Designers » A » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Desire Black Alfred Dunhill for men

Desire Black Alfred Dunhill for men
dislike

Desire Black Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures

Desire Black by Alfred Dunhill is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Desire Black was launched in 2014. Top notes are black pepper, bergamot and grapefruit; middle notes are saffron, cypress and rose; base notes are vetiver, olibanum and amber.

Black Pepper Bergamot Grapefruit

Desire Silver

Desire Black Fragrance Reviews

fanzypants
fanzypants

Bought this in April after smelling the bottle - I had sprayed many frags on myself already and it was overkill - so I just picked it up, It cost about 50 CAD$.
Between this and Dunhill Icon, I chose this but I didn't try either on my skin. Fastforward 5ish wears and this is what I find (never having worn Terre D'Hermes):

Boozy and woody opening - reminds me of The One but not as sweet, Dirty English boozy and Dunhill Pursuit sharp (shudder) but that fades.
What you're left with is pretty beautiful (to my nose) - citrus olibaum sprinkled with pepper.

It's dry down is very similar to that of MJ Bang (one of my favourites) - but the weak dry down (3 hrs) and heavy pepper mill effect of Bang, make Dunhill Desire Black a more accessible choice. I wear with collared shirts to work - For me, it easily replaces Starwalker, Dirty English, The One, Dunhill Pursuit, Marc Jacobs Bang. If you put those last three in a custom perfume bottle you would get something similar. What really makes this brilliant is the use of floral notes to soften the the "sharp" problem I've had with those I've just mentioned.

I am enjoying it thoroughly and recommend it if you're looking for an office friendly - slightly serious - hardly sweet frag. It's not in my top five but I love it.

Sedastian
Sedastian

Got it so far, Smelled clean, and even after dry down, remind me a clinical gauze bandage. Moderate sillage but poor longivity, it would be last for 4-6 hr. Suit for grown up and business day.

glossophile
glossophile

I enjoyed this scent. I really didn't get much citrus out of the opening, which was interesting given how sensitive I am to citrusy notes. The first thing I noticed was strong pepper (though not as strong as Cartier Santos), and then a drydown into a smooth balance of pepper, saffron, and a vetiver/cypress combo similar to Encre Noire (though nowhere near the quality of EN). Projection and longevity were average at best, but for $13 US at Ross, it was a steal! Nice woody/spicy fragrance that I'll be wearing again soon.

emad.siddiqui
emad.siddiqui

Got a sample of this. Well yeah to be honest it does smell like TdH. It does not smell cheap, it lasts long with an average sillage. I am thinking to buy this one as I cant afford TdH. And yeah, if you dnt like TdH still give Desire Black a try and u might like this one.

amirsasan90
amirsasan90

واقعا رایحه شیک، جذاب و بادوامی داره، بسیار باوقار،مناسب قرار های رسمی و حتی دوستانه

arya1900
arya1900

بوی ملایم و خوبی داره در کل
توی رایحه هایی که براش نوشته شده ، رایحه لیمو خیلی خوب از آب درومده
طوریکه یبار که سر سفره غذا نشسته بودیم با خودم گفتم یعنی کی از ادکلن من زده !؟ بعد که یه کم اطراف رو وارسی کردم فهمیدم این بوی لیمو ی روی سفره ست :دی البته منظورم از بوی لیمو یه بوی خنک شبیه به آبلیمو و محتویات داخل لیمو نیست، شبیه به رایحه ایه که پوست لیمو داره و از مایع داخل پوست لیمو روی دست آدم می مونه. در کنار اون، رایحه سرو و یه بوی پودر فلفل هم به مشام میرسه. درکل توی این عطر مقدار و قدرتِ این سه رایحه بیشتر هست و اونچه اطرافیان حس میکنن اینها هستن
یخورده هم به کارای قدیمی نزدیکه بوش
کاملا جزء ادکلن های چهارفصله ، متمایل به استفاده‌ش تو هوای خنک یا سرد
پخش بوش متوسط به بالاست ماندگاریش هم خوبه

matty64

I finally found this and purchased from Marshals/TJ Maxx, (same company)...the opening is a a vetivery, peppery, powdery sweetness. Similar pepper note as MJ's Bang but not the same. The middle phase appears quickly and is the most pleasant of the EDT's pyramid scheme. I don't care much for the dry down but it's not entirely unbearable. For me, 6 on a scale of 1-10. No real complaints because for a 100 ml bottle I paid just $29.00. Oh, I almost forgot. I really enjoy the feel of matte black bottle, smooth!

nightcutter
nightcutter

This has nothing in common with the original Desire or Desire Blue. This is a sharp green (vetiver?) and woody scent. Smells a bit peppery too. I generally like Dunhill fragrances but not this one.

nrthans
nrthans

reminds me of the 90s fragrances > good smell thogh

Nardis
Nardis

@matty64...haha. hilarious but true.

matty64

To: @reworx, sometimes not seeing some of the reviews is a good thing. IMHO

Enigmatic.777
Enigmatic.777

Can't say i am disappointed, its an average fragrance but have to admit it has good longevity

John E Buoy

@pronose, Sorry, but here it is cheap (doesn't cost much) it is for sale in the bargain shops.

pronose

sorry but it's not a cheap cologne at all! dunhill never made a cheap cologne till now thanks heaven!

John E Buoy

The dry down reminds me of a lighter version of Bang.
Nice scent, cheap, not offensive.

pronose

another great scent by dunhill ! very classy and most of all well balanced as well crispy and dry ! not a common generic scent like others! dunhill never failed.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Desire Black opens up spicy with a little saffron in the mix. Maybe cypress and rose are in there somewhere, but I can't find them as the overall fragrance is extremely synthetic (and not in a good, unique way like the original Desire and Desire Blue) and has a strange metallic smell. A little sharp vetiver in the drydown and buried deep beneath everything else, some oud.

It isn't bad as such and certainly not offensive, but I feel it would be most suited to someone leaving adolescence (and cheap body sprays) behind and looking for their first 'grown up' fragrance.

reworx
reworx

i cant see these reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Dunhill Desire Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alfred Dunhill Desire Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Desire Black by Alfred Dunhill. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Desire Black by Alfred Dunhill represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.