Designers » A » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Choco Musk Al-Rehab for women and men

Choco Musk Al-Rehab for women and men
dislike

cacao

Choco Musk by Al-Rehab is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features white musk, milk chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, rose, sandalwood, myrrh, amber and spicy notes.

White Musk Milk Chocolate Vanilla Cinnamon Rose Sandalwood Myrrh Amber Spicy Notes

Chocolate Greedy
Amour De Cacao
Serendipitous
Chocolovers

Choco Musk Fragrance Reviews

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

Usually my skin amplifies sweet notes (or maybe my tolerance is very low!) so gourmand fragrances often end up being sickly sweet to my nose.
Choco Musk on my skin is more a buttery, creamy dark vanilla than a chocolate scent (I could smell much more cocoa in Amour de Cacao, Comptoir Sud Pacifique, which I didn't really like).
Rather than the single ingredient, it almost smells like a whole cookie: the butter and the vanilla in the dough, plus some chocolate chips.
It's a really mouthwatering fragrance!

Stacierew
Stacierew

Out of sheer curiosity, I ordered this one off of amazon for a mere 4 dollars.I had stumbled across choco musk in several reviews, and figured for the price tag, it couldnt hurt. It arrived on a cool, rainy day-an hour before I was to leave for a trip to the mountains here in Colorado. Such a delightful scent, I couldn't believe my nose. I detect chocolate. certainly. It isnt a deep bitter chocolate. This is a soft cocoa, accented by high sweet notes of sugar. It reminded me of the milk chocolate lip smackers I wore as a tween. Rich, and lovely, it melts into your skin. The dry down vanillin type note is indeed very marshmallowy, and the whole composition put me in a happy mood, particularly with the cool weather and hints of s'mores. This apparently has wonderful projection, as a lady standing 10 feet away remarked "you smell fantastic!". If you love rich, playful scents, you MUST own this. It is insanely cheap and lovely. I am now on a quest to try more al-rehab oils, and ordered 5 of them today. Simply delicious!

Soie

Choco Musk layers very nicely with Al-Rehab Noria, a non-sweet coconut-almond & musk fragrance (which is not in the Fragrantica database).

These two together smell something like a chocolate bon-bon, or a chocolate candy bar with lots of almonds.

[I don't view Choco Musk as needing any assistance in smelling great but, for me, Noria seems to need some help, as it is not gourmand enough for my liking.]

Soie

I saw a lot of mentions of marshmallow (it, as well as honey, which my nose does not detect) as being an accord of this fragrance. I couldn't figure out what was meant by this until I gave Choco Musk a really thorough testing, and examined what it is I myself perceive the smell to be versus others' perception of it.

What I smell in Choco Musk is Hershey's chocolate, or even its cocoa powder, mixed in with a very sweet, foody vanilla, and what smelled to me like the scent of malted milk powder (e.g. Horlicks; Ovaltine; Carnation brand, etc).

Yeah, so it was like, "Eureka! That's it!"

In testing it and actually thinking about what it is I was smelling, I could definitely understand why others interpret the same aroma as being one of marshmallow instead of malt powder, and have come to think of it in that way myself.

I must say, too, that Choco Musk is quite addicting; I tested it at my computer desk one night, and late the next day, when I went to my PC, I could smell it on the desk itself, and almost like a junky, was immediately drawn to its distinctive aroma.

kasks
kasks

Take a huge slab of milk chocolate and a little bit of dark chocolate and melt it. Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and a generous dash of cinnamon. Warm it on a stove until it reaches a thick syrupy consistency. Imagine a touch of smokiness to this mixture which becomes noticeable with time. Voila! Al Rehab's Choco Musk.
This creation seems to start blending in with my skin to the point where I feel that the notes just seep through and become a second skin. It definitely mingles with your skin chemistry to start that wonderful aroma, so the intensity and development of notes could vary depending on how youre feeling that day. Don't be fooled by the innocent looking bottle. Longevity is enormous and sillage is definitely noticeable. On my skin, with time, the perfume becomes smoky. Chocolate, Vanilla with a deep base ( Musk and Amber combined), which is neither too serious nor too childish. What more can I ask for?
This is the review for the perfume oil. If they have a spray form, I would pick up two bottles without hesitation.

patxaran
patxaran

I have had this oil for a while but not worn very often and was always tempted to layer as I thought it was just too straightforwad "vanilla + Chocolate". Boy was I wrong! I gifted my friend a roll-on when I made my last multi-buy of Al Rehabs. So yesterday without any mentioning to me (and without having any idea of how to find the right dosage) she tried it out. It smelled so amazing on her. We were walking outside on a sunny day and although this is a fragrance more suited to colder days I just kept thinking how rich and sophisticated a scent trail this stuff leaves. For a moment I tried to forget that this was the same stuff I had dismissed as being "too simple" at times and I could easily imagine my friend was wearing a super expensive niche fragrance. Sometimes you have to smell something on someone else before you can fully appreciate it.

nanapalooza
nanapalooza

I don't get what other people are smelling. There isn't enough chocolate! It smells mostly woody and spicy to me, kind of like black pepper with a hint of cacao. And very musky. It's much too masculine in my opinion. Or maybe this just doesn't work with my body chemistry, what a shame.

fadwa.daddou
fadwa.daddou

I bought the oil today and Im happy with that fragrance ,First I get a lot of burnt sugar or caramel , then when it dried down it smelled like vanilla a very soft vanilla with a pretty sweetness I really like it and I want to buy another one and give it to my boyfreind i4M SURE it's gonna suit him perfectly

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Wonderful again. Al Rehab has 2 gourmands that I love. This and soft are excellent! It's more than chocolate scent as I detect every note but rose. The amber and cinnamon give it some substance while sitting on a base of musk. Great chocolate and well rounded scent? Can be worn by guys as well.

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

Marshmallows coated with hot cocoa powder. Not a very dark chocolate, a milk chocolate with lots of vanilla sugar. For less than $4.00, I am very very pleased. Still on the lookout for something a little deeper, though :)
On dry down I can smell a little spiciness , and more of the sandalwood note. I'm liking this very much!

kingdanny4754
kingdanny4754

If you want chocolate base fragrance get this. Best chocolate on the market. Starts out with deep dark chocolate like a Hershey bar then comes marshmallows and vanilla. It's very sweet, smooth, edible, creamy, delicious, warm, comforting chocolate fragrance. This beats out other chocolate fragrances because not only the smell but the price. Must have for any gourmand lovers. I can't believe how it smells so realistic. I kinda look at fragrances different after smelling this if such a masterpiece can be so cheap authentic, why other fragrance houses charge $160 to $300 for their chocolate fragrances? Beyond satisfied with this purchase. 10/10.

sunz
sunz

I bought this perfume based on suggestion I received in Perfumes Talk. It smell really chocolaty with a sense of essence vanilla for me. I love it! On my first day wearing it, almost everybody passing around me keep asking about a smell of cookies especially it is a fasting month in my country right now.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

A gourmand lovers paradise. Absolutely amazing. I have the 50 ml spray, and this thing lasts and projects better than ANYTHING that I own. Paid $11 for it, and works better than any niche frag that I own. If you're a gourmand lover, blind buy this. Totally worth the risk. There is no risk! If you like the way chocolate tastes, it Smells just like that.

Turtledove

So, I already reviewed this one, but a friend just said that it smelled like sticking your face into a bowl of cocoa puffs. That's pretty much exactly how it is, and I love it!

Kathrynsich
Kathrynsich

So chocolatey! Love it for when I'm craving a sweet fragrance. And you can't beat Al-Rehab roll-on prices. I usually keep this one or the one that smells just like Pink Sugar in my purse.

Grimly Fiendish
Grimly Fiendish

I just bought this little power-bomb of an oil based on the glowing reviews. My expectations were very high, and I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed! This stuff is POTENT, so apply with caution.

Other reviewers have said it and I'll go ahead and echo: this smells a lot like Cocoa Puffs cereal, and of marshmallows drenched in chocolate. I'll also add that it smells exactly like a chocolate candle that I used to have. It starts off very sweet, but over time the musk and sandalwood kicks in, making it slightly more mature.

I wore it out for the first time tonight. I put just a few dabs on my wrists and neck. My mother, who has NEVER commented on any of my perfumes before, walked into my room several minutes after applying, and she remarked on how good I smelled as soon as she stepped foot through my door. Several hours later, my boyfriend smelled it on me and exclaimed, "Mmmm, I could eat you up!" It projects very well, way better than any of my EDPs, and lasts a very long time.

It's best suited for colder months, but I'll probably wear this guilty pleasure year-round, either on its own or layered with other perfumes. This oil is a steal for the measly price! It's proof that you don't have to pay a fortune for great quality.

mista majestic
mista majestic

See the review below! It's bang on.

I have the edt spray and it's longevity is amazing.

nsquared
nsquared

A good, simple go-to oil when you want something casual. It's easy to wear, not that complex and smells of vanilla, chocolate and marshmallow. It has very good longevity and I get 10 or more hours from it. It's also very good for layering with other gourmand fragrances to give them a little chocolate boost. A little hard to wear in the hotter months, but in Fall, Winter and even early Spring it's a winner if you love chocolate.

JoeOM
JoeOM

Hot chocolate cake straight out of the oven, covered in marshmallows and honey! Yum!
Long lasting and projects great!

Turtledove

This starts out REALLY sweet, tooth-meltingly sweet, like burnt sugar and marshmallows drizzled in honey then melted into hot chocolate. It's a bit much. Thankfully it calms down a bit after the beginning, it's worth waiting it out.

The drydown is a nice, soft, marshmallowy chocolate. It's musky in a fluffy background kind of way, and there's something that cuts the sweetness after the initial blast. The chocolate note seems to last all the way through. It's still a soft, milky, sweet kind of chocolate, but it's the most realistic one I've tried so far. It also lasts for quite a while.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I think any lovers of sweet gourmands should add this one to their collection! A gorgeous interplay of notes dominated by vanilla and chocolate, with a subtle edge of bitterness from myrrh (or opopanax?) to offset the sweetness. The heart reveals a touch of orange-blossom, the warm base has a delectable dab of benzoin adding depth to the "burnt sugar" effect. Simple and delicious! Great longevity, and amazing for the price!

Fräulein Schill
Fräulein Schill

Are there any fake Choco Musks on the market at the moment or it does smell a bit more caramely rather than pure chocolaty? I have funny feeling some bottles are fake, I have noticed the design looks quite different to an original one. Wanted to check, ordered the next bottle but got the same design though. Shame! Does anybody know that's up? Thanks.

del
del

Choco Musk Perfume Oil is a warm and delicious gourmand scent dominated by chocolate and vanilla. It is true to its name, and to my nose, it smells like a combination of a bakeshop and a hot chocolate/cocoa drink, just like its more expensive niche counterpart Chocolate Greedy by Montale.

Choco Musk is a delectable treat for all fans of chocolate scent. It is extremely long-lasting, with a nice sillage. A really great fragrance for the price (less than $4 for the 6ml roll-on). Two thumbs up for Choco Musk!

jacquir
jacquir

I don't like chocolate and I don't like musk but the man on the Al Rehab stall in the Rag Market in Birmingham persuaded me to try Chocomusk and I'm glad I did because neither of those notes stand out to me, certainly there's no chocolate chip cookie or hot chocolate in there for me. I just get hints of them with spice and amber and a sweet floral note that develops as I wear it. Like others by Al Rehab I've tried it smells classy, hugely more expensive than the £2 I paid for the oil. It lasts a few hours, though for me how long any perfume lasts tends to depend on the weather and even how I'm feeling, and it doesn't project greatly but I'm happy about that because I think it could overpower if the sillage was heavier. I have tried layering some of the Al Rehab perfumes but I'm not sure about Chocomusk because it already has so many strong notes in it adding something else might become sickly or confusing.

Orshi
Orshi

Oh my god, it's delicious! True milk chocolate! Growing up we had this dessert that you could buy near beaches in the summer. It was warm waffle with milk chocolate whipped cream on top. This is exactly what it smelled like! I have the roller ball but I'm seriously considering buying the perfume spray. I love scents that take me back to my childhood.:)

Cochlea
Cochlea

So Yummy!!! This was a blind buy based on the reviews. This smells and tastes like a very rich chocolate pecan pie. If you do not like sweet smells then you will not like this. This is ridiculously cheap. Try it!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Thank you kindredspirit for sending me a cute roller-ball to try. It is certainly chocolatey, but also has a big dose of vanilla which makes it sweet and not so appealing as a dry, dark chocolate. I can't pick up any musk, rose or other listed ingredients. I still think Montale's Chocolate Greedy is the best smelling chocolate perfume, however the Al-Rehab beats it hands down in the longevity stakes, 5 hours and counting on my skin.

hanson26
hanson26

This is such a lovely gourmand, it's not all chocolate by any means. The chocolate here is of the sweet, milky variety, but there's also plenty of vanilla, musk, and sandalwood. It's soft and creamy and yes, it smells like cookies, but it's also fairly complex for the price. I love the way it smells. Where it loses points is in the sillage department. Longevity is fine, but I can't smell it unless I shove my wrist right in front of my nose. It doesn't really project past the skin at all for me. Had I not tried other Al-Rehabs, I would think this is just a feature of perfume oils, but others have been very strong. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of projection, but I still love it because it smells so yummy.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I took my sweet time reviewing this one because it was simply hard for me to gather an opinion. For starters, this is compared to so many other chocolate scents that I've smelt before, so I spent a lot of time trying to pick out why it exactly smelt like what, and what smelt more like it.
Well, to be honest my first reaction to choco musk was disappointment. I had heard the raves, and while I knew it was just a cheapie, I was expecting chocolate greedy. My nose is spoiled, as far as chocolate perfumes go, I've smelt the best of the best. Holding up this little oil that costs $4 to these niche and exclusive chocolate monsters just isn't fair, though. I've realized that.
Choco musk to be smells like milk chocolate coated marshmallows. It's yummy, sweet, simple, it last's a good while, it projects okay. It's not overly rich as far as chocolate goes, it has plenty of vanilla on me. It makes me hungry, it smells realistic. It's good! But it's not montale, guerlain, or chocolovers.
This fragrance is about perspective to me. I really like having this to layer actually, it adds more sweet chocolate "fluff" to just about any brew. :)

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

update: Montale Greedy is the best and long lasting
On my skin this oil is very light and it starts off like chocolate but with my body heat it turns out smelling like a gum/chapstick chocolate..so it turns sweet but not in the direction i would of preferred this to go.I will probably layer this with my other chocolate scents to add some depth but if your looking for deep dark chocolate in this one i am afraid you might be disappointed.Thank goodness i only got one. If it layers well with my other chocolate frags then i will buy some more but i was a bit disappointed in this one. Thank goodness it was a gift and a cheaper one at that. I will see how Montale's Greedy works out for me instead.

violetbat

I have already reviewed this wonderful oil but I wanted to add something, not about my views but on the reactions from other people when I wear it. Without fail people near me comment. At the checkout for example in shops the sales assistants ask each other " I can smell chocolate biscuits can you? where IS that smell coming from?" It makes me smile. It makes others feel good just smelling it!

missdeeblue
missdeeblue

I. JUST. LOVE..the gourmands. In particular Montale Chocolate Greedy, (MCG) but MCG is such a beech to get hold of, when I read this is a dupe, I ordered. So I just opened my delivery of Choco musk. Removing its cap, "oh please let it be like Monty" I said. Then I applied.... oh my Goodness!! Absolutely gorgeous.. but there are some differences through the 'stages' to MCG.
(i) first spray - what you get is a very sweet, almost too sweet manufactured fake choccy hit - think of betty crocker chocolate & vanilla frosting
MCG is a stronger, more mature finest chocolate no 'synthetic'
(ii) dry down - this is when it starts to morph into MCG The over sweet vanilla children candy starts to fade, and the musk turns up the heat and yes,its starting to morph..
MCG is almost same as first spray, what you spray is what you get.
(iii) 1 hour later. chocoMusk is almost MCG twin. Same choc, same musk, same expensive belgian molten chocolate scent dripping with sexiness, BUT Choco musk holds onto one note stronger than the MCG - the vanilla, which is a shame. If that synthetic note was a little less sweet, it would be MCG twin. However, As 100 of these equals 1 MCG on the spends, Im not complaining 'oh just let me eat you'!!!

To sum up....
My analogy is this. IF you own a supercar with all the refinements, gold plated, from Dubai, nothing but the best, you need Montale. However if you only do oils OR like to experience luxury without price, get this. In my view, its a 98% dupe. I'm confident you will love.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Hmm, looks like I'm in the minority here, but I wasn't that impressed with ChocoMusk, either. It smells very sweet and synthetic to me, like a cheap vanilla body spray. I don't find the sillage and longevity to be as great as the other oils I've tried from this house. I didn't waste too much money on this blind buy, so it's not a great loss.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

A bit too sweet and overpowering, I love sweet frags but this is a bit too much. one spray on the back of my neck is more than enough to last a whole day.

thang92
thang92

I just got this and I really DISLIKE it!!! I bought another Al-Rehab fragrance oil 'Soft' which I LOVED and left a review for but after reading the reviews of Choco Musk I expected to love it as well and I REALLY DON'T!!! It smells far too synthetic and cheap, the chocolate note is artificial and the whole fragrance oil had me nauseated I literally felt like throwing it in the garbage but then gave it away. I know fragrance differs on everyone but I really had to give my 2 cents because it seems the general consensus here is that Choco Musk is divine which I don't find it to be at all. Proceed with caution if your intersted is my word of warning. I really just hope I can get over the stench in a few hours because it really was NOT pleasant in any sort of way.

Scarbie
Scarbie

This scent is delicious! I can't get over how rich this smells and it's so inexpensive. It smells like chocolate with marshmallows. It's a very comforting scent and I have received many compliments.

Hollie

I reviewed a while back and mentioned that I wanted to try this one layered with Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. I did and it's really nice....BUT....I discovered something even better! Choco musk layered with Stella! Perfection.

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

Almost an exact dupe for Molinard Vanille, with a little less vanilla.

Good vanilla, slight caramel, and chocolate. Mildly sweet. Chocolate subsides a bit to produce a beautiful dry down.

To me, this smells almost exactly like an ice cream waffle cone, at least initially.

Pleasant and affordable. Really quite lovely, in fact.
Decent sillage and great longevity.

joahel
joahel

This is a really comforting chocolate smell. I own Dakar, Silver, and Choco musk from this house. Choco musk is by far the best smelling one of those fragrances.

Not sure about projection as I mostly wear it for myself around the house. Probably good for layering with other gourmands.
Get it.

majagk
majagk

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy - said green-sharp-citrus person :)

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I'm a major chocolate fanatic and for the price this definitely fits the bill. Straight up sweetness in a little roller ball. Yum! Pure vanilla cocoa. I plan on using this for layering but it can definitely stand on its own. Smells Super rich and decadent like the finest chocolate cake drizzled in fudge...delectable!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Choco Musk is a delicious, indulgent gourmand fragrance. It starts off a little medicinal, but quickly transforms into a rich and comforting blend of sweet vanilla and chocolate. I don't smell the musk, nor do I smell spice. The chocolate note is definitely a sweet milk chocolate, rather than dark - there is no trace of bitterness. When I wear Choco Musk, I have to be in the mood to smell unapologetically of baked goods. It's convincingly edible. The sillage and longevity are great as well. This fragrance is often compared to Montale Chocolate Greedy, and I have to agree that it is in the same family. Personally, I think it's even closer to CSP Amour de Cacao.

Choco Musk has an impressive quality to price ratio. The 6 mL perfume oil only costs a few dollars, and delivers a rich and gourmand experience that is comparable to many niche chocolate scents. Having said that, I do think Choco Musk and Chocolate Greedy are distinct fragrances. In Choco Musk, the vanilla is stronger than the chocolate, which gives it the feeling of vanilla-chocolate flavoured cookies. Chocolate Greedy is more strongly dominated by chocolate with only a hint of vanilla, and the overall effect is that of chocolate tinged with coffee. In other words, Choco Musk is not an exact dupe for Chocolate Greedy, but is an amazing chocolate fragrance that stands on its own. Choco Musk is a vanilla-chocolate fragrance, whereas Chocolate Greedy is a chocolate-coffee scent.

If you're a chocolate fanatic, I'd say it's hard to go wrong with an inexpensive gem like Choco Musk. Many will find it to be more than adequate to satisfy their cravings for a decadent chocolate scent.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

The reviewer who said it smelled like Cocoa Puffs cereal is absolutely right. It's sweet, dusty chocolate. Over time, the chocolate moves over a little bit and more vanilla and a hint of something fruity (rose maybe?) comes out, but it doesn't lose the chocolate. After 12 hours, it is mostly cozy vanilla, like marshmallows. I like!

marfanik
marfanik

It is my favourite parfum)
In my opiniom, milk chocolate, vanilla and rose together have got a great smell!

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

@ Jenge - it's so funny you mentioned the vanilla wafer cookies - I think it smells like the chocolate wafer cookies; either way it's totally a delicious fragrance that merrily pops it's head up and gives you that lovely scent.

Jenge
Jenge

Very nice! Reminds me of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies with the thin layer of chocolate between vanilla wafers. I think it's a soft, uncomplicated gourmand that doesn't overpower or become cloying.

I noticed a lot of people layering this with other scents, and I think it will play well with many. I had Eau de Shalimar on already when I tested Choco-Musk and it didn't clash at all.

Sweet, soft, vanilla/chocolate. Yum!

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I put on YSL Parisienne before I left the house today but that has no lifespan, so I don't think it'll effect this review.
Anyway, after I got to work I swiped the Choco Musk oil across my palm, rubbed vigorously and smoothed it over my arms and neck. For the next hour or so I would catch the scent of sugary cocoa powder anytime I moved! It was really pleasant and seemed to be keeping me in a peaceful, happy state of mind. After a while, though, I stopped smelling it and figured my thirsty skin had done it's dirty work again. But a little while later someone walked into our suite and exclaimed, "It smells like chocolate cake in here!" When I confessed, my coworker who had been sitting across the room said she thought she smelled something but didn't know where it was coming from.

I like this for the same reasons I like CSP Amour de Cacao, which is because it smells like powdered hot chocolate mix. However, while Amour lasts like, NO minutes, this projects for hours. And while the sweetness in Amour is amplified a notch too high for my liking, Choco Musk strikes a balance between Dessert and Perfume. It's smooth, slightly spicy, and multifaceted, whereas CSP is kinda flat. And it cost me less than $6 and will probably last well beyond my interest in it. (I'm kinda fickle.)

Thumbs up! If I do run out, I'm definitely repurchasing.

SillySue
SillySue

I'm not much of chocolate perfume lover, but lately I've been really trying to get into it. Choco musk I felt was a safe first buy, since it's so affordable, you can hardly go wrong with it.

On its own, I like it. I think I would like more if I were a serious chocolate fume lover though. I feel my nose is picking up more musk than chocolate from this on my skin. However, when layered I might just go from 'like' to 'love' with choco musk. I especially love layering this with Escada Cherry in the air! That is simply the perfect layering recipe which gives you a chocolate covered cherry effect. A bit of fruit gives it that extra punch I feel it needs. Delectable!

EDIT 18/02/2014:
Layered with Cherry in the Air, it smells A LOT like Victoria Secret's Feathered musk! YUM!

dness92
dness92

It's a lovely, gourmand perfume but to me it's not chocolately. It's very sticky vanilla sweet, smells like caramel mixed with rice pudding. Very warm and cosy but personally I don't smell cacao, which is what I was craving.

Not exactly disappointed as the scent is nice but the quest for a chocolate scent continues...

luna rebel
luna rebel

This is my cheapest perfume, and ironically, the most complimented on. I have never been able to achieve such a gourmandy scent with any other perfume. This is so versatile and can be layered with so many different perfumes for a unique fragrance experience. It adds a burst of vanilla and cocoa puffs to other gourmands I have that are just missing something for me. I want to layer this with almost everything I have! If you like Montale Chocolate Greedy and do not have the money, try this one. It does not project as well, but for the price is a great and very close substitute, and this one may actually have better longevity assuming you put a lot on. This is a great chocolate and vanilla fragrance.

peachypixie
peachypixie

musky, rich chocolate cake, not too sugary. I layer this with Oriens Van Cleef & Arpels and it brings out the best in both fragrances ♥

okuilin
okuilin

This little oil is epic. The most decadent milky chocolate perfume. One of my favorite movies ever is willy wonka and the chocolate factory (1971 version, of course). Remember that scene when the kids and their parents arrive to the factory and they start eating all the candy there?? I imagine the air there smelling like this scent, with the chocolate cascade and all the delicious sweets. I don't get rose or any of the spices listed, just chocolate, chocolate, marshmallow, vanilla and maybe more chocolate :P This is scent is definitely something Willy Wonka would be proud of.
-----
Yes, I wrote a very cheesy review, I regret nothing. Just came here to say that I honestly don't like when people compare this to other scents, specially expensive scents (montale, CSP) that's why people try this scent with maybe.. prejudice? or big expectations? But come on, what would you expect from a $3.50 scent? this won't be a montale, nor a CSP or whatever. But hey, this is GREAT for an extremely inexpensive scent. Now I agree that this is veeery heavy in the vanilla, and it's lovely for layering :)

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

This is amazing layered with Cologne of the Missions by Le Couvent Des Minimes. Slightly boozy vanilla, smoky deliciousness with a creamy chocolate heart at the base!

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Oh. My. GAAAAAAAAAWD.
This is HG. Absolutely utterly butterly I can't believe it's not Swiss Milka melted chocolate on my skin.
I just received a batch of attars in a parcel, all blind buys and I was mostly looking forward to this. I am so happy I bought it!
I am salivating with a HUGE mischievious smile on my face, this, my dear fragranticans is a GEM. I'm gonna buy a litre of this stuff so I will never run out.

Don't know if any of you remember the long-ago discontinued vanilla oil from Body Shop, this smells in parts like it but not as hard and head ache inducing, there is a very mellow, butterly, Choco-musk aspect rounding it off. It is divine, it's soft, it's playful. It's romantic, cute and sweet. I'm running out of superlatives to describe this. Truly a gourmand's paradise.
And the price. 3GBP for 6ml attar oil. It's basically for free.
Love, love, love.

Sillage: Awesome 5/5 the whole 3 floors of the office reek of choclate lol
Projection: 5/5 pls see above
Longevity: 11/5. Yeah. That good.

Edit: Tip. After a hot bath, rub this between the palms of your hands, mix with a small slush of olive oil, apply a thin layer. Sleep in a chocolate, relaxed dream cloud.

mihaela01
mihaela01

This is unreal,I cannot beleive this is so inexpensive and yet so good.Soft creamy milky chocholate.Totally addicted to this and Nebras.Very good for this time of year,not a sillage monster like all the other oils ,decent longevity and so delicious...I want to eat my arm....

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

Wow!

Chocolate vanilla goodness.

I love it and the price is right!

It reminds me a lot of Amour de Cacao by CSP and Nemet Vanilla Musk oil.

If you enjoy smelling like cocoa puffs,hot chocolate with marshmallows and yummy Swiss cake rolls,you will love this one.

liban23
liban23

Oh my goodness...I think I just found my new signature scent.

Who knew that perfume I paid $5 for could be so amazing?! I'm obsessed! This is probably the best chocolate perfume out there, hands down.

Upon application I instantly smell the milk chocolate, and it's not a generic chocolate smell...Imagine rich, creamy, milk chocolate blended with pure vanilla and musk. Then, to top it all off sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and spice and voila! You have a masterpiece!
Longevity is superb.. still going strong 7 hours later with just a few roll-ons. Sillage is also great, radiates within arm length for me and is definitely a compliment getter.

If you are looking for a non-generic chocolate fragrance this is the one for you. Can't beat the price for the amazing quality. I'm stocking up!

atiet97
atiet97

krmarich.....really LOVE your review!!
I immediately put a thumb-up on it :D

I myself, knew this perfume like 2 years ago. My friend bought it when he was travelling to Medina, Saudi for Umrah. No one knew about this before and Fragrantica haven't list Choco Musk in their archive yet. So...it's really frustrating for me for wanting to share this gold and for not knowing any related reviews. Now, I'm super psyched that it's on the list!

Not so good at describing notes as others have....but on me it's mainly chocolate + musk, simple blend. I got the subtle spiciness and woody vibe too.

Superbly long lasting, medium to high projection and the best of all.....it's insanely cheap for this good quality. Should worth more than it is now!!

krmarich
krmarich

This is my next adventure into Al Rehab. This one takes the cake, smelling just like a perfectly baked chocolate one. This is a real perfume that changes as the hours progress. Hot chocolate to rich fudge to a Hershey bar!

All chocolate lovers out there need to get a bottle of this. Dieting? No problem! This totally fills any craving. I might even add its somewhat euphoriant! It warms your heart like no other scent.

There is no oud, thankfully! Just coco, vanilla and clean musk that has never been presented like this. I generally steer clear of flashy gourmands, yet this is like a warm blanket on a cold winter night. Its not quite a soliflore, yet the chocolate keeps dominating. Therefore, its versatile.

I can add it to unscented lotion or layering it with my favorite fragrances that I always thought needed a little coco! Giorgio Red with its cherry gives it a fantastic cordial effect. Xeryus Rouge finally gets its missing chocolate heart. Anything with coffee and rose gets kicked up several notches. Rose has a new and perfect counter note-chocolate and Choc Musk is perfect to explore it with.

The sky is the limit with this and as mentioned below, kids will love you and remember you. This is what Willy Wonka's factory smells like!

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

First thing I have to say:
The sweetness is not that strong at all. It smells slightly sweet but on my skin it´s basically cocoa and vanilla, that I smell. So this is much more unisex that one might expect by seeing 'sweet' on top of the main accords. I guess it´s there because of the strong chocolate/cocoa smell, which we associate with something sweet. But to me it smells rather warm than sweet. Cinnamon seems to be slightly noticeable, may or may not be blended with other spices.
There are other notes far in the background. But on my skin they are so subtle that I can´t pick them really.
It´s something, that tells my nose, that it´s actually a perfume and prevents my mouth of biting my arm.
I can´t detect any rose nor myrrhe. I guess it´s the musk and sandal.

You have to try this oil on different areas of your skin and an different times. It interakts with your skin and the chemicals on it much more than I expectd it from a chocolate perfume. First time I applied it, I smelled near to nothing. I came out of the tub and nearly all I could small was faint trace of the soap I used to clean my skin. After about 20 to 30 minutes I got a faint but somewhat 'dirty' cocoa smell every now and then, when I moved. But putting my nose to the place where I applied it doesn´t let me smell it clearer, as it would have come from elsewhere. Tried it again today and had a totally different experience.
Right from the beginning there was chocolate and vanilla with this subtle background.

All in all it´s a verysoft fragrance, far away from being offencive, it´s pleasant and warm, and as I said, much more unisex than one might think.
On my skin it doesn´t have more than average longevity and the sillage is hard to say, so I leave it open till I´ve worn it more often.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Yummy!!!! This is pretty much what the name states. A really cute choco musk .I think I might even detect a slight tobacco scent here. It goes on soft unlike some of my other Al Rehab's and besides gentle tobacco it has a chocolaty musk scent. I paid $3.20 for a nice size roll bottle and heck you can't beat the price. Really cute and comforting scent. Something I will certainly store in my purse.

violetbat

I have been recently wearing this again and have been surprised by the strong reactions I've had. I work in a primary school and I am always hearing the kids wondering what that yummy chocolate waffle smell is. If I've been in a corridor working and have then gone to another room, kids going in the corridor can still smell it.
I've heard them asking each other what the smell is yesterday and today 2 different members of staff have have written down the name.

It lasts pretty well on me. I put some on at 8 this morning and at nearly 2pm I can till smell it. Now my skin eats perfumes, so this is pretty amazing.
It's a lovely , warm, comforting smell. I don't think anyone could find this too sweet because I don't think it is. It's sweet, but no girly sweet shop sweet.

Anyway at the price it is, it's pretty amazing!

Hollie

I like Choco Musk. I wasn't blown away at first sniff but it's growing on me. The thing I love about these oils is that as time goes by and my body temperature fluctuates,the scent is accentuated, becomes more bold and just goes on and on. Most alcohol based perfumes tend to disappear fairly quickly on my skin or atleast "peak" more quickly than I'd prefer. Choco Musk starts out kind of synthetic-like and more vanilla than chocolate. After a half hour or so it morphs into a warm,natural and only slightly musky, milk chocolate ( not a spicy Mexican chocolate...which would have been awesome.) Even though I'm not in love with it, I'm continuously surprised throughout the day by soft, whispers of something yummy. It took me a few days to figure out what it reminds me of but it finally came to me. Chocolate Twizzlers ( if you've never had them...they are SO SO good!) Also reminds me a little of CoCo puffs after they've sat in milk for awhile but with a little musk to make it a more "grown-up" smell. It layers well with so many other perfumes.....I've been meaning to try it with my Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose....chocolate and roses??!! I'll have to report back on that one. Another great thing about Choco Musk is that my husband has complimented me several times while wearing it.....rarely happens with any of my other hundreds of scents.I'm not getting all of the notes listed...smells less complicated than the sum of all those listed...perhaps a little amber and some myrrh in addition to the chocolate, vanilla and musk but that's about it from my point of view and that's fine. Also.....I put some on the other day and then left for several hours and when my family and I came home they said the house smelled like chocolate.....can't complain about that!

Mercedesxoxo
Mercedesxoxo

Al Rehab scents are well known in the Middle East and have developed a cult following amongst many In the U.S. Choco Musk is one of the best offerings. It comes in cute, no frills triangular packaging with Arabic script on it and the bottle itself is 6ml and clear with a yellow-tinted thick oil. It's the perfect size to carry in your purse.

The scent is chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate! It's slight musk makes the scent very well-rounded and stops it from being sickening sweet. It still maintains it's gourmand nature with vanilla, amber and cinnamon. It's a simple but beautiful scent that is great for fall. I agree with all of the other reviews in that it does smell like chocolate cookies and marshmallow. It is very similar to the Nemat oil 'Vanilla Musk' but this gem is half the price. I ordered mine on Amazon for $6, including shipping, and it arrives in three days.
On me the scent stays very close to skin but the longevity is excellent. I suspect someone with better chemistry will be able to detect this 12hrs after applying.

I recommend this company as a cheaper alternative to the Kuumba Made oils that are found in Whole Foods, however one must be aware that each brand has several stand-out fragrances and several duds.
Al Rehab might be the cheaper oils in the Arabic community but Choco Musk will always have it's place in my heart.

miaou
miaou

Love! Very sweet and uderstandable confectionary smell, even my husband loved it. Would suit children the best : )

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

A very sweet milk chocolate & vanilla, I do not detect any musk. Very edible smelling. I'm not sure if I would wear it on its own very often but I see excelent layering possiblities with this.. Project is very good, and lasting power is great.. I have the roll-on oil.

Broseph
Broseph

Unless you bring chocolate box for me eat, do not wear. Is confuse and I am disappoint, think chocolate is real for Broseph to eat!

butterbean
butterbean

Choco Musk was a blind buy. A GOOD DELICIOUS blind buy!

Highly recommend especially if you love chocolate scents. It is quite strong, and the longevity is superb.

It is a gourmand sweet musky chocolate. As the scent develops the chocolate is more and more prominent - really prominent. The vanilla is present and detectable for sure, and you can faintly detect the rose.

This is not overly sweet/sugary or candy. It is perfectly sweet. The other notes balance it from being just straight up chocolate, giving it some complexity.

As it wears, I get wafts of cocoa as if I am drinking a delicious cup of fine hot cocoa or eating yummy milk chocolate bar.

My pillow cases smell like one reviewer said below -- a chocolate CLOUD!

It is quite similar to Chocolate Greedy by Montale. However, this might be better and it is much more affordable. 1 - 6 mL vial (which will last you a LONG time) is less than $4 USD.

Try it, you will love it!

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

Just got mine today and wow, does it smell great! Ohh yeah! I get chocolate, some vanilla goodness in there too along with a hint of musk! I also am picking up a woody note in there that seems to help bring out the musk. I'm not able to pick out the spice notes nor the rose notes but maybe that's because this fragrance is so well blended. I layered it with Thierry Mugler's Angel, which I'm not all that fond of and it made that fragrance more wearable. Choco Musk is one delectable scent, a treat, an olfactory confection. It can't hurt my waist, and for the price it doesn't hurt my purse!

lalalovesroses
lalalovesroses

Choco musk is exactly how i wanted two of my ScentByTheSea chocolate scents to smell like. The ScentByTheSea Cioccolata and Ganache smell like fake, substitute chocolate. Not even like a chocolate powder. Choco Musk on the other hand smells like real milk chocolatey goodness. A bit like marshmallow but also a bit like chocolate cream. It's not like vanilla but it is very edible. The dry down is a sweet chocolate cloud.
Makes me hungry even describing it! Good stuff and lasts longer than you'd want it to! Going strong at seven hours and boasts moderate sillage.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Gorgeous, one of the best Al Rehab has to offer. I smell primarily vanilla, though, the same type found in old formula Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace. Someone below remarked that Choco Musk is similar to choco biscuits... well, I agree, specifically those vanilla-flavored Oreo-type biscuits stuck together with a generous helping of chocolate-hazelnut paste. Or marshmallows. Marshmallows dissolving in a mug of steaming rich chocolate milk.

Despite the detailed reviews, this is not what I expected. I hoped I would get, well, a rich, dark, moist chocolate-cake aroma. I wasn't counting on the vanilla being so prominent. Well, anyway, for yummy, grown-up, patisserie chocolate cake, there is Cobalt Blends Luxe Chocolate Amber, while Yves Rocher Neonature Cocoon smells like illicit chocolate cake nursed in a secret corner of the barn.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

VERY impressed with Choco Musk. It's one of those perfumes that smell like it's name :) It's chocolate (Milk Chocolate - not dark) and Musk. That's it, nothing complicated, nothing sophisticated, just chocolate and musk with a tiny little hint of Vanilla.

I was waiting for the other notes, particularly the spices, to surface but they never did...and I'm not complaining. I love Choco Musk for what it is!

Great projection, fantastic longevity and a scent that stays true to it's name. If I had to sum this perfume up in one word it would be "yummy". Adorable fragrance, especially for chocolate lovers like me!

Eos
Eos

Honestly, I think this smells better than Montale's Chocolate Greedy. Chocolate Greedy smells like graham crackers on my skin and lasts only a couple hours.

Choco Musk smells like good quality chocolate with a dash of white musk and vanilla. The sillage is milk chocolatey, but when I sniff my wrist it smells a bit different: darker, more complex and slightly bitter. This lasts 12+ hours on my skin and it is a joy to wear. Awesome price to value ratio too.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This isn't a real review, as I haven't been brave enough to try the freebie I got from a fellow fragrantican ... I just TOUCHED the bottle and my hands smelled like hot chocolate for 3 hours! It can overwhelm the smell of whatever other perfume I had on. I'm not a gourmand perfume fan, and foodie scents make me hungry -- so I guess I'm just not brave enough to try this chocolate sillage monster!!

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I have more to say about this than I thought I would. First of all, it LASTS! It's a nice blend of chocolate, vanilla, a tad of spices and musk. My friend at work swears I smell like incense when it wear it, but I can't smell any incense on myself. Another girl said I smell like waffles or pancakes and that she was craving breakfast because of me. And another coworker said I smell some kind of candy. This was all in one day! And I had put it on atleast 6 hours before. I can still smell it today after 28 hours on my skin and it doesn't seem to be fading! It's crazy! If you're a gourmand lover, it's definetly worth picking up a bottle or two of this oil, especially for the price you pay. It's not as good as Chocolate Greedy, but is a suitable substitute if Montale is just too expensive for you. I layered it with Angel Liqueur de Parfum and it really brought the chocolate out in it. Really any frag with chocolate as a note I think this combines great with! Also, the musk creates a sort of clean skin smell underneath the chocolate and vanilla for the first couple of hours. After about 3 hours it becomes more about the sweets and a touch of spice. Use lightly if you're going for subtle performance because even if you stop smelling it on yourself, I guarantee everyone else still can.

novembertrees
novembertrees

Cocoa and marshmallows. That's what this smelled like to me-- really good cocoa with fresh marshmallows. I wore this all day (and believe me, it lasts), and never got any musk-- just the sweets. Which is fine by me.

This scent lasts and lasts, and it has decent sillage. I tried layering it with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Spellbound, and it was absolute heaven-- fresh roses and chocolate. I tried it again with BPAL's Harlot-- cinnamon roses and chocolate. Divine! Definitely a keeper.

Hayven
Hayven

I really wanted to like this one, since it is praised time and time again in the forums as a cult favorite for gourmand lovers such as myself. I don't really smell much chocolate, mostly vanilla, and the scent seems stale. :( Thank you to a fellow member for letting me try it.

edit for update: I kept it on my skin for a few hours, and the staleness went away. I smelled only a lovely chocolate vanilla swirl. Glad I gave it a second chance!

lisaivette
lisaivette

I am in chocolate ecstasy.I have the roll on version and it is delish! It reminds me just a little of Vanilla Spectacular oil from Somethin Special. I applied Choco Musk liberally to my chest and arms.The silliage is exceptional for the price. Alone it is the perfect chocolate scent, but I can't wait to layer it with other scents that have a chocolate note in order to kick it up a notch or two. I did combine Choco Musk and Nebras together, and oh yes it was a success.

Shwets
Shwets

One of the best choc scents i have tried. Intensifies over time and as the name says choco-musk that is really what it is. Think of L'Aromarine Vanille sweetness in a chocolate version.
Super longevity and sillage!

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

OMG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting soooo long for this to be in the database. It's truly amazing! A VERY inexpensive dupe for Montale's Chocolate Greedy (and yes, it does smell like Serendipity 3 Serendipitous as well). I have the perfume oil and it's amazing. VERY chocolately. It reminds me of Cocoa Puffs cereal. Those who say the sillage is not as good as the Montale, I challenge you! The key is this: Apply a good amount of oil. Don't be shy! Then rub vigorously until the oil feels warm. Spread it all over you. Then just wait for the magic. The sillage and longevity are incredible. Even the woman at the post office said, "What's in this package? It smells really good..." I was like, "Nope, that's me!!" :) She could smell it across the counter, and I had been wearing it for 5 hours at least. You can buy this super cheap from Al-Rashad bookstore (it's a website, and I'm not affiliated with them). Overall, there is nothing that satisfies my chocolate craving like this one, especially at that price.

bcoops
bcoops

I also love this, lasting power = days...projection is lighter than chocolate greedy. But this does smell amazing ...I have both this and greedy...I like the greedy more because it projects better and is a bit more higher end smelling....but this is still a very affordable alternative.....its smells like freshly baked chocolate chips cookies or something like that....true sweet gourmand beauty....its so cheap just buy it!!!

MarillaV
MarillaV

Love at first sniff. To me it smells exactly like Mexican Hot Chocolate, the kind you buy at the Latin grocery stores. When you mix it up, you get a sweet chocolate brew, redolent of spices, particularly cinnamon and nutmeg. In Chocomusk, there is definitely a vanilla and slight musk dry down with a tiny hint of woodiness.

I don't understand why chocolate scents are not more prevalent and respected in the fragrance world. Chocolate has been admired and worshipped for centuries and I wish it there were more of it in the perfume world. I am glad to have Chocomusk in my collection and I think it is exceptionally well balanced for the price tag.

Choco Musk by Al-Rehab 4.32 out of 5 based on 203 ratings and 82 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Al-Rehab Choco Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Al-Rehab Choco Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Choco Musk by Al-Rehab. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Choco Musk by Al-Rehab represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.