Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Dunhill Pursuit Alfred Dunhill for men

Dunhill Pursuit Alfred Dunhill for men
dislike

Dunhill Pursuit Alfred Dunhill for men Videos
Dunhill Pursuit Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures Dunhill Pursuit Alfred Dunhill for men Pictures

This is a masculine perfume created by Michel Girard, launched in 2006 and packed in an elegant bottle designed by Franz – Rudolf Lehnert. The composition opens with pineapple leaf, green accords, yuzu, bergamot, orange leaf and mandarin. Middle notes introduce amber, lavender, cinnamon, pepper and cardamom. The base consists of musk, cedar, warm sandalwood, vetiver, amber and incense.

Sandalwood Amber Musk Green Leaves Incense Cedar Petitgrain

Chevignon Heritage for Men
Homme Exceptionnel

Dunhill Pursuit Fragrance Reviews

sswoverl
sswoverl

Pursuit is a less potent version of Ungaro III.

High price
High price

Need help i bought this perfume and it was called dunhill london pursuit and one with out london which one is the original one is made in france and the other one made in U.K

Note:London was written bottom of dunhill.

sameh
sameh

Well , Dunhill Pursuit is one of the best freg from Dunhill , when i wear it i feel that im Expensive , Dark & Sexy actually that what i feel like every time , my wife loves it & for me i love it spacialy with the dominating notes is the spicy dark cinnamon & orange leaf and mandarin which i love.
Projection : up to 4 Hours.
Bottle design : 8 / 10
Longevity : 6 hours
P.S. the only downside is Dunhill u should make it 200 ml not 75.

pronose

great and very unique scent by dunhill! just flawless which is very rare nowdays!

vonMises

This is an expertly done fragrance that will always be in my collection because it is so unique. Dunhill's are basically suit-wearing gentlemen's fragrances, and not intended to announce your presence so much as to enhance it a bit.

Here is a better fragrance pyramid from the other fragrance forum:

Bergamot, Mandarin, Yuzu, Pink Pepper

Cinnamon, Ambrette seed, Spike lavender, Cardamom

White Cedarwood, Vetiver, Vanilla, Patchouli

ses101
ses101

I love this, Dunhill fragrances always seem to be good and this is another one. It has a real smell of class and quality and yet is always reasonably priced (here in the UK at least). Longevity is the only slight let down but personally I'd rather have three or four hours of quality than be lumbered with a cheaper smell all day.

deoxy4
deoxy4

I thought that I had run into this fragrance before but could not quite identify it. It came to me today.

This is Gucci eau de Parfum for Women. Here are the accords for Gucci eau de Parfum:

Powdery
Woody
Balsamic
Vanilla
Smoky
Fresh spice

I don't have Gucci eau de Parfum to compare it to but it was a signature scent for a woman I dated. If you are a woman that is fond of this fragrance you might look into Dunhill Pursuit. In my opinion it is a unisex scent.

It is average for projection and sillage.

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

it reminds me jubilation

yasinelsarraj
yasinelsarraj

the strong opening reminds me of bogart PH .. (they both give me a headache).. then it smells like a manly version of CK shock .. after like 20 minutes it smells like hugo dark blue (i guess its the ginger) .. i like this fragrance

Firmansyah
Firmansyah

Dunhill Pursuit.
Remind me to 'Chris Gardner/Will Smith' on 'The Pursuit of HAPPYness'.
Chris Gardner represent this scent.
Hardworker. Family man. Smart. Consistent.
If you a man with high determination to get success, Dunhill Pursuit will be your bestfriend. To conquer the world.

The bottle cap with 'compass' is cool.
8/10 from me.

anggapra
anggapra

Just got this cologne. I've also asked my sister and mom and they both liked the smell. Proof that both young and old generation of woman like it, or at least in my family lol. For me it's not too overpowering because I only sprayed twice or sometimes only once. I think the con is just that it doesn't last that long. Otherwise, it's wonderful. I give it a 8/10

RobbieX

Just to add....Pursuit is a gorgeous woody/spicy fragrance that just lacks a little potency. Otherwise, it's great.

kanak
kanak

I cant understand why this does not get more Love. a very nice woody amber scent with incense , very similar to Dirty English in feel to my nose. Since DE is discontinued, this is a very competent replacement. Good projection and I get 6 to 8 hours longevity with about 4 sprays which is pretty good in my book. It is a very warm, comfortable, elegant fragrance that would work very well for nights out or close intimate settings. Probably more suited for colder weather but is pretty good for spring and summer nights as well. If you like Gucci Pour Homme, Dirty English or Dsquared Potion and you are on the look out for something similar, Dunhill Pursuit is a very good, much cheaper choice that punches far above it's weight. I love it.
8.5/10

vonMises

I like this very much. I don't sense anything artificial, as others have said. It is alternatingly sweet and spicy, then woody and green. It is mildly complex; I wouldn't say it is the most complex scent I own, but it is sufficiently interesting as to remain constantly enjoyable to me. It is very unique. Definitely worth trying.

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

This is another let-down from another great fashion house that discontinue their great colognes and just make endless new snazzy flacon designs linked with costly, smooth ad campaigns. This really isn't for a man. Its just too feminine a perfume. I agree drydown is a bit like Dirty English initial note, although D.E., whilst an excellent masculine scent, and without Pursuit's cloying excess vanilla, has no dry down: D.E. just simply disappears after 30 minutes, most unfortunately.

This would be agreeable to smell on an attractive, intelligent & well dressed business lady after the initial powerful "fumes" have subsided. But no more than agreeable.

Again with Dunhill; their taste and design expertise have gone into elegant and "holdable" flacons, not, more importantly, on what's actually inside.
On a positive note the bottle top is inlaid with a beautiful "wind rose" (compass) and you can stand the bottle on its side as well as on its base (duh!).

On a negative note the colour is like fanta orange beverage.

Further note**

Yes, that's it. The dry down is like a metal table in a cheap resort with Fanta spilt on it and dried in the sun. It's sticky and concentrated and next time you'll promise yourself Perrier instead.

AshyAC
AshyAC

Though a girl, l love all the notes contained in this perfume.
I plan wear it together with some white flower scents which are too bold for me, just to add some feeling of masculine and woody as I wish.
That's a blind buy, and I think it just doesn't let me down at the first sniff.
Get a 2.5 oz one for about $11…… what a good bargain!
Need more time to find out more about this scent.

pronose

another great classic by dunhill! it's not a generic colgne like others!!!!! it's a very unique scent by dunhill.

Jun0711
Jun0711

As for me, this cologne is making me imagine that adult men (who is wearing casual suits) wear this.

spartan
spartan

First off let me say I just purchased every fragrance this weekend that Dunhill currently offers. I have A growing respect for this House. With that said, I am stunned by Pursuit, I just Love it. A grown up Dirty English would be A good way to describe it, and since Dirty English was discontinued A perfect replacement. Very Masculine while remanning close to the skin, Perfect. When you sample this as always spray it on skin, for you rookies the paper sample strip is completely worthless, all Fragrance's need time to develop and mix with your natural body chemistry.

Permeant Staple in my collection.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

A few years ago I smelled this at a dept store. I didn't like it then. I ended up resampling today and liked it a lot. Definitely changed from dislike to like. Warm and spicy, Masculine and grown up. Definitely for the +25 group. I'd wear it in the fall, winter and early spring if I owned it. Maybe it will be a birthday present this year.

BringMe2Life927
BringMe2Life927

On paper, this fragrance reminds me of Dr.Pepper; however, the dry down reminds me of Dirty English, but more subtle and elegant.

Keddy
Keddy

Exactly what RobbieX said. Warm, sweet and spicy. It worked well on my skin, smells a little synthetic and it hurts my nose smelling it up close. You can wear it all year round but its much better on Fall.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I'll tell you from the start that I really don't like this "perfume". It is one of the most synthetic plasticky artificial smelling fragrances I have tried. The green leafy citrus opening clashes with a synthetic lavender and amber that smells one step away from toxic. I like the pepper in the heart, but it doesn't even come close to balancing the cloying sticky sweet amber and supposed sandalwood, not to mention that lavender. This is somewhere in the realm of Vera Wang for Men and Dolce and Gabbana's The One, but nowhere near as good as either. What happened to the Dunhill that created their famous EDC 1934 and Edition? Bring those back and dump these half hearted attempts at being modern. Do NOT blind buy this from looking at the notes, I suspect you would be disappointed.

shak2
shak2

smell is very strong for me....but i like it!

CGV
CGV

First of all, I love mandarin. In this fragrance it shines through the spices and that already makes it very nice to me. Its a good feeling to wear it. Sophisticated & grown up enough to be taken seriously. Yet fresh and uplifting. Nice one from Dunhill!

RobbieX

A smooth warm sweet & spicy fragrance. Can smell the amber and the mandarin distinctly, with vanilla. Later the incense comes through. Reminds me of Laura Biagotti Roma per Uomo. Staying power and sillage is only moderate, this isn't a potent fragrance. Not their best but, another good Dunhill.

behzad1280
behzad1280

This is smoothly nice and lovely.
Musk and amber make you feel alive, sandalwood and incense make you feel warm, and other stuffs in it do the rest !!! Don’t worry they are perfectly in harmony !
You will enjoy and wear it even at bedtime!
Longevity and projection is about average.

یک عطر دوست داشتنی که به شما احساس زندگی، عشق و گرمی میده
بسیار دلچسب و دلفریب و مهربونه این رایحه
دوام و پخش بوی متوسطی داره

vikrantbharti
vikrantbharti

lasts long, very unique frooty notes

vladiopa
vladiopa

Dunhill always created surprisingly scents with good longevity and strongness. Compared to other Dunhill perfumes (like Desire, Desire Blue, Fresh or Pure) for me this seems to be the most elegant I've tried. I would probably use it especially for evening since I consider it's not so much a perfume to wear over day but could be suitable for an elegant outfit as well during a midday business meeting

iconoclast
iconoclast

A fragrance that I reckon along with Black, is perhaps the best of the (modern) male Dunhills.

Overall, I get a distinct "barbershop" vibe throughout much like YSL RG pour Homme. I enjoy the winey, boozy notes of the bergamot at the beginning and then it retreats all too quickly into a juicy, woody and mildly spicy skin scent, that I reckon lacks a little character, but is pleasant nonetheless. In fact, I also wish it had a little more projection, although it lasts well as a skin scent.

I think it's a highly versatile year-round scent that can be used equally well casually or for special events. If I stretch my imagination to breaking point, I can just about make the link to African safaris and the like...although I'm still not sure if I've been deluded by the marketing. Anyway, I really like the orange colour of the liquid, the fact that it smells traditional and modern at the same time, and a special mention also for its classy low-slung bottle design.

Overall, don't expect any WOW! factor whilst wearing it, but I'd still recommend it as a nice solid buy that is widely available at a good price.

buharyn
buharyn

very nice one, I prefer sweet fragnancies but this one is really got me.
very mature , maculine. reminds me a winter night although it is nice to wear in hot weather as well.

highly recomended

CHRISTOPHE
CHRISTOPHE

Just bought this over the weekend at a discount store and it is worth at least twice what I paid for it! I have 20 or so fragrances that I rotate depending on the season/weather and my moods but this one will stay at the top of my list.

SilverFire
SilverFire

When it first goes on, it smells kind of arid yet cologne-like. In the first few hours, I can detect four different notes: the wine-like bergamot (of course), some kind of pepper, something cool and sedate in the background, and something candy-sweet (cinnamon?). There’s this playful back-and-forth among the arid feel and the confident feel, with one announcing its presence only to fade into the other as it makes itself known. Without giving in to the power of suggestion, I’d say that it does give a good impression of a standing on the edge of the desert, before the initial trek begins. Then the various notes fuse into a cologne scent, and this dominates, which smells like a fainter, more peppery version of Euphoria. The silage is good. As time goes on (about 3 hours) it loses strength and becomes a more soapy version of itself with a faint pepper feel. By six hours, it has faded down to the skin level, leaving only a kind of peppery sweetness – and that smells pretty good, actually.

I got the idea where this scent wanted to go, but it just never got there. It ended up as just another decently-smelling variant of Euphoria, with a little bit better lasting power. I think you can find better colognes out there if you’re interested in the explorer feel. I’d recommend Stetson Black or Polo Explorer.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I will enjoy smelling this scent for now. Pursuit, to me, is almost Dirty English, one I'd fallen in love with before.
Pursuit has a softer body of bergamot and spices, and the incense adds another flavor. All over, Pursuit is of a slightly modern feel with a very classic body, and being the exact scent I had expected to find in the bottle for Ralph Safari, though Safari turned out more citrusy.

Pursuit would be best for night time wear depending on the sillage.

xerces1492
xerces1492

opens up with an incensy fruity character. As it dries, the fruit fades a bit and the spices kick in and flesh it out with cardamom and cinnamon. as it continues, the cedar and sandalwood really start to make themselves known. I have to say this is some really good cologne. It's masculine and energizing yet reserved at the same time. A remedy for the Acqua di Gios of the world if i ever smelled one. Classy and mature yet still good to wear at any age. Great for work. My only problem is it's longevity. otherwise it's one of my colognes in regular rotation.

urobian
urobian

Nice memories with this dunhill. Lovely aromatic-spicy fragance with a soft incence line and comfortable fruity touch. Manly and distintive, verstile to wear and easy to enjoy.

Like the ad show, the fragance evokes an afternoon, a peaceful sunny moment in thoughts and emotions.

ausamamira
ausamamira

a type of fragarnce that you either like or love ..... it cant be offinsive or it doesnt give you any execuse to dislike....
like all prev reviews i find it (peppery,insenc-y,woody,long lasting,sweet and ambery)....a non regretable fragrance

instantjim
instantjim

This is the second Dunhill fragrance I have acquired and I bought it cheaply(75mL for the equivalent of a little over $20 US - on sale). I also bought it blind. In Australia, Dunhill fragrances can be found almost everywhere, which might give the impression to some that these are generic or of low quality. Not true.

Well I'm certainly glad I bought this one. It is all 100% class. The packaging is very elegant, yet still functional: the compass design on the lid a nice touch and hints at Dunhill's commitment to quality.

The liquid itself is very warm and rich. It has a pepper-like sharpness which is accompanied by the incense and woody notes, meaning that the sharpness is subdued enough to not make you sneeze. I'm not really sure how to properly express this, but here goes: the pepper (not listed as one of the notes)rises out of the general richness created by the expert combination of woody, spicy, incense and sweet notes and adds another dimension to this fragrance.

It is impossible to overstate how classy this one is.

After a while the pepper fades and the cinnamon and musk become more obvious. The woods and incense are the most pervasive of the notes and give this more than acceptible longevity.

I have not yet experienced a Dunhill fragrance that I don't like.

denmaz
denmaz

Really fresh opening, rather sweet. But i don't like this in drydown. Bergamot n sandalwood make me headache.

omega_69
omega_69

This is good, good stuff, but a little definitely goes a long way. Dunhill Pursuit consistently garners compliments from everyone around me - both women and men.

jtsmith09
jtsmith09

I have had this fragrance twice before and my nose never gets fed up of it. Being a natural perfumer and creator of my own perfumes I know that I prefer oriental woody fragrances as they are very masculine. In this fragrance you can clearly smell the incense and the ambers and musk which gives the fragrance that added mystery. This fragrance is a must have for any male collection. This fragrance is perfect to wear on a night out as it has very good staying power which is down to the musk, amber and incense notes.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this some grown man stuff here.doesnt have the longevity of some of his past works tho,hope thats not a sign of things to come

cody1303
cody1303

has a very attractive top note that is fresh but dark.. and fades and dampens to warmer less distinctive notes

Natalia78
Natalia78

One of the most interesting men's fragrances I have ever experienced.
Starts with sharp woody notes but dries with sweet musky veil that last on skin for a very long time. That's also a very strong point of this perfume - lasts even longer than most of strong men's colognes my boyfriend is wearing.

Perfect love gift.

lollynut
lollynut

On my skin, it's not long last at all.
Why??

I think it smell like Kenneth Cole - Reaction in more sweet scent.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

' An oriental, woody fragrance with tropical green pineapple, green leaves, orange leaves, cedar, sandalwood, musk, amber and smoldering incense. Very nice and very spicy. This fragrance is very long lasting.

dolita
dolita

the worst dunhill ever made when i smell it i got a bad headache its very sharp not warm or quite but sour

LORENA
LORENA

my husband has just bought a bottle, the incense notes are strong, I like it. Very masculin, I think

Dunhill Pursuit by Alfred Dunhill 3.90 out of 5 based on 177 ratings and 48 user reviews

Sample
Dunhill Pursuit Cologne by Alfred Dunhill - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
DUNHILL PURSUIT for MEN by Alfred Dunhill EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
DUNHILL PURSUIT for MEN by Alfred Dunhill EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Gift Set 2.5oz
Dunhill Pursuit Gift Set by Alfred Dunhill Gift Set for Men Includes 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 5 oz After Shave Balm
Dunhill Pursuit Cologne by Alfred Dunhill, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dunhill Pursuit Cologne by Alfred Dunhill, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gift Set 2.5oz
Dunhill Pursuit Cologne by Alfred Dunhill - -- Gift Set - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 5 oz After Shave Balm
Dunhill Pursuit Cologne by Alfred Dunhill - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Dunhill Pursuit Cologne by Alfred Dunhill - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
DUNHILL PURSUIT for MEN by Alfred Dunhill SET-EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 5 OZ TUBE

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Alfred Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dunhill Pursuit by Alfred Dunhill. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dunhill Pursuit by Alfred Dunhill represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.