Designers » A » Aromatic « Groups

Dunhill Pure Alfred Dunhill for men

Dunhill Pure Alfred Dunhill for men
dislike

Dunhill Pure Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures

Dunhill Pure by Alfred Dunhill is a Aromatic fragrance for men. Dunhill Pure was launched in 2006. The fragrance features white pepper, iris, lotus leaf and cardamom.

White Pepper iris Lotus Leaf Cardamom

Dunhill Pure Fragrance Reviews

RobbieX
RobbieX

A really pleasant fresh, floral, citrus and slight pepper fragrance. Longevity and silage are moderate. When it dries down (the nicest part) it becomes more floral and soapy but stays fresh and airy - it's very nice indeed....and, in my opinion, its unique! It comes in a really nice frosted, stylish bottle with sky blue scent inside. Pure is a delightful fresh Summer scent and I'll be buying this one again!

dremerick
dremerick

Soft, subtle, alluring, romantic, fresh, airy. All these and a little more. One of the best spring/summer frags you could set your nose on. This couldn't offend anyone . . .and would please many. Pure sweet sophisticated elegance in a bottle.
Well done Dunhill!

aslamazman
aslamazman

The smell is simply soft, elegant & fresh and yet its not "typical" type of freshness. One perfume that can never be wrong.

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

Alfred Dunhill's Dunhill Pure is an elusive scent. A very soft and floral aquatic scent with an aura of mystery to it given how hard it is to find the real ingredients to this one listed anywhere. Iconoclast is correct in noting the citrus in the top that does a lovely job of balancing the florals, I can't tell specifically if this is lemon verbena, lemon tree or some synthetic form of petitgrain (orange leaf) or possibly even mandarin, but it should be noted that citrus is in some form or another indeed here, at least fleetingly at the top before fading after 15 minutes as the floral mids take control.
The florals are well balanced, the iris is extremely toned down and blended well into the lotus leaf, which is the real star of the show, giving Dunhill Pure an ozonic hue with a touch of green without the spices ever really showcasing.
The first two hours are mostly just the iris, the lotus leaf and some sort of aquatic, ozonic element that gets stronger towards the dry-down until around the 3-3.5 hour mark you are left with almost exclusively the aquaitic, ozonic element that lasts into the 5th to 6th hour before fading.
On my skin, even after five sprays, projection is very scant and soft and takes a good deal of effort to make out ten minutes into application. It remains a very faint skin scent the rest of the way through and never really develops. This is extremely subtle and in 85 degree weather this simply did not perform whatsoever. I will give it another go later this summer, but the first few impressions have been of a fragrance that simply doesn't have enough muscle or a strong enough base to handle drier skin under warm temperatures.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Wonder aromatic. Beautiful mix for summer.

I would rate it like this:
Smell: 8/10
Projection: 7.5/10

sagranha
sagranha

the only fragrance from dunhill which i really love kind happy sweet dreaming sexy on my own nose not many stupid ppl know or use it

lepper.king
lepper.king

smell good, i like it.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

At first. Very light, almost smelled like nothing at all. 15 min later citrusy and aqua. Nothing much to this. There are better Dunhill scents out there. This one is just nothing really special.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Hey, it’s impossible not to ‘like’ this fragrance. But to love it? Well that’s a different story. I think it lacks the character and bite that I always look for in my scents. It sprays on like a very watered down version of Lanvin Oxygene Homme with the white pepper in evidence backed by some ozonic and citric qualities (by the way, I can’t believe some type of citrus is not listed in the ingredients). Over time, it progresses into a more flowery scent with the refreshing citruses still evident, whilst retaining a pleasant watery vibe that reminds me overall of Azzaro Chrome. I usually have to spray about ten shots at a time to get any half-decent longevity and sillage out of it, and thus have been going through my bottle alarmingly quickly – but thankfully it’s not too expensive in the first place.

This is one of the most feminine male scents I’ve had in a long time and the first one I’ve had from Dunhill. It has undeniably cool, modern and attractive packaging, bottle and liquid colour, with a surprisingly heavy cap too. All very modern and good for warm weather, and it's nice too, but my final verdict is that I don’t think you would be missing too much if you overlooked it and I doubt if I'd buy it again.

SilverFire
SilverFire

Pure summons up for me a wide variety of images, but I was expecting more of an arctic, cool, sort of scent. Dunhill Pure is definitely a green scent. In the bottle, it smells like a very fresh, but very weak kind of lemonade. When it hits the skin, it becomes the smell of freshly-cut grass, which I like. Then that scent morphs to become a sweet, freshly-cut grass, and as the minutes pass, it plows right into floral territory, and the only thing saving it from becoming completely girly is a faint bergamot note. The scent itself reminds me distantly of a perfume girls wore in h.s. – I never knew its name (Exclamation, perhaps) – but that this reminds me of that is not a positive. On the other hand, it doesn’t have a strong silage, and it disappears in about 4 hours.

Dunhill Pure is absolutely amazing while being completely subtle and "under the radar". Slightly aquatic without the usual suspects, PURE takes leaves, flower parts and spices blending them into something that is at once ethereal yet lasting...

I must concur with Eros, in that this opens fresh and watery, but becomes creamier in the end. In the opening lotus give a very soft floral nuance; very watery but also soft and silky. The pepper (white) warms this a bit, but it does not become sharp or pungent. Iris/orris keeps it "cool" and adds some earthy green to the smooth sexy cardamom. This is neither too spicy nor too powdery, but the best of both without being too much of either. This is truly gorgeous! I was always a fan of aquatic scents (until they all started to smell the same), but THIS is superlative. Fresh and alluring with just enough spice and floral feeling to smell quite different than any other "water" scent. This is clean, fresh and sooo smooth. A delight to wear and a definite compliment getter. Sexy without musk or heaviness, elegant and refined, refreshing without being generic...a definite full bottle worthy selection for anyone who likes to smell subtle but stunning...

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.5/5

As far as the other reviews below go...if my cat's urine smelled like THIS, I would let him pee anywhere he wanted!! Perhaps some need to try before they buy as skin chemistry does do some strange things, but as for me: I am in LOVE! I get the aquatic vibe for sure, but underneath there is such unassuming beauty waiting to emerge...pure is the perfect name for this scent. Nothing dirty or "sinful" here, just unadulterated joy!

Phytrox
Phytrox

I can see people liking this, however, try it before buying, because after about ten minutes, the smell transforms slightly and adds the pepper note. That one made me kind of sick, I had to wash it off.

It's a mixture of 70%Aromatic and 30%Aquatic. I get a small resemblence to L'eau Par Kenzo Homme. It is fresh, clean, sweet, and simply effective. It also has a tiniest trace of florality and something powdery but nothing spicy. The bottle is cool-looking and scent is definitely worth having a bottle.

guest_elegant
guest_elegant

simply its elegant and fresh not the generic type of freshness and citruses,its dunhill

murysusanto
murysusanto

I love this frag unconditionally. This is a fresh modern, definetely the lotus leaf brings up the scent higher than anything around. This cologne makes me happy while being energized, not a type that would kill your sensory and give nausea. Lucky I got this while there are tons of others I haven't actually get used to.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is a great summer fragrance if the longevity and sillage can improve! It only last 3 hours max on me. It is very mild and airy scent of freshness with hints of floral scent, in fact, it is too similar with Azzaro Chrome Sport! Great for active person and it does give you instant boost of freshness!

e9rul7
e9rul7

i ordered it online for my boyfriend, and just recieved it! ive fallen in love immediately!!! i can get every single note! its fresh, sensual, sexy soo yummy!!! i think you wont pass unnoticed if youre wearing pure :) it has a good sillage and last on and on :)
a good buy, especially now, for summer!

Archaic
Archaic

sweet but fresh, a lil bit powdery due to the iris note, sillage is average, long lasting (easily could pass 5 hours on my skin). good for summer. i really love Pure. but it only comes in 75ml bottle. haha i wish dunhill could produce a 125ml of this juice. haha. 2 thumbs up.

WoonD
WoonD

it does long lasting,the bottle even look cool!!!
for me it really smell "cold" minty.
seem the bottle look very interesting, i think is very good buy keep it as collection and some more it last long...
can have a try ...

Eros
Eros

Probably the best among modern (as of Feb-2009) Dunhill's series. "London" is too exotic and disbalanced, "Fresh" is not bright and not strong, but this one - very classic and forever young.
The color of the begining scent of this perfune IS NOT BLUE (despite its bottle), it is rather of "cofee-milk" color. It is warm. While it is fresh, the beginning is NOT AQUATIC IN ANY WAY, but the drydown - yes, fresh-aquatic.

Dunhill Pure by Alfred Dunhill 4.00 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Pure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Pure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dunhill Pure by Alfred Dunhill. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dunhill Pure by Alfred Dunhill represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.