Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Samourai Alain Delon for men

Samourai Alain Delon for men
dislike

Samourai by Alain Delon is a Oriental fragrance for men. Samourai was launched in 1995. Top notes are pink pepper and cedar; middle notes are jasmine, bergamot, rose and lemon; base notes are sandalwood and vetiver.

Pink Pepper Cedar

Jasmine Bergamot Rose Lemon

Sandalwood Vetiver

Anucci Men
Boss Bottled

Samourai Fragrance Reviews

dryckstan
dryckstan

I had this one long time ago and I just bought 100ml of this fragrance from my friend in Japan because I can't find it here in Philippines. I love this fragrance, especially the drydown, it blew my mind away! A complement getter for me! Just try it.

Pinoyfragrances
Pinoyfragrances

I must say. I don't like this when I wear it. My nose doesn't stick with it. But SURELY a compliment getter. Ladies love it!

consumed
consumed

How did the price on this stuff go up so much? Full bottles were going for about $10 on ebay four years ago. I got one for $8 back then and I'm just now getting around to wearing it.
Up top is nothing special, but the drydown is very pleasant. Soft vanilla and wood. It's very warming, contrary to the color of the juice. The wood smells a bit "cheap" if you focus on it, like particle board to solid oak, but it's pretty nice on a passing whiff. Well worth the $8 I paid, but not the $50+ it's going for now.

Takeshi
Takeshi

It's popular in my country and I don't understand fuckin' Y. and there's a vanilla missing from the pyramid btw. White floral, red pepper, and vanilla, whatever. This is something I'd never put on my skin, ever!

wbissar
wbissar

bluuggghhh :( I blind bought this based on the reviews here. Bad mistake :( couldn't get past the initial synthetic blast, no matter what I tried it just won't pass away. I actually don't know what this fragrance is all about because of this. Don't buy before you try!!!

Escoteric
Escoteric

I bought this as it was cheap, I think about £14. I must say it has been one of the fragrances, that has brought in the most compliments. Its longevity I have found to be 8-12 hours. It is particularly a wow scent with people pertaining to the Middle East. I have always been stopped by them asking me what I am wearing. Cannily they know Alain Delon, and say the French make the best perfume. If only I had bought more. Mr Delon, I take my hat off to you, and it seems women want to take their clothes off too!

chenriquemedeiros
chenriquemedeiros

It has a nice scent but it's too synthetic, as soon as I spray it I feel kind of allergic reactions like headaches. It's a pity.

jacek.drewnowski
jacek.drewnowski

Very pleasant and inoffensive. I feel very good wearing it, it's very fresh and puts me in a good mood. At the beginning there is a sharp bitter note which I would prefer there wasn't, but it disappears pretty quickly.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Simply sweet and pleasant with a romantic side. Easy to wear and makes me happy. Im happy i finally ordered this. I passed on it years ago when i didnt appreciate sweeter scents.

X-hot
X-hot

It is a nice one, you have to try it if you havent smelled it yet!

joe38
joe38

A real rarity! Bitter initially, then very nice floral scent! ...........
Unique, elegant, sensual and charming ........
Alain Delon in a bottle features the classic man!
I do not find much better than this .............

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Bright flowery-woody scent that is both gentle and energizing. Not the most stereotypically masculine perfume (i see it as unisex) but definitely very pleasant, refreshing and attractive. Smells modern and expensive, great projection, although lasting power could be improved. Ideal for spring and summer but it is all season friendly.

masaru
masaru

よく言えばはずれない香り。
悪く言えば、なんというか、ドンキとかで売ってそうな安物の香りがした。

LANIER
LANIER

Nino Rota’s music filled the theater in rolling swells of Italian grandeur. The camera followed a young man though the ornate room of Sicilian palace as he made his way and his goodbyes to the family who lived there. With a final farewell to the dour Concetta he hopped into a buggy and road off as the camera rose high over the gardens of the palace of Prince Don Fabrizio Salina. That was the first time I ever saw him and I knew at thirteen that I had just seen the most beautiful man in the world. The film was Visconti’s masterpiece, “The Leopard” and the young man was Alain Delon.

My parents were bored with the epic film and somewhere in the middle of the film we committed movie sacrilege and left the theater, very much against my will because the film and Alain Delon had captured my imagination. I would see him again and very soon.

I found him again in the dark of the Fox movie palace in Riverside. He was a gigolo boy toy in the delightful “The Yellow Rolls Royce”, And the following year there he was in the epic war film “Is Paris Burning?” He even did a western, “Texas Across The River”. He was magic in French and Italian but the Americans didn’t know how to use his unique abilities when they turned their cinemascope lenses on him. He was more or less just required to be beautiful as the camera dollied to a heart stopping close-up.

So to really enjoy his acting gifts I had to go to the little “Foreign” movie house behind the old Fox Theater. There He was in Antonioni’s haunting “L’eclisse”, He stunned us as the deadly American who stole a rich boy’s identity in “Purple Noon” the first version of “The Talented Mr. Ripley” Then the brilliant and tragic “Rocco and His Brothers” sealed his fate as a talent to be reckoned with. “Borsolano” a gangster film set in 1930’s Marseilles followed and the dangerous and beautifully stylized “Un Flic.” But perhaps his most famous role was as the Parisian hit man Jef Costello in the gorgeous film “Le Samourai” It is no surprise then that in later years when Delon began is foray into fashion and perfume he should create Samourai as his most famous signature scent.

The opening of Samourai is so sharp and crisp is seems almost to make the sound of a steel samurai sword as it is pulled in one swift motion from its scabbard. This Oriental perfume has a spare elegance in its notes, almost like a beautiful Japanese flower arrangement. The opening of pink pepper and cedar on paper is soft but on the skin it is sharp wood and a hint of the medicinal. This is almost like a preparation for the skin, a cleansing for what is to follow.

Slowly the flowers are arranged and it is indeed a masterful Japanese design of the florals and citrus. A sumptuous rose is the center around which is placed spray of sensuous jasmine and buds of lemon and bergamot. The base of the arrangement is rooted firmly in a bed of dry aromatic vetiver. The entire arrangement is set on a raw unvarnished sandalwood table for solid support. Elegant and pure, not a clean or fresh scent but rather something of a mystery to be explored as it unfolds.

This perfume was created in 1995 and holds its age well, there are flankers that followed which I have not tried, and two “women’s” flankers as well. Not a silage bomb in the least. It is too elegant and smart to be so obvious. It casts its net at about a foot or so and trails in subtle tendrils of scent. On my skin it lasts about 6 hours and most certainly can be worn by both men and women. The bottle is really beautiful. A square which on its sides twists from left to right as it moves up from the base. This design makes it fit into the hand very securely. The aqua marine juice contrasts to the silver lettering on the bottle and the stunning silver cap. All together it is a beautiful presentation.

Alain Delon was and still is a beautiful man who at 78 is still acting and making magic for us on the screen and in the perfume lab. His lure is so enduring that Dior now uses his face as the face of Eau Savage.

FIVE GOLD STARS

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is good Oriental Woody cologne for Summer season

BabyD
BabyD

Give this to my father, he like a lot and use it everyday, so gonna buy 2nd bottle for him, i guess. Smell nice too.

vlad.ciurea
vlad.ciurea

This is my fovourite perfume:)
Although it is not marketed very much I heard about it from a friend. From first time I've tried it . absolute love it !:)

Mike3979
Mike3979

Nice Smell

CGV
CGV

All positive comments are right, this is indeed a masterpiece. I think that the nose behind this is actually Christine Nagel who works very well with pepper for example. Its oustanding here as well and the whole blend as well as its sillage and longevity make this a perfect scent. I have a large collection of fragrances but this one is always returning as the real signature scent of mine. Its very vivid, fresh yet manly, not following any trend and therefore stands its time very well. I believe its a top seller in Japan. I read that Monsieur Delon actually uses it himself and thats a statement in itself!

florindeca
florindeca

superb perfume.
All Alain Delon's fragrances are superb and beautifull perfume

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

when i detect this on a man it can easily happen that i will throw myelf on his neck. !! yummy !!

i confirm: one of the best men frags ever made. its so crystal clear, refreshing with a sensual warmth lovely blended. the cedar in the top is mortal sexy and the flowers are so soft and precious sandelwood in the base! aw !!! yammmmm!

very remarkable outstanding scent, longlasting, good sillage.

sometimes i pick it from my husband to surround me with this sooo sexy scent even if its quite masculin, i like to sniff it all the time. :o)

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

this is one of best perfumes ever created, I would recomend it to everybody

nicki26
nicki26

This is a great perfume... my brother was actually given this by a friend, and I ended up pinching it off him! I know it's for men, but it also can work for women too, especially in summer..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alain Delon Samourai fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alain Delon Samourai, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Samourai by Alain Delon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Samourai by Alain Delon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.