Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

The Infidels Agonist for women and men

The Infidels Agonist for women and men
dislike

The Infidels Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidels Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidels Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidels Agonist for women and men Pictures The Infidels Agonist for women and men Pictures

The third fragrance from the house of Agonist is an unlimited edition handcrafted at Kosta Boda. Every bottle is unique and a natural development out of the earlier two. Dimensions: Height 14cm, Width 10cm, Length 9cm.

Available as EDP.

Pink Pepper Cloves Artemisia elemi Cumin Sicilian Lemon

May Rose Turkish Rose Jasmine Sambac Egyptian Jasmine Magnolia iris Ylang-Ylang Myrrh Opoponax

French labdanum Patchouli Amber Sandalwood Vetiver Peru Balsam Cedar Vanilla

Karma

The Infidels Fragrance Reviews

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

It smells like my laundry detergent. White floral with no twists

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This starts of spicy and bold, reminding me of something from the 80s... in a good way, of course. A touch of soap, lots of rose and a bit of lemon occasionally lead to the impression of a clean bathroom, but only for the first hour or so.

The drydown is still spicy, but with a holiday cheer sort of vibe. Speaking of 80s perfumes, it reminds me a lot of Coco, and that's quite a compliment. It turns out they do have several notes in common.

I don't know about being a roguish infidel, but this one's got personality. It's my favorite from the line so far.

lfarinas
lfarinas

I'm glad I got to try instead of a blind buy :-s On my skin I smell patchouli, some woods and spices, no fruit, sweet or floral notes ... perhaps my samples got mixed?
It Is very pretty but for some reason theres zero sillage and seems that longevity will disapoint as well. Perhaps this one should be sprayed?
I'm confused.

Lesser
Lesser

I got my hands on this scent when I bought Agonist sample box. I have tried all the fragrances, and are writing reviews and my opinions on their works.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
An ordinary below average gourmand scent.
The opening is fruity, a chewing gum like. A sweet fruity and flowery scent. With the middle notes it turns more flowery. Many of the Agonist scents have medicinal or candylike notes in them, and this is no exception. I keep getting a hint of my childhood memories of fizzy drinks, fruit punch and chewing tum. Maybe even childrens toothpaste. If one should like this then you must be into these gourmand scents.

The drydown scent is very weak, and the scent stays close to the skin. Longevity is not so great 4-5 hours. The sillage is enormous at the top and middle notes, but the bottom is very weak.

I have to say that I am attracted to gourmands, but not all notes are my favourite. This scent works great as a memory of childhood scents, but as a perfume it fails... badly.

Overall rating: 3/10

Q80
Q80

allot of notes gathered to form a carnival! quite good but there are some notes that needs to be lightened cause it has that overpowering over other notes. the lemon crashed with the pink pepper and made a mess but the rose helped to cool it down. the Iris and the magnolia added the creamy effect and helped to let the amber rises a bit on top. surprisingly the ylang ylang is added so well beside the Myrrh & Opoponax. the cumin and the gloves are adding a nasty effect to the mix. after all it needs more time to test and realize the effect, and to be honest sometimes sniffing the plotter makes my nose freezes for a while.

uffff ... creamy dry down as well... agonist became annoying to my nose.

demon718
demon718

@pepe7111 Kosta Boda Glass Art is made in the town of kosta in Småland sverige (sweden) Agonist is a perfume house from Gothenburg sweden (The city i live in ) but im sure the perfumes themselves are made in italy hope it helps ...By the way try, Dark Saphir & Black Amber from the same house ;)

Scentmad
Scentmad

The Infidels is a truly fantastic perfume. It's balsamic, airy, spicy and sexy all in one. By airy I mean it's not overt like some spicy balsamic perfumes, this is subtle and gently wafts but it is also compelling and I find it utterly spellbinding. I have concluded that (to me) it has shares some of the same qualities as the original and legendary Jacques Fath perfume Iris Gris, no kidding I promise.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Rich, thick, interesting texture, still quite delicate and pleasant. It suddendly reminded me (like a "madeleine") of Divine for women, the first fragrance Divine made I think in the early '90s or late '80s. Basically it is an opulent and dense scent in a really classic manner, a fruity graceful chypre rich in flower notes with a heart of dark rose, amber and aromatic woods, really coloured and dynamic, very deep and elegant. A sort of brighter, less somptuous, less decadent but still quite complex version of some Amouage's. However it is not worth the price tag which I've heard is crazy – the Divine I mentioned should be fairly similar but with a far more affordable price.

hanson26
hanson26

I ordered a sample of this honestly JUST because I love the bottle, which I doubt I'll be able to afford in the foreseeable future anyway. But hey, I love amber and rose, so why not see what kind of perfume is in that gorgeous bottle? To my surprise, I actually love the scent as much as the bottle, and on my want list it goes (the cheaper bottle of course). It started out smelling really "perfumey" for the first few seconds, almost like Tresor, but it quickly got a lot different and a lot better. You know the head shop smell? That's what this smells like to me, but made into perfume, made wearable. It won't make you smell like a head shop, but it does smell like it was inspired by one. That's what I love about it, I've smelled many perfumes that smell like a head shop but are much too literal for me to wear. Kind of like how some perfumes capture the smell of tobacco or leather without smelling like a box of cigars or car interior. It smells like a rich hippie girl with excellent taste.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

Gummy bears mixed with hairspray. Sickingly sweet and nauseating.

pepe7111

beauty girl : thx for the info ...will browse it !

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

pepe7111: Google it. I know that Kosta Boda glassart is sold in the Nortdic countries. Maybe they even sell the perfume?

pepe7111

what is that beautiful gem?
i am bottle -junkie so i want this .
can anyone help me where can i get it ?

Soturj
Soturj

Oddly enough, this one smelt like nail polish after the initial spray and into the first phase. It then proceeded to smell like an antique store (or an old room with a lot of old things). At the end, it becomes nice and sweet, mainly vanilla and amber. I really wanted to like this one, but that didn't happen. =(

alberto1964
alberto1964

Adorable, notes of popcorn at the beginning and spices around. Never anything like it. Truly original. Try it.

esteban747
esteban747

The first two seconds smell like a cheap/ average masculine cologne.
But then everything changes, as if suddenly all the sweet notes awaked at the same time.
To tell you the truth, what I smell is a mix of nail polish and cough syrup. Seriously, this already is giving me a headache!
Sweet, ambery,vanilla, cloves plus the heavy rose.
Hopefully the dry down is better. So far The Infidels reminds me of the very sweet and heavy fragrances from the 80's.
You will stand out, for sure. But I don't want to smell like medicine.
update: Now I can say that the dry down smells like a quiet
sweet burning incense.

ladykarl
ladykarl

Holy Candies!
Im not sure if this has to do with the fact that i have applied like 20 perfumes ( big no no, i know!) but the spot with this on smells like some really nice gourmet candies...I really like that is not like sickly sweet mass produced candies, more like handmade old world apothecary with a nouveau twist.
A touch medicinal but not quite bitter. 'lavender cookie' of perfume perhaps.
Definitely brings to mind some of the older Guerlains like Mitsouko

fotolux
fotolux

The Infidels is a deep and captivating fragrance inspired by the exact moment when the bud is about to burst. The heart of the rose with a deep and sensual ambience.

Top Notes: Pink Pepper Corn, Sicilian Lemon, Cloves, Indian Davana and Elemi

Body Notes: May Rose, Turkish Rose, Sambac Jasmine, Egyptian Jasmine, Burmese Magnolia, Iris, Comoros Ylang Ylang, Somali Myrrh, Opoponax

Base Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cistus, Peruvian Balm, Lebanese Cedarwood, Virginia Cedarwood, Indian Amber, Bourbon Vanilla

Elen70
Elen70

Are there similarity between The Infidels and The Infidel?

I would like to smell the Agonist perfumes, all of them seems very exciting. <3
It's very hard to live so far from Sweden.

BABEHUBBS
BABEHUBBS

i won a sample pack from this company last week i can't wait to dive in nose first

Sardoniks
Sardoniks

I got a sample first.....and fell in love with it. Later I got the bottle from Luckyscent.com Not the bottle itself, but a refill (5 times chipper then the handcrafted bottle ))))) It is very sensual, heavy I would say, cumin is very prominent. Me and my husband both use it, still arguing if it is masculine or feminine ))) I think it's unisexiest unisex you can imagine. Recommend it to everybody, probably not to somebody in early 20-s.

Adrien02

So after such a wait I finally have it. I agree with this being unisex though leaning more to the masculine side. A lemon/leather greeting awaits me at first sniff. It is deep, rich and hard to grasp because it unfolds as you inhale. Now after about 2 minutes into application I smell a sweetness that's hard to put a name to. Magnolia, yes, but perhaps a powdery sort. Like a vintage powder box complete with a puff/pouf made of rabbit fur fit for a 1930-1940s glamourous movie star. Now comes a hint of sweet tobacco tempered with the sharpness of cumin. I am enraptured in this holding pattern of sweet tobacco - powderbox. The citrus has gone underground and the bergamont has come to linger and frolic in and out of this scented melody. This is a scent intended to mesmerize your olfactory senses, just as the bottle which holds it intrigues your vision. Another BRAVO for Agonist. Wish I could find Kallocain and Infidel.
Alas, they are hard to be found. So sad.

sofiii
sofiii

Upon application, I got an instant tart, warm Shalimar kinda tart slightly cirtrusy opening.
Soon there comes cumin, it’s a kind of greenish cumin, nice fresh, and a little bit herbal, instead of the spiciness we are more familiar with in cumin.

Then I got a weird déjà vu feel of Shalimar plus Tobac Blond, all in a nice way.

After about 2.5 hours, it smells really nice, I can smell more musk, in a dirty but not the really loud dirty way; I can smell a nice quasi floral woody musk combo, in a quite not that floral, but kinda leathery way, I guess it should be the lavender and labdanum. Somehow the leathery smell in Infidel triggers something, and whenever I inhale this, I feel that I’m on the edge of tipping over – one side addictively liking it, the other side is nauseous dislike.

As it dries down, it’s easier and easier to wear; the slightly animalist/urine acidic/leather-y smell disappeared, and left a sweet, tart, warm amber smell, I don’t really smell much patchouli, maybe it’s contributing to the tart effect of the amber.
After 12 hours, there’s no silage but the comfortable feeling it evokes is high to the roof.

Worth trying, especially if you are a fan of perfumes like Shalimar, Tobac Blond, Trouble, etc but want to find a lighter, politer version. Nice perfume? Yes. but to be honest, I don’t really see much new stuff here, well, I guess the name of the perfume gave me high hopes for something edgy. Also, I find it is quite challenging to wear it to uni, as the animalistic notes are really like wild animals in this perfume, you just don’t know when will it appear, and I wouldn’t really recommend it to people in their early 20s.

Adrien02

I have selected this one for test as I am intrigued by any fragrance with black currant, labdanum and bergamont (some of my fav notes). That being said, the notes according to LuckyScent.com are:
Black currant, Green cumin, Bergamont, Magnolia, Tonka, Lavender, Patchouli, Amber, Labdanum.
Not sure about the "Amber" in here as amber is not a note in the pure sense but a fossilized gem.

RkrChk
RkrChk

When applied to my skin, I got a blast of Alka Seltzer! As it settled on my skin, the most incredibly beautiful montage of notes put together in a fragrance unfolded...The green cumin note took charge in the opening, followed by the black currant & bergamot notes...Magnolia, tonka, lavender & patchouli, mingle in a ever-so-slight powdery, resinous elixir...This gorgeous fragrance ends with amber & labdanum...It might not be for everyone, but if it works on your skin...BEWARE...You'll be HOOKED!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I sampled it this morning and it is the worst fragrance I have ever tried on (except Mugler's Angel).
It smells like my cough syrup or as if something went wrong when creating this so called perfume.
Awful experience and big disappointment as I hoped there would be some magic elixir in such an extravagant and posh bottle.
If you feel you don't necesserely fancy smelling like a drugstore assistant - avoid.

Kankuro
Kankuro

Agonist, wem dieser Name kein Begriff ist, der sollte nun gut aufpassen. Denn auch mir waren die Parfums dieser Marke bisher nicht bekannt. Nur durch Zufall bin ich auf die wunderschönen Flakons aufmerksam geworden und habe angefangen, Informationen über diese kleinen Kunstwerke zu finden. Agonist ist ein schwedisches Unternehmen und vereint Glaskunst mit luxuriösem Parfum. Ihre Werke sind von der Melancholie und der Schönheit von Film, Poesie und Literatur schwedischer Ikonen inspiriert. Ihr erstes Werk kreierten sie in Zusammenarbeit mit Åsa Jungnelius, es ist ,,Kallocain”. Dieser war in limitierter Version nur kurze Zeit erhältlich, ist ausverkauft. Das Nachfolgewerk nannte man ,,The Infidel”. Zwei Flakons, einer stellt den männlichen, der andere den weiblichen Teil dar. Auch dieses kleine Kunstwerk ist limitiert, aber noch erhältlich. Und jetzt kommt die schöne Geschichte: Die beiden Flakons von The Infidel stellen die Eltern für den Flakon von ,,The Infidels” dar. Der Duft ist jedoch in beiden Flakonversionen identisch. Einige Zeit suchte ich verzweifelt nach einer Probe, die Suche blieb aber erfolglos. Und nur dank der freundlichen Mitarbeiter von Agonist war es mir möglich, das Parfum zu erleben, zu entdecken. Man ließ mir eine Probe zukommen, zusammen mit einer persönlichen Notiz auf edlem Briefpapier und dem Hinweis, dass ich mich bei Fragen jederzeit an den Creative Director des Unternehmens wenden kann. Das ist Service! Doch nun zum Duft, denn um ihn geht es in diesem Bericht.

The Infidels offenbart sich zunächst als frisch, leicht zitrisch mit trockener Lavendelnote. Die Bergamotte erfrischt das Geschehen und so strahlt der Duft Leichtigkeit aus. Das überrascht mich etwas, anhand anderer Reviews und der Duftnotenpyramide erwartete ich einen eher würzigen Start. Stattdessen bekomm man die Frische der Provence. Die schwarze Johannisbeere wirkt hier leicht bitter, was sehr gut zum Lavendel passt. Diese angenehme Frische hält sich gute 3-5 Minuten, ehe der Kreuzkümmel beginnt sich einzumischen und die ersten animalischen Beiklänge erahnen lässt. Welch interessante Wendung! Eine tierische Note hinter einer frischen Wand, das sieht man nicht alle Tage. Kreuzkümmel ist dafür bekannt scharf und schweißartig zu riechen. Je nach Mischung und Mischverhältnis kann das Ergebnis angenehm animalisch wirken, aber auch abstossend. In The Infidels duftet der Kreuzkümmel genau wie er duften muss: Scharf und animalisch, trotzdem angenehm. Eric Moraldo fand genau die richtige Balance zwischen trockenem Lavendel und provozierender Würze. Die Kopfnote verflüchtigt sich, aber das Cumin bleibt erhalten und durchzieht als dominantes Element das Herz. Die anfängliche Schärfe wird abgesoftet durch einen florale Note (Magnolie) und Tonkabohne, welche einiges an cremiger Süße einbringt. So entsteht der Eindruck, man betrete die Gemächern zweier Liebender, am Morgen danach. Die Luft ist heiß und schwül und es ist noch etwas Parfum von der ereignisreichen Nacht zu erkennen. Eine äußerst erotische Ausstrahlung geht von The Infidels aus, anziehend und magisch. Dessen Bann kann man sich schwer entziehen. Das Parfum von Agonist fesselt und begeistert, außerdem hüllt es ein, wird eins mit seinem Träger. Der vielschichtige Duft zeigt all seine Facetten und beeindruckt mit einem fast schmerzhaft sinnlichen Fond. Hier vereinen sich Amber und Labdanum mit feinstem Patchouli und einem zarten Beiklang von Leder. Eine erdige Note erhebt sich, wirkt tief und luxuriös. Selten empfinde ich erdige Duftnoten als luxuriös, aber in The Infidels hat Eric Moraldo das Patchouli gezähmt, anstatt ihm zu erlauben, zu staubig zu wirken. Nein, hier wirkt nichts abgestanden oder alt. Und mit ,,gezähmt” meine ich nicht etwa, aller Ecken und Kanten beraubt. In Infidels wurden keine modernen Designermoleküle verwendet, man setzt bei Agonist auf naturnahe und hochwertigste Rohstoffe. Bemerkenswert ist, dass sich das Eau de Parfum auch jetzt noch verändert, nach so vielen Stunden! Der animalische Geruch kehrt zurück, dieses Mal nicht scharf, sondern eher anschmiegsam. Vielleicht kennt jemand von euch diese Art von Parfum. Sie strahlen sehr viel erotik aus, jeder der daran riecht erkennt das sofort und doch sind sie so weich wie eine Kaschmirdecke. Ich erlebe solche Kombinationen nur selten. Wenn sie aber auftauchen, dann schaffen sie es oft nicht, die beiden gegensätzlichen Attribute perfekt ausbalanciert zu vereinen. The Infidels – die Ungläubigen! Die Zusammenkunft von Luxuria und Superbia, denn einer Person, welche dieses erstklassige Parfum trägt, kann man durchaus Wollust und Stolz zutrauen.

Und so ist auch der Name ,,The Infidels” perfekt gewählt. Denn Agonist hat der Sünde einen Duft gegeben. Aber nicht nur der Duft ist Sünde, das ist auch der Flakon, welcher an sich schon ein kleines Kunstwerk ist. Jeder dieser Kunstwerke ist Handgefertigt von Åsa Jungnelius und daher kommt auch der sündhaft hohe Preis. Für 50ml Eau de Parfum in besagtem Flakon zahlt man 407€. Eine astronomische Summe, die aber für Liebhaber von feinstem Parfum und Glas wohl kein Hindernis für einen Kauf sind. Zudem kann man den jederzeit Nachfüllungen für den Flakon für ca. 75€ bestellen, was ich persönlich als Investition in die Zukunft sehe. 75€ gibt man eher als 407€ aus.

The Infidels ist das erste ,,Parfum Nordique” das ich testete und ich muss sagen, es hat sich gelohnt! Gefährlich, ausschweifend, sinnlich, weich – Das wollüstige Verlangen, versteckt hinter der unschuldigen Frische der Provence. The Infidels ist überraschend und wiegt die Nasen in Sicherheit, bevor es sein wahres Wesen zeigt. Doch nicht alle Menschen empfinden diesen Duft als angenehm. Die extremste Reaktion war die Aussage, dass Infidels nach toten Tieren riecht. Das überrascht mich garnicht, denn mir war von Anfang an bewusst, dass nicht jeder von der tierischen Wonne der ungläubigen überzeugt ist. The Infidels ist ein Eau de Parfum und als solches sehr intensiv. Fast zu intensiv, ich hätte instinktiv eher Extrait de Parfum vermutet. Und nun verstehe ich auch, warum man beim Flakon auf einen Sprühkopf verzichtet. Aufgesprüht würde der Duft unangenehm und stark wirken. Denn bei mir genügen wenige Tropfen um lange zu riechen, auch die Duftaura ist überzeugend. Hier hat man mit dem Tupfen die beste Methode gefunden, The Infidels zu genießen.

Jlew
Jlew

Ok, I got a sample from Aedes De Venustas, labeled "infidel" so I am not sure which one I got but it's really horrid whichever it is. I LOVE cumin frags and anything that is OUT THERE. This is a powdery floral. UGH..cloying, headachy, and downright disgusting. My chemistry is not made for this one but I am glad others enjoy it.