Designers » A » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Dunhill London Alfred Dunhill for men

Dunhill London Alfred Dunhill for men
dislike

Dunhill London Alfred Dunhill for men Videos
Dunhill London Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures Dunhill London Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures

Dunhill London by Alfred Dunhill is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Dunhill London was launched in 2008. The fragrance features sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, musk, vanilla, jasmine, rose, red apple and geranium.

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Musk Vanilla Jasmine Rose Red Apple Geranium

Dunhill London Fragrance Reviews

headofstate
headofstate

A beautiful blend of creamy tonka bean, sweet vanilla, airy floral topped off with a fruity and very sensual red apple accord that makes the first 20-30 minutes really stand out. The scent on its own is angelic, extremely uplifting and all the while warming in its light, fluffy balance of fruit, cream and floral; finding a very unusual balance between oriental and aromatic. It's like being at a small family grocer in Europe on Valentine's Day with the proximity of the candy, fruit and floral aisles converging on each other in the last few weeks of winter. Unfortunately the light essence of Dunhill's London is also to its detriment, making it too flighty to hold on the skin without the stronger basenotes to anchor it. Longevity is thus rather consistently below average; with 2.5-5 hours generally the most the wearer should expect and sillage moderate the first hour but quickly receding to the background. Extremely versatile for an oriental fougere, Dunhill London's lightness allows it to fit the bill rather well on spring, summer and fall evenings while also giving winter days more warmth. Just don't forget to bring it with you if you plan on being out for more than just a quick bite to eat.

jl007
jl007

I had a coup-de-coeur when I met this fragrance. One of my favourites ever, except for the very short duration on skin. I would have to carry the bottle around to respray too often and it would be nice if it could be remade with a more longlasting effect, even if it had to be heavier in the base notes.

pronose
pronose

nice scent but a bit casual to me !!!! i prefer dunhill pursuit though!!!!

iconoclast

@ garett: I'm genuinely baffled as to how you managed to get 1 ml of this nice but feeble scent to give you 24 hours of longevity. You must be incredibly lucky.

garett
garett

This one really holds the essence of london in it.It is happiness.It gives out happiness.Some scents tend to make you relaxed more than required or some scents may make you emotional but this one is cheerful and happy.I used it and was going through tensed days but the smell of it , helped me a lot.
A very little 1 ml of it on your neck will have a longevity of 24 hours , thats how good it is.

Smellwise , it might be similar to many others though.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Dunhill's London is surprisingly low-impact and light on the spice and herbs for an oriental fougere. Instead of a blast of cardamom, lavender, citrus and vanilla that attacks the skin with reckless abandon; London blends sensual red apple and organic vanilla with the slightest hint of floral (rose) to create a very uplifting, fluffy and light composition that seems more suited for spring and fall then the dead cold of winter.
The scent itself is incredibly well-blended and attractive on top for the first hour of wear, maintaining a vanillic dominance throughtout that changles slightly from red apple to a creamier, powdery tonka once the apple gives way to the heart and base. It is the first 20-30 minutes of London that really shines, before the tonka fully evolves into the fragrance and allows the apple and vanilla to stretch out and create a warm, friendly and charming presence. When the tonka fully arrives, it makes London a bit too powdery, feminine and creamy but still wearable in a very feminine way that may not appeal to everyone. Still, this is pretty decent stuff all things considered. The blending is well-balanced and more than compensates for the blueprint itself being a bit standard and worn. London has a very fine and charming organic red apple and vanilla composition that is light yet extremely uplifting, pleasing and eluminating.
The downside is longevity and projection, which ultimately makes London more a novelty than a must have purchase given the excellent range of bottles available in the well-represented oriental fougere category. Longevity here is consistently under-par, ranging from two to five hours consistently depending on the wearer and climate. Sillage is excellent early but tapers off quickly to a skin scent within 30-45 minutes of wear and then becomes rather indistinct and subtle from that point on until fading out with little warning or evolution late, with a light sandalwood and patchouli base barely surfacing after the three hour mark. Still, the opening makes this a wonderful sniffing experience and a fantastic purchase for those looking for something light and fluffy but less sweet than a lot of the tonka and vanilla based scents on the market. Not essential, but fun and enjoyable if you can find it for the right price.

melodiadelapaz
melodiadelapaz

I absolutely adore this scent! My boyfriend and I went looking for a nice fragrance for him and after hours of testing we ended up with London. I'm somehow addicted to the associations and emotions this scent creates for me. It's grown-up and playful at the same time and really really sexy. A lot of men wear heavy colognes that fill a whole room with their scent in just seconds. I don't always like that.. London is more subtle but still fascinatingly delicious. I can only talk about his body chemistry, but from that experience longevity and sillage are pretty decent.

onepiece
onepiece

I like this perfume so much that I was noticing its cloud from meters away... it smells very modern, fresh, soft and expensive. Makes you feel like rich and elegant when you wear it. After having learnt the brand&name I bought it. Only disappointment was its longevity despite spraying heavily...

iconoclast

The vanilla and apple combine well to create a soft powdery uplifting smell with mild sillage that’s also a touch generic and feminine. However, its longevity is a serious disappointment, giving perhaps 2 hours at most before it disappears abruptly from my skin or clothes despite spraying heavily. If you can get your head around that issue, then Dunhill London is a friendly casual choice for the summer and/or in an office setting.

Like too many Dunhill scents I’ve tried of late, this is not a bottle I feel compelled to replace when it runs out as perhaps the smell is too bland for my liking and its longevity is rubbish. Also, I'm baffled with the name as I can't make out any obvious connection between the fragrance and London UK which is where I was born and live.

Akhan
Akhan

I had missed trying this out. Did today and it smelled very similar to egoiste to my nose ! Wow and for just a third of the price ! ....

salehali41
salehali41

The LONDON perfume from DUNHILL the smell gone very quick?

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

It's sweet sweet & sweet smells like a birthday cake very suitable for use at the Dating time, but I don't know why I smelled Mint Notes in this fragrance

Scent 4.5/5
Longevity 4/5
Sillage 4/5

MmM
MmM

give me a headache. very sweet smell

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It has a classically modern, bitterly sweet, simply casual yet refined body to it that I know I've smelt somewhere in my testing journeys but I can't remember where. Does it smell like a CK or some other creation by any popular brands? I can't put my finger on it.

Sticky sweet tonka and vanilla combo with something trying to soften it. Patchouli in there too.

K1
K1

This was my first blind buy when I was a rookie in perfume world!
The thing is odd about DL is that its apple theme which is its main tone, doesn't reveal in crowded smelly places like perfume shops. DL is a waxy woody tonkabean vanilla; bold vanilla; fragrance which apple appears in middle phase. Just round yummy juicy unpeeled red apple. This semi-smoky combination provides an elegant grown up manly official trustworthy mood.

Xeen
Xeen

I just tested it at a perfume store, I think it smell fresh and a little too sweet... But I like it, it will be on my next purchase list

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

DUNHILL LONDON is a Modern Fragrance with a Promising Opening and a Disappoint Ending for me!It is a Romantic scent with a Masculine Touch. Interesting,Sweet,Charming,Exciting and Cute For Ladies.

The opening delights with the fresh notes that is quite Lovely,Gradually Appears a Seductive scent by Rose and Jasmine that is almost Little Feminine but Unfortunately I dont find The Dry Down on my skin!

In fact This DUNHILL EDT was a Spectacular fragrance if the Longevity could be better.This Aromatic scent dedicated to a Mature and Glamorous Character for Interview and Intimate use. Suitable for SPRING/AUTUMN Seasons too.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?It is not Salubrious on My skin and not Good Considering the price.

guest_Kos
guest_Kos

I got a dunhill london tester and was amazed at the smell. I bought one and would rate it 10/10... feels really good on you...

yilmazg
yilmazg

Sensual, sweet. You can't really go wrong with this one. Staying power is average. 7 out of 10

panda0410
panda0410

This is a beautiful fragrance for men! I bought this for my former partner after I was unable to find his previous signature (Dunhill Xccentric) and I am so glad I did. This was refreshing and attractive and this scent on a man is deeply alluring, its fresh, the apple is sparkling and is has a beautiful sour but incredibly soft lemon drydown that is incredibly attractive. A gentle but masculine heart, I think geranium should be in all mens frags. And this one is awesome!

guest_not4me
guest_not4me

When the scent has dryed down it smells exacly like a whole parade of parfumes, on me,. for example: viktor&rolf antidot, Burberry brit and gucci by gucci. Something powdery and old lady like, i hate it. i prefer allure sport, givenchy play, ck free, lacoste red play, hermes orange type of smell.

But this powdery crap, i cant stand it.

guest_fandy
guest_fandy

I use dunhill london everyday, top is fresh, no obtrusive apple-citron...heart is tender, sweet - rose with very soft spicy kardamon and soft sour lemon basis......base is sweet vanilla and musk, woody basis.....heart+base is together very nice, creame, rich, oriental, nevertheless airy.

hotaru
hotaru

once i had a friend who smelled so great, and i went asking what was it.it was dunhill london. recently my hubby asked me what fragrance he should buy for a formal occasion since all he had were casual ones. i urged him to buy this.

at the first spray, no one likes it LOL.10-15 later, we all LOVE it! it's classy and i have to agree with lolita82. ladies, beware!! ^0^

smp
smp

I've never tried this scent for my brother because i gave to him Dunhill Fresh but reminds me to Fahrenheit..., i think this is better, more up-to-date.

lolita82
lolita82

OMG WHAT A FRAGRANCE....MY HUSBAND JUST BOUGHT IT WHILE ON HOLIDAY ...ITS VERY CREAMY AND SMELLS V EXPENSIVE ...YOU WILL BE NOTICED!!!! LADIES BWARE:)

paulkizirian
paulkizirian

im searching for the old alfred dunhill , the yellow bottle. does someone know where can i find it or a similar one ? thank u:D

urobian
urobian

really nice fragance, great sillage and the aura is simply cute, very floral-semi spicy vibe with a fruity versatile base..

my new fav.

Dunhill London by Alfred Dunhill 3.83 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 27 user reviews

Aftershave 5oz
DUNHILL LONDON for MEN by Alfred Dunhill EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
DUNHILL LONDON for MEN by Alfred Dunhill EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Dunhill London Cologne by Alfred Dunhill, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dunhill London Cologne by Alfred Dunhill, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
DUNHILL LONDON for MEN by Alfred Dunhill SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 5 OZ
Dunhill London Cologne by Alfred Dunhill, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dunhill London Cologne by Alfred Dunhill, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill London fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill London, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dunhill London by Alfred Dunhill. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dunhill London by Alfred Dunhill represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.