Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

The Infidel Agonist for women and men

The Infidel Agonist for women and men
dislike

The Infidel Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidel Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidel Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidel Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidel Agonist for women and men Pictures

The second release from the house of Agonist consists of two individual oversized pieces of handcrafted art glass. This enchanting perfume of deep and captivating character was sculptured in glass and mixed material by Åsa Jungnelius.

Top notes: black currant, green cumin and bergamot. Heart: magnolia, tonka and lavender. Base: patchouli, amber and labdanum.

Dimensions of the bottle: height 39cm, width 12cm, length: 19cm. Available as EDP.

Bergamot Caraway Black Currant

Lavender Tonka Bean Magnolia

French labdanum Patchouli Amber

The Infidel Fragrance Reviews

What on earth is the Flacon all about?
Agonist have some really interesting bottles which are matched by the juice.
This is a complex mixture which has a lovely black currant note which is warm for a change. A lavender top note which fades, Then nice vague florals which are kinda sweet and exotic and a slightly creamy heart of tonka and then dries down to patchouli. Nothing earthy or dirty about the patchouli it's handled perfectly, balance is the name of the game here. The infidel hasn't blown me away but it's another interesting and highly wearable scent from Agonist.

Sissi
Sissi

This has to be the most coziest fragrance
in my collection and and it represents
the Swedish culture with it's cool reserved friendliness and an fiery history
of the Vikings reflects the duel nature
of the country.

I first applied this to my skin a blast of
warm and velvet bergamot rushed my senses
like a fleece quilt wrapped around you
keeping you warm on a winter's night
as you step out from a wooded cabin nestled in the middle of a dense Scandinavian forest to enjoy the glowing
flames of fire burning to keep warm
to part take the rich melodies from the
villagers throughout the night.

then dries down to a hearty note of raw lavender non synthetic just grounded
lavender to awaking the senses a few minutes later dry note of caraway with it's spicy aroma warms the sense of beauty for the nose and the mind'
The black current is hard to detect
from my nose if magnolia is present ether it's faint or it blends well with
bergamot magnolia also is an hard note
to notice.

The drydown is a sweet warm esemble
of amber with woodish raisin nuances of Labdanum and the diluted patchouli
brings to an earthy end to an fragrant
masterpiece.

Kiku
Kiku

Before I opened the bottle I asked my friends what they thought a fragrance called, "The Infidel" would smell like. All agreed: it would be strong, seductive, mysterious, even dangerous. Well, it is strong! The opening note is bergamot and, as someone said, it slaps you in the face. There is also something wonderfully icy cold in the opening. Then it settles into the warm, thick, sweetness of a southern garden. More coquette than inferno. It smells remarkably like that dime store wonder of days gone by, "Blue Waltz". Grotesquely over priced.

Raina
Raina

I agree completely with the three reviews below mine. I got a whiff of my sample and made sure to just barely dab on a bit; even still it was like a slap to the face. The bergamote really wakes you up here with a rather sharp citrus-like smell. It slowly settles into a dark and earthy floral. As time passes it dries down and warms, bringing forth more amber and patchouli; a smell almost like the praline/licorice note found in L de Lolita Lempicka.

I was really put off by this fragrance at first, because it was so sharp and strong, but the more I smell the more I want to go back. It's almost entrancing the way I keep going back to it, as though someone's built up a warm fire inside a darkened forest and with every whiff I almost come close to finding it.

I am both attracted and repulsed by this fragrance and am left both mystified and curious by my encounter. Rather like a beautiful and mysterious woman you keep coming back, because once you think you've figured her out, you leave only to realize that you've yet to really touch on her layers at all. I can draw no solid conclusions except to say that it is a touch more masculine and mysteriously addictive.

rainydays
rainydays

First of all, thank you, Fragrantica, for sending me a sample of The Infidel! Trying it was definitely a unique and interesting experience.

The strength of this perfume is fantastic. About a drop is all one needs. I hate to say it, but this is definitely too bold and too masculine for me. I don't feel right wearing it, because I'm just a teenager, and from a whiff of this I picture a completely different wearer: an aging man, sitting in a forest, reading massive, antique books in the warm sunlight, surrounded by rotting foliage. The scent is earthy, but sharp, a little offensive at first, but growing into warm patchouli. It's a little medicinal (though this is very subtle) and is for those who favor masculine-leaning unisex frags. As for me, I like my perfumes to be very feminine and a little more quiet. But if you can pull this one off, go for it!

When I put this on it starts as a clean patchouli with milky chocolate musk notes, even though those notes aren't listed. Crisp bergamot keeps it from being too thick and heavy. It's a wonderful smooth skin scent very like Worth's Courtesan on me. I keep compulsively sniffing my wrist. Perhaps it's the green cumin that gives it a slight woody edge, or it's the patchouli again, but there's a nice bite in there, under all the smooth creamy notes. Not a gourmand, but somehow with that same comfortable, snuggly feeling. Lovely. It's warm and delicate without being gender-specific. I get no specific floral notes.

Mogie
Mogie

There is something hypnotic about this scent. I was not too keen on how it opened. It was a rush of bergamot almost smelled like the leaves of a lemon tree, but very strong. It only lasted a second and than it opened up to the mix of lavender and magnolia with a touch of something warm. It really is a beautiful scent and has me coming back to smell it. I received quite a few compliments. This scent is not for young people I will say that. Definitely for a refined person.

The Infidel by Agonist 3.29 out of 5 based on 20 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Agonist The Infidel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Agonist The Infidel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Infidel by Agonist. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Infidel by Agonist represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.