Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Attar Al Kaaba Al Haramain Perfumes for women and men

Attar Al Kaaba Al Haramain Perfumes for women and men
dislike

oud

Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features agarwood (oud), sandalwood, amber and taif rose.

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Amber Taif Rose

Tribute
Shaikhah
Fakhrul Arab
Safeena Al Arab

Attar Al Kaaba Fragrance Reviews

missan

I have one from Haramain that´s called Mukhallath Maliki. It´s not very different from this but instead of rose it´s more saffron and oud.
Overall it´s of a higher quality and very strong and long lasting, Í like it very much, it´s lovely..

Haramain have several perfumes that only differs slightly, Like this, Safeena al arab, Fakhrul arab, Mukhallath Maliki and some more.
I really like Mukhallath Maliki the best, a wonderful quality.

Shwets

Hello Nebelgeist, I agree with what you say as I had same response until I spoke to a man who told me there is a difference. After which I detected the differences, but previously I did not pick on it before. Maybe because my nose was slightly blocked. I plan to test a red box one to see if it smells similar to mine (red box).

Even though I've tested both boxed ones with variations, for instance once they smelt alike with red box one being more rose syrupy and feminine. So i thought it was due to variation in batches in terms of concentration.

What I know for sure is if red box one is sweeter in general then this is my preference when I repurchase as the black boxed one did not cause me to want to purchase instantly.

These are my thoughts. Hope i haven't caused too much of confusion.

@Shwets:
I read it on several pages (online shops, review boards, et cetera) where it was stated, that there was only a change in packaging. One site stated that the package color had to be changed due to religious problems (as I´m not Muslim, I can´t say what they ment, only quote it. But can´t remember which site I read this statement).

Shwets

Nebelgeist, do you find the older batch to be different in quality/longevity?

Update (15/6): i tried the black boxed Al Kaaba and had my red box al kaaba - i can say with confidence, the original black boxed one smelt much better in quality it surprised me and had my friend to confirm this. The original was more masculine but smoother in composition. My one was sweeter, slightly more synthetic. The black box Al Kaaba lasts slightly longer in duration.

NebelGeîst

Myra, they just changed the outer packaging. If you are able to find the black box it is an older batch.

Now to my review:
The Attar Al Kaaba I´ve received smelles not at all as expected. It is actually pretty sweet. Primary a sweet amber scent, more on the feminine side, with floral aspects (but not much (Taif) rose) and well noticable fruity notes. Woody aspects are pretty faint and should come mostly from the sandal. Don´t get much oud.
But this oil smells pretty different, depending on the part of your body, where you apply it. Back of the hands (and other rather cold areas) smells sweeter, while in the crook of the arm it smells warmer, more full bodied slightly woodier.

What people detect with different batches doesn´t have to come from different formulas. If many naturals are used, there is a natural variation. The bigger a house is and the more oil it buys, the easier it can blend the naturals from different years to get a constant accord and compensate the natural variation. If natural variation isn´t compensated, different batches may smell different without changing the actual formula.
Or the naturals are obtained from different suppliers and different regions, which can result in a different aroma as well.
This doesn´t necessarily have to be the explanation. Just an option.

Shwets

Hi Myra,ive tried both and they smell the same (depending on batches the juice may be more concentrated). Ive even asked sellers who mention its the same fragrance. I have the red boxed one.

myra83
myra83

Hye can anyone explain to me what the difrend btween black n red box attar al.kaabah?? Wich one better quality??

khalilkhan
khalilkhan

I usually apply around three swipes and 2 sprays of ysl l'homme per wrist together, amazingly with the addition of the ysl the fragrance seems to last incredibly long, (13+ hours inc. shower)

Important: do not rub the fragrance in with wrists this destroys the longevity of this combo, just leave to dry.

missan

Al Haramain have many other perfumes that are not in this data-base. Two others that I am rather fond of are Mukhallath Jamal and Mukhallath Maliki, very nice, more Oud in Maliki, Jamal is a cheaper one but still very good, at least to me.

Phelios
Phelios

Different opinions are strong on this perfume, apart from its original presentation, the oil is not terrible, but not good smell tenue.A have for his collection without.

Shwets

How interesting you say this yvashche, ive realized al kaaba doesnt work on my wrist so i dab behind ears, elbow joints, chest and nape of neck.
Unfortunately no compliments yet whether worn sparingly or slightly more....magical and mesmerizing scent. Since my purchase last week i have been loyal to al kaaba.

yvashche
yvashche

Don't wear Attar al Kaaba on your wrist. Apply on your stomach and chest for a magical experience. It is a languorous scent but even in warm temperature, it somehow works.

Shwets

Fabulous! Thanks for your helpful tips Craniumbash :)

craniumbash
craniumbash

@shwets, Almost every attar house in muslim countries have their own Attar al Kaaba with minuscule to no difference in the scent try to sample them out too and you will be rewarded by difference in performance. Btw congrats on acquiring such a beautiful fragrance. Don't be fooled by the projection of these attars, they seem to project more than it looks like as I myself have fallen victim to this trickery and ended up getting smelled no less than 20 feet away in open air after spreading just half a droplet across all my pulse points (could have been the wind but that distance is no common feat, and they do seem to project so much more in hot climates like where I'm from).

And another use for I learned from an someone is that you can put a drop or less of it on an oil burner (radiators work great too) to scent your room, but from what I've experienced it ends up scenting the whole house.

Shwets

I have just purchased this after knowing of this since 2012.

I have to say it all depends on the batch! I purchased the tester bottle (red box) and compared to a tester (black box) in another shop yesterday.
The latter was much weaker (regardless of the box as the fragrance is unchanged apparently). The former which i purchased is far more richer and intense.
I made an offer and was fortunate to have it.

This is one of my favs along with Touch Me Nabeel (see review) and Haneen perfume oil. Appears to be close to the skin after a few hours but i love the richness of this perfume oil.

This can be worn by both men and woman. If you would like something much more masculine and smokey, then try Al Rehab Sharquiah which is a very potent and long lasting oil.

missan

I like it. I consider it a very natural Rose scent. Slightly fruity with a touch of amber and a small touch of Santal. I don´t get very much oudh, if there is any it´s miniscule amounts.
Natural, safe, rather long lasting. Very nice but very far from an oudh scent.

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

I do love my oud/rose fragrances. Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) that particular composition is saturated on the market now. Niche, Indie or designer, it's everywhere. For an oud/rose combo to go from good to great or even fan-friggin-tastic in my books, it has to stand out amonst the rest of its competitors.
Attar Al Kaaba starts with a heavily drenched, deep and heady Taif Rose. Sandalwood joins the party shortly thereafter giving a creaminess to the composition and sweetening up the rose a bit ( the rose still stays dominant not giving up the spotlight.) As it starts to dry down the oud pokes it's head out just enough to make its presence known but in a very coy, modest way. It's definitely there but isn't the type of oud that slams you against the wall and hits up upside the head.
The rose is very consistent in this frag and remains there from beginning to end. Amber and rose blend and I then get a warm, resinous vibe with a dollop of oud.

This frag starts out with a bang. Potent and robust. Through the life of this fragrance, flames turn into embers and you're left with a very soft rose skin scent.
I do like this fragrance but it's not one of my favorites though.

As far as gender goes - wear what ever the hell you want. I don't believe any one of us should be bound by what society deems "normal" or appropriate fragrance wise.
Projection is good. The beginning however is where you're going to get the biggest bang. The middle of this fragrances life then dwindles down to moderate projection. Towards the end it becomes a skin scent.
Staying power. This is different for everyone. For me personally, I get 5 hours tops.

If you like oud/rose frags then try it out. It's inexpensive so it won't break the bank and if you don't like it you're not out too much from it.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Thank you Yamba1 for sending me this one to try. I'm impressed! I smelled the roller ball on the bottle and thought "oud", for which I have to be in the m-oud (!) but when I actually applied it to my skin the oud took a back seat and instead I got a beautifully crafted expensive-smelling rose incense, with a slightly gourmand rose candy note. It's very attractive and feminine, not for a man I would think. I'm enjoying its warm projection very much on a cold winter's day. It makes me want to try out some more of these Al Haramain perfumes. I was expecting a big blowsy oud bomb, but that was not what I got in any way.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is a very pleasant surprise - I wasn't sure if it would be too heavy (it's rich, but on cool, quite dry skin that's good as it doesn't disappear!) or smell a bit like an incense stick, it's very faintly incense-like - if you were to buy a very high quality rose incense.

When I first tested it I also had on L'Artisan's Havana Vanille, which I'd say is a good quality scent, but next to Al Kaaba it started to smell too sweet, like a fudge doughnut, or something that a supermarket would spray in its bakery section to tempt in customers

To my nose Al Kaaba starts off smelling like rich rose with a touch of swimming pool, then turns to rose incense. But after half an hour this delicious sweet amber rose emerges. It's a bit like rose flavoured treacle toffee - a lovely dark/bitter treacle-like sweetness. I think that effect is due to the small touch of bitter aoud combined with rose and amber - which probably has a touch of vanilla.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

In the line of Black Aoud, roses + oud, but in this guy here amber appears, something that brings more taste, boozy, sweet touch, and somehow balances the agar wood, amazing juice!

steve0580
steve0580

I bought this as a gift for my mother after reading about it in a discussion from here.

It was imported from Saudi Arabia and came in a very beautiful container. I think my mother liked the container as much as she did the perfume.

To me, there's nothing unisex about it. It's definitely a woman's perfume. The rose dominated floral / oudh combination is very nice. The oudh scent is quite evident, although the strength of the rose subdues it a bit.

It was a 25ml container and while that may not seem like a lot, it only takes a tiny amount to go a long way.

My mother put it on herself when I gave it to her, yesterday afternoon. She used 3 small dabs of it. It was very strong and the scent didn't seem to die down at all while I was there. As far as long lasting, she told me that she could still smell it on herself this morning.

I'm not very familiar with many women's perfumes but this one is distinct. I'd go so far as to say it's unique when it comes to the U.S. I've certainly never known another woman to wear it nor have I smelled it in passing.

If not for yourself, this makes an excellent gift based on both the container and the perfume.

missdeeblue
missdeeblue

AOUD ADDICT HERE So naturally Im going to give it great praise. I adore the oil base. So exotic, and plays very differently when hits skin heat. Alcohol based scents look in envy - sure, there are some stunning parfums based on oud, but this is seductive, smokey, sticky, sweet. Think turkish delight embers, smoking away, then throw on a handful of rose petals, and then a rock of amber. Lie on the fur rug, and inhale.

kit1982
kit1982

This is very nice. I asked a friend who works in Dubai to bring this home, she bought it at a very low price about US 25.00 at 25 mL perfume oil. At this very low price I condiser this to be very cheap because the bottle itself is an artwork, plus the box that looks like the Kaaba. I mean it, this is value for money!

The initial scent is very powerful. Floral but still very nuetral(unisex). I applied on skin under my shirt, it lasts for about more than 10 hours. Attar al Kaaba is very pleasing, many of my officemates noticed and gave nice compliments. At about 4 hours, the scent starts to become very close and intimate but still leaves a trail of perfumed path.

The drydown is basically a rose scent with a touch of soft oriental feel.

I love this. I think this will one of my favorites.

dlane1953
dlane1953

My first foray into the world of Eastern perfumes and I'm bowled over. What a seductive, rich, unctuous fragrance. Resinous, woody, with a very pronounced damascene rose accord, Attar Al Kaaba is what I always dreamed a real oriental would be. The western world's interpretation of this type of fragrance tends to fall into the sweet side of the spectrum. Here we have a heady combination of woody resins and what opens as a dark, heady rose note.

2 hours later: it's becoming a skin scent. Very different from European frags; no development through different stages over time.

3 hours later: the scent is gently fading away, leaving behind a soft trail of rose.

I recommend, but would remind potential buyers that Eastern fragrances are composed in a wholly different way than what we're used to...expect to reaaply now and again. No, applying huge quantities at once will not make it last longer; anointing yourself with a free hand will not help at all; you'll end up offending the folks around you and overpowering your own sense of smell.

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

i was happy to purchase a bottle after having read the reviews. When the bottle arrived i was expecting a somewhat heavy, tangy and sweetish rose and oud note with a hint of woods and moss. However I was surprised to sense heavy incense reminiscent of YSL Opium.
Overall easily wearable for nighttime!

velb95
velb95

IT
Dopo tanti mesi di ricerca finalmente ho ricevuto dei migliori profumi arabi alla base di olio dalla collezione Al Haramain Perfumes (Emirati Arabi Uniti) tra quali anche Attar Al Kaaba. È un vero profumo, basato sui migliori tradizioni della profumeria araba antica. È un profumo forte, ma nello stesso tempo anche molto riservato. La sua anima seducente si riconosce solo dalla distanza di un bacio.

EN
After months of web research finally I've got the best oil-based Arab scents from the Al Haramain Perfumes Collection (United Arab Emirates) One of them is Attar Al Kaaba. It's a true perfume, based on the best ancient traditions of Arabic perfumes creation. It is a strong one, but at the same time it's also very reserved. Its seductive soul is recognized only by the distance of a kiss.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Well, this is a lovely surprise! Based on the reviews here, I was intrigued to try an Arabian perfume. I bought a 3 ml roll on tester off eBay dirt cheap, and am delighted in this little gem. Like others, I found the opening a little confronting. Well, that's oud for you! But not quite as tarry as some I've tried....more medicinal perhaps. Soon after, this settles into a glorious woody, amber, rose combo that is just heavenly. I am not finding it particularly masculine as someone has noted. Quite the opposite on fact, this is soft and well rounded, suiting both sexes, but definitely suitable for females wanting an oud based scent. Anyone looking for a cheaper alternative for their oud-fix than Montale, look no further!

Kterhark
Kterhark

Well, since this is so reminiscent of my #1 fave, this is probably going to be a glowing review (that would be Caron's Pour une femme parfum)

Sandalwood and rose, with very little oud and just the right amount of amber. This oil hits its stride after 30 min or so, when it becomes just heavenly. I love the powdery note; it's like the warmest candlelight. The taif rose is regal, the sandalwood a slow moving current. And for the price point, this can't be beat.

An unexpected treasure.

Pari88
Pari88

This is the manliest of scents I have ever smelled. Western male scent types are usually zesty or musty, due to the pine and cedar, leather and tobacco. This is a true eastern scent; an ORIENTAL. It is what an intelligent man who is skilled in poetry, who treads lightly, keeps to himself and has a aloof sort of charm would wear. I would imagine a Faqir wearing this one; a man who travels much and lives a sort of nomadic life. This depicts images in my mind of "universal men": heavenly, yet down to earth. I really love this scent. I have smelled it on numerous people in my life due to it being wore by many men from my culture, and it is extremely comforting and calming. It truly makes me think of the Holy Kaaba; not only because of it's name but because of the notes, very Arabian. It is heavy yet stays close to the skin, and there are many notes in here mixed that you cant discern one from the other, but it is great that way, I like those perfumes the best. I could never see this becoming a common "commercialized" type of scent. I could never imagine many men in my city (nyc) wearing this; it would be too heavy mixed will all of our city pollution. I truly love it. A wise man's perfume. I personally think it wouldnt mesh well with a womans hormones, but give it a try. ORIENTAL; not french smelling, NOOOO civet (thank goodness!), just heavenly skin and the smell of earth!

Udaria
Udaria

After four days of wearing my first Arabic Perfume Oil, it is time for a review. I am not good at listing notes, and rather describe how the scent makes its progression.

For the unaware Western nose, there is that first fleeting feeling of something unusual - "Do I like this?" It does not take long however to feel at ease with a fresh and yet warm rose/amber scent. After an hour, it really blooms nicely. The general feel is sweet and warm. The surprise is the dry down. With regular oriental perfumes, I expect something woody like cedar or tonka bean, to round it out at the bottom, and am used to the scent getting heavier as it settles. This does not happen here. Instead, the scent fades and gets thinner, so to speak, and if anything, it smells like mimosas, completely unexpected and very pleasant. No ugly indoles lurking, no heavy animalic anything. A sweet thin flowery fade-out. I don't know whether all oud-laced perfumes behave this way, or just this one.

So, this is a great success. The only thing to watch out for - is not to overdo it. Apply it an hour before going out. With the dipstick, pinpoint a minuscule dip behind the ears, under the chin, on the chest. That's it. This scent has a certain shocking quality and interesting drama when applied. But,when painting with the dipstick in a feathery light way, it could even be a daytime scent. People would perceive it as Roses.

I may, after some further experimentation, use just a dab of this potent tincture to enhance regular perfumes - starting with fragrances that have Roses as a note. (There may be more options with other notes - but that is taking this review too far.)

kalios55
kalios55

My grandma in Thailand uses an old-fashion bee wax on her lips when she chews. She keeps this particular wax in a very small engraved precious silver box. The wax is dark brown in color and its aroma is so much like Attar Al Kaaba.

My nose detects amber, oriental balm, aromatic wood and floral notes. There is also a fainted warm spice that provides a little kick. Attar Al Kaaba is sweet, dark, and deep yet semi-transparent and comforting. The scent itself does not change much, although turns gentler as it dries down on my skin.

Attar Al Kaaba is more of a female scent in my opinion .. very potent and exotic. A couple of dabs linger and project all day. The smell reminds me of my grandma but it's definitely not dated!!

Highly recommended for a woman who knows what she wants and is unafraid to persue so ... What a rich wise and warm aroma.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

I love it! It is just the right amount of Oud for it not to be overwhelming. The Taif roses beautifully come through, they are sweet and jammy. The amber ties everything up. This is completely natural smelling and a bit earthy.

This is just divine, a sensual cosy scent.

For the price, this is a MUST buy if you like warm rose scents.

nada
nada

attar al kaaba - perfume of Kaaba, the wholiest of sites for Muslim piligrims. it meant to smell as close to heaven as humanly possible.

not bad smell. prefer Marwah attar, but this one is nice as sweet.

rdx
rdx

Discover the spirit of orient with this perfume..
I tend to categorize it a men perfume...
It would seem so strong at first , but the longer you were it through the day the more sweeter it gets..
I give it 5 stars especially if you want to give it as a very value gift from orient.

valarian
valarian

I bought this with experimental interest! I wasn't sure what I thought on first try. Pobably felt that it leaned towards men rather than women. I found myself for the first 20 mins or so trying to work out if I loved or hated it. I have to say at the moment it's more than holding my interest!

I've now had it on for half a day and am starting to love it. I'm just not sure I will wear it or if I will decide to ask my husband to wear it for me! Whilst it has a deep exotic beauty it also has a strong maleness to it.

I've had it on for a full day now and am beginning to think it will be me wearing it! It's prbably a bit too perfumed for my husband to wear.

This perfume has certainly opened up a whole knew range for me to explore. Thank you Al Haramain... much respect!

ampiko
ampiko

A manly fragrance for those who adore the scent of oudh (agarwood) from Combodia. Similar to Montale's Black Oudh minus the sweetness. An oil based long lasting fragrance.

nefertitidancer
nefertitidancer

Finally my sample came... description of this perfume evoces a smell like heaven. The first thing i smell i could swear was sweet lychies but at the same time spicy. Finally in my skin it turns out to be amazing flowers... but i wouldnt recomend to girls with my age. I think this is the most strongest perfume for me, i wash it out and it still smells... i would like it better in a very mature woman. But still i cant say that i hate this parfum.

Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes 4.31 out of 5 based on 109 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Al Haramain Perfumes Attar Al Kaaba fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Al Haramain Perfumes Attar Al Kaaba, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.