Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Encore Alfred Sung for women

Encore Alfred Sung for women
dislike

tuberose

Encore by Alfred Sung is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Encore was launched in 1990. The fragrance features tuberose, sandalwood, musk, vanilla, jasmine and rose.

Tuberose Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Jasmine Rose

Givenchy Harvest 2007 Organza Jasmine
Soleil

Encore Fragrance Reviews

daisyvision
daisyvision

Much like the reviewers below me, I have to agree - Encore smells nothing like I expected. I thought it would be a light & sweet white floral. While it is pretty 'dark', it's also very reminiscent of perfumes much older than the 1990s. I agree that it's got a very similar vibe to Estee, and sort of reminds me of... Incognito by Dana.

Though, despite the throwback qualities, I'd say it's a good representative of its time period. The jasmine here is anything but sweet. It's got an indolic quality, a little animalic and musty, that makes it feel earthy & genuine, rather than artificial. Encore is unique and intriguing.

marissaag1
marissaag1

This has all the notes I typically enjoy, so I'm not sure why it doesn't smell like I want it to.

I found a vintage bottle of the original formula and snagged it for a song. Upon first spraying, I was enveloped in a choke-worthy blast of intense heaviness. It's the offspring of a one-night-stand between Estee Lauder Estee and Elizabeth Taylor Passion. I would have expected the top note to be aldehydes rather than florals. I tried to wait it out and let the scent develop, but it was just too much and I finally changed out of every bit of clothing I was wearing in an effort to escape.

I decided to use it as a bathroom air freshener, and had the same immediate reaction when I sprayed. However, when I returned to the bathroom a couple hours later, the remnants were lovely. I was very pleased with this phase of the fragrance, but I'm not willing to sit through the early stages in order to get to this one. I shoved the bottle back in my closet.

Two days later, I can STILL smell Encore in my bathroom. I don't know if it soaked into the grout or if it's just THAT STRONG... but it's lingering. A little too "old-school fragrance bomb" for me.

mwallwork
mwallwork

Bought when new to market. In my bottle, the top notes are almost gone so it is difficult to give an honest review. Still smells similar to something I remember especially in the dry down which is still quite pleasant.

iafar
iafar

hi ho is the nose
i thenk the same nose ho qriat ayates by givenchy or byzance by roshas

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I perceive this as a sweet scent but most don't seem to. Its a really nice scent though. Really strong and dry down seems to be the same too as strong. Lasts quite a while. Thanks Nyoka!

nyoka
nyoka

I think Encore is a Beautiful scent.The florals blend into a bouquet that anywoman would b proud to posess.It does have a woody accord that I love.SAndlewood is hard but at the same time soft.I find this is true of most women.It is a hold ur head up high fume but looks at u out of the corner of its eye and winks.It lets u be in charge and u will only draw self confident men who want a great match for themselves.Sometimes I get up and think(huh)its an Encore kind of daY!!

Zhara
Zhara

Alfred Sung Encore is a fragrance for a woman who plays hardball.
Encore is not playful.

Warm, yet not too friendly. Reserved, yet not meek. Strong, yet not dramatic. It is a daytime fragrance for a business executive who just happens to be a woman.

While the flowers are calmly present from opening to drydown, a stern, burnished wood and ever-so-faintly spicy note take over in the middle, and drive this number far away from any dreams of romance.

For all the serious sandalwood, there is no mistaking this for a male or even a unisex scent; it's clearly a woman's wear item. The rose, tuberose and jasmine are present - they are simply contained. No flirting allowed - the flowers in Encore must sit down and behave themselves.

Encore is slightly dated, if only because such dry and serious oriental florals (designed for women competing in the business world) did not really exist until the 1970s. Encore entered the market almost 20 years after the first of these 'office fragrances', and clearly is a progressive refinement of Charlie, Albert Nippon, and some of the other, earlier scents climbing the corporate ladder and banging on the glass ceiling.

For myself, I prefer scents that jump for attention a bit more than Encore. For all it's even-handed blending and moderately-high quality of ingredients, it does remain just a tad quiet, buttoned up and dry. Still, one of the best of this category.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Sung Encore fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alfred Sung Encore, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Encore by Alfred Sung. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Encore by Alfred Sung represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.