Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Balkis Al-Rehab for women and men
dislike

oud
Balkis Al-Rehab for women and men Pictures

Balkis (Balqis), named after the Queen of Sheeba, is an oriental feminine fragrance enriched with vanilla.
It is produced as:
1. Concentrated alcohol-free oil, attar, in a decorative 15ml frost glass bottle with dip-stick, decorate with silver-colored lace-like trimming
2. Eau de parfum containing alcohol in a 35ml bottle or 12ml bottle with roll-on applicator (the bottle is the same)
3. Concentrated alcohol-free oil, attar, in a 3ml roll-on bottle, suitable for purse

Purchase Balkis EDP, 12ml (2)

All Sheikh Perfumes Store products

Red Pearl

Balkis Fragrance Reviews

scentedrat
scentedrat

Wow, this one really seems to vary on wearers. When I first applied it, I got an immediate dose of heavy, very sweet gourmand. Vanilla, sweet amber, and sugar. Very familiar type of scent that I smell on lots of women and dislike because they are so intrusive. After an hour it had softened somewhat, but was still too sweet, and too much. I did start getting a tiny bit of spicy something, but those first too-strong notes never left. To me, it is not floral or woody, and most definitely not fresh, but instead smells like your average heavy vanilla-amber, and it doesn't seem to meld into my skin. I feel like I really missed out on lots of great notes, but my chemistry got stuck!

I had much better luck with Sabaya, which another reviewer mentioned was in the same family.

shugsdiamond
shugsdiamond

I didn't like this smell at all .. Smells like OINTMENT ! None of the oils last more than 3 hours .. Good while it lasts

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

Soft creamy feminine perfume, simple but very nice :) yet it doesn't blow me away.
A good safe blind buy since it's cheap.

cirmi
cirmi

This is my favorite Al Rehab scent, next to Full, Sabaya and Saat safa. I really really love it. In the beginning I didn't understand this scent and couldn't tell notes from this, it was strange, but later it became my fave. I can imagine wearing it night and day, in all 4 seasons. I gifted one to a friend of mine and she loves it too, asked me to order for her and for her Mom, too. <3

marie rose
marie rose

Smells like a fresh sweet fruit salad. Creamy vanilla marshmallow. Light rose /jasmine. Long lasting sensual, thick, and feminine.It has a slight wood smoke incense vibe to it that makes it sexy and alluring. Wonderful to layer if you need some sweetness. I love Al Rehab as they project well and are long lasting. Roll on oil last 6 hours on me. I would use this all seasons.

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

Perhaps I'm weird, but in the opening I smell lots of peaches. Very creamy, sweet peaches with a bit of lemon. And then, jazmine and roses. Something camphory later on, perhaps some sandal, spices, powdery vanilla and more flowers. Is there some cinnamon too? This is absolutely divine. Not unisex, more on the feminine side. It's delicate, distinct and unbelievable addictive. Soapy and clean, but not fresh. I love it. Smells like an expensive designer Western perfume. So glamorous!

Ambergris Intoxication
Ambergris Intoxication

6ml attar style oil

Like many of Al Rehab oud attars it starts out with a somewhat sharp and zingy wood. The exact ingredients are hard for me to pick out. I can really only use words like sharp, tart, spicy and woody for the top notes. Than it turns sort of chocolatey, ginger and warm spicy powder. Maybe a bit of Carnation? Ending sort of toast and jam and then more chocolate.
The funny thing about Balkis is that it didn't smell the same the first time I tried it. Than it was warmer outside and it smelled sweeter.

It has a shorter life than some of the other Al Rehab attars I've tried and I think this could do with a bit of castoreum to tie it all together.

All in all Balkis is in my like list for sure!

drugstore classics

Another Al Rehab in this same general category would be Sabaya, not yet on the database. Sabaya has fruit, forals, musk, and jasmine, blended together to create a sunny, yellow/orange aura of happiness. :D

Sabaya's notes are similar enough to Balkis to give me pause, and yet the overall emphasis strikes one as a different shade of the same color scheme. It is lighter, less tangy, and not as spicy. All of which makes Sabaya sound uninteresting, which most certainly is not the case. She is sultry, fresh, floral, and tropical - all at once. A summer song!

Incidentally, layered with oud or sandalwood, Sabaya could well work for a man, but on her own she is so feminine that the average man will at once envision a pretty woman. Or should I say Gorgeous?!!!

ecscentrix
ecscentrix

@ Sam ldh
I agree with your views completely. And once again you've succeeded in hitting the nail on its head, bullseye! Members like you make Fragrantica all the more interesting, and fresh. Otherwise it'd just become monotonous and repetitive.
Thumbs up from me & keep it up!

sam ldh
sam ldh

Sometimes I wonder, what would peoples' response be like, If these Al-Rehab oils are packed in heavier crystal flacons, with exquisitely gold metallic caps, priced at $ 30 per 3 ml , and renamed "La Orientale Arabicana" Al-Rehab Exclusive Collection", what would be the response of people? Especially, those who outright, shunned these attar,and despise them so much,that the only place they believe these attar belong are their dustbins!
But, throwing away a $ 4 value vial is easier, and rather insignificant,compared to throwing a $ 30 "La Orientale Arabicana" bottle!
I believe these same snobs who are trashing away bottles, in review after review, wouldn't even dare to trashing a $30 bottle even in their dreams! Rather, these same bunch, would be singing an entirely different song altogether! Praising these very oils as being Indigenious creations of Arabian perfumery, proclaiming these same attars to be well-made stuff!

Infact, I challenge, They wouldn't be able to differentiate /recognize an
Al-Rehab attar, unless they're told, in a blindfolded Sniffing!
So, what does it bring to light? It unfolds the reality of human-nature, how we keep deceiving others , ourselves, with pretentious fabrications of our mind which creates a spurious sense of importance , and self-deception, alongside deceiving other people, too, by phony baseless opinions,
to what end?
None. No output, really!

As the name implied, I didn't order for buying this feminine scent, so, this time, I can only speak about Al-Rehab overall impressions discovered so far!

If you like the notes, please consult Fragrantica,and read the positive & neutral reviews, that will be enough to make up your mind, and going forward to buying this attar!

Rest assured the performance and blending quality won't let you down!
This, after twenty three scents' performance-monitoring, having been done personally!
And yes, the positive reviews writing public isn't anosmic!!

You might want to checkout my reviews of Lord, Sultan, Zidan etc.,they're amazing perfume, friends, and very western-oriented, too!

Gud luck
Happy Sniffing!

Sam

Dar123
Dar123

I really enjoyed this. It might be my favourite scent from Al-Rehab. It's fruity, sweet with some spice. Very sensuous.

alimuanis

i reviewed this before and i said it's bad perfume .
i'm sorry to saying that i give it chance like i did with *sultan * the second chance always make it clear for any thing .
and i must say this :-

Balkis is amazing fragrance with amazing drydown to sweetness scent you will ever smell absolutely beautiful scent mix with sweet scent mix with roses and balsamic i remember the drydown for 1 million not same scent or like it in smell or scent ..NO NO i want say it's like the way for 1 million he drydown to sweetness scent lovely scent . and i don't comparing it with 1 million as a scent NO NO ..
i comparing the way in the drydown..
*Balkis* by Al-Rehab a unisex perfume it's from the best in Al-Rehab house ever made .
until now my like my fav from Al-Rehab fragrance is :-
1* Silver
2*Balkis
3* sultan
and i still give the others second chance to try them all and reviews them with honest opinion.
and i just belive and love any opinions it's the freedom in opinions that's why i don't delete my old reviews if it's not likable for others ..
some be angry some dislike you if you don't like what they like some of admin blocked your opinion your review and you may change your mind just if they leat it go until the right time .. why ??? just because you don't like what they like or he like or she like that's it.
((the freedom in opinion))...that's my belive and my way to live with..

Balkis rating : 7/10

Estreen
Estreen

Balkis is a pleasantly sweet, sightly fruity, almost gourmand smell. It smells similar to Lancome's Hypnose, except that Balkis is more genuine, has greater depth/complexity, and has a much finer drydown.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Its quite a sweet gourmand, which however starts from pleasant and bizarre indolic jasmine note and has a musky drydown.
Don't know why its named after Queen of Sheeba.
Maybe because mysterious Kingdom of Sheba (now Ephiopia) was called in ancient times "the land of milk and honey"?.. Then Balkis ticks the boxes.
This oil lasts forever.

jalhumid92
jalhumid92

A great fragrance for an even better price! Don't be fooled by the cost, however. Many Middle Eastern perfume houses are much less expensive than the ones you'd find in the West. I don't sense any oudh in this at all, rather I'd say it starts off very sweet and fruity, and I do sense some spicy florals and incense...and perhaps a touch of vanilla? I have a few of the 3ml bottles and truly a little goes a long way!

Malabranca
Malabranca

I like this scent. It opens with floral notes, and the drydown is spicy with some carnation and smoky woody notes. It doesn't have heavy sillage for me, it's more moderate. It does remind me of Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique a little, but this is definitely more spicy.

alimuanis

as a eastern man i must to apologize to all brands of European and American brands that compare with this Eastern fragrances which is unbearable. But after my apologies to those of European and American brands I want to say that the mistake is not from the East people it's from the West people, why ???? I'll tell you why, because people from the west from Europe and America say that this a fragrance irresistible and it's like some of good fragrance from good brand and i believe them. why i believe them ??? because i said thy are from the modern world they live in heaven but on the earth that's why so i buy 10 ugly bottles from Al-Rehab, i don't think even for one second they will be wrong not all of them just some who says so and comparing good stuff with ugly stuff ! i respect all western world and western people in fact i love the western people and i'm so addict to good stuff from west from america or europe.

unbelievable how they comparing Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for women with this ugly and annoying scent and harsh scent .
35 mL
price : $ 2 USD
My opinion: 3/10

mvd99
mvd99

I could not agree more with you Heavybeats UK, it smells like JPG Classique. My husband thought it was ok but I thought it was too cloying so it just sits on my shelf.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I'm immediately reminded of the 90s with this fragrance, it's a heavier version of Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique with a bit more spice. Sits close to the skin on me.

mustachedaisy
mustachedaisy

I'm not sure how I feel about this scent yet. I had compliments on it, but it's not what I'm used to. I am working on getting out of my comfort zone with fragrance and this is one that will do it.

Labaloo

Here is an additional note about the title of this perfume, for those interested:

'Balkis' is the name designated to the legendary Queen of Sheba, and with it all of the connotations that this name implies: strength, wisdom, courage, and great beauty.

Adrien02
Adrien02

The fruity opening mentioned by 'drugstore classics' is what seemed to linger for far too long for me. I kept hoping that the oud would somehow rescue me but it didn't. I wound up giving it away.

luv2travel789
luv2travel789

I tried this perfume while waiting for my falafal in a Middle Eastern Deli. It was so blah... I was going to try and wash it off after I finished eating but forgot. An hour or so later as we were almost home my fried said "what is that incredible smell"? I was like, I don't know but I can't believe how great it it... I thought it must be one of the cards I had grabbed in Sephora so started digging around in my purse trying to figure out which one it was. I finally realized it was the Balkis wafting up from my wrist. I can not believe how much it changed in an hour! This perfume oil is infreakingcredible! I smelled it for hours and started obsessing over it. The next moring found me in the car for the 2 hour round trip drive back to buy this $2 beauty. I have worn it daily for a week and it has garnered more compliments than anything else I own. Love Love Love this little bottle of perfume oil. WOW!!!

Update: I realized what this reminds me of. Tauer's L'air du desert Morocain.

drugstore classics

On my skin Balkis bares a distinct resemblance to Classique, though magnified in intensity and aura. By comparison, Classique is a mere body spray! If blindfolded, I would immediately guess that Balkis is the more expensive scent. She radiates warmth and decadence like the best of a bygone era.

Update - The opening notes may indeed scare off a few potential Balkis lovers. The wierd fruity/lemon opening doesn't last long, and the resulting 80's powerhouse aroma is so enthralling that I completely forget about the first few minutes.

Conclusion:

If you're currently searching for a rich floriental, try Balkis. On the right skin, this loud and lovely beauty is SENSATIONAL. Definately for the most feminine bombshells!

Rating = 5 stars

nitschevo
nitschevo

Very nice!
This is my third Al-Rehab oil and I am for sure going to try out more. So much fun! On me the beginning is fruity which is weird but that quickly vanishes and I am left with a very dry and powdery vanilla, although it's not listed. I do get some flowers later on as well as oud in the dry down, but just a tinsy tiny bit. Very lovely!

Labaloo

I'm not sure what to make of this one either- it is an unusual perfume and the blending/balancing is so good that I'm having a hard time picking out notes- definitely there is more going on than the notes listed above... and more than I can try to state here. Very complex with a unique character! I get a sense of licorice (in agreement with patxaran below)- not directly, but more how it bends the fragrance- distinct from anise or fennel. Someone ahead of me also mentioned "pyrethrin" which is extracted from chrysanthemums. While I'm not getting chrysanthemum exactly, I AM sensing a flower in the compositae family- like davana flowers or yarrow. It is a floral that I am simply not used to smelling in perfumes, that has a "low" and slightly-powdery/dusty-herbaceous-yet-sweet scent. Very odd, and intriguing to me. This one note makes this fragrance stand apart from any others I've ever smelt. It's almost fig-like. I am sensing tuberose, jasmine, and ylang-ylang also- all in such delicate amounts that they merely accentuate the sweetness which contrasts an overall "dry-woody" fragrance. A wee bit of rose that I almost blinked and missed. A couple reviewers have mentioned a likeness to 'Poeme' and I must agree- especially after an hour into the drydown- though it is definitely "drier". I sense benzoin for sure, and maybe a smidge of labdanum and frankincense for an interesting amber accord. A little vetiver? Ebony or guaic wood? Balsam of tolu? Styrax? Lets' just say "dark woods". Definitely there is musk- a nice musk and a touch of vanilla (and not coumarin/tonka/woodruff) to add "roundness".

And it is a "round" and sensuous fragrance overall- with that odd flower in sympathy with the woods. Definitely evening fare... and I'd say if you're someone who likes a deep, exotic, sweet/dry-floral-woody-spicy-musky-oriental (this hardly describes it), then you would probably like this one very much! Actually, I could say that if you like florientals like 'Poeme', 'Jasmin Noir', 'Crystal Noir', 'Cashmere Mist', and 'Bal a Versaille', this would be right up your alley. Maybe. Personally, I'm starting to love it!

Sillage (& longevity): I thought it was moderate until my mother was kind enough to inform me otherwise: heavy-verging-on-enormous (~6-8') for about 5 hours, then it recedes to soft, exposing the caramel-y benzoin and musk base which lingers on past 12 hours.

P.S. I am absolutely NOT sensing any oudh in here. That's a misconception to assume that all mid-eastern scents employ oudh.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

The first spritz was sweet, masculine, slightly woody, (possibly the Oud note). I couldn't really make up my mind whether I liked this or not so I spritzed this on my hubby as I felt that it was suited to a male wearer rather than a female. It disappeared from his skin very quickly and to be fair, he didn't seem terribly impressed with the smell anyway.
As with all Al Rehab fragrances, the notes are not very apparent to me. I couldn't really smell Oud in this fragrance, but there was a vague forestry, woody note there.
I decided to use it as a room spray and then forgot about it for an hour or so.
What happened later was amazing as this rather strange perfume morphed into something so gorgeous that I was looking around to see where this amazing smell was coming from and then I realised that it was me!!
So in conclusion, if you can get past the first half hour or so, then the drydown is well worth waiting for as it is seriously glorious and delightful, sweet, slightly gourmand, fruity and oh so pretty!!
The down side is that the longevity is fair, this lasts for about 3/4 hours, but for £2.99 a bottle, a few extra spritzes a day won't hurt anyone, least of all the bank balance.

mhubbard

The strangest thing happened after I posted the review below. An hour or so later, I went to get into the shower and I whiffed the back of my hand....Balkis had morphed into something almost like Poeme. Without the sweetness. What a surprise! I have heard of this morphing but never experienced it with any perfume in some 25 years of perfuming. I still could not wear it because of the first hour, but I thought I would let people know my experience.

mhubbard

I have tried many Al-rehab scents, frequently with excellent results. Unfortunately, I do not care for this one, as it is not the type of scent I enjoy, usually gourmands and florals. I do not detect any powdery, floral or fresh spicy notes here, only a generic perfume-y type smell that reminds me of some Avons. I might describe this scent as a little woody, but I do not smell amber, musk, incense or anything pleasant. I am unfamiliar with oud, perhaps that is the unpleasant note here. Not sorry I tried it for the price however-live and learn.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Balkis started out with a strange combination of incense, anise and permethrin of all things, which is an insecticide clothing can be infused with. Within the first half hour, a sweet-cedar note appeared, combining with and then replacing the incense—fortunately, the insect repellent smell disappeared, but the woodiness still is vaguely reminiscent of camping and deep woods. It is a rich smell that I’m tempted to call exotic. While there is woodiness, there is also a light spiciness and maybe even a hint of floral-vanilla which is lovely.

Balkis almost reminds me of With Love, which had a strong cedar note combined with unique spices. With Love smelled too much like BBQ on me, but Balkis is spicy and woody without being too savory-foody.

This fragrance is fading after about 4 hours, as it is only apparent when I press my face to my wrist. It is pleasant and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a lightly spicy woody scent, especially for the price.

patxaran
patxaran

First off, it seems to me that the notes listed for this scent are totally incorrect (maybe they have been mixed up with another Al Rehab scent). As cairorose said, it’s hard to pinpoint single notes, however this strikes me more as a vanilla white flower and perhaps cinnamon spice combo than a rose-y oud scent. In my reviews I am often tempted to say “this smells like XYZ”. Well, the problem here is that Balkis rocks up as crowd pleasing perfumey chameleon just like a glib politician desperate for votes. So it tries to cater to everyone's taste and ends up being nothing too specific for nobody. I am not usually one for the crowd pleasers that you come across everywhere in the street and in stores. Balkis seems to elegantly quote so many of them it’s like a best of vanilla amber jasmine hit parade. I should add there is a fleeting balmy liquorice type of note that comes and goes, particularly in the first couple of hours. Definitely good bang for the buck, as long as you are after this type of bang erm fragrance. I have not come to a conclusion what to make of this but it might be a textbook meh for me.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

For those who have been wanting to try Al Rehab perfumes this is a great start for the Western noses... It is a deep lush Oriental with a sweet touch and powdery musk dry down. I agree it is well blended so no particular note pops out. Definitely will get you some compliments. As with all Al Rehab perfumes do not over do, this is potent stuff, start with just a dab.

doormouse1
doormouse1

Just a handy hint on how to use the oils in the roll-on bottles.

When you have dried off after your shower:

Roll a strip of oil about two inches long across the palm of one hand. Rub your hands together briskly, then rub your hands over yourself. Repeat if you feel one application wasn't enough, as this will depend upon the strength/throw of the oil you have chosen. You will smell fabulous all day long. You will not stain or mark your clothing.

Do not put rollerball oil directly onto your skin, or it will feel greasy and will smell far too strong.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

P.S. to all fragranticans there are many other Al-Rehab gems that are not listed in the drop down database.

SUSAN-beautiful slightly sweet oriental with honey-like notes, this bears a striking resemblance to Amarige perfume for a fraction of the cost.

LOVELY-the most beautiful creamy summery citrus scent, with a sexy musky dry down.

FANTASTIC-has a nice and creamy light musk smell that is very addicting, it also has some rose,red berries, vanilla, grey pepper, jasmine, white amber and tuberose, this smells VERY expensive, but is not.

ISTANBUL ROSE-is a soliflore of pure sweet Turkish rose, this puts tea rose by PWS to SHAME, smells life-like with dew still clinging to it.

SOFT-Is a grown n sexy version of Pink Sugar, if you like Pink Sugar but feel it's too juvenile give Soft a try, it is GORGEOUS.

RED ROSE- is a blend of taif rose (also known as Bulgarian rose) and amber, making this a oriental/balmy rose, this one is just DIVINE.

BAKHOUR-is a sweet musk with rose, amber and jasmine it's very oriental and sensual at the same time, it has an "expensive lotion" smell to it.

All of these scents have a staying power of about 6-8 hours, hope this helps fragraticans and remember free your mind and your nose will follow.

Sassy1

Sorry, after wearing this (oil) a few more times, there's something in it that's just really blaring and headache inducing.
I don't know if it's the fixative oil used but this verges on rancid for me...can't stand it.

Roma27
Roma27

Balkis is a beautiful, pleasant spicy floral. It is easy on the nose & goes on rather thick & lush but dries down to a soft musky amber spice. The floral notes are indiscernible but I would guess white florals, maybe Magnolia or Gardenia, perhaps jasmine but not as prominent. It remains a very spicy/woodsy perfume. My nose detects no fruits. Ideal for winter or autumn months, day or night. I find the lasting power good but not as potent as others in this range of Arabic oils. I could see myself using this. It's reasonably priced & ok for everyday wear. For an Al-Rehab scent it's ok. Where I'm from there are some that go nutty for Balkis in particular. It is one of the popular ones from the Al-Rehab brand.

Udaria
Udaria

This is a spicy and friendly perfume. I don't notice any difference on the skin whether I use the roll-on or a spritz of the Eau de Parfum. Immediately, a camphorous smell came to my mind and that was the weird but beautiful smell of Nubian Heritage Honey & Black Seed Lotion. That cream is so potent, that it could be used for a solid perfume.

Almost the same pungent, spicy, round, sweet, ambery scent radiates from the roll-on perfume oil and the alcohol diluted Eau de Parfum.

Do I like it ? Yes, I like it well enough. It is not in the quality of a well constructed niche fragrance, but there is nothing wrong with it either. Like Barbara LeBui - Le Perfume, this Balkis hangs around you like a soft ambery cloud, not offensive to my nose, nor to anybody else's. A go-to perfume, especially in the Summer. Just something light to spray on.

Something light to spray into your drawer, freshen the room with it, or wear it when you have nothing much to do, and don't aim to make a great fragrance statement.

Sassy1

I decided to try some arabian oils, looking for a deep sweet spicy scent. This one isn't it...

Balkis starts out very fruity and sweet with only a hint of smokyness. If there was such a thing as mango kool aid incense this would be it.

I do pick up a little more spice after 20 min or so but it's very subtle and the overall tone of the scent doesn't evolve or change beyond that.

As far as oils go, this seems to be made for summertime, wearable in hot weather. Would also be acceptable as a starter oil for the younger set.

Not what I was looking for but pleasant nonetheless.

Update: this smells just like Nag Champa incense, actually.

[email protected]
bang.tony66@yahoo.com

arrehab was a good parfume...it was so amazing

Anbreen

I bought six bottles. It is INTOXOCATING!

Anbreen

Very rich and classy. It smells expensive, with the quality of the old movie star scents of the 40s. I love the stuff! Harlow would wear this!

froken
froken

There's no woman in our office or among my friends who hasn't liked it or at least said a bad word against this perfume.
Oriental-spicy, rich, but mild. Vigorous, not slack. Of Midnight Poison sort. Some people find it (and quite truly so) rather like Tomorrow by Avon. Though Avon perfume much lighter than Balkis.

vtothek
vtothek

Ok, just got a 35 ml of this one too. I tried it on, and while there's definately a vanilla accord it's very faint. Other than that there's lots of flowers (can't really name any, except maybe the faint smell of rose) and a bit of spiciness. I'd smelled this before and finally figured it out - it's a nicer version of Tomorrow by Avon. While Tomorrow is cheap and overly sweet, Balkis manages to get the same feel down much better, aligning the notes in a way that it smells delightful instead of annoying after a few minutes. I'd say if you like spciy florals, then try this one out, you'll probably like it.

golden
golden

Sounds divine this is one i have to have.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

dear Maulik, make a click on the link, and send a message via ebay to ms. libby maktari and try to see whether you can visit the shop and try out the fragrances there, as they are london based. we do not sell perfumes and do not have samples. :)

2007