more and more into sharp floral fragrance with green traces becoming that penetrating I had to wash it off. What I get from it are dominant notes of violet leaf, that green that at one point it resembled tomato leaf and strong hyacinth flowers. I get no base notes, except a bit of amber in the very beginning, but that would be all.

I am allergic to flowers, I can't help it.

Other than that, I would rate it with maximum note or at least 9 of 10 for its lasting power, projection, uniqueness, strength, bottle design, but, in the end, I cannot omit to conclude that recently Agent provocateur has been leaning more and more towards flowery direction what I personally do not like at all. ...

LadyMurasaki
LadyMurasaki

I had high hopes for this one. I received it along with other Agent Provocateur fragrance samples. It opens with a slightly aquatic note and it is a pretty fruity floral with a dominant magnolia note. I don't find it "noir". The leather and tobacco notes are very subdued. It's pretty. I'm going to see how it progresses.

....

I've tried it three times... A pretty scent, but nothing special. The acquatic opening reminds me of Acqua di Gio. A decent one, but there's nothing characteristic or intriguing to make it a FBW fragrance for me.

Petale Noir by Agent Provocateur 3.63 out of 5 based on 221 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Agent Provocateur Petale Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Agent Provocateur Petale Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Petale Noir by Agent Provocateur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Petale Noir by Agent Provocateur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.