Designers » A » Woody Spicy « Groups

Albert Nipon Albert Nipon for women

Albert Nipon Albert Nipon for women
dislike

Albert Nipon Albert Nipon for women Pictures

Self-titled debut fragrance designer from US fashion designer Alberta Nipon was introduced in 1983 as a classic woody - spicy fragrance for women. It opens with citrus notes. The heart is floral - spicy with accords of rose, jasmine and carnation. The base contains powdery musk and moss. Available as EDP as EDT.

Citruses

Halston Classic

Albert Nipon Fragrance Reviews

stormyla
stormyla

Below is a list of ingredients for this lush vintage fragrance that was published in an article on Cleopatra's Budoir blog

aldehydes, bergamot, lemon, rose, jasmine, lavender, galbanum, orange flower and carnation

geranium, patchouli, cloves, incense, vetiver, labdanum, opoponax,

myrrh,tolu balsam,oak moss, pepper, amber and musk.

Yourfoxiness and Blu Garcon are right on in their descriptions of this powerful and compelling scent. I have bottles of both the parfum and the EDT. They are equally as dark rich and potent. Don't be afraid of this marvelous brew,just go very lightly with it.

This fragrance does seem like it could have been made even as far back as the 40's. I used a full bottle of it back in the 80's,but back then it didn't really stand out among the other behemoths of the era. Now smelling it I get an entirely different feel for it. The myrrh,balsam and amber in this really make it quite velvety. I wouldn't begin to try to classify this fragrance except to say that it is very beautiful if not overdone.

I have no experience with the newer versions of the scent. There is quite a lot of the vintage available in Flea markets and on Ebay. They all seem to have held up well. Don't be afraid of the dark color, it was always that way. The older bottles all have crystal bows built into the bottle or glass or plastic bows on the cap.

The sillage is enormous unless under applied and the longevity can go 24 hours. The vintage prices are very reasonable for a bottle that should last quite some time! This is definitely a cool weather scent,perfect for the upcoming holiday social events.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Very loud indeed! This reminds me of an old UN-REFORMULATED Dior creation. Somewhere in between Poison & Addict. Lovers of heavy hitting, dramatic orientals will probably love this. Big, white florals, huge spice, sweet, & woody. There really is an animalic vibe here, and I believe I'm testing the vintage. The juice is DARK! I'm getting a sweet fruityness that isn't mentioned in the notes. Interesting. Merits a retest.

Blu Garcon
Blu Garcon

I find this too be quite an animalic oriental. I do pick up hints of cinnabar, opium and some utlra skanky jasmine/musk. It's slightly boozey; It's almost like a cognac or campari and coke. It reminds me of Paris in the fall for some reason. It's very 80's; a very heady juice like the comtemporaries of its time. It eventually mellows out into a mossy, woody, musky skinscent; blending well with ones own personal secretions magnifiques. I think it's sexy and daring and not for the faint at heart. This one will turn heads and some noses for better or worse. The oak moss is detectable too. So it has a chypre feel no doubt. I wear this around the house and sometimes when I'm feeling loud and dramtatic, to the clubs. For an intense night of debauchery I layer this with an Rasasi's Amber Oud or an amber oil by Nemat(Liquid Amber or Musk Amber.) At home, when I'm feeling in need of comfort and pampering(to read a book in a most lux manner or to nuzzle up with a special someone in bed; and not just on my pulse points...) I layer this with an edp of choice(DK Gold or Pacificas Spanish Amber) it tends to make the floral accord, in this case the jasmine, creamy, soft and like cashmere. Layering also brings out this lucious saffron accord in Nipon, which I love, love love.

*This review is for both the Vintage Parfum and the Vintage Eau de Toilette. The parfum really is just a more intense concentration of the edt. There's not a real difference between them other than what I mentioned.

Albert Nipon by Albert Nipon 4.04 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Albert Nipon Albert Nipon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Albert Nipon Albert Nipon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Albert Nipon by Albert Nipon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Albert Nipon by Albert Nipon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.