Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Saat Safa Al-Rehab for women and men

Saat Safa Al-Rehab for women and men
dislike

oud
Saat Safa Al-Rehab for women and men Pictures Saat Safa Al-Rehab for women and men Pictures Saat Safa Al-Rehab for women and men Pictures

Saat Safa is perfume for both women and men composed of oud and amber. It is presented in various concentrations and shapes:
1. Concentrated alcohol-free oil, attar, in a beautiful, 15ml frost glass bottle, with gold colored ornate trimming shaped like a rose wreath
2. Eau de parfum spray containing alcohol in 35ml bottle or in 12ml bottle with roll-on applicator (the bottle is the same)
3. Concentrated alcohol-free oil, attar, in 3ml roll-on bottle
4. Air freshener
5. Perfumed crème (solid perfume), 10gr
6. Scented tapestry and furnishing spray, 500ml

Purchase Saat Safa EDP, 12ml (2)

Purchase Saat Safa perfume oil, 3ml (3)

All Sheikh Perfumes Store products

Rahma

Saat Safa Fragrance Reviews

LesterTheDachshund
LesterTheDachshund

The scent is cosy, warm and comforting to me. I smell beeswax and something like the incense used in the catholic churches. I have the solid perfume version of Saat Safa

Hippo Princess
Hippo Princess

This opens with a strong, unpleasant citronella scent, then quiets down a bit, remaining sweet and herbal and green. Thankfully, it dries down further to a faint rose with oud and smooth amber. This smells just like camping to me.

MrsR
MrsR

I'm about 95% sure this is the scent used in the Sheraton Bahrain Hotel. I loved that smell when I stayed there, and walked around the lobby breathing deeply :) This is the Middle East in a bottle to me.

It might be because of this connection though that I see this more as a home fragrance than a personal one despite how lovely it is. Either way I'm glad I have it.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

I find these very potent attars become more wearable for me if I dilute them at a ratio of 1 to 10 parts jojoba oil. The fragrance is the same but it's easier to control the strength.

Jac401
Jac401

Been wearing this all afternoon. Wasn't too sure at first, because I caught a whiff of what I thought was sandalwood, and I just don't enjoy obvious sandalwood. Now, I'm loving it - no sandalwood that I can detect - it's a beautiful fragrance, and I can'r believe it only costs what it does; it smells like a top drawer product.
I feel like a glamorous and sexy woman, and even though I'm in the middle of making bread, and a casserole for dinner, I feel like I could be wearing a diaphanous long silk dress, and not jeans.
So glad I sent for this one and hope that they carry on selling it for a long time.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

This is a very beautiful, near clone of Coco Chanel. The same spicy clove like opening, rich rosy floral. Very clean smell. This is strong! Not as linear as the other Al-Rehab Oudhs, it changes. After a few hours it softens to a softer sweet floral Amber musk.
I know it's unisex and i actually appreciate Coco Chanel more. I'm surprised it doesn't contain cloves.
I love all these oils so far. Just a quick roll behind the ears and that's it! I'ts very strong.

Projection: BIG across a room
Longevity: Long, several hours on a hot day

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

My 6 ml rollerball of Saat Safa perfume oil arrived yesterday, and it has already made an impression. This is a strange one.

Saat Safa is a perfume with a personality disorder, and I mean that in the best possible way. Nothing negative about it. It expresses two completely opposite things at once. At least on my skin.

It smells clean, a bit herbal green and soapy - and at the same time it smells dirty, like sweaty male armpit. I think we can blame the oud, It does that sometimes. Smell sweaty and "private". The strange thing is that it sort of works. It sounds gross, but it smells fascinating in a weird way.

The drydown is very pleasant (and tamer than the first impression of the scent): Smooth, slightly woody with a warm ambery feel to it. The saffron gives it a nice leathery tinge.

A good fall scent, I would say. Perfect for snuggling under a warm blanket, while drinking tea and reading a good book.

Sillage and longevity is fabulous. Don't put too much on. A little goes a long way with this one. :)

EDIT: I didn't get much of the rose everyone speaks of when I first tried this perfume oil, but the second time I put it on it was there. I could smell it from quite early in the perfumes development and all the way to the drydown. At first it was rather dense and musky, but it became softer and very pleasant after a while. Lovely!

EmmaZumba
EmmaZumba

It opens with a medicinal note that makes my stomach lurch a little. Although this does fades, it then retains a metallic, blood type of smell. Around this comes spicy lilies even though there is no lily note listed. The oud note is (unfortunately) not obvious enough for me, nor is the rose, but the amber is quite nicely pronounced. If I were blindfolded and didn't know the exact notes, I would guess it was a lily and amber fragrance with aldahydes. It's certainly fresh and clean smelling and reminds me of an exotic soap, so is no way dark or smokey. Because of the aldehyde smell, it reminds me a little of Amouage 'Dia' for women.
More feminine that masculine.
Pretty, clean and western smelling.

Ambergris Intoxication
Ambergris Intoxication

This is for the 6ml attar oil.

This is my kind of fresh and clean! My opinion only but I'm getting a lot of citrus in this and yes oud too. It's nice and bright and dandy for summer. I really cant understand some of the opinions about the fragrance notes here. I don't sense anything unpleasant here at all! Yes it's woody. Astringent? Sure a little. Unisex? Definitely! But it works well on me and I'm a chick! Yes I said chick!
The western nose is so weak these days. I should know I was one of them but now I am so drawn to these wondrous oud rich scents I don't know how I lived without them! I stopped wearing perfume for a long time as the ones I can afford are getting so sweet and cloying. Of course there are also the yucky reformulations of my favorites. True chypre and rich oriental perfumes are (IMO) things of the past. In the American and European market anyway.

Saat Safa lasts a good long time and more importantly it has good projection.

jays786
jays786

Does not smell nothing like Dior oud ispahan night and day different bought it after reading some reviews... these people must be on durgs.

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

Well well well. Is it just me but this is rose all the way? I get an oud'ish beginning which fades away and turns into a floral. And then stays that way. This is like Stella McCartney Sheer, rosy. The sillage is great, and longevity really good, but I am sad to say I was looking for something more oriental. When I get on my floral mode I will wear this. I am still happy I tried, this is a quality perfume with a price that is literally nothing.

the_badger
the_badger

Not for the likes of everyone. Starts off with a huge medicinal blast of oud a la Montale but after that is where it gets interesting. The notes come and go, hides and reappears and there is a nice minty rose and jasmine that I like it very much. But then there is this stinky note which I assume is what many people say resembles leather oud, whatever that is it just reminds me of when I accidentally step on some dog poop and when I get home the entire house stinks of it. This note becomes more prominent when you sniff it up close so my advice is to avoid getting too close to people. I must clarify I have the oil version, the EDP I believe, should be better at masking this note.

Update
Mein Gott! Do I suffer from olfactory fatigue! I accidentally spilled some of this oil (a lot) on my desk when I was trying to decant some for a friend. Holy shmucks! I quickly cleaned up and salvaged whatever was left but man! The smell filled the entire house!! And just when I thought nobody was going to find out, my family members upon returning home immediately complained that it was too strong.

@ Angela Agiannidou ,

@ ecscentrix &

@ Sezyvex

A big thanks to all of you for extending your support, appreciation and inspiring me!
The only reason I joined here was to share happiness I found along my perfume journey.
Nothing more, and nothing less!

ecscentrix
ecscentrix

I also agree with Sam, these oils surprised me with their quality!
Its no surprise that two of my favourite reviewers(Angela Agiannidou/Sam ldh) agree with each other .
As they say, great minds think alike!

Angela Agiannidou

I agree with Sam idh, these oils are of excellent quality for the price and deeply aromatic, I just got my Fadeitak today from Swiss Arabian and it is a dream! Paying over the top for mainly silly adverts means nothing to me. These products speak for themselves.

myalphastore
myalphastore

i buy 10 different parfumes from al-rehab n not a single things r dissapointng, all the perfumes are amazing n suit for me. one of those are saat safa, even this the most "oud" from all the others but its still good n doesnt smell cheap, i know that for sure coz my fams runs the oud factory here so i know what the real fancy oud smells

@ Sezyvex

No my dear friend,Al-Rehab people aren't stupid selling £3.80 for nearly niche quality scents.

Its like this friends,

Al-Rehab people have been making perfume oils since 1978, from a modest store (even nowadays!), and have believed in doing honest business practices ever since, providing hundreds of perfumes to millions of customers,who were stuck with them after using Al-Rehab for the first-time!

Above said fellow Fragrantican (nicely written review by the way !) had asked one question at the end of his interesting review that:
" .....are these people stupid, selling this so cheap?"

No friends, they're not stupid, only genuinely honest, and the fact of the matter is :
"WE PEOPLE ARE STUPID, to have been BUYING ALL THESE PERFUMES AT SUCH RIDICULOUS PRICES, all these years"
Without wondering even once, that is the juice we paid $90 for 90 ml really that cost-worthy, at all?
And I, myself, after spoiling about a couple thousand bucks in past few years have found out, looking back,I have certainly been duped by these marketing magicians, these French perfume houses, and duped big-time!
Like a Clever conjurer tricking you despite the knowledge that whatsoever he does, can't really be Truly happening!!

Oh how I wish! ....to have found arabian oils a few years earlier than this!!
it would've saved me enough money to buy that bike I always wanted!!

Happy-Sniffing!

Hazazi91
Hazazi91

If you never had the money to get Oud Ispahan then get saat safa.... Absolutely identical

iloveperfume1992
iloveperfume1992

Absolutely adore this smell, very warm and really strong. Agree with Cairo Rose the smell is rich and exotic.

jessbethda
jessbethda

I just bought Saat Safa along with a few other Al-Rehab perfume oils, and this one is just incredible. There is a spiciness that mixes so beautifully with the rose notes. It's a very inviting scent, and I think you could get away with it any time of the year if your heart so desires. Perfect night fragrance.

I find this scent to actually be very clean and fresh on top with warmth and spice and earthiness just beneath the surface. As always with Al-Rehab, this scent has enormous range and long lasting power. People could smell this on me ten hours after applying, then showering! I think this might just be a new favorite.

jembigonjes
jembigonjes

I Can't never wear oud, somehow its strong and smell like floor cleaner. So I'm pass for this one.

Staar77
Staar77

A lovely, rich and complex scent.
Initially it's powdery and woody, with a hint of citrus but it's a lovely combination.
I find it warm spicy with some floral notes kicked in.
There is a dark rose like note that is creeping up and it's tied in with the jasmine. I like the fact that to my nose the rose smells dark.
There is also saffron in the background and it goes very well with the other notes.
It really smells like an expensive perfume and to my nose it is beautifully blended.
There is some amber in there but it takes time to come out.
I have never smelled anything like this kind of perfume before, it is pretty exotic and rich as I've mentioned before.
For the price I am surprised at how good this perfume oil smells.

Estreen
Estreen

While Aroosah is a light, powder-green scent, Saat Safa is much deeper, greener, and earthy- more like a forest than a small garden. The oud stings a bit at the beginning- it's unpleasant, but if you wait for the drydown, you get an elegant, rich scent that is unisex, leaning toward feminine. Worth trying!

Sunnn
Sunnn

i can't decide if i like or dislike this one é:é. It's strange. I have the bottle...i sniff the bottle...than everytime i choose something else to wear...then i want to sniff again the bottle....maybe i like it but i don't think it's good to wear....still confused...!!Anyway it's a very inetersting scent.
i know my review is not that helpful but i really don't know what to think about it !!

nexangelus
nexangelus

Mmmmmm powdery, green rose and oud. These are the notes I am getting the most of when it is dry. It starts off mossy and woody though. This is my second al rehab and I have to say, they are sillage monsters and also last a loooong time. Plus they smell impressive too. Very impressive.

alimuanis
alimuanis

Oh dear GOD save the people who will decide to buy this fragrance save them from headache and annoying scent... i buy this fragrance after i read a lot of reviews here and i said they like eastern fragrance eastern scent and i'm from east and i don't try it shame on me , so i decide to try and buy some of Al-Rehab fragrance and i wish if i don't i buy 10 bottles for 35mL for each $ 2 USD for each and i after i try them i buy $ 4 USD bandol extra because this fragrance give me headache it's so funny to buy fragrance $ 2 dollars and give you headache and i have to buy medicine for $ 4 dollars to heal this headache.

35 mL
price : $ 2 USD
My opinion: 3/10

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

On my skin, Saat Safa starts out with a Johnson's Baby Lotion vibe, which is weirdly pleasant. Also the Band-aid note is there, which is common in perfumes with oud and saffron.

As it develops, the amber appears, adding a little spice, and also a wonderful rose heart note. Fortunately, the moss comes in next, preventing it from being either too sweet or too spicy. Very well balanced.

I love Saat Safa and while it is considered unisex, I don't feel it is too masculine and would be comfortable wearing this to the office if applied lightly. Lasts 4-5 hours with moderate sillage.

kgrae
kgrae

This is one I will come back to again and again. Warm, spicy, with the oud and rose--it's perfect for me. I see that is considered masculine, but I am to pull it off well.

mindphaser
mindphaser

oh wow. wow, wow wow wow. the oud in this is almost gourmand. it's DELICIOUS.

Stormstryk
Stormstryk

Deliciously strong, radically inexpensive, longevity and sillage monster... When I read the reviews, I was sure people weren't REALLY smelling the bandage smell... But... Yep... Initial blast of Attar de Band-Aid! I can only think that the mold responsible for the resin has some sort of high energy small organic scent molecule. Luckily the oud-y bandage note receeds to revel in a wickedly murky and dark rose cloud surrounded by an array heady spices, warm, lush, but also a bit hot and biting. The Al-Rehab scents in general are remarkably dense and deeply layered... The mid point seems to include cassia and perhaps a eugenol isolate. I'd like to suggest pink pepper, but I don't think so... Someone suggested that it might be carnation though. I don't have isolated carnation in my kit, so I'll have to opt out of an opinion the.

The spiced rose heart seems to last forever as the darker and moody woods, amber and musk slowly creep into the foreground. Lots of others have mentioned that the amber is sweet, but I don't think it is set enough to make this a "safe" unisex option for most women.

The almost criminally low costs on this line mean trying a new scent, particularly in the CPO form is barely more expensive than buying a tiny sample of a typical fragrance. I have away my bottle of Cobra already because the tuberose was heftier than I could cope with... Saat Safa though?Tough... IIt's MINE! :-)

@ Bodda89
Thanks a lot for your comment - much appreciated.
I have never smelled any specific Oud -Colognes / Oils (or the ones you mentioned) but it all seemingly makes sense now. In fact, "bandage", as you said, is a much more accurate description of the smell than my initial thought of *hospitals*.
I'm a little surprised and feel kinda ignorant now. I have in the past, smelled fragrances which (I have been told) contain Oud as a note but none of them smelled like this.
I genuinely believe I have been confusing Oud with something else for a long time and consequently that now makes me feel a little silly. Damn.

Bodda89
Bodda89

@Fogwalker
The hospital smell is the oud oud oil has an initial blast of a smell like bandage it's almost identical to bandage some fragrances are very well blended so that top note of oud keeps hidden but in Arabic perfumes oud oil is used in huge quantities so this aspect will always reveal
among the fragrances that will reveal this bandagy smell
1- montal musk aoud
2- dior oud ispahan
3- tom ford oud wood
and those are the ones i recall

Dazed 'n' Confused.
For the longest time now, I have been wanting to branch-out and experiment with some of the Al-Rehab fragrances.
As well as being intrugued by their certain mystique, I guess the main reason I wanted to explore Al-Rehab is that they're inexpensive.
After reading so many reviews about their fragrances, they (Al-Rehab) seem to include some of the *notes* that I see other (more expensive) colognes contain that have yet to grace my novice nose....colognes that I can ill afford to buy.
I decided to opt for this fragrance first. I bought the EDP 35ml spray and as expected, it's a powerful little number.

When I initially sprayed it on my wrist, the first thing that sprang to my mind was hospitals. A HUGE blast of hospitals.
After reading some of the reviews, I notice that I'm not alone in thinking this.
Can someone please offer me an explanation about what this *hospital / medicinal* smell might be? I have no idea; excuse my ignorance here.
One hour later (i.e. right now as I type this review) the hospital smell is still quite strong but has lessened somewhat and clings warmly to my wrists. It's not a cold / clinical smell at all, it's very warm and addictive.

As well as this hospital smell I can smell moss. Dark, warm moss which works really well with the aforementioned note.
I can also smell a sharp slither of greenery cutting through the warmth of the moss and reaching the very top notes of the amalgamation as it settles on my skin.
I'm struggling to find rose in here and I am also searching for the musk element but it seems to be playing hide-and-seek. Every few minutes I keep thinking that I get a faint whiff of it (musk) then it disappears as quick as it arrived.
I'm quite captivated by this fragrance and as a *blind-buy* I am very impressed with its boldness and (to me, at least) mystery.
Do I like it? I sure do. As it's settling down it's changing into something more mellow and seductive and much less hospital-like. I can only imagine what the next hour will bring.
Thanks to all the other reviewers for pricking my curiosity and convincing me to buy this fragrance.
I now need to know where the *hospital* came from :)

delicious, lasts forever!!!!!!

weegee
weegee

I don't know about this one yet even after 2 wearings... it's a big, BOLD fragrance without a doubt. An evening application was still strong the next morning and even nicer because it had warmed and mellowed on my skin.

But so bitter and medicinal! I love Diesel's Fuel for Life Femme's camphor notes, the other most medicinal scent I own, but Saat Safa takes the prize for Most Different/Most Challenging in comparison.

I get no similarities to Knowing or Paloma Picasso as others have mentioned, nor to anything else I own or have ever sniffed except perhaps Jovan's Intense Oud which is both sweeter and less bitter.

On me: woody, damp green forest floor where leaves and branches are decomposing. No florals, no fruits, just dark woods and resins. A very challenging fragrance.

But you know what? As drugstore classics put it so succinctly above, it is indeed "addicting". I cannot stop sniffing my wrist. And that's saying something!

maani
maani

WOW! its very nice ,oil roll-on is more STRONG and long lasting than edp spray its so inexpensive.but very best quality

dubairob
dubairob

As I live in Dubai, UAE, I have had more of a chance than most to see the Al Rehab fragrances in their local cultural setting. I am altogether aware that the vast majority of people who buy Al Rehab perfumes in the West will have had them supplied from online retailers, but I would like to share with you something about purchasing these fragrances here before I give my short review.

For a start, buying an Al Rehab fragrance in Dubai will mean in all likelihood that you will need to visit the Perfume Souk area in the city near to the famous Gold Souk of Dubai. This is because Al Rehab is not stocked in any of the major or minor retail outlets and - unlike Rasasi, Arabian Oud, Swiss Arabian or the other local brands - does not have an outlet based in a mall. This also means that you will have to take a route through one of the older parts of the city, by the side of the Creek, along past the shops selling all sorts of knick-knacks, past the Asian cyclists carrying stacks of cardboard on the backs of bikes, past the East Africans trading with Afghans, past the shwarma and juice stalls, until you come to the Perfume Souk area. Here you find the Al Rehab shop at the end of a busy, crowded, furiously neon-lit street....

Now when you enter this shop, you will truly wonder how it is that some of these fragrances are so well recognised as being very credible dupes of some of the fragrances from the most admired houses internationally. Creed? Montale?.....Surely not. The Al Rehab shop is staffed by some very friendly elderly local Arab gentlemen. Very nice, and a Salaam Aleikum and a few words of Arabic goes a long way. But yet, the shop. My, my, my....More like a hardware store than a fragrance shop, it is not unusual for your total to be worked out on the back of an envelope and change to be plucked out of wooden drawer. Last time I went there I wondered if I could pick up a hammer and a box of masonry nails while I was at it!...Suffice to say that this is nothing like the image of sparkling, shiny Dubai portrayed around the world. Yet, there is charm in this as well - and most definitely value for money if this is a consideration at all. (As an aside, buying these 6 ml CPO vials costs me 4 UAE dirhams each, about $1.10, ie they are practically giving the stuff away.) So what are their fragrances actually like.....

Saat Safa is a delicious oriental woody fragrance which is a delightful and modest entry into the world of Arabian ouds. More masculine than unisex, the rose that filters through gives a classic combination so characteristic of regional perfumery. There are literally hundreds of fragrances in the Middle East that use these notes in some shape or form, but the vast majority will smell quite alien to a Western nose as some note or another may be amped up. Also, the characteristic 'medicinal' or 'barnyard' vibe from many ouds may turn some people away. Not so with Saat Safa. They get the blend just right here and some of the other notes - moss, patchouli and amber - seem to make it much more acceptable to those not familiar with Arabian fragrances. The projection here is good without being oppressive and the longevity is as much as you could ask for.

All said, Al Rehab Saat Safa is for me a Highly Recommended Buy, especially for those who are a bit daunted by ouds but still interested and don't want to make big spends on the acclaimed niche or top-tier designer oud fragrances.

Having smelled a lot of oud, I would seriously recommend this little gem to test your appetite for oud....

funnyboy
funnyboy

Wore this today for the first time. Quite strong oud at first but then is much mellower. After 10 mins reminds me of one of my favourites, Aramis 900.with a little more rose.
I think this is more masculine, quite unique and very good lasting power for something so inexpensive.
I bought the edp spray and might experiment with some of the other concentrations. I like this very much for the wintertime during the day.
My rating .Lasting power 4hrs +
Fragrance quality 8 out of 10
Excellent for price..

this is strong and animalistic when first sprayed, it stays that way for at least a 1/2 hour if not longer. when it dries it is still strong, but toned down. then it becomes a very spicy and warm long lasting floral. i sprayed this on at 7 am in the morning and at 3 pm it was still quite prominent. price is very inexpensive for the quality. this perfume is very good in cold weather.

scentedkub
scentedkub

I just got the concentrated oil roller last night, and I just had to try it. I was interested in Oud fragrances, so I was wanting to kind of ease into it buy getting something that sort of featured Oud without being straight Oud. When I globbed it on after my shower, my first thoughts were, "Whew...I have messed UP..." My neck was burning where I applied it, so I had to wipe some away, but the scent initially reminded me of OFF! Deep Woods, the insect repellant that I used when I went camping a few times when I was younger. Just a harsh wood, like bashed in the face with wood, but then the rose started coming out and it got more pleasant. Then after maybe an hour it began to smell more warm and wearable. I think the jasmine sweetened it up some. It smells expensive and niche to me. It smells unlike anything I have smelled before that would be available in your average department store. The longevity is almost 12hrs on me. The sillage is pretty big, if you're going to be in close space with people, you may want to tone it down lol. I almost want to sweeten up the opening, so I may try it with Lady Gaga's Fame, the berry-ish floral honey thing may work nicely with it. I do like it since it's so different; I'd be curious to smell it on a woman because it seems very masculine to me.

OK, I am wearing it to work today (1/10/14), and it's nice. I really like it, I am enjoying it from start. The thing with perfume oils I guess is they actually might need to be rubbed in. You worry like with sprays that rubbing "crushes" or "overheats" the fragrance and you miss top notes and things like that, but not with Saat Safa. The harsh, medicinal notes tone down and it smells exotic and nice. I know from here out to rub them in. I applied it about 9 hours ago and I still smell of it. Also, it wasn't ever ridiculously loud on my once I changed how I applied it. It left scent trails, but nothing too much for work.

My second edit, I wore this yesterday (2/16/14) and have worn it a few more times before then. I can see where it can at times be likened to an "old lady" fragrance since it's heavy with the woods and spice and the projection, but I still love it, and "old lady" seems to almost always skew slightly masculine to me. Yesterday for some reason, maybe I rubbed it in a bit more than usual, but it was much sweeter than usual. Maybe just a fluke. Can still smell it on me 14hrs later.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I live in quite a multicultural area with a high middle eastern and islamic-african population, and some of the women who live and work in my city smell absolutely amazing,they waft past leaving the most wonderful lingering trails of smoky-sweet sensuous fragrance and I was looking for a perfume like that, I wanted to try something that, to my western nose, smelled exotic, luscious, mysterious, sensual...A Yemeni friend told me that it is customary to place dresses and scarves over a sort of frame and to light a block of charcoal in a metal bowl under the frame and place frankincense and other incenses onto the smouldering charcoal in order to infuse the clothing with smokey incense, which although sounds lovely also sounds like quite a fire hazard, so I decided to try and find a perfume instead!
I went to one of the local stores catering to the middle eatern market and asked for a popular fragrance and Saat Safa was recommended to me as a starting point. I purchased a 12ml rollerball for an incredibly low price, it is an alcohol free oil based perfume. I was worried that as an oil this wouldn't be very strong or would have poor longevity and sillage - how wrong was I?!
I could smell this before I even opened the box and it held great promise - incensey, woody - very woody, I believe this is the oud? I dabbed a small amount on my arm and this is strong stuff, I don't think I could cope with this as a spray I think it would be overpowering. At first I get quite a lot of very strong woody notes with a hint of a more incensey smell, this is heavy, dense, slightly but not very sweet and lots of wood.
Over the next couple of hours this grows, develops, changes, it is like a dance where different notes come to the fore before fading into the background. The first couple of hours it is a very "full" smell, dense and rich. After a couple of hours some of this heady density has lifted and a higher clearer woody note emerges and takes the fore, with perhaps a hint of musk and rose in there too?
This is less incensey after the first hour or two has passed and a more oud smell remains. I find this quite a cool smell, not cold and certainly quite heady, yet cool at the same time if that isn't too contradictory.
This is a well constructed, deep and very pleasant smell, quite different to the western perfumes to which I am accustomed and I enjoy wearing it.
This is strong so you only need a little - a dab on the inside of each elbow, a little on the throat and a touch on the chest and this will give you over 12 hours of scent with good sillage, projecting well up to a good 6 feet away, so not one for wall flowers, although it isn't overpowering to me I can see how it would be easy to go overboard. I would like if the heady opening lasted longer and it doesn't quite have the smokey-sweetness I was craving so I am going to try some other scents from this brand but I will definitely be using this bottle and I feel it will last a while as a little goes a very long way. The small bottle size and rollerball applicator mean this is good to pop in your bag for touch ups in the day although I honestly doubt you'd need them.
I paid only about £3 for my bottle, so at that price I would definitely recommend giving this a go if you fancy trying something different.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Addictive......

ariodant
ariodant

The combination of oud, saffron, and oakmoss makes a sharp opening that can be quite unpleasant. This dissipates after 30min, and the perfume turns into a soft, powdery, somewhat sultry scent that is, in my opinion, more suitable for men.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I'm sad to report, I'm not a fan of Oud. To my Western nose, it was a woody-chemical-bugspray smell with an oily green-brown character. It was fairly strong, too, which made me very nervous. After about 90 minutes, it faded to a soft, gentle floral scent--no distinct notes that I could detect, but pleasant and inoffensive. I used a swipe or two on damp palms, then applied to freshly showered skin; a little more might have been OK, but not much more as it was particularly strong in the opening. It did have a very "melt into your skin and become lived in" quality very early on, which I appreciated. It was vaguely there after 7-8 hours, but really only lasted about 3 on my skin.

kamisis
kamisis

j'ai une vingtaine de parfums roll-on al rehab et saat safa est vraiment mon préféré, évidement tout dépend de la peau la mienne affectionne tout particulièrement les orientaux.
saat safa m'a réellement bluffé, au départ je n'ai pas trop aimé, mais connaissant les huiles parfumées arabe j'ai attendu que le parfum se développe,et là!
j'aime tropppppppp sur moi c'est un doux oriental chaud,épicé, poudré et honnêtement je ne verrai pas cela sur un homme c'est envoûtant et très féminin.
mais encore une fois tout dépend de la peau,et la mienne est en amour avec saat safa,ma voisine vient de passer et me dit ouf! tu sens super bon tu t'es mise a paloma picasso j'ai dis euh non!je ne connais même pas et je ne connaîtrai pas vu le prix que j'ai vu sur internet.
par contre elle a essayé saat safa sur elle et rien à voir, sur elle ça pue et sur moi c'est une pure merveille,comme quoi,un parfum travaille vraiment différemment d'une personne à une autre selon sa chimie corporelle.(ps:sur moi aucune odeur de oud par contre sur ma voisine oui!)

patxaran
patxaran

I have just treated myself to a bunch of Al Rehab roll-ons (alcohol-free). (This is what happens when you are in perfume buying "Rehab" LOL) Saat Safa was the one I was magically drawn to try out first. I slapped on a few rolls here and there, a few more on the inside of my left wrist and went about my day (it's quite warm and muggy today here). As Cairo Rose said the very first impression is misleading. After less than one hour or so the fragrance has settled in nicely. I am reminded of chypre fragrances, oakmoss, amber, carnation?, rose and this is the interesting bit: just the right amount of cedar / birchwood / cumin (I can often not tell the difference). It's this very same component that can register as BO when overused. Here is it given the right dimension. If I was to draw a comparison to any other fragrances, I would describe it as somewhere between the drydown of Dolce Vita and Magie Noire, or a bit of Paloma Picasso. Bottom line: woody, spicy and very sexy. Might be unisex, but I cannot support the view that this is better for men than women. Anyone who likes strong chypres and classic fragrances like Magie Noire, Paloma Picasso etc. should have a sniff at this lovely affordable gem.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

OK...Do not let the first whiff of this gem fool you....It smells like straight up oud for first few minutes. I cringed thinking I had just bought a disaster...Then slowly the rose, amber, and spice begin to come forward and the oud steps back into a supporting role. Elegance on a budget. Makes you feel like Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra...rich and exotic.

krmarich
krmarich

This is my second foray into the exotic world of AlRehab attars. Last year I tried Nebras and loved it. For $7 USDs this is amazing niche quality artwork. Saat Safa is incredible!

There is a fantastic chypre accord of patcholi and oakmoss that gives it a very green opening. I get a little pine here too. Then you are whisked away on a magic carpet to exotic accords of the Near East. I get a little jasmine and Taif rose. Then comes that exotic and trendy note of oud(real aloeswood-not the synthetic M7 rubbish) on a bed of sandalwood and rich, luscious amber/musk that lasts all day.

On my skin it rests like a luxuriant silk blanket with the notes merging and playing off each other for hours.

The niche market sells high end knock-offs of this for $100s. What is ironic is that this art has been practiced like this for centuries. The process is somewhat different than the European school of perfumery. I believe all of the ingredients are natural. If so, then this is the model for natural perfumers to strive for.

monkey do
monkey do

Whenever I feel like a ghostly soul, this is the one that will put my feet back on the ground. Heavy, gorgeous, a round sweetheart with arms wide open.
Survival stuff.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Strong nice scent for cold cloudy winter days. I really like its drydown which lasts for ages. It is dark spicy floral oud scent, and yes it is very warm and strong so you should use in small amounts. I must say I disagree with other fragranticans here and find it completely unisex.

lmlovespapa

this is STRONG and I mean STRONG, I don't see a woman pulling this off, and men should apply this with a light hand, this thing is a sillage BEAST

lmlovespapa

P.S. to all fragranticans there are many other Al-Rehab gems that are not listed in the drop down database.

SUSAN-beautiful slightly sweet oriental with honey-like notes, this bears a striking resemblance to Amarige perfume for a fraction of the cost.

LOVELY-the most beautiful creamy summery citrus scent, with a sexy musky dry down.

FANTASTIC-has a nice and creamy light musk smell that is very addicting, it also has some rose,red berries, vanilla, grey pepper, jasmine, white amber and tuberose, this smells VERY expensive, but is not.

ISTANBUL ROSE-is a soliflore of pure sweet Turkish rose, this puts tea rose by PWS to SHAME, smells life-like with dew still clinging to it.

SOFT-Is a grown n sexy version of Pink Sugar, if you like Pink Sugar but feel it's too juvenile give Soft a try, it is GORGEOUS.

RED ROSE- is a blend of taif rose (also known as Bulgarian rose) and amber, making this a oriental/balmy rose, this one is just DIVINE.

BAKHOUR-is a sweet musk with rose, amber and jasmine it's very oriental and sensual at the same time, it has an "expensive lotion" smell to it.

All of these scents have a staying power of about 6-8 hours, hope this helps fragraticans and remember free your mind and your nose will follow.

calyx93
calyx93

Very good, especially considering the low price. Tangy, spicy oud over a fruity, velvety rose and jasmine on a bed of amber and musk. Generally reminds me of a traditional chypre mixed with the various oud+floral+amber+musk combinations from Montale - or Czech & Speake's Dark Rose with less saffron and some jasmine added.

Just received a container of six 6ml roll-on bottles for $17.95 I from Amazon - yes, six bottles of 6ml each.. A single 15ml bottle of pale patchouli oil from my local Whole Foods Market costs that much alone - and isn't nearly as nice.

I was truly expecting some cheap-smelling, head-shop oil - with an obviously synthetic nature, especially the oud accord. How surprised I was to find out it has a much higher quality than I anticipated - and it doesn't smell like most oud blends from Firmenich or Givaudan that most "westernized" oud-based fragrances use in their compositions. The chypre element is lovely - reminds one a bit of EL Knowing or Paloma Picasso - and the musk in the base melds perfectly with the skin.

Now that I have so much, I'll try diluting the contents of one bottle with perfumer's alcohol and make an EDP. Should give it a nice lift for lighter days :)

delivio
delivio

This is very masculine unisex scent its oud and amber with a hint of rose i can not see women wearing this.

Odiee99
Odiee99

This stuff is strong!!! I really pick up the Oud, but I didn't notice much amber. I think more amber could have been used to temper Saat Safa a little. Your definitely getting your moneys worth. Projection is beastly and it will probably last on your skin long after you're dead. Unfortunately I can not wear this. This is supposed to be unisex, but if I smelled this on a woman I would run. I could see Xena Warrior Princess pulling this off without a problem.

judyk
judyk

I was gifted Saat Safa (edp) by a lovely Fragrantican. As soon as I opened the package the scent rushed out to greet me!

It's a cold, wet day here in the UK but I'm transported to a land of sun, sand and hot winds. Souks overflowing with baskets of rose petals and exotic spices. Everywhere the breath of precious oils.

The rose is deep, dark and velvety. There is noticeable oud, which I love. I agree with wosic that there's a sharpness like oakmoss or perhaps myrrh, and not a lot of amber. And the spiciness is subtle - no distinct notes but an underlying shimmer that reads as "hot" to my nose.

I cannot believe how cheap this perfume is! (which in no way diminishes my appreciation of the gift). A quick visit to That Auction Site reveals that a 6ml oil roll-on or 35ml edp spray can be had for less than £5.00.

Update: There *is* amber! After 4 hours the rose takes a back seat and the amber takes the wheel.

Killerrabbit
Killerrabbit

My first perfume from an Arabian company. This starts off very strong and a bit offputting but it quickly mellows into a lovely spicy amber rose and in the background I can detect a touch of oud. A nice cheap surprise but the roll on bottle doesn't compare to a pretty niche scent.

wosic
wosic

Saat Safa is the ultimate combination between old school chypres (like Knowing Estee Lauder, L'Arte di Gucci etc.) and my favorite Agarwood (Oud). This is an well-rounded, beautiful and feminine scent. I can detect rose, oud, moss ('m not so sure about the amber). Perfectly blended.
Staying power - 10 hours
Silage - 10/10

I have edp spray bottle.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

i have the eau de parfum,and this one for an oriental i find it quite wearable..first spritz was dissapointing because of aoud,im not used to smelling it.ismeled something like burned tyres.but wait..after 20 minutes turns into something very woody and sweet because of amber..i find it unisex and can be worn by both sexes.
LASTING POWER IS AMAZING!!I took a shower and afterwards i was still sniffing my wrist.BY GIVING IT SOMETIME TO DEVELOP..the result is something very comforting as jeca said..i would wear this winter time and spray an hour before going out..excellent fragrance!

Toni Lop
Toni Lop

Oud very good ، Amber and oud

jeca
jeca

Very comforting scent, just like said with oud and amber, smooth and warm.