Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Desire for a Man Alfred Dunhill for men
dislike

I have it: 639 I had it: 519 I want it: 310 My signature: 12

Desire for a Man Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures

Dunhill Desire for a Man is a perfume introduced in 2000, in the beginning of the new millennium. With its very red bottle this brand tries to attract attention of the customers, namely new generation from 25 to 45. It is addressed to self-confident and the men who want to be in the center of attention. The Desire perfume opens with the notes of apple, orange blossoms, fresh, sweet bergamot and sparkling lemon. The heart brings notes of rose, patchouli and teakwood in. The base acts with the accords of vanilla, musk and labdanum. With its attractive and modern design, Dunhill Desire is made of ruby-red glass which conquests with its woody-oriental composition. It was designed by Michael Almairac. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Apple Neroli Bergamot Lemon

Chastity Men

Desire for a Man Fragrance Reviews

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

anyone in usa with a bottle to swap? message me thanx

razmale_kl
razmale_kl

Agreed with D-Bo. Unexpectedly i don't like it.. i don't know why and how.. i try so much to like it but i still don't.. projection and longevity is strong.. i just don't like the scent.. gave me an headache.. sorry, but i think this is an overrated men fragrance..

cprobusiness
cprobusiness

Redolent in a sad way. Reminiscent of a rose bush with a truck on fire ensconced in it. Smells like a dead-beat dad. Would never wear anywhere.

Wizology
Wizology

Ooooh! I like this a LOT! I have tested Dunhill Desire For A Man so many times and I am so glad I finally bit the bullet. My first "red" fragrance.

The fresh opening of sweet Apple and Citrus is completely mesmerising. This in turns combines well with the Rose and Musk. The Teak and Vanilla follows much later - a good few hours into the dry down.

My daughters love this and I can see why they say they would use it, as it can be almost unisex with the citrus, neroli, rose and vanilla combination.

It reminds me a little of JOOP! Homme.

This is a bold fragrance so ideal for cooler Spring weather. (see review by Abdul Hammad)

Sillage : 9/10
Longevity : 9/10 (12 hours+)
Overall : 8/10

D-Bo
D-Bo

My dad bought me this for my birthday one year and this is honestly one of the most nauseating fragrances in the world. You put it on, and poof, instant headache for me. I honestly can't think of a reason why anyone would find this scent appealing. I wore this once or twice and then got rid of it. For me, it's like a 1/10 because I'd seriously rather not be wearing cologne than be wearing this.

Sorry to anyone who likes this scent, it's just not for me.

Francisstof
Francisstof

I think @ahmedzg hit the nail on the head with his hypothesis: great on smokers. I don't know, but it just fits so good with a smoker. But personally on my skin, wow. Quite a disaster. It smells extremely synthetic and it's probably the most headache causing scent I have come across. Usually I really, really like green apple and vanilla, but is is awful to me personally.

Sorry if you like this scent, but it just doesn't work on my skin, nor does it last on it aswell. I have noticed it becomes quite pleasent during the dry down, but then it is barely noticable. A bit disappointed.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :7/10
60% day / 40% night fragrance

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

Dunhill Desire seems like such a promising fragrance. Unfortunately, it's loud and screechy for all the wrong reasons.

The whole fragrance is extremely metallic. Dunhill Desire opens with a shrilling green apple note along with an inedible metallic vanilla. The combo is extremely loud and sweet without a real purpose. Sometime after the opening, a metallic teak-wood note and powdery rose note peaks through. Every time I've worn Desire, I immediately wish I hadn't. I tried to like this fragrance as the bottle is opulent and rare beauty among the generic bottles and toy bottles that fragrances come in these days.

Prior to owning Desire, if I ever would have smelled this fragrance on another person, I would figure they mixed up several fragrances and layered them all into one giant mess. Grandmother's rose perfume from the 70s, Le Male, and some sort of candy fruit apple lotion.

The only redeeming factor of this fragrance is the day after. I enjoy the subtle, soft scented sweetness that's left over on my clothes I wore the previous day.

Mishary
Mishary

Dunhill Desire has a colorful smell.

You will enjoy wearing this fragrance.

But mostly Dunhill Desire is for males between 18-35.

Dunhill Desire lasts long enough, between 3-5 hours.

Zackkcaz
Zackkcaz

Very synthetic, did not work with my chemistry. Stayed next to my skin and had no lasting power.

doownehpets
doownehpets

This is pretty good stuff, not my favorite, but still very good. Didn't smell this until just a couple months ago. Didn't know anything about it back when it came out at all, apparently it was the 1 Million of the early 2000s.

Mostly I get apple, the teak wood and vanilla. The other notes are in there for sure, but those are definitely the 3 that stand out to me. The teak wood to me has this damp woody sort of smell, where it's almost sort of fermented or something like that. I never smelled teak wood anywhere else before, but that's what I think of. Like many others have said, I get a sort of cinnamon smell on this as well, not sure which note adds to that, but try it and you'll see.

Overall, probably 6.5/10. Not my favorite, but it's a very wearable fragrance, not offensive as long as you're not too heavy on the trigger.

ahmedzg
ahmedzg

I have a hypothesis... This is great on Smokers and very good on everyone else!

عندي نظرية... العطر هذا رائع على المدخنين و جميل جدا على باقي الأشخاص

Gault
Gault

I dont know yet what is it, but every Dunhill fragrance I tried seems to keep a certain alcohol-like chemical smell even after the top notes faded away.
What I get in this apart from that cheap smelling note are some sweet raisins, a bit of honey, some spices I cant identify yet, something evergreenish woody, a floral balsamic base which reminds me of the original Dunhill and a strange salty vibe in the background that almost smells like onions to me (or even the most feared durian).
The overall imression to me is like a dessert wine (or some kind of ice wine), it is certainly an interesting fragrance but that cheap note and the onions stop me from wearing it.

farook
farook

Headache inducing synthetic mess that someone new to perfumes will think is great. I however, made the very bad mistake of smelling too many scents in one visit and ended up getting several that time, and this was the worst one of them all. Don;t know what possessed me (or my nose) to get this nauseating one, but i immediately regretted it the very day i wore it for the first time and never changed my opinion ever since. Every time someone wearing Dunhill Desire walks past, i immediately think that the person is new to perfumes or is easily swayed by sales people. Ugh!

baxtis
baxtis

This is vert sweet, reminds me Lacoste Style in Play
Not so office safe.
Overall very unique scent.

yarks
yarks

I blind-bought this cologne and sincerely wished I didn't. I think the best way to describe this fragrance would be cough-syrup, distinctly Robitussin (a favor I am all too familiar with from childhood). Is it sweet? Certainly! But the underlying off vibe of it is what makes it...unDESIREable. I will say that it is strong and lasts a long time, but it has what I consider to be the fragrance equivalent of an aftertaste, and not at all a pleasant one. Kind of stale and unpleasant. Just my two cents, of course.

jotaclow
jotaclow

It reminded me of Fuel for Life Spirit, but with a fruit opening, almost as you can see on female fragances such as Ricci Ricci. Nice for clubbing, but if that is the fragance you're looking, go for Diesel that has better longevity & sillage. ;D

Allen-at-home

I have reviewed Desire before, but wanted to update now. Desire is basically apple, lime and teak. (I know there's vanilla in it, but my nose has always had trouble interpreting vanilla.) Opens with a shrill, piercing sourness that softens, but still hangs around. Yes, Desire is linear, but I have NO problem with linear. After all, if I like the way something starts out, why wouldn’t I like it after wearing for awhile? I see why some don’t like this, something about it seems so generic, but it also seems well-made. Overall, I can take it or leave it. But I don’t want to leave it, just yet.

alshujairy86
alshujairy86

Not a big fan of Dunhill but I think this one is a nice shot. It is a good mixture of apple notes and vanilla.

VILFI
VILFI

Talk about longevity! Smelling it on my skin at 10:45 WHEN i applied a small amount yesterday at about 23:00, and my skin is bad for longevity. This is instant pleasantness from the opening to the drydown, very linear and honest. Smells like childhood and candy wrapper to be truthful, but still somehow masculine and sexy. How did they pull that off? There's an eighties/nineties vibe in there, and it reminds me of Joop but much more safe. I really like it but have to test more. Exciting stuff.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

The "One Million" of the 2000's

Back in the early 2000's this was the gem every guy is looking because literally every girl loved it. No matter how many guys smell of this guys still cared to buy it.

Personally I never could grasp that fact of wearing a perfume so loud, it projected everywhere for hours just like one million, but the opening was too nauseating for me.

Cancerian1978
Cancerian1978

Smells cheap and synthetic. It is good to wake up faint or sick people.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Ayaya.
We don't "know what you mean"!
Perhaps you could explain.?!

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

This fragrance puzzles me. It smells at the same time pedestrian and refined,a bit tacky but immensely pleasant to wear. I think overall I lean to a positive opinion about this, making me think that Almairac did a laudable and really creative job with not-so-great resources at hand. What puzzles me here is that it took me quite some time to familarize with this fragrance and be able to even just get some of the notes. At first it was just an odd “whole” smelling at once massively generic, yet never smelled before – but I admit I may be just a bit relatively new to this side of “cheapos”, so probably it is just something I am not used to. Anyway what I get at the very opening is a thick, balmy, quite sweet but somehow perfectly wearable blend comprising fruity-powdery notes on a sort of dusty, dry, “greyish” amber and labdanum base. I get something soapy which I guess is rose, and something juicy and green-aromatic definitely smelling like apple. This first stage is quite bold and as nearly any other reviewer noted, quite heavy to the point of overwhelming. And honestly a bit cheap too, but in a tolerable, playful way.

The drydown on the contrary is really good, mellow and subtle but perfectly vibrant even after many hours. It is by far the best part of Desire for me, and it luckily arrives soon and stays there for hours; still “artificially” sweet but more leaning on a gentler, somehow “breezier” rose-wood accord, just scented with a restrained and perfectly gentle hint of fruit, echoing the dry, slightly sour woods of scents like Trussardi Inside Man, and the woody, slightly syrupy sweetness of Escada Magnetism for Men. Also, on the drydown there is a decidedly bolder presence of labdanum and amber with an equally sharp sort of soapy musk. I think I get something aldehydic, too. Again, really synthetic and almost tacky on one side, but inexplicably so enjoyable to wear, even refined. It may be just a suggestion, but I think I get some of the ideas Almairac used with more class (and probably more budget) ten years later or so for Bottega Veneta EDP for women; a really similar sort of sweet, floral, “gassy” dustiness almost “abstract” in its syntheticness. Not sure if Desire may be considered a “good” fragrance, all I know is that it smells really pleasant to wear, and overall quite distinctive and memorable. It reminds me of McDonald’s stuff – probably the crappiest materials around, but still I bet most of us love those sandwiches every time, and still pretty much nothing tastes like that (either in a good or bad way). Much powerful in both projection and persistence, so – use sparingly.

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

A MUST HAVE FOR ANY MAN OF ANY AGE.

Great amalgam of classic citrus and neroli with modern green apple.
Does it's best in spring and fall. A bit too balmy for hot weather.

My favorite part is the way rose has been used to add it's inviting and delicate charm without taking away from the masculine nature of the smell.

One of the best in it's price range.

scent:8/10

S24995
S24995

impressed, a must try imo, 4/5

georgequeue

Dunhill Desire for a Man is just sensational!

I put 3-4 sprays on my neck and chest at 8 this morning, and I can still catch sniffs from my shirt (It's 9 p.m. now!). The drydown is delicious, classy, and clean; I think this is a good choice for a night out with the girl you like; it's so unique and full of presence.

I think I'm gonna steal my brother's 85%-full bottle, he he he!

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

I cannot really add much as previous reviewers nailed it.and i cannot find my bottle
To summarize,strong,do not wear in heat.2 sprays maybe 3 tops
Sweet so evenings and dates.Like a candy apple with vanilla coating.
Synthetic so longevity is kick ass,it is very "musky"
It is my favored scent from these guys.I liked so much i bought Pursuit untested but that one is pretty boring compared to this.
Update
I found the bottle,and it is similar to Boss Bottled.i get more apple in the beginning and less of the synthetic wood note.
Both are good and either would do the job nicely but i think this is the smoother blend for now,as always it comes down to your own personal preference.Scotch or Bourbon?
This is boozier and Boss is woodier with more vanilla than this.
The

AZJeff
AZJeff

I tried a sample of this about a 1 year ago that came with a order of men's fragrance that my friend sent for me for Christmas,and was chosen at radom. This fragrance is almost like "Dunhill London" in that it is sweet but not in the direction that I like. I think this is worse sweet type of fragrance that I've ever smelled other than the one I just mentioned and especially "Sand" by Axis which is another obnoxious sweet cloying fragrance. I tried to use up the fragrance by wearing it but I found it to be so nauseating and annoying me to the point that I just threw the rest of the sample in the trash. Thank god I didn't get it as a "blind" buy. That's how bad it was to me. I think the fragrance note that makes it where I don't like it, is "apple". I can't be for certain as I've tried other men's fragrances with the "apple" note and they didn't smell as bad on me, so it has to be "apple" and a combo of other notes working with my chemistry to smell as it does. Dunhill London and Sand by Axis also have the "apple" note as well.

amirsasan90
amirsasan90

Dunhill Desire Red is my ultimate desire...

pronose

at last it's back again! red desire it's just so unique! never can't get enough of it!

Allen-at-home

I have worn Desire (red) before, and loved the opening, but hated that sour drydown! But now I have learned to *appreciate* that sour drydown because it’s so well-blended, and because I have grown fond of teak, and have really always been fond of lime. But my fascination with sour notes has grown, especially since so many fragrances out there are sweet. But I think Desire is well-blended and VERY unique. And I think I can almost smell cinnamon, although cinnamon isn’t listed in the note pyramid.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

What to say about desire for man...it is a fragrance full of suprise. Very sweet in the opening, it the same range than the famous one million. Get lot of apple, mayble some flower in the opening, lot of musk/vanilla in the dry down, smell synthetic, but a good buy for the price. A pleasant scent, very sweet (u need to love sweet scent), gourmand i would say. An average compliment getter, a good longevity and a good projection in the first few hours. Could be good for night out, clubbing, etc. but i would avoid it for office or hot time, can be annoying easily if u put a few more spray than u should ;)
Here is my final score:

Scent: 8/10, sweet, like by girl, strong. Perfect for clubbing if u don t like 1million (or like it and want something similar). An alternative in the same kind. Mayble intended for a young crowd?
Projection: 4/5, excellent in the first few hours.
Longevity: 3,5/5, about 6 hours for me.
Versatility: 3/5, for night out, cold weather and surely not for hot time or summer, could be cloying. Also avoid small restricted area.
Overall: 16,5/25, something to try if u are looking for a sweet scent for night out. If u like 1 million, u might like this too; it doesn t smell the same at all, but both are strong sweet scent. I prefere this one over 1 million.

Ravisto
Ravisto

The opening of this fragrance is dominated by fresh apple which I like. It then transforms into a sweet vanilla/musk dominated dry-down which I like a little less.

I am not a fan of sweet scents.. the ladies love this one though and I have no problem wearing it for them :)
The sillage and longevity are moderate to good.

Evening fragrance great for dates.
Scent : 15/20
Longevity : 6/10
Projection : 7/10

Total : 7/10 ... Impress the ladies. The vanilla makes this a gourmand to me.

adamhabib
adamhabib

Just bought my 3rd bottle of this masterpiece.

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

This one is my most recent purchase and my very first blind-bought perfume.

I agree with everyone who says Dunhill Desire is a gorgeous sexy fragrance... Sure it is!

It's a delicious fruity and spicy love potion that ends with a charming vanilla and musk combination. It's much better, way more pleasant, and less synthetical than Xeryus Rouge (reformulated version).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the powerful sillage and longevity most people assure it has. Am I losing my sense of smell or something? I can barely smell it for two hours or less on my skin. That's the only aspect I find disappointing about this fragrance.

Nevertheless, I don't regret buying this wonderful creation. Nothing bad considering it was a blind buy. I've barely started using this juice, and I'm seriously thinking of getting a second bottle.

Longevity: 5.5/10
Projection: 7.5/10
Versatility: 9/10
Price: 8/10

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A wonderful playful scent. Great for nights and casual settings. It's too strong for the summer weather even with the apple note. Better for fall/winter and early spring. A very uplifting scent which I am on my 3rd bottle of. The best I have smelled from Dunhill. As mentioned, the silage and longevity are superb. I can see women pulling this off as well.

georgequeue

What an interesting fragrance!

In the opening (which is somewhat sweet, but never offensive), you can feel strong apple with citrus, a bit of cola, and a detergent-scented accord; drydown smells really clean and nice, which features very soft vanilla and wood. I can sense a really tiny amount of lavender, as well.

It is elegant and suitable for the evening, with good seductive potential. It does resemble Xeryus Rouge a little, but Dunhill Desire is more appealing and has greater presence. I think it is worth buying a bottle if you have the chance; you won't regret it!

Guest_thiefofnoses
Guest_thiefofnoses

Dunhill Desire was one of my first fragrances and it is still one of my favourites. It opens with a sweet rose + musk accord with a touch of bergamot and apple. A fleeting moment of patchouli and in the drydown the top and middle notes are a strong echo on a musk + vanilla (but only a little bit) base.

I feel that Desire and Desire Blue are the strongest of Dunhill's offerings and Dunhill Desire is a great, slightly more mature alternative to other louder clubbing fragrances such as 1 Million. Better suited to cooler weather and casual evenings.

If you don't like sweet fragrances, Dunhill Desire is probably not for you and it does have a synthetic feel to it, but I find that doesn't really bother me as the fragrance itself is extremely well-done.

Ravenwind
Ravenwind

This is a masterpiece. A very interesting combination of the sweet apple and rose with musk. Excellent longevity and silage. I had compliments the first day wearing it due to its uniqueness and muskiness.

gr8daddyg
gr8daddyg

Just got this based on some reviews I've read and I'm very please with the scent. It really does remind me of Cuba Paris - Cuba Orange. It has a mellow sweetness that I like but does warm up into a slightly musky vanilla finish.

alsyaid
alsyaid

saya lebih merasakan dominan vanilla , ditambah sedikit mawar . dan ada bau apel hijaunya . tp percayalah , ini parfum baunya gak kampungan . daya tahan 8.3/10 . daya pancar 8/10 . merk yang pasaran , tp jarang org pake . kebanyakan orang banyak yang make desire blue .

rajnandan
rajnandan

I get fresh sipcy.. synthetic.. but at this price it is a good buy.. you must consider it buying

fresh_scents

Ok, now that I have it, and have worn more of it, my views still have not changed. This is a fun, spicy, citrusy, and sweet smelling fragrance that's great for the warm weather months. I believe that Desire is appropriate for the office and those casual nights out when you have that laissez-faire attitude. You just want to have fun and have no need to impress.

fresh_scents

I cannot say anything except WOW! From the opening to the dry down this inexpensive fragrance is truly mood altering for me. I have overlooked this countless times and had the good fortune to try it. It's on the list of my next fragrance purchases.

pronose

great scent by dunhill and i hope dunhill won't stop the production of desire!

Ayl
Ayl

باحال و خوشبو . جوون پسند و خوشحال . پر انرژی و تند . فقط یه عیب داره ، اونم این که از روش به دفعات کپی کردن البته شایدم امتیاز به حساب بیاد براش چون حتماً محبوبه که از روش کپی کردن دیگه !ء

srt33
srt33

I had high hopes when trying this based on the ratings, reviews, and vanilla and apple notes. It lasts, without a doubt. Didn't get the type of projection being mentioned. But it’s the scent itself that was the huge letdown. The apple and vanilla are clearly the stars, but it’s very strange, metallic versions of these notes. I do also get some musk and teakwood. I can't think of any other scent except Sushi Imperiale where my feelings were so far removed from the general consensus. I get that women apparently love this stuff, always a plus, but doesn't seem worth it in this case

Bbjr
Bbjr

I can't believe it took me so long to break down and buy this one. Wow! This is a masterpiece! The dry down is amazing with just a hint of rose and something spicy underneath. Michael Almairac is a genius. Best Dunhill scent by far.

kanak
kanak

Desire starts off with a sweet synthetic blast of citrus similar to sculpture and Desire Blue and then goes in a different way. The dry down is a great vanilla musk with some rose but you have to put up with a lot of cloying sweetness to get there. This is one of those perfumes I like bits and pieces of but dont care for the whole thing. it is a good fragrance as testified by all the reviews here but just too sweet for me. would probably be a great scent for somebody in their teens.
5/10 overall, 8/10 for the dry down. it really is nice. if only the rest of it matched.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Desire by Alfred Dunhill is my first fragrance from this line. I love the sweet and sexy accords like apple and rose. After a while it turns into a spicy delicious sweet scent. I will be wearing it very often from now on.

Greg1965
Greg1965

My first Dunhill and I wanted to test it because of reviews and due to the fact that it was mentioned a few times as a good office scent to a question I posted. Today I tried and at first, I wasn't impressed and that was a 100% due to the citrus. This, for me, is very overpowering and I thought that this would be again a scent that I would like but not buy or try further.
After an hour however, the citrus was gone and a beautiful composition remained and the OH NO turned into OH YES.
So once I get pass the citrus, it's a very outstanding.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

If you´re one of those looking for the legendary "By", by "Dolce&Gabbana", and don´t seem to find it anywhere, this is the fragrance you can try and be sure you get the same effect, or maybe even a better effect. I like this one a little better. It´s seductive and if you´re one of those looking for a fragrance to appeal to the female gender and awaken their naughty side, this is one of those that will do that job very well.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This is a thing of beauty. What a masterpiece.

The first time I smelled Dunhill Desire was back in 2004 in London at the airport's duty free (I was 8 years old back then). I was attracted to the red flask, so I gave it a spray on my hand. Right away, I thought of freshly cut sweet red apples. It was something that I couldn't stop sniffing.

Now that I'm more knowledgeable on notes, it opens up with a fresh blend of apples and citrus. It just might be one of the nicest openings a fragrance could have. In the heart, the apple note is still there, but rose is also introduced which gives the fragrance a fresh, floral, and fruity accord with some mild sweetness. In the base, it gets a bit musky and woody with a little bit of vanilla. Keep in mind that this fragrance is linear, as the apple and rose notes are the key players.

This fragrance is perfect for a classy dinner, date or a night out, or even formal occasions. This is the king of romantic fragrances. Simply put, it will make her wild ;).

I love the fact that this fragrance is very underrated, too. All I can say about this is, WOW! Simply magnificent and truly one of a kind.

olfactorium
olfactorium

Everything about Dunhill Desire is soothing, loving and warm. I have a fairly large rotation of fragrances, so I am able to put some of them aside and come back to them much later. When I do this I give myself a good opportunity to re-evaluate what the attraction was in the first place. On a recent winter night (cold winter nights here are rare and something to be savored) I sprayed this on after a warm shower, before retiring, and took a deep and enchanting journey to the heart of apple. Not a culinary apple, but possibly the apple growing in the Garden of Eden. A paradisiacal apple, like one you see in an old masterwork. Beautiful, intoxicating, erotic, gold-flecked and ready to be consumed, the apple was attended by a very aristocratic vanilla with a bit of fine rose and bergamot, all becoming its own everlasting, delightful thing with a musky teakwood dry down. Even after the dry down, the long, symphonic opening and middle notes remained and the effect in my bedclothes was as if I were reclining in a John Singer Sargent portrait where everything is soft-focus, luxurious, and often full of the embrace of summer. I drifted into sleep with the pleasing awareness of having been loved. The name, the fiery red flask and the effect of this fragrance align to create a very successful sensual experience.

warlockss
warlockss

i got a sample of this and this smells really good . its smells like a mixture of 1 million with antonio banderas the golden secret with Black XS Paco Rabanne for men , smells vanillery and cinnamon with raspberries .

Roman86
Roman86

This is one seductive fragrance that will win people over every time. This is one to wear if you want to impress people for any occasion and draw them in with its alluring smell. Dunhill Desire is a killer fragrance with high potency and sillage that will enchant everyone that happens to be in its presence. This is some lethal juice so only wear it when you feel you have what it takes to face all the people that happen to notice you wearing this fragrance. This may not be an everyday kind of fragrance for some people because of its boldness but that all depends on your personality and whether you're daring enough to wear it regularly. With such a fragrance comes big responsibility. Are you up for it?

Corvidian
Corvidian

I reckon either my nose is broken, or the samples I tried have gone off or been tampered with... one of the VERY few fragrances that actually makes me feel ill. That said, I also think that Chanel No.5 smells vile... I reckon I'm the exeption, not the rule! I realised after all these years that it wasn't that some women smelt... aweful, but they were simply wearing Chanel! Strange, not ONE other fragrance but those two does that to me!

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

I had to wear it for few month before I get to like it. The vanilla is well blended, but easily could be over powering, I would just use it in very cold weathers.

LA Bones
LA Bones

Ummmm....I can't believe no one mentioned how Thierry Mugler stole Dunhill's formula here.????

Smells exactly like Angel Men Pure Malt...

If you want to smell like Pure Malt (a $60-70 USD niche frag) then buy Dunhill Red for $30-35 USD.

You're welcome!

ritvik.carvalho
ritvik.carvalho

Desire. It had me right from the first spray and will continue to do so till the last drop. Every time I sniff the atomizer of the luxurious, red hip flask bottle, my body instantly greets me with the mildest rush - the excitement and anticipation I feel after getting decked up for a night on the town. It's the feeling that carries me through lacing up my boots, tightening my belt and a final glance in the mirror before grabbing my car keys and bolting out the door. Images and sensations instantly flood my mind at first spray - women in sexy cocktail dresses and stilettos, bottles of fine alcohol stacked behind wooden bar counters, LED-lit swimming pools, and the pulsing flashes of coloured lights on the packed floor of a posh nightclub. This is my definitive party fragrance - sweet, smooth, seductive and loud. Desire opens with a crisp apple/fruity note, discernible only for a few minutes which is then backed up by a rush of sweet vanilla. It immediately envelops you in a cloud that projects excellently. Apart from the great sillage, this is one scent that can be smelled long after application - one that would see you through to the next morning's hangover! Towards the dry down, the vanilla still remains but is pleasantly joined by musk. Desire can be cloying in warmer months due to its sweetness, so use appropriately. In conclusion, the perfect fragrance for a night out - especially if you're going to get with someone... Oh, please. It wasn't named 'Desire' for nothing!

P.S. The guest post below is mine - I posted it by mistake while not logged in.

Desire. It had me right from the first spray and will continue to do so till the last drop. Every time I sniff the atomizer of the luxurious, red hip flask bottle, my body instantly greets me with the mildest rush - the excitement and anticipation I feel after getting decked up for a night on the town. It's the feeling that carries me through lacing up my boots, tightening my scarf and a final glance in the mirror before grabbing my car keys and bolting out the door. Images and sensations instantly flood my mind at first spray - women in sexy cocktail dresses and stilettos, bottles of fine alcohol stacked behind wooden bar counters, LED-lit swimming pools, and the pulsing flashes of coloured lights on the packed floor of a posh nightclub. This is my definitive party fragrance - sweet, smooth, seductive and loud. Desire opens with a crisp apple/fruity note, discernible only for a few minutes which is then backed up by a rush of sweet vanilla. It immediately envelops you in a cloud that projects excellently. Apart from the great sillage, this is one scent that can be smelled long after application - one that would see you through to the next morning's hangover! Towards the dry down, the vanilla still remains but is pleasantly joined by musk. Desire can be cloying in warmer months due to its sweetness, so use appropriately. In conclusion - the perfect fragrance for a night out, especially if you're going to get with someone... Oh, hush! It wasn't named 'Desire' for nothing!

Fragrancelad
Fragrancelad

For some reason I have always been interested in trying the frags on offer from dunhill! I will give my honest opinion of dunhill desire as it now sits on my wrist!at the opening I smell an extremely pleasant,chemical raspberry smell! It also smells like a sweet sort of syrupy raspberry with a hint of woods in the background!
Longevity is anywhere beetween 5-7 hours and projection is average! Overall well worth the purchase! This is one of those fragrances in which you are alarmist guaranteed to receive a lot of compliements!
Overall rating-9/10

alimuanis
alimuanis

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh my god Oh my god Oh my god, what a beautiful fragrance, what amazing fragrance, what sexy smell, what i can say to this beautiful bottle. this is love in bottle, this is sex in bottle, this is different feeling. alfred dunhill !! if you named it desire, you right . it's big desire ever.
big thanks to you alfred dunhill. now i want know all you fragrances.
i want say i'm thinking not wear this fragrance only, i want drink it . Oh yeah i want drink it. it's the desire who drive me to drink it, to wear it to do something i don't did it before.
romantic, quiet, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, silent, smooth, strange, Delicious, wondrous!!
Really and truly, honest and with confidence 10%10
Recommend and ordered you to buy it.

I bought

Compliments 9/10
Bottle design 10/10

Asad K
Asad K

Dunhill desire is the sweetest frag i've ever smelled. I wore this at the movie night and all my female friends were asking what i was wearing and they told me i smelled like hot vanilla .Yea after 2 hours , you can smell vanilla , not a good but a cheap vanilla biscuit . It is a Buy.

champykilo
champykilo

lol all i can tell you is dat i wore this last weekend and my friend and his girl were wondering what i was wearing lol and i didnt tell em they said Wow dat i was smeliing goooood so dat says everything :) heheheeee

and also it last longgggg and prjects like its NOBODY BUSINESS

amore9111
amore9111

Nothing new ..very synthetic
Remind me of dissel plus plus
Open with Apple feeling and punch of fruits the dry down to vanilla
Moderate in projection and longevity (3...4 hrs)
Highly versatile except for summer because it is sweat and can cloying
Not recommend for a collector
Really I have a lot of dunhill colonge and nothing impressed me except dunhill edition

bkid142
bkid142

love it, one of my top 3, spicy and very out there almost attention seeking but on a classy level. suitable for 25+.. opens strong and ends on smooth vanilla.

Fallen
Fallen

This reminds me of another perfume from the mid 70s. Since Desire was introduced in 2000, it should be something different. My best or the strongest perfume memory was this and only recently I found about Desire. I simply love it. Can anyone help?

loverboy
loverboy

awesome smell.....you can't expect better from a perfume .....i strongly recommend it

sagranha
sagranha

its a unique night scent sweet citrusy first time i smelled it i loved it now i see many people using it

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

this frag is one of the most underrated frags I ever crossed. it is unique scent, it has a very fresh sweet citrus opening. in the drydown it has a vanilla, musk and wood. on my skin I get 6-12 hours longevity and sillage I get around 6+ hours. this frag is a beast. overall to me I give it 9/10. a real masterpiece

pronose

a very unique scent by dunhill and truly sexy! it's hard to get it now though!!!!!! i hope they didn't stop the production?

fuggerone
fuggerone

great anyway, owned several bottles and was a sure shot with ladies!

vinds
vinds

A Good perfume to wear during day time. I cant stop smelling every time on my wrist.Excellent.....

Jmalpasso
Jmalpasso

Smells like Two words....Chocolate covered Cherries on my someone special.....

Gamekingz0r1
Gamekingz0r1

7 years ago I had a bottle of this, went half way through the bottle and gave it to my brother. Very sweet and unique scent

halcyonpage
halcyonpage

Could just be my personal chemistry, but it turns into cinnamon and powder on me; ends up smelling like some sort of bubblegum (Big Red?) -- not that that's a horrible thing. However, it doesn't seem to match all the notes listed here. I hope I don't have a knock-off. Maybe it just smells different on me because I'm a girl.

Even so, I'm glad I stole it from my dad.

Msquaredism
Msquaredism

At first it was faint and uninteresting but as time went on I couldn't get my nose away from my wrist. The apex of my collection so far.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Great fragrance.Really very spicy & woody.

spartan
spartan

Love it, Red is for Night, and Blue is for Day. Amazing Fragrance, A must have for all serious collectors.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is good scent for office use.This cologne is similar with Nikos Sculpture pour homme but not powdery.

darrenshiver
darrenshiver

Honestly, it smells like a Sweet Tart to me.

PrinceRobbie
PrinceRobbie

An absolute favroite! It's the manliest thing I wear. It's so deep and fresh and you've got to love the bottle. That's half the reason it was purchased for me!
Once again, LOVE APPLE! And when mixed in with the Lemon note, it's just perfect for folks who like that real citrus twist to their scents.
Women love it, Men love it. When I wear it, I probably receive compliments on this more than any other fragrance I own! And this is a deciding factor in choosing to replace the bottle. This will most certainly be replaced as soon as it's given it's last spritz.

samuel.martin.1276
samuel.martin.1276

Very clean, sweet, work sent.

Great buy at ROSS stores $27.00

lateeeno
lateeeno

To my nose , this frag smells too sweet and cloying . Synthetic like hell and a headache caller . Never got the sexy desire that some have mentioned .

PinkLotus
PinkLotus

I'm a girl but I love and use it ,

KeithScar
KeithScar

Desire by Duhill is so underrated its crazy. This cologne has the perfect name DESIRE because you gotta desire to have it. Unique red juice, nice design on the bottle. This opens up very loud with citrus notes but settles down to a nice vanilla aroma. This fragrance alone can go toe 2 toe with the big name brands. I found the body oil of this and instantly fell in love with it. Perfect for casual daytime and night time. A keeper in my collection

Deefit
Deefit

The reviews really make me want to try this one!

nemesis76
nemesis76

Well I was not expecting this sort of reaction when I crossed paths with this strange looking red bottle. Dunhill Desire slapped me right on the face when I first smelled it and realized just how beautiful and warm this scent is. Made for a woman's pleasure but delightful enough for my nostrils to wear.

Desire starts out with a vanilla and apple mix which is pure joy. Strange that I am picking up a warm spice to it that is not mentioned on the notes or other reviews...something like cinnamon. On the dry up it stays sweet and fresh and so far its been a pleasure to wear. Its the perfect winter fragrance as you hold your loved one next to a fireplace. Apple pie anyone?

The only drawback for me is that I only see myself wearing this in cold weather but it can be worn for many occasions. If you come across Desire give it a shot and you will see what I mean. Dunhill Desire is a beautiful scent indeed!

9 out of 10

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

The purpose of a fragrance is to make an impression before you even introduce yourself, to create an aura, a presnece that can almost define you. Dunhill Desire says "stick around, you're going to want to get to know me." This cologne is modern, sweet, and refined. Definitely a great buy for anyone in their 20's to mid 30's. Smell sweet, smell sexy, smell like desire.

TheGardenPixy
TheGardenPixy

My boyfriend wears this and it smells absolutely amazing. I can't get enough of it. It lasts long and the smell reaches me even when I'm more than arms length away yet up close it isn't overly strong.

nananessa
nananessa

I always try to scoop up any sample vials of fragrances wherever I find them, & this one was from a cache collection of mine from a consignment about 3 years ago. Other than opening it to sniff & liking the initial aromas, I had not done anything with it until today.
One drop of the EDT on my wrist & it was such a nice surprise of citrus with a touch of sweet florals, a nice blend of musks, only a hint of patchouli, seeming to struggle through a dominating vanilla base. Within 15 minutes of putting it on I asked my oldest son to take a sniff of my wrist & tell me what he thought. "Musky." And that was all he said. "Musky." (His signature is RL Silver.)
As it opens into the heart, the sweetness just gets more strong & the citrus & florals are fading & taking their pleasantness with them. The heart continues it's march of dominating vanilla as if to leave it's comrades behind completely. And the more the vanilla has it's victory, the more feminine it has become. It no longer has it's suit on. It has now donned it's apron heavily stained with vanilla extract.
About an hour into it, the vanilla has such heavy, cloying sweetness like some of the cheap extracts, I just had to go scrub it off. I am sure it smells more masculine on a man so I'll give this to one of my sons. I like unisex type frags but the vanilla has become a dictatresse.

Teezam
Teezam

Its an amzaing fragrance, i really like it. Sets the mood on fire for a late night use.. The only thing is it has moderate longvity and a close to skin projection (once it sets in)

My inital inpression of D.R wasn't great; opening notes were ok- felt there were too many fragrances which were similar. Initially i tried this in a storeand left unimpressed and felt it had died out about 30 mins later when I picked up my partner within moments she noticed the fragrance and rested on my elbow. Frankly she loves this more than me. So, anything tht makes her happy makes me feel happy.

BTW the effects of this fragrance are similar to HB D Red; and recommended for later night wear(not evening / party)

Dunhill Desire is such a pleasant surprise. My mouth must have dropped open in astonishment the moment I sprayed this fragrance in the store. I still can't believe an inexpensive fragrance like this one could be so good.

It's a really sexy, masculine fragrance with a slight gourmand quality. The apple note is tart yet sweet, almost like the scent of stewed apples with cinnamon.

I can see why some men complain of this scent being too sweet or too feminine. I admit, as a woman, I would most likely try to wear Dunhill Desire for myself. In a way it's very versatile, something that you could wear almost anywhere. I'm shocked that it isn't more popular than it already is. I much prefer this sweet masculine to the sickening 1 Million by Paco Rabanne, which every man seems to wear these days.

It opens with a sweet, enticing blend of lemon, apple, bergamot and fresh neroli. The crisp fruitiness doesn't last for long, as the heart is spiced up with some patchouli, rose and soothing vanilla. I think more men should be game enough to wear vanilla scents. They have no idea how much women love to smell it on their men.

The drydown is gloriously woodsy and sweet. A real head-turner. Dunhill Desire would make the perfect clubbing scent, as it has rather seductive and alluring qualities. The sillage is also moderately strong.

Dunhill Desire seems to be relatively easy to find, however I have only come across it in discount stores. It's a a great purchase, and who doesn't love that fiery red bottle? I recommend.

Pharaoh Moans
Pharaoh Moans

For some reason i just love this one.. i wear this for my self 100%. the most unique cologne i have.

jackcrew
jackcrew

I first smelled this twelve years ago while in graduate school. I immediately fell in love with it but could not afford it (did I mention I was in graduate school and poor as hell). Anyway, it was forgotten until I came across it the other day at Marshalls. Since it was dirt cheap, it was purchased.

My initial spray was "whoa!!! sweet and syrupy." Probably not the scent I am currently going for in my life. Apples were there, but not much citrus to my nose (at least the sharp, bitter citrus). Just as I was considering who I would "gift" the fragrance to, it really started to grow on me. The middle notes became addicting and warmed nicely on my skin. Rose and patchouli blended into a gorgeous scent that I quickly grew to love. Soon the dry, woody base emerged and rather then gifting it away, I started thinking about returning to Marshall's and hording.

Yes, this is a fragrance that starts off for the young (loudly screaming "notice me") but quickly matures into one incredible, warm, soft, and seductive scent.

sofos
sofos

love it :)

waine
waine

Desire opens with a sweet, warm sharp citrus, apple scent. There is a lovely powdery note that lurks long into the dry down which settles into an extremely pleasant, well crafted creamy musk / vanilla. The negative reviews here were considered, but do not sway me at all. I love the simplicity of this fragrance as set out in the perfume pyramid, which comes through slightly linear, but in a positive way. I get a subtle tobacco note which is not present in the pyramid.

This perfume won my allegiance over very quickly and I am thoroughly attracted to it. I am confident that those who get a whiff will appreciate it and I enjoy it on me very much. Only time will tell.

There is a slight, and very toned down resemblance to the sometimes dreaded Joop Homme which is evident by the same creator, Michael Almairac who also designed Dunhill Desire. Don’t be put off by this; while I am not fond of Joop at all, Desire is simply awesome. The projection is fair and longevity is about 6-7 hours.

I love the bottle and the color, the first red bottle in my collection. Overall I give this 4.1 out of 5.

Sabriel
Sabriel

My husband wore this in 2004 for our wedding. It was an impulse buy at 8:55pm (late night shopping in Australia) the night before our wedding because he couldn't decide on a fragrance for our wedding. To this day it still makes me melt. He has a few drops left in the bottle but doesnt want to use it because it brings back such strong memories of our wedding and he wants to keep them alive. He doesn't like vanilla in fragrances so he will be very surprised when I show him this.
Such a sexy smell.

summerjet
summerjet

This is a feminine fragrance. I was hit by sweet flowers rather than citrus. A slight departure from the Dunhill norm. I could imagine my grandmother wearing this in her heyday.
Too sickly for me.

gabriel.acosta

forget what I said about i was disappointed, i receive a lot of compliments when i wear this fragrance. Is fruity, woody, with a touch of vanilla and rose, the women love this note. the start is a little strong, but after two minute or less, the fragrance become in a sexy and desire fragrance

mnoman
mnoman

I love this one. Its awesome.....

gabriel.acosta

This fragrance has a very strong opening, but then becomes soft and fruity, even seems unisex, I did not like at all, very disappointed.

sweetsmellinged
sweetsmellinged

Not much for Oriental woods, but this is a standout! Very good projection and sillage. Woman love this fragrance on men,don't know how guys could not like this.Go for it ! 2 sprays and your on your way for a hell of a night.

chicosuave
chicosuave

This is a very nice scent but not my thing. Would be willing to swap. I've got a 50ml bottle sprayed about 5-6 times if anyone is interested......

LANIER
LANIER

Ah the cultivated, stately, refined fragrances of Dunhill, The Class Act for fragrance from London. Mature, chic, reliable and yet dashing in a David Niven “Pink Panther” kind of way. Is that what we have here in Desire by Dunhill, a fragrance as suave as champagne and quail in some resplendent chateau in Cortina D’Ampezzo with a run away Middle Eastern Princess? NO!

This fragrance is surprisingly youthful and vigorous with a hint of the rebel about it. No skiing in Cortina but rather snowboarding in Megeve with acrobatics! It is as bright as an apple martini in a hip flask and just as dangerous.

It fairly blasts out of the interestingly designed flacon all ripe green apples and various blends of citrus. This gives it its initial youthfulness and vim. In its heart is a playful blend of Rose, Patchouli and Teakwood. I just flipped over this stunning combo. This is where it shows its unique stamp of being as sexually charged as a suddenly ripped shirt in the heat of the moment. You might expect this rebel to rock but no he is into a cool progressive jazz grove. Who says you can’t be young and have sophistication in your back pocket? At the dry down things mellow out into a lush vanilla with musky edges that trail ever so slowly out over the last hours to the fragrances’ demise.

Not for anyone over say, thirty five or so. But then again I think anyone has the right to wear what ever he likes no matter his age. So rock on Men, no matter how young or old you may be. It really is all about what YOU like.
Four Gold Stars ****

aqua76239
aqua76239

While back I smelled the most wondeful cologne on my brother in law. I had to ask him what it was, he said it was "Dunhill". It was Blue Desire. So when I saw regular Desire yesterday at TJ Maxx, I figured I will get it for my husband, how bad could it be? If he wears cologne at all, he prefers light fresh scents and Desire is anything but that. After he smelled it, he made a face and said "eh..so-so". I LOVED it though! Its only slightly citrusy at the first whiff, then you get hit by dark berries and roses with patchouli
I see that another reviewer mentioned berries as well which is weird because its not listed in the notes. Eventually it mellows out into musky berry and vanilla drydown. Even though my original intention was to have my husband wearing it, looks like I have a new favorite for me. Yes, I will be wearing it as I absolutely ADORE this scent.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

This one is simply..AWFUL!
So synthetic & causes me a terrible headache!!!

It declares how awful it is with that red bottle!!!

seensoon
seensoon

Friends,
An appeal from all of the reviewers; please be straight while commenting on a fragrance.
It was one of my blind buy, owing to the shiny reviews i read. Fortunately it wasn't as bad, however i wouldn't say that I fell in love with it. The sweetness at times become the reason of drowsiness and you feel tired. It isn't refreshing to me at least. Not like the old school Allure or Cool water effect.

Its long lasting, but doesnt have the projection. Try it if you want to be the goody two shoes where ever you work, but if you want something musculine, go straight to the next section.

Tooraj
Tooraj

اون موقعی که میزدم هیج ازش خوشم نمیومد...اما جدیدا بوش کردم دیدم ای اونقدرا هم بد نبوده!...در هر حال گذر هفت هشت سال از آخرین باری که زدم فرقی در ذائقه م بوجود نیاورده... همچنان بدم میاد ازش.

nasir.mu
nasir.mu

Every one saying woody and spicy fragrance but I found out it fruity and citrus. More for younger males I haven't felt any woody or oriental notes in it. quite noticeable and high longevity. I would recommend for 20s age group males for older ones go for more woody and oriental blends.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Disaster for a Man:
Very sharp and synthetic (read it Modern!).
Longevity and sillage are very high.
It supposed to be cool Not warm!
Confusing!

خیلی تند و شدیده
به درد نوجوونها میخوره

Cester
Cester

This one is too powdery to my liking.

donna77
donna77

excellent bottle and what`s inside is twice as great.a wonderful combination.

i bought one for my husband and the bottle is emptying very quickly. good price, excellent quality!

The accord that is the focus of this fragrance seems to be inspired by Emeraude, and it's much younger male cousin, Habit Rouge. This is even more obvious in a later creation, Rochas Lui, which is similar but simpler (though more natural smelling for the first hour or two). A cheap version of this is Cuba Orange (and to a lesser degree, Perry Ellis' American for men, which I don't recommend). I find the opening of Desire to be obnoxious and "synthetic," then it settles down and it's not too harsh. At that point, you're either going to like this or not, because it's not an "inoffensive, office" fragrance. Presumably, it's a party or romantic fragrance. Though the ingredient quality seems to be substandard, the blending is very well done. Once it becomes mostly a skin scent, the "synthetic" quality isn't as bad, but it's still not good.

I don't really know what to think about these fragrances. They all seem to be flawed in a significant way, yet I like the idea. Rochas Lui lasts the longest, is the most natural smelling, and has very good projection for a long time, yet it's too simple and lacking in dynamism for me. Desire is just right in terms of notes and blending, though some might think the projection to be too weak after the first couple of hours and the ingredient quality really bothers me. Since I have a bottle of Desire I'll probably just keep it and for the few times a year I want to wear this kind of fragrance it should be good enough.

UPDATE: I obtained an old bottle (my original was from 2007) and it seems reformulation is an issue here (thought both were made by Scannon). To me, the older one does not have the nasty "chemical" quality that the 2007 does. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

jwilliams79
jwilliams79

I absolutely LOVE this scent on my husband. The problem is other women do too. Great find.

tuscany
tuscany

Good one from Dunhill,amazing smell and long lasting..

nprakashj
nprakashj

Desire is an outstanding blended fragrance of wood and rich tobacco. Heard about it from my friends and bought my first bottle in 2000 from a store in Milan and it took me by surprise. Its my desire ever since. I make sure to get a bottle each time I run out of one.

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

One of the best colognes i have EVER had. Its sweet, fruity, sexy and delicious. It lasts bout 7 hours and the smooth valnilla dry down its to die for.

rola81
rola81

i love it on men ,,, its soooo sexy

happychub
happychub

love this one ! last for the whole day.sexy elegance masculine,just deeply inlove with this one !

Convict13
Convict13

An incredibly sexy scent i want to wear it myself. Love this.

BRANDYNMIKE
BRANDYNMIKE

i love this on my husband its verrrrryyyy seeeexxxyyy!!!!!yummy!

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on smelling of dark fruit, which I don't see any notes for -- perhaps that is the bergamot and the apple, but to me it smells like blackberries and raspberries. Then an alcoholic astringent note hits and combines with this note; the cinnamon-spicy note shows up next, and scent settles into a fresh yet spicy/oriental groove. At the end, it becomes an alcohol-musk scent, close to the sweet musk scent that ends up on me, but a little bit more interesting due to the alcohol note. If you're looking for a comparison, Desire for a Man is like Hugo Boss on steroids.

This is sensual but not crass; it's refined, but not distant; it's serious, but not stuffy. Minor nits: it doesn't project strongly and it lasts about eight hours. I can see it working in any situation except working out, where you'd want something fresher and lighter.

This could end up being my signature fragrance.

aussie bloke
aussie bloke

This is the best of Dunhill fragrance house, its the fairy tale love potion, extremely appealing and sensual.
It project like a beast and last a very long time 10+ hrs easily. 2-3 spray are enough with this if you over apply, apple notes take over the rest and spoil the amazing scent it has.Only negative with this is versatility.
Scent score 8/10.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Take out the lemon, it'll make all the difference.
I know I may be considered a serial hater of citrus by now, but they tend to ruin some scents. It is the unwelcome note in Desire Red as I'm loving the musky, sweet, woody, floral body of the scent, but there's a kind of annoying ting there riight on the top there that i cant shake. Its the lemon.
That and it weakened very quickly.
This is the second time i tried this scent and Blue, and last time i found them both very typical. This time is different. Maybe next time, i might change my mind.

taka_tak
taka_tak

I never used to like this cologne because every time I smelled it was when my friend wore it. However, I recently tried it on my skin and grew a liking to it. I realized the reason I didn't like it on my friend was not only because of his skin chemistry but because he sweats a lot, causing it to project a sort of salty fragrance..

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

Intimately resembles to SCULPTURE, except that the later has its unique "stinging" starting top!

Both are magnificently refreshing, if I had to choose one of them, I'd like the stinginess of SCULPTURE!

scentury
scentury

this one is very sexy and sensual - the balance of patchouli, musk and vanilla is just right.
Actually, you don't wear this scent; you experience it!

guest_Himank
guest_Himank

I asked my friends to gift this to me!
I love it.
It stays the entire day.

In one word, "Sensual".
Love it!
A must for men who appreciate class!

9154mf
9154mf

Sex in a bottle! I want to jump on any man who wears this! Can't believe they dc'd it!!!

Dad jax
Dad jax

Well i think lasting is average but sillage is very poor, once i was in love with this one and was buying it very frequently but then i got very very bored cus there were no compliments until i get some on to the bed : )

WJ55Hombre
WJ55Hombre

nice and warm but longevity is not that much

guest_Jhon Brad
guest_Jhon Brad

Very sexy perfume, would have been better if longevity was not so ill, yes it fades away very quickly, many people should consider themselves luck if this one is staying with them for long .

guest_Preet &Dicky
guest_Preet &Dicky

Very romantic and appealing perfume but i agree with many others that never lasts for more then a few hours : ))) 2 max may be if lucky : (((((
Though i got the ideal skin conditions...

guest_masboi
guest_masboi

amazing dry out scent.

love it!!!

4xxx4
4xxx4

this one is dunhill s absolutely best scent !!!!! i tried almost all from dunhill, but this one is fantastic

guest_SMO
guest_SMO

People who`ve written saying that this does not last, must`ve gotten a fake copy. The cologne lasts hours, hours and hours. I put it at 8 o'clock in the morning and after 10 hours I can still smell it. I mean it. It is a very affordable cologne, and smells wordeful. Women go crazy for it. As they say: "it is a bewitched frangrance". It is a must have. Dont think twice. Chop, chop! Go get one!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Another good Dunhill scent. Fresh and fruity with spices, the apple is dominant at first - longevity is good and is very distinctive and pleasant.

guest_Rrajevv
guest_Rrajevv

Absolutely cheap fragrance. Disappears very soon. Now we are using this fragrance as AIR FRESHNER in our home. Strongly suggest, not to buy.

stibby101
stibby101

Working in perfume this is a staple for a more a more manly man. As a woman though it's very addictive due to the spices and the spices hold well to the skin. I think best in winter or a colder climate.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Nice but the clash between spice and sweetness can be a little too much for me.
I give it props for having outstanding longevity.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

This ia my favorite one among many my husband has. This is the SEXIEST one.
Seducing from the very first snif...
Very complex, very masculine, good lasting pover, woody-spicy.
Just LOVE it!!!!

errolglenn
errolglenn

Out of all the perfumes I've tried, Dunhill tends to produce perfumes that stands out from the rest, this one among them. Spicy but not too spicy, sweet but not too sweet and the base note is something to remember. Amazingly lasts for quite a while, hours more that the others that I've had a chance to use. Definitely something worth getting.

guest_joejoe
guest_joejoe

this is one of my top colognes mainly because I like strong fragrances that last, that I enjoy, and that women swwon over. What better combo could a guy ask for? Sweet synthetic scent. Only negative is sometimes I get this weird note that somewhat annoys me and then it just dissapears. Usually this happens if I overapply.

guest_kaushik
guest_kaushik

This is one of the best perfume i have ever used. It stands out from others. The smell is unique especially the base note. its long lasting and highly addictive. best for causal use

instantjim
instantjim

Dunhill Desire for a Man is the third ‘red’ fragrance I have: the other two being Giorgio Beverly Hills Red and Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy. Like the other two fragrances, Desire for a Man is warm and aromatic.

Comparing the three fragrances: Giorgio Red is more leathery and herbaceous; Xeryus Rouge is more spicy and Dunhill Desire is sweeter. The sweetness is not so evident at the very start, but after 15 or so seconds it really kicks in.

It has, by far, the most robust opening of the three fragrances mentioned. The various fruity notes blend together well to give an overall effect where (at least to my nose) no individual note stands out. The musk and vanilla base notes are just enough to be evident without dominating. For a fragrance which is as spicy as this one, it is surprising to see no spices listed as notes.

There is a definite nod to Joop! Homme and a similar ( but far less intense) overall impression. A person who likes Joop! Homme will probably like Desire for a Man. But a person who likes Desire, might find Joop! too strong and overwhelmingly sweet. Desire is not a “love it or hate it” kind of fragrance and it has even got me to think about retrying and perhaps reconsidering my dislike of Joop!

Since I have got this cologne, my wife has a couple of times asked what was I wearing, it certainly stands out in my fragrance wardrobe.

It is a well-crafted, nicely-balanced cologne which can be obtained very cheaply and which, in my opinion is in no way inferior to Xeryus Rouge or Giorgio Red, and is in some ways superior.

omega_69
omega_69

I absolutely love this fragrance and so does my fiance. This is one of two cool weather colognes I routinely wear that drive her insane - the other being Mont Blanc Presence. I have worn this one for years; it's my number one fall/winter go-to fragrance. Sweet and slightly spicy with just a hint of musk on my skin. Very appealing and very masculine. I love it!

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

I'm basing this as I smell an empty bottle of it haha. It's my fathers bottle and i can still smell it. but I remember the fragrance fairly well. sweet and spicy/floral but it didn't feel heavy or anything. I'm not a fan of how the bottle looks but the fragrance is nice. I like it

guest_Selvano
guest_Selvano

The best one I have used till.Long Lasting.... I have tried others but This one stands out.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

Dunhill da man! this bad boy here is still an attention getter after all of these years.

SaintLue
SaintLue

Classic.One bottle i have to leave in the back cause it seems to empty out when im not home

Eros
Eros

Classical Dunhill scent with a bit spicy added. It is not sharp-pepper, just not to be classically-rounded; it is well-balanced. But it is too simple as for me (sometimes may be a PLUS).

ZeeK
ZeeK

The fragrance with a dominance of floral: neroli & rose but surely a very masculine composition (not as one of Fleur d’ male). Dunhill Desire-Red is a very balanced mix of floral with citruses, apple, woods and musk. It has a fair lasting and silage but for me it is none of such fragrances that can be used for daily wear. A romantic wear to stimulate the senses of the loved one!! Has its own class due to the distinction it carries.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is so fresh yet spicy! I have been in love with this one for a while. Im female and wear it. Some fruity notes.

LauraM
LauraM

I much prefer the spicy, woody and oriental scented cologne's on a man. This is a really sexy one.

lolita82
lolita82

sexxxy smell my husband wears it...:)

dolita
dolita

it was the perfume no.1 in the 90's but after making many editions that one become bored but still warm and attractive

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A very red hot scent! Believe me, wear it and you will get burned with anyone you touch. Love this one!

afraafra
afraafra

The best Dunhill fragrance very spicy and addictive