Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men
dislike

herbal
Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men Videos
Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures Dunhill Black Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures

Dunhill Black by Alfred Dunhill is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Dunhill Black was launched in 2008. Top note is nettle; middle notes are lavender and jasmine; base notes are suede, guaiac wood and virginia cedar.

Nettle

Lavender Jasmine

Suede Guaiac Wood Virginia Cedar

Petitgrain

Dunhill Black Fragrance Reviews

RobbieX
RobbieX

Quite addictive is this one - it's very, very pleasant, sweet and woody. Excellent for the office. Longevity and silage are both good. You'll want to come back to this - it's really lovely! The bottle is high quality, as are all Dunhill fragrances. 8.5/10 for me.

Ravenwind
Ravenwind

This is not really a "Black" scent, although it seems to be more on the evening/night profile. It has a very unique herbal overtone that must be due to the nettle, that really makes it unique. I don't catch any of the cedar or jasmine at all. It could be considered a very masculine herbal, that won't smell like anything else in your collection. Unfortunately longevity is poor and village is good for about an hour only, so you'll need to spread around more sprays than you usually do to get some time out of it. Ladies will take note as they probably have never whiffed anything like this. No doubt worth the money and shelf space.

Johnnie987
Johnnie987

Try the deodorant spray, it has excellent sillage and longevity, i dont even have to wear another cologne at all. Maybe it's my skin, but the edt doesnt last that long. The scent is nocturnal and masculine, I just love it.
9/10 ->deodorant
7.5/10 ->edt

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

I blind bought this a few months and I'm just now trying it out, here's what I think......The medicinal smell from the bottle was a bit off putting to be honest. The only reason I purchased it online was because I needed another item to get free shipping and I also wanted something I've never owned. So one day after a shower I decided to spritz a few sprays and see what happens. Well, to say the least, this is a very good scent! I was surprised how manly and mature this was. It has a really masculine vibe to it all the way through. Even my girlfriend who knows about my hobby and just judges most colognes by "it smells good" stated...."Ok babe, you smell good" and immediately went for my neck. (That rarely happens) So I was say that this one is a sleeper, good quality, great scent, decent performance...can't go wrong. I wore it for 3 days which is big for me. Fresh, a little herbal, and spicy.

Overall: 8/10

CGV
CGV

What a nice blend! Usually Dunhill lacks well blended quality but here its very well done. Stylish and manly with an intelligent herbal twist. I like Pursuit and Icon but this juice tops them in sophistication even if its more whispering like the other two. Very well done, I wonder who the nose is on this?

ahmedzkhan
ahmedzkhan

Just got this a few days ago as a blind-buy based on the notes, and my fondness for Dunhill. It's a lovely, if standard and a touch young scent, lite, green-ish, and unique enough that it stands out. The nettle and guaiac wood stand out and for mine, this combo gives it a slightly sour tinge (@Anywhereyouare's review nails it perfectly). I don't get too much cedar (if at all) and I'm fine with that since I wasn't looking for a peppery, spicy scent in this one. The jasmine is very understated, perhaps the suede & jasmine combo is contributing to the overall green/sour note. Longevity and sillage aren't great for this House, but not too weak either. I do wish it was a little more dry/green rather than sour/green, but thankfully it stops short of being sweet and sour like Desires Red and Blue. I'd say this is on par with 'Dunhill by Alfred Dunhill ', much nicer and more elegant than 'Red' and 'Blue' and not quite as upmarket as 'Icon'. Overall, a worthy addition that stands out, without actually being a standout.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Fresh, green semi herbal, a current modern fougere.
Opens citrus and green, kind of vegetable with facets like spinach, spicy and in seconds enters lavender together, giving a middle tap clean and at the same time with some floral metallic thing, it is a modern standard woody aromatic.
The drying i feel something woody dry, should be the guaiac with something velvety, although synthetic its easy to like and cheap.

4trl0ver
4trl0ver

Smells great! Although smells alot like the Azzaro Chrome on my skin. short longevity and sillage though. Azzaro Chrome wins.

pronose
pronose

excellent scent by dunhill as always! a must for any man to wear it far from those generic scents common nowdays! dunhill a touch of class.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

It is quite simple yet delightfully fresh, green, woodsy floral potion. Nettle is distinguishable at the top, in my opinion with sour guaiac and sharp lavender, then it settles gently with smooth jasmine and musk (not listed? This may be actually suede-jasmine mix) with transcendent scent of suede and very light cedar (comparing to cedar-wise fragrances).

Black maybe as a suit fabric, though it is quite smart but it reminds me rather of charming summer evening walk in surrounding of lake, river. The scent of humid, mild air and night flowers and water plants (or herbs like Mentha aquatica) This is actually a great calm perfume which could bring back good memories of vacation. Yes, it is not entirely innovative, but nontheless very pleasant. And, additionally, if sprayed generously it gives back generous, satisfying sillage and longevity. As a gentle fragrance, it could be a great choice for office or casual occasion, especially evenings during warm season such as garden parties, weddings, events.

DRA1974
DRA1974

I’ve always had a fondness for Dunhill fragrances. They have a certain understated Britishness to them. Not for Dunhill the loud brashness of other houses…everything is refined and for the gentleman. That’s not to say their fragrances are dull! Some are genuine masterpieces in my opinion…Dunhill for Men (1934)…Edition…Custom…and the latest London Icon.
Black however (sadly) is a slightly different story. It has a pleasant enough scent but just doesn’t seem to go anywhere.
It’s possibly a super safe office scent but sadly a low point in Dunhills history.
The scent of a local politician or low level government employee.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A really bland and sharp woody-violet fragrance mostly built on musky notes, synthetic cedar, something slightly fruity reminding me of blackcurrant, a subtle minty head accord and not much else. Nothing “black” for sure, the mood is rather bright and cold. Tons of other similar designers come to mind, but while most of them at least try to smell different, Black instead feels so lazily generic it almost smells like an archetype of woody-violet fragrances. The strong feel of harsh synthetic cheapness doesn’t really help – adding the “unpleasant” to the “boring” factor.

nanarachib
nanarachib

I really like this scent, I also agree that it smells sort of like L'eau par kenzo, but more refined for more taste!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is such an interesting fragrance. At times it reminds me of Bvlgari Black, it's initially sweet in the opening, but as it softens I get the woody almost rubbery essence of it, soon after it softens down to a beautiful suede/woody fragrance, it really is pretty fabulous. Sillage isn't remarkable, it's fairly soft if anything, as for longevity, 4 hours on the skin, a little longer on clothes. As with all Dunhill fragrances, I love the bottle, feels really nice and solid.

Jola 72
Jola 72

This one is so remarkable really for me.Black in this case means sadness,brocken heart,loneliness.It,s a bitter tear.Masterpiece ...

iconoclast
iconoclast

I agree that it does smell dark, if not actually 'black'. The nettle accord is interesting and different, but for me only shows up in the first few seconds. Thereafter it takes on a classy dark sweet vibe that's modern and masculine, where I think the lavender complements the woody base really well. The more I've worn it, the less I've noticed the nettle accord but nonetheless I sense that it's still there giving it that inky green vibe that others have described. Overall it reminds me a lot of a green tinged version of Kenzo L'eau Pour Homme Indigo. I also think it's ESSENTIAL to layer it with the after shave balm so as to get good longevity (I get 6 or so hours) with sillage that remains discreet but noticeable.

Like the other Dunhills I've had (Pursuit, London, and Pure), Black is a friendly choice, very attractive in concept and presentation, but is somewhat let down by the dubious quality of its ingredients. Nevertheless, this is still very good, and is my favourite Dunhill so far. In fact I wish I got a bigger bottle than the 30mls I'm currently using.

Addan
Addan

Love this fragrance
Sillage and logevity is nice
7.5 out of 10

Glaggaglagga
Glaggaglagga

One of my faves. Alfred Dunhill products always have an air of sophistication about them. This is class.

I get nettle, jasmine; suede and woods from this. It's definitely not a generic "black" fragrance but something much more interesting. I like the chunky Dunhill designer bottle.

Projection isn't massive but it has very good longevity as a skin scent.

Werepig
Werepig

I love this frag, the only downside is its poor longetivity on my skin :/

mofojo74
mofojo74

i wanted to love this,it had promise,but i just cant reach for it,i tried it every day and it didnt work,i waited till winter,a little better,but there is something i just cant stand,i think its the licqourish smell that is putting me off,i have so many better ones,i would wear paul smith portrait every time over this.

WildDove
WildDove

I pick up black pepper and mint in Dunhill Black. Clean, cool, light woods, versatile, unisex. I feel like I'm in an artist's studio or an architectural design office when I'm wearing Dunhill black.

Sweet, green and floral. The shiso leaf is the stand out and that's something you don't come across everyday. I wish lavender wasn't in here as it makes this fragrance a lot more common.
It would make a nice summer casual scent. Absolutely nothing "black" about this fragrance.

rishabhmail125

very magical, very sophisticated...good price. a must buy. do not wait.

maxsam12
maxsam12

..yeahh i have use it..i like this smell hard.....and i want anyone suggest me another perfum that are har type..please give me suggestions..pleasee........i like hard type like this....another similar like this that another branded that i want find.....please suggest....

kostas37
kostas37

nothing black at all..it's similar to azzaro chrome..extremely fresh fragrance..very common bottle.

5.5/10

rishabhmail125

nice fragrance but there are issues with longevity...does not last long on my skin.also poor projection...

jibran.akram
jibran.akram

FRESH LONG ,WOODY BUT NOT MY TYPE

urobian
urobian

Nothing "black" or "deep" here, anyway i find it very nice but at the same time strange, in one side i find some green-flowery-fresh angle and then some kind of sweetness and a minimal magnetic musky note behind that line, its a fragance that is not so easy to identify the transitions in notes but can be wear it in a versatile- all seasons way, day or night its a nice choice, finally surely is easy to enjoy & wear.

Is there a reason why there is no listing for Dunhill 51.3N? Is it because it is exclusive to Harrods?

truthway
truthway

i just try it today
Alfred Dunhill surprise me with each new product
I like Dunhill products without discrimination
Especially pursuit
But this one will put all new Dunhill products under tough test
After he put the previous behind
(and that's really happend today after i test him i test the new Dunhill 51.3N but i just return to smell this one)
he is starting a new strong era of Alfred Dunhill
he is the best one in my opinion
Strong masculine fragrance
One of the best modern woody fragrance
with a heart of lavender gives him a dreamer sense , and takes you quickly to a gripping combination of wonderful wood and leather harmonious nicely until I felt some sweetness
And I think he will last for a long time
he still strong and effective on the test paper for 5 hours tell now
I'm going to buy him tomorrow for sure..

Notes :
1- If you are not man enough so please stay away and never use..
2- Women...be worry
3- i used "he" instead of " it " because he is not a fragrance !! he is a stylish sensual man will Merge you making you someone else

femmeasis
femmeasis

This is the best men parfume EVER for me! It's Irresitably seductive. I hope no one will ever use it against me, or maybe I hope someone will do :-)

guest_dunhilllover
guest_dunhilllover

Has anybody tested the new Dunhill 51.3N fragrance for men. A fine follow-up to Dunhill London, Dunhill 51.3N takes the capital-inspired scent to glorious new heights with uplifting top notes grounded by a musky, woody base.

guest_Catboy
guest_Catboy

What a shock! I love Dunhill fragances but they are not sold in my country. I wanted to ask to one friend to buy it for me in Europe but with your critic I think it's not a good idea.

Thanks

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Reminds me of L'eau Par Kenzo but not as fruity. The suede comes through almost immediately making it smell like car grease but not in a horrible way. Smells cheap!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dunhill Black by Alfred Dunhill. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dunhill Black by Alfred Dunhill represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.